PATH OF EXILE

Coming to Xbone?
But will it have CROSS-PLATFORM multiplayer? That will be sweet.

meme game now on a meme platform

Blizzard failed so bad at Diablo3 to allow this to fluorish.

Yea because a retard with a controller will be just as good at the game as a retard with M/KB.

HOW DARE THEY WASTE MY MONEY ON MICROSOFT WITHOUT ASKING ME FOR PERMISSION FIRST ?!?

Path of exile went to shit long ago.

Confirmed for having never played it

No, GGG stated Xbone players will be on their own separate realm.

Still, I'm calling that this is the death throes of this game, their balance team is already fucking clueless and it's 100% guaranteed future content will be "OH! This would be coo- oh but it wouldn't work on xbox and it's not worth doing it on pc only, scrap it."

What game do I play if I want to get into this genre? I've tried Diablo, PoE, Grim Dawn, Deathspank and Titan's Quest and I always lose interest by the first hour. The idea of raiding a dungeon and collecting loads of loot and whatnot is fascinating and is my biggest draw but the gameplay just loses me near instantly.

Forgot pic

You don't, the gameplay really is shit. "3d but top-down" is a legacy mechanic from when computers weren't as good in every way inferior to having a game with a camera system that wasn't purposefully made shit

But is there like a game that combines the dungeon crawling and loot collecting with other types of gameplay?

Memelands.

a good game

I doubt it will be cross-platform with PC, global chat is a fairly intrinsic part of PoE and having a shitload of completely mute character is not going to mix well.

Also, how gear dependent is mirror arrow trapper?

I hope they are not going to fuck the game up too much when creating new content.

No, there won't be.

How so?

I think Marvel Heroes is coming to consoles too.
Infinite Warfare suffered shit sales on PC and was still the number one best selling game across all platforms, PC included. Consoles must be a lot more profitable.

PvP in PoE is non-existant

Used to play this on PC but after the last expansion the lag got unbearable.

At least I hope they fix that in the One version

no local offline version?

Xbone players only have 4 flasks

Suck it!

Not even once

Sorry op, i don't play sjw shit.

No that would be retarded and no it wont, thats already confirmed.
There is no way in hell they could ever use the same balance for pc and xbox.
Im just worried that this bullshit will kill the game. i have over 1000 hours and there is nothing to replace it. diablo 3 is utter trash and grim dawn just didnt jam with me.

why, what did the devs do?

Their tastes "evolved".

Actually the console version is superior, it's the only version that doesn't have always online DRM.
The game's still shit though.

nope. Have heard a couple german players lag isn't really a factor but for me it always was to some degree. was fine for the most part after they added the lockstep toggle as an option. Still had some issues though.

path on the bone….I guess that's cool.

…be more specific you fucking retard.

Growing to hate that game more and more.
The 'rng' is insane and borderline to undocumented drop rate manipulation.

Sjw's threw a bitchfit because mana and hp globes has girls with exposed tits in chains, instead of telling them to fuck off the devs removed the girls and replaced them with some generic shit saying how they have made a mistake and how they will strive for better female representation in their games and how they are not muhsoggyknees.

fair enough, that is fucking gay.

Trappers aren't very gear dependent, but you get a lot of hidden downsides instead. (eg. being unable to leech being one of the primary).

Go play Grim Dawn

Did it occur to you to ask for source? because all of that is bullshit. They changed the UI because that's what they do every time they add a new act, they'll change again on 3.0, not that it matters since the game has gone to shit, no Grim Dawn or D3 shit, but shit nonetheless.

Arent you mistaking this gaem for Pillars of Equality?

What is so bad about Pillars of Eternity?

Didn't they change like, 1 thing 1 time. I agree it was dumb, but they're hardly drinking the coolaid and tweeting about how there needs to be more strong characters.

It was overbalanced by Josh "Magic is for Grognards" Sawyer.

Path of Exalted Orb, where assholes like Kripparian streamed their drop and monopolized the fucking market, game was "good" in its own way in 2011, then it went landslide with all the unbalanced shit they kept throwing, they never fixed anything but kept adding and hoping things will glue itself loosely with whatever they spat on it. Remember Spork build anyone?

they'r all diablo/Lineage clone, so stick to diablo 2 with some graphical mods, best itemization there, classes and synergy abilities > all these new bullshit

Diablo2 is best?

that's bullshit and you know it

why is it shit, the trade? i dont really pay much attention to it so i never know why people say the game went to shit kek

i preffer path of exile to diablo 2 because of the quality of life improvements it has over it, but diablo 2 with medianXL is awesome

sage for multiple post

i'll admit, i havent played it since the beta or anything, my first character was in the talisman league, but as i see it the game has only gotten better since then. Breach is by far my favorite league.
There are some obvious balancing fails, like double dipping still beating the shit out of everything else, but even then, it doesnt invalidate other kinds of builds, that are either specialized for certain content, or just faster.
I think the game is in a pretty good spot right now.

PoE is FUN.

Diablo 3 with the expansion(s), Diablo 2 with some mods, Divine Divinity, Divinity Original Sin.

Median XL is all you need

Except the builds that get nerfed into shit by them being incompetent retards and seeing a few OP as fuck combinations and going "better nerf the entire mechanic".
Poison being the most recent example of invalidating a massive number of builds because some builds that were OP as fuck used it.

but poison is still op as shit, what are you on about?

Post Witch feet

it's OP when used in the new builds, it killed a massive amount of older builds.
Not to mention the cast on crit change, the CODT change.
All ruined a ton of builds and because these were minor patches, no point refunds.

im pretty sure i got a complete refund at some point because they changed the passive tree in a minor way.

still though, they nerved a few op metabuilds, thats a good thing as far as i am concerned.

Pathfinder still exists user, that argument holds no water

its not an argument if im not arguing for something. im just saying that nerfing op shit is good.
im certainly not saying that there is no op shit in the game. just look at fucking vinktars vessle, the completely retarded imbalance blows my mind every time i look at it.

Except the problem is they don't nerf the core parts of the OP builds.
They cause horrific collateral damage each and every time, and often don't give tree resets unless there's a massive tree overhaul.

Like the elementalist witch tree got nerfed about 6 or so months ago and they refunded the ascendancy nodes, but the problem is it was nerfed so hard a lot of builds didn't work anymore. All of this was to nerf one build that used wither. Best part was Wither is still OP as shit and used in a ton of builds.

Try moded Torchlight 2

Still the best in the genre.

Shit class design and shit art direction.

Shit taste detected

But WC3 art direction are really shit. Gald all another parts of the game was fixed by mods.

please never instal Synergies

Got a good mod for TL2 ?

That game was pretty shit.

Go through 3 floors of cannon fodder and then you get to fight with a new background
repeat.
Am i talking about torchlight 1? Doesnt matter its the same bullshit. And that skill tree holy shit.

Synergies

Blank Landmarks
Extra Chunky
Evil UI (Haven't tried Diablo II UI)
These are the ones I'd played with after beating the vanilla and NG++. There are new mods is the steam workshop that I' had never seen before and Nexus has some mods I don't see on steam right now. Moddb only has a few items, all of which I think are on steam already.
I've also played with some Nethermancer class which was ridiculously OP, but fun as hell to burn through mana with.

Soon.

Servitor look like a Babylon 5 Shadow

that art direction gave me cancer.

how the hell is wither op? its literaly just a debuf that makes essence drain less shitty against bosses. im sure its used in every single op as shit poison build, but thats still a problem with poison, not with wither.

Oh no you did some wonky interaction with one of the witch nodes and wither. I don't know the specifics because it was expensive as all hell. And rather than nerf wither or the items used. They decided to completely ruin the ascendancy tree.

Why cant ggg hire real artists? They recently even hired real fucking coder! They even made announcement about HIRING CODER!

Remember than they nerfed ALL CURSES because of one 80ex axe?

Its just cheap. Wither+abyssal cry+aoe+750dot on weapon+chaos damage nodes + aoe nodes and you can comfortably farm almost any map, especially breaches because lots of mobs and especially double beyond breaches.

Grim Dawn was here. PoE is a loser.

yea, but if anything in that combo is op its abysal cry. deals a percentage of the monsters maxium life as chaos damage, which then double dips with poison. you realy dont need wither for that to be op.

wither is just a debuf that is applied relatively slowly.

TORCHLIGHT
Like the gameplay and classes were distinct. Didn't like the monster design though.

PoE
Like the monster design but class design is bleh.

Does Grim Dawn have a decent endgame yet?

trade and balance issues are a small part I guess, my main grip with the game is performance and leveling, performance seems to change randomly from good to bad to decent to atrocious from patch to patch, breaches freeze for 1 second when I hit a lot of mobs currently, while it worked fine last patch. Also since I got a shit connection I've switched to softcore now, did you know the game has a 6 second disconnection window? your character gets wailed on for 6 fucking seconds when you flatline, and I fucking flatline very often, I don't mind dying in a hardcore league all that much, I mind it happening to bullshit disconnects or performance issues and have to slog through leveling all the way to merciless dried lake all over again, that part is fucking terrible, nowadays I only level a single character per league because I hate leveling so fucking much.

Did it ever stop with the heavy ass updates?
I don't have the best connection in the world and i basically had to remove auto updates cause it would update every other day with 300+ mb worth of shit.

That game was ok at best.

Large patches only occur when new leagues start, mid league patches tend to be like 30mb. If you're on steam and have the game on an HDD patches can take for fucking ever though.