Space Thread: Disappointed Edition

There will never be a great space game. Everything so far was good at best.
I bought NMS.

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/300054-Alien-archeology-and-other-mysteries-Thread-9-The-Canonn?p=5035146&viewfull=1#post5035146
elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Bulletin_Board
eddb.io/
inara.cz/
arkku.com/elite/hud_editor/
edtools.ddns.net/
edcodex.info/?m=tools
shipyards.relicnews.com/
frontier.co.uk/docs/files/Frontier Developments Annual Report 2015.pdf
elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Alpha_Centauri/Hutton_Orbital
kickstarter.com/projects/cig/star-citizen
youtu.be/YGqndJFKOfA
moddb.com/mods/halo-covenant-at-war
moddb.com/mods/halo-campaign-commander2
arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10366523
arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10361233-the-undiscovered-lockbox
childrenofadeadearth.com/
childrenofadeadearth.wordpress.com/
community.elitedangerous.com/en/galnet/uid/58872def9657ba9230f89d99
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I just want an MMO with on foot and ship gameplay.

STO??

A quadruple dub with a triple dub clone.
You have been checked.

What are some good Franco-Belgian space opera comics not including Wake and Valerian?

Angels Falls First has that, but is early access and has maybe a dozen active players

The only part that's bad about STO is the ground combat.

Goddammit OP you tremendous faggot, had the pictures ready and was waiting for the old thread to hit 13.

Oh that explains everything.

I'm sorry user that I couldn't keep my promise to you.

Freespace 1 and 2 came out over a decade ago.

good at best

This stupid show and it's stupid Yang plot I'm going to fuggin gas

Did you get to THAT episode?
You know which one if you got to it

>no skimpy uniform edition i guess we can wait for the next threax
>NMS crashed and burned surprising noone
Why are we still here? Just to suffer?

As if you even need to ask.

I'm on ep 70 and right now I'm too angry to talk properly

You really shouldn't be.

You got Trips, you can't end it now, it's now your task to suffer.

I've calmed down, but the episode before had me getting ready for feels not rage. This show wants to be realistic but gives all that up for plot at a moments notice and that gets me irritated as hell.

After watching that video of Archon Fury kicking ass in a Sidewinder I've been having some fun in my own. Here's another Archon video.

Seeing how I didn't purchase NMS, I've been having a grand old time playing it. It's fun not worrying about financial investments.

Will the modding community ever add anything to the game, like actually round planets, working solar systems, dogfights, enemies that aren't sentinels/angry animals, storylines, more races, more NPC animation/interactivity? At best all I've seen them do is tweak lighting and plant sizes. Like New Vegas, it probably has the potential to be a good game after the mod community fixes it.

STOP IT

NMS is not TES, so odds are pretty damn low.

Why the fuck did I greentext that

You might need a break from posting.

Eh? Didnt watch dogs mod only unlocked the E3 visuals? And everything else was still shit?

Actually, the game was pretty good, but it could have beat the shit out of GTA 5 with the help of modders. It had so much potential and world interactivity other open world sandbox games just don't have.

NOT AGAIN

So what's the issue here now? Does the scene cut in at a bad time or something?

No it's the episode it self

Damn, I dodged another bullet

Are you talking about watch dogs or sleeping dogs?

Its just yang outsmarting everyone

You fucking what, little shit?

THREADLY REMINDER TO GET YOUR ASS OVER TO WHEEMEZ AND GRIND LIKE THE AUTIST YOU ARE IN THE NAME OF THE 8TH IMPERIAL PILOT'S SYNDICATE
OUR FACTION IS NOW AT 15% SYSTEM INFLUENCE, RANKING IT AS THE #2 FACTION IN THE SYSTEM

We really need to figure out good systems nearby for various things like mining, equipment, etc. and enter that information into an infograph.

I'm gonna invest all my savings on star ships xDDDD

Heads up all, Imperium Galactica 1 and 2 just hit steamstop.

Don't you mean mediocre?

You will get your feels in an episode or two.
They just decided to show Iserlohn re-capture before the battle of Marr-adetta.

Tell me about wheemez. What sort of game is it?
I'm in the mood for space shit.
I'm gonna google it anyway, but I want the opinion of someone on Holla Forums.

That episode was bullcrap with all that plot armor , that's what got me angry

Wheemez is a system in ED.
ED is a bad game.
Don't give Braben your money.

Well fuck, now I feel stupid.
Is the game any fun? Only space vydia I played before was Tachyon the Fringe and X-3.
Dunno if I could join you guys and actually help.

ED isn't fun. Don't fall for the anons desperately trying to justify their purchase.

You'll excuse me if I don't take your word for it, but since there's a rampant ammount of >(1)'s going from thread to thread posting "IT'S FUCKING SHIT" I'd like for someone to elaborate a little more on why something is or isn't fun.

Well here's a (2) calling you a faggot.

It's shit because FDev are retarded, development is glacially slow and they'll nickel-and-dime you via Season Passes. The community is full of carebear faggots that cry and bitch about any and all PvP or just generally when players manipulate the universe. The quasi-MMO system doesn't work. Everything in the game is designed to waste your time ever so slightly. The only progression is via grinding money for new ships, the available ways of making money are all equally tedious and never become more difficult or interesting.

So, for a new player the game is essentially tossing you in the model t of starships, in the middle of space and telling you to do your own thing. How you make your money, where you go, what you do if anything is entirely up to you. For some this can be intimidating, but if that sounds right up your ally then you'll most likely enjoy the game.
Negatively, once you do everything you want you don't really have enough tools to really do anything particularly emergent. Toss in some issues with grinding naval ranked locked ships, and Frontiers seeming anathema towards the idea of players being allowed to control the game more directly the game can be a bit of a burn out. For every interesting idea like players UA bombing a station to the point it's services go offline, we get a player group system that is essentially a npc system with the name of your choice on it you can help grow. Me personally, I like the game but buy it on sale unless you have the money to blow and don't buy horizons unless something about it really interests you.

Eh, I do have money to blow, but from your description, it's the sort of game I'd pay 30$ for base game and maybe 15 to 20 bucks on a cashop.
If it costs more than that, no deal.
You kidding? That sounds like a multiplayer version of Space Rangers. It's precisely what I wanted.

Elaborate on it. I don't mind spending dough on a cashop when I can control what I get. Season Passes usually revolve around believing that I'll totally get a bunch of shit worth the 20 or 30 bucks it costs and then getting a lot of shitty skins/maps/stuff you don't really like.
Are there multiple season passes like Evolve?

Well here's a (4) like your favourite chan.
Go back.

Here's a (3) for that trips of 3s confirming your faggotry. It's your kind of game, lube up and fit Star Citizen and No Man's Sky up there, too.

What the fuck, why make a Deluxe version that doesn't have everything released so far.
The base game is 20 bucks, Deluxe is 40.
Do they expect me to pay DOUBLE the price for an imcpmplete set?
Or does the "Commander Pack" have all the other commander packs?

Just for that, I'll buy one of those 10.400$ ships from StarCitizen and posts the jpg here.
That will show you to mess with me, kid.
*teleports away*

Season pass at the moment is Horizons gives you planetary landings and all the stuff that entails, for airless worlds only. Engineering(end game modifications for ships parts like engine/shields/guns etc), passenger missions for the person who always wanted to be a space love boat and player launched fighter with an ai crewmen who can control the fighter or your ship while you take over the fighter. The next big update for Horizons is multicrew which is exactly like it sounds. After that we're supposed to get one further update before the next big season pass feature. My general rule of thumb is unless something interests you don't buy horizons until it does interest you enough to spend money on it.

All that shit outside of horizons is fucking cosmetic paintjob shit.

Well fuck it then. I see the Season pass actually has a bunch of gameplay tied to it, so I'll pass the rest of the "packs" and get the deluxe one.
Is there guilds or some such and do we have one? Gonna be a day or two until I actually get in-game though.

Player groups exist but no way for anyone to know about it. We've asked, they gave us in game factions I mentioned instead. There's a group who do stuff in the thread but I am my own cmdr. Good luck, ask questions. Try not to worry about dieing too much in a sidewinder.

The very best.

Everything else might as well be shit in comparison.

That and the shit plot.

And the p2w shit out the fucking ass.

And the half finished Klingon faction.

And the quarter finished Romulan faction.

And the lack of a Cardassian faction.

And the horribly repetitive space combat.

You know, apart from everything that makes up the entire game it's a great game!

And the horribly out of scale interiors. There's nothing like walking onto the bridge of a galaxy class and noticing it's as wide as a football field and has a ceiling higher than St. Paul's.

Its like watching fucking ant colony simulator, where different species of ants co-exist with each other. Fuck it, agression meter goes to the max next time i start this.

I always found Distant Worlds pretty boring. All the colonies feel completely pointless statistics and there isn't much planetary government management. Becoming a bland multispecies federation being the optimal way to play rubs me the wrong way too. That is why I cautiously looked forward to Stellaris as a space gsg, but even my meagre expectations were let down.

Its way too easy to cheese diplomacy in it, your relationship almost never goes down as long as you keep up with gifts and trade treaties.

By the way, what's the problem of stellaris? I hear constantly its bad for some reason, but i can't get why.

Stellaris bogs down on a normal-sized map late game.
Every first day of the month the game freezes for a few seconds. After exploring 150 stars, it will freeze for a second. After exploring 300 stars, it freezes for a good 3 seconds.
There's also the lack of end-game content, but to be honest, that has been more or less fixed with content they patched in later down the line. I guess it's mostly about the way diplomacy works that irks people.
One thing that really started bothering me about the warscore was how it was calculated. Some asshole sent his entire fleet against mine and I crush it. I get 2% on war score. I capsize a planet, I get another 2%. But if I destroy an extractor? That's 10% of the Warscore!
At least it was, I haven't tried with latest patches because of the aforementioned chugging. The point was that wars essentially go down to:
After the first big skirmish where they lose their entire army, they have no real hope of striking back. On the off chance they are producing ships and a new fleet, sure I'd accept the low warscore.
But I often find 20 planets, undefended (or with a 3-unit millitia) and no more ships. Why don't they just sign the fucking white peace right there and then?

There's not much content or meaningful mechanics. I like the flavour events, but they get repetive if there isn't a ton of them. The warfare is really boring too.

Horizons lets you grind engineering to make your weapons flat-out better than non-engineered shit so you can pubstomp other people. That's the only thing it offers.

In the interest of honest hate (and because people will go NUH UH WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER STUFF): There is more, but it's just meaningless bloat. Fucking Space Engine has better planet surfaces than ED.

First game I bought for the pc, myself. Cost me 9 Gulden (Dutch currency). Played this shit on a 66mHz 124mb RAM Windows 95 computer. The game where I discovered I was a true space-nazi. Heil Minions!

I've got the best high tech so far and the nearest pristine rings.

High Tech outfitting: Kirkwood Vision, Sys Cernobog.
Closest Pristine: Sys Zeta Octantis

What other info should I grab?

I'm still salty about Gearbox being so damn incompetent and still outbidding Stardock and Paradox for the Homeworld rights. They just don't know shit about strategy games and are going to take the IP down with their sinking ship.

fixed your mistake there.

Too bad EA can't make a game as great as Starflight anymore.

This exploit is so retarded, i am not even surprised game crashed.

We need a 'Peace of Muad'dib' edition sometime.

I made my way to Wheemez but didn't have any mission from the 8th. After seeing how retarded the mission system is made, it doesn't surprise me.

That's because the camera would clip outside the bridge if it was smaller.
Most of the problems can be explained by Cryptic's restraints under Atari (aka Great Content Drought, when the Borg were supposed to be the big baddies) and then PW's later absolute unrestrained Jewry.

Watch Dogs. In fact, it was the better game because it didn't have the same stupid enemy types that always spawned in the same locations and formations and a lot more of the world gets used in the game.

As a guy who actually plays Elite Dangerous regularly, trust me when I say it is shit. The game starts off fun and it seems that there are limitless possibilities. But the more you play, the more you realize that all the mechanics are shallow and you have no actual effect on anything. Things that have extreme amounts of potential are deliberately made to be as anti-fun as possible to appease the forumdads, a group of old men that played the original elite when they were kids who want ED to basically be an HD remake and feel like a job instead of a fun space sim. That being said, the game currently offers more than Star Citizen does and intends to continue adding more mechanics for many years to come at reasonable compared to $1000 jpeg prices in the form of unreasonably large amounts of season passes planned for the future.

What are some space strategies that are actually FUN?

Good thing I got the expansion pass and at the rates the game is going (and deteriorating) I'm starting to think it will not even get a season 3. FD really seem to have no fucking idea of what they are doing, it isn't malice, it is incompetence.

Fdev are stuck in a game design philosophy from circa 1999. The only thing ED really gets right is the cockpits.

Looks like the Ayylums ruins are bugged in open and not in solo mode, so far only 1 ancient site has been discovered and there are a couple more. Not even the massive autist that play ED don't even have a clue on where to find the rest and these are the guys that found the first site by looking at the stars in one of the games trailers.

I'll leave useless ruins autistic search to Reddit, all the information about it is out of game anyways, making it worthless.

People on the forums are bitching that - GASP - other people are killing dudes at the ruins. Oh the humanity!

Wonder what would happen if people modded Angels Fall First and turned it into an RPG?

They have Mobius and Solo if they can't handle Open.

Yes. They do that. Shooting people in a video game is cyber terrorism according to them.

Can you go full Allahu Snackbar yet?

At least I didn't back SC too.

Yes. take an eagle, dmg it by running into the side of the station abit, then ram full speed into a player ship coming into said station, if they are going over the speed limit they just murdered you, the station murderfucks them. Check your speed not your credit balance.

May have to get the game just to do that.

That is some gay shit.

it doesn't though
just scan the nav beacon and look for a signal source

If you go to the system before the time window and scan the nav beacon it'll spawn the mission signal outside the time period.

Thank god, I fully expected FDev to include a waiting period just to extend the grind.

don't give them any ideas user, they might do it

As if the game can be anymore of a boring snorefest.

What space game allows me to see attack ships burn off the shoulder of Orion?

They will find a way.

KSP might be glitchy, but it's pretty fun.

It's got planes too

It's a fucking surprise that a faggot like you would buy nms and shit on Freespace.
BREAKING NEWS: OP IS A COCKGOBBLING FAGGOT

ALSO, WATER IS WET

Thought OP's first pic from the thumbnail was a Pirate Argosy from Escape Velocity for only a second there…

Well, it's very clear we will never have a co-op space game where you play a band of roving Butt Pirates Slavers that go around kidnapping loli's. Why live?

To give Fdev some credit they've made the engineers hell of a lot less grindy since it launched.
Still grindy to unlock some of them but the recipes themselves are much easier to get together.

Anyone unsure about wanting to pay for Elite Dangerous I'd suggest waiting. Talk is they're going to retire the base game and just make Horizons the new base game. They're doing this for the PS4 Pro release as well.

It's the only sensible way they can go about it, otherwise you'd start splitting the playerbase even more.

makes sense, Horizons doesn't even add much anyway

Any implementation of crafting my little sister can think of would be a better idea than how FD did it. They slapped some tetrahedron of RNG together and called it a day. Then redditors and forumdads applauded them for it.

The game is only successful because it is the only one of its kind.

RPG? nah, would be better if they turned into a X3 game

What are you referring to?

What did you expect from a shit indie game?

in the launcher you can pick if you want 64x, 32x, and the solo and stuff

SHIT
forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/300054-Alien-archeology-and-other-mysteries-Thread-9-The-Canonn?p=5035146&viewfull=1#post5035146

FDev now says officially that the Alien Ruins are bugged, for Open play.

It's been that way for a while

Am i just blind then?

Pretty much

That shits been there since forever?

quoting some key things said:

Spent all day at the ruins, so that was what everyone was talking about. It was solo that was working correctly all the other ones in private/open were the bugged ones. Now just have to wait till the cg ends to find the next site.

actually he making it sound like we can find the other sites right now.

OH OH I know what you are talking about now. I haven't logged in today. When you said CG I thought you were talking about the Alien site mission.

Holy shit I feel retarded now

Lucky for me I decided to start the alien ruins mission yesterday, but it did held me back as I was just gonna plan on doing a little scanning then traveling 15kly in a random direction just to rank up my exploration. I haven't left yet, the ruins kept me busy.

I don't get the bitching about engineering after the first patch reduced every mat required to one. The entire point was something for end game players to fucking do and it's too grindy. It's a week or two's effort of casually playing to unlock/engineer your first ship. Fucking WoW has more of a grind. Once you have it unlocked and now that they've taken out any commodity requirement? It's a fucking joke that you can start and finish a ship from nothing in a evening. Then this whole bullshit with the 'rng' is also a bunch of bitching casuals. You get a good roll on anything in five rolls or less. If you can find two of any material you have enough for six rolls. The only fucking complaint I have at this point is the weapon special effects requiring me to call in a favor and throw mats out the window to get back to grade five, and thats a mild annoyance at best.

I could see the complaints with the original release of engineering but at this point? It's so easy even a mobius player can do it.

btw, if you want to solely collect data. Head to G Cluster in solo, there should be 4 active obelisks there. Scan them, it doesn't matter what items are in your hold, and exit to main menu and log back into Solo, rinse and repeat till your data is full

Yeah it's easy now. There's still a stupid about of RNG involved though.

stupid amount*

Also known as the "Paradox Syndrome".

Thanks for delivering, user.

Is there anything specific people should do for the 8th? I'm fucking around doing data deliveries but Im not sure that helps much.

Is the system still under Civil War?

It's in a Boom state right now.

Do trade missions, they're worth twice the normal value of influence.

Further more: elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Bulletin_Board

Here's what each mission type falls into the categories

SHIT, wait, what state is the Minor Faction under?

Boom.

yeah okay then my advice applies. Do trade missions.

Coriolis stations are the worst fucking shit but they are a great example of FDev design. They couldn't just give you a couple of arrows on the HUD to show which direction the entrance is, nooooo, that's not how we did things in 1999.

uh….

should I tell him?

I know there are supposed to be arrows. I don't see them on the hologram.

Can you see them on this? If not, are you legally blind?

Oh Jesus. Yea now I see them. I figured they'd be more than just little smudgy extrusions on the 3d model. It's still shit design.

No agreed, it's not intuitive, but you'll get used to it.

Whats the best Space game for simulating running an empire/space station/something?

Stellaris is mediocre but OK if you pirate, and Startopia is fun but simplistic.

There are also several other ways to tell where it is. For one the entrance is always on one of the faces going with the rotation, if it was a spinning cylinder the entrance is one of the two ends. Also if the station is nearby a planet or other gravitational body the entrance will always be facing towards it.

Here are some websites that can help too
eddb.io/ - Find commodities, station details, engineer materials on planets and anything trade related like trade routes and current market prices.
inara.cz/ - Fuckin everything you need, view and find stations and what ships and shit they stock, find the closest station with a ship you're looking for, all player factions in a list, detailed faction and system info, all current engineer recipes. To boot if you setup an account and and dump in what materials you have you can see what recipes you can craft without having to fly to the engineer in question, also you can enter in all your ships details, names and roles if you're an rp autist.
arkku.com/elite/hud_editor/ - find a colour scheme you like before messing with txt files.
edtools.ddns.net/ - Find the closest pristine metallic ringed system.
edcodex.info/?m=tools - Full list of known 3rd party tools and apps for E:D

Aurora 4x

X3 lets you be a Captain of Space Industry, if that's your thing.

play some more and you will get "we covet your empire shit" negative modifier.

wait for the space assholes arrival to the galaxy

also dont let the automation steal all the stuff you can do, like designing boarding ships whit only EMP guns and boarding ships to steal pirate tech.

How does Elite Dangerous compare to Frontier Elite?
Is it a similar feel? Or did they gut it?

Elite Dangerous is more comparable to Elite 1 than 2 or 3, but even then unfavorably.

Take Elite 1, add grind, combine it with Euro Truck Simulator 2, add grind, remove the scenery and the radio, add grind, remove the Elite 1 AI that would occasionally turn it's back on the player so the old British dudes could think they knew how to fight and feel good about themselves, add players who think of pvp combat in terms of "consensual" and "non-consensual" (I really wish I was fucking joking), add middle aged British fathers who don't understand why the game can't just be identical to Elite 1, add grind. Now take that, look for any kind of emergent gameplay or fun, and then surgically remove that fun. That's what Elite Dangerous is.

The PvP discussions on the official forums are the funniest shit. I thought the highsec people in EvE acted like carebears but the ED forumdads trump that.

Also their volunteer mods are very obiously there to defend any and all decisions Frontier makes. Not that they get much negative feedback to begin with.

RNG is still bullshit.

Let's start with mats for example. I want some Zinc, fair enough I'll go to a starport market and see if there are some for sale. Nope. Ok, they don't want it too readily avalaible. I will then maybe go to a mining outpost on a planet with Zinc on it, maybe buying it directly from the people extracting it on a remote planet is what they wanted me to do, to experience Horizon and all. Nope, can't even dock at them, just fuck their shit up. Well then the only way to get it is drive aimlessly shooting rocks that I can shoot in a travesty of "mining".

And now, even though I got what it takes for my upgrade, I'm not even sure of what I'll get, I'm at the mercy of the RNG. This got improved though.

These assholes develop systems that don't even use the game they made beforehand. Without a community outcry the only way to level an engineer would still be to "roll and scrap". The patch with the engineers came with a remade faction and mission system they don't even fucking use to rank up the engineers. It would have been perfect to run missions for them and get rep.

This all give the impression that FD has no ideas about how to develop a game. I can assure you the multi-crew fad will be a half-assed feature that won't work half the time.

Just wreaked Patterson Relay and the ship stationed there. Nevermind the second you go back in a new instance the base will be instantly repaired That should hit Wheemez Prison Colony's influence a bit.

It's funny how dedicated some of the community is to actually create emergent content like the exploration expeditions and faction and powerplay pvp despite everything Fdev has done to make that as difficult as possible.

So Endless DLC has had a new update.

fucking hell frontier

Clone race?

Yes, have been around since original Endless space.

k unless Amplitude is making people pay for the Horatio

Are there any light-hearted space games? Do they even exist? Also, has there been any update on that recommended space games chart? I've had this craving for space/sci-fi games for a while now and all I've played thus far is Elite Dangerous, Freelancer, and the X series.

They are partnered with SEGAY now. What do you think their DLC policy will be?

Go get Freespace 1 and 2
That's your next space game

So I've been having issues with UI in outfitting in ED, seems most of the UI was cut off from my screen so I decided to edit the FOV, the went back in to the game and now I couldn't see my LY range in outfitted since it was completely off screen.

Goddammit FDev, really? turns out editing the ini to give you better fov than the standard 60 fucks up the full screen UIs in the game. Nice fucking going. I can't play with a shitty 60 fov.

You'd think the UI would get smaller with higher fov but ti turns out it does the opposite in the outfitting UI. I thought it was my screen at first but nope, it was the game.

Stop trying to push this, we told you it was a fucking awful idea; every time the RTS one is posted it derails the entire thread into a discussion about why it's shit, we don't want the same to happen to space threads.

Vulture cockpit clips through your screen if you have multiple monitors. FDev gives no shits.

did they fix your character being incomplete? putting your fov too far and when you reach for stuff in the ship your shoulder is half missing.

As pointed out, it's a fucking godawful idea. I know I was the one that originally sketched one up and discovered how much of a terrible idea it was. Plus that Strategy Chart really killed the RTS threads so no, I am not going to upload it.

Nope, still headless, suppose to change in the next patch where you will be able to customize your cmdr

I also found a 70MB zip with a lot of homeworld designer art, anyone want it?

I would really like it user. To complete my collection.

Post it.

"Commander" has always been abbreviated as "CDR" in literally every Navy. It always triggers me whenever I see the wrong abbreviation used.

Please do, need something to take me off my triggered state.

Remove Taiidan

If you are looking for more this site is good, still up even though it's dead.
shipyards.relicnews.com/

They're British devs, what would they know?

You can get hung for getting the abbreviation wrong for a Naval rank in Britain. Or have your tea taken away, which to many is a fate worse in death

I visited that site daily back in the days, the relic forums too.

Too bad HW 3 will probably be a console shooter with no leaning and cinematic action.

ok, its going to take a while to upload it with my taco speed

yeah, i used to download a lot of hw pics there, i think i got this zip from the relicforums

For some reason whenever you used to mention Cataclysm a lot of people would get their panties in a twist over it declaring it non-canon. Especially if you saw the relic forums. To me those people were always massive faggots cause Cataclysm was good and demonstrates how much better the Homeworld 1 Engine really was over the Homeworld 2 Engine which was such a massive downgrade it was ridiculous Plus all that lore and world building could have lead to so much; especially the story about the Hiigarian widower who took an Assault Frigate, filled it full of widows and widowers and became a famous Bounty Hunter chasing down Taiidan War Criminals. So much could have been done with the Homeworld IP and universe beyond RTS.

That actually made me have to run to the bathroom cause sick came up at the thought. Fuck you user.

While on the topic of Homeworld, anyone played Desert of Kharak? Is it any good?

Sorry user. I remember reading on the relic forums that Homeworld 3 was about dealing with Karan who had become power-hungry and rampant because of the Eye of Aaran and her connection to Sajuuk.

Thanks, going to go check it out. It looks pretty cool and from what little I've heard it's great.

That bad? Well alright, forget I asked then.

That sounds like they recycled the original Homeworld 2 plot well one of them anyway where you were actually playing as the Vaygr who were rebelling against an oppressive Hiigarian Empire which had literally transformed into what the overthrown Taiidan Empire was.

ok finished uploading, here is the link no dolphin porn
https:// mega.nz/#!2sZhQCDb!UMYZnrRzXk4F9K_4G9kuTurwh2XsNGkbtFBso3JeQSk

Strictly speaking it is non-canon (or at least considered non-canon by fans) simply because Relic wasn't involved (in a similar sense that someone would consider Fallout 3 non-canon). But goddamn did everything about cataclysm kick ass.

Yeah, the Hiigarans were always assholes, they deserved their exile.

Wasn't this vaguely implied in the original, or was it just speculation?

Iirc it's from the manual I think I have it saved somewhere I'll post it if I find it.

Didn't members of Barking Dog split off and make Ironclad resulting in Sins of a Solar Empire?

Confirmed in HW2 that they basically tried to conquer the galaxy and bit off more than they could chew. Cataclysm also showed how arrogant a lot of the Kiith's were.

Found it.

They found the second core, until then only the bentusi had one, they used it to build a huge battleship named the Pride of Hiigara they then jumped above the Taiidan homeworld bypassing their defenses and bombed the shit out of it for days.

Then the Bentusi stepped in, told them to give up the Core, they acquiesced but tried to jew the Bentusi and were thoroughly defeated. The Bentusi pleaded for Exile instead of destruction and they smuggled the core with them to Kharak.

Bethesda Syndrome tbh, Bethesda fell into the "we have no competitors so fuck quality" rut earlier than Johan.

Here's HW1 manual too if anybody is interested.

Its canon in my heart

Back in the days we had real manual.

Not to mention the slick 60s space age cover.

Is there an official Holla Forums or atleast not normalfag fleet in STO?

Buying the gold edition with best faction cover was worth it

I'd join

Got any examples for the forum discussions?
I could use some keks.

Join the Holla Forums chat channel that exists and is only semi-dead when an event is not happening.
Fed fleet has maximum holdings that are not the new one, KDF fleet needs work on everything. Both are in armadas.

what's the name of the channel?

Holla Forums

thanks

For a developer that relies on people buying their shit instead of a monthly sub, FDev sure doesn't seem to give a fuck about the community.

If you are a lore nerd then you are going to hate it.
Why? Because if you read the original lore texts that came with Homeworld 1, then you will be surprized by how a faction that was said to have been taken down several pegs couple of hundred years earlier and been taken in threat level down to the level of Somali pirates, could suddenly have large armies, advanced hover crafts and become a major threat for the other Kiith.

As for the gameplay, it's not half bad, the sand crawler you get has some sorta power distribution mini game going for it, so most of the time you cant put all energy on everything because over heating, then you got the little ground vehicles that you can either build or scavenge or capture.

So, from gameplay perspective id say it's ok, although if you yearn for more 3D gameplay then you should stick with the earlier Homeworlds.
And from the story perspective, if you love the lore very much and consider any deviation from it to be heresy which should be rectified with burning the perpetrators at a stake, then don't touch this.

Oh and also it was pretty demanding on my rig, had to crank it down in graphics department to lowest i think before it started playing without any hick ups or crashes.

They have a fucking KICKSTARTER for a game THEY LICENSED.
They have microtransactions and season which you can buy. HOW DO THEY NOT HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO FUND THEIR SHITTY RPG?
Here's an idea: DON'T DEVELOP A GAME YOU CAN'T FUCKING FUND! How about that?
How shameless can you be? Take out a loan at a bank you scum, instead of exploiting your retarded fansbase for 0% interest rate!
I'm fucking pissed!

Wait, wasn't the Hiigaran super ship called " The wrath of Sajuuk"?

Even implementing the micro transaction stuff took them forever.

They do give a fuck and listen to the community a lot
but only on the forums

frontier.co.uk/docs/files/Frontier Developments Annual Report 2015.pdf
Fdev are making a profit on E:D what are you on about.

That too.
When horizons first came out I thought: "Wow, up until now they've been updating and adding pretty fast. In two to four years this could be pretty good!"
How foolish I was. Since horizons came out their updates were almost exclusively bug fixes (or at least attempts at them). The stuff they added is so little and so insignificant, it's shocking.
How do they plan to have "seasons" when their first season barely added shit? They're very obviously trying to milk the game for what it's worth right now, seeing how they want OTHERS to fund an RPG to make them more dosh. That and of course the fucking MICROTRANSACTIONS are indicators for this, Seriously, bobbleheads and laser colors? Are you shitting me?
THIS IS WHAT YOU'RE WASTING YOUR DEVTIME ON??

Forumdads have been clamoring for bobbleheads since day 1, to be fair.

It's a perfect storm of a blithe community with no standards and a developer who, apparently, gave up halfway through development. The only properly implemented feature of the game is basically the cockpit. JUST the cockpit too since as the other user mentioned the pilot model is still bugged.

No shit, retard. That's my whole fucking point!
Do you lack eyes or brain?

It's exactly like you say but the fact that some retards on the forum have been clamoring for retarded bobbleheads doesn't make it any better. The fact that such morons then pay for in-game items with real money is beyond ridiculous.

Okay, am I retarded (Don't answer that, yes I am) or is there no way to get more missions for the minor faction you want to help out? I can't access many of the missions for the 8th but the game also won't give me new ones.

if they could make it like PULSAR: lost colony in a universe like homeworld cataclysm or homeworld 2 it would be fucking awesome

Is that some reddit meme I don't understand? Mind explaining?

I believe it's time depended. After some time passes, new missions will be available.

No, it's just a really goddamn fucking long distance from the main star. The farthest I've seen yet but I hear there are worse stations.

I probably read that the wrong way. Why is a company not allowed to make money off their products?
And on the cosmetics they're supposed to be something for the art team to do when they don't have anything else to do. I have no other excuses for Fdev taking so long to develop besides they're probably coding themselves into a lot of corners if the amount of bugs that most new features at launch have are anything to go by.

Try Hutton orbital
elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Alpha_Centauri/Hutton_Orbital

It's a station that's literally 30mins of real time to get there as says people go there to buy rare goods or do transport missions.

← trip in a nutshell

Frame shift drives supposedly lock to large gravitational bodies the station was built a autistic 30 mins away for that gravitational body

Oh, I didn't look at the distance. Fuck me I hate it when that happens.
I would understand things being far if there was no human life there. That means there'd be no nav beacon. So tell me, why the fuck don't the have a nav beacon next to the station? That way I wouldn't have to cruise for 20 minutes to get to a goddamn station to refuel or whatever.
Why was the station built so afr away, I just don't understand.

That's the problem, user. They make a profit and instead of using that to fund their shitty outsourced project, why do they launch a kickstarter? It makes no sense. A company shouldn't just make profits for profit's sake. The profit should be used to expand the company, fund new projects and increase the pay of the employees. Money for money's sake is pure greed.

They kickstart thing because they can. If major companies could get away with it, they'd do it too.

Fuck, I can see EA going "Whelp, looks like we don't have enough people interested in Mass Effect 26 buuuuut if we get 20 million in this Kickstarter it might still happen goys! :^)" and retards actually going for it.

They launched a kickstarter because they had just split from existing publishers, like Atari which they used to make Roller Coaster Tycoon games for, to become self publishing, they needed that first leg up to get started as their own separate company and kickstarter provided.
Now the money made from E:D has let them develop other games with the latest being Planet Coaster and expand the company as you just said they should.

Hey, space thread, do you know some good space games to play on emulators? Found "Star Luster" and its well fucking made for its age.

I am sitting on linux currently, so i decided to ask, since my options are pretty limited.

Wheemez is kind of a shit system, smh tbh fam.

Well, not Wheemez itself but the surrounding systems.

Fdev really haven't figured out how high to set the data and material cgs so far. Sucks since it's 2am and I'll have no time to go and get enough data for more then 100% before it finishes.

Hello Reddit!

That's a nice color scheme.

We do have a klingon fleet too, but it's so horrendously underpopulated that it doesnt have even half of the stuff our feddie fleet has.

So Holla Forums I liked the first X game. At least for the first few hours then had to stop because it was just to tedious on start. Is there a mod or something that gets you going faster? I don't mind my vidya slow but being a space jew while burning your shields down just to go slightly faster to trade bothered me.

Also is there another spece vidya that can run on toasters and is relatively quick (for space vidya) to get going? Also posting some screenshots an user spammed a bunch of during a Space Engine thread a few years ago. It's better I do this now in case my computer decides to blow its brains out and have them lost likely forever.

Escape Velocity: Nova

Downloaded Star Citizen today for the first time in years today to see how it's going.
Aside from performance issues, it's functional, but incredibly boring.
Paid the $40 or whatever back in 2012 when I was younger and stupider, glad I didn't pay more.

Does anyone wish they'd stick a jpeg of a nebula or galaxy or something into the background of space games?
I get that it being a huge black void is realistic, but it adds some uniqueness, colour, and orientation to a given system.

I have to commend Frontier on this, the stars you see correllate with the actual stars on the map. Any nebula you see, you can actually fly to.

fuck off. It wasnt that long ago.

now we know why its online only, cant sell that shit if someone can mod it in

That is maybe the most autistic shit I have seen in a while user.

I would post most of the blame towards to community.

Then there's the guy that goes against micro transactions that's gets jumped by most and they say shit like "it's to support fdev!" They have no problem selling this shit to them especially when they have a community filled with dads who have spare income to milk them.

Also, the online only shit is most likely fdev paranoia against pirates since even fucking planet coaster came out with denuvo.

Wait. They made use of denuvo? Good to know. They're dead to me then. Made the final decision easy.

Nah, the online is for the BGS, which is probably some excel worksheet somewhere and an upaid intern who moves numbers around in the morning.

It's sad the war/war score system is so fucked because going by the new dev diaties they'll turn Stellaris into a autistic genocide simulator soon.

For what it's worth, ship naming was a kickstarter promise. Sure as hell not going to pay for it. Anyway, the big fucking problem with the initial game was that shit didn't get fixed. Wings problems persisted into horizons, network bugs, cargo bugs, so many fucking bugs that it could be host to a starship troopers film. Instead of fixing these bugs, they'd move onto the next big patch. Horizons they've slowed down and fixed alot of shit. It's not as exciting or interesting to people looking at it from a distance but if you play the game I am very much fucking into the idea of them fixing things then adding more broken shit.

Anyone tried Vendetta Online with some VR? I know the core game is bland but I just want VR MMO with spess.

I kinda want to them to not do one of the patches that add features but add a fucking network patch, one where they stop using p2p connection and get proper mmo servers. That shit would also fix combatlogging but the shitstorms that come with it will also be gone sadly.

Is the first Endless Space any good?

It's mediocre, as late-game gets boring and there's a definite formula to curbstomp everyone. However, Endless Legend is 11/10 & ES2 looks great too.

I liked it, doesn't mean that you are going to like it.
The combat is the part that tends to break the game for most people.
Not in conventional, game crashing way, i mean as in folks dislike the combat aspect in general.
The combat works like this, during combat there are 3 engagement turns, during which the ships shoot at each other, they will also keep on moving closer to each other so the first turn is going to be a long range turn and the last one is close range turn, different types and sizes of weapons work better or worse according to range, all the control you have over ships is prior to battle when you select what sorta action cards they will use, which work as this sorta power up/ rock, paper, scissors sorta thing where some cards block others and/or perform better against other cards, both you and enemy get to use them.
Also you get to select whether the big strong ships take point or spread out a bit and whether to shoot at the enemy fleets first ship and then second and so forth, 1/rd of the fleet at a time or at the whole fleet in spread fire.
During battle you can still choose what cards to use or just watch the battle go.

Thanks for the responses. I like the way Endless 2 looks so thought I should play the previous games before but I don't know.

There is some kind of overarching story if you give a shit about that sort of thing but it really only kicks off in EL. If you're going to play any Endless game, start with Endless Legend or Endless Space, it doesn't really matter. Endless Legend is a bit more fun though.

What? Kickstarter was created in October 2012.
kickstarter.com/projects/cig/star-citizen

Mah nigga
My dad and I played the fuck out of Ascendancy

Have you read the patch notes at all? They've fixed a shitton of networking issues.

Unless they switch to a sub model that won't happen. What's interesting though is the game is a hybrid of peer to peer, when you're playing with another person a lot of the data goes to frontier's first then back to the other player. Stuff like ship movement and gunfire is sent straight to each player in the instance.
Their latest Livestream talked about some of this, of you don't want to watch it I can dump a summary.
youtu.be/YGqndJFKOfA

Where can I get more of those shipfus?

This is the only other one I have
I need to see if the artist made any more. They don't have a tumblr or anything so wish me luck.

Think his argument stands, reddit is here.

Since when has the entirety of Holla Forums ever done anything together, with no one doing their own thing. When we do Planetside we still have people playing NC/VS. Not everyone flies for the Empire in Elite Dangerous. We do what we want.

I have been in both fleets since before fleet holdings were a thing, we were never exclusively KDF.

Objects in Space has a promising premise: making space combat more like submarine combat.

Unfortunately the programmer recently went full tranny, and seems more interested in chopping off his dongery-doo than finishing the game…

He should concentrate in finishing the game, then he can do what ever he wants with his feminine dick

It was never going to be a good game. All they put out is rushed, repetitive, ripoff garbage.

what more do you want?

Im not into futa mechs

I'm honored and ashamed.

Halo's got some cool spaceship designs and really cool space battles in the novels

A Sins of a Solar Empire style real time tactics game would be pretty sweet for a Halo space strategy vidya. Not sure how it would work on consoles though with a fucking controller. It would probably be Microsoft phone and Surface exclusive and use touch controls or some shit.

There is none which sucks a whole fucking lot BUT there's a pretty good mod for Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion that does a fucking great job of it. I suggest you play it to scratch that itch.

I think there was also a Halo mod for Empire at War but I can't recall if it's dead or not. There was also an X3 mod for Halo but it's well dead iirc.

This is also meant for you.

Sins of the prophets looks cool but i'm still miffed on them reneging on their promise to open source their models once the mod is finished.

there are two Empire at War mods, one with space battles the other with ground combat.
moddb.com/mods/halo-covenant-at-war
The space skirmish one

moddb.com/mods/halo-campaign-commander2
Land skirmish mod

But, spaceships aren't submarines.
Unlike subs, spaceships can move fast, have no friction from their surroundings, don't need to worry about pressure on the hull and most pressingly, you can use sensors to accurately tell you everything that is going on around you at all times.

building things in this game is so much fun but then you have nothing to use the ships you built for because MP doesn't work and there are no goals in any of the game modes just fucking kill me right now

That's actually false, when the game launched you could make a KDF toon but they later changed it cause they didn't have enough content to level up KDF first level 5 Fed to unlock then 20 when it approached F2P and KDF only had the following to level themselves up - PvP and shitty encounters. There was a batch of Holla Forums anons that did play KDF soley when the game launched and then stuck with KDF only cause they hated Fed players so much they made their lives miserable at every opportunity. Notable acts included having glitched toons due to their age cause they had them before pre requirments which let them have LvL 40 Ships at lvl 15 So when they reached CDR PvP they brought in Klingon Carriers which cause massive butthurt and hilarity from Fed players who didn't know the ship was also scaled down as well as found ways to attack and kill Fed toons in open hubs, they even manage to attack and board Earth Spacedock and went around killing all the NPC's so Feds couldn't do missions. They hated Feds that much and rightfully so.

If I recall the fleet was called Klingon Customs and Excise or something like that. Don't think they are still around unfortunately.

Get a load of this faggot

I was gonna mock your "I act retarded on purpose to mock other retards" for your lack of self awareness.
But you got trips, so instead I'll remind you that Toon Town is never coming back.

I would rather you just mocked me.

I am happy with unmodified X3TC.

Terran conflict is great. Best version of X3 imo

Albion Prelude doesn't have the Torus. So TC all the way.

The Klingon fleet was most likely dead due to lack of content compared to feds by the time the game went free, and the new KDF fleet from around the F2P launch is also dead despite my attempts to get people fucking in it.

Holy fuck this game is so great. Planet scanning, planet landing, dialogue system with ayylmaos, tons of complexity and all that on fucking sega genesis.

Shit like that ship is one of the reasons I hate STO and really any mmo that does this. I just wanted to be a spaceship captain tooling around the universe doing space ship captain things in a universe full of other space ship captains. However STO decides that everyone is a special snowflake and only they can save the entire universe from ridge headed badguy #3814895 in their glowing half assimilated space snowflake. Is it really so much to ask a game to not destroy its aesthetics with stupid shit? I guess I should be asking that question to the players who do that shit and name themselves things like Memelord9001. Nothing kills the atmosphere of a game faster for me.

Just ignore everyone else.

Yeah, the "Star Trek" feel for me pretty much died when they started letting people buy Suliban and Tholian starships. Humans wouldn't even fucking survive on a Tholian ship!

Fucking Ferengi.

Has anyone tried this game?
Is it any good?

this
I wish SE had some kind of plot or at least random space stations you could take quests at.
Maybe random events like stranded ships you could help (or plunder)
Just something resembling a goal, sadly I'm not autistic enough to provide one for myself

But it perfectly resembles the future of star trek universe.
The Ferengi are gonna ferengi everyone, somehow get their grubby little hands on demigod built ships and sell them in a store for exorbitant amount of anal beads.

This brings me back. Also try its illigitimate child, Protostar.

We got a for now cancer free temporary serb over in the SS13 thread, so help yourself faggots.

Fdev what the fuck

no thank you.

No, you're suppose to only have 13 of them the others are bugged and they were suppose to appear in the other ruins which are yet to be found.

That's an even more impressive fuck up

The thread is sinking and the vols are asleep post space lewds!

YOU ARE IN VIOLATION OF IMPERIAL LAW
300 CREDIT FINE

YOU CAN'T STOP ME
I HAVE A 5000 BOUNTY IN…2 SYSTEMS

thanks for reminding me that I have a 400 Cr Fine in Wheemez for accidentally crashing and spinning wildly inside of the station after I did a poor job aiming for the mail slot while boosting out

I'm hostile in the Empire.

It's fdev, they haven't not fucked up since launch.

That would be fine if Fdev actually said this earlier instead of wasting everyones time and maybe you know
GIVE US A WAY TO FIND THE OTHERS?
cause right now there are a bunch of poor souls flying in normal cruise over planet surfaces trying to find the other sites.

If you waste time in their shitty game then they can show forumdads steam stats so they can shill it even harder than Pecisk.

I don't think Fdev are smart enough to do that, it's more likely incompetence

Are there any clues at all about the other sites?
Pictures or trailers showing them and such.

there's the one rift but that's just other sites
it's basically just "Go to every fucking planet and search under every stone

Nope the trailer was the only clue and I don't think Fdev even intended for it to result in it being found as quickly as it did. They found it by triangulating the sky around the ruins in the trailer which being a method outside the game was probably unintended.
Would explain why everything is broken and we have no other clues as Fdev have had to speed everything up at the cost of actually bug testing their god damn game.

Not even the cannon autist can't find the next site, we will have to wait until thursday for fdev to drop some hints since that was what the weekend CG was for.

Nah, FD has been offloading their story and arcs to Reddit for a while now, so they don't have to develop an actual story in the game itself.

you mean the forums.

The one rift?

Another possibility would be to crack the games map data and look for the structures in game resources.
It would basically be a big data base of planets and seeds for generating their surfaces after all. But stuff like the sites would require special buildings be placed on such a generic planet, so it should be possible to find when searching through the list of planets and whats on them.
That stuff is most likely encrypted though, so it won't be easy.

Its of course also entirely possible that Fdev planned on stretching the delivery of this content over a long period, and they simply haven't added the other sites then.

Whatever, it's the same groups of fun-hating dads.

it's entirely possible it isn't even in the game, since one person i heard said the first site wasn't even in the game until a while ago

The subreddit is a lot less fun-hating then the forums. It also has a much lower population which is why it gets barely any attention from Fdev compared to the forums.

Can confirm, it disbanded pretty much before the game went F2P and assets were shipped to numerous sub fleets which were used as essentially personal storage for the anons who were left. Those same anons stuck together till their numbers dwindled down to zero by time Romulans were released, now there's none left. Shame cause the players were actually insanely good, doing STF Elite's grounds in 5 minutes playing it as if they were a bunch of Serbs that considered Borg Kebab and dominating a lot of PvP, especially the competitive low level scene since Cryptic had fucked up high level PvP with "lulz" tanking which meant a person who had at least half a braincell could make a Raptor/Escort Tank 5 ships at once.
I have no idea what was Cryptic's thinking but their policy for 'balance' was to "Buff Tac, Nerf Everything Else!" to the point the game got called Tacticals Online

I miss when Elite STFs even existed, now I'll never get my shiny elite armor

I miss old STO.

How is STO anyways?

I haven't played since 2012 so I can't really help you there.

It went to shit so bad when they kept pushing and pushing the cock boxes. When they started pushing more and more grind and making balance about who had the biggest stick it was only a matter of time till people got sick of it and left. Romulans were pretty much the final straw since the amount of broken unbalanced shit that was introduced destroyed the last bit of competitive PvP the levels 10-40 stuff which was the only stuff that was balanced at least for Space Battles anyway.

It's pretty much as I said above a Gook Tier Grindfest with P2W lockbox spam. It's actually no worse or no better than the average F2P MMO on the market these days but a lot of the fun and good stuff died out years ago.

It's okay, space gameplay revolves around weapon arcs, bridge crew skills, and fighting on a flat plane to simulate how fights in the shows/movies were, bridge crew slots are dependent on the ship you use, and the rank of the slot determines the amount/rank of skills each bridge officer can use (ensign is 1 ensign rank skill, commander is 4 skills, 1 for each rank). Ground combat is mostly run around and shoot, though there are some melee weapons and some races are better at melee than others, hand to hand is a completely viable weapon against Borg drones. you can slot kit frames which now just grant their passive bonus as you used to need to slot modules into them, and before they had slots you could only use specific sets of pre-determined kit/module combos, now kit modules can be slotted independently from the frame with no more slot types like tactical or assault on tactical captains. You get to bring up to 4 bridge officers with you on away team missions (ground combat), while you can have two weapons equipped, your officers only get 1 weapon each, but have 4 ground skills in similar fashion to space. As said, it has a lot of shitty gambling stuff but you don't need to pay money as people often buy keys to the shitty gambling boxes and sell them for EC, you can also obtain store currency to buy a key by trading dilithium for said currency at a constantly changing exchange rate. They often give away store items for free, some of them even store ships which you will be able to own and reclaim freely forever.

Atmospheric landing when? I always wanted to see how those worlds actually look like.

I guess like any korean grindfest the game should be fun for the first 20 levels.

Next season is going to be either Atmospheric landings or Space legs (walk around stations + inside,outside spacecraft) Season 2 should end with 2.4 which is being released along with the ps4 port in the first half of this year.
Just so you know Ammonia worlds are where Thargoids come from.

Your captain a shit.

I wonder whether you'll need to buy Horizons to even begin using the next season or not.
If they're trying to milk their fans, at least give us an option to pick which teat is being milked.

Who am I kidding you'll have to buy the base game + Horizons + the new Season which won't drop in price for at least a year.

nah, they pretty much said that horizons will become part of the base game when the next season comes out.

Dose that mean if you wait for the new season you'll get the next season for free or will only new buyers get it combined.

Wait no it's 2.3 with the ps4 release and 2.4 after.
So much for the one season a year thing they planned for.

Next lockbox is gonna have some WoK era loot in it, including pulse phasers!

arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10366523

you linked the wrong page faget
arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10361233-the-undiscovered-lockbox

Mea culpa.

Yea, that doesn't seem right.

They are going to combine Horizons in some form. No way are they gonna manage 3 versions of the game and split the community up more.
We just have to wait and see which way it'll go.

It's uncertain whether the new one due out from Stardock this year will truly recapture the spirit of the glorious Star Control 2, but there are some promising signs; the new engine looks great, and they've hired the composer who did most of the music in SC2…

Looks cool.
But i bet it's going to end up the same way the new Master of Orion ended up.
Looking and playing good but fans dislike it due to it lacking something the original had.

Considering recent Stardock, wouldn't be surprised if they make an alpha, sell it at full price, forget about it, then release the same game again at full price with all the content it should have came with.

No thanks.

Here, have some delicious pocket nuke autocannon engineering:
childrenofadeadearth.com/
childrenofadeadearth.wordpress.com/

We have more sites, although only systems so far
community.elitedangerous.com/en/galnet/uid/58872def9657ba9230f89d99

People on the ED forums are honestly arguing that looking at witch space constitutes gameplay.

Can't make that shit up.

more at 10

Bout time, now just to wait until the autist map out the areas.

I think they'll do what blizzard does with WoW, like how Burning Crusade became part of the base game when The Lich King expansion came out, so I"m sure if you don't buy horizons then you'll get it for free when the new season comes out.

How far down the pages should we slip before we make the next thread?

Page 13 and the next thread is going to be called Skimpy space suit edition because I made a promise too

Check your galnet alien relic hunters.

According to some guy on FD's forum, there is gaping hole in the BGS that can easily be exploited.

Does anyone still belive the BGS really exist? Wouldn't surprise me if it was finally revealed it wa some shitty excel worksheet in the background.

You can crash a controlling factions influence via selling items at a loss one at a time in large amounts. Conversely you can do the same by selling items at a profit, one at a time to gain with the controling system. This doesn't help the takeover of Wheemz as we are already out influence the controlling faction and just need to hit 60% to start a civil war and or election.

I will start making the new thread now

If it's not there when I return from my sad panda trip I'll make it.

Did you fall a sleep or something?
New thread here

No Holla Forums wouldn't let me post again for the 40th time

Hot to ruin a thread in one image.