Dark reboots of lighthearted series

What's the Vyda game equivalent of Power Rangers 2017?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Rangers_(film)
comicbook.com/2016/12/11/power-rangers-is-lord-zedd-in-the-movie-/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bomberman Act Zero.

Good pick

Holy fuck this world is weird.
As to answer your question OP, the new DMC.

FUCK YOU

THINk there faggots on Holla Forums that thought hollywood wouldn't be dumb enough to do a edgy dark serious power rangers reboot. After Sony Cisbusters

Just because it's a good game at least X is doesn't mean that it isn't still an example of this. And then they did it even harder again with Zero.

They never say people die or show people dying. And even then, it's the tone that we're talking about, not the plot. Plenty of "lighthearted" plots can become dark when you ignore the tone and think about the repercussions and implications of things. See: Mario Lore.

Also, the darkest part of original Mega Man is that his canon ending is that he's reprogrammed by Wily and sent back to kill his past self, fails, is abandoned by Wily, and then goes back again and forces his own past self to team up with Bass to finally kill him and put him out of his misery.

But even that game doesn't have the dark and edgy tone that X and Zero try to have. Legends has a dark as fuck backstory too, but the tone doesn't at all reflect it.

>you will never rid the world of kikes reploids

Its not edgy like the short, just a shitty reboot choke full of CGI and shit jokes.

never forgetti

The first trailer Is suppose to be closer in tone to the actual movie.

Dante before 4 was pretty edgy. Just not URGH SO DARK BLACK METAL BLOOD AND FUCK YOU.

Zero wasn't that edgy

Why did Hudson think this was a good idea? I know they were in the shitter 7 ways from sunday for more than a decade at that point couldn't they see how popular mr.driller was and make another cute-ish game? The same goes for Adventure Island. Kirby is still crazy popular despite having a cute art style with a very small pixelcount playable character. Was it so hard to bring back that series with much the same? Fucking failures they deserve what they got in the end with those poor decisions.

The edgiest he got was in DMC1 and 2 probably.

Yeah exactly, but not as edgy as the "reboot" with Donte.

Of course, as you mentioned, he didn't take himself seriously, well DMC2 Dante was just there but still.

Hudson was on life support by mid-2000 anyways, Konami just finished the job.

some of the fighting itself looked alright but the megazord and bad guy designs are fucking terrible

DMC2 dante wasn't so bad.

I'm sure you hold up the darkness of Sanic too.

Canonically, Eggman only wants to take over the world because the anti-intellectual McCarthyite world government of the 1950s killed an entire space station full of scientists and their families, despite these scientists' main focus being inventing a cure for a disease that was a stand in for AIDS, and their secondary focus being their successful attempt to save the world from aliens. Among the dead was a young girl who happened to be Eggman's AIDS ridden cousin (or maybe it was his sister, they're not clear), and their heroic grandfather, chiefly responsible for saving the world from aliens, was imprisoned and driven to madness. This same world government is still in power today. They don't even hide their militaristic intentions, being called GUN (the Guardian Units of Nations), and they override individual nations like the United Federation and Soleanna.

Eggman only wants to overthrow a tyrannical worldwide military, and replace it with a giant theme park (which is actually what he does when he succeeds in conquering a continent in Sonic Unleashed, and then he makes his own theme park country in space in Colors). He just wants to do away with the darkness in the world and make things fun and light.

Sonic canonically doesn't care about any of this. His theme song, sung from his point of view, proudly proclaims "It doesn't matter who is wrong and who is right." He's just a reactionary enforcing the status quo without thinking about why.

Eggman literally did nothing wrong.

Also Chaos genocided Knuckles' civilization. So there's that.

Citation seriously needed. As if Megaman dies because he gets killed by Megaman.

There has never been a more rags to riches then back again story in the videogame industry as hudson. If you ever looked in to the history it goes a little like this:

That actually looks fucking awesome.

You're thinking of the wrong one

that looks bad, but I'm sure the actual concept is a terrible one… I could see 1st person shooter megaman that worked a bit like metroid prime..

I forgot the part about the Bee and Hu cards. Lots of companies adopted the patent from Hudson and they were essentially giant SD cards from the 80s. You see lots and lots of japanese names on these and Hudson made some money off of each.

Mega Man II (Rockman World 2) on Game Boy and Mega Man & Bass: Challenger from the Future on WonderSwan.

Of course, this is Mega Man. The story isn't exactly made explicit. Rockman World 2 tells you nothing of the story outside of the manual, and the bit about the special robot from that game, Quint, actually being Mega Man from the future, was cut out of the American "localization." Americans wouldn't find out until Mega Man & Bass 1 was released on Game Boy Advance over a decade later and included a profile on Quint that briefly mentioned that he's the future Mega Man.

The actual story is that in the future, Wily has legitimately reformed, but present Wily goes to the future, disguises himself as his good future self, and tricks Mega Man so he can reprogram him into the evil Quint and send him back in time to kill present Mega Man.

In Mega Man & Bass: Challenger from the Future (the very last Mega Man classic game until 9 and 10), the mysterious Mega Man Shadow (or Rockman Shadow, the game was never officially translated) appears and starts wrecking shit. So Mega Man goes to fight him and Bass is also sent by Wily because Wily figures Shadow could be a threat. When you confront him, he explains that after being defeated as Quint, he was abandoned by Wily and upgraded himself. If you're Mega Man, he says that even in the future Wily still tries to conquer the world with robots, so he came back in time to destroy all robots in the past and stop that problem. If you're Bass, he invites you to team up with him and take over the world. When you defeat him, he reveals that he was lying about his motivations. Even after being defeated and abandoned, he was still mad and wanted to take over the world, which he knew was wrong, but he couldn't stop himself, and neither could anyone else, so he came back in time to get his past self and Bass to kill him, and also to teach them lessons about not falling to the dark side, and how being a weapon for Wily is ultimately fruitless. So Bass lets Mega Man just go home without a fight, and we see Rockman Shadow's soul or something leave his body, indicating that he is really for real dead this time.

So this means that not only does Mega Man end up having to kill himself, and not only does Mega Man get defeated by Wily, turned to evil, and then forced to force himself to kill himself, but also, Bass does get a happy ending, because he actually does get to kill Mega Man (or at least help Mega Man kill Mega Man). Also, future Wily does actually become a good guy, since Rockman Shadow's initial backstory turns out to be a lie.

Go back to wearing women's clothes, Sima Yi.

If Wily ends up a good guy then all of the X series makes zero sense unless it's completely separated from the Megaman series. Why the hell is this shit so dark?

Wily must have become a good guy after he does the shit that is relevant to the X series.

But Wily reappears in the Zero series to be an asshole again.

Wait I must be thinking of Dr. Weil

Funny you should mention that, since Retro Studios was developing it

To be fair, all Megaman series are dark as fuck.
Legends has so many people that want to trigger an extinction level event in a world where mankind killed itself off, X eventually becomes a post apocalyptic world, XOver being XOver and even worse at the time it was.

This is the new Megazord for Power Rangers 2017.
It's shit.

lmao you can't be serious. I know about 90 to 190 different mecha artists in japan that could do better. I've seen better ones in hentai doujin. This is priceless, hollywood jews areally are starving for inventiveness anymore.

Yeah. Who thought making Goldar into a gold blob melting monster was a good idea?

Not sure how anyone is positive that this movie. was a good idea. I see people highly anticipating it but all I'm seeing is another terrible movie. Makes Ivan Ooze design seems like genius compared to these over-designed rangers.

Just wait for all the terrible american anime movies to come out like Ghost in the Shell and Death Note. Attack on Titan might be up for it as well. They should leave the live action butchering of anime and manga to the nips.

What's the video game equivalent of you making this thread multiple times already in the past 6 months?

Guitar Hero, Call of Duty, Madden.

I saw a test screening of GitS and it was pretty bad, feel free to ask me questions about its plot.

I have a question
How could Kitano be part of that jewish travesty

I like it.

He was byfar the best part of the movie and I'd imagine it's just a job for him. Plenty of great actors have been cast in dogshit movies before (and I'm sure he has too but I've only seen a couple movies with him). His presence made the movie's idea of Japanese people seem particularly weird since he was the only important character that actually spoke Japanese. I get that the major is supposed to have the body of a Caucasian woman but I don't get why the rest of the squad would all be American (and someone got genderbent into a britbong arab chick). Even the side characters are all American and no one puts any effort into properly pronouncing Japanese words/names when they become relevant. Interestingly on the questionnaire they gave out at the end they asked if the audience members thought the movie was "too foreign" (as well as some shit like "too much science fiction," and if the primary reason they came to see it was because of Scarlett Johannson).

Thanks America

Crash Retold

Crash Retold isn't as dark as what happened to the series in real life.

Is Brendan Fraser's George of the Jungle the only good live action movie based of anything animated?

To the people ITT complaining about the design, remember that the new Super Sentai was designed with the help of some of the guys who worked with Power Rangers to designs the new team's suit. It's not like the west is really bad, it's just that this is hollywood garbage. In some instances power rangers have done better than Super Sentai, like SPD and RPM.

I played through all DmC and Donte wasn't all that bad since he mostly doesn't talk and when he do he just insults. There were 2 instances where I lost all respect for him, that emo pic where he pierces through his chest and screams like a bitch, and the famous "Fuck you". In the first case, how can you be so fucking gay in a single image? They show you pics of him surrounded by angels naked, hell, I thought that was pretty cool, but then that image ruined everything. And I just noticed the gay ass graffiti.

You think Tameem will ever look back on this as his chuuni years?

There's also Brendan Fraser's Dudley Do-Right.

Thank you goys, I hope you enjoy the movie as I will enjoy your donation to Israel.

Fixed

Wasn't that one shit in comparison to George of the Jungle?

Funny thing is the Japanese version of Power Ranger is kinda dark and gritty (people get killed, green ranger dies).

Might not be a masterpiece but I thought it got an undeserved bad rep.

Also, The Flintstones with John Goodman is pretty much the best casting you could ever get, even if I do think Rick Moranis and Rosie O'Donnell were odd choices for the Rubbles.

I know I'll get flack for this but I think the two theatrical Scooby Doo movies are also pretty good. I know some people might get turned off by having a few more adult jokes, but I didn't think they took it too far. Just enough to be self referential without being disrespectful.

lol

Well, this movie looks like it's bleeding money compared to the Jew friendly Power Ranger that even recycle everything to be as low budget as possible. The only instance this wasn't true was probably in the original Power Rangers Movie, and even then some of the stuff there is recycle as well.

Not really, only because people die doesn't mean it's Dark and Gritty. It only shows that you can tell a fucking good story without being dark and gritty, actually. Check Kamen Rider Ex-Aid, or Kamen Rider in general.

How does downloading BDrip form torrent tracker benefit israel?

It's still propaganda.

Propaganda of what? Cyber ninja kids?

It was still dark for a sentai show, but you're pretty much right.

Most of it is pretty dark and gritty, but I aren't the spin-offs supposed to be hokey and light-hearted?

The jew's ultimate weapon.

You're right either way. Wily is still alive and kicking inside the Virus in the X series.

The virus would just be a copy of his mind or whatever, wouldn't it? That copy could have been created earlier than Quint.

The jew fears the samurai. Everyone knows ninja and samurai are natural enemies.

I guess that's true. It seems to be really him, though. The one in the Virus is batshit insane and totally obsessed with X and Zero. He builds Sigma's body he uses in the final fight of X5.

This movie is still Jew-friendly. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Rangers_(film)

How edgy will they make Lord Zedd look in the reboot?

A copy of his mind would effectively be the real him. Most stories where someone copies their mind into a computer to survive past their body don't acknowledge that it's a copy, even though it's always implicit. Lex Luthor has been a copy of his own mind in a clone body since the early '90s. And Professor X since probably earlier.

I wonder if he set it up so the old body would expire intentionally, or if he left the copy as a phylactery that wouldn't kick in until his body died naturally.

Fuck, maybe that's what happened when Zero went nuts in X4. It wasn't Wily taking control, it was Wily waking up.

ell, can say the same about the Rocky and Bullwinkle movie. It tried to capture that feel, but it ultimately failed. The George of the Jungle movie did that and more.

I think you misunderstand what Dark and Gritty means.

I mean that it looks like there's way too much money invested on it for being jew. It have everything original, and Saban never ever do anything original, they always have to recycle and rip-off something. It's all suspicious, really.

user, it's pronounced NinJA, not NinJEW. Now JEWjitsu, that's a whole other thing.

There was an article about it comicbook.com/2016/12/11/power-rangers-is-lord-zedd-in-the-movie-/
Basically, Goldar is the only one that can retrieve the crystal. Still, it doesn't sound like it will be too good for Lord Zedd either.

What about NinJEWtsu?

Is that Andy?

I wasn't disappointed.

You're wrong, Quint and Rockman Shadow are completely different robots. Quint is a reprogrammed Mega Man while Rockman Shadow is a new robot that Wily was creating to be Quint but was scrapped.
Also R&F2 wasn't made by Capcom but by Bandai so it isn't completely canon.

Custom Robo: Battle Revolution

Sequel to a pair of silly games about fighting toys, it features a post apocalypse setting where all the Custom Robo are edgy robots.

It actually works

Take that back you motherfucker

Rockman Shadow isn't exactly clear with what he means by a lot of shit, not the least of reasons why being that he gives different details to Rockman and Bass. Also I don't know how good the english translation going around on the web is. That translation says things like "I am also from that time" and has Shadow refer to Quint in the third person, but the final scene is clearly all about how Shadow is Rockman. Also he gets more powerful as Rockman gets more powerful, which is obviously related to him making his own past self more powerful.

Zero is a shit Mary Sue who only made the X games worse and didn't deserve his own games to begin with. He's the Mega Man equivalent of Sigmario.

The only thing that looks even part way decent was the Tiger Zord

I forgot to say that the stuff Shadow says can easily be interpreted to say he is Quint. He says he was abandoned after Quint was defeated and upgraded himself. It's easy to figure he refers to Quint in the third person because he considers it a different incarnation of himself, since he had a different name and all. Also Japanese seem to refer to themselves in the third person all the time from what I hear in my animes. When he says Wily created him, it can be because Wily did create Quint by changing Mega Man into him.

I know you'll just say I'm reaching, but honestly the ending, with him looking exactly like Rock and getting more powerful when Rock gets more powerful, makes no sense if he's a completely different robot. Not to mention it lacks all emotional gravitas.

He literally dies at the end of MMZ4. Don't blame him for the fact that Capcom keeps bringing him back because everyone likes him more than your precious faggy X

X is also an edgy faggot of a character, but at least he doesn't literally show up just so the game can constantly say he's better than you and he's the coolest and most important guy ever even though you're the one killing all the bosses and saving his ass. Except for when he jumps in and kills a boss for you just to drive home that he's better than you. Because that's what I want in a video game, other characters to kill the bosses for me.

Shouldn't the Zord's be a little more recognizable in the Megazord when they combine together like in the original?

That "thing" is just gray with a few primary colors splatted over it

That was intended to make you want to become as powerful as Zero. I think Capcom just never really properly capitalized on it and let X surpass him because they wanted to churn out infinite sequels.

This isn't even Japan being better than teh West either even W40k at it's worst still makes better mech designs

That sounds pretty rad.

This made me think.

I could link this to Trump somehow

Lord Zedd was a fucking boss! He actually came across as a legitimate threat to the Power Rangers in his early appearances. Rita Repulsa always came off as silly and bumbling while Zedd was actually scary and competent.

How to start watching Kamen Raider? It always seemed like an interesting show but I never got around to watching it.

I agree OP is a faggot but

At last I truly see
Thank you for opening my eyes user

It's a very good game but it's far darker than the first game.

In a very good way

Oh hey, I'm not the only poor soul here that slogged their way through Shadow the Hedgehog.

God what an edgy game.

(checked)
Is it at least any good as a game?

What about fucking Tomb Raider?
That reboot shit is downright disgusting

No. Take the worst parts of SA2 and Sonic Heroes level design and make it even worse. The battle mode was alright.

Is it worse than Dragonball Evolution?

Implying Band Land isn't the darkest point in videogame history ever

Was all that during Con Mans control? I mean he was the guys original attempt at shanghaiing the Megaman IP.

He was so scary, parents wrote to the show about how he scared the shit out of kids, so they had to tone him down.

I'm pretty sure the only reason Sonic bothers is because his plans involve either imprisoning animals in robots and using them to power his machines, or awakening a sealed evil. Oh, and he did want to shoot the Earth with a fully charged Eclipse Cannon.

Hey leftypol. How's the garbage pit called Cuba?

So much exaggerated bullshit.

Yeah but I'm just saying it's a Japanese show and all so I can compare it to japan. West has great shit but I didn't find it so relevant because Sentai is japanese from Bandai and Toei companies and stuff.

Keep in mind Inafune didn't create rockman or the first rockman games even though he can draw rockman himself. He's a little like how Kawamori didn't make Macross but took it over in the end.

In the opening of MegaMan 4 you see explosions riping though the city. There is no way a heavily populated city wouldn't have thousands dead after that.

Lighthearted: Dragonball Z
Dark: DragonBallZ (Funamation Dub from your childhood)

For the Buu arc, yes. Even arguably the Saiyan arc. But definitely not the Freeza, Android, and Cell arc.

Even though DBZ throw out all the lighthearted atmosphere of DB, it have a lot of lighthearted moments, unless you're a fagot and watch an abridged version or something.

Yes, it has moments. The overall tone of the show, until the Buu arc, isn't very lighthearted though.

What? The Abridged inverted it by making the overall tone more lighthearted while having some darker moments.

Kabuto seems to be the overall recommended starter. What are you expecting from a karate bugmen series?

it's impressive how much they fucked up the power rangers

like they put effort in fucking it up

also original rita repulsa was sexier

How is Ex-Aid anyway?

Kabuto was pretty good, I was going to recommend Fourze or W to start him off light.

How is Ex-Aid anyway?
It's doing well so far, not the typical motw format as the big bad is doing most of the work. Quite reminiscent of Gaim and by coincidence, they hired another outside writer for this.

You don't have to be a Holla Forumsack to notices the lack of SJW outrage over a Jewish woman now playing a Asian character.

SJWs don't care about Asians. Besides, they probably only remember Barbara Goodman, who portrayed Rita the most once she got her operation and married Zedd.

Id stay away from recommending neo-heisei riders for somebodies entry to the series. They tend to feel more like live action animes where as heisei is more action drama.

Mind you I adore Fourze, but as I said, anything neo-heisei is a pretty bad representation of what you're going to get with Kamen Rider.
Those would be the three I'd go for as far as entry points… though really, if somebody has the will power, I'd suffer through the good(but flawed) Kuuga first and just go from order considering all the Riders are very different and everyone has different taste.

I haven't seen too much of heisei unfortunately. I still need to go back and endure deneb? The one with the time traveling, but I hope Ryuki's ending doesn't piss him off.