SWTOR:Shit mmo, still good for solo?

We all know how shitty SWTOR is as an MMO.

I didn't played it since it was out.i was one of the faggot who beleive in the game
I pretty much do not remember anything regarding the "leveling story" aside from the deception you get if you play a sith inquisitor who is forced to have a jedi as a companion without the ability to corrupt her unlike in the sith warrior's story.
So i want to ask you guy: is this game worth playing if you just want to level a character up until the end of the main story questline?

like i said above SWOTR is a shit mmo, i do not plan on investing more than a month of my time. i just want to know if the solo content is worth my time.

tl;dr
>i just want to know if it's worth it to finish my characters storyline

and if you ask me : why did you drop and didn't leveled up your character back in the days:

Depends on the character in question. Some stories are garbage, others are alright and some are only good if you play as the opposite of what is expected (Lightside Sith and so forth).

The F2P scheme severely handicaps you.

i know, i wouldn t made a thread about it if the question wasnt :
should i spend 27€ for 60days of this game just for the story/leveling ?

if it worth it then i plan to finish the bounty hunter, imperial agent and my sith lord questline.
then, maybe, try some light side(republic) stuff if i still have enouth time.

Agent is good, Sith Lord is good, Bounty Hunter is meh.

I still wouldn't give the retards at EA money though.

I would and if it runs out you can always pay again XDD

It's called TORtanic for a reason but if you really must spend money at least go to a key reseller like kinguin instead of EA.

this, please refrain from paying bioware any money

It pretty much boils down to shitty arena matches or if you go open PvP, high levels ganking low levels.
Still can be fun, the Open PvP RP Jung Ma server was kind of hilarious.

Afterwards I pretty much got bored with the game, especially cause things were a themepark and I felt a bit too OP due to my Jewery.

I miss SWG, had stuff like this full of lol's all the time.

But now it's just a shell of what it once was, a bastardized zombie that needs more players. and JTL

right on, it said it s only 20€ there.
i hope it's legit.

the only thing i like about Bounty hunter is the bounty hunter is the powertech stuff.
tons of tool in one suit.
that s why i m not into Smuggler it feel too bland. Sure you have your waky han solo/cow boy in space but … meh.
To bad trooper is said to have a shit story.

Trooper wasn't bad, I liked the whole loyalty vs. shady shit but it wasn't the best story on the game.

But story shouldn't be the highlight of an MMO in my opinion, thus TORtanic falls flat on its face as an MMO

Agent is bugged, couldn't get past a certain point.

It's hardcore lore rape with black & white morality. Written by the salty writer of KOTOR 1 who didn't like MCA stealing the spotlight.

The Imperial Agent storyline is probably one of the best Star Wars stories, hands down. I wish we had more Star Wars games that had similar themes. I've actually played through it twice. I also find Operative to be one of the most enjoyable advanced classes in the game.

If you don't want to play IA, the BH story is all right (a bit bland). Sith Inquisitor is fun to play (especially as Sorc with Lightning spec) but the story is pretty weak. I don't remember anything about the Sith Warrior storyline except for some of the characters you pick up.

The post-character-story singleplayer content is pretty good. The Revan storyline is just okay but it introduces some cool locations, and some good characters that you see again later. Knights of the Fallen Empire is really good for the first half but gets a little weak in the last half. Knights of the Eternal Throne is really good up until the last mission (although they've only released half of the content for KotEE so there's more to come; it might redeem itself).

On the Rep side, I've only played Smugger, Knight and Consular. Consular bored the fuck out of me and I stopped at level 15. Knight story is okay. Smuggler story is slightly better but still just okay.

the SWG stella bellum server is going to be launching after the fuckup again, probably within the next month I hope. We have a group sitting on our asses waiting for it to finally be ready.

thanks for the insight user

nice i may check it out, i never played SWG and since everyone seems to agree on how great it was …

By pure luck, I played an Agent for a while when my college buddies chose TOR for a game to play as a group. I remember the story and voice acting being top-tier, although I didn't get much further past getting a ship. For a themepark, I actually had a lot of fun.

You should really go back and finish the storyline. The IA story has some of the best-written characters and most interesting plot twists of any SWTOR stories and most other Star Wars fiction. I would rate it up there with KotOR 2. It should have been its own game.

I've been in the mood for an MMO lately, even if I go solo. I may do just that.

i'd actually say it's worth it for the agent storyline and the sith warrior storyline (provided you're playing your warrior as light side). if you're an edgelord, inquisitor is okay too. bounty hunter is kinda fun to play but the story is pretty dull, although it is good for giving you the longest title in the game so your nameplate can take up entire fucking screens with "Ballsack Testikill, Grand Champion of the Great Hunt" this actually bothers people. smuggler and the jedi that isn't a warrior are the absolute drizzling shits though, so do not under any circumstances play those. it's really comfy and it's very, very easy to fall into the collectathon/dressup rabbit hole, so if you have poor self control you should steer clear or you'll find yourself shelling out cartelbux for slutclothes for your favourite companion

Sith Warrior is funny when you play Light Side and all the Jedi you meet are confused by how reasonable you are.

aside from two absolutely fucking retarded twists i agree that imperial agent is one of the best storylines in star wars history. no force wankery, no lightsabers, just james bond in space, complete with a voice actor who can and does change accents as the mission requires. fun companions, even if kaliyo is an i-hurt-myself-today tier punker bitch i still dressed her up in dancer's closes with visas's veil.

those two twists in the agent's storyline absolutely made my blood boil though. in a story that good having those two incredibly childish and ham-handed developments was a real shocker

Which twists are you talking about? I thought they were all pretty well executed, unless I'm forgetting something

no

if you think you're interested in the story, just read a synopsis. It's not worth your time. I wasted a month levelling each class to see story.

The game is just too horrible, because of mob tether that most mmos have these days, you just run past everything to the objective/boss aoe down the few mobs that haven't reset then do the thing. REPEAT FOREVER because all quests are exactly like this.

(checked)
these are actual spoilers so OP, keep guzzling cocks and don't read these

i'm serious you faggot
the first one where you get a shot and suddenly you're mind-controlled. no buildup, no fanfare, no resistance, just boop! yes master whatever you want master. it boggles the mind that an interstellar superspy, with an enormous support staff, handlers at home base, top-level security clearance and eventually ties to literally the highest tier of government wouldn't have been trained or immunized against that sort of garbage
secondly the absolutely braindead final twist during the main storyline where you finally deal with the head of that republic counterintelligence team. that slut killed several people close to you, was an obstacle literally start to finish, made multiple attempts on your life, and you finally have her at your mercy, then the lightside option is to kiss her on the mouth and say it's all okay. nigger fuck that and fuck you. there was no opportunity for love to bloom on the battlefield, that cunt just undermined you at every opportunity. the only option should have been to shoot her in the face, with various different one-liners. the dumbest, most heavy-handed attempt at bioware-brand romance i've seen in a long, long time

Half of it is nostalgia, most the love for the game comes from the player driven content because when you log into an emulator server you realize that the game had extremely little content naturally. I played on the Emus for a while but without Impfags dropping bases outside of Anchorhead and Rebelbros fighting to keep the city clear for newbies it just isn't as fun.

This thread is going to make me go finish my characters now. Damn it.

I really disagree with you on the first one. In my opinion that's the strongest part of the IA storyline. You have to remember that the high ranking support staff was in on it, and they used the brainwashing commands to make you forget it happened. It wasn't just a shot, it was a several-weeks-long process that included administration of the drug and mental programming by professionals. At the end of it they issued a command to wipe your memory of the programming process.

For the second one - yeah it was a little weird. I thought that character and the twist were actually well written but it still struck me as odd. The light side choice you talked about was a major wtf moment. Still, it wasn't enough to ruin anything for me and it's ultimately unimportant to the overall story.

ok now i get it.Yea it seems funny.
how about dark side jedi ? (or even going dark side in republic faction in general?)

yea well when i played back in the day i was with a friend. I pretty much was roleplaying as a Bounty Hunter hired as bodyguard. while trying to see who will get to fuck more.
obviously the Imperial agent won

Can you capture loli player toons and sell them as slaves?

who knows, maybe in a future expantion.
but i guess it will be twi'lek … or jawas

All MMOs should have an offline solo option, it's the only way to enjoy them.

the:n it wouldn t be calle MMO but online RPG (like Elite dangerous )

Being Dark Jedi you tend to impress people by being able to get shit done and when you encounter Sith they tend to shit themselves a little when they realized they've underestimated you cause they thought you were the average Jedi cuck.

really ? that s it ? nobody complain ?
i thought it would be something close to Kotor 1 if you go dark side (since even there: you can t really become a sith even if you go full dark side)

Jedi complain and grumble about it, but the Republic kind of steps in cause you get results and basically tells them to STFU.

If they made it so that haven't different players from different classes could interact with your classes storyline it would have made this game so much more interesting.

go back to cuckchan mierde

In SWG's defense the player driven content was damn near the whole point of the game. The classes, the economy, even the freaking map, everything was built around that.

and should be played like jedi knight/Battlefront