Are realistic graphics a bad thing for gaming?

Are realistic graphics a bad thing for gaming?

Are tripfags a bad thing?

Is shitposting a bad thing?

Your dubs are bad.

Checked

How can dubs ever be bad?

Nope

No, but when graphics are prioritized over gameplay it is.

I actually prefer graphics over gameplay because honestly games do not have my interest anymore. I don't like them and I don't consider it my hobby since medio 2014. However I can always appreciate the craftsmanship of good design and the prestige of a great graphics engine.

I "played" the entire single player of Battlefield 1 just to look at all the pretty pictures, same for The Witcher 3.

I think this is all part of growing up and becoming a man. Remember when we were all kids? We only liked games that had good gameplay. Sure those days were fun but I have more important things on my mind today.

Checked.

Why don't you go to fucking art expositions or something then you pretentious faggot

It can be a bad idea because it will age a game faster than having a less realistic style

Why are you even here, you mature grown ass man

I'd prefer a proper visual aesthetic over just realism. If a game has a nice look to it, then realism isn't that much of a priority. A game like Psychonauts woudn't be as nice if everything were photo-realistic. Gameplay should still take top priority, though.

devolution of man

i prefer gameplay over graphics, but graphics should at least be easily representable.
for instance, dwarf fortress might be the pinnacle of gameplay. unfortunatly, it looks like absolute shit without any mods. the representation of the world in asci symbols is pretty hard to just get over. when gotten over, it's fantastic, but the fact that a large part of any game would be a negative threshold to cross is ridicilous.
games like cod or such are visually stunning, but offer very little gameplay, and you see that with the usage of multiplayer: the gamedevs use the 'gameplay' of the players to make the game itself seem more in depth. but in the end it's a trick, and the game itself is almost unplayable without other people in the game. in this case the gameplay is severely lacking, and played on your own not even worth the effort.
finally, games like factorio, while having outdated graphics, offer quite some gameplay without having the problem in representability. things you use or make are easily seen for what the game maker wants you to see, while offering a lot of gameplay.

in the end, gameplay is important, but without decent graphical representation a game is all the harder to play.

Well it usually looks boring as hell and makes for huge turdshits sitting on your hard drive. I think a lot of idiots fall for it by thinking it somehow makes the actual game part of a game more detailed hwn in fact it just makes them seem more hollow. It's almost like the uncanny valley thing, where you start to expect to interact with the game in ways due to the realism your eyes are seeing but it ends up just being another corridor shitfest with invisible walls and impatient NPCs yelling at you to keep funneling ahead like it's the running of the bulls.

Like admitting you suck at games on a Croatian tapestry message board?

Check em.

This thread has gone full meta.

Fuck off tripfag

The push for realistic graphics is what brought in normalfags, Hollywood-style "cinematic gaming", and games that look good in screenshots and commericals but are as fun to play as a root canal. So yes, realistic graphics are a bad thing for gaming.

Solid bait user, well done

Was being gay part of you plan?

Yes
Same goes for anything that gets added to games and costs a lot to do.

Yes

Also

test

That was excelent. You got 4, nicely done.
Props for attempting "reddit spacing" but noone bit that.

I wish bullets traveled over ethernet cables so I shoot you from here.