MOUNTAIN BLADE THREAD

PoP 3.8 edition

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=850308644&searchtext=
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

D'Shar a best, especially now with their new tree and knighthood order. And make sure to use Brujoloco's banners for the new version.

also Alyssa got a new look, cant say its better but its definitely different

butterlard when

so they finally decided to get on with the times™

Alistair's a NIGGER
LOOK
HE'S A NIGGER

Bonerlarp when

Shit, didn't this mod have vanilla faces before? This is what I hate about Warband mods, creators want to keep changing the looks as far away as possible from vanilla just for the sake of it and it ends looking like dull inconsistent garbage. I remember Floris was a popular mod and it murdered the looks of the game, turning the large green battlefields full of trees into small dark swamps, and generally making every color darker.

Single player is fucking bad m8s, it's a huge repetitive grindfest that takes a soul-rending amount of time to finish.

Pretty sure it had a few shitty submods even before this whole revival thing. "Pretty" females, the vanilla skins upscaled by x50 in mspaint as seen and the elf one.

Does Ravenstern absolutely buttfuck everyone else in anyone else's game? I played a game as D'Shar and another as Empire and both games Ravenstern were raping the Fierdsvain and Sarleon all on their own.

I meant the armor.
There are very few NPCs in PoP that actually use custom non-vanilla faces, and Alyssa was one of the first to do so.

Its really random, depends on whoever gets edge early on, for me its most of the time either D'Shar or the Empire. The only ones exempt from this rule are Fierdsvain because Fierdsvain objectively suck.

I had great success mixing their troops with barclay mercs or ebony knights (or anything that can soak damage) and pushing the enemy up to the edge of map or a comparable boundary, say a creek or a cliff. They're literally mincedmeat at that point.

Not something I want to hear after struggling to get started with this game last night. Combat feels in depth but unresponsive and my weapons are like styrofoam. I want to like m&b but I'm finding it difficult to do so.

BANNERLORD
FUCKING
WHEEEEEEEEEEEN

NOW

Than stop sucking ass on dead malaysian meemboards and git gud. And by getting good I mean both figuratively in lurking more and shedding your newfag cancer factor and literally in a sense of building up your proficiency, your army and your stock of quality weapons.

A game of high politics this is not but if you're into grinding down your enemies until you hear the lamentation of their women - it's hard to beat.

Glory to the Band of the Red Horse!

A hawk makes for an objectively superior mascot

Play multiplayer instead, or face the eternal grind. Check out MP modules such as Native (best 1v1/team combat), Napoleonic Wars (large scale battles with artillery), Persistent World (large scale roleplaying with custom factions, crafting and economy)

Thanks faggot. You've really mastered the art of posting entirely in memes haven't you

Sounds cool but I'm not interested in mp

[CURRENT YEAR]

You're forgetting the part about being punished by achievements

What the bugger doth ye just buggering say about me, ye wretched cretin? I’ll have thy know I numvber top of mine rank in the Knight's Joust, and I’ve been involved in numerous most holiest raids on Sarranids, and I doth have over 300 confirmed removals. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top horse bugger in the entire Caladrian Banner. thy are nothing to me but just another kebab. I will wipe thee the bugger ovt with precision the likes of which has doth never been seen before on Lord's Earth, mark mine buggering words. thee think thy can get away with saying that shite to me over the Privy? Think again, buggerer. As we speak I am contacting mine secret network of spies across the land and thine IP is being traced right now so thy better prepare for the storm, onanist. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing thy call thine life. thou arst buggering dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill thee in over seven hundred ways, and doth is just with mine bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Caladrian Banner and I will use it to its full extent to wipe thine miserable arse off the face of the continent, thy little shite. If only thy could have known what most holy retribution thy little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon thy, maybe thee would have held thine buggering tongue. But thy couldn’t, thy didn’t, and now thy dost payeth thine price, thy goddamn sodomite. I will shite fury all over thyne and thy will drown in it most spendidly. thou arst buggering dead, kiddo.

Didn't they disable that shit?

I like the new village scenes

Theres no negative achivements in PoP that affect your character, the ones that are there decrease your renown by like 10 points. Otherwise its mostly +1 to skills.

When does 2 cum out?

Any tips on being a trader? Been playing this game or years and never actually bothered with the economics.

Worth going back to PoP. I Sure love killing Noldor for loot.

when you're in a market, press the thing that checks prices, and then buy shit that will give you a large enough profit
don't just get anything that says it has a profit though, trade tax isn't mentioned (this is why you need the trade skill), so you'd be losing money when selling it

Buy cheap and sell expensive, never travel with an empty inventory. Form a trade route so it takes you at least two weeks before you're back in any given town. Buy in bulk.

My main goal is to set up a happy merchant empire, is that feasible?

It's Mount & Blade, you fucking idiot.

Obviously. Your midgame goal is to have a bunch of manufactures and corner the silk/dye market, and rubbing out the competing trade caravans actually increases the price for the goods in that town. Also I can't remember if PoP has the tenant/land lease submod on by default or do you need to download one of the tweaks to enable it.

on having wealth doesnt give you the right to own land, such is life on a medieval feudalism.

Say that to my face, goy, and see what happens.

u wot, m8?

Kek, nevermind then

Haven't played any Mountain Blade in a long while and I wanna get back into it, I'm wondering if there are any good mods with guns that can also run on my toaster.

Most recent news is 4 months old, they have been executed as political dissidents in post-coup Turkey.

And the best part is that it punishes you in the early game, while rewarding only long after you have gotten the ball rolling. I would get punishing someone in the end-game for still being a cunt like having a negative achievement for raiding 250 villages (since by then you would already be rich as fuck), but every single one of those is made to punish players early on. The absolute earliest reward you are going to get is for successfully completing 30 quests and having 5000 renown, while the earliest punishment is for losing 10 times and doing 20 raids, which you are bound to get fairly quickly unless you savescum because of how bullshit a lot of things the mod throws at you are.

You wanna know how to beat this game? Farm the Jatu. They're not that scary as long as you soak up their initial charge or you outnumber them by like 30 men, you can beat them easily. Put as many points in Looting, Inv. management and surgery. Attack them with low cost meat shields, mercenary calvary and anything wielding a spear.

The only scary thing about the Jatu are the armies and any Noldor lord can take them on if you do the "talk to them repeatedly until the slower party catches up to them" exploit.

I just looked up and the fuckers changed the reward for getting captured, it was positive in the past.

farm the Noldor
you need about twice the amount of mid tier troops as their party to ensure 90% victory chance in autocalc
at 30 prisoner and 150 soldier cap you make 20k per raid on average from loot and slaves

Yeah but then you're going to get nowhere because

In the same conditions as you need about 3-4 raids to get noldor relations from -100 to 0.

3.8 is out?

Time to remove more kebab

REMOVE

how 2 get splash screen working on linux

You know, I was really craving this game about three months ago, but I held off on playing it so I didn't get burnt out before Bannerlord came out. Seems like that's not really an issue.

I wish they'd tell us something, anything, even explain what they're spending so much time working on. This complete silence of theirs is doing more damage to the game than anything they could actually say.

Well, there has been a lot of shit happening in Roachland recently.

I remember them saying they wanted it out before the end of the year, even if it meant Early Access. Hope there's not any drama going on in the studio.

That's the biggest thread, that the Roach Sultan gets butthurt someone is making the best Deus Vult simulator in his domain and shuts them down.

All I know is that one of their engine programmers (or the lead engine programmer) left the studio a while back.

That faggot Lust answered some questions a while back on the forums but it was more of the same, just mentioning that all animations are not final and they're working on features such as aging, heirs and co-op (though he couldn't say if anything will make it into the finalized game).

Could be. With all the shit going down there it wouldn't surprise me if a bunch of the roaches there started political drama every day. But speculating about this is pointless. We'll have to wait and see.

Well that's definitely not good.
fug

Well that fucking sucks. And I'm sure it's not as simple as just hiring someone else, either. Fuck, man.

FFFUUUCKKK the outlaw missions. I fucking hate searching a village for twenty minutes and turning up no fucking outlaw.

I'LL DRINK FROM YOUR SKULL!

You should check out the armors/shields of the new knighthood order.

there's always an outlaw at daytime when peasants are walking around in the suspected village

Sure, sometimes I find them. A lot of the time I dont.

I have done about five campaigns.
I actually enjoy multiplayer a lot. I just wish Warband had Commander Battle Player Vs Player.
I have been working on a Mod for over 2 years now trying to put in Massive Monsters based on Greek and Germanic/Nordic mythos. Programming their AI each to be unique has been challenging. I might release the Beta for it where you fight the Titans. All attack animations will be original and what not.

Since you mentioned it, you may as well post some of your progress

WFaS has something similar. As well as NW.

There was an user making a Touhou mod based on Gekokujo - has he gotten anywhere?

Shit, I put about 300 hours into Warband and never even finished one. I always get bored halfway through.

Anime has gone too far

It hasn't gone far enough.

He's a big guy.

The early builds used to actually have Touhou music.

For thyself.

speaking of shitty mods we'll never finished
i tried putting klingons into the game
sadly my textures and models are shit, and despite my best efforts to make the klingons overpowered, lack of shields seriously hurts them during sieges

your mod will be shit, retard

i don't know, it sounds similar to chronicles of might and magic, and i liked that one a lot

I'm call bullshit

isn't it possible to change it with the script extender?

been playing perisno, would like to thank the zann for giving me an army of rescued renweards

Messing with the AI is very, well messy. Shit's prone to break and it's beyond resource hogging, and (even if possible) I can't begin to imagine the scripts required to apply AI on a unit to unit scale. And what if you had an army of fifty such creatures? How about several hundred?

Take weeb&blade as an example of how reliable custom scripts are: phil needed five patches to fix the skirmishers, some three patches for destroyable gates and the frog couldn't even fix the horos and banners in the end. And those are simple triggers for mostly static content.

Second and kinda obvious: he's been working on a mod for years but doesn't have a name or anything to showcase? Not even placeholders?

DEEP
DARK
FANTASIES

rate my build so far faggolas

no books, no achivements, no char imports

It's like you're trying to say you don't care about the men under your command and remove the soldiers bond that would make the believe in you.

You'd better post the uncropped version of that you faggot.

everyone should have trainer though, it adds the whole parties

Faeget.

Nice, thanks.

jaysus christ look at these motherfucking hammers

Why was my post randomly deleted.

Im on a fucking roll today or so it seems

Mods being fags as per usual

I dont think I have even posted in other threads today.

Probably deleted for being a fag by not posting your progress

You post had unrelated pictures, a lot of replies, and relatively little text for the amount of replies.
Mods being the fags they are mistook it for a shitpost. Or .

Gommie revolt status: put down

now this is some handy shit alright

Congrats on the gold.

perisno fucking sucks

Goyim, I beg you.

Define toaster.

Gekokujo runs fine on a 8 yo toaster but a 10 yo toaster wont cut it anymore.

I've had 3 different PoP games and the D'shar dominated every time, while the fierdsvain got assfucked into oblivion from the very start. It's because the D'shar actually have the best kingdom troops in game, except they take retarded long amounts of time to train. Of course, lords just run around with whatever are the last few guys on the troop tree so they're always running around with the better stuff in game and if you decide to become a sandnigger you're left with shitty troops because you can't train them before they die.

Yeah, it's retarded how honor is actually GBP.

Ultimately, you can't be a jew on mount and blade. It's one of the things you can do, not one of the main things you'll be doing.

congrats on the trips

tis merely a scratch

i'd imagine that most mod makers are just waiting for butterlord right now, no point in working on a mod if it's gonna become obsolete soon enough
although with the long wait time, that might have been a mistake
5500 POWER LICHES

It's almost as if you don't want xana in your head.

dark messiah's story was a bit linear though, what's the point in making a whole mod for it
something like berserk would work way better, since there's an actual map for that
speaking of which, i wish the berserk mod had been ported to warband, it's bugged for me in vanilla.

I just want to tenderly fuck xana against a wall as she fucks me back with her tail.

cant wait to recreate these niggers in 3.8

Anybody plays Full Invasion 2 mod?

Which Knightly Order are they from user?

They are his CKO and super strong from what I remember him posting last time.

This is the one issue i had with loonix, when it fucks up on it's own it's 2000x worse than windows.

Windows just works, my dude.

Custom

im playing phantasy again. has it been updated in the past year or so? I remember ragequitting the mod after my mages kept fireballing of my troops during siege defense. the map is also too fucking big and empty.

it's still fun to play though so I'm going to give it a second chance and just fuck around pointlessly instead of trying to create a giant kingdom.

It just works when it's reporting all of your telemetry to Microsoft and by proxy, the US gov.

If your next post doesn't involve shilling Brain Force™ I'm going to be very disappointed.

So I just reinstalled this slop and I have captured a king how do I get their weapon it is only offering me 20k? Is the game broken?

You can only do that as a king yourself fam.

Does it even add anything new to the table at all instead of being a port that nobody asked for?

Why is that cockroach using a computer?

You also need to reduce their kingdom to 5 or less places. Taking the King weapon also makes the King permenantly hostile to you forever.

i got bored and recreated calradia in age of empires 2
khergits are mongols
swadians are teutons
nords are vikings
vaegirs are slavs
sarranids are saracens
rhodoks are goths, because i don't really know what else i can equate them to
every city is a town center (except for vaegirs, because then they become a bit too overpowered)
swadians also get walls otherwise they die too early on to nords and rhodoks
gonna leave this to play out with every kingdom being a bot, and then i'll report results
my bet is on either the slavs or the khergits winning

Why are Swadians not Franks? Why aren't Rhodoks Italians, you know, basically what they were modeled after?

yeah, i didn't think of italians, that kind of makes sense considering they have genoese crossbowmen
swadians are franks because teutonic knights are the closest thing to a swadian knight in terms of single unit power, even if he is unmounted

I have to agree with
That being said, I'm gonna say Sarranids will win; they have a lot of room to expand their only immediate threat are the Khergits who are split in two with a lot of land between the their towns and have to deal with the Swadians and Vaegirs

alright, i gave the swadians a few extra starting towers because they're still too weak, rhodoks are italians
after a while, the vaegiers get to feudal first, then sarranids, then swadians

sarranids got to castle first
nords are sending archers to try and pester swadians

WARNING
WARNING
khergits attacking dhirrim

gates to dhirrim are down
vaegirs are approaching from the north too
meanwhile swadia may or may not be making siege weapons to fight the nords

nevermind, nords are sacking the walls of praven

Walls to praven are down, swadia is too busy feasting to raise an army
meanwhile vaegirs are attacking nords from the east
khergits are attacking the walls of dhirrim for whatever reason
rhodoks and sarranids are doing nothing

nords are getting destroyed by the vaegirs
nords still left a few battering rams to destroy swadian towers though, and of course swadia is still feasting so they're not gonna make any cavalry

here we have a picture of brave swadian soldiers tactically retreating in order to feast

Rhodoks are as Swiss as they're Italian and Franks have those broken as fuck axe throwers iirc.

rhodoks being bullied by khergits

swadians not out of the game yet
nords are desperate
rhodoks somehow beat back the khergits
sarranids still not doing anything
vaegirs control around half the map now

in a strange turn of events, nords pulled out some halberdiers out of their ass and the vaegirs retreated
now the vaegirs are attacking khergits, and soon possibly sarranids

swadians eventually losing to nords

Make a Holla Forums plays watches aoe2 thread instead?

fagirs are going to win ez

do you have some mod telling you what the ai is thinking?

What's King Graveth been doing this entire time?

alright, vaegirs wiped swadia off the face of the earth
rhodoks and sarranids can't make an army big enough to oppose the vaegirs
i think i've got to rebalance things:
swadian cities are too far apart so dhirrim always falls very fast
rhodoks don't have enough space to expand due to walls
nords don't have much space to expand due to rivers
vaegirs build a small army and then they just snowball from there. no clue how to weaken them
and for god knows what reason, the sarranids never do anything. early on they were building military buildings on the other side of the mountain but they never bothered to make any troops. go figure

and i keep forgetting to sage, although i'll probably be banned again for evasion anyways

F

alright, made some minor changes
swadians are now franks, turns out that they actually have cavalry bonuses
vaegir town centers are far apart, takes them longer to get powerful, but they still do
enlarged the swadian and rhodok lands to give them more space, this helped the swadians, not so much the rhodoks
this time the swadians took the early game and quickly destroyed the nords with a knight rush
eventually the vaegirs and khergits both went against swadia. swadia might have survived, but the khergits trapped them in a ditch to the west of dhirrim, and shot them down with lots of mangudai. after that the swadians were left with light cavalry and skirmishers, which were useless
rhodoks and sarranids never expanded much, can't figure out why, i gave them more space
khergits were fighting against vaegirs at this point
khergit army was mostly mangudai and pikemen, vaegir army was halberdiers and boyars
they were fairly even but once the mangudai started dying out, the khergits didn't have enough resources for powerful units, so they went with pikemen and light cavalry
however the vaegirs are slavs, so their infantry is better, and can damage adjacent units
so when both armies met where dhirrim used to be, the vaegirs beat the khergits due to this bonus
after that the khergits didn't have any time to muster an army, and their castles were sacked by the vaegir horde
and while all of this was happening, both the khergit and vaegirs killed the rhodoks/sarranids, so they didn't do anything noteworthy
at this point i think i just need to change the swadian walls with forests, and i can publish the map somewhere, don't feel like messing with it more.

How did you set this shit up? I missed the initial few posts that were deleted

Not enough redtexting of quotes from npc encounters.

i just made a scenario in aoe2 and got the AIs to play it, while i was occasionally taking pics of the map for progress
so far, nearly every time nords die first, then rhodoks, then sarranids, then khergits and vaegirs drain swadia's resources in multiple wars, and eventually vaegirs or khergits beat the other, with swadia possibly being dead or incapacitated
it's on steam if anyone wants it
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=850308644&searchtext=
also mark is a fucking jew