Shitty games that are actually fun

Games that you own that are crap but still enjoy

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MRxgL1UGF4A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Tried to be a GTA-like, but failed because of the poor location of loadings, the messy layout of the city, some places are only accessible during missions, all vehicles feel the same, some areas don't serve any purpose whatsoever… but I kinda like the shooting mechanics and how stupid the main protagonist is.

This, it feels like a shitty mod with a pricetag.

Digimon next order, resistance burning skies, conception 2, vanilla skyrim, Pokémon, FE IF, the 3ds port of dq7, honey select, and 7th dragon.

I had this shit a few years ago, this one to be specific.

The tarzan n64 game. Really fun, but i feel like the 3d mechanics could be better.

I just grabbed a copy of that at a yard sale for a dollar. I'm curious to see how bad it is compared to the PC version, but also kinda scared.

Oh brother you are in for a ride, its consolized as you would expect.

Skyrim

IIRC that game had a really nice score system, you even got a bonus for shooting a guy's hat off and having it land on your head.

I honestly enjoyed Road to Fiddler's Green back when i was still using my old toaster.

Get or emulate the PSP remake, Chili con Carnage, it has more funny variety of enemies and real boss battles.

It has a PC port

Pic related. Feels like a beta build sometimes, but goddamn is it fun.

the entire Final Fantasy series minus 13 and onward.

The PS2 and PC are the same. The PSP is linear and a remake.

Chili con Carnage has a PC port on GOG

Show me, cringo.

Oh no you didn't.

Oh yes I did.

Was i warped to an alternative dimension?

We've been in the Berenstain universe for some time now

I don't believe you. People that think SFV is fun are just lying to hide their buyers remorse.

Or because they want that baby eSports money.

That depends, was Capcom still good in your universe?

Nope

I'm easy to please, user. I don't ask for much from a fighting game, I just want an active player base both online and locally, my waifu, and fun. I know "fun" doesn't work as a measure of a games quality, but what does that matter if I'm having fun while playing and having fun playing shit games is what this thread is about, no?

You're the jurifag aren't you? That would explain everything

Oh let me guess, you picked a number of certain games that Holla Forums likes, sprinkled them with some actually bad or average games ( Mercs 2 and Oddworld) to make your bait less obvious and posted it for results?

What's with Freaky Flyers being brought up recently? Whatever, gives me a reason to post this.

Also, Nuts and Bolts is only a bad Banjo game but a good game in general, if a bit sparse.

I meant to say Karate Champ, confused your post

O-P-ERA-TION MIDWAY
O-P-ERA-TION MIDWAY

Not really. Building is simplistic and doesn't have much impact on the game while the racing/missions themselves are rather dull and repetitive.

Are you retarded?

Yes, you fucktards. They are shitty by today's standards but still fun to play. Read the /thread you fucking slopes

I'll agree that it's shitty, but not that it's fun.

Maybe you just have bad taste but think you don't?

That game was a masterpiece, and it's a crime that the remake's Kickstarter failed so badly.

What's wrong with Puyo Puyo?

Or puyo pop fever

Kek

Anything ever made by MDickie counts

What do you think? If it makes you feel any better, I feel like my hands are tied in this scenario. One option, I don't fork over the shekels for Capcom's half finished game and forgo seeing my waifu in a new game before she goes the way of Sodom or Blair and forever remains unused like half of their characters. The second option, I buy the game and have a handful of users on an anonymous image board tell me how shitty my taste is when I legitimately enjoy playing the game. I just picked the scenario that would benefit me the most.
Sage for blogposting like a faggot.

I don't think anyone played "The Ooze"

OP never mentioned today's standards

Why would they be shitty games if they are fun?

Here is an example user

Holy shit, I thought I was the only one who knew about that game. Cool concept.

Sounds fun

Nah, too boring

That's a good game, though.

wew m8

I can't remember if it was the beefy dude or the black dude but one of the two gives out the greatest "ALRIGHT" soundclip in all of video games when you complete a stage.

Freaky Flyers was fun user

these fucking games user.

What about Virtual Bart

If you looked at Mighty Number 9, No Man's Sky, and Amrikrogg, that failure saved General Chaos from infamy.

What fucking standards?

HOLY SHIT.

Spy Fiction was fucking amazing.
But too short.

Neat. More anons who found Spy Fiction. Wonder if my thread a few months back helped.
If only they didn't ROYALLY FUCK UP THE LAST LEVEL the game would of been solid. Beat it once and can't do the other girls mission again.
Nothing to be scared about but those boss fights were fun in a weird way. Also I have guilt boner over the unlocked costume choices.

It's actually not that bad, but be prepared for a lot of loading screens, and they changed how your health worked. In the original you had a separate health bar around 100 for your legs, arms, head, and torso. In the ps2 version they combined it into one health pool for and changed the value to 400. It's fine enough, but it makes augs like the regenerating health really powerful.

Go fuck yourself so much, you fucking quadruple nigger.

Every time. If the likes of Mean Bean Machine and New Vegas are the most shit you've had to put up with then you've gotten off way too easily.

Here's something that's almost complete shit, but still enjoyable if only to see how ridiculously you can break the game.

Contrary to what the postmodern game pundits will tell, games do have objective qualities in their design. However, due to the subjective nature of people's enjoyment, there could be some element that attracts people to a game in spite of poor design - a certain mechanic it does well, the design of the levels, a writing, the soundtrack, etc. People are pretty good at putting up with some bad things just to get to the parts they enjoy - see everyone who "plays games for the story" even when they don't like the gameplay. However, the reverse effect is also possible. There could be a part of a ame that someone utterly despises in the game that it could completely turn them off of it, even if it is well-designed and they enjoy the gameplay.

Fucking loved General Chaos. Classic game for sure. Nothing more hilarious than everyone on the battlefield stopping the fighting to watch two guys punch it out. Winning by kicking a guy in the shin always sent my sides jetting.

Touch the Dead for the Nintendo DS.

It's stupid. I like it.

Damn, got so caught up in my reminiscing I forgot the point I wanted to make. Team Fortress 2 is pretty much everything I could've hoped for in a Gen Chaos modern day remake. Wouldn't be surprised if the devs didn't take more than a little inspiration from that game for their own.

I remember playing that demo about 15 years ago, could never remember what the game was. I've been looking for a couple of years now because I wanted to listen to the bandit song, I could never find what the game was called. Thanks OP

Console standard: Story, realism, cutscenes, automation and hype. The Witcher 3 and Last Of Us are examples

aw yeah

I had the demo when I was a kid and spent years saying that it existed.

You should have seen my face when I found out the name of the damn thing.

Skyrim's great loser fuck you

They didn't actually cut anything out of it

The biggest things they did were they redid all of the models, shrank some of the maps (like Liberty Island is something like 4 maps now), had some fairly lengthy loading screens and simplified things like logins and key codes (you can't just brute force guess the password. Once you find the password in the world it automatically activates it.) They simplified the health system into a health bar and simplified the inventory into just being able to only hold a certain amount of weapons.

It was basically as good as a console version of Deus Ex could be, especially since they didn't cut any actual content from the game in terms of sidequests, characters and missions. Apparently this was mostly because it was developed in Warren Spector's office like the PC game was and he oversaw development of it.

I've played through Deus Ex the Conspiracy a few times and I still kind of like it. It's not as good as the PC version but it could've been way, way, way worse.

Outside of big memory card saves, poor framerate, long load times and smaller maps, its actually good as far as console Deus Ex games go. Still had more fun with that than Human Revolution, especially since considering how the weak the PS2 is that this game is as close as it gets to Deus Ex.

God damn I loved Dog's life.

I don't think N64 Superman was fun. Now Superman arcade was something

I can understand why this game was critically panned(it was released a near DMC3 and is nowhere as good as it is) but its not really a bad game.

One was fucking cool OP

This is a good game fucked by localization, the FC version is actually a lot easier.

I love how almost all the early video game were based on a "hot" chick getting kidnapped

Dynasty Warriors.
all of them.
They're fun. i buy them the day they launch since dynasty warriors 2.

The soundtrack was god tier

Fuck you
It was the shit

Was it retro?

Dynasty Warriors: Gundam?

I wish it'd been a bit longer.
Best level was the one in the mechanical city.

It was supposed to be a modern remake, 3D and all that jazz.

Fucking Amagon!! Run out of ammo? use your gun to hit shit like a caveman

Man I liked big boss Nick Fury.

You mean every one?

U mad brah?

Worth a good laugh if you play it with friends.

Is the other way around, dummie

Had it as a kid, stupid godmother sold all games she didn't like when my cuck of a father gave her my genesis, after I was playing N64 and PS1. Many of those are worth money by now. Ooze was OK but not that great. Still hate that my father made me lose what amounts to over four thousand bucks, if I sold what I had on Genesis at the time, because he gave my old console away to someone who lacks any business understanding. Not to mention her shitty children, my cousins, whom she had with someone who would have been declared legally retarded 50 years ago, destroyed many of my old game guides and some controllers.

Still better than SF5 and SF4 even with it's problems

This one was terrible man, EX2 was a masterpiece and then this stinking turd came along.

I know EX2+ is better It's the best game in the series, that's why I didn't post it

Agreed Ex2 was better

Stick to the formula

It's an ugly version of Puyo Puyo that doesn't have the improved mechanics of Puyo Puyo 2.

Don't worry, I can play that game too.
The soundtrack is kek awful by today's standards, and the gameplay was repetitive, but hey, everyone likes bikes.

is that the game where if you go too far out of the map you just get thrown off your bike at super high speeds?

Why Grim Dawn? While not Diablo 2, gave was more than decent in delivering the ARPG gameplay.

Who the fuck ever said these game were shit aside from you, OP?
Great, now I can't find the Meganon pic edit I made some time ago
Genesis could make sum chunky ass tunes. And this is coming from a Nintendo kid.
youtube.com/watch?v=MRxgL1UGF4A

DE ANDECHUTH O BAYU BIWWY

Loved this game

These games are fuckin' mess, but, goddamn it, they are fun as fuck.

I can understand the other two, but how can anyone find Spec Ops as fucking fun? It was the most generic, humdrum shit I've ever played.

Isn't it specifically made to be not fun?

But user it was only ironically generic.

It's the only game I know where I'm cleansing the Earth of 3rd mudslimes.

I believe I had to fight the camera too much during boss fights. Some camera angles were locked at a specific distance and you had to cheese some fights to win. Id say greatest mess up were that some comboes were pointless to use and unlocking comboes through collectables is annoying.

Space Engineers
It's Early Access, it's got not endgame or proper goals, and it's horribly unoptimized. Also survival mode is shit.
It makes up for it by it's potential for making stuff. Programmable blocks that run C# and different grids that can connect to each other make it a great sandbox for contraptions. It's like Minecraft's Redstone but much more powerful.

It is, if you're not a torney autist.

Paradox shit.

Maybe just maybe he enjoys shooting faggots in the head, i don't know. Have you ever considered that others might find something fun that you don't? I think that Spec Ops is fun too.

or maybe he was facetious you triggered faggot?

Chaos Legion and Dragon's Dogma, both from Crapcom.

The artstyle is neat, I never got into puyo puyo, I don't find the appeal, only that version.

The difficulty curve was quick on this

this was fun

I think he is trying to communicate?

Kek

Shit due to the bizarre jittering that happens with every mouse movement and lack of a crosshair.
The game itself is absolutely one of my favourites in recent years, though.

fun for maybe 5 seconds

Shallow as fuck but a fun hack n slash nonetheless.

#1 Oh I remember that boob all to well