Switch is a Weeb Machine?

Is this 1995? Is this the SNES? What's going on? Did Nintendo just say "Fuck it, anime & Mario helps the 3DS, it'll keep the Switch afloat"

1. Octopath Travelers
2. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
3. Tales
4. I Am Setsuna
5. Disgaea 5
7. Two Fire Emblem games on the way in addition to others for the mobile phone and 3DS exclusively
8.Dragon Quest 11
9. Dragon Quest Heroes 1 & 2
10. Shin Megami Tensei
11. DB: Xenoverse

Other urls found in this thread:

3ds.guide/
i.imgur.com/eXqX1iO.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yeah but now they will just become a mix beetween their handhelds and consoles, neither great at either, and with the hate for their censoring also catching wind among weebs, i really hope this is the blunder that will make nintendo drop consoles and become a 3rd party dev.

Honestly, does Nintendo hate money? Just think about the mad cash they would make releasing a PC version of MK8 with online and mods in place.

Nintendo haters, everyone.

I don't expect that to be the case as much as I'd be OK with that, Nintendo did say they'd close their doors & take the IPs with them, should they fail at video games.

They want the vita market

As a Vita owner, this and region free appeals to me massively.

give it to me staight Holla Forums is the switch replacing the 3ds, I bought a new 3ds last month and I hope I didn't waste money again

You've got another year at least. It's worth owning if you hack it.

Yeah but it has the the "new" in it. I was reading some article saying they still want to do a lot with it since they made some upgrades "new" 3ds xl.

Either way I just want more fire emblem games

3ds.guide/

It pales in comparison to Vita. Git gud, normalfag.

Yes it's replacing it. Remember the death of the GBA

This is a dumb statement to make. If Nintendo's intention was to pander to the fanbase for their own IP's and to dish out cheap to make Japanese third party software that caters to a mostly niche demographic of gamers, the Switch already is succeeding in doing just that so far.

Only NoA censors games and the Switch is region free because Nintendo decided to capitulate to consumer demand for it.

Nintendo technically is now both third party and first party since they are working with Android and Apple to release their mobile games for their operating systems. Also, the head of the X-Box division of Microsoft says he's a huge Nintendo fan and would like to collaborate with them on projects, so the idea of a Microsoft Nintendo collaboration with Nintendo still making consoles it's own consoles is not impossible, especially since the market Nintendo is struggling to capture most right now is the American market and X Box cannot for the life of itself capture the Japanese market where Nintendo is still a major player.

I could see Nintendo deciding to make consoles even as they branch out and collaborate with other companies on various projects related to and not related to consoles.

This

I might be inclined to have interest in the likes of more Tales (though it ought to be noted that every main series Tales has been on Sony systems or found its way onto them eventually) and XC2, but between NoA/Treehouse being heavily prone towards censorship and shit like paid online, I don't have much hope in the system. Time will tell if it will be worth getting; two games (possibly censored ones at that) of potential interest should not a purchase of a new system make, especially at release.

Depends on if they're running it as a "third pillar" and it proves successful enough to demolish the old line of systems, the way the DS did to the Game Boy line.

Fire Emblem Warriors is coming out for the Switch and the NEW Nintendo 3ds only so I guess they've decided to finally get to using that upgrade.

Oh god pls no

NoA are the only ones hiring localizers that censor here, not the whole company.

Something to note; it seems likely that NoE are the ones translating Xenoblade 2. So that's good.

That's what I'm thinking, it's just going to be a shitty graphics switch, and switch is going to be a good graphics ds, which makes me think they're going to phase out the 3ds soon. But then again the 3ds is still carrying nintendo sales by a mile

pls no, I just spent 200 bucks on this thing. pls everyone don't buy switch yet, do it for me

If anything I would think that it has a better chance of overtaking the Wii U. Depends on how much they're actually going to try to make it cater to the handheld crowd. Might be remembering wrong but what I saw people discussing of the battery life in trying to use the Switch as a handheld it sounded pretty poor.

Provide proof. Also, considering NoE decided to sandnigger some of the characters in that 3DS Style Savvy game, I don't have much faith in them even if they handled XC Wii just fine.

Well, technically Nintendo still hasn't made it clear that they're discontinuing the Wii U.

And there's no way Nintendo is just going to discontinue the 3DS when it's probably making more money than the PS4. More than likely, the Switch will be a Nintendo 64 or Gamecube in terms of success (which is still much better than being a Wii U) selling within its four to five year lifespan at least double the Wii U, but it won't be successful enough I think to warrant canceling the much cheaper production and more profitable sale of a lower end budget handheld like the 3DS. Nintendo has never really been like that. People will say they canceled the GBA, but they actually tried to keep the GBA afloat by continuing to issue the GBA SP and producing the Micro and games were still coming for the GBA and gradually tapering off for at least two years after the original DS was released, but the problem was that the DS eventually outpaced the GBA and most developers moved to the DS over time, leaving little point to making a GBA successor. Nintendo didn't abandon the GBA so much as the consumers and developers abandoned it for the DS (which could play GBA games anyway).

We have a bit of a different situation here where the Switch is not backwards compatible with the 3DS and appears to be its complimentary, high end, spoiled little brother rather than it's replacement in the market place. And there's still uncertainty about how the Switch will perform. Depending on how it performs, it may be more profitable for Nintendo to keep a budget handheld and a high end handheld home console hybrid on the market and just create a separate 3DS successor.

No "proof", but one of the bong VAs that worked on Xenoblade has been teasing that they might be on Xenoblade 2, and since NoA have been busy with Breath of the Wild and now this new Fire Emblem game, it wouldn't surprise me if the work load was distributed so NoE was on Xenoblade 2 duty.

Keep in mind that NoA didn't touch Xenoblade X either, they actually pushed it out onto 8-4. They don't seem to want to touch the series themselves.

They allow it to perpetuate

NoA is in charge of the American market. If Reggie or Treehouse go up to NoJ and tell them that they need to change this or that for the American release in order for it to sell in North America, than the Japanese don't exactly argue nor do they have a place to argue because they're not the "experts" on what their American consumers want.

It's the responsibility of Nintendo of America to hold itself accountable and not flat out lie to their bosses just so some people who want to get paid for doing extra unnecessary work get more cash for making games less appealing to their target demographics (I heard that Treehouse works on commission for how much work they actually do in the process of localization, which means they might be changing stuff more for extra money than some SJW political agenda)

Fair enough
All we can do is wait and see if the rumor that NoA will be put on a tighter leesh is true.

I get the feeling that region freedom was a sly way of just telling NoA that NoJ is in charge and that Americans want glorious Nippon games

I can't wait to see if this truly is a new age if Nintendo or not. The anticipation is killing me.

Not only is the switch a retarded decision for people who want to play some fucking games on their game console, it's a retarded business decision. First off the Wii U was already a retarded idea, but then they decide to prematurely kill it because it was a flop so their idea is to double down on the retardation, make a console that's even worse and then use it to kill their successful moneymaker.
I think nintendo is purposefully trying to get out of business by putting out retarded procuts because for whatever reason they don't want the bad PR of "we're killing everything we made so far to blow what it's worth in hookers and blackjack"

They're explicitly continuing the 3DS line in case the Switch is a flop, user.

Yeah, that's what happened to the GBA.
Even if they do, it's still going to kill the 3ds. Guess what happens when you put out a new toy that goes in the same market your old toy goes?

found the goons

Right now, Nintendo seems to be interesting in working with various partners for a lot things.

Nintendo and Microsoft teaming up against Sony is not impossible here. Both companies are competing against Sony and both have less sales than Sony. Nintendo is in desperate need of more help in its ability to reach out to the much larger and more diverse American consumers. And Nintendo can possibly help Microsoft's consoles get a foothold in the Japanese market finally. This might seem weird considering the nature of console wars, but it's not like there's a rule that says every game company must compete fiercely with the other and so if there are three, each one has to see the other two as opponents. It's kind of obvious Microsoft/X-Box right now is looking at Nintendo more like a potential partner given recent comments by Phil Spencer as well as his and other senior X-Box staff's positive reactions to Nintendo's Switch conference.

I thought XCX was 8-4 in conjunction/with oversight from NoA/Treehouse, rather than whored out entirely to 8-4.

The difference here is that the Switch cannot play 3ds games, whereas the DS could play gbs games. One was a very clear successor.

Are you stupid? Ask yourself. Why did Nintendo cancel the GBA in the first place. Companies don't discontinue products that are still making plenty of money, they discontinue products that make less money or which are projected to not make as much money because of the projected figures of another product.

For starters, the 3DS is a handheld console while the Switch is still technically a home console in addition to be a handheld. GBA and DS were both handhelds and thus were competing in a sense with one another for the same general demographic.

The GBA was discontinued because it was more profitable to do so since the DS took off and became a huge success and because the DS was backwards compatible with the GBA, which remained the case well into the years of the DS Lite and the last few games for the GBA came out in like 2007. Not to mention the GBA Micro, which didn't take off because most consumers simply bought a DS which could play both console's libraries or an SP.

The only console the Switch can reasonably replace is the Wii U at this point because almost ANY console Nintendo can dish out at this point is likely to do better than the Wii U, but Nintendo still hasn't issued a statement regarding what's going to happen with the Wii U even. The Switch will only replace the 3DS and the Wii U if it makes enough money that Nintendo finds it reasonable to just keep all their eggs in one basket, but the if the 3DS continues to make money than the Switch, which it mostly likely even if the Switch sells well, the 3DS will remain and likely have its own successor. Another edge the 3DS has is that it's games are exclusive to its hardware, which means that consumers must purchase a 3DS to play 3DS games

are PC gamers all this retarded?

Fact: All non-weeb shit games and franchises would be instantly be made good by weeabooising it i.imgur.com/eXqX1iO.jpg Is the image upload broken again?

you disgust me

Nintendo of America fucked up with the Wii U, really bad. And even Reggie in some recent interviews sounds like he admits that and is trying to make up for it. They're all smiles on the screen, but there were probably some heated words and pointing fingers going on behind closed doors

Nintendo handhelds always had high weeb support, and the Switch is a handheld, cleverly disguised as a console.
Not that I think that's a bad thing. It's probably the smartest move they've made in years.

That's Mario Kart, not Mortal Kombat.

Business man of the year, here.

Kek, i was trying to understand what the fuck he meant with nintendo doesn't own mario until now.

That could also just mean that Microsoft wants Nintendo to work on a new Banjo Kazooie

It would be helpful for them to be in good graces with Microsoft if they plan on ever releasing a mini N64.

You make it sound like video games aren't exclusively made by Japan these days.

Gaming is pretty much dominated by the West now

Go back to Reddit son.

Cucked Japanese beta NEETs killed videogames. The age of manly will NEVER EVER come back.

I wish.

Jesus you shills are desperate. Fuck off.