RE7 just came out

Can someone explain to me why Resident evil fans are so butt hurt over so called a realism?
residentevil.wikia.com/wiki/Bio-real

residentevil.wikia.com/wiki/Resident_Evil_7_ghost_sightings

Other urls found in this thread:

residentevil.wikia.com/wiki/Bio-real
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Well in the original RE the reveal or twist of the game was that the Zombies were not actually supernatural but a product of a Biochemical corporation's experiments into creating biological weapons.

RE was never about the supernatural but man made horrors and experiments going too far or Spanish people trying to take over the world with alien parasites. It was more rooted in science fiction than supernatural.

>residentevil.wikia.com/wiki/Bio-real
That's a whole lot of not a source you've provided, OP

This is the incessant muddying of everything until all is the same stew of piss and shit because they have no idea what boundaries are and enjoy every bit of pop cult faggotry jammed in their empty fucking simpleton heads.

So is the game good? Like what Gone Home should have been?

Well they were going to have ghost or wraiths or something in the original version RE4. I have always wanted to play that build.

Because it's not realism, it's theme and flavor you retard. Having defacto ghosts and supernatural elements flies in the face of physics defying mad science gone wrong.

I didn't even know RE7 was announced

We're not the 24th.

actually, that just gave me a really cool idea for a small scale game. Take that mechanic of ghosts popping up but only for a second, and revolve an entire game around it. You only get so much camera footage, and the goal is to catch multiple sightings of a ghost or paranormal phenomenon that you have to review after the level and find the things you caught. If you mark them you get points to potentially go to the next level.

basically, pokemon snap with ghosts.

So a comfier fatal frame?

It's not out until next week you fucking mouth breather.

that would have been a better comparison, yes.

They're rotting flesh with no dire need of sustenance to fuel them even though they can overpower trained military personnel. Their energy comes from something as supernatural as ghosts.
It's just gotta be explained in a way relating to experiments by Umbrella, no matter how outlandish. If they don't bother explaining it, fuck that shit. It does look like some spooky ethereal shit, but I hope it's more than that. There's only so many kinds of zombies that can be created by [Insert Letter Here]-Virus. I don't mind them branching out as long as they keep the same standard as they did (prior to 5, not including Zero).

Leaks have been coming out you dumb fucking slow retard.

Can you explain paratrooper rifle-wielding zombies trained in military tactics?

Leaks say the ghosts are fakes made by the antagonist that's infected by the usual super zombie virus

If I can figure out a way to crop the video so it doesnt go 12MB I'll post the ending.

Silent Hill does not have parallel dimensions.

T and G virus are the only good viruses in the entire series. Everything else is retarded.

They are most likely psychic projections from some evolved organism, mark my words.
Like, in the basement of the house, there's gonna be a massive flesh thing on the corner that projects ghosts based on memories it has (possibly for the people it "integrated").
It's military potential comes from free scouting that can go through walls, see more shit than usual and spook people.

Zombie apocalypse is stupid as fuck though for the reason you mentioned. Zombies have to eat but their source of sustenance is also the carrier for the virus, so they'd run out of "food" very very fast. And considering the energy required to treck as much as they usually do searchinf for newer prey, comparing it to how much you can get out of a pound of flesh (and how inneficient this is) there's no way an epidemic could ever break out or even move past the small town it generated from.

But SH1/3 and SH2/4 aren't connected

None of those have parallel dimensions.
That shit started with non- Team Silent SH games.

The plagas parasite is an intelligent organism that laid dormant in Spanish territory. Midget Napoleon was putting them into human hosts so the parasites could serve has his personal army. At the end of RE4, Ada Wong grabs the plagas parasite and presumably takes it to Umbrella, or some other equally shady organization, and they conduct research on how to genetically engineer it to be even more powerful and evil and shit. So, there you go. The parasite retains all of the knowledge of the human host; if you put them inside of trained soldiers, then you're gonna get infected mercenary soldiers who use their warfare tactics to try and kill anyone who stands in their way.

Leaks already say this is true

But the T and G virus keep the cells alive and actually cause mutations. RE Zombies haven't been dead for that long for their bodies to decay.

They also attack in swarms in RE2 and 3. In the original RE they were just attacking campers and probably creeped up on people who were alone.

Because what was special about the original Resident Evil, was the twist at the end: the classic horror story was revealed to be science fiction. And the game featured hilariously cheesy live action fmvs and acting, which unwillingly strenghtened the idea of watching an old Hammer b-movie.

Which is a dark take on the gimmick from Ghostbusters. There you have science winning over superstition, and here's science underlying the dark tales of old.

Now ya'll add ghosts 'n sheeit because spergs and streamers complained about muh immershun, so we got jumpscares from actual motherfucking ghosts which were never part of the series' dna.

They don't need sustenance, and corpses can already be extremely decayed and still function (Graveyard zombies in RE1). The lore reason is that their brains are burned out and all they know how to do anymore is eat, and they have an endless hunger than can never be sated.
Well, that was the original idea behind the T-Virus. It was supposed to be a bio-terror weapon unleashed behind enemy lines to demoralize and or destroy an enemy without endlessly spreading. Unfortunately they had an outbreak at the manor before they were able to work out the bugs with the whole "zombies need to die out" thing.

Don't be ridiculous, they have got to be burning energy in one form or another to actually move, muscles don't move on their own.
And that's not even getting into the circulatory system, where the heart probably doesn't work anymore and they have no blood to pump due to all the bleeding. How do the cells get oxygen and energy to actually work?

The idea that the virus infects the brain, much like cholera, and keeps it with basic instincts for survival as well as providing the nervous signals that get the muscles going is pretty good, especially at explaining the "headshot = dead". But it doesn't answer how they stay active and move about.
Only solution would be if the cells are changed by the virus to eat something else like themselves, but that'd result in a faster decay rate.

I can buy the idea of using it as a chemical weapon since it's a very effective one, and even that they detect what corpses are infected and don't consume those. But to argue or present an actual epidemic where they travel miles and spread it somewhere else when they simply can't get enough sustenance to "survive" the journey, that doesn't make any sense.

That's just something you've got to suspend your disbelief for, since like most of the virus mechanics in series are functionally magic.

(OP)
Resident Evil is basically JoJo of B-horror at best, and I genuinely think they should embrace that role.

What are you doin, user?

Fixing formatting? You should do the same.

This isn't reddit, just roll with your mistakes.

Resident Evil is not Fatal Frame.

why did you quote me

If someone can make a webm, I couldnt manage to get one without going over 12MB

www.hownew.ru

that's nice

Ah crap used the wrong privacy option, should be available now user.

i-i like jojo

I'll give it a shot, not promising anything though.

Why

Cuckchan since 05, cripple since 1st exodus.

How about you?

That doesn't mean it's out stupid.
It's leaked, but not out

Somewhere around same times, though I don't identify by the websites I use. It's more about how you behave anywhere. Usually newfags are the ones who try too hard by enforcing different faggotry-rules and "reddit-spacing" and whatever else, in the meantime causing a lot of unnecessary ruckus.

I like it too. What I'm saying that Resident Evil has a certain tongue-in-cheek element to it what makes Resident Evil what it is.

It's the not the greatest, but better than nothing.

RE fan base- "OH MY GOD! SO SCARY!"

RE was always science fiction. This is much less so.
If you care, you're a fucking idiot because there are way worse things to criticize the franchise over and the problems have probably been on this earth longer than the current fanbase.

Normally I'd agree with you, but deleting posts is really fucking annoying.

Everything got leaked by Russians, and a few anons got copies early.
You'll never guess who appears at the end :^)

Why are you niggers caring about RE7 when you could be enjoying RE6, which comes out on Thursday as well.
It will be better, and I'll have fun,

It's not like RE lore was ever good or consistent so why care?

What? RE6 released in 2012.

He's talking about the next live-action movie. I haven't watched one since the third, and even that was only in the background. I wonder how fucking horrible they are now.

I spent a whole year trying to replicate the T virus, my basic idea was to combine it with the mitochondria from Parasite Eve to produce energy directly in the muscles.

B-but

GHOSTS ARE HOT

Oh, that. The only thing that caught my eye about the trailer was that Iain Glen was in it, which makes me wonder just how far GoT has fallen if that's the kind of shit his agent is getting for him. Still better than Dinklage getting cast in Pixels, what a disgrace

She's a fighter.

So will RE7 have the same god-fucking awful splitscreen than 5-6 had? Seriously, who thought that was a fucking good idea?

I'm pretty sure they trashed split screen.

The "demo" is stated to be a drug induced hallucination.

Couch coop really is going the way of the fucking dodo.

I'm really surprised the indie scene hasn't jumped on this gap in the market.

Last time I tried to play couch co-op, I asked the guy at fucking EB Games if Dead Space 3 had couch co-op or just online co-op. He said yes. Bought it, then realized it didn't support local multiplayer.
Since then, it's just been party games like Samurai Gunn and Nidhogg.
I might've hoped the indies would get to it a few years ago, but I don't even have anyone to play with anymore.

That's a goddamn movie, not a video game.

That could work actually. You could easily expand it too. Have sightings that only show up on camera after recording, allow the player to review and delete footage on the fly with a time limit cost. You could even do a daytime prep section where you have the player get used to the layout and set up stationary cameras and learn the lore of the ghost.

You could even go full bore and have levels where literally nothing happens except creaky floorboards and bad wiring, a house that is a hoax or a home where it's a person and not a ghost.

Holla Forums doesn't know it, but those films are pure kino.
They don't follow much of the game plots, but Anderson writes it really well, mostly because he enjoys video games and didn't want to make a 1:1 adaptation when you could just play the games for the same story.

He made Event Horizon, so you have to indulge yourself and just watch them.

Best of all:
NO GHOSTS

What is that?

Holla Forums spam

The worst meme to ever exist.
Second place goes to the shitty fast food memes they're pushing right now.
Third is allowing those Holla Forums goons to keep posting.

Cinematic perfection.

I think it's hilarious that Holla Forums insists they're a good board.

They do? I couldn't find anyone not screaming cuck every post.

They insist they're good and filled with Holla Forums, then they are all ironically Holla Forums and can't tell shills from ironic anons.

Then they tell everyone they're the best board for memes and the last bastion of good posters, while everyone laughs at them.

Anyone got screencaps of the Holla Forums thread where we made fun of them? I've only got the Holla Forums and Holla Forums threads.

Watching this, I thought up a great way to explain away the ghosts in resident evil fashion; It was all holograms and smoke and mirror shit, it was never actual ghosts. The zombie afterwards is fine, but the ghost part is fucking dumb. Okay the zombie monster turning into an apostle makes no sense, but it can at least be said that it's made out of a bunch of cells that continued to grow after death, which has always been a zombie thing. The first person shit also pisses me off though because it's getting further and further away from RE 1-3.

It was probably made to cash in on wake of silent hills cancellation

Zoinks.

What Redfield is this? Chris? Why would he work for Umbrella?

Does he even lift?

Umbrella plant.
Doesn't look like Chris at all, more like HUNK.

I guess?
The only redfields we know are chris and claire, and never has it been mentioned to be another sibling.

So thats why he disapeared until code veronica.

pls post it

m u h r e a l i s m

Within the rules of the world it works, fago, and las plagas or whatever it's called was made out of parasites, which is other full body, living things, meaning those weird bug features are completely reasonable for a zombie bug to deform into. What about that is unrealistic within the rules of zombie world?
Now I know this is bait for how ghosts could be possible, but there are probably retards ITT who think so too, so what about dead cells coming back to life would allow for a spirit to come about? There's no scientific way to say that an actual ghost is feasible in the RE canon.

That's not a grotesque hunk of fleshy mass, that's a fucking centipede.

Guess you don't know whack about dimensions then. Well it goes a little something like this:

Consciousness is the only thing a person has to go by
But if they're fucking mental, is what they see a lie?
But it's quite impossible for other people to die
If the monsters and the scary town are only in your mind.
This is where my good friend HP comes around
He'll show you the physics of a Lovecraftian town
You see madness comes from monsters, not the other way around
The monsters are just as real as Dahlia's ghastly frown.
But when you go to Silent Hill with happiness in your heart,
It becomes your special place, a sunny walk in the park.
It's only when the darkness inside of you pulls to them,
Valtiel turns the hellish cranks, and the real fun begins.
They lie in wait in the dark world waiting for a chance to invade our own
The more powerful they get, the more world they can roam.
And yet the best part is, it's only scary to a coward
To people like Claudia, their love gives her great power.
Silent Hill is many things to many different people,
It's as loving as a mother, or horribly evil.
But if it was just a person's psychosis,
Why would the town drag so many people in?
The whole thing's actually there, parallel dimensions are real,
Now if you'll excuse me, I've an Abstract Daddy to kill.

????

why did I even woke up this morning

what are hallucinations

This guy gets it.

Speaking of which, a terrifying bio-weapon would be one where the infectee turns into a horrifying killing machine yet actually thinks they are just living a really good life. The dissonance between what they mutter and what they actually do would probably be demoralizing to the enemy, and the best part for the company that made it? They don't have to bear as much guilt because the fucker is living the good life and it's the enemy of the guys that bought the damn beastie that are dying instead.

That's the beginning of Dead Space Extraction.
Which isn't very good

And nobody gives a fuck, lol.

It tells you on the back of the case if it has local multiplayer or not dongus.

no it didnt
no theyre not, its the baker wife pulling invisibility shit to screw with the protag, which is nothing new in resident evil.

Sorry, I didn't tell the story properly. My friend was the one who went into the store. He told me what had happened once we tried to play.

Another user who can't read.

I recognize that rat.

Back to Cuckchan /ts4g/

When will they learn that this shit doesn't work in anything else but TV-shows where the continuation happens next week, while in gaming people will have to wait years for the sequel (which doesn't necessarily even happen)?

Honestly I didn't even know RE7 was being made. This thread is the first I remember hearing of it.

Nigga, you aren't even the ID I replied to. Even then, that sentence is incredibly awkward and I salvaged the best I could from it.

Is THAT the rat what left those memos in RE?

Also what the fuck, I thought people datamined the final release of the demo and found out that the final boss was Albert Wesker

Gtfo Crapcom. Ever since Shinji Mikami, Kamiya and the others left for Platinum, Capcom has been creatively bankrupt. Case in point, the first time I played Bayonetta in 2011 at a friends place, I could have sworn it was a Capcom game. Turns out it was a Platinum game and I'm left wondering why that is. All the creative force bailed on Capcom ages ago. Look at Platinum's Anarchy Reigns, Vanquish, etc. While not what you would call blockbusters, they have style and grace in spades. And before Platinum, it was Clover with Okami, Viewtiful Joe, Devil May Cry, among countless others. The former Capcom guys over at Platinum are behind nearly every succesful game Capcom has ever made, with the rare exception of Mega Man and Street Fighter games.

Whatever these Jap jews are trying to do, it will ALWAYS backfire. Remember Lost Planet 3? DmC? RE5? New Dead Rising games? Megaman Legends 3? There are probably others I'm forgetting, but it's clear that Capcom hasn't got a clue as to what the fuck they are doing. They either cannibalize actually good game series, or just fucking sit on the rights.

FUCK Capcom and FUCK zombie goasts.

As a big fuck you to Capcom, Bayonetta was filled with SEGA references everywhere.

That was pretty cool actually, because I played the shit out of Afterburner 2. Hearing the remixed AB2 theme song in the game was a serious blast from the past for me. Platinum may be the underdog and their games are for a very specific audience, but they know what makes a video game tick. They actually try and improve on past formulas. They take risks and that is what makes their games fun.

Now that you mention it. Wasn't STARS a special police force made to fight against cults and sects almost like if they were Mulder and Skully?

If I'm not wrong that is the actual canon. Raccoon City zombies were decaying faster as the police chief in Resident Evil 2 said. So the disease spread too fast for the zombies to be consumed by its own consumption.

dude spoiler that pls ffs

I almost shit my pants