Your backlog, have you finished it?

Hi there user finish that backlog yet?

no, but I'm working on it since nothing worthwhile is coming out

Backlogs don't make any sense. If you don't like a game 3 hours in, what the hell makes you think you'll like the game 10 hours in? Things don't work that way, and there is no game that does that.

Just because humans have the instinctual urge to gain a sense of closure to something, doesn't mean that you should waste your time on something you don't like. How about instead of wasting tens of hours on games you don't like, you just leave the game a bad review, open the logo in Paint and draw a big red X on it? How's that for closure?

Never gonna happen, most videogames suck.

you do know acquired taste is a thing right? I spent 8 hours on 7.62 hard life before it became actually fun

What the hell do you think a backlog is?

Nowhere near, my friend. Such is the curse of obtaining booty daily, you can never plunder it all.

I'm working on it okay, it takes time, understood?

You might as well call it Stockholm Syndrome at that point.

Looking at a flash drive with 4 Japanese VNs on it.

These things take time.

VNs are not games, just Powerpoints.

Nope, and it just keeps getting bigger. Though I am actually having to wait on adding Xak: The Art of the Visual Stage for the SFC to it, as even though it got fan translated recently, the guys behind it are saying it needs a slight bugfix on their end (which they surmise will be a v1.1 patch).

I don't think you understand what backlogging is.

And? They're in my backlog which was the question OP posed.

This is the Holla Forumsideogames board, son.

and Mark, the Board Owner, says VNs are games. So you have no leg to stand on besides calling him a Jew faggot which in most instances is fine.

A backlog is a list of games you plan to play, not a list of games you played a little bit dropped, and plan to play later you retarded niggerjew.

Know a program that can mount swan song and such properly? All the ones I came across seemed to sketchy for me to install.

Oh i sure enjoy all that gameplay while pressing the spacebar to read more poorly written dialogue overlaid over shitty moe CG

No you retard that is part of what makes a backlog. Example. I play GAME for about 2 hours, enjoy it but I don't have the time to go and play it again for a bit. I file it in my backlog because that's what a backlog is for.

No i'm not finished with that backlog and i will never will be! So stop checking up on me!

I sure do enjoy hitting the 'e' button to perform action or clicking my mouse button to also perform action.

and then you come back to it weeks or months later and restart from the beginning, right? You don't just keep a long list of games you incrementally play one hour at a time. So "a list of games I played for a little bit but didn't complete" and "a list of games I haven't played" are functionally identical

Are you a nigger? There're only some circumstantial cases where this should happen.

Not really a backlog but I've started playing my old copy of Diablo 2 again, trying to remember the Aura Paladin spec I used to have.

No, Spongebob. I don't have a backlog.

I've been working on it, thankfully. I've been taking the "beat a game every week" challenge, it's helpful to get me to actually finish shit.

My backlog is as finished as it can be. Last one was AM2R, or something "another metroid remake". It was good fun for 8 hours.

Semi-unfinished is DS2 expansions. Way better than the original, and multiplayer is extremely funny. At least in the brume tower. Now going to the frozen one.

fug

Not even close. I am, however, simultaneously reading through 2 different VNs that came out recently, and finally finishing the first two Ys games, then Origins, which are the only 3 I haven't finished yet.

Die

(checked)
I either have this problem, or
>Lose my save in a reinstall and have to start all over again
This has happened to me more times than I'd like to admit.

fug

You two should bone

Got to just stick with maybe one console (or PC, I suppose) and one handheld game at a time, especially if they're games of the longer sort. Otherwise you jump around and make a bit of progress in everything, but overall make no real progress in finishing anything.

Anons in this thread seem to have vidya commitment issues. Like holyshit, have any of you fags ever beat a game before? Was it only because you were younger and didn't have access to as much vidya, thus stopping you from having a flavor of the like ritual addiction like most normalfags who puss out halfway through games they claim are amazing and spent 60 bux on?

Flavor of the month*

Yeah, I do manage to beat games. But there's a ton of worthwhile shit I missed out on in past generations (had some access to video games when I was young, but really not much, so there' a lot of systems, as well as games on systems I did have, that I never got to play), so even if I clear through some stuff, and mostly ignore current generation games, it still remains fucking huge.

Plus, ease of downloading and emulation of games on older systems means that for those there's nothing like money potentially being a limiter on how big a backlog of those gets.

Somewhat, yeah. But even when I got my own PC and started pirating vidya I managed to stick to games for quite a long time. Hell I played UT2k4 offline against bots for ages because I couldn't play online and it didn't bother me one bit.

I chalk a lot of it up to most modern games being shit.

Well yeah, when I was a kid I used to be able to commit to games, but I still always wanted my parents to get me new games, I took what I could get.
Steam sale prices made it way too easy to get a lot of games at once. I've got like 400+ titles on steam no bully and I haven't bought a game in over 3 years from doing backlog stuff.

I'm not attack the size of backlogs. Make 'em as big as you want. I attacking this non-commitment to vidya some anons are showing. Like fucking casuals.

I keep telling myself I'll stop playing Dragon's Dogma and get to the rest of my back catalog but it hasn't stopped being fun.

Just started a playthrough of DS2 recently as well. Made it into a coop run of the game with a friend and we're at the last DLC (Elyum loyce IIRC). Pretty fun but the combat is slower than I thought it would be but at least it's better than anything DS3 had to offer. Gotta get him to pick up DeS as well.
I'm also trying to get a few GameCube games off of my backlog since I got a free Wii recently and I softmodded it. for GC I'm almost done with Starfox Adventures and I'll probably start a co-op run of Hunter: the Reckoning.

I've learned that the moment you are most interested in a game are the times you come across it naturally. If at that point you put it off, why make a commitment? Just jot its name down and only look at that list until you are actually ready to play something else. Saying "I'll play this someday" is just fucking yourself over.

You must be of the easily amused type.

Thinking of playing it on PC this time and get to Bitterblack Isle, because I didn't on PS3, but I'm reluctant to play through the story again.

Have fun with those deer in the blizzard.

Physically can't. Most of it is packed away or the systems have broken and yet to be fixed.

Nope, and I never will.

That doesn't exactly help considering I'm emulating games up to the PS2 era, causing my backlog to increase exponentially.

Backlogs are pointless because most highly praised games are boring as fuck. Better to just randomly take a shot at whatever fucking game you hear about and see if you don't get bored 30 minutes in.

Not possible, since I really want to play most games from every generation from the 360 and ps3 down.

Does anyone have a good backlog torrent, I have no back log because I put over a thousand hours ind my favorite games

Don't really have a backlog for games but I have quite a backlog of books that I intend to read cover-to-cover but somehow I never do. They've piled up on my nightstand next to my bed. I would have read them all if I didn't waste time playing vidya shit posting.

No, it's getting longer. I always end up dedicating all of my free time to some skinnerbox MMO for a few months, get burned out, play a real game or two then repeat the cycle.

just saying it because it's true.

Danganronpa and Stella Glow on the backlog. I just feel the next bits with them are monumentous enough that I need to be in the zone to clear them. I'll probably just put on a podcast and force my way through the rest, with how detached I feel I've gotten.

Im in the last legs of Stella Glow, the game itself is great other than it taking fucking forever to get to the next turn. If an enemy isnt going to move that turn, it should skip over them.
Another thing is that there is nothing meaningful to equipment, its just buy the most expensive thing and call it a day. I think the difficulty in later levels makes up for it because i found myself really struggling in an arc where you go after the bad guys to get plot item.

Lisette best girl

Daily reminder that books are far superior to vidya in every way.

I've been finding that as video games get shittier, I am drawn more to books than anything. Either that or I'm getting old.
It's comfy as fuck to use and I can pirate all the books I want now. I even got the ads removed for free.

Still workin' on it… gradually getting closer to… having started all the games I've got sitting there unplayed.

That's what I get for listening to Holla Forums

Yeah okay, blame Holla Forums. You faggot.