Rhythm Games

What are some good rhythm games? Considering pic related, is there enough content to justify a playthrough? Future Tone looks good, but no PS4. Rhythm thief looks like it's pretty fun, but overpriced.

Rhythm Thief is great, glad I picked it up when I did.

It's not getting a sequel so just pirate it, I say.

Megamix is good. It's got a fuckton of content, and a few silly cutscenes. As far as I know it only got a physical release in the EU though, so good luck finding a cart if you want that.
The Vita has Superbeat: Xonic. It's pretty good. PC has Stepmania, which is worth checking out if you haven't before.

Elite Beat Agents

Although it's just Osu so if you've played Osu you've played EBA.

==DID SOMEONE SAY RHYTHM GAMES?==.

This, it is a fun game and given freeshop, easy to pirate.

Played EBA, solid game although I don't remember being impressed with the song selection (us version at least, don't know if there are differences)

I'm a fag that fell for the "pay for games in series you love" meme and RH hasn't shown a reason not to yet, is $30 a fair price? digital only sucks but oh well

Sounds about the amount I paid for my copy.
I usually buy all my vidya until the end of a console's life. That way the devs who worked throughout the console's life get their dues, and I get a fuckton of games to play while waiting for the next generation to be not shit.

I wouldn't say $30 is fair. Maybe $15 or less. If you are not going to pirate it, then maybe wait.

You get a physical copy? I'm jealous if so.

I'd really like to wait for a sale, but fucking nintendo never puts stuff on sale (if so jew sales like 10% that you have to buy with coins on their site), plus it released this summer didn't it?

It was released a few years ago.

If you've played the previous three installments then not really, otherwise yes. The new games are all pretty good though.

Was it really? I could've sworn it was summer 2016 for NA

Played ds and Fever

Go for it then, there's plenty of content from the GBA game.

I think he thought you were asking about Rhythm Thief. Rhythm Thief came out in 2012, around the same time as the Vita's launch.

Oh yeah, I remember reading about it. Must've sold pretty poorly for it to be selling for $50+ now

I've tried playing the GBA one on emulators but can never get far due to the shitty input lag

I played it not expecting much, but the new games are pretty great.

I played for rhythm game, got feels that hit too hard. Never again.

Yeah, it's a bit of a sad story. It wasn't marketed very well, pretty much the only reason that I knew about it was because of reading about it in Nintendo Power (RIP). It was $30 at launch, so it wasn't that it was a bad value either. It was easily one of the stronger 2012 releases, it just didn't sell well.

The game itself feels like a love letter to the Dreamcast-era of SEGA. It's got a very wacky tone, some awesome music, and a bunch of minigames that reference SEGA's history. Hell, there 2 versions of a Samba de Amigo rhythm game. Pretty sure there's something like Space Channel 5 as well.

So yeah, Dreamcast era SEGA + Professor Layton + Rhythm Heaven.

Yeah, there's a pair of minigames in there that are Space Channel 5 references, complete with the Chu and Hey prompts.

Space Channel 5 was great, just played it through for the first time. Shame there isn't more Ulala art

Was NP dead by then? I read about it in a magazine but for some reason I thought it was Nintendo Force (check it out if you havent)

I know it's impossible, but I'd love an open world rhythm fighter/bullet hell game with traps and catgirls.

your acc sucks

Most of the new minigames in Megamix feel a bit phoned in and uninspired compared to the last two games in the series.

Nah, NP wasn't dead at that point. They died around the Wii U's launch.

are there enough good old ones to make up for it?

Yup, looks like I still have the issue of NP that I read the preview in. Issue 272, pg. 12-13.

…is it wrong that this makes me, like, 10x angrier than anything else they've DMCA'd?

Do they just want them to be lost to time? I'm calling them releasing a compilation book sometime

just play osu, its free and people keep making beatmaps.

just play LR2/SM/KSM, they're free, people keep making charts, and they're not shit like osu

I'm interested

you must never check itch.io

hentai rhythm games when

That's nothing compared to fucking Elite Beat Agents

It sounds like a natural fit for the genre doesn't it?

A decent mixure of the previous games, plus some of its own, but too easy with the exception of red gatekeeper and some of the later challenge train stages. It's enjoyable though. All 3 regions are on freeShop if you want to try it out first. There's also a CIA of the GBA game (translation) floating around, and you can play the DS games (should you want to, fucking touchscreen gimmicks) with a flash card.

If none of that makes sense, get to hacking your 3DS it's well worth it!

Thanks for the info user, I think I'd like it since I played the ds one (fuck touch controls) and fever. I also want to support the devs, so I guess I'll have to fork over 30

I imported the game for similar reasons. Still, hack your 3DS. It doesn't disqualify you from using eShop or cartridges if that's your want.

Also what I really miss from RT:TB+ is hard mode variants of some of the earlier games, like the robot fueling one. You get a few in the final tower. Also they added some pathetic easy mode variants of older games. The two challenge train stages with Warioware characters are fun though, especially tapdance Ashley

Also play the GBA game if you haven't.

it was shit before people found out it was spyware and it's shit after.

make rhythm games great again

Which firmware/method did you use?

stepmania

I'd like to play K-Shoot Mania but fuck the controllers are expensive

It's 10€ in yurop lol

tfw Miku games on PC never ever ;~;