Fire Emblem Direct

How much censorship does Holla Forums expect?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/X2w49
github.com/TeamIf/FireEmblemIf-FanTranslation
gamefaqs.com/boards/114533-fire-emblem-fates-conquest/74874196
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

IT'S ON RIGHT NOW

As much as Fates' censorship.

Compare the two and see

Quite a lot. Even on retarded shit, like talking about killing people, in a game where you kill people.

All the censorship

FIIAAAA EMBUREM

I fully expect to see the American one to be handed off to the Saudi Arabian board of moral standard.

FE GAIDEN?!?

please no waifu shit

i just want a real FE game

none of this persona shit

Well that's good so far.

Mila's a fucking degenerate.

This is probably the mobile game cuck.

you might as well just close the stream then.

It's looking more like a FE2 remake or sequel.

yep

Damn right.

Whelp fuck me, I hope it's good.

Gaiden remake it is.

fucking yuri lowenthal

That kink has GRIDs.

I guess this confirms Nintendo aren't looking to put both mobile and console teams onto the Switch, I'd say this is a bad move but at least you don't have to upgrade.

Holy shit that's fast.

Prepare for English audio only.

You're not wrong.

EVERY SINGLE TIME

WHOS READY FOR PICKLES

Scary.

FIRE EMBLEM SWITCH CONFIRMED FOR 2018

Not really a surprise I guess.

SHIT GAMES COMING IN

On the contrary, brother, we have to make the games halal. That means violent beheadings are okay. Visible skin on the other hand.

I'm spamming no censor in the chat but I'm one man

Y tho?

This is looking very like mobashit

EMBLIEN EMPIRE

They blew it.

Well fire emblem started with awakening.

REPORTED

Non-retarded guns could work fine.

You mean characters from the games casuals care about.

Remember, far as Nintendo is concerned the older games do not exist.

UH OH

FULL TACTICS GAMEPLAY
8x6 grid

Anons here already expected a mobile shit game.

We're gonna need a screenshot of those orb price lists.

ADDITIONAL (REQUIRED TO HAVE FUN) PURCHASES

RIP Lon'qu

I wont be getting it but i guess it looks ok as far as shitty mobile games go

so much time spend shilling a shitty mobile game

I bet it'll be available after the direct ends

Whats the point of this? This looks no different then any other mobile game. Why are they talking about the features as if they were doing something new?

Fiki fiki

wew

I lost the bet

Mobile games are big in Japan. They're just showing it off to the West because the footage is already there.

ROY'S OUR BOY

who the fuck is Niles

THAT WAS THE WHOLE DIRECT AYY LMAO

Lyn the first waifu

pay up nerd

oh its over

Please no, don't rape him too.

A gay thief from Fates

GOD IS DEAD
SATAN LIVES

Thats it? I just saw the mobile shit, what else was there?

I really wanted to hear more of the Gaiden remake

NOA changed Zero's name to Niles in FE Fates

You don't know?

Around 30 seconds of an extended trailer for the musou. That and the mobileshit was it.

I'm happy it's over

Complete garbage. FE warriors mite b cool but I doubt it will be worth $60.

We just got a new trailer for FE warriors
FE Gaiden is gonna be remade
A new FE for the switch only
And the rest was FE mobile

gaiden remake kindof

Dio.

Really? So it was literally nothing, wew

This statement could apply to Nintendo in general.

well that was terrible

I remember years ago I said it would be great if Gaiden got a remake. Now it's finally happening and I'm not happy. I'm more afraid on what they'll do

Well at least there's a Gaiden remake and FEWarriors on 3DS too, i can easily ignore the mobile game

i'll be honest i'm interested in Gaiden

don't give a shit about the rest

We have to be worried about it being censored
God I hope it gets the awakening treatment and not the Fates treatment if it comes down to that

Also I did not expect a gaiden remake
I expected a FE7/6 remake
But gaiden is like awakening so… oh fuck so thats why its getting remade

It will be worth 0$ on freeShop

So… what did they say about characters who are showing up in the Warriors game?

Fuck that mobile game, FE Echoes looks cool and FE Warriors seems neat though.

Nope they only showed chrom

And if worsd comes to worse, you can always get a fan translation.

Neat, the 3ds one looks good, I love that it's using the older art style and I've only played the GC, Wii and Awakening FE games and I'm interested in hearing pumped up rock versions of all the FE tracks in FE Warriors, I was right on that 2017 release date for FE Warriors too, Nintendos ability to keep tight lipped about games personally astounds me, Echoes Shadows of Valentia comes out in 3 months, how the fuck.

Don't care for the mobile game, clearly it's not for me.

I expect everything related with Treehouse

BRAVO LOWEN

You are a liar and a vagabond.

Nothing. Only showed Chrom.

They're working through them chronologically. 1+2 (+3, sort of) were remade on the DS. I doubt they'd have the balls to remake Geneology of the Holy War.

Did they do that to Fates the social justice bs

Well I'm glad torriental downpour opened normalfags up to the whole anti censorship thing

From the trailer we saw Chrom's sword so Lucina is probably a shoe-in and we saw Rajinto and Siegfriend so Ryoma and Xander are in.

Shut the fuck up, faggot, he literally said you can get them through gameplay right before that.

What they did with Fates killed the series for me.

No, that's why i said one step beyond.

Remember they reacted to those articles about the "gay cure potion" and they went full retarded.

Also remember how "sexist" the skinship minigame was in other articles and they removed it too. Replacing it with:… Nothing

Retarded weeb spotted.

Here's how I imagine it being

I liked Conquest with the translation patch, it was genuinely hard.

What's there to even censor in Gaiden? It was fairly tame from what I remember. It certainly never touched on subjects like incest, rape, and child sacrifices like Genealogy of the Holy War did.

basically the next step is inserting social justice in the dialogs.

They already changed complete personalities, conversation where the characters say nothing. Pickle jokes, Meme jokes. It's a disaster

Thank god Genealogy wasn't like gaiden or Fe8 otherwise we would get a butchered version of that

Not holding my breath either. After Fates, it seems likely Gaiden is going to be bloated with unneeded gimmicks.

Yes, multiple times.

Everything looked like shit. Especially the mobile game. It has no special features over any other mobile game and looks cheaper than the competitors. Do they really think many people will pay for fully clothed characters? I bet the game will die in no time.

I'm more concerned how badly the dialogue will get butchered.

Did Memehouse insert social justice in the dialogs in Fates? From what I remember a few characters were talking about sexism or something on the lines of that.

Naruto wasn't that bad, fuck off.

How about this

The only grace is that there is no more region lock.

Yep, multiple times. Can someone post the "think before you talk about a woman's body" shit?

I don't know about Fates, but I heard that Sully from Awakening was considerably less butch in the original dialogue.

A good time to learn Japanese.

But FE isn't enough to validate purchase for a new console.

Well there was always pirating if you wanted to go beyond a region

All this talk of piracy reminds me; how is that 3ds emulator coming along?

And they still haven't listened from Super Mario Run. Good to know.

For Fire Emblem on Switch, yeah. Not so much for the 3DS. >implying pirating isn't still an option

I hope NoA keeps treehouse far FAR away from the games

We all know that won't happen.

I don't even know why it was put on in the first place. Optimism, I imagine.

Hopefully there's no monkey paw curse on the Switch, and at least you can pirate shit on the 3DS.

Did they stop working on the FE Fates fan translation?

Wait, what?

I'm not defending microtransactions if you're not forced to use them. This shit is probably just for people who have lives. If it's too slow and it gets in the way of having fun, then I'm wrong, but I'm honestly not expecting that.

Shilling shilling chicken filling.

Aren't Splatoon 2 and Zeldo being translated by NoE?

I know….

Do you…not know about Dynasty Warriors? Like, at all?

Okay. Remember to buy Fire Emblem Warriors

Didn't realize FE was branching out. I've been living under a rock.

Fire Emblem became Nintendo's Persona

Hey guys, I just wanted to say, I think we should all pre-order Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Australia as soon as humanly possible. FREE-ROAMING.

…Oh no…

Fuck you

Hope you guys are quick to the comments and let out your voices

A face that regrets nothing.

There's supposed to be a demo for the Gaiden remake up as a reward on the Japanese My Nintendo. Gonna see if I can make a .cia for it.

Fuck yeah! Let's go grab some Whoppers (tm) while we get ready to watch next week's Smash Emblem Direct! pssst, it's gonna announce 3 new Fire Emblem characters from the new games coming out

That's the face of degenerate satisfaction.

This is Yuri Lowenthal's face after the presentation

Already made a comment against Treehouse and censorship and got 21 likes
There might be some hope yet

It doesn't really matter. I'm not going to buy anything, but I do hate weebshit and whatever makes weebs feel bad makes me feel good.

It begins
The shilling

I'm not going to buy either anyway, but I will pirate echoes' inevitable fan re-translation and then not play it the same way I didn't play Fates'.

OC

Nice OC

Also, they are a bit late with the Fire Emblem mobile game. There's already a game that beat them to the punch. Phantom of the Kill is essentially Fire Emblem, down to the weapon strengths as weaknesses and even the affinity system where you build up bonuses for having characters fight next to each other. Bigger maps and multiple abilities per unit, with full 3d graphics, no less

Knowing Nintendo, they'll fuck everything up by riddling this FE mobile game with microtransactions and then cry when their stock plummets.

There are also countless Mario clones on smartphones, didn't stop them from doing Mario run.

Fuken Saved.

Mario Run does appear to have some unique mechanics that you don't see in other similar games.. But this Fire Emblem game doesn't seem to do anything original in terms of framework, and the gameplay looks drastically dumbed down, especially compared to the imitator that beat them to the market by several years.

Also do they expect people to believe this?

NO, GODDAMMIT

I WANTED MY FUCKING BLACK KNIGHT NINTY

Thats the saddest thing here

That or SJWeebs are gonna be on full force this evening
see

Or Kessen, or Bladestorm, or Romance of The Three Kingdoms, Or Nobunagas Ambition, or Samurai warriors. Im surprised there are still people around who dont know koei.

But is it good?

So get ready to screen cap any comments
I have a feeling we'll be seeing a lot of shilling

Core gameplay is pretty good, but the micromanagement shit becomes infuriating because it's one of those games where you have to spend the "gems" currency they give you for summoning to increasing your inventory size for weapons and characters.. So you're constantly scrounging together fucking gems so you can get new characters, but your inventory fills up so damned fast that you need to constantly spend 10-15 minutes organizing and combining and selling shit.

Seems the only thing said about Warriors was that Chrom is in it… I'm sure sweet Blck Knight will be in it. I doubt they would pass up an opportunity to recreate Black Knight vs Guts Ike

Thinking about it, the fact that Treehouse has probably been working on Fire Emblem Echoes (along with Breath of the Wild) is some mighty good news for Xenoblade 2. Alongside the rumblings that they're using Brit VAs again, and the fact that NoE were the ones that announced the 2017 release window, it seems incredibly likely that Treehouse won't have their hands on it.

Damn. I've been itching for an SRPG lately. Fates seemed like a good one to jump back into (haven't played one since…what, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance?) but…well, I read the thread. Not that I needed a reminder.

Always remind Holla Forums of the changes.
imgur.com/a/X2w49
Always.

Try Blackguards if you haven't already (avoid the second game though)

Holy fuck. This was REALLY good. Nintendo is just shitting on the competition lately. I'm excited for lots of the new stuff. Fire Emblem is being made great again.

Why am I unsurprised. This place seems more and more like a pessimistic, console warrior shithole the longer I stay. Whatever happened to this board man?

We've only just seen it, maybe it will do something different, but then again for Nintendo this is just brand awareness shit, the highest quality games on the mobile market are not the ones that sell or bring in money or get downloads, Nintendo just wants people talking about their games to drum up interest, there are 3 Fire Emblem titles coming in the next 2 years, sounds like a good strategy to me if Nintendo pushes the game to just get those downloads.

And for all the people that think these decisions are retarded it's all in the numbers and it's working.

Wasn't that a complete failure since Fates outsold Awakening by quite the high margin, it outsold Awakening worldwide the week it launched in the US.

I'd love to see Treehouse get uncucked but a better strategy is needed, I'd probably look at the credits for games and try and find patterns in translations and then I'd dig up details on all the people we are sure are fucking the treehouses shit up and see if we can fire them like Rapp.

Not even trying.

you stop that

Stop what? Stop being optimistic about something for once? Fuck off you dumb nigger. 2017 is looking really god damn good for me
You can fuck off. I'm going to be optimistic. 2017 is the year things go right.

It didn't outsell Awakening at all though. It's missing about 250k sales.

Whatever, fuckboy. You'll keep crying about shit that's likely in the past while I actually have a good time.

So to sum up the conference:

Wew.

Not happening
Not happening
Also not happening

Can you believe these faggots don't understand the pure romance of headpats and cheekrubs?

Censorship only happens with foreign versions, and why would you ever play Fire Emblem in anything but Japanese?

Classic sjws
Never change their tactics

I've got nothing against optimism, but they showed another SMTXFE work in progress, a phone game, a musou game, and a remake that'll be filled with shit DLC full of awakening and fates pandering. The only things I'm looking forward to is possibly the gaiden remake given the 0.0001% chance the translation isn't dog shit again and the musou clone, and that's just because Hyrule Warriors didn't get completely screwed.

they did show gameplay for warriors, not an in depth look but it was gameplay

Besides, why should petting be creepy? You're just showing affection by touching someone's head, if that's creepy then what, is hugging creepy? I bet holding hands is creepy too.

Oh wait I was wrong, it sold 3x the amount of Awakening in it's first week in the US and by March 31 it had reached 1.84 million sales in only US and Japan which was 60,000 less than Awakenings worldwide total, there aren't any numbers on it's total sales because they come out at the end of March but it definitely beat awakening, since it still had a european release and it had only been out a month and a half in the US when it topped the total US sales, it went on to top both Japan's Awakening sales within it's first year, and Awakenings US sales total in a month and a half.

If you got your number from VGchartz you are dead wrong, the numbers I'm citing are from Nintendo's own sales report.

You don't get a say in that, you lost the election, kike.

I can tell its you fucking beaners that are shitting this board up.

He's arguing the opposite.

As much as they can get away with.

i was "replying" to the youtube comment guy

So suddenly, we're talking first week sales? Who cares, I'm talking worldwide all time.
1.84m is global, which is all regions.

Which is less than the worldwide of Awakening. Yet it rode that fame to hell and back for US/EU.
The Japanese version is anything but bad.

Can someone screen cap the comment section to see if there anymore Shills defending censorship or them getting assblasted by arguments

1.84 isn't global it's 2 regions, because it released in europe after this report was made, Awakenings global is 1.9, it's 60k less without a european release, it outsold Awakening, we just don't know how much it outsold it by.

Feels good.

The censorship definitely killed Tokyo mirage
But It also has to do with the fact they pulled a pokemon for fates

No, Tokyo Mirage being Tokyo Mirage killed Tokyo Mirage. It was a shitty concept that went way too fucking nice. It was a game for girls.

*niche

Feels good, man.

???

Especially since that game, you know, is actually really good

Gaiden's among my favorites, too, but I'd rather have a GotHW remake. Hope they do go chronologically, like you said, and we eventually see such a legendary thing. inb4 Fire Emblem gets even more treehouse'd as fuck

It was hated both in Japan and the U.S. the sales bombed so even the uncensored version is still bad.

It tried to appeal to a niche market and delivered a shitty game no one wanted.

Remember, FAI-YA EM-BUR-EM~

I wonder why?

Are you blind or just retarded? The game is practically a barbie game.

Is that what you say about every idol game, user?

No, I actually enjoyed Project Diva on the PSP, as they are cute rhythm games. #FE is literally made for teeny bopper girls.

Are you retarded?

I mean I gave you the numbers and it sold better in both the US and Japan, a conservative estimate that assumes it sold proportionally and sales in the US in Japan stopped after April 1st it sold around 2.3 mil worldwide at least.

The only way it undersold Awakening is if it sold nothing in Europe and then sold nothing after April 1st in the regions it was released in yeah we know that never happened, it even sold an additional 40% in Japan after the release period sales, so you could estimate that it came closer to 2.9 mil sales worldwide if the rest of the world falls in line with the JP sales which is too hard to tell, it sold far better proportionally in the US in a faster time frame.

It actually sold far better in the west so censorship didn't kill it in quite the same way, and I don't recall it being censored in Japan so it clearly sunk under the fact that it wasn't what fans were expecting and not the censorship.

It probably reached Awakening sales or slightly surpassed them, 50-100k give or take and stopped there. That's a good estimate.

I thought the target audience was otakus, but then again I never touch the idolshit culture anyway.

I guess that is gameplay, though it looks like it's using the exact same set-piece and animations as the Berserk Dynasty Warriors game.

The smug ones are always the most retarded. I gave the numbers to show Torrential Downpour failed miserably.

Good lord almighty…

Just make sure to voice your concerns against censorship in the comments

I wouldn't say that, definitely niche though. Decent JRPG in its own right, but I can see why people were upset given the initial teaser.

What did she mean by this?

Sup goon.

Faggot.

Let The memes come

So, did we get Coming of Age Festival DLC in Fates where kids get to have extra supports with their parents or didn't Nindy localize it, meaning western fans didn't get all the DLC like Japanese did?

Didn't NoA already not localize some of the DLC

It wouldn't surprise me. They couldn't even be bothered to localize the entire fucking base game.

FE Fates sales were created by 3 games. It barely beat the sales Awakening got and that was one game in a series that was niche as fuck. When you have to spend money to develop 3 games and barely outsell the total sales of the previous single game release; That's not selling well.
That wasn't TD's goal at all.

Don't the three games use a shit ton of the same assets. Like the same maps,character art,etc. Once one was down the other 2 would be relatively cheap to produce.

Went to the FE:Heroes website and the character profile they have, show off all have 3 portraits each: standing pose, action pose and battle damaged with clothing damage, is that the first time they have done that? Surprised to see holes torn through female clothes and even Lyn with a cut on her exposed legs.

It also might not be possible to see the greater effect of Torrential Downpour until the next FE game comes out. There may have been a lot of newbies who brought Fates, felt disappointed with it/learnt about the localization and now we be skeptical about buying the next FE game.

A good comparison to compare it to the Paper Mario Sticker Star to Colour Splash scenario, players got burnt by SS and didn't want to buy CS because it played more like SS instead of 64/TTYD which they still want.

Last time I checked, which is almost a year ago, TD's purpose was to spread awareness of the bad quality of the localization and making think the consumer whether they wants to buy the game despite the quality of the localization. Or so I took it as.

For shitty localization it did sell well, but that doesn't mean typos, memetic text on some supports, rewritten supports because someone might get offended, taking optional mini game (it was optional and included more lines of the characters, western version ending up with 12 lines out of 48), swimsuit accessories taken away etc. There was no reason to do this for a game that is meant for older players. I can see why Nindy did what they did with the localization, but that doesn't mean I accept it. Or should it be acceptable. In my opinion, the game localization should have stayed authentic as much it could to the Japanese version. We know that the rice ball that Lilith eats is a rice ball, not a donut or bun. Also it doesn't make sense that they rewrote Azura's and Kaden's support that originally referenced fox lore (kitsune) and yet leave "kitsune" in the conversation.

Don't mind me chiming in, but wasn't Revelation a DLC. Despite being a full game, it was sold as a DLC that you can get trough Dragon's Gate, not Eshop? Meaning the sales only contribute from Conquest and Birthright.

Don't be so mean. Give the shills some edge.
If it's 60$ instead of 40$ and it's included in the sales, then they can tell themselves they did a good job, despite that still being around 1.5m sales, way less than Awakening anyway.

…have these people never had even a mildly physical relationship with someone? How can someone be this out of touch with how humans show affection for one another? Even animals do this to each other.

Didn't their mothers ever do the same for them? What the fuck

Yes but Consumers only buy 1 of these games initially which these sales count. the DLC is sold as DLC and is counted seperately and unless you can prove otherwhise then you don't have anything.

Building the three stories back to back on the same engine with the same VAs and reused content would result in nicely scaling development costs and the extra paths were sold as DLC, unless you have the budgets to compare both games and their profits you can't state that Fates made less than Awakening.

400k the most conservative estimate is a 20% increase in sales, that's pretty good for a series that has always been niche as all fuck.

TD failed either way, it didn't raise dick all awareness outside of it's circljerk and why they bothered with such a piss poor tactic was beyond me, I like to see that it made no impact, and next time maybe they will try somethign better like digging up Treehouse SJWs shitty pasts and getting them fired.

Gamers praised Fallout 3 for it's writing, gamers praise JRPGs for their writing, gamers think Zelda has a good storyline, I doubt it.

It still costs money to print copies, still cost money to develop, still costs money for the new VA lines, still costs money to debug/test and still cost money to "localize".
Just because it reuses assets, doesn't been it doesn't cost anything. The cost still adds up regardless of the shortcuts

The special edition that came with both games and revelation was counted as a separate unit that added to fates' total sales. Fates sales were made up by; Conquest, Birthright and the special edition that included Revelations, that's what I mean by 3 games.

You deleted the fucking post.

I don't accept it either, I just think that TD's tactics were pathetic, anyone could have seen it making no difference, We need to burn the Treehouse down not hand out flyers telling people why it's bad.

No I didn't, I didn't even know my post was deleted.

Only looks like shit to you, fam.

Here's the thing. Games aren't subjective. There are enough components in it to be objectively horrible.

Jesus fam, get it together

Wew laddie

Completely justified.

I don't know it all seemed like it was supposed to be one game originally. The first 5 chapters of both games try to make you see both sides and create a dilemma for the player and I remember early trailers saying it would be choice early in the game. At some point they split them in 2 games to cash grab.

Even if it cost them a little more to make Fates than awakening they still got a shit ton of people to double down. They basically sold the same amount of copies to half the amount of people.

It terms of pure profit I honestly can't say if awakening made more or not but the fact Fates was a solid successes is a sad truth.

Ment to reply to

Well, if something was learned from this is that to make a bigger impact or get heard better is that Twitter alone won't do it.
There were few online gaming related website that wrote about TD and we even got a page on KYM with 50,000+ viewers. Hurray. And occasionally get mentioned on Twitter in negative way, but bad publicity is publicity too. Weren't the revoltfags the ones that dig up Rapp's past, made it a sensation and later Nindy fired her due moonlightning as a second job? I'm not sure what burning the Treehouse down (if meant literally) would help, but I do think that there should more effective ways to get heard.

I expect full censorship from these titles
fire emblem warriors might be cool but not worth its 60 dollar price tag, 3ds game will probably get anal raped by treehouse phone game seems alright don't care about unknown switch game till I see something about it

Instead of all this bitching about censorship that we don't know for sure is going to happen on a board full of people who are probably going to pirate the Japanese version either way can we talk about how they are using a better character designer for the main game now.

I have opposite expectations. KT did really good with HW. Maybe they'll do just as good with FEW but I doubt it will make people happy with the roster.

As for the Gaiden remake I have MUCH higher expectations. The Cellphone game looks like absolute shit but it seems to me they're doing another Nohr/Hoshido thing and they're pushing awakening fags to mobile while keeping more traditional FE games on consoles and handhelds

They're just emulating the game's past art if you're referring to Gaiden or Echoes. There was nothing about FE 2018

Nintendo continues to fuck-up, to no one's surprise.
Not only did they announce that the promised Fire Emblem Warriors for Switch is also going to be on 3DS anyway, but they announced that the next game in the series is also on 3DS, and there's a mobile game too. The only Switch-exclusive content was a vague mention of a new title due to be released maybe next year.
THIS IS NOT HOW YOU MARKET A NEW FUCKING CONSOLE YOU DUMB FUCKS
Literally days after unveiling their new console they're back to shilling the handheld and completely forgetting the new one which has one of the worst launch line ups I've ever seen.
Fucking hell.

You mean Echoes?
I think the same artist did also art for Atelier Ayesha.

We can only see with this next fire emblem if the censorship exposure will of had any effect. Changes don't happen over night. Most importantly speak out with your fucking wallet.
Expose if any pointless changes happen.
Help encourage importing jap game.
Show where a person can go to get a translation patch.
Have NoA bleed money if they fuck with localization by doing these simple steps. NoJ has given us a far more effective weapon to show our displeasure with NoA. Use it fuckers, that region free hardware will be a god send.

Are you underage? I think almost every console in the last 2 gens have had a worse lineup except maybe the Wii.

I had low expectations for Switch and its launching titles. Big name games like Mario and new Zelda were expected, but ARMS seemed boring, not interested for ported Mario Kart, not interested on Dynasty Warrior game that has FE characters. Only few games got me slightly interested but not make me want to buy Switch were Xenoblade 2 and Splatoon 2.

I'm feeling numb. I used to get excited when a new game title of the series I liked got announcement. For the last couple years I could care less. Or maybe it just depression that won't give me joy from things I like. Didn't even get PS4. So far, not getting Switch either.

I still don't see much a reason to get a ps4 since most of the stuff I want will end up on PC anyway. The Switch is a maybe if more games pop up but it's going to take more than Bomberman and Zelda to make me consider it. It's probably depression though.

Yeah.

Keep being salty.

I'll admit announcing a New 3DS only version port of the game less than a week from the original Switch version reveal is pretty fucking bizarre, and seems pretty risky for trying to sell the Switch version. But at the same time anyone with just a regular 3DS will need to "upgrade" to new hardware in order to play it. Either getting a N3DS or a Switch.

I still can't find any accurate sales figures for the N3DS worldwide number either, because they just it to the regular 3DS/2DS sales figures. So using Wikipedia's LTD numbers of 3DS's shipped/hardware release dates I got a high estimate of 14.64 million possible N3DS units shipped worldwide as Sep 30th 2016. Subtracted 46.93 million from 61.57 million essentially.

That (high) number was achieved because it doesn't count excess regular 3DS stock being sold after the N3DS was released, unknown number of regular 3DS's sold in the European Q4 2014 (because the N3DS was released in Aus/NZ in that time period but not Europe and they are including in the same sales region) and also include sales numbers of the 2DS because it has never been phased out. So a more reasonable number may be

who are you voting for Holla Forums?

Lyn day 1, then people mostly from the GBA games. Joshua, Marisa, Amelia. Will make spots for Jill and Titania towards the end though.

Why should I care?

Actually that sentiment sums up my feelings on the entire direct:
No gameplay shown, so it's not coming out until November 2018 at the earliest.
Why should I care about nothing?

No mention of fixing the horribly broken and casualised shit that was present in Fates & Awakening. Even though it's a remake I'm sure they'll still try to fuck it up as much as they can.
Again, why should I care when there are no details on the stuff that matters?
It also looked as if they hadn't put weapon durability back in from the gameplay shown.

Showing an Awakening character performing generic Musou attacks. What was it, 10 seconds of new footage? Why did they even bother? Don't care. Show some decent characters and then maybe you'll have my interest but seeing as they appear to be pulling all the characters from the worst games in the series, my hopes are non-existent.

The only thing that was shown that had any substance was the mobile game, which is an 8x6 grid, contains microtransactions, and it's set to casual mode by default so it's immediately worthless.
When did this downward trend start? I stopped playing FE games when I saw Path of Radiance, picked it up again when Awakening came out, then immediately dropped the series again, did something fuck up hard during the two console games?

PoR and RD were fine but I can't speak for the DS games.

How do you destroy a company besides not purchasing their goods and informing potential customers why their product is bad? Like what do you want people to just actually go to the office and burn it down? You make no sense.

So it's basically Khorne vs Slaanesh?

Good stuff.

Well since most people here have no hope for the series. What are some good Tactical RPGs to get into? Some I've heard some good things about or played are:

Disgaea (and other NIS games with similar gameplay)

I've played the Disgaea series and Tiers to Tiara 2 (more visual novel than TRPG) and just started on Yggdra Union. Any other good ones you guys played or know about?

Tactics ogre

They think what people do in relationships is weird hugs and sex

Super Robot Wars is basically Fire Emblem but literally better in almost every way.

GEE BILL HOW COME MARK LETS YOU HAVE THREE THREADS
The worst SRPG franchise gets three fucking threads and the SRPG thread dies, fucking kill me

Who's this faggot? Sounds and looks like the average Nintenyearsold tbh

3 different games. Heroes, Echoes, and Switch.

WIth region locking out, they know people will just import foriegn versions. So they'll try to change those, too.

Problem is NoA can't say jack shit about NoE or NoJ's games. If they do try to change their shit the shit storm it'll cause will be phenomenal.

Wasn't the NoE version of Fates mostly the same as the NoA one, in any case?

The only difference about NoE is they got to see Tharja's ass but they cut out the boingy bits

I wonder what the differences between the western version of the mobile FE game will be compared to the japanese one.

In the end, with Fates, they still got the head-patting mini-game axed just like NoA's and who knows what else. That's not a very promising outlook for those who think of betting on NoE to localize their stuff.

Region unlock will benefit only Japanese readers, it seems.

The only way we can have uncensored games is too have a fan translation of said games and to hack the switch to put the fan translation

Till then I guess we can only sit back and watch whats getting censored

Thank god for channels like appabend and censored gaming making videos against censorship

source?
no of course not, the only game NoE may get permission to translate is XB2

Probably thanks to them getting the leftovers.

You see when a game is brought over to the west it doesn't get translated to english twice. Most of Europe and the US both speak english so it's pointless to translate a game twice and most companies don't give their different branches enough money to do so. 90% of the time the game is translated with the US market in mind and the EU and other PAL divisions take what we got and throw in their various different languages and sometimes they don't even hire VAs to do the work, instead they just leave the voice work in english and just translate the text.

Rarely is there ever any changes to a game between the US and EU releases. Most of the time the changes are to fit an individual country's laws. Most producers rarely give them enough cash to change anything else about the game.

Now this is my assumption: The Treehouse did a fucking butcher job on Fates and NoE tried to fix it and change back all the shit, but it was such a fucked job that they couldn't end up fixing it, and between the pressure of NoJ and NoA they ended up just releasing it as is. There is really no explanation for the ridiculous period of time between the NA and EU launch, besides maybe translating it to other languages.

I wonder what got changed in the NZ and Australia version?

I am the cancer.

I doubt that NoE tried to fix the game. All the censorship, rewritten dialogue, and altered character personalities are present in all of the translations in the European version.
Most likely, the reason for the delay is because the Spanish/French/German/Italian/etc. were all translated from the English version of Fates, instead of translated from Japanese. They had to wait for the English version to be fully finished before they could even begin work on the other languages.
Actually, I know someone online who played the Italian version, and he says they accidentally left a few lines of untranslated English in the dialogue.

github.com/TeamIf/FireEmblemIf-FanTranslation

if it turns out to be shit a but you still play it, then you're cancer. just trying it is the reasonable thing to do so you can make your own opinion instead of being a parrot like so much of Holla Forums.

Gaiden was a clusterfuck when it came to balance and overall design. Remember that Paralogue chapter with the tiny fort that was nothing but a series of straight long hallways? That was ripped directly from Gaiden. You had fucking mounted bow knights with 8 move and 1-5 attack range, and clerics that could use a spell to instantly kill any undead enemy aside from the final boss. I can scarcely imagine how they can fuck it up even more, though we're talking about Current Year+2 IS/Nintendo here so I suppose I shouldn't rule the possibility out.

Gaiden didn't have weapon durability, so that would keep true to the original. I guess the only thing I know for certain that won't be fucked is the music.

Those are all features user. The only truly terrible parts about Gaiden is the fucking drop rate.

Good, except for the fact that growth rates were utter dogshit. I guess getting +2 to a stat when they actually procced was an acceptable compromise. Also I wonder how the hell they'll redo this track.

So it's done?

You faggots better vote for anything that isn't Shadow Dragon/Quirky/Headpats are haram.

You maximum madman.

But I'll give you the 6x8 grid shit. That will affect any kind of map design they could come up. Heck most phones nowadays are fucking big, I'm sure they could have made the grid bigger without impacting the digital input.
Can't say anything about the orbs until we can see what is the usual way to get them and how frequent they are.

Piano followed by fuckery and/or singing.
Can't wait to hear the remastered OST.

My Nigga

Fuck forgot to reply this

First day Lyn and the rest will be a mix of GBA characters but mostly dragon waifus

Nope.

The direct was basically the last chance the US had to get the Festival DLC. Treehouse's fuckery has gotten bad enough even GameFAQS is starting to wake up. (Not counting the two 8-4 shills)
gamefaqs.com/boards/114533-fire-emblem-fates-conquest/74874196

Over half of the people I see in that thread are saying they support 8-4.

That's the opposite of evidence that GameFAQs is starting to wake up.

It used to be over 80%. There's undeniably more people calling it out than there used to be, is what I meant. I Probably could've worded that better.

Honestly, 8-4's translation of Xenoblade and Awakening were by far less offensive than Treehouse's translation of IF.

Don't vote at all. If you do you're showing them there's interest in cell phone shit.

The worst thing 8-4 did was remove Silent Robin. What's the worst thing Treehouse did to Fates?

I'd say the worst thing they did was provide an incredibly bland translation, watering down everyone's personality.

The worst thing the Treehouse did to IF was everything. They took everyone and exaggerated them to a ridiculous fucking degree, made everything nonsensical and nonserious when it was originally intended to be half and half, removed supports, changed existing supports, censored outfits, and they didn't even bother releasing all the DLC for it.

What? Robin might not have been the most important character but I don't remember him being silent. And I thought Gaiden never got a foreign release?

really user it would help if you actually read posts

But I didn't play 8-4's version of Gaiden, that's my point.

You cheeky fucker, his name is now Tobin.

What? Now I'm totally lost.