ITT POST SNES GAMES YOU LIKE

ITT POST SNES GAMES YOU LIKE

Other urls found in this thread:

dynamic-designs.us/xak.shtml
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The peak of Final Fantasy right here.
FFV and FFIV were also pretty good, but of the SNES lot FFVI is my definite favourite

Magical Pop'n.
EVERY THREAD

DONE

War was the coolest. Wingnut was for faggots.

the ATB gauges in 4 and 5 feel glitched to me. it's like there's some massive delay between turns that isn't present in 6.

Pocky & Rocky's fun

Cybernator
My niggers.

Pic related is my choice. I've always wondered what the SNES CD version would have been like since they apparently had to cut a shit ton of content to fit it on a cartridge. It was probably mostly 90s anime FMV though, which as we all know is the best anime.

True Lies was also on Genesis, but the controls and sound (iirc) were shit.

There's some nice hidden gems in this thread.

Good taste

Damn, so much good taste in this thread! A lot of my favorites have already been posted, but here's one more. Not the best SNES game, but if you had a chance to play it split-screen multiplayer as a kid, you know what a blast it was. Very interesting, asymmetric combat in any matchup of mechs, plus the great fun of fleeing a dying mech for a new one as a tiny, 1HP pilot.

That is a really fantastic game. Reminds of a cross between Blaster Master and Votoms.

Didn't mean to trip.

Nobody but me has played this.

You aren't the only one.

My absolute nigger.

Glad I hadn't to download the pic and post it, liked it a lot.

Super Ghost n Ghosts because I haven't seen it yet.

Story time. I was given super scary book by my uncle in the 5th grade. Loved the art and stories, kid always looking to haggle his shit away comes up to me and offers me Lost Vikings. Game for a book? fucking deal. I never did beat that game. Not sure if I ever got past the first world/stage. I'd have been much happier with the book

Fellow sophisticated anons, I have a dilemma. I'm trying to remember a game that was one of the last RPG's of the SNES. The game was an RPG with a few twists. The spell system used a 'create your own magic' system that let you type in essentially codes for magic and if it was preset, it would do specific types of damages but if it wasn't a preset spell, it would just throw the word at an enemy and do minor damage. The plot essentially is that the world had a week or so left to live before it reset and you went across the world with three different parties that all interconnected in the end ending with a 4th group that had plot in all three.

Can someone help me out?

No idea, but it sounds greats, though.

Treasure of the Rudras

Thanks!

I got about 2/3rd through one of the parties, the game is kind of brutal. The difficulty spikes real hard because you're supposed to abuse the shit out of the magic system as well as do some grinding. There IS a cheat spell you can use that apparently gives you all buffs, heals your entire party to full and costs 1 mana if not 0, but the story was kind of interesting and was neat to go through a storyline watching other groups do stuff that was healing the world.

but why?

I just started playing this game and I beat the second level. Fuck that skellington bastard. He killed me like 10 times, then I realized I could do double damage by switching to the Earth gargoyle and hitting him with a couple of attacks and then switching back to the Fire gargoyle so I could fly over him. Anyway, how do I save in this game?

The story sounds kinda like Final Fantasy or Chrono Trigger or something like that.

i liek cricket

I swear to god the SNES was made to save toasters in the future from boredom. Every single time I come back to the SNES library I find something new and interesting.

good thread

I think only the PS2 has a "great games" library that compares to the SNES

FUCK YES, MAUI MALLARD

Thought maybe this might be a good place to mention it. Xak: The Art of the Visual Stage for the SFC now has a v1.00 translation patch by Dynamic-Designs. That said, it might be wise to wait until they release a bugfixed patch, as apparently in its current state it's glitchy. Still something to consider keeping tabs on though.
dynamic-designs.us/xak.shtml

Well to be fair a JRPG that hasn't been translated into English somehow isn't going to see all that many people as having played it. Also suppose it doesn't help that it's predecessor, Maka Maka, seemed to be consider shit last I'd heard, so maybe that's tainted desire to fan translate either of them.

I have to wonder if that sort of dialogue was in the original script as well, or if the fan translators took some "liberties". Or is it some sort of "name your group" deal where it can be whatever? Never given the Langrisser series a go myself yet.

Bro!

Also posting some of my favorites SFC titles.

Hear, hear!

Cybernator was the shit! Loved that game!

ITT: good taste. I've added two of my personal favs (I dunno why the SNES version of SimCity is my fav, but it is. Comfy af music).

you aren't exactly setting an example there.

Super Mario World you fucking queers

Secret of Evermore blows Secret of Mana out of the water imho. I never really liked the artstyle and music.

I also like the european version of Contra more because robots

Fuck, bro. The music in that game is absolutely God tier. Although it makes me kinda sad/wistful. The nostalgia hits me really fucking hard in ways that goes beyond the game.

I can't count the time spent playing this with family growing up

SimCity SNES is my favorite version too, and it's a damn shame Nintendo had to remove it from the eshop after the last SimCity came out. At least there's emulation for those without the hard copy

If OP tells you to post undertale or overwatch, do you post undertale or overwatch? cuck

it is your duty as an user to bring quality, not the OPs

These were some of my favorites when I was a kid.

My personal favorites

Listen to the honking cat. It's right you know.

Lost Vikings sells for $20-$40 on eBay. You can get a new copy of the 1989 edition of Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark for $13 on Amazon.

The Genny version was better

You don't need people to tell you why these games are great, since you can just emulate them for free and see for yourself, you fucking faggot.

Also, the 16-bit era was great. Does anyone remember a game, a vertical scrolling shooter, where you could buy/choose your weapons before each stage? I remember playing this game exactly once with a friend, but I can't remember what it was - I know it isn't Sonic Wings, nor UN Squad, nor Gradius III. I think it's from 1992 or earlier.

We came a long way.

BY HUDSON!!!

That's the game. Thank you, user.

Megs as in megabits. That's only 1.5 megabytes. The OP images alone is more than that.