Living Legends

Last thread didn't fly so good so let's try a new one in a different timezone.

Mechwarrior Living Legends is a FREE (not f2p) Crysis Warhead mod that comes with a simple installer so not even Holla Forums can fuck this up.
Get everything you need here- clanjadewolf.net/mwll/

As it stands, it's the ultimate mech and Mechwarrior game, shits all over MWO and weeb garbo. You get to control everything, from hovercrafts to mechs, vtols, planes and even artillery.
The game recently had a surge of new players so no matter your timezone you will find people to play with.

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php?title=Atlas#Variant_E
wiki.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php?title=Main_Page
stats.spikx.net/mwll.html
sarna.net/wiki/Fafnir
wiki.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php?title=Fafnir
stats.spikx.net/mwll/stats.html
sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page
tweakguides.com/Crysis_10.html
youtube.com/watch?v=uRnIYRtLTMo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The game basically works like this- you get in, you're in a barely armed battle suit and you get to buy things with credits. You earn credits by damaging enemies, capturing points and assisting. When you die you respawn with money dependant on your rank, rank goes up as you do stuff. It's only map-oriented, so with every map change people start fresh, no need to worry about "hrrr, he played for an hour so he gets to pilot a Daishi while I'm stuck in a fucking APC".

sounds neat. downloading now.

There are many mechs and vehicle, each with something like 6 different loadout variants. Different loadouts not only have different guns but also different equipment, some are better for long/short range combat, some are better for stealth, some for reacon and assists (like Raven with iNARC).

Different maps also affect gameplay. A swamp map makes shit hard to see and stealth even more deadly. A frozen map means you'll have easier time managing your heat and reverse on hot maps. There's also low gravity, which will make you fly with your jump jets and also make you a sitting duck while you're floating down. Also day/night cycle.

And finally a thing that is a big deal- no matter what role you want to fill in, you will be useful. If you just want to shower the enemy with golden rain of missiles of 1.5km range, it's possible. If you want to snipe- also possible. If you want to support and spot- possible. If you want to fly and bombard enemy- YOU GUESSED IT. If you want to stay at the base and fire artillery shells at the enemy- possible too.
You can even leave all that shit aside and just run and jump around in your battle armor if you're crazy enough.

If for some reason you have a friend who also plays, you'll have a blast if you pair up.
Co-op combos include shit like player 1 using a NARC bacon on an enemy, which gives enemy location away to everyone and attracts friendly missiles. This means player 2 can sit 1.5km away in his Partisan tank and fire 40 missiles per salvo away in the skies, which will then follow to the NARC'd target.

It's a highly disgusting and even more effective tactic.

Autism is the gift that keeps many games alive and often manifests itself as modding community- ToEE, JA2, Deus Ex, Fallout, now MW and more.
Autism is our ally in the era of decadence.

Fun fact if you played MW4 Mercenaries- the modders somehow got the VA for DUNCAN FISHER to record some lines for this game's Solaris Arena mode. He apparently was cool enough that he did it pro bono.

Never played a mech game before. Might give this a go after watching some gameplay vids.
That faggot is everywhere isn't he? God damn.

That's pretty cool of him.

who

I'd post some videos but am afraid of the inevitable

I'll give it a try.

DLing atm, dont die on me!

Calm down, if necessary I'll keep bumping with hilarious pics.

Seems fun downloading.

Just a faggot.

Also, who gives a fuck, man. If you have some good gameplay just post it.

Well, I like this guy, he seems knowledgable of both battletech universe and the game.

Disclaimer: I'm not that guy, I'm not even subscribed to him.

If he made 1 you would be complaining as well you fucking autist.

You don't find that autistic?

No, I find your metafaggotry and whining over a free game autistic though

wew

Sauce? Tried searching with "sheep shagger" and so on but came up with nothing.

Never mind found it

Mothefucker, I only made this thread once during Burger hours and this one is a much better success.

Listen friend, this ain't cuckch so you have to bump shit every ~20 minutes and I'm being polite in pointing out how threads take days if not weeks to die around these parts. That proxy edgefaggotry though? Shove it up your ass.

Is that what you call talking with yourself?

nigga just stop replying to him.

You have a link about that?

Haven't played it yet, but how do the Airplanes control?
Do VTOL fill helicopter roles?

There's an interview with him on sarna.net but it's down now.

More or less, yes.
Haven't flown much, it's hard and an entirely different world

Fucking stompbot aristocrats

Game is great, i remember sucking a huge dick for two weeks unable to score a FUCKING SINGLE FRAG!
But then i git gud and got to the top of the scoreboard and stayed there. and then Piranias C&D'ed Devs

Never mastered Assaults though.
Atlas Master&Commander is my waifu, really able to turn the tides of battle if your team has command spirit (which it have most of the time thanks to no random people in the game)

Also protip. Never join winning team or team with strong players, its so much fun to tear some elite ass in two than stomp newbs.

So Holla Forums serber when?

Never, play on populated servers. There is player peak time every day.

Which one is that?

The one that packed with electronics.

wiki.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php?title=Atlas#Variant_E

E:
135 400Cbills
Total base armor: 85 502

2 ERLBL
2 ERMBL
2 LRM15
1 iNARC

C3
BHP
GECM
EOptics
2 LAMS
4 DHS
1 free ton

Variant E

The Atlas Variant E, officially dubbed the "Master & Commander" (and sometimes lovingly called the "Steiner scout Mech" by players) is outfitted with the most sophisticated electronics available. BHP gives it enormous sensor range, an advantage it can share with its comrades due to the C3 computer, while GECM keeps it hidden from detection. Dual LAMS offer itself and nearby allies good protection from missile barrages, and the iNARC enables it to select targets for friendly missile artillery. The armament of 2 ERLBLs and 2 LRM15s give it long range firepower similar to most long-range IS heavy mechs and 2 ERMBL add a little extra firepower at medium ranges. Overall, it cannot expect to defeat Clan heavy and assault mechs on its own. But, as the anchor that keeps the forces rallied, single combat is not amongst its tasks. It is supposed to be the leader of a pack, giving them cover, giving them information, giving them protection, and giving them their targets to slay.

i don't really like LL, it doesn't feel like i'm piloting a mech at all. no weight to the movement.

How many real mechs you have piloted by now?

It feels lighter than MW3 but def not as light as MW4

If only it had AECM

Alright I'll give it a go. So seeing as I have not played any mech warrior games before, what would you say I should stick to while learning the basics? (so I don't piss off whatever team I'm on by being terrible or picking something useless)

(Checked)
Noice.

Playerbase is extremely newb-friendly.

What is even the point?

Cool digits.
I'd say if you really want to 'train\' there are training servers for it but otherwise I wouldn't worry about making mistakes, there are a lot of new people around.

God damn there's a "Bane The Big Guy" in the game and he's flying a plane.

t.Ausfag
Go back to sucking Pyranhas cock

How am I sucking their cock? If anything it depresses me that the next SP mechwarrior is made by hacks.
But yeah pvp arenas are bad at their core.

Start with Vehicles first. They don't have much in terms of everything but they can be game changers. As for mechs, it boils down to how you want to play. Up close and personal? Get something with flamethrowers, Small Lasers, AC/20's or machine guns. Mid range is Medium Lasers, AC/10's/5's. Longer ranges are with Large Lasers, PPC's, AC/2's, Gauss Rifles. I'll just break some of this down with a shitty chart:

Weapon Range Type
Flamer Short Energy
Small Laser Short Energy
Machine Gun Short Ballistic
SRM Short Missile
AC/20 Short Ballistic
Medium Laser Medium Energy
AC/10 Medium Ballistic
MRM Medium Missile
AC/5 Medium Ballistic
Lt. Gauss Long Ballistic
LRM Long Missile
AC/2 Long Balistic
Large Laser Long Energy
PPC Long Energy
Gauss Rifle Long Ballistic
Arrow IV Long Missile
Long Tom Very Long Ballistic

Anything that has the 'ER' prefix means extended-range. There's also different grades of lasers, don't worry too much about those. Some mechs have Jump Jets while others don't. Some also have MASC, which is basically sprint for mechs. Make sure you don't over-heat and have fun.

He's a fucking jew who NEVER stops shit talking people on either team. Literally, bring jews up and you'll see.

Heres your reply Ausfag, maybe try to move to a non shithole to actually enjoy vidya

Mark is playing Living Legends?

Why are you calling me ausfag?

Already play.
My go to early game is the inner sphere wheeled tank with the ac/10 cannon. I can get into a pissing match with most light mechs and win.

Yeah, hes a shitposter, I wouldnt be surprised if he browsed here actually.

my dad works at nintendo so like 100

But jap mechs are ghaaaaayyyy

Didn't you know that Mechwarrior designs are all borrowed from macross, i.e. they're jap as well?

They're not.

Doesn't work for me. I just get a black screen that I can't tab out of. Almost had to reboot to get rid of it. This is after installing and updating it.

You tried forcing/unforcing dx9?

Nevermind, I posted too soon. Just had to wait like a minute without touching anything.

Do I actually have to make GameSpy account? I thought that was dead.

No. It's all on the page I linked. Just enter some bs info.

Arent the macross planes designs stolen borrowed from murika planes?

And "robot" is a western word
Japs steal everything they can

You know there's something satisfying in getting a 2x20AC Demolisher and popping scrubs who think "oh it's just a tank".

For better or worse, it is getting popular. It is only a matter of time before this raises enough awareness on the mw community and they're bombed with c&d to keep players on mwo (which is already dying). Ideally, even if they close mwLL whoever's developing mw5, I forget, will have to make something better than a mwo with ai mechs as a singleplayer campaign

Goddamit

Great PR for their MW5.

MWO is shit though.

They just need to add a campaign and some random coop missions with AI enemies like it's done in Armored Warfare

bump

Another one of that guy's videos, dedicated to vtols and aerofighters. I wish I could fly them without crashing within 10 seconds.

pls dont die

Just gave it a go and It's pretty fun. Shitload of mechs and vehicles but I have no idea what the names for the weapons mean so I basically go in blind and see what I get.

why is Malcolms mom on that pic?

wiki.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php?title=Main_Page

Is it posible to run an empty map and pilot shit?

Don't know, why not simply try the training server instead?

i have a joystick lying around. would it be a pain to get it working with this game?

Yes. And it's not even recommended as you'll get your ass kicked by everyone else using a mouse.

Why even call it Mechwarrior if it's a Crysis Mod? Does it use Mechwarrior assets? Also how many people are playing in a match at a time, and how large is the overall playerbase?

It uses Battletech (Mechwarrior) mechs, vehicles, stats, loadouts. Without BT this mod wouldn't exist.
Peak hours, more or less 3 full servers, 28 players max each.

That will do

Just found this- stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

Because it's Mechwarrior.

14v14 is the biggest server, and it's usually nearly full if not full at all times.

Alright, last bump.

Well PGI already bombed developers once with behind the doors C&D shit. But now that it's some unknown russian team developing MWLL the C&D letters won't do jack shit.

Anyone else having trouble with their hovercrafts getting stuck in deployment even when the HUD says they're not?
Even selling and buying a new one doesn't fix it.

Doesn't z or x fix that?

Tired of pugging with shitters in MWoe, dling MWLL now. God this is taking forever.

Wait, there's no MechLab? FUCK. That was actually the one part of MWO I liked - putting together custom builds and shit.

Mechlab is fine in single player. In multi there's too much bs you can make. The cheese would be too much.

I thought LL tried to be more grounded in the source material, hence no mech lab.

The hilarious thing about PGI is that they were dumb enough to go with the Cryengine for their MWO abomination after they C&D the baby of Crytek Development Team. Yes you heard me, PGI literally forced the pet project of the LEAD DEVELOPERS OF THE CRYENGINE to shut down and then bitch because they got zero support from Crytek for their shitty game.

Is that so? Russian h4xorz save us once again

It's more probably the fact whenever a legal team tries to C&D a Russian development group the Russians have a habit of making it turn into the legal equivalent of the Battle of Stalingrad.

Will I be fucking myself if I play this using a HOTAS setup instead of a keyboard and mouse?

I could think of so many ways to head off cheesy builds, holy shit. A hardpoint system like MW4Mercs (probably the only good thing about that game), for example. I mean, yeah, you could still boat with SOME mechs, but that could be tweaked out with a little work.

And some mechs are canonically boats anyway, so…

OK, you know what? Anyone who says "muh boat cheese" while that monster is actually in the game - opinion discarded.

why not just like, step on the boat

sarna.net/wiki/Fafnir

Seriously, twin Heavy Gauss Rifles is insane.

Even the variants without twin Heavy Gauss are nuts (I don't know which variants are in the game, but they're all fucking nuts).

Care to elaborate?

If you earn enough to get a Fafnir it means you deserve it.

Russians have Chink mentality when it comes to copyright, i.e. any attempts to get them to stop what they are doing will get you tied up in legal red tape and any attempts to prosecute them will likely end in complete failure. In otherwords if PGI wanted to sue Russians they would probably bankrupt themselves and in the end it wouldn't be worth it.

wiki.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php?title=Fafnir

Here you are. It's retardedly powerful but also retardedly expensive Have fun refueling and repairing with that.
There's an Awesome build with four PPCs for half the price. No it doesn't overheat.

Oh, I'm not debating that. If you rack up the Cbills needed then hell yes you deserve to have access to that monster.

I'm just saying that if Fafnir is in, then I don't see why anyone would ever be scared of what a player with access to a MechLab could cook up.

How does MWLL handle weapon convergence, anyway? 4 PPC shots is a scary thing to have aimed at a pinpoint location.

Think they're dumb enough to do it anyway?

What PGI dumb enough? We're talking here about the company that sent a C&D letter to the lead developers of Crytek and then insist on using the Cryengine. What do you think?

I see no negative to this.

More like

Still acceptable. Better dead than PGI.

This outcome, is, acceptable.

At least that means we'll have LL and maybe someday they'll figure out how to make tools for a single player campaign.

It's actually not hard, but it would probably require a rework of pretty much all vehicle movement mechanics and a massive rebalance of the game

The rebalance, I get. Balance for PvP is always a different ball of wax from balance for PvE. But reworking the vehicle movement mechanics? Why that?

Have you seen how the vehicles move? Basically it's so clunky it would need to be cleaned up heavily otherwise AI would literally just get stuck on everything. And that's just the tanks. Godforbid you start trying to do the Mechs. Don't know if you've noticed in most Cryengine games but AI vehicles don't tend to move that well unless following a heavily scripted path in a relatively "clean" area. That's fine in a cookie clutter shooter like Far Cry, Crysis or hell even Homefront but in a vehicle focused game? That's just a nightmare.

.>>11764232
Because rocks and trees are your worst enemy as a tank.

It don't matter I fucked up a quote, I got them digits.

For the record, Catapult with BAP and ELRMs is bullshit.

Okay, I got a question. Has anyone tried the game because of this thread? I need to evaluate my shill tictacs.

I will give you quads of Kek for that, because it's unfortunately so true. Touch a pebble with a tank and it's like driving into hover dam.

I admit that I have sometimes started using ERMLS-Mauler when and if game starts stagnating and no one is attacking. It usually gets people moving in some maps.

Hey, I was just there playing on it.

If you were the one using blue and yellow colorscheme then I apologize.

By the way, what's your starter to-go purchase? Mine would probably be the ER PPC Chevalier. Good range and packs a punch, LBXs help deal with annoying BA.
After a promotion or two I like to get Chimera G, NARC, LRM 20s and large x pulse laser. It's fast so you can put a narc into someone and run away while you and your friendlies bombard the shit out of them.
And the Demolisher with 2x20ACs and GECM hold a special place in my heart. Only new players don't immediately start backing off when one rolls up on them. It can stand toe to toe even with heavies and some assaults.

Pretty sure I was on your team but no nicknames because of Holla Forums's nature.

Nice to see footage of this with someone who can actually shoot. Most videos of this on youtube are fucking painful to watch.

X-Pulse Osiris always. I usually manage a few quick kills with it before switching to something heavier. Chevys are a decent choice, good armour but kinda shit for damage. LL Owens is good for the same reason and the Heavy Laser Uller is popular too. Just don't fucking touch the Solitaire. It's got fuck all armour and new players always pick it then end up feeding.

I have no interest in going full Sanic.

And Raven Prime is probably the best scouting mech thanks to its BAP, GECM, MASC and iNARC but even when I tell people "guys, I'll be narcing" nobody brings any missile votes.

Depending on the map, but usually it's either LL Owens or HLL Uller.

Thought on the LXPL Chevalier vs the other ones?

Good luck keeping a XPL or UAC on target while moving in a wheeled vehicle. But it is probably one of the better Chevys.

Stats for all the weapons and mechs are here: stats.spikx.net/mwll/stats.html if anyone wanted them.

I just discovered yesterday that the flamethrower harrasser is lethal on the lava map. Like, you can reliably kill mediums. If they eject before exploding, you kill them instantly because flamethrowers are the best anti-battlearmor weapon.

Other than that, whatever has MASC. Cap points and run like hell.

New player here, is there a mech-killer or armour-killer vehicle similar to anti tank guns? i want to ambush some mechs

That's not a PAK, that's a Sturmgeschütz

see

It's a slow tank that can move under the radar for the most part thanks to its GECM, meaning you won't appear on enemy's radar until you are 300m or so near them. And that's a good thing because its weapons have only 350m range but rip and tear through armor. Unfortunately it's expensive as hell.

I'm loving this but I'm shit, there are so many vehicles to choose from.

You can take a look at wiki.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php?title=Main_Page and see descriptions of weapons, vehicles, mechs and shit. Some of it is outdated but should give you a general idea what does what.

How do you set the weapon groups? I was told arrow keys and enter. I told them enter does nothing, and they just repeated arrow keys. I can move the selector around just fucking fine, but how do I do anything with it? Enter does nothing.

Use the actionmapper. In the vehicle tab it's listed as Toggle Weapon. Make sure that's bound to a key that works.

thanks,I'll check it out. hopefully I wont overheat with all the info.

Just open up a beer and flush coolant

Flamethrower Harrasser is trollish as fuck. Sadly most of the time you won't get the points for them overheating and them committing suicide but that little thing can be beyond OP early game depending on the map.

Fuck you

Apparently today was the highest number of people online at the same time- 140 or so.

Great success!

Neat. But where the fuck are these people coming from? It's spiked so heavily and I'm wondering why. Did some youtuber faggot pick it up?

Multiple actually, but they picked it up because it got a new patch.

If there isn't something on that wiki you can check the battletech one, if it's there it probably works the same way in LL.
sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page

HAPPY 5 DAYS ANNIVERSARY

It looks like they are about to fuck.

Yeah. Czech.

Not part of western Europe.

Please post more webms

what is this meme, the dev for 8.0 is american, and none of the contributors are russian either

I came into this thread just to call you my Nigga

I think the scariest players arent the ones that can ping you in the cockpit, but can shoot off your arms and leg you without much effort.

Amusing notion.

One of the guys is apparently from Croatia so that's basically USSR, good luck trying to C&D anyone there

The closest it gets is thunderbird, who's czech, but I don't even think he's a contributor, who are you talking about?

I don't have a name.

I'll make some more webm's tomorrow. Or today depending on where you live.

Welp, the recording software apparently shat the bed with the audio.

God damn I hate the team solaris arena mode.

Also yesterday I saw a mixed tech server, IS gets only IS tech, Clans get only Clan.

Thats how I play on regular servers. I did it to not get overwhelmed by all the choices when I started. I'll have to check it out.

Weirdly relevant.

I like mechwarrior, I like mwll, I hate what they did to balance.
Why they rebalanced most of light mechs? How should I confront heavy mechs on light without good weapons when I'm joined at the end? Or if someone already get heavy mech in the beginning.

With your team. Or don't. You shouldn't engage mechs that vastly outclass you without support. Just run off and cap or wait for backup.

And even if you join late it is not hard to catch up. You get more points for damaging mechs that have weight advantage. Take something that's difficult to kill like the LL Owens and snipe at assault mechs. It's not hard to get enough cash to switch to a heavy. Also, git gud.

Trash

Owens with large laser or something similar, depending on map, PPC Osiris might as well work. Don't try to solo enemy mechs if you are not confident that you will be able to destroy that and disengage without dying. Disengage from a fight early, if you see a heavy or assault mech suddenly starting to rip and tear through your front ranks just fucking run to your max weapons distance and shoot it from a safe distance.

Also, while this is not directed at you, but towards new players in general. If you're going to battlearmor it out in the field, those mPPC's you're wielding are not going to do anything against assault mechs. I mean yes, sure you are doing grand total of 2% damage per shot to a single component. Target light mechs or howercrafts preferably, those things have shit armor in the first place and will likely have to withdraw from the field if you can hit them dozen times or so with mPPC's.

Very broadly, you don't engage heavies or assaults alone in a light ever, it should be trivial to avoid them completely, or take a light with long range weaponry and harass.
If you're more skilled, consider taking an Owens E and come into line of sight, get off 1 or 2 MRM volleys onto the target, then break LOS, try to stay at dead sprint and moving laterally at all times (this takes some practice guiding MRMs whilst moving laterally). MRMs are more effective against larger targets since more of the missiles in your swarm will actually connect with the target, so they're perfect for hitting heavies and assaults.
I can usually join a game in the last 10 minutes, take the Owens E and have enough money to buy an assault mech by the time I come back to repair/rearm.

Also you can assist without engaging with TAG or just LRM support for money, TAG pays a fuckton if you have someone actually firing LRMs/Arrows.

Really?

Holy fuck there are so many new guys, I was able to get a clan heavy mechlast round

It's 3AM and I'm watching the battletech cartoon. What is going on

That's a pretty cool guy.

Holy shit, it's insane just how many pilots commit to trying to fight VTOLs. I guess people just have it in their head that "jet > helicopter" and try to apply the same logic to Mech Warrior.

Eh, I think if both equally skilled players fight vtol vs aero the aero guy wins. VTOLs are easier to fly but aeros are faster and more agile.

Faster, yes, but VTOLs have such an insanely small turning circle that once you know where an Aerofighter is, it's incredibly difficult for them to actually shake your aim off.

I don't understand what I'm doing in this game but it's fun.

For you~

You too, I guess.

lmao clan test tube babby

Jesus christ how do you get that quality? I barely get 20 fps most of the time on minimum settings, I have a ultra peecee gayming rig and this shit's painful to play. Is there some setting or patch to fix it? My processor is just average for games, is it that processor demanding?

Exact specs would help, but you really shouldn't be getting that low fps. I used to play this shit on an old 6850 and got decent frames on med/low. You do get correct performance on other games right?

You can try looking for Crysis Warhead console commands for better performance.

QUESTION!

Does anyone know what's the default fov and how to change it?

The problem is mechs are balanced around their cost to purchase, so if you gave people a mech lab you'd suddenly lose any easy way to balance different mechs, since the same exact weapons and equipment on two different mechs might be too powerful on one chassis but balanced on another, meaning any cost changes you make to a mech chassis or piece of equipment would effect everything globally, unless you did some convoluted system where equipment costs are dependant on the mech chassis you attach them to.

the game runs fine for most, you might be running off your integrated graphics card like some dumb faggot or something.

What about leaving mechlabs as a server dependent setting at least?

That's a lot of work for something not many people would probably use from a team that still hasn't added all the mechs in and hasn't finished making all of the cockpits.

What's your specifications. There's no fucking way Crysis should be running badly on a homoman PC in this day and age.

Do you want to know something extremely fun? They apparently had a somewhat functioning prototype of a mechlab in their internal builds before PGI/OINK OINK-PIG C&D'd them. I mean it was supposed to come out in the next major release that never came.

Of course it happened this way.

Try this
tweakguides.com/Crysis_10.html

VTOLs fill more or less the same role as helicopters. Infact, the donar bears a striking resemblance to the helicopters in MW3.

On the note of flight controls, the vertical pitch is inverted by default. If you want to aim down by moving the mouse forward, you need to input v_invertvtolpitchcontrol 1 into the console

Also, you can hold shift to fly in the direction your nose is pointing faster than you can fly by pitching forward.

Is it actually worth playing with a joystick (i.e. you can fire one direction while flying in another)? Because I don't want to set mine up if it's barely an advantage, or actually a disadvantage (using a joystick in "realistic" mode for War Thunder, as an example, puts you at a disadvantage.)

You gonna keep switching between mouse/keyboard and joystick?

I was planning on flying exclusively, with a name like "CIA's Flight Agency For Big Guys"

Why the fuck isn't there a singleplayer/test mode where I can check on my controls? For fuck's sake.

The crash also came out of nowhere. I wasn't pitching upwards, I put the throttle up, my plane pitches straight up after like 40 feet and stalls? Cool. And my rudder controls weren't working.

As far as I know, 0.8.2 does not have joystick capability.

then why is it in the controls

I use a gamepad, you got one laying around?

Used to, not right now :(

It's a bug specific to 0.8.2. It wasn't present until this version, but it may be fixed next patch, no promises

Also this is an underrated post, considering there's a player with the ingame name "Bane the Big Guy"

Frustrating, but the at least it's long enough for me to get some real play in before I lose my rank and monies. Finally managed to earn 100k after a few hours of getting the hang of things.

I'll go ahead and say something real fast. As most of you who knew about MWLL before the 8.0 update probably know, the main reason Wandering Samurai ended up ceasing development was due to PIG more or less serving up a C&D order, which from what I understood happened mostly due to WS's work on including a Mechlab. PIG, being the jews they are, didn't like the thought that MWLL might distract the MWO playerbase from throwing money at their shitty cashgrab game by being a better game than MWO on an old-ass outdated engine.

This never actually happened, Wandering Samurai has/had a license from Microsoft to create LL, they were given freedom so long as it wasn't monetized. The wandering samurai devs were also employees of crytek however, and so PGI approached them at a trade show or something of that nature and asked/told them to shut living legends down.
Legally they have no ground to stand on since WS has a license from Microsoft, but WS decided they didn't want to risk their jobs for the mod (PGI was a prominent customer of crytek at the time and WS feared that not complying with their request could cause issues with their employment).
The threat now is that Invictus, the man who is basically the new dev, is American, so not beyond legal authority, and DOESN'T have a license like WS had, though one of the contributors apparently contacted PGI or something like that and asked what the line was going to be, and they said no mechlab.
I can't verify the last story there though and when invictus told me it was something he had heard from someone else.

Bane the big guy just larps being a kike and shills a general thread on cuckchan and begs people to shill MWLL in it. Quality players

Every time he dies he blames it on RACISM

What a hothead

So that's where all the cringe's coming from

I'll try these thanks

That might be possible, there isnt an option to change that like in old games but who knows i'll try that too

For everyone asking for specs, im on my work laptop I cant post screenshots: cpu fx 6200, gpu rx 4800, 16gb ram. Like I said the cpu is just average but none of the games I've tried run like this, on lowest settings even moders shit like the witcher runs at least on 30fps

There is some unique kind of fun to cut these with my BA squad armed with BA MHL

No mech lab I can live with anyway, since it is better for balance in the long run. THe only issue I really have with current dev team is that they are afraid to change the meta, which I have to assume is due to the megalomaniacal moshpit of metagaming that is their Chaos March event.

kek, people tend to underestimate how dangerous those little assholes are

youtube.com/watch?v=uRnIYRtLTMo

About the mechlab, why not just use limited points per type of mech, and make clan tech cost more than IS. Everyone can build whatever they want with the same resources and it should be balanced

What a nerd.

The worst kind of damage BAs do is wasting your time, making you chase little spastic fuckers while enemy caps shit and fortifies.

Or worse, you have such a ball shooting at the little tards that you forget there are bigger, stompier mechs shooting at YOU and you arent shooting back.

Limited points already exist in the form of tonnage, but in the interest of avoiding the ridiculousness that was the MechWarrior 3 Mechlab, the team would need to use the hardpoint system alongside tonnage. Basically, it would need to be something like how MWO's mechlab works (which, ironically, PGI managed to do extremely well but has not been listening to the suggestions their community has given about the whole heat issue.)

Also, wouldn't Crytek and PGI risk action against them from the FTC if WS was fired for defending their license?

You jelly cuz I got lasers on my legs?

disconnecting sucks but if you recon you keep your rank and money, but not the mech you were driving. Unless someone grabbed it and gave it back to you.

Also, you might be wrong. While a formal C&D was never issued, the farewell message may have been changed.

the warm wheeled cripple ate my post

the new secret dev team is a bunch of russians in a run down nuclear silo. Invictus is just some faggio running the discord don't be stupid silly.

kek

Life was good. I'm pretty sure he was targeting me after. I think he was using the cheese mech with the 4 PPCs on it.

I dont know, most of the time the tonnage difference between is and clan is so small, you'll almost always equip clan but it can work too

heh

Daishi?

Bless their commie hearts.

Sounds like Masakari.

How the fuck are they even dangerous? Just run past them. They're not going to do jack shit in middle of nowhere when nearest mech is kilometer away.

ppcs

The PPC they can take is pretty dangerous at range. If you're in a slow, immobile mech, there's a good chance they will kill you, especially if they take the AC/2 and either the small beam laser or the MHL.

In fact, the AC/2 has the highest DPS of all the BA weapons, with the SBL right behind it.

If I remember correctly, it was explained to me that this guy was making an assumption about the threats that PGI issued against them, essentially threatening them that they could get microsoft to withdraw their non commercial license if they so chose, but WS ceased development before any real action was actually taken.

I don't know what you mean by that, the meta was changed brutally (in terms of mech variants) from 0.7.1 to 0.8.0, lots of mech variants that were considered some of the best were completely removed, and the economy changed drastically.
Chaos March is changing soon to attempt to make things like long toms and arrowIVs more rare so it's more about mech fights, but aside from that, the meta isn't going to change much.
Also of course the meta is centered around chaos march, literally every contributor and the main dev has been playing chaos march for the last 4-5 years and only like one guy on the team gives a shit about the pubs because he owns some servers.
So what do you mean by "afraid to change the meta", the meta has no reason to change at the moment, people are picking from a wider variety of mechs than ever before, there's more viable variants than ever before.

This is precisely my problem with the balancing. Competitive needs to be balanced around the game, not the other way around. My issue with the game's balance as it stands is that so heavily built around Chaos March is the game balance that even in pub games, the cookie-cutter team composition shits so hard on off-meta picks that the players are sometimes forced to choose between winning and playing the way that is most fun for them.

Or rather, they get immediately shit on and the mechs/vehicles that would normally be fun to use are rendered useless

I still don't really understand, what variants aren't viable because they're off meta? If anything Chaos march goes way off meta more than pubs because you're restricted to what assets you have available to you and how many. The meta has always been (and will always be) to work with teammates, most variants, if they're not raw damage at a specific range, or over various ranges, are made to work in tandem with another mech with a piece of equipment that complements them (TAG, AECM, C3) that will make them competitive, or just need to work with a light who can distract the enemy while they alpha strike the target. Things like that.

The problem is that most pub games don't have that level of coordination. There arent enough assets that can competently hold out on their own in a pinch. I'm not talking about assets that can outright 3v1 and destroy everyone or anything like that, but something that has the strategic viability to hold the line; that is, it can be played in a clever manner and potentially 3v1, but doesn't require such an extreme level of skill that the moment somebody does it the asset gets nerfed into oblivion to counter that player.

There are new battle armors in the works, but there is a lot of debate about how effective BA are allowed to be, and almost all of that stems from how infuriatingly skilled a player by the name of Marius is with BA. I have been more or less told "We have to be really careful about adding and balancing new battle armor because of people like Marius who are really good with battle armor"

pls no
If I wanted to play tribes or quake, I would.

Damn oreofighters trolling the shit out of me.

Wars in Battletech have been won and lost by infantry even more than with mechs, land vehicles, or aerospace.

Nobody is forcing you to play infantry, so you've no right to complain about new ones being added just on the merit of them being added.

Yes I do.

Figure of speech.

That really doesn't matter, because they always could be. It's already REALLY easy to just get 2 people together and coordinate on a team and it makes all the difference in the world, and that's the way it should be. Not every mech can or should be a frontline brawler or DPS monster, while those have their places, there's equally a place for support assets that, yes, are not that useful in terms of damage on their own, but become a force-multiplier when coordinated with a friendly unit.
Nothing should really be able to 3v1 without a large amount of skill other mechs in the same price range short of a close range brawler getting up into the face of long range/support mechs or something like that. In a real fight though, there's plenty of assets to take if you know how to pilot, almost anything with decent guns and IJJs is great at running circles around someone in an urban or mountain combat, I've fought and killed 2 heavies at roughly the same time in a cougar F more than once before and most mediums I see as free kills, and things like the warhammer prime can stomp most things lighter than itself into the ground without a real fight if you can aim half decently, I HIGHLY recommend using it for newbies if you can afford it. Even the Owens E, a starting asset, I use when everyone else has heavies and assaults because you're now a very fast target relative to everyone else, and small, but MRMs still do serious damage.
There's plenty of assets available that have amazing potential, a lot of it comes down to pilot skill, which leads to the next point.
Marius is one of about 3 people in BA who can really showcase the apex of skill that can be achieved in BA, and it's terrifying. BAs already have incredible potential when put in the hands of someone who's experienced and smart, like Marius or Saber15 (not to mention that you basically have full functionality of a BA at roundstart and so money is no real object, AND they can spawn and arm themselves from APCs anywhere on the map). Similar to how people like Proxema are exceptionally skilled in Mechs, or StarWraith are skilled in Aeros. When they say they need to be careful about changing BAs because of people like Marius, what they probably meant were "BAs are already very powerful currently, as demonstrated by Marius, who can already hold his own with heavies and assaults in a BA, and because BAs cost almost nothing, he reaches this apex at roundstart",
most people in the community like Marius, he's been around a long time and he's a valued member of the community, they're not doing it to spite him or something. Even new players in BAs that are starting to get better are dangerous in groups, and people who are skilled but not Marius tier are still very dangerous, so I don't see any reason for BA to get outright more powerful, though variants would be cool. It's already been stated that BAs are going to be made less floaty so that they present less easy targets midair, but I don't know what the future holds for them beyond that.

I guess I have a lot more to say about this, but I shouldn't be writing constant autistic walls of text, but in general I don't think the balance should be made around a low common denominator (random pubs who have no interest in teamwork, coordination or mutual support).

Well, I actually came up with a fairly coherent plan for making dedicated BA less powerful right off the get go.

First and foremost would be to replace the Elemental/Longinus with power armor like the Nighthawk, which is less durable, but smaller and three times faster on the ground. They would, as a result, have a much more limited, but more situational, choice of weaponry. They would have one weapon that they can swap out for other weapons that they don't lose on entering a vehicle, a melee attack useable for a ballsy bayonet charge against medium BA or lighter, a survival kit that they can pull out and use to heal (but not recharge their suit) faster, and complete invisibility to radar due to the combination of small size, stealth armor, and a built-in ECM.

The trade off is that the only weapon with anti-mech capabilities would be the Gyrojet rifle, which would deprive them of a ranged anti-BA/infantry weapon unless we give them a laser pistol for fighting pilots and light BA.

The medium battle armor would then be a purchasable option for dedicated BA, and with some damage, pricing, and range balancing to some weapons, could be given some new, potentially better toys so that they have a dangerous apex that takes longer to achieve, but will still be outclassed by BA variants that are better at specific tasks than the jack-of-all-trades that is the Elemental/Longinus.

This sounds fine to me as long as speed/ping is kept reasonable because BAs are already fast enough (in the air) that hit detection gets a little weird with hitscan weapons if the server is stressed because they're such small targets relatively. Aside from that it would be cool to have a progression for BAs

This is actually intended to serve two purposes: First, to give pilots an incentive to eject for a legitimate tactical purpose, and second, to have a more flexible infantry role that, while not particularly viable for a fully dedicated infantry squad, can freely swap between pilot and footsoldier as the situation requires.

On a side note, the increased speed gives you a better chance of getting all up in a heavy or assault mech's face and staying there, while also giving you a better ability to retreat or reposition. The Gyrojet will, if you land all 10 shots on the same component, do the same damage as the ppc, but all direct rather than 20% splash. Meaning if you are really, really good with your movement, you could potentially hijack an enemy mech if you land on their face.

Also, by hitscan you obviously mean lasers. Simple solution: use low-caliber autocannons or machineguns. Lasers are very inconsistent about delivering damage to such small targets for several reasons, but UACs, Lbx5s and ac2s are much better at it.

Not just lasers, but even munitions have issues hitting BAs (in the air) because of convergence, the shot will pass by to the side of where you actually were aiming because it's trying to converge on a point behind the BA unless you have your cursor directly on the BA, in which case the BA will not be there when your shot gets there.
The shit with lasers is half netcode, and half a bug with BAs that's getting fixed where they have a part in their torso where they're invulnerable, not a huge deal though since I prefer killing them with SRMs or other explosives.

Fucking ssrms are strong as fuck.

By the way, what's the difference between ATM standard and ATM HE besides range? HE does more damage? Bigger splash?

HE does more damage, but has a longer lock on time and fires slower for maximum fuck you screen shake. Both are pretty shit compared to other missiles though.

Explain.

But isn't the game dead?

truly a disgusting hambeast

stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

so you're saying it kinda is?

Anyway I'll try it sometime, I am really tired of how shit and boring MWO is.

For a years old mod that already got killed once it ain't so bad.

It was at 130 something around newyears

2 constantly full servers of around 25 players is amazing for a mod outside of current year standars (pubs with no matchmaking, slow paced, hard to play, not on steam or any platform, almost null advertisement)

See the stats: stats.spikx.net/mwll/stats.html

Basically, an ATM 12 does less damage, weighs more and has less range than a LRM 20. Plus most mechs that use ATMs as a primary weapon kinda suck. See shit like the Mad Cat E.

The only advantage I see them having is on mechs with jump jets. Since they fly straight they might work better than LRMs. Everything else would likely be better with a SSRM or LRM instead.

ATMs are only really shit for close-range combat, at mid-to-long range their short lock-on and high damage-per-missile makes them a great middle ground between LRMs and MRMs.

ATMs have a higher speed, more maneuverability and a flatter trajectory though.

I've been on imageboards for a long time.
this is weird shit right here

jesus christ

HE ATMs do lots of splash damage, have no minimum arming distance, and fire in sequence slowly, very good for keeping the target's screen shaking and making it hard for them to retaliate, its damage is meh though since it's spread across the mech.

Standard ATMs do more damage per missile, are more accurate and harder to avoid, in general more of them strike towards the CT so they're better for outright killing targets, they can pull good anti air duty, they're MUCH better than LRMs if you can get into range.
holy shit git gud the madcat E is a DPS powerhouse, you can kill a thanatos in 10 seconds flat if you alpha strike

About assaults- is it me or are Daishi loadouts kind of meh? Obviously it packs a punch but its loadouts are all over the place, there's barely any "specialization".

It has the worst DPS of all the Mad Cats. Why don't you actually check the link I provided.

Yeah. Most aren't that great for the price. The A and D are the only ones I bother with. Everything else is either too awkward to use or has massive heat issues.

they are more "generalized" than doing something specific. the Widowmaker variant is a close-range brawler, but thats about as specific as they get. Regarding heat issues, you just need to regroup the weapons that fire so its not an alpha strike (or everything at once).

DPS is probably the wrong term to use, but the Madcat E is still a beast when it comes to damage output.

Honestly, DPS in general seems like a poor metric given how slow Mech Warrior is compared to the sort of games you'd traditionally apply DPS to. Going by DPS charts alone, the Arrow and Thunderbolt lines of missiles are some of THE worst missiles in the game, but I don't think anyone would actively choose to take a Thunderbolt to the mid-section.

Yeah, I guess that's my problem with them, I am a simple man and like simple things, like Demolisher prime.

Is using a stick instead of a mouse viable?

There's some bug in the current build of the game, so no. And even if there wasn't I'd say only viable for aeros.

Why don't you actually pilot the mech instead of jerking off about stats, you seemed to think ATMs were better than LRMs because of stats, which is frankly hilarious. The madcat's ERPPCs allow it to pinpoint its damage on components, if you hit any of the torsos, the ATMs will complement your damage spectacularly at 750m.

I think the stats in general in MWLL are completely misleading on paper, plenty of mechs don't look great on paper, but are great in practice for some quirks that you might not have anticipated.

You're completely right about DPS. There's a lot more factors to consider. But I do think it is a good indicator of how good a weapon is in a straight shoot out.

Nothing wrong with that. Ease of use is significant factor.

I have piloted the mech. That's exactly how I came to the conclusion that it sucks. The Prime or B do everything the E does but better. I can't see any reason I'd take it over the other two except maybe ECM.

Well, here's a fact to consider. PPCs do 20% of their damage in splash damage, which means that it is less effective against anything that is armored against splash damage. Gauss, on the other hand, does not have that problem, but also does not deal splash damage and does not disrupt electronics.

God damn, Puma with all heavy lasers packs a punch.

And it has respectable armor to boot.

If you see a guy named "batuta" feel free to call him a fag and to commit a painful suicide. Not even Bane shits out that many stale memes and unfunny jokes per minute.

All he does if fucking talk. Its unbearable.

Can i play as elemental?

Battle armor is all you get.For now.

The Elemental is the battle armor you spawn in on the Clan side. No functional difference from the IS Longinus currently though.

Pure tech is fun, but I feel like clanside is lacking in the start.