How do i make this game feel less old? The awful cluttered interface/HUD...

How do i make this game feel less old? The awful cluttered interface/HUD, wonky shooting and fucked up brightness settings are really keeping me away from enjoying its story.

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/mods/gmdx/tutorials/gmdx-v6-installation-guide
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Deus_Ex#Deus_Exe
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This board requires you to be 18 years or older to post. Thank you for your time.

You don't. It's shit by today's standards, that's just how it is. Not like you're missing much anyway, Holla Forumsirgins like to praise it, but it's nothing special.

it's not bad because it's old, it's just bad because it's bad. Don't listen to people who defend outright awful design decisions.

Maybe something like the Deus Ex games made for consoles or Fallout 3 would be more your style, OP.

why are people so condescending about their awful tastes? It's like being told you don't like call of duty because you're bad at it. No, people don't like it because it's an irritating or boring chore to play. Same with morrowind fans and VTMB fans. Just terrible games. Is wanting good game play so offensive?

I hate this word. It sounds awkward to say, for one, and I feel there are better adjectives you can use to describe whatever you're talking about.
In short, wonky is a shitty word and I hate it.

G M D X

Looks cool, will it work with the Steam version?

No

I'm playing with this mod now and it doesn't really change anything apart from introducing a handful of majorly visually conflicting mods. There was another SP mod I tried which gave you exp for every kill/ko that smoothed out the game play that was far better than this.

Still had it be a dice roll lol game so you really can't salvage much there

Oh, okay.

moddb.com/mods/gmdx/tutorials/gmdx-v6-installation-guide

New version supposed to be coming out soon though.

Is the latest steam version different now?

You install GMDX and stop being a little underage bitch.

Wrong, fuckwad

Try killing yourself, that should stop most of your faggotry.

GMDX fucks with the spider bots though.

I recently played it again for the third or fourth time and it was as good as ever

It's anything but cluttered. Idiot.

Go away Square Enix.

Back cuckchan you.

Get on my level. I enjoy games of all ages, including NES/SNES/DOS.

Modern games must have dumbed you down, kid.

I guess OP just needs to play SJW Deus ex.

The hell is this fetal alcohol syndrome snowflake

No matter how many times I see this chimp she always looks uglier than the last time.

Augs live matter dude, keep up with the times you bigoted human supremacist.

Man, I fucking hate hipster fashion.

"Wonky" and "clunky" are synonyms of "I can't execute enemies with an invincible animation"

Deus Ex is bad? Is this the new hipster opinion?

is the underage opinion. At some point oldfags leave and newfags try to play "the classics". And thus Deus Ex enters a select category of "shit games" that include titles such as Zelda OoT, FF7, Chrono Trigger, System Shock 1 and many more

Serious question: How old are you?

I played System Shock 2 and Deus Ex for the first time a few years ago and thought they were rad as fuck.

AAA shit gobbling faggots like 526188 are only going to become more common.

Where did he say the game was bad?

see

Funny thing is for system shock is that I played it for the first time ever maybe 2 months ago and it easily became one of the best things in vidya i've ever done. Holy shit all I could think about every day is when I'll get to continue playing it

as for graphics imo they looked great. Something about lower poly stuff makes it look much better than many of the modern games you see

System Shock 2 a unique enough style and pretty good lighting. For its time the NPC models where still trash though. Although I get spooked by those mutans all time because of that.

And this games still gets updated ever since the engine was remade.

SS2 is shit, but that's more of a product of its actual design flaws as opposed to being """outdated""". I played it and regretted it because it had the exact same issues as the Bioshock series for me, I might try out SS1 in a few months but overall I think Deus Ex was the better cyberpunk FPSRPG hybrid.

Where are all these halfchan and underage retards coming from? It wasn't like this six months ago.

The board's been this way for about a year, dunno where you've been. Sorry you got the terminal shit taste.

Stop being a child.
Deus Ex is an RPG, not an FPS. Casual fucks like you moaning about muh wonky gameplay are responsible for the lack of true RPGs in this day and age.
Install Deus.exe and the Direct3D10 renderer this is listed right at the top of the pcgamingwiki page and even 2 minutes of searching would have found you a similar solution.

You're a fucking retard.

pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Deus_Ex#Deus_Exe
Follow that section and the section directly below about the Direct3D 10 renderer. If Mark were competent there'd be a sticky telling people to automatically check pcgamingwiki for any PC game (doubly so those older than ~8 years or so) before playing. Of course that wouldn't be Nintendo so good luck on it happening.

I didn't like SS2 because felt boring as shit to me. Except for that last part. Holy shit, I wish the game had some more of that sprinkled in.

So far I'm liking SS1 MUCH better.

Depends on the person I guess. I fucking loved the atmosphere right from the start and exploring the spooky as shit monster infested space station was exactly what I wanted from a game

why would he do that? PC gaming doesn't matter. It's a meme platform, redditor.

I feel like getting blueballed by the atmosphere might have been what turned me off, too. I was expecting deep-space horror, but because of the fast pace of the combat and how straightforward most objectives were, I just got more of a thriller vibe. I just kind of felt like I was chased by monsters on a Spaceship, nothing more.

Damn, now I feel like playing a comfy deep space game.

yes, there's a ridiculous amount of hyperbole and not enough honesty surrounding pretty much any "PC gaming classic." These games are pretty much devoid of any criticism and when you're faced with the flaws, expressing them is pretty much heretical, ignored, and swept away.

SS2's joke AI makes combat fucking pathetic. They literally recycled with AI from thief's guards and a few monster and called it a day. Its not a scary game in the slightest.

Git gud

neo-Holla Forums is made entirely of niggers

Sweet proxy.

This thread caused some major triggering.

OoT and FF7 are shit

You could try the Deus Ex reloaded or something mod, it replaces the graphics and textures but also does shit like changing the music (you can select the original though)

GMDX is the only worthwhile mod. The guy making it has his shit together and understands what the game is about and what needs improvement (mainly enemy AI, balancing out skills and augs and graphical touchups).

Acclimate.

As much as if like to believe that I doubt it since GMDX 9 has been delayed six weeks so far because nobody can compile it into an installer package

I meant in terms of knowing how to fix the game's major drawbacks. More often than not "rebalancing" mods tend to wildly miss the mark when it comes to actually fixing a game's balance.

Fuck user, its not even that archaic. I played through it fine a couple years ago and I am fucking garbage at games.

Mods can't fix it, at least in terms of it feeling 'old'. It's an old game.

Learn to like it despite its age or stop playing it.
I don't mean that with any disrespect, but it's a game that can only be properly appreciated if you're able to set yourself in the right mindset.

Maybe you should put it aside and pick it up once you're older and not such an impudent little shit with no concept of taste.

It's better than the shitshow DXHR is.

But it's embarassing that it came from the same devs as Thief.

Is this bait? What's wrong with the HUD?

Stop being a faggot.

Holla Forums, I am disappoint.

t. Holla Forums

What did jews did to you??? Fucking nazi racist capitalist swine

it didn't. The key figures on thief were not the key figures on deus ex. Spector was just a producer, very little creative input.

HR is better in the ways that matter, although skills in the original are more interesting. That's about it.

Sounds like somebody has yet to read Mein Kampf.

Our current day society eerily reflects Weimar Republic-era Germany.

Any game that uses automatic take downs in place of player driven melee combat isn't better than anything

If you like cover-based shooting, cover-based stealth, padded linear stages and being led by the hand through dialogue trees, sure

It's also good if you hate RPGs since they dumbed down DX's already simple leveling mechanics by combining skills and augmentations into the same thing and making most of them designed around the pointless hacking minigame

RIP Warren

He used to work on good games, now he's just a virtue signalling faggot

He used to be on teams of people that made good games, yes, but he's always been a talentless hack.

The cheat for an EMP blast in Deus Ex was iamwarren as a reference to his complete technological illiteracy. I still don't understand why he gets all the fame for Deus Ex when it's obvious he's always been full of shit.

The are the second best games in their series', surpassed only by A Link to the Past and FF6 respectively.
Majora's Mask is shit.

FF7 is fucking garbage mate, FF9 and FF5 are way better on every regard that matters.

That same cheat works in SS2, if I remember correctly.

The higher ups always get the credit for success, even when its not necessarily due to them. I don't think he's worked on a single good game since Ion Storm.

You need to fiddle with the settings, and possibly get a fix/mod (forget which one now, just google). It's been updated fairly recently, and runs fine on modern hardware (with extra effects like AO).
The shooting will always feel like shit, but the HUD and visuals of the game should be fine if set up right.

I'll give you 5, but the combat in 9 is unbearably slow. It makes the entire game feel like a chore.

Stop being a faggot, play the game, get used to it.

You don't. Even when it was released the game is considered ugly. And why play old games, if you don't like games that feel old?

They own me and try to exterminate my people.

Shut the fuck up and let me continue to hate the ones that try and hurt me and my family or you will end up in the oven aswell.

t. Holla Forums

Most people don't even use the word correctly. "Wonky" means crooked/not straight.

Played the game for the first time not too long ago and it was perfectly fine, you simply need to git gud, faggot

Because he obviously hasn't even tried to get used to it, and he just came here to complain instead. It also sounds like you haven't gotten used to the way people talk around here.

Fuck off, Mark.

I remember when I first played Deus Ex, I thought it was clunky too, and I put it down for a few months. Then I came back to it, played through the whole tutorial and the Statue of Liberty mission and was hooked, definitely worth going through tbh.

I played Deus Ex for the first time a little before HR came out. At this time, I was mega casual. A couple months after HR came Dark Souls and I quit that at Taurus because of my lack of getting gud. Yet I played Deus Ex from start to finish without a problem.

If a casual console kiddie who only used his laptop for internet and WoW can beat Deus Ex and not find any issue with it, then so can you.

Deus ex is piss easy, not really worth playing through. Holla Forums plays so few games once they force themselves to beat one, they love it when in reality it is absolute shit.

t-thanks