Eastern series that Western devs got right

Title pretty much says it. What game for a Eastern series did a Western developer get right? And, if possible, show where the reverse has happened (Western series that an Eastern developer got right).

Note: remakes, spiritual successors, and the like do not count. It has to officially be part of the series and a new installment.

None.

Dont get me started

Don't

LOL

What the fuck were you honestly expecting from this thread, OP?

Outside of the numerous Japanophiles rushing in to declare that no such thing exists…

People actually listing games that were well developed outside of their native land.

here is a non-bait contribution. It may not have been the best game in the series, but it was a good game

It was better than any of the shitty PSX/PS2 Contra games.

Do you have anything to back that opinion up?

Yeah, this masterpiece.

sauce?

It delivered in laughs

Right isn't the word, just less wrong than others. I still maintain a SH3 version of it wih actual combat could have genuine potential.

Old Strider games are fucking shit.

That is plausible. Still far the best western SH.

And? 2014 is just as good as the PSX version or the arcade version. Same sense of speed and mobility and same fun n fast gameplay with satisfying weapons and skills.
The only thing that truly sucks about Strider 2014 is that the map interface is fucking shit and based on that backtracking can be a pain.

The US GOLD and the NES ones are shit. The rest are good.

Bite me ;)

NES Strider is a completely different game from the Arcade one and pretty good on its own right

I never liked it. Anything that wasn't a straight forward sidescroller on the NES pretty much fell flat on its ass in my opinion, besides Bionic Commando.
Speaking of Bionic Commando isn't Rearmed a western studio?

Hate to break it to you OP, but there really aren't too many. Whenever western devs get their hands on a Japanese IP, they almost always try to westernize it, which never fails in sucking out all the charm the original had. The reason we like jap games is because of their brand of weird, over-the-top, or flat-out crazy bullshit, which we westerners just can't quite emulate due to the cultural divide. Some devs don't even try to emulate that stuff when they've got the IP, they'll just take the IP in a totally different direction that absolutely no one wants, and people end up hating it.

Does it really count if it started off as a nip company that moved to the US?

Yes, Rearmed 1 and 2 were by different devs. 2 is shit

You mean Hawaiian company

Silly billy, there isn't a Bionic Commando Rearmed 2.
I'm curious about the 3D one. How bad/good is it, outside of THAT twist?

This one? The main game was shit, but the multiplayer was fucking amazing if you could manage to round up some people.

honestly it makes DR4 sting all the more when they cracked the formula on their first try

Donkey Kong Country is a western series though

Is that Strider? What the fuck happened to it?

Its a western take on an eastern franchise

The best part about that game on pc is that it doesn't work on amd machines at all.
Zombies have their limbs and heads missing and it still hasn't been fixed.
I enjoyed the game on my old intel/nvidia one a lot.

I'm with you right until that Timeskip bullshit. The "twist" ending and goat lecturing you on kingdom hearts metaphors didn't help much either.

I don't remember that at all from Lords of Shadow.

If capcom releases a genuine sombrero edition, I would preorder it.

There's this celtic goat god at the beginning of the game, and throuought the game you can level up light and dark attacks. Then before the last boss, you fight the goat, and he lectures you about how you about the balance of light and dark. Handholding you not only through a bossfight, but also throwing the game's /deep and mature/ themes.

OHHHH THAT GUY WHO HAD HIS OWN LIGHT AND DARK ATTACKS
Jesus you can almost tell how forgettable a game is if you can just blank on major plot points like that. My issue with that game's ending is that it pretty much contradicted itself. "Okay satan I'm no longer afraid or doubtful, go fuck yourself" and then one fight later "I'M A MONSTER" "no gabe you're a hero" "I'M THE DRAGON FUCK YOU GOD"

Wastefully expensive visual wankfest of a game with a token focus on gameplay, it highlights everything we do worse than the japanese. We need to start paying artists in the videogame industry substantially less. I'd rather play the fucking ps2 games

Came here to post this.
Although didn't it still have some nip input?

Inafune worked closely with the team.

but as we see today that doesn't really count for much.

sauce ?

I must admit, i loved that version. Its better than original in a lot of sense.

To be fair it was an ok game that got the Silent Hill title for brand recognition.

Eastern franchise of what?
Donkey Kong Country is what shaped the franchise. DK had no side scrolling platformer before it.

Not one series in particular, but the amount of love and respect for the Sega IP's in these games were incredible, even with the awful budgets Sega gave Sumo Digital and the amount of assets they had to re-use from old Sega games (They had to mine the crap out of uncompressed textures and models from the Xbox version of Sonic Heroes to make all the Sonic tracks and assets in the original racing game).

Significantly more respect than Sega gave those IP's. The producer of Skies Of Arcadia was allegedly moved to tears when he saw the Pirates Landing track because he never thought he would see Skies Of Arcadia represented in a video game ever again outside of cameos (And that track was absolutely stunning to play through)

Technically it did, but the fact that it still delivered as a good sequel to Dead Rising on its first run and that 3 and 4 failed to live up to the series name despite being made by the same studio is baffling.

Not in Case West. Chuck was a fucking whiner.

Source?

Source? That sounds like an interesting read.

suace is Hirame, if you search in sadpanda check the expugned box

or search it in nhentai

Presentation was pretty iffy and content was sparse compared to other Bomberman games at the time, but the gameplay was still there. Had they actually completed the multiplayer it would have a pretty worthwhile LAN party game.

I didn't rike it.

Nice bait

Could you explain why they're wrong other than going autistic?

Apparently DR3 and 4s issues are linked to completely different teams.

Is that it?

Someone already did

Can you explain why they're good instead of being retarded?