Comfiest city builder/planner thread

user I need a good one. Tried City:Skyline for a while, but I'm up for a change.

Heard Banished was good and it looked really nice, but I can't find any torrent for it.

Got something similar, but in a more sci-fi setting?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Worlds_Theory
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The only sci-fi city builders I know of are the latest Anno games. I've never played them, though the consensus I've seen is that 2205 one feels unfinished and 2070. Now that I think about it, Startopia is sci-fi although it's more of a station-builder than a city-builder,

Have you played older city-builders? Zeus + Poseidon and Pharaoh are really good, comfy games. Zeus is easy though unless you download fanmade scenarios. Caesar III is also good and very challenging, although I feel it lacks variety. I'm going to assume you've already played some of the SimCity games.

Simcity 4 is and always will be my GOAT, especially with NAM installed. About twice a year I'll give in and reinstall it again and reach /comfy/ levels not known to ordinary man, renaming all the buildings for lore, slowly building the city over decades, pretending the Mayor-mode terrain tools are like land reclamation, etc. SC3KU is also good for that but in a more kind of cyberjungle way.

I wanna load up cities skylines, but is the traffic still a bit wonky? And will i still have the ram issue?

Sci fi a shit. Play Tropico and be in charge of a banana republic island nation in the Caribbean.

Majesty

Real life. Cyberpunk city is out there, just gotta get that degree and go to second world areas.

Never touch those no, sounds cool with the Antiquity setting. And yeah been through Sim4 a lot already I want something else. Gonna check out Anno 2070 heard a bit about it.

Traffic is still a bitch but there are guides out there to work around the way it works in-game. It's honestly way better than it used to be.

Never knew I wanted that, but now I do

Don't. Get 1404 gold instead and trick it out with that giant ass mod.

why live?

It's on IGG. Vanilla is pretty barebones, so once you've played a bit of it and gotten the hang of things you'll probably want to install Colonial Charter or Megamod.

Not to worry user, the United States will be there in due time. Besides, the homes you see in the pic are show-homes, but a man can dream.

As for OP, the closest I got to scifi was putting a "oooh flashy lights" building set into Cities Skylines and got to where the highest level commercial buildings appear. It's still stupid that office buildings are still small by default, but I'm probably not looking hard enough for a building set of tall office buildings.

This would be cool.

Why would you ever uninstall it? I can't imagine, in this age of 2TB harddrives for pocket change, you're hard-pressed enough for space that you can't fit a game that's less than 2GB even more mods than you can shake a stick at.

for me, self-discipline and shame at spending so much time on it.

The 1st/2nd/3rd world system refers to a NATO/USSR/Independent allegiances, not economic prosperity, retard.

There are actually two number-world systems, with the political one being supplanted by the developed-developing-undeveloped model after the soviet bloc collapsed

Is there a space station builder where you can set up your floating city and engage in trans-orbital trade, salvaging and piracy for profits and growth?

Well this is the most retarded post on Holla Forums this week. The common number-world system referred to economic development and has been supplanted by reference to stage of development like posted

wrong.

no, no, user's right.
Maoists use "first/second/third world" to refer to superpowers, lesser powers and exploited nations.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Worlds_Theory
user is not misinformed, he's just a Maoist.

Is there a mod for SimCIty 4 that makes roads NOT look like absolute SHIT unless you build them on a perfectly level ground?

How well does that run?
I like the town I made, but it just doesn't do well for photos.

pick one

There's various mods called "slope mods" that essentially auto-smooth the terrain for roads. The ones for train tracks are even more powerful in that they force the tracks to conform to a realistic slope (a few meters rise or fall over miles).

I personally use the BRF Tunnel and Slope Mod.

Holy kek.
How many times have you heard Finland, Sweden, Ireland, Austria or Switzerland referred to as "third world nations" this week?