3D Compatible Games

I bought the Sony Playstation 3D TV thing.
I am using it on my PC, what 3D games can I play?

How does it do 3D? I don't know that you can use anything on it, save for Dolphin if you can find out which stereoscopic mode that thing does.

Do you have an nvidia gpu?
If i remember right and you do, none.

Imagine a 3DS but big screen and you it does not matter how you move your head.
Pretty good, I watched a few videos on Youtube with 3D on and it was good.

Well fuck, why is that?

Proprietary video handshake for the screen.
Essentially what it means is your gpu will refuse to send 3d video to the display.

I meant how does it actually provide 3D? Does it flicker the screen and you wear the glasses to interpret shit? Because you can choose that option in Dolphin and emulate all those GC and Wii games in forced 3D mode. Or is it some other proprietary thing?

Why should they bother with it? Maybe in the suture Citra will have a way to emulate the 3D of the 3DS in your kind of TV, but I doubt it because Citra is shit. Other than that, most games go with Anaglyphs.

It splits the screen in half, side by side or top and bottom. Then the glasses center the vision.
So you can watch videos like this is
3D

Hmm. You might try to set Dolphin into Side by Side mode and turn the goggles on? It does the screen splitting by rendering the two views you need, I wonder if the glasses could just do the rest.

I mean this one.

I'll try it and report back.

You will need a newer build of either Dolphin or Ishiiruka if you've got an older build installed without that. There's also a specific custom build called Dolphin VR but I couldn't get that shit to work any better and in some cases it was worse than vanilla Dolphin.

Yeah, booted up my Dolphin and couldn't find anything about side by side mode.

How expensive is this old gimmick?
I remember laughing as nobody bought one.
Now its 4K, but thats an actual resolution improvement so its justifiable that its marketed as hard as it is.
too bad pretty no channels use it and Hardware for running vidya on it is expensive as fuck and barely doable

Dolphin 5.0 has it under the second enhancements tab. Grab the newer version from the Dolphin site.

Alternatively, you can always hook up a PS3 and play Ridge Racer 7 in 3D for me.

If it's just Side-by-Side, you might be able to slap a 1050 Ti into any old fucker of a box and do this.

What did he mean by this?

About 100 bucks, the glasses were 12 something. Even without the 3D its a good monitor on its own.

Well you also have to factor in size of display and PPI in 4k. There could be negligible improvements.
Of course I used to say the same thing as an excuse to keep a 720p Display, but for the longest time I genuinely couldn't tell because I needed glasses
Couldn't see the appeal of 3D either

When I said barely doable I was talkimg about 4K
You could start by reading my post

Nice
What res?

I still don't see the appeal of 3D
4K however looks fucking great if your card can render it.
Can't wait to play Doom Wads in 4K

What if you already wear glasses?

I did, you're posting about some other fucking shit. You don't need 4k for this. Unless you're trying to say "4k is a meme", which is completely unrelated and makes you look more retarded in a thread about 3D.

Take prescription glasses off. Or try to wear them overtop, as far as I know.

3 options
1 Don't wear glasses and throw up
2 Side by side and cross eyes and throw up
3 You don't

It fits over them. thank God

1080p but the main reason I got this, was for the 240 hz.

Got the PS3 but no Ridge Racer. ;_;

Why would you need 4K for 3D anyway? Look at the 3DS.

Maybe it's the type of glasses that go over your normal glasses.

Because VR bullshit needs it, big 3D screens probably would. Doesn't the 3DS try to become 480p at the very least on a small screen? Also order RR7 from Amazon or some shit, it's like $5 and there's an update to it that enables 3D.

Big 3D screens don't need it. As far as I can tell at least.

Like a 10 foot screen? I imagine the quality is stretched a bit thin at that point. But I don't know, I don't know how 3D technology actually works.

Precisely
3D was gimmick to sell overexpensive TVs
Just like 4K is, but like I said in my previous post its justifiable.
I said both were being pushed hard by the big TV manufacturers to sell overexpensive hardware, they're not unrelated at all.

Nice, but apparently the display reflects absoluty everytjing.
So good luck with that
Nice catch though, which I had more thrift/second hand stores where I live

I'm buying Ridge Racer right now.
I tried to find a good torrent for Phantom Menace 3D but there is nothing out there. Only the trailer. yes I like that movie.
Now I need to find good 3D pron.

God save your soul, OP. At least you'll get to play RR7 in glorious 3D some day. And even if it sucks in 3D, it's at least a fun arcade racer.

Oh it does, that's why I covered all the windows in my room.
I can say that Insurgency does look pretty fucking amazing with no screen tear. Before this I was using an old gateway monitor from early 2007.

Your mind must be blown then

There's a special place in Mars for you, provided you don't do any GZDoom faggotry.

Like what user?