Gaben officially cancels Half Life 3 live on Reddit

"Half life 3 was a mistake" - Gabe Newell
archive.is/QBKX3

He spent all the money set aside on it for DINNER

wew

user, if you're gonna bait, actually try to make it worthwhile or you just look like a fucking tool.

What he actually meant to say was "As long as Redditors exist, there can be no Half-Life 3!"
The next day all of Reddit commits Sudoku

Asked about the state of Half-Life 3 and Half-Life 2 Episode 3, Newell responded:
“The number 3 must not be said.”
“I personally believe all unidentified anonymous sources on the Internet”
“The issue with Half-Life for me is that I was involved in a much higher percentage of the decisions about the games, so it’s hard for me to look at them as anything other than a series of things I regret. There’s no information in my response about what we’ll do in the future. It’s simply easier for me to be a fan of things that in which I was less directive.”
ITS OVER

It just means Gaben doesn't want to be involved in producing HL3, not that it won't be made.

I'm waiting for proof saying he canceled it.

Look at that, nowhere did Gaben say "Half-life 3 is cancelled". Way to resort to clickbait tier garbage thread making to get people to post in your shitty thread.

ITS OVER

So? Gaben doesn't want to touch it. Doesn't mean someone else won't. Go back to reddit, OP.

Oh you sweet summer reddit child. You need to go back.

HE IS STILL HERE HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

How much in denial can you get?
Enjoy your JewJew movie

Back to >>>/voat/

Alright cuckchan, we get you are mad. You can go home now.

I'm actually NeoFag

What?

As much as I love the SNES, Mode 7 and Super FX is gimmicky as hell.

Ha, get out newfag.

Oh yeah, I am aware Nintendo is build on gimmicks. Nes and Snes is all you ever need when it comes to a console. Maybe a Playstation.

I-is that how they put Jar Jar in the scene?

Made me reply.

The only noteworthy thing is how quickly plebbitor forget what he tried to pull with his paid mods scheme, and that they don't give a fuck about anything as long as they can lick his ass.

I still don't get the blind praise for the Gamecube from most of Holla Forums, it must have something to do with Dolphin.

What did he mean by this?

The emulator, you are just pretending to he retarded and its not funny.

Dolphin a shit, GameCube a god-tier console. I'm not even a nintendrone, but when they made the GameCube, they made an excellent console. I still play the console with it's controller, it's just as good as the 360 controller if not a smidge better.

You must have been born with misshapen hands.

Sorry for being late but may i ask as to why some game developers decide to talk to the fans on plebbit? Seriously is like they want to be hated (But since this is Gaben making the questions it's not surprising he loves to go full retard)

What i'm saying is that the reason for all the praise that the GC gets is because of a wonderful emulator that allowed everyone to play the hidden gems of the console that would have otherwise remained buried.

Up and downvotes make most of the time sure that the only shit the devs read is constant praise with an actual question here nad there.
Worst case, they simply ask the mods to tweak some numbers or be on the look out for "problematic" questions.
Very rarley shit hits the fan hard enough that they can't surpress it.

Because Reddit loves Gaben and Steam unconditionally and will defend paid mods if they have to.
This is the same site that praises him and Todd as the saviours of vidya

Were talking about the controller not the console, faggot…

That just wasn't my experience. Dolphin has never been a good emulator, and I got to try a bunch of the games on it back in it's heyday. Even now, if I want to try a new GC game, I just order it off Amazon.

Well, you are just special.

Its all for PR. Basically they do it to make it seem like they're "in-touch" with the community and stroke the egos of special snowflake fanboys because senpai noticed them

And i'm talking about the console, discussions are dynamic like that.

*I don't know how to setup Dolphin and only play emulators up until the SNES
FTFY

I wish I could make Gabe Newell miserable, but sadly, I cannot

Living the dream, hogging all of the prototype tech for himself.

in all fairness, without Steam PC gaming would be hanging on by a thread.

who are you quoting

At least be consistant with the meme, boys. I thought everyone fucking hated Valve on here. This fucking place is more filled with inoperable cancer than I thought.

Yes, like in 80s, 90s and 00s before steam.

What gave you that idea? Steam sale threads?

Because if they come here for an interview they have more chances to being shitted on, while plebbitors would mostly suck their dicks.

Gabenfags that trusted this fat jew.

Holla Forums headlines are worse than fucking CNN.

I want this Reddit-tier meme to die
I'll give you that the execution was slightly gimmicky, but the idea within itself was not

not an argument :^)

Fuck off nintentoddler, Wii U is based on a gimmick. If using two completely separate screens with different purposes isn't one, then I don't know what is. Now check em.

Could you explain to us why it's NOT a gimmick then user, since you seem to be so insistent about it, give us your argument, I'm ready to hear it.

You'd have to explain how it is a gimmick, first.
The dual screen has actually been BENEFICIAL for some games on the Wii U, offering convenience or tasks that would have been a headache without it. read: not a gimmick

And finally, a good point that's universal for 99% of the library

And to top it all of, the only negative side effect of using the gamepad is that it's 99 bux, but it also comes with the console and you can buy the console's Pro Controller for only 30 bux, or cheaper if you get it used.
Other than that, the Wii U, while it had steaming pile of shit hardware, was actually a step forward in terms of functionality. A gimmick is when technology takes a step sideways in the favor of useless ass garbage.

People like this fucking retard
seem to equate the word "gimmick" to "unconventional hardware" I mean, holy shit, one of the images I responded to was actually fucking stupid enough to call the N64 controller a gimmick when it just had poor ergonomics at worst.

The only people who call the Wii U a gimmick are the people who've only played it at a Best Buy demo.

eternal reminder

How embarrassing

You don't remember the last time Gabe did an AMA on reddit, do you?

the great gaben has spoken.

also don't really care about hl3 anymore and i doubt anyone else cares about another shooter

Keep up the good work goyum.

I'll take "oversized DS" for 500 please, Alex. You shouldn't need two screens in the first place. Nintendo sold it as if you needed two. Just having a touch screen should make menus a breeze so you don't have to use the fucking joystick if it's that big of a deal, and anything that requires precision aiming on a controller should require a gyro regardless. In fact, only Xbone's controller of all modern day controllers doesn't have a gyro.
Also
LEVEL EDITORS HAVE BEEN A THING FOR AN ETERNITY AND THEY'VE WORKED FINE WITH JUST A SINGLE SCREEN EVEN FOR 3D GAMES WITH ONLY USING A CONTROLLER

even worse >>>/bog/

But the 2 screen design works wonderfully on the DS and 3DS. One screen for gameplay one for inventory or other detailed status that would just clutter up the main screen, and on portables you can make it a clamshell which you couldn't with just one larger screen, it'd be like the 2DS.

Touchscreens work great for menus, or for stuff like Swapnote or map editors. It's only diminished when used for some throwaway gimmick just because it's there, like Dawn of Sorrow seals, and on a home console, you obviously need to add the touchscreen to the controller to have one.

Where the fuck did he say he canceled it?

www.reddit.com/r/The_Gaben/comments/5olhj4/hi_im_gabe_newell_ama/dck7tgq/
>so it's hard for me to look at them as anything other than a series of things I regret.
Jesus fucking Christ, Gabe.

Yes Valve, we know you're cancer now.

This is why i want you autistic fucks as far away from any job positions in the industry as possible, fucking retarded.

palindrome.

Nothing to see here.

You mean it's a

where's the archive.is?

Shit thread.

Checkem

My, it actually is a palindrome

well whatever I hated valve anyway

IF TRIPS, HALF-LIFE 3 WILL BE RELEASED AS A GAME AND JAR JAR ABRAMS DIES OF A HEART-ATTACK BEFORE THE MOVIE IS MADE

WITNESS ME

But he's 100% right.

But it's a French horn, not a tuba.

I've digged through it a bit and oh god… seems like people care more about memes than gameplay features.

Surely the jews have created a safe bubble where good goys don't need to think too much for themselves.

wew

What the fuck

jar jar's a nigger
look he's a nigger

I don't think HL3 is canceled because you have to start something to cancel it.
Maybe HL2ep3 is canceled, at best.

Uh, yeah, how isn't it good? Your thread is shit, OP.

People still gives a fuck about valve games?

Good, Im glad it's dead. HL2 was normalfag sjw tier distopia and the only good thing was the engine

user, please

Better?

How long until the Switch can play emulators?