Games for old people

so I have a really old granma who mostly sits in front of the TV all day, shes lucid, but she is not really watching, shes clearly not paying attention to the screen most of the time unless its her favourite drama.

I have my old PS2 on her house from when I was a kid, and I want to hook it up to her TV to give her something to do when shes alone, I try to play cards with her when Im around, but I dont live anywhere near thing is I have no idea what to give her to play.

It has to be something really fucking simple to control and understand, something without the need for fast reaction times, like a puzzle game, any ideas?

I also have a DS, but first I needd to find a copy of brain age or something

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_board_games
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

farmville until she dies
like my grandma

Animal Crossing is a great pick for someone like her. Shame it is on the Gamecube, and maybe the DS is a little small for her eyes.

Slow puzzle games I guess? How bad is her eyesight? If you can hook up a PC she can play strategy games, or stuff like I spy.

Ninja Gaiden Black

Dwarf forest

Dwarf Fortress

Vib-Ribbon and Castelvania Symphony of the Night could be good options

I've noticed a phenomena of grannies playing Vita and enjoying JRPG's with cute girls.

I wish I had a recommendation, OP, but I never owned a PS2.

GTA SA

First of all user, how well does she handle technology? Does she have a smartphone and knows how to use it to make phone calls, send text messages, taking pictures or just listening to music? Can she use a DVD player? Can she browse the internet, maybe to check her normalfagbook, if she has one?

Shadow of the Colossus

she used to be somewhat capable with computers, mostly for e-mail, but after my grandpa died she fell out of it and now shows no interest at all, I doubt she could handle a smartphone.

she never had opportunity to fool around with facebook like other old people I know

she also knew how to handle a DVD player, but as with computers, she shows no interest in watching anything

Don't waste your time. Your heart is in the right place, but someone that old isn't going to learn a completely new skill set just to pretend they aren't lonely. Get her a Kindle instead.

You'd be surprised what they are willing to at least try when you spend time with them.

Then I doubt she will have any interest in playing vidya. Sure she might try once when you go to her, but that's more out of love for you, not because she is interested in them. Unless she wants to play vidya and has the patience to learn how to use a controller, she will quickly loose interest in them. I also understand that you want to make her happy and spend time with her. You talked about card games, maybe you could play a board game with her, stuff like Monopoly or Settlers of Catan could peak her interests a lot more than vidya could ever do. Or maybe a walk in the park, if there is one near you, but that would be better in the Spring time or Summer time, as opposed to now.

I also have this pick, however I am not a fa/tg/uy so I can't tell you how well made the chart is.

dark souls

They'll try it for your sake while you're there, but they aren't going to care about it when you aren't. At that point you could just play cards instead.

If it's something you do constantly, then it will hold sentimental value.

People who watch TV unironically aren't going to learn video games or anything else. Doubly so if they're from an earlier generation.

Shit like Farmville, Animal Crossing or Solitaire works for old people.

Play Dokapon Kingdom with her

I wish I had a grandmother to share vydia (or park walks) with. You're a good man user

Peggle

My grandma played Steel Empire, Super Hang-On, Golden Axe, and Streets of Rage, Columns, Sonic, and Zombies ate my Neighbors. May her soul rest in piece.

Try getting her a Raspberry Pi or some shit and get her to play a lot of MegaDrive or Snes games. Simpler games like ones for those systems are good for getting people into vidya.

That's all anyone here ever plays

Watch classic movies from the 50's to 60's with her, typically set in the time period when she was a child or teenager.

Lots of fantastic movies are just a click away on the pirate bay and almost all tvs have a USB port nowadays. The issue is converting it to the proper format, .mov generally works. Finding what movies she'll like might be difficult if you're not into the classics though, get in touch with a film buff.

And a good game is scrabble, you can find a set at thrift stores for almost nothing. For video game getting anything more involved than wii sports going will be impossible. One thing that wii is good for is displaying picture albums. Shove an SD card in you're done, the interface is simple enough that everyone can use it.

I think it's obvious

My grandmother and several older women I know as regular customers all enjoy candy-crush esque games. You know like moblieshit, it's still technically vidya I guess

Damn, what a wasted opportunity.

she would probably really enjoy a Kindle. See if you can get her one with buttons on the side instead of the newer ones with touchscreens, she may have an easier time using one of those. Set the font size nice and big and you're set.

she will most likely enjoy turn-based RPGs. You should also find out if she needs an arcade controller; my grandma used to be top-notch on the NES with either the regular controller or the arcade stick but now she can only use the stick
I have a really fucking cool grandma by vidya standards. She was the first in the family to beat Zelda 2

Don't know any console games, but on PC Zuma Delux and simmilar stuff is good

My father who enjoys reading tons of books, bought one of those Kindles that doesn't produce light(so you can't read it in the dark). The advantage is that it doesn't strain your eyes as much as a regularly lit Kindle. I guess that would be a good one.

But again, if you want to do something with her, you should probably buy a board game. As suggested, Scrabble is also a good choice.

There are now e-books with e-ink which are also backlit

Any board games she likes? Mine liked scrabble, for example, and it's not difficult to find a game with reasonably competent AI to play against.

Also there's no good reason to play Risk when Axis and Allies exists. Hell even spin-off games like LotR Risk are significant improvements on the vanilla game.

Dropped like it was hot.

RPGs

I would recommend to instead pirate her favorite old shows, music, movies, etc. and pack them into a kindle.

If she likes the tablet you can slowly teach her how to fagbook/youtube to find things related to her hobbies like cooking, sewing, gardening, etc.

Hearts of Iron so that she can relive her childhood

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_board_games

Fallout games because they're all about the 1950's!!!!!!!!!! xDDDDDDDDDD

Deus Ex.
Oh yes

ALIEN SOLDIER

In all seriousness, puzzle games are the best bet, but not just things like bejewled where there's a time limit.
Something like Professor Layton would be good.

Give her one of those brain trainer games

Bioshock Infinite?

That may be too smart for her.

I don't know, all my grandparents are dead.