The Fire Emblem Direct is coming out tomorrow and nobody made a thread about it...

The Fire Emblem Direct is coming out tomorrow and nobody made a thread about it. What are you hoping to see in the FE Direct? Also, Fire Emblem thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

nichegamer.com/2017/01/17/fire-emblem-fates-revelation-spotted-nintendo-switch/
archive.is/0Wj6l
site.wepage.com/vestariasaga/page1
youtube.com/watch?v=D5eQD18lua0
nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_direct/20170119/
youtube.com/watch?v=YstgofOhG_w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'd like to see them cancel the franchise.

People who liked Fire Emblem before Awakening probably won't like it. People who only like Awakening and Fates probably will love it and preorder it.

headpats

It'll be like Hyrule Warriors and #FE.

The only FE games represented will be Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and IF. The other games will be introduced as DLC later on and maybe updated rereleases/sequels later on. If this isn't the case I'll be genuinely surprised.

I want to see niptendo going bankrupt

Old ported FE games with shitty localizations and censorship along with that Fire Emblem Warriors game with so much fucking DLC, great.

Fates ported to Switch
Fire Emblem Warriors (focusing on Marth with some time travel bullshit that seems to be in every game now to justify marriage and kid units)
The mobile Fire Emblem game (iOS first, Android "at a later date")
Something about FE being on the virtual console

There is a rumor they're porting a FE If to it. The revelation version.

I got a gut feeling they're gonna bring back #FE even though it bombed.

Reported a lot lately and Nintendrone sites are also at it with the shilling.
nichegamer.com/2017/01/17/fire-emblem-fates-revelation-spotted-nintendo-switch/

/thread

Fire Emblem is dead. It's a cancerous franchise for cancerous people now. They fucked it up big time.

It's actually more than likely a site mistake, but who knows.

What this guy said. Musou is kind of a gulity pleasure of mine and Hyrule warriors was alright but Fire Emblem been dead to me since awaking and fates/if is one of the worst SRPGs in general I had the misfortune to play.

Probably going to be like says except I would not hold my breath for anyone other than Ike or Roy as DLC outside of those three main titles.

There's no hope. It's probably going to be stuck on the switch and if a port does get to the Wiiu, there's at least a chance of emulation. Musou gameplay can vary though so it could be good like a mainstay Dynasty Warriors game or it could be really shit with character's combos not flowing together quite right.

I always dreamed of a FE Musou game, as the various classes and characters make it almost suited for a cross over. But I just can't get excited, not when Nintendo are holding it at ransom.

If showed they still could make games like they used to. The Nohr game was pretty great. If they just dropped the awakening cancer.

This will exist? Either way, who cares when Treehouse will probably fuck it all up. Don't make me dump the entire folder.

They won't. Not after Fates' success.

Sounds about right.

T-Thanks for reminding me that a thing.

You do know that the Switch is region free right?

Only from a port perspective. If port, opens way for emulation eventually. If not, then it's going to take longer.

It's a coin flip basically.

I'm going to have a hearty chuckle if Nintendo of America does indeed release a switch version of Fates and advertises it as an uncucked version with "all sorts of new features, like skinship and new dialogue added to supports!"

That would be pretty amazing. I don't think they're retarded or blind enough to pull it off though.

Anyone with any sense would just get the asia version to get the uncucked version seeing as the switch isn't region locked.

archive.is/0Wj6l

The new fan base is significantly bigger than the old one, Awakening was the fastest/highest selling FE game and then Fates/If was the fastest/highest selling FE game.

Yep, being a legacy fan is only pain.

Can someone neutral enough to old and new please tell me why is there so much asshurt about the increased relationship focus in these games to the point I see this fracture?

Is it only because they're significantly less harder because of the pair up system or whatever design philosophy?

I played Hyrule Warriors with a buddy for just shy of 400 hours, as long as it has some sort of "Adventure Mode" equivalent with a decent amount of content then I'll likely be getting it. I want to see playable Hector/at least some sort of axe unit. They also better include a Manakete preferably Nowi.

The musou aside, I'd like to see another mainline game announced for Switch even though there's no way it's happening. No doubt they have the budget for it now, a proper successor to the Tellius titles would be great.

Treehouse said that Fire Emblem Warriors would be shown so at least you get to see that.

You know, the Warriors devs probably have more respect for Fire Emblem than NOA or Treehouse at the moment, so it might turn out alright. Might.
And a simplified mobile FE could be OK, as long as it doesn't take away from the main series, but considering the main series is pretty much AIDS at this point who knows.

My question is how will mounts be handled? Will they be entire characters on their own or can you hijack znother unit's mount? Also how will weapon triangle and switching weapons work?

being a legacy fan of anything Nintendo is only pain. Comes with the territory.

I played Dynasty Warriors 8 for awhile but eventually got bored with it. Tried One Piece Warriors 3 and absolutely loved it. Because of Zoro really, his combos and attacks really flow together quite well. Played that through last summer and had fun.

I have no idea and I've been playing them since 2006. I definitely take issue with what they did to Fates in the (((localization))) process because it was just an undeniable butchering, the likes of which we hadn't seen in years, but the waifu simulator complaints just feel like an overblown hate circlejerk. It's not all that unnatural of a progression considering that supports always existed and the rise of waifufaggotry made it a no-brainer for them to take things a bit further. Lack of difficulty is a valid complaint towards Awakening specifically, but I felt like hard mode in the Nohr path of the latest games was striking a good balance for veterans.

The only thing I'm still bitter about post-Awakening is the new fanbase, they're basically comprised of nothing but tumblr faggots that are actively wishing for further censorship. Their collective whining actually got a support conversation changed for the West in Fates, so it's undeniable they have some degree of impact. Honestly, the same thing happened/is happening to Persona as well and I don't like it. I miss being able to comfortably interact with the fanbase at large and the worst I'd find is some reddit sperg. In terms of actual design I have no real complaints until (((localization))) comes into play.

Then work with everyone else to crush the retards who probably bitch about anime fanservice too.

Only fault I see with the games is a striking difference in difficulty. Waifu elements mean absolutely fucking nothing as long as the rest of the game is solid. It just looks like a scapegoat for what is undeniably bitching about a nonexistent weeaboo boogeyman.

It's going to be all Marth characters + Fates and nothing else.

Ah fuck I'd still buy it, I'm so very desperate for those games. Unless that's the mobeshit announcement, then I'm murdering everyone at IntSys with a memeteor.

The main complaint with modern supports comes from the old saying of quantity over quality. Classic supports convos from the GBA days, or even the Base conversations from the Tellius games are genuinely endearing and required more effort than just placing two guys you like together and wrecking the map with them (albiert, the fact that it took forever to unlock supports in the GBA games is terrible. Awakening and Fates' supports have that point their favor). It's this obsession IntSys has (and the fandom) that every character needs to fuck with everyone that gets in the way of good support dialogue, or gives us decent characters. Everyone has to be some joke, some cliche, something memorable that will give IntSys legions of fans drawing fanart and buying models of. And they all have to contrast with everyone's personality, never work together in harmony. Rinse, wash, copy/paste x30 to fill a support log, there's your cast.

Sure, there are decent, possibly good supports in Awakening and Fates. I unabashedly adore Lon' Qu's backstory. I like how Caeldori's mother support changes if Selena's her mother. I even like the eugenic simulator, and how much I can break it. But that's the best I can muster. I like it. Cause I know it can be done better.

We can't get moments like Titania trying to be tough and steadfast after Greil dies or Karla coming to terms over the fact that her brother probably going to kill her in the near future. We can't adorable relationships that bring out the best of both parties like Eirika and Forde, Kyle and Lute, Lyn and Hector, Azel and Tiltyu, or the like. There can't be moments like Ranulf comforting Amy over the fact that Callil not with her that changes whether or not she's alive. We can't get guys like Oliver, a hammy jackass that even the main villains want nothing to do with because EVERYONE HAS TO BE OLIVER.

EVERYONE HAS TO BE HAMMY JACKASSES WITH QUOTE-UNQUOTE "hidden depths".

TL;DR cause you're a faggot: Imagine if everyone was a shitty L'Arachel. Don't imagine, cause that's what everyone is, and why modern supports suck ass.

I agree with you though, by limiting the supports to two or three people, you do feel like they build a stronger connection as the campaign goes on. Awakening pretty much is eugenics simulator and some endings and dialogue gets reused because they have to account for everyone.

This saga was never that good to begin with but now its dead.

Shit like that makes me regret that I started with Awakening and Fates

I just need one thing.

At least we might finally get a good mage character. That FE only ever saw sword reps in smash when it could have had at least one good mage like Micaiah, Lucius, Soren, etc. always bothered me

I would honestly not care if the stage design and mechanics did not turn into a huge mess(fates i admit improved a bit in both categories since awakening but not by much) and the characters themselves were actually written well enough that I give a shit about there relationships( I admit some of this might be 8-4/treehouse fault but even the fan translated scripts leave a lot to be desired). It honestly baffles me the games got more popular when they started fucking everything up.

Wasn't that due to the split and they counted each of them seperatley?
Even the DLC?

Dose not matter. A shit ton of people double dipped and brought both version and even if they were desperate enough to count DLC that still a shit ton of money made. Pisses me off but Nintendo's Pokemon strategy worked like a fucking charm.

axe ike better be playable in fire emblem warriors.

Hopefully they're going to announce a proper installment for the Switch (obviously Fire Emblem Warriors doesn't count). The 3DS already has a few, the Switch definitely needs more games during its first year window and we haven't had a proper home console version since Radiant Dawn.

Of course it would be preferable if they just let the franchise die but that's not going to happen after the success of Awakening and Fates.

If Hector gets a few good level ups early, it really does make him a tank.

No Neph, no buy.

I hope Fire Emblem remains popular so Nintendo never goes and rapes Advance Wars' corpse.

Fire emblem must be sacrificed so that advnaced wars stays safe.

It's far more deserving of a musou game than Zelda.

Don't forget the butchering of the games from Treehouse and how one of them said "if you don't like it, learn Japanese."
The console is gonna flop anyways.

Fix'd. Even in TMS, they pushed Marth as basically the only character we should know and respect.

I just want another Battalion Wars and the WiiU was literally perfect for controlling units in an RTS style while still maintaining the TPS controls for your own unit. And they fucking dropped the ball and gave us Splatoon instead, which is good as a TPS but it could have been more.

If Fire Emblem dies that's it.
They won't dig up Advance Wars for any reason.
Nintendo owns a lot of dead IPs that have been neglected and buried.
But hey, at least F-Zero ended on a high note.

Ike is sword Hector, fuck you.

but user ike is in the better game

Hector has a bro 4 life while Ike has a fuccboi

Came here just to post this, thanks user.

Ike is Blue Guts

This. This isn't FE anymore. It's just some zombie shuffling around in Fire Emblems clothes.

girly boys like edgelords. really believable writing

Direct should be starting in about 12 hours.

I want a well rounded cast of the various lords of the game and their respective antagonists.

The Koei wiki however already lists 3 Fates characters.

Also the support conversations will likely be like this.

I'm amazed they haven't dug up the older games in the series and tried to sell them as remakes

Stop that right now. You're too close to getting trips for my liking, you might make it happen.

Remember when Nintendo used to advertise Fire Emblem as "a hard simulation, once you begin you won't be able to sleep?"

Censorship

Which game got censored?

All of them

Nintendo hates Kaga's guts so much he had to remove his name from his own FREE game just to avoid dealing with their lawyers. Not surprisingly it's a better game than NuFire Emblem and it's only half a game.
site.wepage.com/vestariasaga/page1

How so?

I shouldn't have been surprised. It's going to be Marth + Fate/Awakening characters. Fuck this series.

I can't wait to see my pure waifu, Tharja, in Fire Emblem Warriors. Even though I will never buy a Switch at all because Nintendo are Jews right now and Iwata is rolling in his grave at hyper-speed.

You have shit taste user.

I don't want treehouse getting their slimy jewish hands on any other classics, so I'm fine with fan translations

I want to lick Tharja's ass while she abuses me.

But I'm guessing it'll go

They surprised me with Hyrule Warriors. Hopefully they can do it again.

Metroid warriors one day followed by F-zero warriors…

Neither of those games have significant casts.

You have never played either of those franchises then, F-Zero has a shitload of characters with stories and personalities. Metroid has the Hunters.

Goodness, look at the time.

First post best post

I love how you always attempt to excuse your terrible taste

The fact that you have to do into the shitty 3DS spinoff proves my damn point.

Hunters is for the DS, but what about F-Zero, huh?

What? i don't have to touch the DS games to get a roster of character for use, it just is that many of them are wanted.

One hour left. Has anybody made a drinking game yet?

From the looks of things, every time a feature related to Awakening/Fates is mentioned, I guess.

Link to stream, starts in 30.
youtube.com/watch?v=D5eQD18lua0

wew it's just the worst SRPG franchise ever

wew

nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_direct/20170119/

The pain starts in 10 minutes

Got an actual direct link this time.
youtube.com/watch?v=YstgofOhG_w

To add to that

Looks like the Direct's only going to be 21 minutes, since they say it'll end at 7:21. Considering modern Nintendo, I predict 15 of those minutes will be spent talking cell phone garbage.

What's the point? You'd never play an FE in English anyway.

The end of the franchise.

started

3DS REMAKE OF GAIDEN HOLY SHIT YES narration by Koyasu is only a sexy bonus

Give this guy a prize.

Fire Emblem is dead.

Everyone mass vote for Sigurd, this shit needs to stop.

Remake of No.2, with the RPG elements and such. Might be good.

The next main game on a home console.

Just showing of Chorm, no roster or anything.

Mobile game with micro transactions. Seems like FE Lite to be honest. Might not be that bad?

Thank god they didn't go with weird shit for the switch FE, hopefully this one won't get stuck in development hell.

Well, could've turned that off after Echoes. Still, Echoes at least.

No, we need them to think there's zero interest in cell phone related garbage.

I agree with Echoes but jesus christ user.

FE Heroes is going to be fucking great and I'll tell you why.

The FE Gaiden remake is basically If:Nohr 2.0. They're REALLY wanting to retake their classic audience apparently by bringing back older systems. Meanwhile Heroes looks like Hoshido/Awakening, even has the same shitty art style and advertises their characters to a ridiculous degree.

They're moving the awakening fags to mobile while keeping classic fans on consoles and handhelds. Who gives a shit if the game is actually shit or not, it's exactly what the series needed.

Was never a fan of the roaming dungeon shit but that's a way better announcement than expected.

I want to believe
But I don't want to buy anymore games for the 3DS. Just kill it, and move everything to switch.

Why would you buy games for the 3DS at all? It's hacked at every level.

Do you guys think they'll keep Echoes as the title of the remake sub-series? They've already done 1+2/3. Geneology would be next, which I don't think they'd have the balls to pull off properly.

I live in Fucking Nowhere, Texas, where there is one single internet provider, and will cut you off at the sight of a torrent and that would probably piss off my roomates.

Anyway this reminds me. Should I attempt Hector hard mode, or move on to other FE games?

The iso forums almost exclusively has direct downloads. The only thing you need to torrent is the homebrew software and that isn't illegal, brah.

If Nintendo/Intsys wake up one morning, remember than FE4 and 5 exist and announce a remake, I will preorder a switch.

Fuck you, I'm not supporting that piece of shit unless this happens

It's going to happen eventually. Honestly I was expecting a FE4 remake in this presentation, I thought it'd be in line with FE13 and FE14 = pandering to waifufags. If they are already remaking a less "safe" game as Gaiden (assuming they don't fuck it up and keep the same gameplay and bullshit like 5 range bows) I'm confident FE4 isn't far behind. Now FE5, that's another story.

It'll also be very convenient for IS since the story and characters are already written so they don't need to rely on their current sorry excuse of a writer.

Fuck you that was the best part of Gaiden.

That's what I meant, I hope they keep it. Admittedly I didn't word my post very well.

I'm hoping for the exact opposite - the Switch is going to bomb for the foreseeable future, so I hope they only waste shit like 3D Zelda and Mario Kart on it and keep shit like classic FE on the 3DS.

I hope the mobage has marriage on it.

I hope the mobage is a virus that gives everyone who uses smartphones epileptic seizures

or at least turns them gay

Pretty sure the act of owning a smartphone constitutes that to begin with