FOKIN LIVIN LEGENDS

Since EA has been shilling their TOTALLY NOT MECH GAME so hard here's some anti-shilling with the best multiplayer mech sim yet created. Everything you need is here- clanjadewolf.net/mwll/

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php?title=TAG
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

WRONG FUCKING PIC, DISREGARD

Some of you may know that LL has a sad history since the original team got threatened with a C&D from PGI who are responsible for the shitty MWO. Thankfully the community picked it up again, recently released patches and in-one installer and are planning to do more.

There's not only mechs but also a lot of vehicles from the Battletech universe, including VTOLs and aeroplanes. And they can hurt, especially if it's something like Demolisher with 2 gauss rifles.

So like, I only played a bit of MW4 a fucking decade or so ago, and a tiny bit of MWO when it went open beta.
Basically even if I download your shit I won't have any fucking idea what am I doing. Is it possible to set up closed matches with bots just to learn basic shit, like I did in Quake 3?
I like the idea of walking tanks, but complexity and lack of dedicated single player scare me off.

I don't think there are bots (pretty sure there aren't) but there are training servers where you get max monies so you can buy any mech/vehicle you want and go wild.
Don't worry about being the only babby because you won't be, the game has gotten an influx of new players recently, me included.

The saturation of new people in MWLL has been awful the last few weeks. I don't even know why people are coming back, the update really didn't change all that much, all the fundamentals are the same. Before the update, everyone who played was either a longtime vet, or a new person surrounded by vets and was usually trying to get gud fast, the quality of players was kept high and you could trust just about any member of your team to know how to play without having to yell at them to help your or to cap points.
Now with the update we have so many new people, none of which have the patience to read the instructions in the spawn room so they start asking stupid questions that have already been answered for them right in their fucking face. People who play TC games like TSA and are just dead weight, people who have such insane tunnel vision they will never help another player do anything unless outright told, and reddit-tier dicksuckers just confirming to each other how much MW:O sucks even though they've been playing it for the last 5 years.
And now we've got basically E-celeb jewtubers making videos and people showing up and just asking if they're playing and just telling them "omg I love your videos" but can't play to save their lives and don't care to learn.

Not to even mention the fags from here or 4chan who just spout memes and RP kikes by calling anyone who kills them or doesn't give them money racists and screaming oy vey when they die.

tl;dr We went from stage 2 to stage 3 of pic related overnight.

I guess I'll give it a shot, thanks.

But what is your favourite mech/variant?

Now that you said it I can't even post any videos to show the game off.

Cougar F, the F stands for fun you can take out most heavies at close range if you're not braindead.

It's a goddamn shooter right? I mean it has simulator gameplay with complex controls and shit, but in the end all you do is shoot people.
What the fuck are you talking about? It's not some mmo right?

There's much to learn besides the usual "team shooter" stuff . Not only you have many mechs with even more loadouts, fuckton of weapons but there's also knowledge of what various equipment does, learning to fly those fucking aeroplanes, active/passive radar, TAGing, APCing and more.

And I forgot to mention that the server admins insist on keeping the playercount per server high and the netcode can't take it so you have such hard desynch that you can see a volley of missiles hit a target but no hit detection occurs, but since the desynch doesn't manifest as rubber banding, nobody acknowledges it but makes the game annoying to play.
Let me be clear, I'm not pissed that there's new players and don't want to dissuade people, it's great that there's population 24/7 instead of only on prime time, but a lot of the new people are casual as fuck and don't care about learning how to play, or expect everyone to tell them how to do literally anything or what every single abbreviation is.

What servers are you playing on? I'm yuro so I've been playing on some German one and it's been great, low ping, no loss, no disconnects.

Like I said, it's not ping or disconnects, or rubber banding, it's hit detection, the funblocks servers for example I think nowadays have a 28 player cap, at 28 players, the server can't handle it, and if you're using weapons such as MRMs, you CANNOT hit a moving target on the model, if you hit their model while guiding, you will visually see the MRMs impacting, but there will be no hit detection and no damage will be done, because the hit detection is server side, if you want to actually hit someone, you have to lead so that the missiles will pass in front of them, and you will either see them impacting on thin air, and you will score hits, or you'll see them sail clean past, but still score hits.
You can see this with other weapons too but it's a lot less obvious, a lot of hitscan weapons or fast ballistic weapons, like lasers or gauss, say the target is moving from your left to your right at decent speed, while facing you, you strike him in the right Torso (your right), the hit will probably detect BUT on the paper doll, you will see that the damage is actually hitting one of the components to the LEFT of where you hit because the shot is, like missiles, delayed. A lot of new people have complained about this without realising it, that damage is happening on a component they're not hitting, but don't know the cause. If you were to hit on the left arm in this same scenario, the hit probably won't register, you would probably not notice in combat with lasers because there's no hit detect sound with lasers, but you might notice you didn't hear the hit detect chirp with a gauss or something like that.
If I play later before this thread dies I'll try to record this phenomenon and WebM it with MRMs, where it's really obvious.

The community has talked about it briefly and the answer is really to lower the server cap but the admins of the servers are getting their rocks off on seeing full 28/28 servers so fat chance any time soon.

And since you've been playing for a while explain to me how exactly TAG works. In MW3 you had to keep it on an area to call an artillery strike but what about LL?

wiki.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php?title=TAG
:^)

The wiki is outdated in raw stats but I think all the equipment descriptions are still accurate, tag wasn't changed

Also the mech variants are different but if you don't know the abbreviations and shit for weapons, this wiki will still tell you all you need to know.