Neil Thread

Let's talk about the upcoming adventures of Neil in this thread. Post-launch PvP update confirmed.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kR_nDRIQOJY
youtube.com/watch?v=qqw-tuvbSLw
youtube.com/watch?v=PCpDmVHSPik
youtube.com/watch?v=ABTkgYY0_Co
youtube.com/watch?v=ncXrihPfAg4
thesixthaxis.com/2017/01/16/team-ninja-on-niohs-development-mythology-varied-yokai/
files.catbox.moe/b8xi2m.mp4
files.catbox.moe/m185zb.mp4
files.catbox.moe/n7qx8e.mp4
files.catbox.moe/wivwwn.mp4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I mean, you can't get any worse than FromSoft's netcode so I guess it won't be that bad but it's probably a mistake all the same.

Do you mean Geralt of Rivia?

multiplayer was a mistake

And now my questionable purchase went to definitely get sometime. However, can the pvp stuff also happen during co-op is the real question

Who is Neil?

Fucking DLC. I don't have enough money for all the games I want in the next few months as is.

I love this meme, my fellow YouTube commenter.

I kinda want to play the game but not enough to buy a PS4.

And this is the reason. Can't stand having a part of a game locked behind a monthly paywall. I'll just wait for the inevitable pc port.

What could possibly go wrong, pvpfags ruin everything.

That's Geralt of GLOLIUS NIPPON, to you, Gaijin.

it's not coming to PC.

poor

They've said that about so much shit that I don't believe em anymore.

It's not coming to PC until they announce it for PC, as it is, it's PS4 only.

So it's not coming to pc until they announce it for pc like fucking every other game this gen except bloodborne. Your point?

Don't have to be poor to be pissed about having to pay a monthly fee just to play general online, especially when the console before it allowed you to play online for free (not to say that it had it's fair share of issues, both in terms of reliability and security).

Now Nintendo's following suit with the switch. With PC (outside of some MMO's) and a few older titles on previous consoles that are still active being the last few places where online is free, this is a worrying trend that we may soon live in an age where every game, regardless of what it is, will charge you monthly just to play online, or even just to play the fucking game.

yep. If a game isn't announced for PC, it's not coming out on PC. This is apparently difficult for some people, funnily enough the same people that are still port begging for bloodborne.

sure. Don't pay for it then and just play single player.

Hell the vita still allows you to play online for free. I like to think sony totally forgot it existed when they decided to start charging for online.

it's only the ps4 that has paid online, they all have ps+ tho

yeah, if games are out on PC, they are out on PC. What's your point?

Probably should've been more specific in the last part of my post. I'm concerned that future consoles/games will require you to play a monthly fee to play it, regardless if it's single player or online multiplayer.

it's only the ps4 that has paid online, they all have ps+ tho
Even so, what made a lot of people go with the PS3 was the fact that online was free and didn't require a monthly charge just to play online. PS+ was an optional feature that gave you benefits for using the service. Now it's required for you just to play online on the PS4. Not everyone was happy about that after being used to not having to play monthly.

its a namco/badai game, sony made a deal w/ them for exclusives. its not gonna happen, unless it did for KOF 14 in which case im wrong.

A lot of bamco games have been coming out on PC recently though, i know they made a deal for bloodborne but they also funded that.

The online features were free in the alpha and beta.

were they announced they would be on launch or was it added a year on release? i know das3 was on ps4/xbone/pc and gundam breaker 3 was on ps4/vita but those were announced. i dont think they were added later.

Some were and some weren't. Hell PC has even been getting older shit like God Eater and the Tales of games recently. Oh and too. Still blows my mind that PC is finally getting Atelier.

Neither Bloodborne or this game have anything to do with Bamco

In any case, if it's not announced for simultaneous release the wait can be from a few months to a year for a PC version, giving double-dipping fags all the justification they need.
It wasn't exactly long ago massively delayed PC releases were the standard and same day ones were unheard of.

Do you know how these things works?

That's pretty much what I'm expecting to happen, my backlog is huge anyways so i can afford to wait.

yep, not everyone is happy about it, but I don't really care. I'm not exactly strapped for cash so if I wanted to use it, I could. As for all games requiring a monthly fee? Incredibly unlikely unless you are taking part in a subscriber model.

do you just want people to reply to you while you say nothing? I get being desperate for attention, but it's more fun to actually engage.

Nioh is Koei Tecmo. Not Bandai Namco.

The games servers are payed for by the developer or the publisher. Sony and PS+ has nothing to do with it. For whatever reason they decided to forego the pay wall for the multiplayer in the demos and I was able to play with other players without paying for PS+. There's no guarantee it'll be free in the full release but it is possible to use the online without PS+ considering that it's already happened.

little sad to miss out on the discussion of a game just to play older games. It's a lot more enjoyable playing games the same time everyone else is, much better sense of discovery.

Leave this board and kill yourself mate

What he was implying is that you don't need PS+ for anything that is already free, like demos, free to play games, or the Nioh Alpha and Beta. That was explained at the very beginning before the PS4 even launched.

Is that true is it? I remember downloading a free to play fps and I couldn't play it because I didn't have PS+.

Its a fucking Beta you tard, of course online is free for testing that especific game.
Is this your first time?
Goddamn how fucking new are you?
Are you with ?

Why would you think I'd spoiler myself?
I enjoyed Dragons Dogma and EDF threads like they were just released.
And in a certain way they were considering the technical improvements they had.

you mean those threads where all the nuances were already discovered about the game and it was resharing several year old images from people who discovered things on consoles?

It is, or should be as every other free game I've seen or played has been playable without PS+. I don't know what game you're talking about but it was one of the things they announced at the same time when they revealed that multiplayer required it.

But that's only tangentially related to Nioh. Here's what I believe will be the intro, with one hell of a surprise teaser at the end.
youtube.com/watch?v=kR_nDRIQOJY

Sure thing son

probably the one good thing was the convenience of recording, otherwise nothing too interesting came up. Nothing new definitely.

that's nice, just dont forget you're betting all of this on a port that may not ever happen

Moving the goalposts this far should be illegal

I'm not the one equating autists singing a song with discovering new things in a game. Not to mention a game the thread isn't even about.

Lots of "impossible" things happened this year user.
This isn't even near the amount of crazy shit thats happened these past couple of years.
I'm hopeful and thats enough

Whats enough is derailing this thread for platform war shit though so I'll apologize and take my leave.
Try not to reply to the shitters

Well, maybe I can salvage the thread somewhat. A whole bunch of new gameplay footage was revealed, here's some of the videos. Be warned, the players suck as per usual, and some of the videos might have really big plot spoilers. I'm not watching them the whole way through for that reason.
youtube.com/watch?v=qqw-tuvbSLw
youtube.com/watch?v=PCpDmVHSPik
youtube.com/watch?v=ABTkgYY0_Co
youtube.com/watch?v=ncXrihPfAg4

Probably because the last years conditioned me to not expect much from devs but I'm a bit weary about this game. They're showing off too many weapons, characters, monsters etc which is making me wonder if the game's going to be on the short side or if these jackasses are gonna pull a Capcom and show every little damn thing that when we get the game, there won't be anything to surprise us.

And, of course, there's that classic KT kikery. Fuckin' season pass because they just had to.

I haven't played the game except a tiny number of minutes when I booted one of the demos months ago. It's apparent the game is extremely low budget. They're riding the Souls wave. It's Team Ninja, they don't make good games in a long time like their parent Koei Tecmo. The game will be moderately shit but sell well to justify a sequel with lots more funding and further titles as long as the game format stays popular enough.

How do you enjoy anything

Apparently there's going to be around 20 main missions and 100 side missions. They've said it'll take around 40 to 70 hours to play through based on how much of that you do. I think they've shown a lot but at the same time there's still been a lot of things shown that I had no idea about, so there's probably still a lot of surprises in store.

I'm sure that "tiny number of minutes" in either the Alpha or Beta (both of which were very different with unique content comparatively) showed you everything about the game and how it plays.

Souls games and derivatives seem to attract some extremely autistic manchildren, obese ones. Does it help them build self esteem?

They make a good job making it look good on the screenshots. Environment graphics and peons look average but all the dark and mist covers it. I guess it's like their other games where there's a lot of care put into the main characters and bosses.

Just try to make the best of it.
But I don't recall the last time I was unconditionally hyped for a game because there's always something, whether it's DLC/season passes, (((localization))), flat out lying devs or simply high expectations that aren't met.

I suppose the side missions will be things like that duel with Tachibana Muneshige in the second demo.
The missions in the demo took me their sweet time though the maps were more labyrinthine than large. My one gripe with the game was the pacing - with equipment drops and leveling up unlocking abilities, it seems there's too much incentive to grind.

That or the gauntlet of fights as well, so there's likely gonna be some variety to them. I think they might be counting Twilight missions in that too but who knows. I liked that design of the levels as it made them feel really dense with a lot to them, especially the second level in the Alpha. The pacing seemed fine to me though, leveling wasn't too difficult and there were many ways to get skill points outside of leveling, plus the loot encourages co-op and adds some great replayability to it if you want to get particular things, but there was also decent enough equipment if you were just going through. And I don't consider it grinding anyway if what you're doing is interesting enough to keep your focus.

I find myself having flashbacks to the endless cries of
In response to begging for a PC version of Dragon's Dogma…. Hm.

I only played the first demo and I admit it took a while for me to get into the game's flow (don't go guns blazing and fight enemies one at a time is probably the only things from DS that can applied here; IMHO the game's more of a CUHRAYZEEE Onimusha); kept going for high stance and mid weight until I saw a bunch of low stance katana endless barrage videos and decided to hop on that bandwagon (I think that got nerfed).

IIRC, Hanzo's supposed to be playable at some point. If such is the case, I wonder how different he'll be since Bill already has a bunch of ninja magic and weapons.

The beta was pretty fun, some small issues here and there though.

Thank god I'm not this gay.

Yes. Then they brag on the internet about how hardcore they are for beating the game.

Yeah if you go into the game just playing it like Souls then you'd die, too many people did that without adapting and blamed the game, which happened to fuel a lot of the changes. You basically had to learn the rules before you could break them, it was best to fight without getting outnumbered (and I loved how threatening that was) but once you knew how to fight there were many ways you could deal with groups which made the combat really great and showed how far you came. Swapping between all the different stances felt so satisfying, it definitely has an Onimusha feel to it and a big combo system, but needed a more considered approach that made it feel special, which a lot of people ignored especially in their feedback. It's not completely cuhrayzee like it's not totally Souls, though it has some of those aspects.
The thing about low stance though is that because it had Dodge Pulse, you were able to abuse that with dash attacks that did way more damage than it's main attacks while essentially never running out of Ki. All the stances were pretty strong in their own ways, but that was a bit overshadowing and meant it could get past it's intentional limiters like low damage and durability. In the Beta they swapped high stance's Combo Pulse with low stance's Dodge Pulse, and while it was a great idea giving that to high stance, it shouldn't have lost Combo Pulse. Low stance couldn't make any real use of it, plus it didn't even need it since it has the lowest costs. Although they removed durability and lowered the health of enemies so as far as low stance nerfs go it didn't matter anyway, plus in the most recent version they decided "fuck it" and gave every stance Dodge Pulse, and I know exactly why.

Hanzo's not an actual playable character in the sense of having his own skills, but one of the things they showed is a shop where you can use a currency earned from online play to buy, among other things, skins that make you look and sound like other characters. Hanzo's one of them.

I admit I didn't like how everything felt like it was made of styrofoam but ditching durability entirely was too much.

Didn't know they're going that route. Well, there's certainly a lot of character skins to choose from. It's almost half a Musou roster.

Judging by the new trailer, we're getting some youkai revisionism with the Western army being literally demons. I'm surprised they went that route given KT have such a raging boner for Mitsunari.
Also, the end boss is going to be Oda Nobunaga or, at least, Kerry channeling him or or, Kerry was always Nobunaga.

Why has nobody ever thought of a Dark Souls style game with multiplayer being that real players can take over npcs in another player's world and fuck their shit up? Imagine how much more fun it would be if you could be the archers in Anor Londo.

Honestly the pace it went down at was fine, the damage didn't drop hugely until you hit 0 and it was still 1/4 of how much it normally was, if you used your stances appropriately you could make it last long enough and it could make using both your equipped weapons important. Cutting it entirely was a really badly thought out move, at most they could have made a kodama bonus for it, though offering gave enough items most of the time. Speaking of that though, there was a very recent interview that didn't say much but did say that they were still listening for feedback in regards to post launch content and patches. I'll just link right to it. thesixthaxis.com/2017/01/16/team-ninja-on-niohs-development-mythology-varied-yokai/

Kelly has been seen shapeshifting into other people in the earlier trailers, like Muneshige. Can't tell for sure whether he's using Nobunaga's appearance for effect, trying to draw on his power, or something else, but whatever it is it's gonna be insane, though I'm pretty sure he's still originally himself. I think one of the gameplay videos I posted have big spoilers about that in particular at the end, but I'm being very careful to avoid it

Square Enix had a game called Mindjack that had that. You can hack random NPCs in another person's single player campaign and can help or hinder them. I haven't played it, so I can't say much about it.

very lewd

You sound like a fucking shill.

Invaders already do that

They don't take over npcs. They bring their own special snowflake character into your game.

From what I remember Mindjack was complete shit. That mechanic sounds neat though, wish it was in a better game.

but it was

You know, I'm starting to get the feeling someone making this game might have a thing for monster girls. First Bat-tengu-bitch, then spider-whore, now a moth-girl-spirit-thing.

This isn't coming to PC. Sony is handling publishing in North America.

Only in North America?

North America, Europe, and Asia. Only place that they aren't publishing is Japan.

I think you can do that in Resident Evil 6. Control a enemy and invade another player.

That's just Japanese mythology/folklore for ya. And it's still missing quite a few like mermaids, snake women, kitsune and more common depictions of ghosts (the historically accurate dead wives show up in other forms).
But yeah, Yoshitsugu's moth girl spirit is a bit odd.

There's going to be one last demo. Copy-paste:
The “Last Chance Trial” for Nioh, announced for Japan earlier this morning as the final demo, will run from January 21 to 22 in North America and Europe, publisher Sony Interactive Entertainment announced.

The demo will be available for download on the PlayStation Store later today, but won’t be playable until January 21.

Those who clear the demo can earn a number of rewards. You will get the “Ogress Headgear” for clearing the Main Mission, whereas completing the Twilight Mission will give you one more chance to secure the “Mark of the Conqueror” and “Mark of the Strong” from last year’s Alpha and Beta demos.

You will need to keep your save data from the Last Chance Trial in order to access the Ogress Headgear in the final game. As for “Mark of the Conqueror” and “Mark of the Strong,” you will be prompted to download content that you will also need to keep on your PlayStation 4 until launch. Visit the “Boons” at the in-game shrines to claim your rewards.

I played the last demo more than most of the games I own.

I'll be in whatever thread is up at the time looking to help people beat the twilight bosses.

THE ABSOLUTE MAD MEN! THREE DEMOS! THERE WAS THREE NIGGAS!

Fucking nice

They're based off Japanese myths, not some horny character designer's fetish.

Though they said it would be available on the weekend, the demo's already up.

When is this demo over?

read

Why has discussion suddenly died? Anyway, here's my attempt at the Ogress boss battle. files.catbox.moe/b8xi2m.mp4

I have to say, draining the stamina of enemies to be able to stunlock them is incredibly satisfying. No doubt the combat in Nioh is far superior to the Souls games.

Been playing for a few hours. I like the level design and fighting most enemies but gotta admit some parts really drive up the walls. The Tengu was really annoying and I had to resort to the guardian spirit to kill it; the Ogress took me a fair share of attempts mostly because of that damn jump attack leaves you stunlocked for a week that got very ambiguous to dodge if we happened to get the wrong camera angle and now I'm stuck on Muneshige who basically has infinite poise, instant full stamina drain attacks, borderline OHKOs and a motherfuckin' Pikachu.
Then again, I'm using mostly light armor, have little investment in stamina and my weapons of choice are the dual uchigatanas and the kusarigama.

Yeah, he's kicking my ass too. I thought it was going to be a comfortable fight because of the experience I had with him in the Beta, but he seems to be much stronger now (I believe this is the Twilight version).

It says "Mission Level - 13" so I assume that's the recommended level to face him. I leveled up to 15 but I get killed almost instantly. Even his basic 4 hit combo stunlocks Bill to death.
That said, I didn't roidrage like in the Alpha where I finished the first mission at Lv23 and the second around Lv40.

Here's a copy/paste of notes I stumbled upon:
- Stamina regen is nerfed hard. I can say about 30~40%.
Thus, ki-pulse is a must to use.
You might be tempted to raise Stamina pool through Heart, but the gains are abysmall.
Better to improve your gear in Ki loss through DMG or actions.

- Ki DMG suffered when hit is buffed.
The biggest complain of the people is actually buffed.
HOWEVER, the mechanics are also changed from beta/alpha.
[Toughness] and [Equip Load] are 2 very important stats now that you need to balance.
[Toughness] is a new armor stat that govern Ki loss when hurt. (Like poise)
[Ki DMG-%] as a mod has been removed. Invest in Stamina and don't go full robes/ naked.

- Getting stunlocked is a thing.
Previously, guarding would break an enemy's combo. Now it won't.
Still it's faster than dodging, so i suggest mashing block.

- Enemies hit a lot harder than the Alpha.
But mostly because gear and levels come much slower than before
and enemies scale much much faster.

- Enemy HP is bloated like in the Alpha.
As such, weapons are much more important than armors (a big contrast to the beta).
Killing fast is more important now than tanking.

-Magic/ Onmyou is hit with the nerf hammer quite a bit.
The passive to buff healing through items is lost. Now it's an item mod.
Buffs have been nerfed in potency. No more 1min of God Mode.
Compare them to FTH buffs from DaS3 (just supportive).

-Ninja skills are going to be the PvP meta.
Especially the skill that creates spikes on the floor. You literally can't move, attack, dodge.
Also has tons of very usefull passive utilities.

-Revenant's AI is improved. They will use a lot of new tricks and their pattern isn't simple like before.

-Twilight Boss has improved AI, better spacing control and 2 new movesets (but not that game changing)

-Bosses can appear as elites (Onryoki in Twilight mode)

-Legendaries / Exotics (=the purple gear) is much rarer to drop. You still farm them from Revenants.

-Body (Hp stat) still hits the softcap fast at 10.

-Ki DMG you cause is changed too.
High-stance and High-stance skill will decimate an enemy's Ki/Stamina.
Mid-stance seems nerfed in DMG and KI-DMG. Still good for DPS when the enemy is not staggered by lack of Ki.
Low-stance can juggle an elite demon when it is out of breath/Ki pretty nicely.

-Gun/ Cannon/ Bow DMG during headshots is buffed a lot.
A Lv6 Cannon dealt 5,5k DMG as a headshot. O_O

-Bosses and Elites drop unique legendary crafting materials (like Diablo3 cache legendary mats).
Ogre's/ Onryoki's horn can be used to craft "elemental amulets" (weapon resins/buffs)
Oni Amelia's Horn is used for the popular "Sacrifice Ring".

-Don't sell gear for cash this time.
"Salvage" them for materials and then craft new gear

Each type of gear gives a specific material according to its type
However, the "tamahagane" has 4 ranks: Low->Uncommon->Rare->Exotic
What quality you get depends on the rarity of the gear you broke:
Ex1 A white piece of trash gives low quality
Ex2 A purple MLG equipment gives the top quality

When you craft a weapon, the game asks you a number of materials and then you get to choose the quality of each material. The higher the quality, the better the result. Keep picking up everything and salvage it!

-Gold drops are also reduced.
Best source of income are Mission Rewards.
Fastest way to get rich is to kill the West Warrior Boss mission.
Twilight gives a huge chunk of money but it takes time.

On enemy placement
- There weren't cluster gangs like those in the beta. A major difference is that enemy range and aggro behaves a lot like souls games now. It is much easier to separate enemy groups and pick them off one by one.

New standout abilities:
- Ninja and High-stance skills

Stats:
Stat importance in Beta: Spirit > Ninja =Magic > Body > Stamina >STR = SKILL > Heart

Spirit is also nerfed in that Spirit don't have levels anymore. So you need 10~12 for all passive boosts from spirits and that's all.

Current stat importance: Ninja > Stamina > Magic > Spirit > STR = SKILL > Heart > Body

HP pool is meaningless due to crazy flat DMG.
You get a ton more survivability through DEF and armors and toughness.

fuck me. est is superior

Overall, after playing it myself and reading through , I like the new changes they've made since the beta, especially how revenants also use Ki Pulse in the same way you do now. The new weapon type is pretty cool.

Is the demo not live for anyone else? It says it will unlock at 22:00 and won't let me play, but yall are saying you can play it right now?

I'm GMT and I was able to play it since 1pm earlier, it must have different times for different timezones.

We had better get a Tengu mask in this game.

Regarding the changes, I mentioned my gripe with the pacing but drops are considerably less frequent now and you earning proficiency points is easier so that changed entirely and overall, I feel there's a lot less breaks for "inventory management". Also, they added a option to check several things when offering which is another gripe I had, enemies no longer chase you into the boss room, heavy gear and high stance poise…fuck me! If I knew they'd listen, I'd asked for playable Nyotengu. :^)

Don't see why not but sorry for not being more precise; the enemy in the game is karasu tengu.
Wouldn't be surprised if a "pure blooded" Daitengu appears as a boss though.

What about offensive Onmyou attacks?

And how are your animal buddies in this version?

I got two random clips from the Muneshige battle, and my play style has been changing dramatically. Just look at how fast you move and attack in this game, and I've only been playing this a couple of hours and only unlocked a handful of skills. Just imagine someone who's mastered this combat system could do. It's all in the stance switching, shit's cuhrayzee.
files.catbox.moe/m185zb.mp4
files.catbox.moe/n7qx8e.mp4

I feel fear.

Finally got him. The fight got a bit messy towards the end, but I smacked his shit until half his life bar.
This is a fucking day one buy.
files.catbox.moe/wivwwn.mp4

HA! HA! TIME FOR NIOH!

So is the trick with the Ogress just staying in hugging range and slashing away then get the hell out of dodge when she does her big ground pound?

So how many of you pre-ordered the game last month from Amazon Prime for $48? Come on, fess up. I did.

I'm sad to hear about season pass bullshit but at least the discount will help offset the cost.

F-fuck you Koei, I buy your games for nearly 10 years and this is what I get?

but there aren't any spiders in this demo

I know, but they will be in the final game a whole stage or at least major section of one.

eh I guess.

Anywho anyone mess around with the Mega-bomb yet? That thing's hilariously fun, also really damaging if you position it right.

Anyone know how to unlock the second tier of skills?

Muneshige is an actual challenge, but all you had to do is dodge his attacks to the right so you end up behind him, attack him like 2-3 times, back off.

Well, spiders are such spooky fucks that they are monsters in pretty much all the folklores.
And if the game about japanese lore doesn't have all the japanese monsters, they ain't doing their job right.

Only Team Ninja can make me get gud and not be mad at all the death.

I just tried the Muneshige boss battle with a Hammer and medium armor, and the change in both defense and damage output are significant. This was the first time I have ever used an Hammer in any Nioh demo and I absolutely crushed Muneshige.

Also, Lances go well with the Hammers because both weapons scale well off Body (which is one of the main stats you'll want to invest to tank attacks due to slow attack speed if you're using a Hammer). I'm just theorizing all this, but I think I'm finally understanding where they wanted us to go with specific builds.

This board has gone to shit with sonyggrrs

they're much better than the condiments at least.

Keep some shurikens on hotkey when you're fighting Muneshige. I find that using them to stagger him when his stamina bar is empty is a lot safer than trying to run up and poke him.

Also, is there anyway to get a Nue's Claw in this demo. One is required to forge his weapon.

Did she get any of you guys too?

I hope this game comes to PC.
I keep getting omnimusha vibes from it nearly.

Just finished the last chance trial demo.
It got me interested, though I don't think this game can top bloodborne in terms of fun and replayability. At very least, you can't pull a waste of skin playthrough with this game.

The only thing that's stopping me from buying this game on day one is the translation quality. If the english translation is shit, I might have to get it later and in Chinese.

so some horny guys writing Japanese myths then?

Can somebody teach me how to git gud with spears? I played the last two demos and I felt like hot garbage with them. I switched to the kasurigama and it was night and day, despite not being properly specced for them.

lol no

The Spear Stance Change skill (heavy stance) was a must for me against Muneshige. See the videos I posted earlier in this thread and pay attention to how I use it. The rolling and running attacks are pretty effective as well.
There's a lot to say about how each weapon handles, but you really have to try them out for yourself to understand their minutiae.

I played Alpha with nothing but a spear. I put it on high attack and never changed it. Compared to a katana or axe/hammer the spear seemed like easy mode to me. I really didn't even learn the combos I just went WHAM WHAM WHAM with it.

Just finished twilight mission and just stayed in high stance and hardly ever ki pulsed. It's weird to hear people saying it's so essential. If I'm low on ki I just back off for a second and then wail on them.

What weapon did you use?

Yeah neither were the last 50 games ported over the last couple years

Just got to twilight ogre and I've been having a blast the entire time. Definitely going to pick this up at some point after release.

Some dude on YouTube was beating the beta while naked and using a wooden sword.

Well, I can't.
The game plays too differently from Bloodborne, and I don't have the patience to chip off HP around a single enemy for 5 minutes each.

Why were the japs such casuals in the demo? This would have been unthinkable in the old days.

Not sure. But I can see several problems with this game.
Take Muneshige for example, some of his attacks are downright bullshit, he fucking autoaims hard on to you and the timing differs from time to time.
The only way I killed him was hiding behind the rock on the left, and wait for his attacks to finish before chipping his health off.

It's just not like the Souls game the japs are better on. The patterns are way less defined and harder to predict.

How the FUCK do you beat the Ogress?

wait for an attack, dodge left, hit 2-3 times, dodge back. rinse, repeat, and you're done.

uchigatana only

Stay close get right up her ass

the Ogress isn't even that much harder than the Asylum Demon, user.

That jumling attack is downright bullshit if you stay locked on I imagine that is tripping a lot of people up.

just roll to the side at the height of her jump

Fuck all of you.

I actually restarted using a different character since the stage is pretty small and straight forward. I think I made some bad leveling choices.

What does "Needs additional training" for an ability?

Never played Dark Souls.

That's what I figured.

You can say that again.

OK so as it turns out I'm an idiot. Apparently all you have to do is use a katana in mid stance and just dodge around. I could have done that 10 to 15 levels ago.
The Bull helps too.

Throwing me off for sure. I'm getting a Dark Souls 2 vibe from her hitbox-wise. I dodge behind her during the jump attack, was a good three feet behind her, and the attack still managed to hit me, did something like 1400 and killed me outright. This was Twilight Mode, of course.

Depends. Even when I could dodge his iaido attack most of the times, he'd randomly dodge-cancel the recovery so there's no consistent openings to take advantage besides parrying.

Took me one very infuriating hour to beat Muneshige and I finally managed to defeat him by the skin of my teeth with arguably the plainest of strategies (mid-stance sword) then tried my luck at the Twilight mission only to ragequit like a bitch. I'm no stranger to getting stuck on something for hours and keep at it but this asshole is too fuckin' random for me to owe my victory to anything but luck and a blessing from RNGesus because he never decided to hyper armor through my attack and kill me with a lightning sword chimp out. Also doesn't help that the tall grass gives that fucker a 70% camo index.
There's already hints that we'll be fighting other NPCs and they'll probably up the bullshit even more (expect Honda Tadakatsu to be a LOT worse). I admit I'm still a bit assblasted and it's the frustration talking but I was left wondering if it's worth getting the game to put with this crap.
I managed to git gud at Ogress and I think the main game is a lot easier than the Alpha, you can still get destroyed by the lowest of peons but level and gear don't feel like they matter as much, however the difficulty absolutely spikes at some specific parts like the karasu tengu. Maybe a STR build would be a good choice for the first run as that stuff seems to have buffed.

You need to dodge under her but if you're near a wall, the camera completely fucks you over. I try to stay as centered as possible but the place is too small and you simply have to back way a few times.
Same as Muneshige, they both have that one trump card attack they love getting spam happy with.

I thought the kusarigama was going to take a page from DaS and be the token unique weapon that's sadly crap but it's surprisingly good. The low stance light attack does a shitload of damage if you get all the hits in.

So, how does healing work in this ?
I just picked up the demo and I have been on like no health for the past 30 minutes just aimlessly stumbling around playing extremely patiently, which is just not my style.

I really enjoy both the kusarigama and the spear because they both let you jump, but I can't seem to pry myself away from axes/hammers.

The default control for healing is to press up on the d-pad and use an Elixir, of which you normally start off with 5, but you can get more as random drops. Apart from that, you can find green pools of water called hot springs, which heal you to full and continue to heal you over time for a while afterwards.

Don't you mean William? The main character is William Adams, an English explorer who became a Samurai. Of course IRL he did not battle demons like in the game.

It's funny how potato fans are always so desperate to claim their precious exclusives won't come for PC at some point later. I guess without this delusion their world would just crumble, no longer being able to find any reason to waste money on the scam that is consoles.

The thread title's just a typo, I think. William's Irish in the game and his voice actor is from Belfast, which I'm alright with since I live not far from there.

From is not owned by Bamco anymore. Did you miss the whole thing couple years ago where they were sold to another company, which then immediately made Miyazaki the president of FromSoft and gave him full control over their plans and development?

(checked)

chritst alive twilight mode doesn't fuck around, but it feels a little more "padded" than actually difficult because it takes so long to kill each enemy granted i'm using a kusarigama this time because it wasn't in the last level and its fun but it doesn't seem great against demon enemies.

this game is fun, but its weakest point in all demos is still the boss fights

(checked)
That's what the globalists want you to think. :^)

Yeah. The parent company is Kadokawa who also own boatsluts.

i wanna smash that boatslut

Alright I was hasty to dismiss the existence of demons guys.
I have thought, that maybe in history supernatural things actually used to exist, but that perhaps advancement of science and technology caused these things to disappear.

Farm some revenants, most will have gear that's at least twice as good as what you got in normal mode. The big oni are still gonna be tough, but at least you can damage them and take a hit.

yeah i figured i just needed to grind or something to get more on-par gear even if its not fun. does anyone know if you get another download reward for beating the twilight mission?

Kappa and Tengu demanding reparations for genocide on social media. #YoukaiLivesMatter

Seems they changed the game to make that the optimal farming method unlike the Alpha where you couldn't kick a squirrel without finding a full armor set.

does anyone remember the name of that one isometric top down perspective "sandbox" style wandering samurai/ronin game that was set in this massive sandy dune like world? there were base building mechanics and different jobs npc's had, you could recruit a band of ronin/bandits RTS style etc etc

i remember seeing it on steam years ago and now its like it completely fucking vanished

i know it existed, can anyone help me out here?

holy shit just give up now and go play gone home

Dude, the game never told me what to do hahahah *burp*

The fuggg is dis

Who else /playingwithacompanion/ here?

Never gets old.

sweet jesus

I want to ask who this guy but I'm not sure I want to know

*who this guy is

He spent the time getting and using a trainer instead of playing the game.

you know what wait, cuz sometimes i would actually argue that souls games menus aren't very well done, but how can you make this long ass rant when the solution to learning is just pressing the fucking A button and seeing what happens

It wasn't his only one either.

beat the ogress in twillight mode, first try actually, she seems to be exactly the same as regular mode

Yeah, in the second beta they made the twilight bosses much harder by spawning adds.

oh fuck that

The part that always gets me is where he says no game in existence has you select a blank slot to equip items to it. Every old JRPG does that, and of course DS is Japanese. Absolutely retarded.

It is something that gets a bit more practical with every new game.

That message rant. This is like a DSP of autism.

Oh yeah, whatever happened to DSP? The last I heard he was losing subscribers and Patreon donors

Does anyone know where the fuck these are from?

I fucking love the Unmatched Warrior of the West gear. It's the most pompous, dick swing armor I've ever seen in a game.

He's know as TLGamer/MPC4Utube among other things. He has 10 times the ego of DSP with only 1/10 the skill. He makes these kinds of rants all the time. He's wonderful.

lmao
I mean i can pirate it but still lmao

Is this how console kids act or is this some advanced form of trolling?

hi condiment

Can someone give some insight into how equip load functions in this game? Does it only effect Ki recovery or are there no downsides to wearing the best/heaviest armour?

There are actually some upsides. It takes less ki to block attacks I believe.

Is it just me or is it impossible to summon for the twilight mission?

I can do it.

I've been waiting forever an no one comes, and I can never get summoned for it either, just the normal level.

Level 30 plz halp

Nevermind I am retarded faggot, I forgot I still have one of those passwords on.

But he's a british sailor

RABBIT RABBIT RABBIT

The First Weeaboo

Has anyone tried the Kodama-inhabited Bowl?

It just spawns a little kodama, it doesn't seem to do anything.

It might have some kind of effect on enemies. I have a million I should test it.

It doesn't seem to consume the cup either. I wonder what it's suppose to do? It's a green Kodama so it doesn't seem like it would have any affect at hotsprings.

I don't think the DS pvp survived under xbox live

died*

Well it's over for me. I finished this demo the same way I finished the beta, dueling Muneshige in the grass at sunset. Seemed like the right way to to do it.

Rabbit is strong, that +ninjutsu power makes your bombs do obscene damage.

I like how they say he is a level 13 fight but he will completely destroy you in the level 30s if your skill and equipment aren't up to snuff.

All enthusiasm destroyed. Multifaggots destroy video games they touch.

You mean PvP, multiplayer already exists. From what I can tell, there won't be unconsesual invasions, but we don't know for sure.

I agree that balancing for PvP usually fucks over balancing for PvE, but it's not an impossibility.

Might be worth a pirate at best.

Is PS4 piracy possible right now? I don't follow that kind of stuff.

That's why he's the best boss in the entire game. No other enemies, no stage leading up to him, just a one on one battle in the tall grass. You're either good enough or you're not. Even playing ring around the rock won't save you if you don't have a minimum level of skill.

It's possible they just won't balance it for PvP.

Maybe it'll be a player version of the Tachibana fight? That'd be pretty cool

every thing has to do with Bamco, they're like the Kraft foods of slant eye entertainment.

She can't even hit you if you hug her legs, except for her slam and jump attacks which are easily dodged.

Yeah I discovered that. Closing the distance between you and her is actually the most dangerous part of that fight. If you hesitate or if you pick the wrong moment to do it she'll just combo you to death. Over all I think she's easier than Onryoki since you have more room to move around and because of her near body "safe" zone, she's just faster than he is and doesn't start the battle weighted down.
Hinoenma was another one that will combo you to death if you don't close with her just right but her boss room was so big that you could easily evade her forever as long as you have good stamina.

Music in this game is 10/10

What is this game

Jesus were you doing a challenge run with a level 1 weapon or something? That damage is horrible

Since I only played around with spears in Alpha and haven't used axes/hammers at all I've been thinking about going that route my first playthrough when it comes out. Are they compatible with each other stat and armor wise? You seem to pretty much need heavy armor to make hammers work.

Just a low stance dual sword.

yeah, but even for a low stance duel sword that damage is abysmal.
50 on a backhit?

WE WUZ SAMURAIZ N' SHIEEEET

(To be fair, Nobunaga's nigga Yasuke is a historical figure.)

You mean much cheaper tbqh.

Does Niggerai have a bear guardian spirit?

I believe at the time of recording it was a level 7 sword that I hadn't bothered to upgrade. Nothing better was dropping but then I finally remembered I can use soul match to keep the ki usage reduction bonus it had but increase it to a higher level for more base damage. Even after that I still averaged maybe 80 damage per hit at best, but it's the DPS that matters not the individual hits, and dual swords it built for lots of hits.

It's really not cheap. The game gives you all the tools you need to kill the adds and avoid the boss' attacks.

Unlike the Souls series, every weapon has fast attacks that don't leave you vulnerable.

weebsouls

I fucking love this guy.

Copy-paste from dualshockers:
We see more of Edward Kelley, who came from a distant foreign land like the portagonist William. He wears black clothes and he is proficient in alchemy. He makes use of lesser demons and is able to raise dead human bodies. He interferes with the wars of the Sengoku era for some mysterious purpose.

Yasuke is a samurai of African origins wearing a jet black armor on his extraordinarily large body. His identity is mysterious, but he appears to confront William in order to fulfill Kelley’s plans. He used to serve Oda Nobunaga, who gave him his Japanese name.

Tenkai Is a monk, onmyodo teacher and practitioner of the Tendai sect of Esoteric Buddhism. He wields great power in the art of guardian spirits. He is very concerned about Kelly’s misuse of his powers, and will lend William is aid against him.

Fuku is s disciple of Tenkai, and a female Onmyodo teacher. She is powerful in ssummoning spirits, and she sees through William’s ability, which is why she takes him under her wing to teach him her art.

Tenkai and Fuku meet william at the Honnoji Temple, after he has been cursed by the ice of a Yuki Onna. After that, they accompany him to Sekigahara, teaching him various aspects of the art of Onmyodo.

Hōzōin In’ei is a monk belonging to the Kofukuji temple in Nara. Inspired by the shape of the crfescent moon reflected on the water’s surface, he developed a cross-shaped spear with a sickle blade on each side. His art is very different from the usual spear fighting style used by other warriors.

Yagyu Sekishusai is a swordsman who lives only to practice the way of the sword. He mastered the martial school named Skinkage-ryu through severe training including fighting against Tengu. He often challenges travelers for a round by taking away their weapon with bare hands.

As the player advances through the story, he will be able to perform “mentor missions” in the training grounds, to learn techniques from the greatest masters of the time, including Hozoin In’ei the spear master and Yagyu Sekishusai the sword master.

Gonna be in the DLC. The three episodes are:
Dragon of the North – Venture deep into Japan’s embattled Northern provinces
Defiant Honor – Fight in the bloody Winter Campaign of the Siege of Osaka
Bloodshed’s End – Bring the Siege of Osaka to an end during the Summer Campaign

That guy that made videos of him tearing through the alpha and beta made a new one for the Last Chance trial. Gets me pumped for the full game watching this and thinking about how much room there is to grow in terms of player skill.

Is that one of these in that third image?

I think it might be.