HOLY SHIT THERE'S A CHANCE XENOBLADE WILL BE PROPERLY LOCALIZED

HOLY SHIT THERE'S A CHANCE XENOBLADE WILL BE PROPERLY LOCALIZED

twitter.com/johntv/status/819802074699337728

it begins

Depends if Nintendo of Europe gets the game again.

If Treehouse is in charge then I do think the game will be fucked.

I don't understand why you'd support a system like that to begin with. When your games are a coin flip from getting ruined at all times it's best to move on. If you keep supporting the company that censors and fucks your games it's pretty obvious what's going to keep happening don't you think? I mean it's only common sense.

Fucking hell please be the case. The bong voices added so much fresh charm and the cast didn't sound annoying nor was there an air of San Fran SJW My Wife's Trans Son stuff.

It's a nintendo game, so there is no chance

I want Xenosaga back.

It happened with the first Xenoblade.

Is the 3DS version of Xenoblade censored or hamburgered?

Save us Euroclaps. NoE is so much more competent than NoA that it's ridiculous

In the current year? I want to believe. Oh wait, current year is when Trump is president.

Nah, we're fucked. Get to learning japanese.

bluh bloo muh treehouse muh cucks fe: fates made everything nintendo has ever made retroactively shit because i say so i am a drooling retard who didn't know about treehouse and its dodgy translation work since donkey kong country at all until it became cool to shitpost about it

Now that we've gotten 60% of what the thread will be about out of the way let's get to actually talking about fucking Xenoblade

It isn't touched at all because it's a port of the Wii version. I imagine the new one will get handed to NoE just for consistency's sake.

Hi Cody.

My approach is that I purchase games that are properly localized and don't if they aren't, either way it's a win/win for me. I get a good game if it's not butchered in localization, I save sixty bucks if it ain't.

Who?

honestly if the japanese versions can just get english subs then you wouldn't need to buy a single NoA version of the games for the failure that is the switch.
but that is hoping to much from Nintendo at this point.

if subs do happen in the japanese version of nintendo games then at that point 3 or 5 years after the launch of the switch it may be worth getting when it has games in its library

This. Im tired of all these sonygger console warrior cucks who keep shitting up the board. NoJ is obviously slapping NoA down, its very easy to tell by how the switch reveal was entirely in japanese and how little Reggie and friemds were involved. I mean Todd Howard had more screen time than Reggie in a Nintendo event. Let that sink in. The whole region free thing is probably NoJ saying
The only way they could escalate further would be allowing english text in the japanese releases. A lot of the big localization crippled games such as Fates were out in Japan a LOT earlier than the US so I could see this biting into sales hard.

I get the feeling that even if NoE translates this game perfectly, discussion of it will be impossible here without faggots shitting up the thread calling everybody censorship apologist nintendrones.

I hope the game comes out properly as well but I'm pretty sure Xenoblade was only properly localized because of when it was done not who it was done by. At least in terms of assets getting altered or censored. NOE just doesn't seem to be obsessed with inserting in stupid memes or stupid unfunny tumblresque jokes. Like with Tri Force Heroes.

ISYGDDT

It's going to be switch, Good Localisation or not

Yeah some people just have the idea that once a company has screwed up once they can never redeem themselves. This approach makes no sense to me. Of course you should not buy any of the shit that gets ruined and destroyed by the censors. However if the company does a good job, especially if it's by a company that is usually trash, it should be supported. All the company as a whole cares about is making money if you show them that meeting your standards gets them money then they're more likely to strive for it. If NISA tomorrow apologizes and patches all the censorship out of Criminal Girls on PC then puts out an uncensored version of Criminal Girls 2 on PC as well I would buy it just to show them if they don't screw up they can make money.

Switch is a mixed bag for me, primarily with the paid online. I get the sneaking suspicion Nintendo isn't too sure about it themselves, and that the "free trial" online until fall is more for them to deliberate over it some more. Was the actual subscription price ever revealed? Is it a monthly thing or a once-yearly payment, if so?

The moderator who works for them on the Censored Girls Steam forums stickied the uncensor mod thread.
Thats a little something I guess
A drop of rain in the sea but hey, its something.

Don't kid yourself. They didn't get rid of the region lock because they thought they were losing game sales. I don't know why they did it (though I can take a guess that they didn't want to be the last of the big 3 still doing it), but I do know that import sales are practically non existent in terms of overall game sales. DOAX3 was an oddity that will probably never repeat because the vast majority of people will not play a game in a language they don't understand.

Its a fucking outsourced Nintendo licensed/branded tablet.

1 who cares switch is region free You can import
2 paid online
3 shut battery life and rpgs don't fucking mix
4 your an ungly cunt.

NoE is shit too, remember that fashion game where they made everyone black for no reason?

The uncensored thing doesn't work properly though it just removes the smoke altogether instead of making eventually get to that point. Also unfortunately it looks like they're going to have a hard time restoring all the SFX that NISA ripped out of the original game.

For some reason I think Nintendo's online is going to be like the initial launch of FF14. It's going to be so bad that Nintendo will just never pull it out of the free trial for years. Until a giant overhaul actually makes the service worth paying for (if that's even possible). It's also possible that it will be shit and completely broken but Nintendo will charge anyway. I mean they're just getting off ripping off their entire Wii U customer pool by prematurely killing the thing anything is possible.

Not really. It's only a tablet if you take the grips off and I don't know if it's even useable in that state for anything but poking around menus.

It probably has a propietary babby OS with little to nothing on it

That's about what I was thinking, you'd be heavily restricted in what you can actually do with the thing sans grips (if you're even able to do anything at all). It'd be about as much of a tablet as a 3DS with all the buttons taken off, if you ask me.

I am aware of those facts, but thanks for the info regardless.

user please

I don't think the Switch is intended to be a standin for a computer like a tablet, user.

You can't give them money if you buy their shit used.

That wasn't his argument.

Its an tablet created by Foxconn using Nvidia tech licensed by Nintendo with some gimmicky controllers bundled with it and hostaged software.
And yet all the Nintengoys will line up to get one even with no games aside from the one they were promised for the WiiU years ago.

Don't forget

No.
No kidding. It's not being rolled out until the fall and then only in North America, which probably is the one region that is the most tolerant of paying for online multiplayer. They didn't even really explain how it was going to work. It was almost like paid online was an 11th hour decision.

FUCK. I bet paid online was a concession to NoA because of the region free thing.

But we all know what "tablet" entails and the Switch would only be one in the loosest possible sense of the term. An analogous device would be a tablet bought, barely ever taken out of its slide-in controller, and only used to play video games. It's not used for anything a normal tablet would be, ie e-mail, Facebook shitposting, apps. A dedicated single-purpose tablet, I'll grant, but it isn't a tablet as most people think of one, and I sincerely doubt the screen has any functionality as a solo unit.

Was there ever any truth to those Foxconn leaks from that one anonymous Chinese worker? As far as I can tell they're still rumors, I'm not finding any real verification on it besides that it goes quite into specifics (down to battery capabilities and weight of each component in grams), but I don't trust that after every tranny Nostrodamus under the sun went into details on the Switch's specs and then got blown out of the fucking water.

Forget arguing with him user. He's too used to his consoles being shitty multimedia devices and doesn't remember what dedicated video game consoles were like.

Are you implying that it won't feature any normalfag apps? Because it will have Facebook, Web Browsing and Youtube support for sure.

This new entry is shit with ingame currency bullshit But fuck yourself with a Nailgun anyway

Web browsing and Youtube/Netflix definitely, even the 3DS has Youtube and Netflix. Facebook I sincerely doubt.

The ingame currency is literally earned in-game and used to buy costumes and continues.

Bomberman is super stale and people were complaining about his games being nearly all the same and there being too many just like Megaman, but when they stopped making them people started to moan and cry about wanting the character back.

t. metal gear online

That's how it was on the last good MGO.

And here comes the shilling

You forgot Xenoblade 2, No More Heroes and SMTV coming in 2018/9

Console leaks never hold any truth until 3 months before the console is released.

Its shit

Sure, and Kojimbo is still vacation

I miss it so much.

The fuck are you on about?

How did the ost go from godlike in Xenoblade 1 to shit in X
X music sounds like an attempt at replicating Persona style but with metal and hilariously shitty lyrics

Are there any good RPGs coming out now? I could stand a couple.

The main character is an actual fucking character again and the music should hopefully be closer to Xenoblade's score. Here's hoping the atmosphere and story can compare as well because X was just mediocre on all fucking fronts. Censorship is the least of my concerns at the moment, I just want the base Japanese game to be worth a damn in the first place.

Nice joke

Nope

Sawano can make good music when he tries.

Persona 5 is supposed to be good.

I've only heard perfect things about it

Checked

You should stop browsing reddit then

Wow who could have guessed

Waifus are the only joy i have in life. Persona 4 is one of my happiest times.

I heard it's better than Persona 4
Not hard to do though

It is very good, I only hope they don't royally fuck the localization so everybody can properly enjoy it as much as I did. You'll find it hard to go back to 4 afterwards. I know I sound like a total fucking shill, but I was looking forward to it for so many years through all of the delays and goddamn did it ever deliver.

Im learning jap just in case they fuck it in english, but looking back on previous atlus games, the worst theyve done in recent memory is censor some scenes in dungeon travelers 2.

What about #FE

That was nintendo as much as people like to fault atlus.

Theres a shitton of alternatives for that you retarded weeb.

Battlefield is better than Call of Duty
Must be a good game then

I bet you only watch slice of life anime

The only anime i watch is jojo (well, read now). Anime is really boring.

I'm not defending it, I'm just stating that it's better than trash

Treehouse didn't even localise that one IIRC

faggot alert

While that would certainly be better than NoA and Treehouse, after NoE blacked some characters in that 3DS Style Savvy game, I don't have that much more faith in them. I suppose at the very least they don't meme, but it's reaching the point where it's like asking for a localization with accuracy to the original version, in both script and content, is apparently becoming too much to ask for in regards to a lot of companies.

Im pretty sure they did, but they took their name off of it to try and save face and blame it all on atlus.

Too accurate

I know I'm just giving out an example

B-but F-fun I-Is f-fun

One of the atlus guys admitted on twitter that most of the changes were NoA's decision but they handled majority of the localization, but deleted the tweet after he realized the fuck up he just made. Someone should have the screencap or archive saved.

Lmao

K-On already got Seinfeld effect. Many cute girls doing cute stuff have already improved upon it.

They didn't but NOA mandated stuff that needed to be changed in the game to meet their standards. Atlus' PR guy or something tweeted something out that sounded pretty annoyed saying to direct all questions about content alterations to Nintendo because it was their call. While there is no evidence that it's true seeing how every Nintendo game put out recently along with every game Nintendo has had a hand in has been censored. Along with Atlus only occasionally making some changes makes me side with them on this one.

Mate consider suicide

Google Seinfeld effect and enter the first link that does not give you cancer.

If you ever get the chance; watch the japanese dub of the shrinkage episode. George's VA is amazing.

Absolutely.

Who is this twat?

I see now, my mistake K-On did indeed do these shitty tropes.
I wish nothing but death and suffering to Kyoto animation and otakushits.

>Playing localized games instead of games in their raw form
It is like you people love to get chained.

Oh thank FUCK for that

Im trying, user. So far i know about half the hiragana by heart and a good few kanji and words. Probably not enough to even have a simple conversation, but im trying.

Sawano makes shitty music 9/10ths of the time and sprinkles some lady yelling in german on for dramatic effect. He sucks.

Good luck, user. At least you are not a wishing fag who thinks that Nintendo listens.

I still wish, but i have my backups. If i can, ill try and get a translation job in one of the pozzed companies and try and atleast salvage some of the games that come over. Share thr wealth and all that.

get out /a/

get out pedo /a/ fag

Someone got triggered over anime pictures

Get out >>>/cuckchan/

What's the source on that image?