I was told Logitech made a good PS2 controller, but this thing has a 2 second lag on all inputs...

I was told Logitech made a good PS2 controller, but this thing has a 2 second lag on all inputs. Can't even play RPGs like this.

What are the best controller options here? I heard you can hook a DS3 up with a USB.

Other urls found in this thread:

wiinupro.com/news/solongtoshiba
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

XBone, Dualshock 4, WiiU Pro
It just feels like a gamble getting a functioning and not ugly third party controller

Speaking of which, why are most third party fightsticks better than most controllers?

Because fighting game players are autists, and they demand the best.

Except for Street Fighter 5.

I dunno, user.

There's your problem. Get a Hori Fighting Commander, it's basically a Saturn pad and works on the new weeb machines and PC. DS3's work but you need shitty drivers. DS4's usually fit people's hands better and have easier driver support. Xbone controllers are generally supported out of the box or have a simple install from Microsoft. WiiUPro controllers requires unsigned drivers so I can't use them in my install because it won't let me install unsigned drivers…

You can also get a USB adapter for the OG Xbox controllers and use those. 360 controllers are still the most widely support controller on PC despite it's shit d-pad.

Any options for my PS2? I figured I could just buy a controller extension cord for my Dualshocks, but I prefer a self contained solution.

There's adapters out there, but the drivers are fucky and prone to incompatibility.

I used this thing on an HD CRT and there sure as fuck wasn't 2 seconds of input lag, if there was any lag at all it was not noticeable to me.

Maybe you should get a CRT before you blame controllers for your lag.

That's actually a well known problem with logitech pads. Maybe you should read up on such issues before you shill your shitty CRTs in a controller thread :^)

All other controllers work flawlessly. It's just this thing man.

Looking into it, should I get the Commander 4, or 5? The reviews are mixed on either side so I'm not sure. It'd help me step up my Virtua Fighter game too, so may as well invest.

Just buy a sealed first party controller. It'll last a really long time. Still using the original that came with my brother's PS2 when he bought it like 15 or so years ago.

Personally recommend the 5, it doesn't have anything with the rotating dpad and the dpad itself is a little bit bigger than the 4's. It's also symmetrical grips which is nice to me.

Logitech's wireless shit is pretty bad from my experience. It's at least real spotty when it comes to quality. Shame it's about all they fucking make anymore.

Shocker.

I use a Ps3 controller through usb, make sure you have the right cord though. You just install some driver and thats it. No background program needed. I used some youtube video to set it up. Hell the rumble even works!

I've got 2, pulled them out about a year ago, neither will sync. Worked great a decade ago.

I don't think it needs unsigned drivers anymore user
wiinupro.com/news/solongtoshiba

Always makes me wonder how hard it would be to swap the old corroded cables for new ones. Maybe as a hobby project.

I use the original PS1/2 Hori Fighting Stick and the PS1 Fighting Commander with turbo and auto on every button. I own adapters for everything.

Never used anything else, but as far as I know, it's high quality stuff, even though it's old.

No intention to replace anything. Maybe handling something better would change my mind, but it's not like I interact with other human beings, so it's not going to happen.

You are such a faggot right now. I keep a CRT around but your faggotry makes me want to tape myself shooting it, just to fucking trigger you.

I actually really like looking at old hardware like this.

Since we are talking about faulty gamepads, my brother happens to have a knack for turning everything he touches to shit. I picked up the PS3 controller he had discarded behind a drawer and tried it on my PC, everything works except the left joystick whose X axis barely responds (Y axis is fine). Is this easily fixable? Is it worth it to get it fixed over a new controller?

Then why wasn't it an issue with the one I used? I played Space Channel 5 part 2 with it so there's no way I wouldn't have noticed lag in such a timing-critical game.

Maybe you're just a stupid faggot?

wew lad

I bought a wired 360 controller that fits my needs for the few games I use a controller on.

Yeah, that requires pretty high precision.

Wii U pro

I can support this, Wii U controllers are pretty sweet.

works fine on my machine. try reinstalling windows

fuck off shill

Thrustmaster run n drive, compatible with PC/PS2/PS3. Back then thrustmaster pretty much dominated the market because instead of buying multiple shitty controllers and spending a fortune you could just buy a single really good one.
Anyway the original run'n'drive hasn't been manufactured in a long time and the controllers in it's shape by thrustmaster are all wireless and not compatible with older platforms, but if you get one you're golden. Mechanical keys save for start/select/mode/mapping/preset, 2 extra buttons, a built in wheel, hardware rebinding,multiple modes that make some of the extra inputs bind to the regular ones.
If the d-pad wasn't just the 360 d-pad but with mechanical buttons and the ergonomics weren't bad for people with big hands (grips are too thin), it would've been easily the best controller of all time.

This thing looks rad, but i'm having trouble tracking it down. Anywhere you know of that might still have some, even second hand?

Amazon has some used ones, at least in once-great britain. I don't think stores have the thing new since they tend to just make stuff dirt cheap after some years.

If you have a DS3, get a bluetooth dongle. For some reason it works if you do it that way but won't for a wired connection(You can make it function through USB if you get drivers for it from the internet since people have made them)