Can we talk about GameCenter CX?

What's happening with SA-GCCX? why haven't they released a new sub since june? What's your favorite episode? favorite AD? what games should Arino play?

Other urls found in this thread:

r18.com/videos/vod/movies/detail/-/id=parat01254/
gamingcx.com/p/gccx-videos.html
sa-gccx.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

go away

I don't think you understand very well the meaning of "e-"

are you fucking retarded?

Its dead. Game center dx is the future

I fail at seeing the appeal of this show.

so what does the "e-" stand for? electricity? electronic? shouldn't it be "i-celeb", "i-" as in internet celebrity?

I like the ActRaiser episode simply because Arino forgets that he's doing a challenge and ends up getting too into the sim part of the game.

I think I like Nakayama the most just because of his status as the buttmonkey, guy can't catch a break.

maybe its not for you but i really do enjoy the show.

I was wondering the same thing the other day. It had a good run I guess.

It stands for ejaculating celebrity

What does arino's cum taste like?

It's for nintentoddlers and it was advertising through nostalgia glasses.
Basically it was a shill show for iwata but now that he'd dead it's directionless because there are no order from on high anymore. It's finally dead.

I'M OK WITH THIS

I like watching it because i missed the 80-95s retro-gaem era for most parts despite having a NES and because of it's "tv-format" it's a lot more packed and enjoyable to watch than some ;Let's play bullshit.

+Arino's a cool guy, also like how the show actually aknowledges that there are people like the cameraman, director and such around too instead of just host hosting it alone.

r18.com/videos/vod/movies/detail/-/id=parat01254/
What the hell is this vid actually like?

It doesn't shoot well but has a puzzling taste to it.

>people still refuse to sub the episodes that were picked up by Kotaku last I checked, it's been a while

I'd mainly watch it because the side bits where he wandered around were more enjoyable than the game bits at times.

I'm serious, where did all these sonygger retards come from? These kinds of """"people"""" were never here 6 months ago. People like
Your fucking shit console will never be good. Go back to cuckchan.

It's consolewar shit, and by screaming about how they're doing wrongthink by "supporting Sony" simply because they're shitting on Nintendo, you're joining in the consolewar shit.

They said on their twitter they are just busy with "life" and shit back in november. Bunch of normalfags.

Probably will crap out a single sub sometime in spring if we are lucky.

I WANT SUPER GODZILLA
I WANT WOODY POKO
I WANT AIGHINA'S PROPHECY
I WANT CASTLEVANIA (his most recent DvD episode)

fuck me

Why can't other group take over? two competing groups isn't a problem for anime, even the most obscure ones

It's very obviously coming from that camp. All these fucking PS4 and Vita apologist threads and posters all over the fucking place. We never had people advocating for these shit consoles before. Posts like that coincided with threads and posters like I just mentioned popping up. It's not hard to link it together.

I remember people talking about them for a while, I think you're just upset they're enjoying the movies they're buying.

I think GCCX is too niche for anyone to bother picking it up.

Because shows with quality are ignored for subs, meanwhile "NEAR NAKED GIANT BOBBED TEENY BOP HERO ADVENTURE #0239034" gets subs within 2 hours of their release

Arino bleeds charisma, that's why he's so fun to watch

He's like a japanese Dick Clarke

Why are you assuming that they are Sony fans because they don't like Nintendo?

I was thinking it's because he's having fun.

Are they that fucking busy with "life" that they can't at least make a post saying they're still alive?

What were the site that had the fan translates again? I lost it.

gamingcx.com/p/gccx-videos.html
This one?

Oh yeah, I guess so. Some of them 404 sadly.

Do they? It's been a while since I've seen them.

Yeah, at least in the first season. I think those may have been like that a while though.

That's because some groups just steal subs from crunchyroll, which simulcasts the anime. Most groups that do their own fansubs wait for BDs or their translations come out days after it shows.

underrated post

sa-gccx.com/
Here's another one, but they're goons, so things may be more localized than translated. I'd like to think that people who like GCCX would remain true to the actual show though, regardless of where they come from.

I'm having issues trying to get this fightstick to work on my pc. It works with my two laptops just fine and for some reason it won't work on my desktop.

ok?

bump for the Kacho

There are these things called subtitle files. They store the text and the timestamps at which it must appear on a video separately from the video file itself. If a better source is found, is just an issue of applying the existing subtitle file to the new video.
It's the most pathetic excuse considering it comes from a subtitler group, you know the people that most closely works with these kinds of things. Nobody is going to bat an eye if you say something like "Real life stuff held me up" (code for "I'm a lazy fuck").

I didn't support Sony, this isn't ____ vs nintendo, this is about Iwata making a show specifically to shill nintendo nostalgia. How does it feel being a nigger that constantly has to create enemies in his head?

Iwata didn't make the show. If he did, do you think they would have allowed so many non-Nintendo games on it?

then why is there a steel battalion episode in the very first season?

Please post more Arino instead.

Damn he's lucky

seriously, I'd want to watch a show hosted by Arino no matter what it was about. I've been going back and rewatching old episodes but it's not the same when you know the highs and lows he's going to go through. Still good.

Did the Kirby Super Star episode with his Yoiko partner get translated?

Nope.

Damn. That was one of my favorite games.

At this point I'm just going to watch them raw, even if I only understand 20% of what I hear.

SA-GCCX has done nearly all the episodes.

Arino is my waifu

(checked)

Goon show

I got it working .
bump for kancho

our guy

Isn't this the same guy?

Isn't this subbed by goons?

Yep.
The translator is a goon called nina matsumoto, she draws the official Simpsons comics.

She even drew the 40th happy birthday poster they used in the show.

cameraguy abe is ex yakuza

Neat

So, good or bad goon then?
I'd fuck her, fuck me right?

Sauce?

Cameraman Abe is an amazing guy.

no such thing

Don't think I forgot about half-chan in the years before the GamerGate exodus, you niggers spammed with the board with multiple threads on the same topic every time Miyamoto so much as farted & sending them daily thank you posters. Also

I like the show, but it's the type of thing where if the game isn't interesting, the episode as a whole isn't interesting. I like Arino and the rest of the "characters", but they just can't save a boring game. I wish they would play less 80's sidescrollers with a handful of stages, and more exploration-heavy games. Games where there's a lot of stuff to discover, instead of replaying the same difficult, linear segments over and over again.

I remember that pathetic display

There was a birthday poster for Gabe once as well, and there was even a group of people from the board that met up to deliver it.

You're funny

Nothing is stopping Sega or Sony from collaborating with GCCX. Japanese Nintendo just knows where to find good taste.

Plus Sony pretty much killed off gaming with their cinemabox consoles and didn't have a role during the retro heyday

What are the best episodes? Randomly picking them have giving me mixed results.

Thanks for reminding me that I have to watch nore of this. It gets pretty comfy at times and is great.

*given me

I was thinking about subbing some of the newer episodes. Which episodes would you guys like to see translated?

If you're not rusing me, Dynamite Headdy or Clock Tower 2 would be nice.

I enjoy watching Arino play obscure, old ching chong games that reach back to the 80's, and very do so love the scenes when he goes to local game centers/snack shops, and poking fun at kids. I display my opinion publicly on this here image board with stern approval. I also recommend it for when you are comfy and bored, or down. Arino can make you a happy man again.
t. me

Holy fuck. You should be medicated.

Not rusing, but it'll take me some time. I guess I can get started on Clock Tower 2, already have it downloaded. I'll make a thread when it's done.

Where can we find the subbed one you create though? gamingcx?
Just find an episode that has an action packed game, or interesting, and unknown to us in the West.
Just checked gamingcx and they haven't done any subbing since the ol' campaign started heating up in the summer of '16 :^)
Or maybe they haven't had a season since, who knows.

I look forward to it.

Godspeed user, I appreciate it

Post it also on the gamecenter CX thread over at >>>/vr/ in case someone misses the thread or something, not pressuring you just as a precaution, godspeed user.

Damn I'm horny

what the fuck i think it is

he looks so different

did something bad happen? is he now a member of the JUST league?

He's just getting old.

Thanks for cluing me into these videos, time to get my arino fix for the next few hours.

Hold up, are they trying to replace Arino?

That depends, Arino is good at puzzle and rpg games, so if you want to see him get through something without trouble you can watch those. I prefer the episodes on the games he sucks at

Arino is dying of cancer.

Holy shit user thank you so much, I'm going to neet in front of this so hard

Why are retards like you even allowed to exist, are you bait ? You do realize GCCX was like ten years old when Iwata started doing promotional stuff with it ?

If you're for real, you're a hero, user
There definitely SHOULD be a group of anons getting together as a translating team

e-celebs are faggots who base their entire career around being popular, which implies more often than not vidya, Arino has his own show as an entertainer

That's just a side series with Arino's partner as the host, basically he plays new games instead of old ones (and they're only nintendo games, since, at least afaik, these are only uploaded on the nintendo youtube channel)

I ask myself that everyday Val, but no answer ever comes.
Go back to your pedo threads.

it's the same naming convention as "email" which stands for "electronic mail". Since then, a prefixed "e" is taken to mean "involving the internet"

Go back to $20chan, won't you?

I want to get into the show, what episodes should I watch first?

I recall Prince of Persia, Adventure Island, any Ghouls 'n Ghosts, Punch Out, Battletoads and Actraiser being good. Or watch Tokimeki Memorial if you want to see a middle aged man play a dating sim.

There are so many you can't really go wrong, but the very first ones tend to be still kinda looking for their style and humor. My advice would be : watch oneparters, then once you've gotten acquainted well enough with the show and the team, watch a two parter. SMB3 is frankly one of the most intense and powerful experiences I've had with the show, legitimately cried and shit at the end, no joke. To be fair, the mario series is a bit of a running gag with arino.

Fucked that one up I did…

Battletoads

Have some fresh screencaps.
Most fans would of seen these already, but I'm sure some of them must be new.

Please leave

Most of GCCX's appeal for me is both that Arino is a total autist and that he's generally genuinely having fun with the vibeo gaens he's playing. Guy loves his job and loves the craft despite being horrible at it, and he's willing to try and play through to completion any new thing tossed his way. I remember he loves RPGs in general.

Of course he loves his job, the guy is getting paid big bucks for doing literally nothing other than goofing around while playing videogames.

I miss GCCX.

Prove it. Clearly studio costs are non-existent, and it looks more like companies barely keep them afloat as plugs for their old games.

Remember, he stays awake for 24 hours at a time doing this, which isn't hard for us, but is for a family man with a daughter, who has to sit under studio lights and get ridiculed by the ADs for bants.

I want this job more than I want to be the guy behind the camera on FacialAbuse.

The man has more gigs than just GCCX as well. Still a sweet life.

Oh come on, really? I don't think that i have to prove it, such a hard life he has…

You don't have to be an expert in TV production to see GGCX is produced on the cheap. While I'm sure Arino enjoys what he's doing, considering he's been at it for over a decade, I guarantee he isn't rich. He probably has an upper middle-class living when combined with his other gigs.

Take it from someone who has been on a set: he's not really up for 24 hours at a time. A shoot can last from 10 to 18 hours, depending on the budget and crew, and most of that is spent setting up equipment and camera readjustment, at which point Arino has to stop playing games. And seeing as how Arinos the main talent, being up for over a day will wear you out, vidya or not. He has to look marginally presentable and that requires even a little sleep.

Yeah, i bet he doesn't get any money at all from all those Nintendo endorsements, licensed videogames and such, none at all. Arino is but a poor humble working guy.

Wew lad, fucking hell! I didn't know you'd been on a set! A real life set? Like in the movie pictures?!

I'm sure with your vast wealth of experience and knowledge there is much more facts you can tell us about the production of a wierd little japanese indy show. Since all sets are exactly the same. And you've been on one.

Idiot.

Those endorsements aren't making him super rich. A nice bonus sure, but Arino is not living like some hollywood A-lister.

Wew lad, your butthurt isn't an argument. Even no budget shoots take hours to set up. But please, tell us how the show is run with your intimate knowledge of GGCX and your production experience.

Faggot.

What isn't butthurt:

What is butthurt:

No budget shoots do not take hours to set up.

GCCX is at most 2 cameras and a light. Pointed at a dude sat behind a desk. I think it's just one camera actually. The lighting is shit, which is why he's getting glare in his eyes all the time.

It takes about 10 minutes to set up a camera on a tripod and white balance that shit.

I was mocking you because being on one set doesn't in any way give you any experience on the wild and myriad breadth of film production. It's even funnier because you literally thing being on A SET ONCE makes you an expert on the GCCX production while sarcastically suggesting that's what I'm saying. I haven't been on the GCCX set. I just have enough experience to know from the show itself how they shoot. Because I've been on sets that shoot like that before.

Fucking hell kid they don't even shoot on a set. They shoot in an office.

Main translator decided to write a book or some shit so they aren't working on translations anymore

Any good torrents?

there needs to be an updated compilation version, the site hosting the episodes is shit now because they use a malware ridden video player