How shitty is mad father?

Other urls found in this thread:

mad-father.en.uptodown.com/windows
steamcommunity.com/games/483980/announcements/detail/990053830259306529
vgperson.com/games/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just like people who play it.

Looks like a shitty RPG Maker game

Has there ever been an RPG Maker game that tried to not look like an RPG Maker game?

It's not the best RPG Horror game, but it's still alright. The story up until the slasher ending was at least a 7/10.

Considering hes mad he must be a pretty shitty father and overall person.

Shitty how? It's pretty good.

memetale

Middens and Miserere are more art than pixelated

Never played it but a lot of the LISA screenshots don't give off the RPG Maker vibe.

LISA doesn't look like RPGMaker, OFF doesn't look like RPG maker, Space Funeral for the most part doesn't, but I think it had one area that did have standard assets as a joke. Oh, and Yume Nikki and it's fangames.

It's not RPGmaker at all though.

Looks interesting enough. Not as much as Ib, but ok.

Looks a lot like any other RPG maker game.

I'm sorry user but I don't see a whole lot of similarities. Pretty sure there's not a single tile from the original tilesets in Yume Nikki.

So if you put in the effort for lineart instead of faux pixels, and put in more than 2 frames of animation for walking, then you can avoid looking like RPG Maker?

While still having all the flaws of building in RPG Maker)
How is Godot?

Not sharing assets doesn't mean you can't tell they're from RPG maker. Admittedly it's marginally better than your common RPG maker game, but anyone who see it or play it can tell it's RPG maker for how extremely simple and limited it is.

Looks can be decieving. Yume Nikki is probably one of, if not the greatest game ever made.

Don't take me wrong, I've played Yume Nikki and I like it. It's just that you can tell it's an RPG maker game, no matter how good it is.

These fucking soundtracks goddamn

Godot will be great, once it gets Vulkan support…

Godot is proof that no matter how fucking great of an engine you make completely for free, retards will still use inferior proprietary trash like RPG Maker and Game Maker

Mad Father isn't shitty at all.

The Witch's House has it beat on twist endings, and Ib has it beat on character interaction, and Paranormal Syndrome has it beat on just about every other category, but I've played a lot of RPG Maker horror games and Mad Father is definitely one of the better ones. It's just not one of the stellar ones.

Well, as stellar as an RPG Maker horror game can be, anyway.

So what? Does being made in the RPGMaker instantly make a game shit?

Yume Nikki does great for what it is supposed to do. I will happily say that it will never be everyone's cup of tea, but the engine normally should be the least of your worries.

It's decent, but I still would recommend getting the free version instead of the commercial one on Steam. It's okay, but doesn't meet the notch that would raise it above the dozens of other horror games freely available of RPGMaker websites.

I liked Mad Father.

ITT: shitpost about games you've never played
:^)

Hylics

INTO THE TRASH

back to funchan

I can't tell what the fuck is going on in any of these screenshots.

Looks like SJW shit made to demonize fathers.
I'm so goddamn sick of this garbage being shoved into games

nigger you can't be serious

What else could be the message here? This is just another propaganda piece to throw on the "men are evil women are best" narrative

The game's true ending has the girl taking over her father's work in murdering people to create human dolls.

It's not anti-male.

there's basically no difference between you and the 300 pound polychrome transgender bulb-being who sees represion everywhere

there is no need to be upset

Except that's still just saying how look evil fathers are. This girl lived with her father and now she's murdering people. Fuck this bullshit.

>>>Holla Forums

Why are you replying to an obvious false flag shitposter derailing the thread?

This one?

That's Ib, yeah. Great example of the genre if you don't mind RPG Maker horror games.

Great, I will just pass the info to my brother, he was bitching about the mad father game, so I will just make him a list of shit to play
Is there any difference with the free version of mad father and steam?
mad-father.en.uptodown.com/windows

steamcommunity.com/games/483980/announcements/detail/990053830259306529

BOOPERDOOPER wasn't that bad before he got really big and dyed his hair like a faggot.

Thanks, user.
Here is another link to get the game with even more donwload links for other games
vgperson.com/games/

The last one is literally a traditional JRPG battle screen with different textures.

Mad Father was a solid game overall, but that fucking beginning nearly made me stop playing.

And they all had the same music.

A lot of neat moments overall. Not as good as witch or blank dream, but I'm Glad I played it.

Yume Nikki is great, but I think what he meant is the production value seems low since it's an RPG Maker game and/or it seems similar to other games made in the that engine. I can't speak for him, but I imagine that's what he means.

I don't remember thinking "this game has kind of simple/low production value" or "this game seems similar to other RPG maker games in terms of UI, etc." when I played Yume Nikki, personally, but I think I can see why someone would.

And why should a horror game have a "message" ?

Its gamemaker

Played it, it's absolutely boring with an ok art style.
I suppose it had alot of potential, but the game only becomes half-way interesting if complete it.
Really doesn't live up to titles like Ib.

Nigger, I never said that. I just said that it's a fact that you can tell it's made in RPG maker. The engine doesn't bother me and I don't get the hate of anons towards it, but Yume Nikki is something that anyone who is familiar with RPG can tell it's made in RPG maker.

She also lived with her mother that participated in the experiments and shit. I know you're baiting, but there's people who actually think like you do. That people is as bad as SJW, and as paranoid as 90s parents.

Point made

>Not playing the superior Horror game which actually has a legit Happy End
Even Witch House is better and that one relies heavily on pseudo-jump scares early on to establish its atmosphere.