Abandoned MMOs I can play offline

What are some MMOs nobody plays anymore that I can play without an internet connection or subscription?

I love splorin ancient ruins, and I've already tried Worlds, Active Worlds and Digital Space Traveler, but those were more 3D chatrooms than anything.

Other urls found in this thread:

raknaragnarok.wixsite.com/raknaro
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You don't really understand how MMO server architecture works, do you?

I am not sure you get how this MMO business works do you?

Sure, I just need both the client and server files.

I wanna play the games, but I don't want to have other players break my immersion.

What part of massively multiplayer online role-playing game you don't understand?

If you want an offline MMO just play Amalur or DA:I.

The City of Heroes offline version is just the world itself and the hero creator and thus another 3d chatroom, but it's fun to roam around.

Star Citizen

I understand all of it, but I wish to play them as single player RPGs, not multiplayer chatboxes with xXx_Faglord_6969_lolololol_xXx screaming at me to join his shitty guild so he can minmax his way to the end even quicker.

NWN persistent world servers are sorta like abandoned MMOs

Okee

Well, I always was curious about how that game was, thanks m8

I know for a fact World of Warcraft can be played entirely offline.

Just host the server and 127.0.0.1 the connection.

MMOs are all garbage to begin with, why would you make them even worse by intentionally playing them the wrong way?

Fucking amazing, thanks familia

Sadly, the DL link has been removed :/

I think removing the online aspect would significantly improve them and make them good RPGs

Rift would be fucking Amazing as a Single Player RPG, especially if finding all the hidden artifacts unlocked special stuff.

Thanks for affirming you're a faggot

Oh definitely, RIFT and The Secret World are the two games I really wanna play offline.

I'm not a faggot, I just suck dicks is all.

I understand the appeal OP, I've always wanted to install FFXI, Godmode and just explore the world.

FFXII and Xenoblade.

The Secret World
I played 99.9998% of it by myself even when I was online so I'm sure you can play it on your own. The only part I needed help with was a quest that was totally optional but you needed a party to do some farming in an area where enemies are a much higher level.

Want to know how I know that you're a morbidly obese NEET?

I want to play that so badly but the subscription was out of my budget. Plus my data is limited af, so maintaining an online connection is out of the question.

Phantasy Star Online 1.

You're forgetting the .hack series
and the Sword Art Online games

It's completely free. I don't think you have to play it online.
Where the fuck do you live?

Murica

JUST PLAY A SINGLE PLAYER RPG

How strict is your "no online" rule? I know that Guild Wars 1 is perfectly playable solo with NPC companions. It isn't completely dead, but you'll only find players in towns/hubs. You'll have to buy it, but there is no monthly subscription and only needs an online connection.

This.

A lot of NWN servers where basically small MMOs. However, they died off and released their world. Unfortunately the nwnvault died, so a lot of them might have disappeared. However, I wouldn't doubt theres still 100s of abandoned MMO maps on the new vault.

The worlds are too small >:(

As in I can play it without requiring an internet connection

I thought NWN was a single player game

You mean an RPG?

I mean an MMO that was formerly online only and had been modded to be playable offline for the purposes of creating a single player RPG.

Phantasy Star Online.

Look for the Tethealla server files. Although not an MMO per se, but the core of the game was the story quests. If you can get a friend or two to join you, all the better.

I think you can somehow set up a private runescape server and play there alone. But I don't know if this counts as RS is not dead.

stop being a baka

depressing

To me, that's heaven, though. I desperately need that I Am Legend life.

Ragnarok Offline
raknaragnarok.wixsite.com/raknaro

OMG Thank you fam

If anyone has trouble understanding OP, here's a simple way to put it.

Remenber Haven&Hearth? That comfy game about building a small nordic town in the woods and living off the land?
Remenber how you kept being raided by the russians and goons gave clients with keyloggers, and all the key autism and scents and all that shit that never were really fun and only detracted from the comfyness?

Imagine playing that game with nothing of that shit…

gw1

I just looked into it, since I've been wanting another MMO. It's b2p with optional sub and cash shop, but it's going for all of $3 on G2A.

There's a free 10 day trial, so I'm giving that a shot.

H&H's co-op was what made the game, though. If you want the same sort of comfiness in singleplayer but without the irritations and restraints of multiplayer, play UnReal World.

Just give us the fucking files for Asheron's Call, Turbine. We'll do the rest.

I fucking loved that game ksonmuch that I sank thousands of hours into. One of the very few MMO's where I truly had fun being in a guild and just exploring the world. But it is getting a sad, slow and painfull death thanks to mouth breathers at Trion and it's been bleeding player for the past year and a half.

Would like to play that is there any working software for server emulation?

i know what you are looking for, i want it too.
Some MMO worlds are massiv and fun to explore but t5he shitty p2p system and the shitty community fucking around the place is the most cancoures thing video games ever had.

Of course, one could say, go and play an offline rpg, grandia, ff12 or what ever but this is not the thing i'm looking for. There is a difference between a massiv world of WoW or tera and a classic rpg/jrpg. First, it is new and actually untouched, many things to explore, travel and what not. Second, it is on a comfy level above everything. Some anons may not understand this, the comfyness in a massiv world when being alone, listen to the epic soundtrack and lurking around massiv towns and buildings is mind blowing. No faggot who fucks thign ups or over the top fights with 100 idiots spamming the whole screen with shit.

The worlds build for a mmo is different from any normal offline rpg.

Well fucking said.
MMO worlds are more massive than any RPG could hope to achieve. and they're usually better crafted.

I wish when an MMO was going to be shut down, they'd release every file under a GNU license.

m8.

The whole point to play NWN was online and for mods. It was suppose to be D&D on the computer. The campaign was kinda just there to showcase what you could do. The online community is still alive to. Actually there are 100s of dead MMO worlds that still have servers going

www.nwnlist.com/#

FFXIV will be a good one, once it's dead.

So, user, I get you probably hate people. But some MMOs are imposible to beat alone unless you revisit low level stuff at high level or you cheat somehow, which defeats the point of the game, end game stuff is impossible to beat alone.
Considering that, why don't you just host the game for people here on Holla Forums? It hopefully won't go viral and the amount of people on Holla Forums is limited, specially if it's about abandoned MMOs. I'd love to go on an autistic adventure *with possible sexual results** with you.

Also, if it's possible to play offline, Eden Eternal is cute and cool to explore, same with Tales of Pirates, since is more or less big, although you can probably explore the continents in a day there a whole sea to explore.

The Worlds are gone forever, sadly. Developers who build it and put many hours into it worked for nothing. The artwork is lost and nobody ever archived it. i jsut googled dead MMO's, tons of work vanished just because of money. Nobody saved it or something like that. I have no problem if a world is so big that it would take 50 gig's. It's a one time journey worth the time and space. It doesn't even matter to beat the game at this point.

Could always just play on a low population server, most MMOs these days always come with a free month.
There's probably plenty of dead realms in WoW these days.

asking it the other way around:

What offline MMORPG-type game are there?
I guess something like sacred 2 would count? Doesn't have to be a top down view.

It would probably require some setup but you could do almost certainly get Ragnarok Online working.

Already discussed.
.Hack series & a few others

You could but Ragnarok Online has an extremely dated interface, and shit controls.