Dominions 4 General: Hinnom has cheated edition

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a history teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

If you have a hard on for history, and mythology and want to pretend to be a god leading your followers into apocalyptic wars this is the game for you!

Join the steamgroup for multiplayer

steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm (embed) (embed)

jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.

larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

For testing battle formations and spells

dom4archive.kermodebear.org/www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/debug-mod.html

It is available on Gamersgate and Steam.

CURRENT GAMES

DISCIPLES GAME

MA 8WIZARDS GENESIS

Team T.H.I.C.C vs The Aqua Reich

Ashdod, Pythium, Tein Chi, Xilbalba VS. Rlyeh, Shinu, Ys, and Eriu

Shinu is dead, Y's continues to fight alone, and Eriu is almost dead.

EAItshouldbefine

Great Greek Ghosts, declare war on the world, 1/3 of map is at 0 pop, things look grim for anything not undead as the Telkhines plot their escape from Tartarus

8EABadDisciplesAndWorseGods

Team Merchant:Hinnom, Berytos VS
Team Welfare:Lanka, Machaka VS
Team Rome Knockoff: Ermor
Team Tentacle Love: Agartha, Rlyeh

Hinnom caught cheating because he was a dummy and made a pretender without making it for a disciple game.

MA8Ragnarok

Almost the end of year 1. Ulm and Jotunheim have already claimed a throne each.

Currently Recruiting

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=L8NightScrubFight

LA game with ME 1.3, with the same guy playing the jews in every game, man what is with this guy?

Rlyeh don't forget to check your messages before looking at the restarted game.

Other urls found in this thread:

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=L8NightScrubFight
forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=35160
steamcommunity.com/app/403950/discussions/0/485622866452822668/
yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/
discord.gg/dSXhT
discord.gg/QrtP2mr
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This is a good OP

This isn't a good OP

Wew lad

just play around with it instead of complaining maybe, you'll find that to be a lot more fun than being a whiny bitch in the long run :^)

Game start, hopefully this actually works.

Why did you turn on scores, man.

Because llama-server has them on be default, and I forgot, I'm just a fucking colossal failure of life.

user after the 4 fuck ups I have made do you want to restart again?

No I dont. we'll keep going as is.

but next time I'm making the disciple game; or just the game in general

Yeah if someone wants to take responsibility I would welcome it.

NEW BAD DISCIPLES GAME

Immediately as it happened everyone got their turns in, except for the damn niggers again

you know what has to be done

More like team nigger time

OP forgot about the L8successor game. :^)

Can you elaborate on the differences between the ages and why some Ages are negeatively received in the community?
Especially Late Age, which I often hear more than any other age is a shit age. While MA also sometimes gets shit on.

EA seems to be loved by everyone. The most negative thing I have heard about it, is that it's boring, if you constantly only play it.

Who would want too.
2v4 with Gath kicking everyone's asses despite a 3 sided battle.

SMH TBH FAM

Mainly tech level. Early age tends to have more magic and the fantasy elements are ramped up; the giants are bigger, wizards more powerful, magic site more prevelant. Late Age tends to be the opposite; less tribals, more heavy armor and crossbows, lower frequency of magic.

Plebs don't like late age because they get their shit pushed in by crossbows and knights, before they even meet an opposing player.

When I started playing MA was the favorite age, but that was before several nations being added.

Mainly people complain of an age because they dislike playing against certain nations.
I enjoy every age, as they all add variety.

But to answer your question.

Strong mages, usually weaker priests not a lot of level 3s, more abundant magic site meaning more gem economy, more magical units like ice giants and demons, easier expansion as less crossbows and knights.

Mix of Late and Early.
Mage strengths varies between strong and weaker depending on nation.
Also higher or low armored units depending on nation, where you have MA Ulm but at the same time MA Mictlan.
Blood nations start popping up more often, lots of nations with dominion effects like MA ermor death, MA asphodel death, MA Ctis Miasma.

Almost everyone is using blood or astral meaning communion heavy.
Games where you will see the most demons summons.
Heavy armored and lots and lots of crossbows, more human units.
Weaker mages making communions more important, usually less national spells as well.
Higher priests though, several nations have level 3 priests where previously they had none.
Much lower gem economy leading to spells being more precious and thrones more important.

Thanks for repeating the description of the different ages. That's what I wanted to hear from dominions 4 veterans, instead of their own opinions.

Thanks, that's what I wanted to hear.

What is your opinion though? I want to hear biased opinions. Raw and unedited.

oh and please find me some good dominions related funny filename for pic related

Isn't MA the one with the least blood nations?

opinions are like arseholes. I gave you the facts. form your own opinions, don't ask to sniff mine.

I like armies, magic is for gays.
So LA or MA for me, EA is heavily magic reliant other then a few nations which use summons or thugs.

I couldn't really say any age is better then the other as it depends heavily on someones favorite nation.
Probably more LA mainly because of Gath which I seem to have a good thing going with as I'm able to produce troops like WW1 Germany.
MA is fun though because of the novelty nations like Ermor, Ctis, Asphodel.
To put it in a better way its like if Early Age nations went to war with Late Age nations as you see heavily magic based nations go against heavily armored and numbered nations.

TEAM WELFARE HAS SENT IN THEIR TURN NEW BAD DISCIPLES GAME

Okay, then isntead of an opinion, give me your experience please.

:DD

What would you recommend if someone really likes inhuman armies?

In my experience, different ages require different tactics, and recently I've come more to appreciate communions because I like to use the Titan class pretenders which you can give large magical paths.

The reason for this is because I'm sick of running large blesses or Super combatant monsters, and instead want to roll around with a big old god that can blast the crap out of guys, or cast the best buffs and since LA is full of human nations they really shine there especially.

If you want to do inhuman armies and want a challenge play Bandarlog, they're actually a very versatile nation with a good roster of Sacred units, or you can play a free spawn which I'd recommend starting with Asphodel because it still requires you make your own armies.

If you're really into high magic and lots of chaff though, EA Pangea is also a good choice.

La Pangea for dryads in plate armor and fully armored centaurs.

Ea Lanka for abundant summons.

Abysia any age lava people in heavy armor who produce heat and summon demons, and in EA don't need population to produce income or supplies.

Rl'yeh any age.

C'tis for lizard people, one of the ages features dead lizard people.

Xilbalba for bat people/toad people.

Lanka seems really really cool. I like it thematically, because it not only has access to blood, but also is able to reanimate undead.

I looked this up and I don't understand it. I specifically looked up how death scales affect Abysia and I am not sure what to think.

Can you tell me the mechanics? Despite of how death does or doesn't affect Abysia you still want at least 1 growth for blood hunting, yes?

you want full growth because all of your mages are old and have fire magic which means they'll expire of old age that much faster.

except for the warlocks of course because they can rejuvenate themselves, but yeah the more growth the better

So what's the deal with Abysia not being dependent on population for income or supplies in EA?

Oh btw, when looking at my filefolder and looking at this pic, I just realized something.
Dominions is really in need of a mechanical themed nation.
Releasing rust gas to kill its own population. Reanimating corpses by putting servitor masks on them. Using ressources or gems to build inhuman robots and insane mages that have a spell similar to twiceborn, but mechnically themed.

Something like that.

In my experience, avoid underwater nations until you get good. Pick a human nation and play that before you play around with a monstrous nation, you'll appreciate the differences in playstyle more. Arco, Man, Marignon.

Or just look at the description of the nations, pick one that you like and and focus on getting good with it, obsessively.

I like Lanka, because it reminds me of the Woody Lord of Thief the Dark Project and because it's only blood, but also death related.

Woodsy* sorry

armies need to eat. scales affect the amount of supplies in a territory. Abyssians don't count negative scales. not sure how population factors into their income.

that's why I like inhuman summonable armies so much and because they are thematically pretty cool

I don't know what that is. Unbreak the link and read this for a Lanka primer:

http: //z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=2593

this reads familiar, I think I already read this

thanks though, it's not like I can remember it all

Lanka is an extremely powerful nation, remember that as everyone will want to target you first.

In fact make it a priority to learn which nations are considered strongest, there is a meta to this in that the strongest ought to be dealt with first especially if you're bordering a nation considered weaker.

Agartha delves into that territory somewhat, mixing explosives and undead horses.

Lanka to me is strong because of the variety of strategies they can use.
They have access to almost anything, seduces, assassinations, bodyguards, thugs, crafting, summoning, great ranged units, powerful mages and priests.

Stealthy monkeys which I use to fuck over Fomoria.

DON'T STALL MARIGNON

NEW EATHINGSHOULDBEFINE AND NEW BADDISCIPLES

I asked you to come up with some funny filenames for those two lizard pictures!

c'tis trying to keep warm? or how heat 3 affects the local lizard population?

not hot enough

those two pictures are not at all furry though

One is literally a real life picture of a lizard licking the others head and the other is not a cartoony drawing, shows no sexual characteristics, just doens't have the usual style.
I think it's actually kinda innocently cute how the green lizard licks the other lizard. :3

Please no

First one would be

Second would probably just be named MACtis

Anyone has saved those funny diplomacy messages where Hinnom/asphod/Gath acts like a stereotypical jew?

Scripting hell ahead and I really don't want to play that the next turn today, I just have to send it though.

If it helps you move faster, you should know that Bogarus is going to spam lesser horrors again.

How do I hardcounter the Fomorian goats?

I can give you an extension if you want.

How do you mean hard counter?
If you mean their units smaller well protected units will mince them up and thunder fend helps with most of their offensive magic.

Nah it's fine, I m sticking to the 24 hours per turn.

Disease demons now too.

If he's using more Unmarked than he is Nemedians you're in luck because that guys new to Fomoria.

get something with two attacks and size 2, then they'll just get shredded to pieces since they're giants, and on the weaker side of gigantism at that.

Forgot to say this but
BAT GOD BTFO
CHYNA #1

He looks so miserable.

Why did no one feed him and give him a hug? Why was there no rich aristocratic gentleman with a love for literature who gave him a guest room in his mansion?

Why did humanity let him starve himself? ;_;

Man that was a laugh. I was sending him to assasinate for shit and giggles but I didnt expect to actually 1v1 your god

I thought I'd be seeing another siege battle, but it looks like Xibalba is keeping Tienchi.

It's really too bad because your army could had easily retaken the capital with the storms keeping the bats on the ground.

Such is life in Blitz.

Common references in fantasy, mainly due to Howard. Features heavily in a lot of sci-fi, fantasy and horror media.

My favorite book of his would be The Case of Charles Dexter Ward. Read some of the Dream Cycle novellas, but they're pretty shit. cool concept, mediocre writing, like much of his work. No one really quotes Lovecraft, because he was an autist, but the imagery and themes of his books are cool.

Incorporating some Dreamlands shit into a mod I'm making. Men of Leng, Moon Beasts, Nightgaunts. Funnily enough, most of the ideas I had already exist in sprite form, in the base game, more or less.

I said exactly the opposite. What do you think "normalfag shit" is?

WAITING ON YOU CAYCUM AND LANKA NIGGERS

you implied no one read his books, normalfag

They don't. Artists do, Film Makers, so then they make art and films that relate to it, and then fags claim they love Lovecraft when they haven't actually read a word. He's still not obscure, by any measure. Obscure implies people aren't aware of him, they're more than aware of him, but do you really think Average Joe has read Lovecraft's work past maybe starting one story?
No need to be salty.

My jimmies aren't alright on the mountain tonight.
I'm besieged in Hinnom.

I need a thousand slaves for backup, but it looks like - I am alone.

Goyim are howling with their racist magic might.

My jimmies aren't alright in Hinnom tonight.
I am rustled to the bones.
I need you all as shills for backup, I hope - I am not alone.

Ulm is howling with their racist stormfront pride.
Couldnt beat him alone.0, YHWHknows I tried.

Wont let Ulm win, wont set him free.
Ill make him the good goy, hes supposed to be
In his messages much doubt he sow,
The Goyim knoooooowwwwwwsss!!!

Shit him down, shut him down.
Ulm cant speak his mind anymore.
Shut it down, shut it down.
No Free Speech for the Goy!

I didn't have enough men to break the walls and everyone is working for free since I'm out of dosh

autocorrect added fag

that explains the bureaucracy later on.

that is substantially better than your first musical rendition

Sorry to hear you're getting wasted by Ulm, Ashdod.

So Two things regarding the La Successor games.

1st when Bogarus, Midgard and Pangea were besieging my capital only the largest of the three are actually damaging my walls, you don't stack.
So you were wasting turns just sitting there.

Second Pangea, what you've taken is a glitched throne, no actual throne for you to take, but don't feel bad I fell for it too earlier in the game.
Also thanks for opening up a path to your castle.

Also also

NEW TURNS NEW TURNS

Bogarus has not attacked Gath's capital yet. I give the orders for that next turn. Fair warning. Province (253), right? If there is one thing you shouldn't have done, you should not have let the wizards take an insurmountable research lead.

Want to know what's coming, or do you like surprises? I know, we can make a game of it! Hot or Cold? You say what you think it is and I'll tell you if you're close to guessing what's coming. I'll give you one clue, it's a multi-part answer.

Also quickhost is off right now for LA Successors, I accidentally sent in a turn for it before I completed it and can't finish until I get off work.

My bad meant that failed siege on Midgard.
My capital? Do I have some units that I can't recruit anywhere else?

Sounds like empty threats from someone who has failed to make a progress in attacking me.

In fact Midgard was swallowed despite 3vs1 and now Pangea is heading that direction as well.

Good luck friendo, I'll enjoy the extra income from all those castles you bought for me.

Come on now, it was more like a 2.5v1 at best. Implying I (Midgard) was a threat is laughable

Skinshifters are fucking bullshit early on, they are supposed to be killed outright by high enough damage spells but they aren't.

I was at your mercy until flaming arrows, then we all knew how that went.

Now that's an empty threat. Scurred to bring your big, bad, target through the mountain pass toward Ulm? You should be.

I moved the remnants of the army I used to storm Ulm out. I do have a conventional force on the way to Midgard again, but I'm starting to move beyond armies now. They keep the rabble busy, I suppose, but they're just so…mundane.

Yeah, I noticed how they tore through most stuff early on. I know so little of the game though I didn't know they'd become irrelevant and also don't know what else to build. I'm still trying to figure all that out. But that is the point of this game

No worries. I'm not in any rush

If you are as good at strategy as you think you are you would already know what I'm planning Like I know what your planning now.

It's like you're trying to sound like an anime character.

People who rely on magic often find themselves countered in surprising and embarrassing ways.

Well for being new you sure did give me a run for my money.
Anything that shapeshifts when injured is a good unit, it's why Mictlan's sacreds are so good and Lamias are a favorite summon.

what am I planning?

you mean, smug? yup.

Skinshifters are relevant. They do benefit from buff spells though.

Quality post.

Einheres are fucking awesome.

Well if I told you, you would change it.

Smug about what? Taking a year to take out a disciple with 2 provinces left?
Losing a 500+ army to bloodletting.
Having 2 of your disciples and yourself consistently lose ground to the combined powers of Jews and Spaniards?

My summary of the average Peshti Guard.

I was actually quite happy with that.

That was Ulm writing a sonnet from my perspective as I got Theredos involved after losing a couple battles to him.

You've spend the last 3 threads hyping up your 'progress' as Gath. I said nothing. I just continued to swallow up your disciples with my scrubby armies while the bulk of my mages stayed home and read books.

I spend a couple of posts kindly letting you know the reality of your position and you start to spill spaghetti. I sincerely hope you don't quit once you realize what I'm doing. I'm going to drag it out, just for you. Once I retake Midgard's territory, I'm going to give it all back to him and let him finish you off. With skinshifters too, you cocky prick.

When this game ends we should make a suppository and place all of the turns there.

I plan on doing that as well for the games I've won.

Why? Do you intend to stuck them in your ass?

Yes, I meant to type repository lol.

It's been a long day

What? I'm proud of Marignon and my ability to push back 4 other players.

When did this take place?
You took out Ulm and Abysia who were easy because of piss poor expansion, defeatist playing and bad positioning.
The minute you came up against competent players your progress halted and with Pangea, Patala, and Midgard actually reversed.

I'm cocky because I figured the game was over when Ulm was wiped and Abysia reduced to two provinces.
I'm still confident we will lose, however I am having the time of my life defeating Team Iron Pill despite all the odds stacked against me.

Its like we're Spartans.
I love you Marignon.

New and improved.

NEW BAD DISCIPLES TURN

Also for the niggers playing 8Wizards, Y's is counter attacking and is sandbagging Morvarch knights.
He has an eater of the dead.

Also elves is doing an amazing job of staying alive.

Huh. Was wondering about that. Well, we'll see! So far I'm having fun testing my armies against yours, so it was a good learning experience.

Good idea. It would be interesting to see how you scripted your armies and what research you went after. I can also offer the turns from my point of view if anyone's interested. for those games I'm in anyway.

It seems to happen in games with many thrones, I have had it happen in single as well when I play with a large map and lots of thrones.

Actually I just did it for the lulz. I am not taking part in your game. I never even played Dominions in multiplayer.

I just like watching LPs of it and consuming your memes.

PS: I wish there were more knowledgable players making youtube videos. I literally know every youtuber who plays this game in multiplayer.

Astarwulf is the only good one that actually regularly plays the game. All others are either not as good or upload way less videos.

Fucking Maerlande took 2 years to upload his mictlan series.

(so maybe some of you might be interested in uploading them to youtube?)

Thing is after looking at my own replays I realize how often I don't send mages to the front line. My Shinuyama vs Vanarus battles were really an eye opener in that regard, but in many cases I didn't need to send much mage support. I tend to research fast before I really get into the battle.

which is also why you guys should join this game llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=L8NightScrubFight
Im really enjoying LA Man where I previously snubbed it as being too weak, but like I stated earlier in this thread I really do enjoy communion based spell casting and having arbitrary limits really helps me focus on planning out armies and movements instead of just splurging with meteors as Patala (which is just one of my favourite nations period)

I'm going to play around with LA Man for a lot of games I think, until I get it right. it's definitely not one of the easier nations to grasp right away but I find it rewarding.

Also Lanka, please turn it to the new summod.76

How the fuck do i join. Do i have to send a message to the guy hosting it to take my team? or do it send it to somebody else. Also how do i send it to the person running it.

forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=35160
Everything you need to know about llamaserver is behind this link.

not any more

What game are you talking about? It can't be the late age disciples one. You turned graphs on, take a look at them and tell me again how my progress has halted.

Maybe you want to blame your team some more first, though. Let's hear it. It's the fault of someone else. The odds were against you. RNG fucked you over. Did I miss anything?

I can't promise you a master class, but I'll show you why I'm not bluffing. That might come in handy if I need to bluff in another game.

Yes please do look at the graph.
Notice where Pangea's province's go down while mine go up.
Take a look at castles, spoiler alert, the white line will be increasing while the green one will decrease.
Good luck.

Those of you in EAWillBeFine, is it me, or is this a repeat turn?

Do you mean its saying its on turn X+1/-1 when its actually X?

Werks for me

LETS GET THOSE TURNS IN

Caelum

Neifel are you killing off Caelum in year 2?

No it's just the start of a crazy little love.

Just a little bullying

Good I don't want him to being giving giants a bad name.
Lets all have fun go…gentlemen.

t. not a jew

Yeah we'll see how well you do in a second Caelum I'm looking forward to it.
I attacked you first, because you're the biggest threat to me in this game.

On a side note, are these new ME1.32 magic items fucking retardedly strong or is it just me? That one N1 1 handed axe with quickness and rage just fucking…yeah I'll have to test it out in a sec but this is retarded this is like instant Jarl thugs with just 1 weapon.

I "what"ed out loud when I saw that. guess we'll see how well it works in a second

Like look at that shit, 2 attacks? what the hell man

Yes. Not sure why. Could you resend my turn please. I'm the bats.

Only downside is the length 1, which really isn't a big deal unless you get endlessly repelled or something

Yeah it's a really stupid weapon, if it was cursed that would make it slightly better. But really this is so stupid I could just stop making regular troops and make an army of Herses wielding this axe; Skratti Thugs be damned.

You can get resends yourself, but I sent one in for you eitherway.

Its overpowered because its early on.
Several things though.
That's of course they just have the axe and not vine shields as well, but then fatigue issues are still there.
Which I guess you could counter with enough items but then you are investing items which defeats the purpose of cheap thugs.

I've been teaching myself to play this game through trial and error.
It's taking longer than if I read guides, but I'm having a blast. It's like when you're a kid and you get that sweet game from a garage sale that doesn't have an instruction booklet.

Thanks fam.

I'm not sure if I'm just being stupid or what, but the turn is identical to the last one. I know this because Theodoros sent "It's Telkhine time!", and the message is here again in this "turn".

Yeah I can see that, they could easily handle PD I'd think but I'm more interested in turning pic related into some kind of super shock troop group.

I think even with the defense penalty (which is equal to your berserk value isn't it? so in this case it would be 0, unless the default is -3 and just increments from there) that gives me a Giant with 4 34 damage magical attacks a swing, and with quickness anyway that would negate the default defense penalty.

If it turns out I was right about my assumption of 0 berserk just giving you 0 defense penalty then the only problem I see is fatigue. but regardless even 2-3 Hersir wielding this axe with someone blessing them for my regeneration, turns them from giants into flesh grinding lumberjacks of death that will only stop killing until they die themselves.

I am really happy to hear that user, hopefully we can do another blitz soon so you can get a handle on multiplayer.

It's easier to learn in a blitz in comparison to email

The defense increase decreases by -3 I believe but fatigue is still accumulated quicker regardless of level of berserk.

It will fun to see if it works, but its probably going to be best if you combine it with other military units.

Ah fuck it. I'm gonna to just send in my previous turns because I don't know what the fuck is going on anymore. Might "stale" on this turn if that doesn't register.

Yeah I'm thinking the same; there is also the account of production turns here as well to see if it's really worth it.

I'm going to let Red Rob know what I think about this axe, I know he sometimes lurks here since I mentioned that MA Rlyeh thing a long time ago, but It's easier to just message him directly. I think if it was N2 and cursed and just 1 attack instead of 2 it wouldn't be such a far superior choice compared to a sword of swiftness, or a brand.

Hell even making n2 might be enough, or n3.

Telkhine Time is the current turn, and also delete your 2h file and Turn file before you try to re-add your turn.

Also keep in mind that Ashdod has a unit with 2 attacks, one magical, that berserk and has 18 more health, and its preferable to recruit the other sacred with more armor when running E9N9 blesses.

The axe should definitely have some kind of drawback, the damage is pretty shit too though.

This, always delete you 2h file, its one of the lead causes of llamaserver fuck ups.

Forgot image.

Yeah but I mean compare the cost of the herse, at best you're also only getting one Ahiman unless you've got your Riches from Beneath up, or lots of high resource pops around your cap. I really think that a Herse + Berserk axe could really be a cost effective thug, and a really frightening shock troop choice. If I was to build a strategy around thugs I'd definitely go for e10,n9 on these guys and go straight for con4 after getting a decent amount of herses.

That kind of power early on is stupid, and Jotunheim is already a strong faction; that axe on Pangean minotaurs is also hilarious, especially if you're going to dual wield..which you don't really need too that would make a hell of a shock squad. there is probably some other decent 1 turn thugs you could make with just this axe.

You got a point with the point cost, but it would be kind of moot seeing as it costs gems instead.

My point was more that sacred units with high hp and berserk aren't as useful for Ashdod compared to the Ahiman with higher prot, magic armor and no berserk

But then again theres no way to tell until used, play a few games with it before deciding an entire build on it, is my only advice.

I am just having fun being a theory crafting dork.

Also you should probably extend the EA disciple game if Machaka doesnt deliver in the next 2 hours.

You wound me ;_;

I'll give him a 2 hour extension.

He should be back home from work by then, I'll see if I can bother him into doing it

Not that impressive since the person had largely cannon fodder and no mages.
The 60 dead sacreds is good though.

MACHAKA IS THE NIGGEREST

Maeneds are pretty shit.

You should Divine Mind your Vastness.

It gains s3.

you haven't seen anything yet. wait until you see the shield that auto-casts an aoe earth meld automatically every turn. there is a helmet that auto-casts some life drain spell, too.

that axe is too cheap. some of the spells are OP, as well. How about a version of fire shield that gives you a heat aura and etherealness, because casting one spell per turn is just so vanilla, apparently. fire based fatigue mitigation like Fuel the Fire. gem generating rituals that let you convert blood slaves into real gems. how about a version of the Fires from Afar ritual that triggers a battle with fire elementals on the province afterward? Not enough, ok, then Heat from Hell effects the battle too.

some stuff is ok. no deep consideration given to balance. I suppose if you add enough op shit, then everyone has nukes to play with, which obfuscates the effect that some of the more glaring offenders in this mod have. I wonder of the mods author had a design philosophy in mind when creating this thing.

I already know of all the spells, but these new items I find are a bit much; at least in terms of casting spells you have a bunch of stuff to play with as you said.

The version of earth meld used though is much weaker then actual earth meld.
Its more of a weaker vine shield, which doesn't seem to bad.

But, then again maybe I'm biased as I'm been researching construction this game and equipping all my adons.

The spells, especially the ones that stack effects, cater to thugs. Which is good or bad depending on your preferences, but stacking 3 rounds of buffs into a single spell is way over the top.

I can understand the thematic stuff behind Fire based reinvigoration, but there is no drawback. Fire magic lowers your life span, Blood magic can extend it. Using fire for no-cost fatigue removal, especially with a jar of fire, that provides free fire gems every battle, is a bit much. Should age the caster, imo, the brightest flame burns quickest. Yes, I think if you want a fire sabbath/communion, but don't want to bother with blood slaves, you should risk fucking over your sabbath slaves. Big demons, magical beings and undead can still afford to mitigate fatigue this way, because they have long lifespans, but human mages should 'burn out' quickly. A thematic debuff.

I haven't gone though the entire DM yet. The vampire mask looks like a premiere thug item, auto leech once per round, which will return health and fatigue.

Shadow Helm is a free bodyguard item. There are a couple of new 'brand' weapons including a trident that has an AoE petrify. The Rust Censer is deceptively powerful against conventional armies that rely on high armor. Autospell items are fucking insane though, like the Shroud Banner, Shield of Fate and a couple of others. Way over the top.

Did you see the stuff that gives you free communion slaves at the start of every battle? I'll use this shit if I can get my hands on it, but it looks broken as hell.

yeah I plan on making some of the gaia circlet communion things when I can, it's a cool idea.

There is a lot of items there that I think are over the top, but some I think are OK like the banner that casts sermon of courage; I would use that all of the time if it was a real item, I mean we have so many banner items that let you cast spells or auto cast spells but it never made sense to me why there wasn't a rally flag or something. The Petrify trident seems like BS, even The Stone Sword artifact has a chance to petrify the wielder; there is also an S1 cons2 helmet that gives you twist fate, and luck and allows extra bodyguards against assasins as well.

It's balanced if everyone can use them :^)

Any advice for late age monkeys? Im basicly going to give them regen and the extra attack. or is it better to say fuck it and go into earth to give them the extra proc

Go for n9, I prefer to go awake for Patala, but if you want to run a major bless go n9.

the nagas IMO are good enough as is without a bless, but what you're really getting from N9 is extra HP on your communion slaves, in addition to regeneration from fatigue damage besides whatever Fatigue enchants you cast on yourself like earth power. It will also help your summoned sacreds out a lot.

Then you just have to sit back and enjoy the meteor showers.

Here's a good pretender design in imo.
Awake too with trample.

Pic related is what I use, It's best to go for Magic 3 because your Yogi's which will be your main communion fodder get research 10. and as Patala you have a lot of crap you need to get under your bellt ASAP because your monkies have shit morale, and shit middle age gear and will be destroyed by everyone else and their superior armaments.

There are a lot of ways to handle this, and like I said before Naga warriors are really good even without a bless; I'd recommend going imprisoned monolith if you wanted to take a bless pretender, again magic 3 is important and having a lot of gold early on helps a crap load in comparison to growth.

Infact you could probably take death scales if you wanted to, Misfortune works as well especially if you decide to use the Devi of Fortune which is cheaper. Just keep in mind you're on a time limit which requires lots of gold, and lots of research

Been for the last 4 hours. From i can tell, regen is much better then the proc, and added health is great. Cause i was running the construction spell that boosts my proc, which was handy. I'm not good enough to know how thefuck to use commiun slaves yet but in the future i'll try it out. I just enjoy summoning the guys with awe and watch them kill shit.

You really only want a 9e bless when you have sacreds with already high armor.
The Ahiman Anakite with 9e bless have 21 prot, which is a huge jump from 18 prot.

But it wouldn't be worth it for the sheshai anakite.

4e bless or 6e bless if you got points to spare is preferred as its cheaper and provides reivig which is important for almost anything related to battle.

everyone can't use them though. nations get different magic. some nations need to summon thugs, some can recruit them.

Having your pretender make, say one of the skulls that casts Foul Vapours at the start of every battle is different than playing MA C'tis; Poison resistant troops and Marshmasters in every fort that can make the skull, freeing up your pretender for other things, such as leading an army around while carrying a telkhine skull. One skull army per turn, that may not be poison resistant vs. one poison resistant skull army, per fort, per turn. I'm being hyperbolic for the point of emphasis.

A lot of the fire buffs I mentioned earlier buff Abyssia, which doesn't need buffs. There are a lot of Air spells that make elves more of a nuisance. There is a range of power creep, but it isn't consistent.

You have a lot of sacred mages, so reinvigoration from a minor earth bless won't go to waste. A lot of sacred summons that can benefit from a bless, particularly thugs. But you don't really need a bless, even if you want one. Scales monkeys is pretty viable.

communion slaves share the fatigue from casting spells, roughly dividing the cost of the spell between the caster and the slaves. it's not exact, especially in big communions. for example: in a game where I'm playing Pythium, I sent out a communion with 48 slaves, the masters were casting a spell that normally cost 20 fatigue. the slaves got 2 fatigue every time the master cast a spell, not 0.25 (rounded up to 1).

the other benefit is that if you have enough slaves, the magic paths of the communion master are increased, allowing you to cast spells you might not normally be able to cast. it's +1 magic for every power of 2, so +1 for 2 slaves, +2 for 4 slaves, +3 for 8 slaves, +5 for 16 slaves and so on.

there are a few other things, but those are the basics. plenty of guides online if you're interested.

Keep learning new shit. Thanks guys. I'll probably join the 8 chan game soon, but i'm shit at late age.

Dw user. You're not the only one.

ON the subject of getting better. Has anybody ever given the smallest unit in the game the item that makes them bigger?

I gift of reason'd a fairy and gave her not only midget's revenge, but also monolith armor.
She died horribly in her first engagement.
Not sure if it's because such tiny units just can't compete or because I'm not especially great at thugs.

YOu did it for the lols tho right? thats what you dream for, those sweat lols.

Of course I did it for the lols, what other reason would there be to kit out a unit with base strength of 3 and no damaging weapons with 2 unique magical artifacts?

Actually you don't want to take the E9 bless for sacreds with high armour because it's subject to diminishing returns and wont have the full effect on guys with high armour, the only reason anyone usually goes for e9 (or e10) is because of the reinvigorate.

The cap for magic paths boost by communion is +4, after that it's just a matter of balancing out master/slave ratio so you don't kill all of your slaves right away like a dummy.

Innovation

I had +5 for 16 slaves, I should have written +4. I was getting a magic boost of 5 with 48 slaves. With 30 masters, slaves were accruing ~60 fatigue per turn, only mitigation was 2 reinvigoration from a bless, as well as bonus health and regeneration. Without other sources of fatigue mitigation, I was forced to have about half of the communion masters cast communion slave after a couple of rounds. That put the slaves up to 64, giving a magic boost of 6.

Then I guess I'm wrong, I thought it was hard capped for some reason.

That depends on your definition of retardedly strong. They are stronger than a lot of the vanilla combat items, but that is because I believe most of those items are overcosted. The only combat items that get used in vanilla are brands and shields. ME items are designed to be worth the gems and mage time to forge.

I do have my eye on that one. The bearer is berserk at battle start - so no self buffing. If it turns out to be too strong for the cost it will be nerfed, although I think the downsides are pretty severe. It was designed to allow some nonstandard thugs rather than just the regular Golem-Ponyman-Skratti.

Total expenditure: 225 gold in Hersir, 15 gems & 3 mage turns in axes, 3 fort commander recruit turns, 1 Priest. Seems like a decent investment for a tough melee group that are still vulnerable to the usual Giant counters (high damage troops, single target spells etc.)

Let me save you the trouble ;P
It is meant to be a superior choice to a Sword of Swiftness, when was the last time you saw one of those? As regards Brands, the main disadvantage of the Axe is it prevents buffing. With Thugs the main thing is ensuring they don't die to random attacks, so stacking defences is usually more important than more offence. Due to this you either need to layer defensive items on the Axe-wielder (negating it's cheap cost) or bring someone along to buff, which hampers maneuverability and means you have an extra body to protect from flankers. All in all I think it will turn out to be less stellar than is being feared, but I could be wrong.

Fire shield is a pretty bad spell. Fire was lacking a good thug spell, air gets Mistform, water gets Quickness, Earth gets Ironskin. I think you are missing that plenty of spells have more than one effect, you are just used to seeing them as one spell. Earthpower is +1E AND 4 reinvig. Liquid body is Slash AND Pierce AND Blunt resistance AND 70% woundfend. Having a spell do several things isn't necessarily broken. This makes F less of a dead path for thugs, but is hardly OMGWTF in power level.

I don't understand this at all. Why is Reinvigoration fine when Blood gets it but needs a drawback when Fire gets it? I assume the drawback would be in addition to the fact Fire gets it 3 research levels later, needs an extra path level to cast it and uses gems instead of more readily available slaves? I know one of Bloods themes is "being better than other paths" but still…

The item that costs 20 nature gems and gives 2 communion slaves at Construction 6? That is mainly a way to grant Communion Master to a few nations that struggle with it and to prevent everyone from needing the E/S crosspath. Seems like quite a slow return on investment if you are buying if for the communion slaves.

In general the items are new and I expect there to be some outliers that need to be nerfed. I do think a lot of the reaction is due to vanilla items generally being overcosted and underused, and once people start to use them they will see that spending gems on items vs. rituals vs. summons vs. battle spells isn't such a clear cut thing.

It might be effectively capped at 4, I don't know. It displays higher than 4 though. As a point of reference, all those communion slaves will die within a round or 2, once their fatigue hits 200. The only way to prevent that would be to reduce the number of masters even further, to about 4. That will allow the slaves to to regenerate the damage the master inflict by casting spells. A different bless, spells like Earthpower/Personal Regeneration, or tougher slaves can allow you to sustain a lot more masters in a long battle.

My issue with Fuel the Fire is that it mimics a pretty popular spell used for fatigue mitigation, either for thugs, or communion management. Unlike reinvigoration, you don't need to hunt for slaves, build a lab, or have a scout port around slaves for your casters, you just slap a Fire in a Jar on a couple of masters to keep your slaves alive in perpetuity.

Like I said, the easy way to mitigate exploitation is thematic. Fire shortens your life. Blood extends it.

Because they're different types of magic. Why is Bless ok for holy magic, but not ok for Air magic? Why is raise dead ok for death magic but not ok for water magic? Sabbath master and Communion Master do the same thing, but why does one have a higher cost than the other? I can play silly rhetorical games too.

Such as who? LA Arcosephale? Pangaea? C'tis? Let's be clear, a lot of the nations that can make this item don't have a problem with finding masters for communions.

It's +1 magic and lower spellcasting fatigue for a Sybyl or Pan every battle, without the risks associated with say, finding and recruiting some lizard shamans and walking them around with your mage. Do you think 20 gems is a fair cost for that?

wew lad. Fire Shield has a purpose; dealing with hordes of scrubby chaff like Vine Men, Maenads, Soulless and Deep Ones. Stack Ethereal and a heat aura on that and what do you get? It's a cool concept, but it's also lower in the research tree than Soul Vortex, lower path requirements and lower fatigue, too.

The reasons you have diminishing returns is because of the difference between armor in the high teens and armor in the 20s is the difference between night and day.

It takes the Sheshai Anakites from getting wounded to being untouched by anything not with high strength or magic attack.

Meaning your expansion units of sacreds will be uninjured and experienced.
Which is huge for ashdod as they don't have healers, despite healers being the most reliant.

This. Fire shield is great.
It's one of the reasons I love fiery imps.

I found some hog riders, i'm going to invest in Enlarge and make these pigs ride with the white bull of not dieing. If i increase the hog rider size with the giants amulet, ( or what ever its called) will i get him to the size of a giant?

The best part of hog riders is that aren't size 3 so they can cram into a square which with the several attacks they have and lances shrek large units.

But regarding your question, an amulet of giants will get them large enoug.
If not a nature mage can cast an additional spell to increase their size, and then on top of that give them regen as well.

We should have another blitz game soon.

Looks like it is capped but at 6 not 4… http:// z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=3108

I don't think it is fair to claim there is an additional cost for blood nations to use Reinvigoration, to have a Blood Sabbath at all you need slaves. Spending gems instead of slaves seems like a wash, and paying 5 gems upfront for a tempgen rather than just using a gemscout is a pretty minor benefit.

You missed my point a little. I am aware different paths have strengths and weaknesses. My point was that Blood has lots of strengths and Fire has less, so giving one of Blood's strengths to Fire shouldn't necessitate giving it a drawback to 'balance' it.

Yes? 20 gems is quite an investment.
You can get +1 to all paths in combat for 25 gems at Const2 with a Crystal Shield. This is 4 research levels later, with the expected increase in gem efficiency between say Conj2 and Conj6 that seems about right. Do I think the item is good? Certainly, but that doesn't mean its OP.

Maybe bad was the wrong word. Yes, it has a niche dealing with chaff if you already have a way to tank all the hits they are throwing at you. But that is an also-ran ability, not a go-to spell for thugging.
Astral gets Body Ethereal with aoe 1 at Alt4, giving it to Fire as a caster only spell with a benny at Alt5 seems quite reasonable.

I guess the larger point as to whether these are over the line depends on whether you think Fire and Nature need a boost in the first place. One of the goals of ME was to buff the paths I saw as weaker - Fire, Nature and to a lesser extent Water on the battelfield. As such they generally got the more powerful new additions. If you think they were fine before I could see some of the additions being too much.

I'll keep that in mind with the hogs. But i want to have a lol at a tiny horde becoming super sized and basicly killing off all those manlet haters. Sort of, revenge of the bacon horde.

Dungeons and Dragons campaign set in the world of Dominions

y/n

yee

yes, so you wouble basicly control a small band of dudes going around and collecting magic gems to make equipment?

Whats your thinking user?

yee

I figure sanctioned adventurers trying to stop a horrible world-ending problem. Maybe trying to tackle Ermor before they skeleton the planet.

So basicly developing a bunch of commanders into thugs and SC to go agasint armies, with you recruiting random amounts of guys to help in the fighting.

Could work, but you would need to add more detail on the map, like in provincces, you need to have town sizes, forests, wildlife. It sounds complicated, but dominions already has that shit so you would just have to make new events and another screen and shit. Would be fun.

I think the guys that made Dominions included references to their Earthdawn campaign. Another ttrpg. The troll heroes that can show up in an event are based on some of the characters they played.

Is that where they come from?
I thought they were from Dom 1 or 2 because some of them have the older sprite work.

Also they have items that you can't get through forging.

R'lyeh is this because we named you team tentacle lovers?

Same 2 guys made those games, though I think they hire other people on occasion. Just something I heard somewhere, don't know if it is true.

No, it's because there's no room in the water for jews.
Free swim doesn't start until after we pick out a new pantokrator.

Well its sad that I now have to push Agartha's shit in for your mistakes.
You will come second.

You should stay on your turf Berytos. Water is our realm!

Also please extend all games by 24 hours, I am starting to feel the burn out from all the games I'm in and I'll need some extra time to make my moves.

Thanks in advance

Goyim…

Just set the timers to 32 hours instead of 24, thats usually what happens past turn 20 anyway :^)

I just get burned out when I have a lot of decisions to make in a timely manner, and since I hate staling and don't want to have to dump a game just because I need to take a break dominions.

I'll do that after I win or die then just wait 4 months until the LA game starts up.

Its too late goy, its already been done.
And I'm too drunk off wine of one of the many Jewish holidays involving some made up suffering of the death of non-existing Jews.

Today Judaya's Terror and his army fell defending Oni clay against the forces of darkness. Many ghost fuckers died, but not enough. You madman, you massacred your own troops with the lightning battle enchant

You force hosted the game right as Im doing the turn?

You're a prick man

I meant to give the game a 12 hour extension I gave it a 36 hour extension instead.
If it means so much I can roll it back but that ruins the risk of fucking the game up.

A turn rollback would be fine as long as everyone redoes their turn and doesn't just send in their old one.
Again I'm sorry but the game was delayed all the way until monday.

Well I haven't looked at the turn yet, but yeah it does mean a lot because otherwise I'd just call shenanigans since both our teams are going to war.

In which case I'd quit because I don't play with cheaters.

Ah boo boo, you already had 36 hours, I guess I should of asked here, but how long would of taken for you to respond.

Fuck that cheater talk, I have hosted 20+ games and never done anything to give myself an unfair advantage, but I have a job nigga, I wasn't going to wait until monday to play the turns which at the current rate is what's going to happen as several games are delayed from people getting burned out.

That's about the response I expected; we all have jobs here and I had to work back to back at two of my jobs which is why I asked for the (24) hour extension in the first place.

just flip it back instead of being butthurt because I called you out on your mistake

You reason was that you were getting burned out I gave you an extension but gave you more then I was meant to.
You would of still stalled but given the game told you until monday you've might of not stalled if you knew it was going to host at 8:00 EST.

The problem with rolling it back is now everyone will change turns, I would prefer to play through, give you Agartha your province back, gold, some gems, and breathing room.

But if you absolutely want a rerolled turn I'll do it.

Another reason I'm wary is that I've had a roll back outright delete a game.

I remember that.
Strangely enough, I was playing EA Rlyeh in that game too.

I was Lanka, I remember we had a alliance, now we are at war.
How things change.

Figure out what you want nigger.

Its an early turn stall, you can get the province back and maybe reperations.
But this way the game will continue without any more shenanigans.

However rolling back is the other option but incurs errors unless we do it right and will allow everyone to edit their turns to avoid failed expansion attacks, redo offensives, reroll random events.

I was away from the computer, anyway 2 turns then that means this turn and the last one.

I would had defended that province had my turn been sent in anyway and Hinnom's army would be defeated so you get to keep your army for 1 more turn I guess.

By that I meant no fights for this turn, and the one to follow and I get that province back. then we'll go ahead and continue as we were, I don't need any reparations I'm just pissed off I didn't get to do my turn when I came in

I won't put any PD in it.
Fair enough, sorry again.

Check the rest of the games you are in, I'm going to double check and make sure they weren't given 36 hour extensions while already 10 hours in.

I've also set La Successors to 36 hours as its taking 2 hours at least to get turns in.

Do you still need more time for being burned out or "work"

No or I would had stated as such, so please set the timer to 4 hours so I feel a rush to get my job done and come home immediately to play dominions especially since I like to advocate to make sure no one stales. In the mean time 1v1 me in COE4 because I am a true doom murder head and I'll destroy you the likes of which you have never been destroyed before, you'll be stretched, stritched, starched, and stomped on. I'll reduce your tactically incapable, miscalculating, feeble mind into the atoms from which it was created so that some where they might be able to bind with something and form something useful. Speaking of binding, your girlfriend or girlfriend analogue (AKA your grubby cheeto fist you call a hand) will be repossessed and sent of to a work camp in which they might find some relief of finally being separated from you and your misshapen body. You fucking smell and I can't believe you've managed to make it this far without the plastic of your computer screen melting off from the acidic mist coming off your unwashed body, or that your mutated sofa butt is still able to give way to the lame studs you call legs so that you can walk to the door to pay your pizza man on the hour, every hour, as if that wasn't enough you think your grossly delusional, tiny, ant sized, brain thinks you can just waltz in here and drive ship just because you made an error, well you did make an error which was thinking you could live the life of a normal human being instead of committing suicide at age 13 when you found out you couldn't complete a single pull up in gym class with those spindly branches you call arms, but your life is just errant as has been obviously displayed by such an impatient and callous attitude, clearly if you had thought things through and had some discipline the world would had been spared of having to deal with the anxiety and disappointment that your life has thus far brought.

And you wouldn't feel the need to force host, you fucking dumb ass.

So do you want to play COE?

Also if you had to delay for work you should say so earlier, not that you were burned out.
I have no sympathy for someone who is getting "tired" of playing.
So do I but I don't hold up others peoples turns, especially again on the weekend.

Anyway, we've mad terms of reconciliation.
Relax, though that spiel made me giggle.

typical tricks, schlomo

force hosting was a dick move. good for a laugh apparently, which reminds me, I have the password for 8wizards.

I suggest making the game 36 hours as everyone seems to be taking longer to send in the their turns.

Oh nvm you already have it set at 48

I leave the thread for the day and come back to this shit show. I hope everything gets fixed and shit. IN the mean time, does anybody have advice for working with pretender gods.

From my view of that shit, I'm going to use the phoneix, so i would load up on fire spells and basicly nuke myself or do sucide runs to take out large amount of units. This seems like the basic principle, am i missing something unique to working with immortal pretenders?

No you have it basically right.
You don't want to equip them as they will lose their items. If you do cheap stuff like fire jars.
Keep in mind they are only immortal in their dominion.

Also if your cap gets taken they will constantly spawn there and siege or attack it.

Really, hmmm, would dormant be better then awaken? With dormants, you have more time for your dominion to spread then starting with barely any

With an active pretender, you get extra dom spread. Only 1 candle per turn guaranteed, but up to 3 from your god.

Phoenix's are not great at melee. You're better off having it cast Air Shield and blast until you get some research. Vampire Queen is a bit different, as she has (potentially) fear, regeneration and invulnerable, still vulnerable to archers and lances though. She can at least attack thanks to her life drain, though she is better off waiting until she has a couple of vampire bodyguards before you set her up for melee. The Jap gobrin kingu is more of a thug, you still don't want to script him to attack as his final order, though he can be more than capable of mixing it up in melee thanks to buffs and short range evocations.

to clarify, when I say script for 'attack' I mean as their final order. you're better off leaving the final order as nothing, that way they'll enter melee or cast spells, chase down routing units, etc, rather than committing to one thing. sometimes you might want to script them to attack as a single round order, so they move closer to the enemy, particularly if you plan on using short range spells.

Yeah Lanka if you're on, let's play COE I never actually played it against another person before.

I'm down too.

You will have to host though, I will be back in 15-20 minutes at max to look at your reply, I'm busy cooking and such

You can decide what age and if there is npcs, I usually just pick random whenever I play it.

here I am, I guess you didn't read this yet

No I just did, what map settings would you like, enemy AI?
Wilder settings and what age?

Not wilder, you can pick the age I don't care if you add AI's or not

Alright first time doing this, it should run smooth my connection is pretty good.

What address>

Hold on, I'm having problems connecting myself.

Ok I have this thread open whenever you figure out htings, I'd host but I did something wierd to this OS's network capability and although it works I havent been able to host games and have been too busy to fix it

The port number is 7272 which is default.

ALSO 5 MINUTES HOSTING COE GAME IF ANYONE ELSE WANTS TO PLAY

it failed the first time for me, retrying

Make sure you're not putting the port number at the end with :7272

I didn't since the default is 7272 you can just click through I just input the Ip

This is what I keep getting

That's weird I'm connected now.
I ended that one and rebooted try it now.

Simply hit OK when the default port number comes up dont hit the IP number.
Its weird but I couldn't join when I clicked it.

It doesn't seem to be working again I've been looking in the manual to see if there is any troubleshooting section but I haven't found any
I'll look on a forum or something

Hold On I'm going to take some screencaps on what works for me.
Because I was having the same problem just a second ago.

Did you open the port on your router?

I've been looking at this thread on Steam

steamcommunity.com/app/403950/discussions/0/485622866452822668/

it was the first thing that came up in my search engine

When I click on the above adress I can't connect.
When I just click Ok I can though.

I tried that as well but it's still not connecting

The IP address you provided is an internal ip address, go to whatismyip or something like that to find out what your external ip address is. Unless you guys are on the same LAN or something

Oh yeah that would explain the 1 wouldnt it?

Wew so much for what I know.

Pretty much. Basically IP address that start with 192.168 are for LAN purposes.

No worries, I still remember the first time I did the same thing

Well I can't access my router right now and I don't remember the password so Shit out of luck.

yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

this should show you? I'll try hosting in a second

That would be great.
I'll work on this tomorrow, I'm too intoxicated from stress from job as a boss's fuck up is probably going to blamed on me.
I remember setting up my router for MP a year or two ago but that's the problem as I do not remember the password.

So wait, not to spam post.
But, from what I'm reading here, that the port listed is an open port that I can use?
Would I still need to screw with my router to make it work?

well try connecting to

if that doesnt work try

port is 7272

use the website to see if you can connect, but that website also shows you your external IP address

Yeah not working for me, on either of the IP's

ah well, we'll figure out another time I got other stuff to I need to be doing as it turns out.

I still need to fix this computer, because what seems to be the problem has nothing to do with my router or internet connection but something to deal with the OS

Yeah shame, COE would be great playing turn to turn maybe whoever was able to host the blitz can host this one.

Mostly likely no, you shouldn't need to do anything with your router since it should be an open port. You might need to disable or set an exception with any firewall software (If you have any) though

LASuccesor gotes and EAWillBeFine bats here. I'll be travelling to a country without reliable internet this weekend, and will gone for at least a week. Since turns are 48 hours now, I probably won't miss much, and I'll try to get on to post turns if I can. I'll leave it up to you guys to determine whether or not to pause the game or not.

HOW?

air shield + awe

The way this war is going Tentacle Lovers, we are both going to waste the Early game wasting time fighting, and be weaker for it.

If you quit now I will give you some fair conditions and you can continue playing the game for a bit longer.

NEW BAD DISCIPLES TURN AND NEW MA TURN

If we quit? you shouldn't had trespassed into the ocean, but you know what we'll Parley this once.

Me and Rlyeh will talk it over, I meant to make an 8ch Discord channel for Dominions so I'm going to do that right now and then me and Rlyeh will communicate what we're going to do then talk to you about it.

Everyone get in here especially you Rlyeh

discord.gg/dSXhT

Connecting.

From now on in all future OP's please include a link to our dischord channel, instead of Holla Forumsanheim (you can include Holla Forumsanheim if you really want but we're not half chan so I don't see why we would)

Expired link

Sorry forgot to set it to never expire, here you go

discord.gg/QrtP2mr

I was mad about this at first, but its a really good battle that was down to the hair.
Both armies actually routed but mine was close to the door.

It was interesting viewing. I took notes.

I'd like to introduce someone. He'll be gracing the Fall of Fame soon.

Thugs can still work against Blood easy; what are you talking about chaim? wheres your range 100 Leech.

Also a thug is not necessarily an SC.

I wrote you a fucking paragraph and thought better of it.
You'll learn in time.

Pic Unrelated

MACHAKA I UNDERSTAND YOUR SITUATION BUT PLEASE!

What are you on about now you bummer? I'm not even in the LA game, I was just commenting on your threat against that guy.

and get in the discord.

watch me.

Psh Nothing personal kid

What do you use against Blood and Skelly spam? Just get on that research and find the winning ticket?

Units with reinvigoration and a high morale.

Or you can just get a bunch of banishers

or dust to dust. or all 3

earthquake

Water has some counters for blood, there's a spell which kills undead and demons and another which makes all demons take double damage on the battlefield.

Priests are always good and are a cheap alternative, indie priests are already cheap and have super low upkeep.

Blood's biggest weakness is that their gems are physical and have health.
If you have an enemy like a Melqart for example and he is using blood, set archers to fire at large units and if he is the largest their, they will aim for him.
Killing low prot slaves.

Skele has a ton of counters.
Iron pigs for one works great.

PEOPLE CHAT SO MUCH IS DISCOURSE THAT THE THREAD DIES

then post something of substance, I always check this thread on occasion.

COE GAME POSSIBLY MAYBE BUT PROBABLY NOT, TONIGHT.

OH FUG

Yeah, I think that's the problem with a discord ground, I hear that kind of thing happened with the Project reality threads too.

*group

I will maintain it with images, and shitposting.

So in the end Rephaite Eater the Terrasque died never eating a rephaite.
Cause of death, choking on a Nephilim.

Iron Pill will complete the system of German Idealism.

Ded game

DED THREAD
E
D

T
H
R
E
A
D

Baddisciples rlyeh here, posting from mobile to ask for an extension because i got locked out of my house, screwed out of the backup keys, and help's an hour away.
Turn waiting for me better not suck.

I already delayed it for 12 hours.

Well I just got back home, and am sending the turn now.
Probably won't be first for next turn because it's fucking late and I'm tired

postponing 8wizards game by 12 hours. Ashdod and TC still outstanding. 10 hours left, but I'm going out and wont be able to check the game until tomorrow.

I had an AAR of this I wrote a year or two ago as MA Ermor when I played on 8Scrubs. I never got around to uploading the whole thing since everyone else left a few turns before the end and I was too busy at the time to finish uploading and to play the game in general.

POSSIBLE BLITZ TONIGHT

We blitzing?

How to equip/build LA Abysia assasins? I feel something do wrong with giving them blood slaves.

Depends which level of assassin and what you're trying to assassinate.
They key is cheap items, like skeleton charm, or others.

I trying to kill enemy C'tis hero/commanders.

The try the one which spawns Vine men, the one which makes skeles or the imp one.

So just equip with summon items? What if i attack some badass mage?

That's the reason its cheap, you want to kill commanders and cheap mages.
You will spened a lot of gems fitting out an assassin with a ton of items.

I just want a create "Elite assasin" who wander on enemy territory and hunt on priests/mages. Roleplay.

Then ring of regen, flying shield, brand of any type, boots of flying or behemoth if large, vine shield, charcoal shield or the candleshield.
Horror helmet is good too, a route during assassination means death.

What a nation have a best assasins?

Abysia, Lanka, Bogarus, Pythium,

Thanks you. This game really interesting but i still learn how crafting works. I found sometimes happened events where Dwarf with 4 Construction can join to your nation.

if you have blood magic, spam spells such as life for a life or leech.

I'm in a number of games already but I'm interested in starting another. Do any of you guys have a preference as to the age of the game? If not I'm just going to make an MA game.

That's mostly for the norse nations isn't it?

time for a new thread

make a new thread, we about to die.