A new video of the megaman x corrupted game

A new video of the megaman x corrupted game

Other urls found in this thread:

megaman.world/news/megamanxplusplus/
github.com/hakase-labs/hikari
rockbot.upperland.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So 2020 still the release date?

Speaking of fan games, there's a guy making a Mega Man engine with C++ core/editor and lua script on top so it would be fully extendable: megaman.world/news/megamanxplusplus/

Maybe 21XX then?

Just what is the scale of it? How big are they planning to make it?

It suffers xtremely from feature creep, so at this rate, the project is fucking huge from what it probably started as.

It's a metroidvania MMX game, so 8 levels interconnected in terms of scale.

I can remember one other game falling into this trap.
They mad so much content it would be enough for 5 indie fightans, but it was so thinly spread and makers were so burned out, it just died to never be released at all.
You can look up videos to get the glimpse of it.

Those visuals look like ass.

I just wish they took MMX4~6 sprites as a base, rather than 1~3 ones. But then game would take 4 times more time to get to even this point.

So he's basically remaking X1 in LOVE, and then making additional tools for it in C++?

The feature-creep is _Xtremely worrying but his autism seems to keep him going, and I think even if he got burnt out and gave up or canceled it he'd release what he's got. Music shown so far is fantastic and gets the SNES melodies just right.

That's got a hell of a lot of potential.

Don't forget they'd be doing everything else in the X4-X6 style to fit, and I'd vastly prefer X1-X3 styled music to X4-X6 styled music. I honestly only remember one or two tracks from X4 and X5 and about three tracks from X6, though X6 I thought was the most memorable of the bunch both for and despite being hideously unfinished.

You all realize as much as this is great, it's going to be CnD'd by capcom right? Like every other really good fangame out there. I want this as much as anyone but it's practically inevitable at this point.

And don't even try to bring up the other fangame that they made "official" (Street Fighter VS Megaman) for the 25th anniversery, that was just because they'd forgotten about it and didn't want to look bad in front of the people who somehow still give a shit about capcom.

That depends entirely on if he actually gives a shit about Capcom's C&D. Hell, for all I know he might've already gotten one, completely ignored it and carried on with the project, considering Capcom can't really do a whole lot about unofficial not-for-profit fanworks and their ownership of the Mega Man property isn't under threat with the Legacy Collection released fairly recently.

Cool, I know the soundtrack is good. But I am always very skeptical of romhacks. Most are unbalanced, unfinished, bad design and a fan circle jerk. Cool to see he is still going though.

True. I just don't hold much hope for things like this anymore because I've seen far too many cucks just drop what they're doing on a dime as soon as someone whispers the words "legal action." All I can hope is you're right.

I've been watching this develop for years, and it's honestly one of the best fan projects I've seen, in both terms of development and soundtrack. It really captures the original X trio of game's feel pretty decently, and takes an interesting twist on it.

It's a flash game actually, not a ROM hack.

With all those that drop everything at the slightest hint of legal action I imagine their cause for doing so is probably they're just dead poor and doing it out of love, and couldn't afford to go to court even if they were to win. But, they'd have to be taken to court in the first place, and something like Nintendo's DMCA against AM2R would probably get slapped the fuck down before it even hit a courtroom.

My bad.

I am actually not a huge fan of Mega Man X2 and X3 for I felt they went for a more broken level design/ segmented progression then linear and less collection orientated. At least from what I remember.

I was talking more about the atmosphere of the levels than the level design. I'd have to rewatch most of his videos to tell you what I think of the level design.

There's also: github.com/hakase-labs/hikari
and rockbot.upperland.net/

Rockbot is especially nice because it can be compiled for some older consoles as homebrew, too.

Essentially yeah.

looks like trash from the videos