/ogc/ - Racing Vidya Thread - Turn One Predictaments Edition

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/autogamescoalition

Wiki: ogc.wikia.com/wiki/OGC_Wikia

Mumble:

Our Uplay spreadsheet (Currently for The Crew):

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSepEGcLRmODiyFZwWpDDB6rdMHaAm-TMjlsbEOpAOzDA_kMTA/viewform

To add others, check here;

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ibxzGQ8J0LWpYXcmn0cXHoLos4d50SXSBBm6OCbwsfA/edit

Our Forza Horizon 3 club:

Our Xbox live club:

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/jhW5bKB
humblebundle.com/store/car-mechanic-simulator-2015
amazon.com/Thrustmaster-T80-Officially-Licensed-Racing-Wheel/dp/B00JDYMQ9C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1484616470&sr=8-1&keywords=thrustmaster t80
dell.com/en-us/member/shop/accessories/apd/a9168852?c=us&l=en&s=eep&cs=2236&sku=A9168852
initiald.sega.jp/inid0/
twitter.com/SEGA_OFFICIAL/status/821262690244931584
ogc.wikia.com/wiki/Tokyo_Xtreme_Racer
carmageddon.com/comment/88091#comment-88091
youtube.com/watch?v=W-8SOwxQw50
steamcommunity.com/games/473770/announcements/detail/272866376017245493
patreon.com/Neognosis
idforums.net/index.php?s=291865156c950778204e40e6dd6f087f&showtopic=48485&st=50
arcadebelgium.net/t5617-initial-d-arcade-stage-zero#33222
acmods.net/cars/choro-q/
rarbg.to/torrents.php?search=the grand tour
amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Hyper-212-RR-212E-20PK-R2/dp/B005O65JXI/?tag=logicaincrem-20
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/66313298/Videojuegos/Speed Busters American Highways [GOG]/setup_speed_busters.exe
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/66313298/Videojuegos/xcessivespeed.rar
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/66313298/Videojuegos/Patch - xspd1_41.zip
bundlestars.com/en/game/split-second
mega.nz/#!4U82Va5S!tUDq7Lv7LCw1MfKYQclRPcMeoiX68-XxVKld3UykXDs
forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=137565.0
wat-ovg.liveracers.info/Live/?server=WAT: WTCC
forceracing.forumcommunity.net/?t=47558107
twitter.com/MilestoneItaly/status/824558505365540864
get-good.net/index.php?title=RFactor
blog.codemasters.com/dirt/01/announcing-dirt-4/
blog.us.playstation.com/2017/01/26/dirt-4-coming-to-ps4-this-june-4-things-you-need-to-know/
blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/01/26/4-things-you-need-to-know-about-dirt-4-coming-soon-to-ps4/
redbull.com/en/games/stories/1331841547561/dirt-4-interview-red-bull-games
slideshare.net/ozlael/hable-john-uncharted2-hdr-lighting
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I can understand why, but kinda disappointed as well. Still, the VTCC races are fun as fuck. Here's hoping we can get a clean T1 one day.

If you like longer races there's /ovgt3/ that has 50 minutes races, but you have to ask at the other chan

Meh, I'll pass. I enjoy the 15 mins sprints. I'm just conscious if Bathurst is every picked it'll only be 6 laps or so.

I'd love to do endurance though.

Just in case any bitches, we're supposed to wait until page 13 or so before we make a new general.

Also in case anyone missed it and is trying to buy a wheel, Thrustmaster wheels are on sale on Dell's US site for a while, the TMX and T150 are $150 each, when they're normally $200. Though I think the majority of posters in here are yuros, so that might not help much.

Reminder, here's the link to the Discord. It's the easiest place to find information about VTCC races and other vidya.

discord.gg/jhW5bKB

and I am fucking up with this post thrice now.

Magnet link for Dakar 2017

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:937143616CE529CC9A30E5AE8C71D95296B46E14&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fbt.t-ru.org%2Fann%3Fmagnet&dn=Dakar.%202017.%20%D0%9E%D0%B1%D0%B7%D0%BE%D1%80%20(Eurosport%20HD%2C%20%D0%9C%D0%B0%D1%82%D1%87%20%D0%A2%D0%92%2C%20Feed)%20%5BHDTVRip-AVC%20720p%2050fps%2C%20ENG%2FRUS%2FINT%5D

(OP)

What do you need to be able to participate in VTCC? Do you have to actually buy rfactor?

Also, how did this week's stage go in Dirt Rally monthly event /ogc/?

Can you recommend any simulation and simcade racing vidya with active MP races?

Also
What's wrong with Project CARS?

No, unless you want to support the devs. The $2.50 deal ended a month ago so now it's $25 unfortunately. Consult getgood's rFactor page for yarr links.

iracing probably

In plus ultralite installs are great for when you want to do leagues or test mods because there's basically little other than the mods you put in

Everything. Everything is wrong with it. :^)
It's a little funky for some people who were hoping for a sim and got a little more simcade and it has a heavy nVidia bias where as a lot of people, especially here, have AMD cards instead.

This too is one reason why the Lite versions are great, just download what you want on them without bloat. Check the share thread for halfchan's copy.

here's my newest Crew screenshots

I learned why I felt like my brakes did nothing. My pedals on the G920 are shit and wouldn't activate in Outrun without a shitload of pressure. And now for some reason the G920's wheel is off-center. Great build quality, Logitech. Might take it apart and see if it's the shitty plastic optical encoder going.

Car Mechanic Sim for $5. Thought you guys might like this

humblebundle.com/store/car-mechanic-simulator-2015

It's pretty comfy, and truth be told, is not too bad a way to learn how a car goes together/works under the body for a complete novice like me.

Getting my ass kicked trying to drive Lizard cars for DRT in Type 4. It reads like there's unique dialogue for every place and branching stories in the vignettes, including if you don't win the race the first try. God, this game is cool.

Anyone have any tips for not getting fucked in Lizard cars? The Wisdom is a bit unwieldy.

best racing wheel that doesnt cost a leg

That depends, how much is your leg worth to you?

i need it to kick the jews out, so a lot

So if I offered you a non-force feedback wheel with rubber grips for about $80, you'd be okay with that? amazon.com/Thrustmaster-T80-Officially-Licensed-Racing-Wheel/dp/B00JDYMQ9C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1484616470&sr=8-1&keywords=thrustmaster t80

This is the T80, I think you can find it for cheaper elsewhere, but otherwise it's the bogstandard entry level wheel. This means no motors for force feedback, no clutch, no shifter, and cheap plastic all around. If you want to try out a wheel, this is a cheap starter option and if it works for you, it's good.

The step up from that doubles in MSRP, but it's $150 through Dell for now on their site with a coupon GAMEON15, the T150/TMX: dell.com/en-us/member/shop/accessories/apd/a9168852?c=us&l=en&s=eep&cs=2236&sku=A9168852

The T150 is the same thing but blue and supports PS3 and PS4, while the TMX is Xbone. Both support PC. This adds Force feedback, and paddles to shift with, but it's the same crappy pedals and cheap feeling plastic and rubber grips.

Going up from here is the T300RS which I don't recommend because it's usually $330 - $400 and the Amazon reviews aren't too kind. Logitech offers the G29/G920 at the $400 price point but that's way too fucking expensive for the shit they put in the wheel. It's a quality external build though, I picked one up for $250-$275 and it feels really nice. It still mostly performs well, too, but I'm having some calibration issues right now. When it works, it's great. PCars recognizes it, it took a little more doing but rFactor recognizes it, I even have it hooked up to PCSX-R. The drivers are ass though.

Hori also apparently offers a wheel, but I don't know if it's shit or not. Hori sticks are okay but that doesn't necessarly mean their wheels are good.

All of this is assuming buying brand new, you can probably find a G27 used which I would recommend over getting almost anything else here. It'd come with a shifter, 3-pedals, and a decent wheel. Used to be like $250 standard and then they updated firmwares and made an Xbone version, removed the shifter and decided "This is good enough for a new version, let's charge $400 for it."

There's also the Driving Force GT which works on PC. It's just a step below the G27. I've read that it's also alright, and I'm seeing some ebay listings max out at $200, so it's relatively inexpensive.

what game?

rFactor

ahhh ok. yeah that shit looks like a fuckin dreamcast title. no thanks.

My local game store has a copy of Superman 64 for $25. BTW does anyone have good PCSX settings for TXR3? It gets some serious lag. Why can't Genki just re-release a fixed version of TXR3, ignoring licenses

Sorry you missed out on the several month long deal to get it for $2.50, but there's no reason to be this buttflustered over it. Besides, if you could read, you'd be able to find a pirated copy in the OP.

You don't belong.

Maybe you should try not being such a corporate shill some time. Sucking all that cock isn't healthy.

looks like we got a shill here boys

How the hell is he a shill? He's advocating Piracy too?

wew, corporate shill telling you where to find the free copy and how to not pay a dime. Totally shilling.

Even if admitting to piracy, defending jew practices is still pretty jewish

But that's true. Digital media doesn't age physically so why should it drop in price over time? Also supply and demand.

by that logic, PONG should be the most expensive game in history

Of course, why do you think so many people have to re-implement it? It'd be too expensive otherwise.

Actually, you should really say that Spacewar! is the most expensive game, since you need a radar to play it as well as Tennis for Two, but Spacewar! is older and probably cost a bit more to develop.

Point is, quit your bitching, there are options that have been provided to you. Complaining about the price of something instead of using the free option just means you're retarded, regardless of how jewish the practice is to you.

Sage for now being massively offtopic.

I never said anything about not pirating. I'm saying you shouldn't have to pay as much (if you were to buy the game) as you would on release because the game has a deader community, fewer players, and has a fucking sequel. You're a cuck for defending that bullshit, user. There's a reason most games lower their price over time, because they just aren't worth as much as they are on release. Your autistic simulator is no exception.

There's this bullshit claim about digital media that don't apply to almost literally everything else despite being a commodity, that for some reason it should always be cheaper with time. Would you expect a supermarket to sell apples for cheaper because they've been selling apples for a long time? Shoes from a shoe store? Why do you expect this, and think all games should adhere to it? Moreover, why do you think it hasn't gotten a price drop? Because it still stands up. Whether or not you agree is irrelevant as the pricing and the amount of people who still desire to play it show it was worth $25 to most people, or if they were paying attention, they could get it on sale or in that bundle. On top of that, it's still cheaper than rFactor 2 and relatively accurate such that it's fine to play.

No, you're just a cheapfuck who wants something for nothing. Go get a job. If you think games aren't worth buying, go find a different hobby.

No more offtopic shit, I just updated BallisticNG and holy shit it works with my wheel even better. If anyone hasn't gotten it yet, go get it. It's free on Steam with multiplayer. It's a joy to race in first person mode.

is there any way to use licensed car mods (again) yet?

feels bad man

is it a mobile game?

This is so likely

Where have you been all my life?
Who knew stomping faggots on the highway in your AE86 would be so fun?
Who needs turbos or big engines when you've got meme magic

what hardware is it on? lots of arcade games having been getting dumped and released lately.

No it's an arcade game;
initiald.sega.jp/inid0/
twitter.com/SEGA_OFFICIAL/status/821262690244931584

wheres the gameplay

Lets hope it gets put on console like the last few did.

It's just an teaser trailer/announcement trailer for location tests, expect gameplay footage on the 18th or 19th.

That game is top tier. I hope you're playing the PAL version because the US version is broken and is unbeatable.

Wait what?
This is the first time I've heard of it. I'm too lazy to get and install a PAL BIOS since all my other games are US as well.
Can you elaborate to as why the US version is unbeatable?

Did someone ask a monkey paw to bring back arcade-style racing games? We get a new TXR game but it's trapped on mobile. A new Initial D comes out that's litteirally an Arcade Racing game. BalisticNG is Wipeout in all but name. What the fuck is going on?

Checked
Please tell me it only took till now to get to TXR3 and you've tried out other games in the series. I personally think it's the most flawed of the games while also the most brilliant. Managing engine temp and having a Turbo over Boost instead of Nos is great but it's marred by the fact the cars all seem to drive like they're on ice. The customization from the engine swaps to the aero is spot on but the paint feature is a bit clunky. Also there's the fact that you can't complete the game regularly due to a major bug. I really wish that Genki would re-release a fixed version or a PC version that's easily moded

I'm currently cheating a Cappuccino to see what I can swap into it.

Wait, is the PAL version fixed? And in English? There doesn't seem to any info about a European version, let alone a fixed version. Is it a case like Kaido Racer 2 where the menu's are all in english but the flavor and explanation text are in moonrunes?

Phew. I was worried there for a mom-

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

No, nope, sorry. I just got into it and I have no previous experience with the series.
What other games in the series are good and work well on a ps2 emulator?
Is TXR3 not a good place to start? I'm really enjoying it, tho I don't think I'm that far in, I just beat Dejected Angel.

Seems like it never got released in Europe.

Not him but two points. 1. I don't think PCSX2 recognizes region lock. Hell I'm not even sure it's a thing on the PS2. And besides, I don't know where you got your bios but I got mine in a big pack so I already have a PAL bios.
Also the game isn't super busted. It's just one Wandere in particular that's broken (needs absurd amounts of money you can't obtain since they changed the money scale from Yen to Freedom bucks. You could game Genie yourself the money, race them and then beat the final boss to get a NG+, which also unlocks engine swapping on all cars. At least you have 598 other racers to beat.

It's a fine entry point if you aren't casual as the game can and will push your shit in time to time. Just recognize that it has that bug also. Personally I'd say the best starting point would be Import Tuner Challange on the Xbox 360 as it's the easiest and probably the best of the main series in terms of driving physics and relatively easy. But it's severely lacking car selection (though damn if they aren't as detailed as Forzavista mode cars) and you could probably put it off.
Kaido Battle 2:Chain Reaction has the best physics I've ever felt, even outside of the series (which sadly tends to be bad). But the Pal Region version is missing Lotus's and DeTomaso and some rims. At least the Jap version is basically full English.
TXR:Drift 2 (the game I posted) is probably the best of all the games they released on the PS2 and it emulates great now a days (the vertical lines can be tinkered away). And you can cheese any drift events with FF cars.
There's also Zero which probably benefits the most from PCSX2 as it's not a very pretty game native. Haven't tried it though, it's fine otherwise. Probably the most "pure" of the PS2 TXR games.
For brevity's sake there's also C1 Racing Championship which has the best customization (an user all the way back on /ovg/ posted a screenshot of a Suzuki carry with a cow in the bed and said it had a rotory swap. But it's ALL in moon runes (though a translation guide exists so if you want you can get through it.
There's also Street Supremacy on PSP which trades out free roaming in favor of running your own team. Haven't tried it either,probably easy enough to emulate.

Tl;dr

I suppose you can read japanese because all I see is incomprehensible drwings

What's the best F1 game? I don't think I can run the latest one..

I guess there'll be some while before I encounter the broken wanderer then. That's honestly a pretty retarded miss on the developers part.

Anyway, thanks for such a detailed post I'll screencap it for future reference

Also, when do you unlock engine swaps? I'm getting the feeling that an in-line 4 powered solely by meme magic won't cut it anymore.

(checked)
F1 Challenge

F1 Challenge '99-'02 to be precise

F1 2013, but it was taken down recently because of contracts reason. Get a torrent of it if you can

How much of a pain is it to get the wheel working in it?

Is it better than 14 and 15? Why? I'm planning to pirate it anyways.

Don't remember, it's been over a decade since I last played it.

Well actually there's a couple on my library, Motor Rock and BlazeRush, but still.

try tabletop racing

BlazeRush is okay, but I was never a fan of the top-down racing games. You can also emulate Kirby's Air Ride, that's still fun.

Automobilista, or if you're really on a toaster and strapped for cash then rFactor

I would say I'm on a total toaster more like lower mid range. Does Automobilista have a career mode? Is it any good? How does it compare to AC in terms of driving physics?

You can definitely run both, this is what I ran them on.

It's more like a season mode, so instead of unlocking new classes of cars you emulate various BRHUEHUE seasons.

Dated, but still good. If you want TECHNOLOGY with your physics, rFactor 2 is as good if not better than AC's physics.

Thanks, I wrote the page for TXR on our wiki (that no one visits)
ogc.wikia.com/wiki/Tokyo_Xtreme_Racer

The engine swaps unlock at 1242 miles (or NG+). It will take a while but you can finish a race (win or lose doesn't matter) and when it gives you the option to return to driving, pop out your disk, select yes and it will remain in auto pilot. Put it on turbo and about 5 hours later you can swap to your hearts content. Though Swaps are expensive keep that in mind.

carmageddon.com/comment/88091#comment-88091
Majority of Mad Mike's V8s are back again, for Max Damage this time.

So update, I got the mileage for the Cappuccino, put in a Flat 6 for that godlike torque and 6th gear and it fucking hauls. Pretty stable too, just need to dial in the transmission now. BTW does anyone know the limit of cars you can have in your garage? Maybe how does the sub garage work? Either way the Cappuccino is wicked and I think I'll start using it regularly.

Nice, shame it's not in one large pack. Or on a decent download site.
We're never getting a Quarantine or Interstate/Vigilante 8 game again

At least we know The Driver is You

Uploading all of them in one handy package just for you.

I've already got the ones I wanted (so don't worry). Unless of course you're Mad Mike in which case, good job including the Quarantine cab

AND YOU DRAG MY COAT TAILS MY COAT TAILS DOWN

BallisticNG isn't cars. You can get Wipeout racers though. Are you thinking of BeamNG?

OH SHIT

You're right.. why do they have such similar names…

indie devs aren't really original

TRIPLE CAUTION, TRIPLE CAUTION, STAY CENTER

Are any of the big sedans worth buying?
The idea of cruising the highways in a big luxury boat seems really comfy to me.

Anything is viable, though how much you have to work to make it viable is different. The thing with sedans is they have loads of power starting out, but can hardly turn due to the weight. I'd say look for one that has 280ps and relatively low weight, the chaser makes for a good choice. Once you have it focus more on weight reduction over power. I've never played with them outside of the first Lancer I began the game with, but I think they do offer better stability over sports cars at speed.

This might be off topic but it might interest some people here. Galactic Junk League, F2P (though it seems reserved to cosmetic stuff at the moment), build your own ship, fight other ships. Not really racing but it's damn good so I though I'd share.

hey
guys
rotary engines

youtube.com/watch?v=W-8SOwxQw50

the new 2017 cars look like cyberpunk interpretations of group B

"muh doritos"

Why are all WRC cars hatchbacks these days?

They are terrible ideas and all the gaskets break down to the point they mix fluids to the point they become more inefficient than a lawn mower.

That's just wrong on every level.

They've found that hatchbacks control the best around turns, I think. So now that they've all got a similar body and shit, it's kinda samey.

Shit, I knew they were bad but not this bad.

YARIS IN DIRT RALLY NEVER EVER

that's '99 impreza level of chirpring

I'm sure it'll be in DiRT Rally 2.

s-stop it user, t-that's not true

It will be in Forza Rally thanks to the nice Microsoft sticker on the bonnet

Probably going to be in the next FH3 car pack.

I think Codies are done with the first Dirt Rally anyway and the team has moved on as there has been no DLC for nearly a year. I know they couldn't get Toyota for the original release because Toyota wanted way too much money for their budget, even though they had Toyota/Scion in Dirt 3/Showdown.

But then they haven't really said what they are doing. There's a small team working on a Micro Machines game for PS4/Xbone/PC that's probably just a licenced mash of Toybox Turbos and what they added to the mobile game. But there's been no word what the DIRT, GRID or Ex-Evolution teams are working on yet.

holy shit are you me? i just tried TXR3 recently for the first time and am severely addicted to it because i can't seem to get myself to wait for my turn to play Maximum Tune 5 DX.
I feel like I cheated Dejected Angel when i beat him recently after so many losses against him. Dumbass ran on a van at startup

I tried Zero before 3 recently and I feel like the AI of the drivers even the NPCs are quite hectic. It's frustrating but kind of fun.
Too bad TXR3 doesnt do that anymore. Non Licensed cars turned me off on Zero but I might return to it not too soon

also I play it with Maximum Tune OST playing in the background

G27 get, 150 euroloos for the whole set. Real nice.

not bad

I went to the Initial D board, they said Arcade Belgium released a list, it all seems based on the reboot movie with no Eurobeat.

What the point if there is no eurobeat?
Will both the game and the reboot not have eurobeat?

It doesn't make any sense

I love this.

That's not a bad price and you actually get a shifter. Now you can create a league of racers who use only wheels in BallisticNG.

What games have you tried out? I'm going to try NFSU2 later today to see if it works with the G920 and have comfy arcade night driving.

Don't feel too bad about about Dejected Angel, you basicly need to block them every chance possible if you want to win.

While I haven't played much of Zero, I do know it's a much quicker game then 3. Also while the cars aren't licensed you know exactly what they are and it's near as makes no difference.

Copyright issues? Maybe they couldn't find anyone to make the ost? Perhaps they are not enlighted to the memes?

It works but tbh PS2 NFS games feel wrong with a wheel.

I was going to play the PC version.

myrone is such a good artist, it's a shame drift stage is still never ever.

Glorious webm

By PS2 NFS games I meant the 4 copypastas from the PS2 era.
NFSU,U2,MW and C

Hell fucking yeah.

Oh fuck, my bad. That would make way more sense. Still want to try it out, I am usually a fan of how games control with a wheel. If only I could play Pod Racing with a wheel. A real shame that the PC version is closer to the N64 version instead of the Dreamcast version. Higher draw distances really help that game.

That doesn't seem like it should work but great that it does. You can also get it working with MAME and emulate the arcade releases of Ridge Racer/Rave Racer.

Fuckssake.

The ballisticNG boys are starting a patreon, game will stay free.

>steamcommunity.com/games/473770/announcements/detail/272866376017245493
>patreon.com/Neognosis

My only experience with the racing genre was trackmania nations, back when it was popular. I mostly enjoyed playing online on servers with short tracks, trying to beat other players' times by mere milliseconds. That was fun.

Anyways, I want to broaden my horizons when it comes to racing, but I currently only have a laptop with intel hd 3000 igpu. Recommend me some good older racing titles, the more varied the better.

Try rFactor, a sim from 2007 We also race it online, it has a crapload of mods so you will find something that suits you
For simcades maybe emulate Gran Turismo 2?

get PPSSPP, download all sorts of racing games. PPSSPP runs amazingly on fuckin anything larger than a cellphone, as well as most high tier smart phones.

Burnout Legends is a MUST. Its basically good ol Burnout 3 from PS2, but with some extra cars.
Gran Turismo too obviously.

This is awesome!

Speaking of GT.

Anyone remade Eboladrome in GT6 yet?

Loaded it up in wine (forgot to mention that I use linux), works like a charm.
Seems I'm not winning any races anytime soon.

I remember this game, a classmate had it back in elementary. Already have ps1 emulation set up, so might as well.

I'll compile the psp libretro core and give it a try later.

Ordered a T150 to compare to my G920, hopefully I can give some concrete answers for the two most current wheels I can think of that fits most budgets.

About to test in various games, but initial impression is the T150 is not as cheap feeling as I feared. It is definitely plastic and rubber grips, and definitely no where near the comfort of the G920. It's also angled a bit more perpendicular to the ground. And the mount doesn't sit quite right with my desk thanks to a metal bar on the desk being in the way. G920 doesn't suffer from this problem. Also the cords come out of the back of the T150, and the bottom of the G920. The G920 is a bit better designed for my desk space with all that in mind. Otherwise, both have metal paddles for SMT, which I was surprised about. I thought the entire thing was plastic. The floor pedals are totally plastic and don't take up nearly the same amount of room as the G920's set, thanks to lacking a clutch.

Ridge Racer Type 4 using PCSX-R with PGXP. It looks great and runs well. If you have slow down, overclock the PSX CPU and it will run fullspeed.

Here's a list of old PC games I used to play as a kid.
-Hard Truck 2(euro truck sim before euro truck sim was a thing only buggier and made bbby slavs)
-Rally Championship 2000 and sequel Rally -Championship Xtreme
-Speed Busters American highways
-Excessive Speed (by Chaos Works)
-Speed Demons
-The old Need for speed highstakes and hot pursuit 2

Thrustmaster software is way fucking nicer than the Logitech stuff, I get way more control than on the G920. It installed way easier and had the most current firmware already installed. The only thing it lacks in comparison is mapping keyboard inputs to buttons on the wheel, but joy2key can solve that, I'm sure. Now to try out the game I'm sure everyone's been waiting for: Ridge Racer Type 4. This is a FFB-less environment to see if the wheel is particularly accurate and how well it works out of the box before any motors get involved. After that, I'll try Outrun 2006 with the hacked on FFB, and finally PCars which has FFB programmed in normally.

I don't know if I've ever played that, but I do still own on both PC and PSX versions of the original Hot Pursuit. That game is a ton of fun, still.

5 Races of Type 4: The wheel is far easier to turn without FFB in games, and doesn't have centering spring force automatically on. You can see that in the last picture, since that turns it on in a game by game basis. Choosing the first option there makes it on all the time. Turning it on to 20% does in fact help a bit since the wheel will snap back, but not as smoothly as the G920, I felt. Overall, it didn't feel like I had the same level of control either. I needed to adjust the rotation slider down to about 270 degrees to remove a massive deadzone and even then, I think my T150 is a little off of center. I was sliding all over the road when I thought I should be straight on the wheel and kept needing to correct. Never felt this problem with the G920, but it has been a while since I ran the Antilope around Phantomile.

I'd OBS it and upload as webm but I'm retarded and can't into OBS.

Next test is Outrun with the ORFXT mods that enable FFB.

enjoy TXR3
planning on buying G29 with shifter for no apparent reason
help

Holy shit, is this why people like Outrun? Much better control than the G920, I could actually drift and shit. The FFB was set to fairly weak and it was noticeably weaker than the G920. I still got the basic bumps and engine feel though, which was really nice. But goddamn, actually being able to control the car with the T150 was nice. I took Clarissa down the easiest path in the GF Request mode (since I'm shit at the game) in some B-class car and did it handly, coming out with an A rank. My previous record had been cheating with an OR Class car and barely getting an A or mostly B's. Sometimes not even finishing.

I want to blame the G920's configuration and maybe I could tweak it but the lack of available software to do so really hampers that. The menu in Outrun is fucked since the T150 has weird buttons compared to an Xbox 360 controller. Shift down is button 0: A, Shift up is button 2: B, and so forth. But actually driving was a blast. It was looking for a combined pedal output but I adjusted it to have separate axis for acceleration and brake and it worked beautifully. The only thing is that I couldn't hit tab to switch to OR class. It doesn't seem to work for some reason, worked fine with the G920.

Last but not least: PCars.

You could do that, or you could buy a T150/TMX for far less, though their shifter and pedals being bought after the fact make it almost as expensive as a G29 anyhow. What do you want to use it on? PC and any new console like PS4 or Xbone?

PCars, the only recent game I own that uses FFB. And boy does it work pretty well. I just did some simple kart racing because I'm shit at actual racing and the motors are plenty powerful in this thing. Shifting with the paddles feels great, I actually like them better than the G920's. Overall control was comparable, I don't know that I could say one was more accurate than the other. The pedals were responsive as well. PCars seems to be a draw.

Overall, for generic emulator on PC without FFB, I think I'd have to give it to the G920. Small test size and could be overturned immediately but this is a rudimentary test anyhow. The T150 never felt as smooth to control. As soon as we get to a game that supports wheels officially, like Outrun, the T150 immediately redeems itself. Definitely a good budget FFB wheel if you plan on playing that or PCars. Certainly doesn't feel cheap and I don't feel bad manhandling it if I have to turn hard. If you can get one for $150 and don't care about missing a clutch or shifter, this is a very good FFB wheel. If a clutch/shifter is important, I'd suggest finding a used G27, since that's mostly the same parts as the G920 and has better driver support and will most likely be cheaper. Even better, you can probably get GIMX and use the G27 as if it were a G29 or G920 on new consoles if you have such things.

I also own rFactor, so I can give that a go and some impressions if anyone cares. Otherwise I'll fuck off now and go back to doing whatever.

for PC and PCSX2 mostly
I could use it to play Gran Turismo 6 on PS3 if ill buy it
I might get a PS4 for the new Gran Turismo.

Forza Horizon 3 is being talked about here consistently, too bad i didnt buy it when it was sale last month

Unless you have Windows 10 or an Xbone, not like you're missing out much with FH3. It's a fine game, but you need specific consoles that personally aren't worth it to me.

I'd say look for a deal on a used G27. The G27 also works on the PS3, the G29 is not 100% compatible with the PS3. It gets recognized as a Driving Force instead and you lose some of the features, I think.

I'd advise against it but feel free to do what you like. Personally, I don't think GT Sport would be worth getting the PS4 over unless you also knew of some other games that you would then play. Otherwise, GT Sport doesn't look too great, all things considered.

I still recommend a T150 as a cheap option if you don't want a shifter since it has a PS3 and PS4 mode, and works pretty well and is on sale currently for $150 from Dell's online store in burgerland. Unless you can't stand rubber grips and plastic handles compared to steel frame and leather, it's way cheaper and performs great.

What's your budget for a wheel, anyhow? I assume like $300-400 if you're looking at a G29.

Turn on ABS in rFactor, if you don't have a wheel and a good pedal feel it's hard to drive without.

CMR2005 (or 3 and 4, but since everything is copypasted between the 3 games might as well pick the latest)

i found someone selling g29 with shifter for $310 new
it seems like a good deal

Ya know, now that I seen haydon killing that photographer today in WRC I got too thinking. Spectators in racing games I think are handled the worst.

There's no need for racing games to get the 18+ rating associated with plowing through spectators. If you want to destroy peds, load up GTA.

oh my god speed busters and excessive speed, first time I have seen these two mentioned in forever

I'm still upset over this.

Is there anything similar to the original GRID?

Car manufacturers have insanely strict rules about it as well. I think only some of the James Bond games and NFS The Run are the only games with licenced cars being allowed to do stuff like that and both had to deal with an insane amount of red tape and more expensive car rights to pull it off.

Also goddamn WRC is in a sorry state. Fans were apparently yelling at the photographer to get ot and there was little to no stewarding in that section. The Photographer contributed to his own demise but he never should have been allowed in there in the first place.

I might as well post the source. Also, a guy got a Initial D arcade set up, and talks about how he got a "server box up" for link play.

idforums.net/index.php?s=291865156c950778204e40e6dd6f087f&showtopic=48485&st=50

arcadebelgium.net/t5617-initial-d-arcade-stage-zero#33222

but muh group b thrill of cars going through waves of spectators

This seems just so relevant. At least there's the hope enough gooks download it that they make a proper one. Then we'll have to hold our breaths it makes it to PC and not as a Spybot10 only release.

Nearly forgot Japan only to boot.

Dude, you know, if we really want, we can make it happen…

I don't understand your usage of huehuehue.
t. br

Nigga your PC isn't toaster-tier. You don't have the best parts but you basically got yourself one of the highest end cpus of 2012 (intel's performance doesn't actually change a lot between different i5 and i7 models unless the i7 is an extreme edition, you only really see a performance decrease with the core i3s which are 2-core and pentiums plus intel hasn't really upped their performance in recent times) plus a midrange gpu from only a generation behind.

You have to be a special kind of stupid to stand on the outside of a corner without any sort of protection, in a rally that's knows for catching people off.

not everybody can be the lucky puppy

You can get that off of Amazon for almost the same price. I don't think it's worth it but it will work fine and should come with the standard 2 year warranty in case it doesn't work right.

this is cool

Also, if you got Horizon 3 base edition on sale, the car pack DLC is -40% if you have Gold.

another crash this time no one was injured, only meeke's pride.

Welp, guess we're not going above 380BHP next year.

Thanks, photographer who ignored everyone around him.

Is wrc+ worth it you think>?

is it worth it?

forgot link
acmods.net/cars/choro-q/

It's quite cool, but unfortunately held back by the little live coverage (only a couple of stages per rally) and the fact most of the goodies (like on boards) are available after the stages.

Depends on how they handle tbh. But making a simple AC choro series would be lulzy

anyone got a torrent link for the new episode of the grand tour?

rarbg.to/torrents.php?search=the grand tour

Does anyone have a TDU2 torrent that has seeders? This one got stalled 55% in after a day.

Kickass.cd/TPB always seem to have the file missing when I try to download from them. Extra Torrents got cleared out too. Thankfully I got a private tracker to get it from.

So anything coming up in terms of games?

You have a few on tpb. This one works for sure, or at least it did for me:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:8b6833c3a0980b048f2aa94f12e5cfd7970d5288&dn=Test.Drive.Unlimited.2.Repack-R.G.Mechanics&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fpublic.popcorn-tracker.org%3A6969

God damn, The Crew can get comfy as fuck with a wheel and setting it properly. At least until you crash to a car that literally appears out of nowhere, or you notice the feet in-game and they don't move at all, after which it just starts to bother. Is there any way to disable the the "should switch gear" animation? I switch my gears whenever I want to.

I find that, while it's comfy, it's physics make it weird as fuck to do anything right unless I'm playing it with a controller. Maybe I'm too used to doing a shitton of corrections constantly with the thumbstick.

Wow. At least Slipstream is a real Ridge Racer game.

Nothing but misery now that FH3 is out. Apparently Codemasters is making a new Micro Machines? Drift Stage is still in Alpha testing and I refuse to buy it until I know I can use a wheel in it for maximum comfy. Nothing else really catches my eye but I'm not looking terribly hard. If you meant VTCC stuff, no clue.

Question though, do we have a share account for rfactorcentral.com? They want you to make an account to download mods. If we don't, I might try to make one using a burner email and have it set up so we can all download mods for rFactor from there.

And Toybox Turbos was MMV4 disguised as MMV3. Hope this isn't going to be the same.

Protip: turn force feedback down.

I've never played a MM game, am I a bad person?

>I've never played a MM game, am I a bad person?
No, not really. There's a Windows version of V3 too, apparently.

Neat. I should try out some of them. I know they're recommended for fun multiplayer.

What the fuck is this?

Nevermind me, I meant manual clutch instead of automatic. I should know what I'm talking about.

With jews, you lose, I guess.

Also did learn the biggest drawback to Thrustmaster: Lack of profiling software means I have to change the wheel rotation for every game. So I get more personal control but fuck is it tedious to switch for every application.

No, that's how we get faggot shit nanny states and not only take away people's freedoms because you removed their choice because "it's bad for them" like a nanny, you're stopping idiots from getting naturally selected. Don't let him stand in the middle of the track because that would shit on the race, but if he wants to be right besides and get hit by a fast car it's his choice.

I think they've stated on their blog somewhere that they're working on their engine some more since they're not satisfied with the current map size limit.

1nsane
Hard truck
Wipeout series
Grid (no idea if it'll run on a toaster laptop, but it's a 10 year old game so it's possible)
Need for Speed Underground 1 and 2 for arcade racing
Need for Speed hot pursuit 1 and 2
The Need for Speed games (they're in that weird state of old games sold as sims that are actually heavily arcade but when they came out they were basically the most realistic thing people could come up with)

That's more or less how it works in real life. If your tires don't have traction, they sure as fuck aren't going to be able to make your car turn. And they do it just right in that it's not like those shitty "simulators" where once you lose traction your car actually speeds up as it drifts into a wall.

BeamNG got a thousand times more enjoyable.

I loved colin mcrae rally '06. I pulled that game out recently and had a blast.

Are there any good rally games out nowadays? i played colin mcrae's dirt back in the day but it was pretty meh.

how so?

By using a wheel.

Dirt Rally is sim enough without going all out like RBR with mods does.

oh.well shit. I just booted it up to see if there was anything new and the only thing is that it CHUGS LIKE SHIT RIGHT NOW. I'mma check my drivers cause The Crew was actin fucky a few min ago too
-

That areo gets my dick hard.

I'm going to say one thing. TDU2 didn't disappoint me, it rather surprised me. It's got better physics than The Crew for sure.

Yeah, TDU2s downfall was everything else. It was pretty enjoyable in small doses.

Just waiting for FH3 to not suck dick on PC then.

Maybe your skeleton will get to play that non-fucked up version,

Still haven't upgraded to win10. The Crew satisfies my comfy driving and mountain offroading good enough.
wew. This fucking guy missed every WRC except the last three but gets all the other classes. cool to see the difference in speed between classes.

That being said, inviting friends to your house was pretty neat.

Jesus christ Finland is mixture of fun and horrible suffering. How did it go for you?

I did the Delta with the C4 and fucked it bad. One wheel on the rim, one door gone and front end basically flattened. Doesn't help I'm almost paralytically drunk.

MKX eventually got fixed despite being as broken as Horizon 3 at launch so I still have hope. It may take years, though.

It won't take years for anything, they'll just pump out a trillion dlc packs and 1 year and a few months from now they'll just release forza horizon 4. Forza horizon 2 came out in 2014, it's a game by a developer microsoft got by the balls, once it's released patches are nothing but new paid DLC.

Good .webm tho

I get the feeling H2 only got content updates because the game just works. Horizon 3 on xbone works perfectly.

Besides, H3 got several PC-centric updates and it runs well enough on my machine which is in no single way high end. Speccy related, except the GPU is 8 GB not 4.

Nigga get a fan, here
amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Hyper-212-RR-212E-20PK-R2/dp/B005O65JXI/?tag=logicaincrem-20
Cheap as dirt and actually works
Speaking of I think I'm about to kill my 3rd or 4th hard drive soon.

It's a laptop, so that would only work with some real mcgyver modding. It's standing on a cooling stand, and the temperatures never go too high (as in, not a single thermal shutdown, ever) so I'm not worried.

Your options are
1.) Get one of those those weird vent mounted laptop fans from Amazon and pray that helps
2.) Clean the fucking dust off those heat sinks
3.) Get a laptop with better cooling

Or 4.) Don't get a laptop

question to anyone with IDSS: why the fuck does main screen always bug if you don't skip the intro? or could it be because of my modded PS2.

I don't mind, my temperatures are nowhere near the point of damaging anything.
Dust is off, paste is like three month old arctic silver, and perhaps I could set the fans to run at full speed at all times to help. But it's a non issue really.

Nice McRae name cut.

The guy died, let him stay dead.

The point of the Colin McRae Rally games was that the man helped developing them.
As it turns out, fatal helicopter crashes kinda hinder your ability to advise on racing games. Unless you're some sort of zombie.

Maybe game designers used a ouija board to communicate with him

They tried that, but there was a glitch and they ended up communicating with Ken Block.

Thus came DiRT 2 and 3.

What if McRae was reincarnated as Ken Block due to some curse?

Do WRC+ get special on boards though? I see WRCyoutube will upload on boards and take requests for on boards. Massively annoying relying on the youtube kids to upload their videos.

Yeah, you get a lot of onboards for every special stage and a dual player mode (for good internets) to like compare two drivers and shit.

That being said, it's all post-race so it's not like you can follow your favorite driver in real time POV.

Post race doesn't really matter tbh. Timezones make it too annoying to watch live. Past like 8 years I've been watching each rally a couple days after they happened, but now since these big changes for 2017 was thinking of trying out near live coverage.

Anyone here still play the arcade versions of san francisco rush?
Here's some test footage.

Fair enough, in that case the onboards will probably satisfy you. There's also a backlog of onboards available, back to like 2015 or 2014.

I remember reading that WRC+ was supposed to have a historic video section but couldn't find it. Perhaps it was scrapped along the way.

SF Rush is great.

Jesus christ how horrifying

The producer of DIRT Rally is a real life co-driver on the British circuit and he brought in a lot of drivers to give advice on the game so they do have a lot of drivers giving authentic advice during development alongside emails from a lot of professional drivers during early access.

I think they will survive without Ken Block.

When I started Dirt 3 I got it for free I got vietnam flaschbacks when all the "muh monster, muh ken block, muh gymkhana" started slapping me in the face.

Everytime I play DiRT 2 I get mildly upset when the AIs start doing their shit quips in the middle of races.

Also, I don't miss old IS installers but god damn that brought some memories.

The worst part about playing NFS:Carbon on PC is when the gang leaders start laughing smugly every time you touch a thing.
Doesn't help that they are ugly and really sore losers.

If you put knob as your steering knob you will never crash, in fear of being homosexual.

sexy skybox dithering(?)

What's so funny is that they do their thing of looking back and laughing, even though you are 10 seconds in front and just hit a breakable sign.

tbh I would just play with the plastic knob when stuck in traffic, no homo

Where, nigger?

that effect in the clouds, I don't think it's actually dithering though. although it looked like when I took the screenshot but looking at it after posting it's probably not that.

Actually, that really is dithering, not particularly good dithering but dithering. Those clouds are in 16 bit color and dithering.
What game is it anyway? Dithering does make sense on digital displays, because the pixels might be so small your eye will just fuse neighboring ones, or it might be so subtle most people will not figure it out.

Ford Racing 2

It emulates really well damn nigga, i thought it was just an old PC game with poor widescreen scaling.
So it was made for analog displays since the ps2 only has analog video output.

It's an old PC game with poor widescreen scaling.

Also, nice TIR logo. Considering the track is from TIR it's logical I guess.

200 MB don't exactly buy you the best

I hope DiRT Rally 2 will be like that.

Good ol taxes came in early for once. Not sure whether I should get a wheel or buy a new graphics card. I'm still rocking the 7970 with a good OC. Was planning on getting the RX 480 GTR but then a nice wheel also sounds comfy.
yaris>i20>fiesta>c3 for street mode sounds

Yaris has a demonic sound.

It's the sound of makkinen's pent up rage from the 2001 WRC season. If haven't seen it go watch it, when you have the time. It's a hilarious mix of luck and fuck ups all around and it ends with Burns out on top.

It's my dream car.

Is that why is running all fin team? Trying to run a monopoly on the WRC circut for years to come.

late reply but I have both of those on my dropbox if you want them.

So you guys are telling me i played ages of FR2 on ps2 because some faggot consoletard recommended me a multiplat?

Post links pls

The PC version is a bit of a bitch to run, requires a community patch to not crash when you launch it because the music playing bit is broken. So maybe the PS2 version isn't all that bad after all.

Or perhaps the dude who told you about FR2 didn't even know it had a PC version.

It's on isozone btw

more like san fran "rush to get to a safe space when someone mentions president trump"

install GTA

Does anyone know of more gems like this?

GTA is one of my favorite series and i already played all games save for the shit ones to death. gta 4 is garbage and the only good to come out of it were the shooting mechanics, gta 5 is shit in every way possible

Respectfully disagree, I really enjoyed IV. Good use of physics, driving mechanics are incredibly satisfying (and somewhat sim-y), and I rather enjoyed the sad, wintery theme it had.

V is more of a mixed bag. Driving mechanics would be passable if it wasn't for the inexplicable power cut when you start sliding and the map is good but the cops are frustratingly clairvoyant.

reported for bullying

speed busters gog executable
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/66313298/Videojuegos/Speed Busters American Highways [GOG]/setup_speed_busters.exe

some notes, probably doesn't play well with modern windows OS and has fixed resolutions to pick from. Might wanna dual boot linux if you wanna play this seriously.

excessive speed
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/66313298/Videojuegos/xcessivespeed.rar
patch
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/66313298/Videojuegos/Patch - xspd1_41.zip

you're gonna need to find a program to convert the .img to .iso so windows can run it, havent played it in a while but it has a really cool futuristic aesthetic.

FTFY

If you don't mind 30FPS. Speed Devils on Dreamcast is a more polished version of Speed Busters.

If you want supercars handling like absolute madness, buy Forza Horizon 3.

The problem is that the sense of speed is godawful, so going 30 feels like 15, etc

so driving around in a supercar feels like you're driving around on a fucking bicycle. It's pure dogshit.

Sometimes i really want to fuck around in the crew again some more but then i remember how the driving physics are shit and i just lose it.

Seems interesting, I'll watch it later tonight.

How did Monte Carlo go this time in Dirt Rally monthly /ogc/? It was rather easy this time around wasn't it? Good weather, not that many snow or ice tracks.

I just outright went ahead and copied some of Porkhammer's configurations for Mini. Helped tremendously. And it also helped when I realized that I had to approach 3-corners on second gear, almost identically to 1- and 2-corners. And you could not go slow enough when approaching headpins on downhill. That fucking thing outright refuses to stop on snow or ice.

Ford Racing 2 invented the GT4 HUD

split/second on sale
bundlestars.com/en/game/split-second

Man that's fucking crazy. Anything that could go wrong did go wrong and then some more. Got more interesting racing related stuff like this? Sage for not being vidya related.

(heiled)
Live!

You could've at least bumped with the new trailer for the Genki mobile game.

Literally a runner but with cars. Jesus.
Japan's game industry is going down the shitter even faster than the western one.

Well yeah, if you hammer a nail enough eventually you're just hammering the wood. The western game industry is so far down the shitter it's really hard to make it worse.

I mean Japan is worse

It's mostly because that's where the money is for them. Why do you think Konami jerks off over Pachinko? They don't give a shit about markets outside of their own, as an example their typically lack-luster PC ports.

Such is life. One day all we might get is phone games.

careful what you wish for

And the thumbnail gave it away. God fucking damnit.

I never really cared much for Crazy Taxi. Was fun to play at the arcade from time to time but only when my friend was there so we could compete with cash/score.

Is there a working template for the VTCC F30? The one that comes with the mod has some parts in the wrong locations.

I haven't actually dived into the templates, figuring we aren't going to bother with custom skins for this series (as they make downloading content for newcomers longer than it should be for a fun series).

But perhaps this particular car has genstrings you need to match.

Also, triple check you're making a skin for the F10 and not the E92 GTS.

And taking a wild stab, if you're the guy that was running a BMW at Barbagallo, it's an E92.

If you're talking about the green/yellow bmw, that's me.

Don't missing skins just show up as the default?

That's only if you're making a new .veh, isn't it? I'm just dropping a .dds in the skins folder.

That was me, but I'm using the other one right now

Just sent my request for the Xbox club.
Why is it /ogc/ if it's Auto? Shouldn't it be /agc/?

Because >>>/o/

Usually making new skins means making a new veh, but I see your point.

I'll check

So, yeah, the template is wrong. The built-in F30 skins all come with different mappings.

But after a bit of diving into foreign language websites I found a "fixed" F30 template. The front end is a bit wonky looking (I reckon not showing the shading layer is a fix) but things should line up properly.

mega.nz/#!4U82Va5S!tUDq7Lv7LCw1MfKYQclRPcMeoiX68-XxVKld3UykXDs

Do you guys have any favorite older F1 games? I have been wanting to get into them but i need something that can run in a toaster.

I agree with tbh, IV mechanics might've been slow and frustrating at times but they allowed for finesse.

V just has a great map.

Define toaster.

If you don't particularly care for accuracy, and your PC is faster than a laptop with an i3-3120M and its integrated GPU, you can play F1 2010-2014 easily.

Oh i am not that bad so i will give it a try, thanks user.

V had shit driving too (especially with a keyboard), it was so bad that I honestly prefer IV just because the driving isn't actually poorly made, it's just terribly designed.

Has there ever been a greater driver than Senna?

I'm getting a bit tired of sim racing, can anyone removed me something that is just plain fun?

lewisha

Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3

b-but it's not for pc..

Just get an emulator, it runs pretty well on one actually.

Please. If you're going to put forth a modern driver, at least suggest someone like Mika.

How hard is to set up the wheel in emulator tho?

I don't know, I haven't tried it.
You're fine with just a controller, tho you probably can set up with a well, I remember there are specific options for it ingame.

*wheel

Thanks. It shouldn't be too hard to fix.

Ok thanks, I'll try it, I don't have anything to do anyways.

If the game understands Logitech FFB wheels, install the usb-qemu plugin for wheels

No problem, have fun.

The soundtrack is amazing

You need a plugin like the other user mentioned.
forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=137565.0

I play with a controller but I imagine it'd be better to do it with a wheel. Have fun.

So what's the best Cosemasters F1 game in your opinions and is it on PC? I suddenly have an itch for open wheel racing on a gamepad.

F1 2016
Good handling, extensive career mode, AI that can somewhat challenge even aliens.

In case this saturday the VTCC race doesn't happen, I've set a WTCC server.

The mod is Race X, which is the Race 07 wtcc cars directly ported into rFactor. There are no difference in the driving of the cars, since both Race 07 and rFactor use the same engine.

The track will be oulton park. It's tricky with the bumps, but it's fun too once you get the hang of it. ABS and TCS are available too if you're not feeling confident.

The qualifying will start at 21:00 gmt, which is one hour after the VTCC event, so if it happens, you can attend this one too if you want, since it will be probably over by 20:45. It will be standing start, quali is 3 timed laps in a 10 minute time frame, race distance is 15 mins and the top 10 finishers from R1 are reversed. If less than 10 people show up(which is not unlikely), it will be just an old fashioned complete reverse grid.

Server (will be always up)
wat-ovg.liveracers.info/Live/?server=WAT: WTCC

Mod. Make sure to grab the 1.25 patch too
forceracing.forumcommunity.net/?t=47558107

Track
trippteam.servegame.com:100/RFACTOR1/TRACKS/M-R/Oultonpark_2005_V1.7.7z

If you have a VTCC install already, there is no need to make a fresh install, since the game doesn't include new UIs, music and all the extra stuff. Just drop the gamedata folder in your existing install and you are ready. Just make sure to exit the game once after you've loaded the mod and re open it so you won't have the VTCC ui.

I'll try to join.
Does the big 669MB download include rfactor or will i have to pirate it?

I tried it a few months ago but i'll start over again because it was the american version.

Milestone is finally dumping that shitty ass internal engine in favour of Unreal 4 starting with MXGP3. Hopefully it means their games won't run like complete ass even on good PC's

twitter.com/MilestoneItaly/status/824558505365540864

Sounds good, thanks.

IT's only the mod, download the patch and a version of rFactor.

Check the wiki linked in the OP

You need to download the lastest version of rFactor (I suggest the Ultralite) and install the mods there

Oh ok

Do you have a link to the preactivated exe? I already played a few minutes of rfactor but i don't have it on this computer and i can't find the exe

What are the songs in OP's weebums?

get-good.net/index.php?title=RFactor

Lazerhawk

Thank you senpai

hype?

Plus i would only look forward to a cuckmasters game if it was a new grid game that's not shit, i've had enough samey rally games with graphical upgrades come out.

DEEPLY CONCERNED.

Nigger dirt rally came out 1 year and 1 month ago, why are you begging to get assfucked by a jewish developer? Are you a consoletard?

blog.codemasters.com/dirt/01/announcing-dirt-4/

some more digging, makinen evo confirmed, 2017 scoobie confirmed

and some more assorted sources.

blog.us.playstation.com/2017/01/26/dirt-4-coming-to-ps4-this-june-4-things-you-need-to-know/

blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/01/26/4-things-you-need-to-know-about-dirt-4-coming-soon-to-ps4/

redbull.com/en/games/stories/1331841547561/dirt-4-interview-red-bull-games

Nigger a teaser trailer isn't a release, they could have teased Dirt Rally 2 now while planning an early 2018 release.

Full size version of that last image.

I was correct, it's a consoletard
if my id changed i just had a power outage

But he's right and it would still be jewish as fuck with a 2019 release.
To put out a modern game of that scale in such short timeframe involves dropping support from the previous one, recycling most of it, and having a rushed as hell development cycle.

they took in a large chunk of the drive club team when they went under, they're a much larger studio now. Even tho I agree it's a bit early I want a full list of what they have in-game before I make up my mind.

it's not kikery, for dirt rally they added a bunch of stuff post release free of charge.

Actually no, I exclusively play on PC. Hell even my earlier post was about a good F1 game for PC.

You don't understand user, if I don't like you're opinion you must be a filthy consoletard.

Don't thank me, thank the 4chan ovg guys.

It kind of makes sense from the oldfag point of view, but now that steam users are the majority not at all.

I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

It's not that they can't, it's that they won't.
Also, that feature has been a thing ever since UWP came out (processes can pin themselves to cpu cores and even keep other processes from using them) but what they're doing now is letting you force it yourself from the shitty metro interface.
t. developer

They've been patching it, latest was earlier in the week. It's just that every time they try a fix it gets worse. I think the comment on "GPU resources as well" is what's got my interest. Hasn't it always been that way? What background programs could even take away from the GPU?

In Win32 you could also assign threads to CPU cores by playing with the affinity mask. Not sure about keeping other processes from using that core, I suppose that bumping your priority to real time would do the trick.
But I'm no Win32 dev so I have no idea if that's how it actually works.

I think they're trying to get a pseudo exclusive fullscreen mode, which probably boosts UWP games that by design only run in windowed mode. I suppose that when you're in windowed mode, some resources can go to other processes should they want to render something.
I wonder how it will affect people using multi-monitor systems to watch videos while playing games.

Also this won't fix H3 for PC because the issue isn't the performance, it's the random crashes.

Granted all the crashes I've had point to the Nvidia driver being at fault (or at least the way the game interacts with "antique" Kepler GPUs) but I doubt a few more clock cycles here and there will improve a lot.

But the performance is complete trash. A 750ti(which is more powerful than an xbone) can barely run it on the lowest settings. For comparison, the Xbone version runs on high settings. Vid related.

A 780 which is many times more powerful than a bone can barely run it on lowest settings. People say it's because of dx12 and then show a benchmark with a 1080, but the performance difference between a 1080 and a 780 is roughly 3 times.

You know it's because of the game using onboard VRAM?

Hope this will more than 2 stages per location and also stages that properly long like the 15-20 minute one's from Rally Championship.
but that's never happening, Codemasters are way to lazy

What do you mean? Motherboards don't dedicate RAM to the graphics card unless it's integrated at which point the poor performance would be even lower.

My GTX 880M can run the game in high @ 30 FPS with only small framerate drops in the rainforest. Performance has improved with the consecutive patches.

But yeah, we're bound to lose performance because the game is only optimized for high end configurations. Microsoft bought the PC master race meme.

if I remember correctly, someone figured out that FH3 uses the system's RAM as VRAM(that's how the xbone works) instead of accessing your GPU's VRAM

That would certainly explain why the performance increase on modern systems is exponential. DDR4 vs DDR3.

And yet another sign they thought everyone playing on PC had a $3k rig.

That's bullshit, if it was the case any gpu would get almost the exact same frame rate because even with fast ddr3 memory you'll get a bandwidth bottleneck extremely soon. Also you can't just load things from system ram into your dedicated gpu, you have to transfer them first and then you also run into a bus bottleneck extremely soon.
Downclock your graphics card's RAM and you'll see a perfomance decrease

DDR4 has lower latency. that's all that really maters for games, the bandwidth is nice but the latency means less wasted cpu cycles

Stop talking about things you know nothing about.

Game is optimized for Xbox One and GTX 1080.

Any other configuration isn't optimized.

Seriously, stop talking about subjects you know nothing about. You don't look smart and you'll only breed others like yourself.

Ridge Racer Type 4.
PCSX-R with PGXP and padGnneco gets you wheel support but no FFB because basically no PSX game has FFB.

Except I am not. When you optimize a game for a certain hardware configuration, shortcuts can be taken and micro-optimizations can be applied to increase performance, often applied by hand to compiled code.
See: slideshare.net/ozlael/hable-john-uncharted2-hdr-lighting
The interesting bit is slide 233 onwards.

This is why consoles always had the edge over similarly spec'd PCs, and why trying to compare console vs PC optimization by building a PC with raw power similar to a console is bound to fail.

Stop using buzzwords, you already went past the point of convincing anyone you knew what you were talking about from the first post on the subject.
You didn't really expect me to actually look at the slides did you? They're just a bunch of pictures showing rendering steps and a graph of how much of the console's resources they use and then 2 pages of showing how to properly make use the ps3's co-processors.

Spotted the Java expert.

336th for classic ogc predictaments

New track

trippteamdownload.servegame.com:100/RFACTOR1/TRACKS/M-R/Oulton_park.rar

I found something

First on the races, and on the accidents

Merely pretending, I'm sure.

At the rate he's bullshitting, I think he's a "webdev" who thinks he's a programmer because he knows a markup language.

This is just speculation, but I feel as though they're going to be splitting it into two series: Dirt Rally, which will be full sim, and Dirt, which will be more simcade like the previous installments.

From what I can tell they're saying that the game comes with a stage generator, so now they dont even have to make stages at all.

'sup

Finally found what I was looking for in the NTSC-U version of Formula 1.

This one obscure billboard is the reason why it was recalled and replaced with a different version, spelling mistake aside.

Alright proxy samefaggot, i was assuming you people would have decency but subhumans like you still feel a need to try to save face even after redemption is impossible. This will end in nothing since it's basically trying to get an admission out of a naughty child even though everyone knows the kid is guilty and the kid is aware everyone knows it and they were already punished anyway. But i'll go through anyway just to see how far you get before you shut the fuck up. SERIOUSLY, STOP TALKING ABOUT SUBJECTS THAT YOU KNOW ARE COMPLETELY ALIEN TO YOU. ANYONE, AND I MEAN ANYONE WITH MINIMAL KNOWLEDGE ON THE ANY SUBJECTS YOU HAVE PRETENDED TO KNOW ABOUT WILL BE EASILY BE AWARE OF IT FORM THE FIRST POST. WHAT ARE YOU DOING IS SAYING YOU CAN DRIVE A CAR BUT DON'T KNOW WHAT A STEERING WHEEL IS. The reason i didn't just blow you the fuck out is because any real explanation involves autistic walls of text such as this one that you're probably going to dismiss as "too long didn't read i'm smurt lol". First off the most retarded of all comments but not the first one:
You're basically telling me some random bothered reverse engineering a processor enough to be able to have the knowledge to build a carbon-copy of a piece of it so they can use literally the world's most time consuming, least efficient and hardest way to improve their program's performance by flipping 1s and 0s. You don't know anything about computers so let me make another thing clear for you, programming languages are just a way to make that shit understandable to a human. Those 1s and 0s ultimately represent a simplified version of how electricity acts in the processor. I recommend you look up steve wozniak and how he made an apple computer with color, that was the time when a computer processor's transistors were literally hammered to a wooden board and a game basically involved something bullshit low like a few hundred instructions over a second and one of the key people in the progress of computers had issues with it, in fact he didn't even come up with himself but he instead learned it from looking at someone else's deisgn (although to be able to do that it requires that same knowledge anyway). Now imagine someone knowing what the hell to do when editing machine code of a processor they didn't even create themselves and had to reverse engineer from nothing, a processor that does tens of billions of multiple instructions (modern cpus don't only do a single instruction per clock) per second over multiple separate cores and we haven't even talked cpu memory yet.

What the fuck does this even mean? The guy already started on word salads devoid of any meaning. This is the regular youtube comment section faggot we're dealing with here.
Then the guy goes on showing he has no knowledge AT ALL about programming and cpu/gpu architectures. In the previous comment one could assume he was some retard who used rpgmaker to script babby's first shovelware, but this is the point where one has proven they know nothing about programming in general and are incapable of making any valid statements of all of the subjects that are dealt with on all of his posts.
You can't really do architecture-specific GPU optimizations to a PC game, that was possible and a thing on older consoles and very early PC GPUs. Now the reason behind this is, when you write opengl/directx your shaders aren't really compiled by your compiler, they don't go through the full proccess. Compiling like the name says is a compilation of multiple processes to get a binary (executable piece of machine code), and when you're done writing and ship your opengl/dx code it just goes through enough that the original isn't easily reachable. Then that will go through the vendor-specific graphics driver and it's own compiler which it uses to translate code to the graphics card's own machine language and that is "aliens-in-area-51" levels of industry secrets, togheter with a working assembler and the assembly language used in that gpu itself. It's also the reason why not all pc/phone/whatever gpus support vulkan instantly for instance. You need the gpu's manufacturer to write a compiler that will compile code to that gpu's language. You can't just have a graphics driver, install the necessary libraries and have working vulkan. Nope, with the way those APIs work you need the graphics driver (teaches the operating system how to interface with the GPU) and then you need the gpu's manufacturer to write a compiler that will compile code to that gpu's language. That is also why for instance there are graphics driver updates that will make a game run better on a gpu, it's just something out of the developer's reach and which only the manufacturer can do (touching up assembly code). Normally they're partners and the game developer shares game source code privately so the driver team knows what to fine-tune their compiler for, It's also why nvidia's graphic drivers have an option called "shader cache" which makes it so instead of recompiling shaders every time you run a game nvidia's compiler will compile them once and store them on a hard drive cache. It's also the reason why some graphics APIs are incompatible with some gpus, graphics APIs are much more than something you just link your code to and they are actually something that plays part in the design of the GPU itself, and old gpus might just not be able to satisfy.

I meant to type more after this but i gave up, i spent far too long bothering to write this and it's still incomplete, so you par

Last line is incomplete

I meant to type more after this but i gave up, i spent far too long bothering to write this and it's still incomplete, so you partially got what you wanted but in the end it was not really worth it since my time is worth more than that a shitposter being retarded on purpose as some twisted way to sound clever.

New thread;

You sound like a pretentious first year at a university who thinks they're hot shit because they took one programming course. Here's a protip: the SDKs devs use have different compilers that can use shortcuts and trim out features for consoles, and since it works for one brand of console(Xbone), it will work for all of the consoles(all of the Xbones). This isn't true for PC hardware since you might deal with older and newer generations of CPUs that have various differences for instructions. Having AVX vs not having AVX or SSSE3 could impact performance. Not having AltiVec and making something make heavy use of AltiVec means on non-AltiVec platforms, it's going to run way worse. This is why Adobe products worked better on PPC-based Macs more than Windows for a long time, since you love to bring up Wozniak like nobody fucking knows who he is.

You're such a fucking retard that it hurts. Then tell me, why does Project Cars run better on nVidia hardware? Gee, could it possibly be that they have certain elements in the software to make use of nVidia's cards better? Like they optimized it for that?

They also just put hacks in that detect when a game is running and tell it to skip an effect that would slow it down. It's a huge blob of shit unless you can look at the source code.

Like goddamn, dude. You wanted to act like you knew something but you don't actually know how to make jackshit.

Congrats on going deeper on the retard hole and pretending harder.
Also if you want to pick random lines of text and put them out of context to continue pretending, do it with someone else not the person who wrote the fucking thing.