High-level gameplay thread (how do I into format edition)

Any gameplay you think is impressive, whether it's stealth, twitch FPS, racing, TAS or real time, anything incredible.

No.

I couldnt ever get past the forest solo in that fucking mode. Jesus christ.

Insane mode is unlocked after you beat the game the first time, enemies do like triple the damage and have at least 5x as much health.

It's because the XP system is fucked; you literally get more XP the more times you wack something, even if it's a dead guy.

I'm proud Holla Forums

Tearing stealth games apart is always fun.

Is that guy playing Quake on a fucking arcade stick or is he just paraplegic?

I think he was playing with a gamepad.

I don't know if this counts because it's only hard mode, but fuck me this card is bullshit.

Knew what it was from thumbnail alone

impressive.

to this day i think this is the most insane demonstration of gaming skill i've ever seen in my life. you have to nail a tech reversal on the exact 1 fucking frame that it would have hit to counter it, and to chain this many is absolutely unbelievable

hey do you like penis just a question

you can parry in midair, what's your point? it still takes a precisely-timed input plus a jump input. motherfucker was setting up his own combo when it would have been easier and taken fewer inputs to just continue parrying on the ground

I thought that game was pretty neat.
It's a shame Valve proceeded to do fuck all with it and everyone just played it for the fucking alien hat.

It's a 7 frame window. Try playing 3rd strike for yourself.

Don't know weather to get Sumaragi or Yukimura Den since it has all of 4's DLC…

Those are pretty rad, even though the commentator on the Dishonored one is somewhat annoying.

I wasn't born early enough to be a quake junkie, but I love listening to the commentary on this match. The amount of information the players process while fighting each other is nuts, not to mention the mindgames required to intentionally pick up an item late or early to screw with your opponent's mental timers.

What? Third Strike has a 7-frame parry window, and if you parry the screen flash at the start of a super you'll automatically parry the first hit.

It would have been harder to parry on the ground, actually. I think the hitbox lines up a bit more easily with the hurtbox and sprite of a jumping character.

Also not relevant in this case but it's often better to air parry moves if you have the choice because if you fuck it up your opponent will have a harder time punishing you.

Every time people debate k+m isn't THAT useful for FPS I bring up this vid.

honestly I don't want Konami to touch Bloody Roar

This guy's entire channel, really.

(checked)
dude

I didn't even know the game had counter-throws before seeing this.

This run's pretty cool, but the musically synced boss fight at 3:10 makes it legendary in my eyes.

The closest you'll come to this that I've seen is this Q3 match.

impressive game actually

Wow you were right that was really really cool

Not to mention justin was mashing his buttons trying to distract daigo while he was parrying, it took max who was a pretty decent 3rd strike player back in the day 139 tries before he nailed it.

I'm laughing.

>>>/youtube/

I dont remember quake 3 looking this bad

Spectator view. The top right says it.

That's Xonotic.

I wish that guy would make more videos. He's so damn good at ripping apart bad game design.

Holy fucking christ

Yeah, it's because he applies challenge run mentality (rather than speedrun mentality), which tends to show just how fucking flawed most games are.

Why?

The only good thing to come out of Hitman: Absolution

Is Reflex worth buying?

Sorry, i had to share it for generations to come
I highly recommend watch the whole vid afterwards, it's very good

13 HOURS

I bet that in alternate universes you can skip this video by half a mouse click

The problem with Shogun 2 is the game mechanics rely on having better units rather than tactics.

If you have a full stack army of Samurai than nothing in a lower tier could stop them.

These are the same bosses from MM8? Why?

What? No they're not, Astro Man carried over but that's it

That was damn impressive.

this is so satisfying to watch

It isn't the only one.

How the FUCK do you keep track of that arrow in that epilepsy inducing clusterfuck?

Great Rock player, though.

This video is fucking hilarious to me because Batman is clearly the most lethal man in the game.

How is this humanly possible.

Probably the single hardest level in a stealth game sold for money that wasn't because of a bug or some shit, and this motherfucker did it.

He keeps talking shit about the game but it looks pretty fun to me, is this what being overtly autistic about vidya does to a person? Being completely unable to see the fun of things?

He's doing a no damage run with the most basic abilities possible, this means doing tedious shit 8x over because every enemy does the most basic shit in the worst positions possible and has way too much fucking health.

You would get mad too under his challenge rule-set.

Imagine the most bullet sponge enemy in a game, amplified 8x over, imagine it has the most predictable routine ever, and imagine you have to hit it in a specific spot over and over, while dodging it's insanely predictable routine, and now imagine you have to do small variations of that only made difficult due to surrounding environments that aren't actually predictable for the most part.
Now do that 4 times and see if you like it.

That is shit design.

It's just another (((Early Access))) meme game with Steam Workshop paid mods.

Re-recorded with most of spectator view panels disabled.

Are they playing the game, or…?

Yes, it's live gameplay.
The "skill" here is how the orchestra changes between music tracks and creates sound effects in realtime.

But he is not even using the power-ups that the game gives you to more easily clear the stage, literally every enemy on a MegaMan game is weak to a certain attack obtained from a boss. Nobody is forcing this shiteater to play this game like that or so many times.

Ooooh, wow.

X6 isn't fun, not watched the video but it has a massive delay compared to X4 and X5.
Mechanics that change the stages sometimes choose to not work and you permanently lose items because of it.
There's a pixel perfect jump in the game that you need a randomly spawning reploid item to make not pixel perfect but any failed to save reploid could have had it.
One final boss phase can only be hurt by his own attack but if he uses that attack and even if he walks into it is random so it can take legit take an hour. (fight's also over a bottomless pit)

The only redeemable thing about x6 is that zero is broken, and even that gets boring.

X6 is a lot like X7
Bad, with nothing at all redeemable for it.

Heres another TAS run, this time its MGS1.
The best parts are the first 4 minutes and the Liquid vs Solid fistfight at 54:44.

He's doing a TAS of Viewtiful Joe, fuck.

I'm sure it's not true, but at least the first 2½ minutes even with the shaking look easier than the first 10 seconds on Hexagonest or whatever the harder modes are called.

Astro Man and Tengu Man got reused.

Sports games given TAS are fucking hilarious.

You said it, brother

STEP ASIDE FAGGOTS

Extreme/Primal Fury's AI is really nothing to write home about and that player is using way too much of Shenlong's blockstring wheel.

Last time I beat the game in a minimalist run I remember there not being any randomly spawning reploid items. All the abilities gotten from saved reploids are from specific ones. Not even sure what you're referring to with that final boss phase.

I love Momodora 4 a fuck of a lot, but I'm not good enough to play it with one hand on insane.

If you can stomach four minutes of Melee, then I think this is pretty sweet. Not improvised to live gameplay, but it is improvisational jazz.

I don't believe this has been posted yet. A classic.
>tfw this video is 10 years old

You've never played a Mega Man game, have you? A good MM game is fun regardless of choosing to use special weapons and power-ups or not. See: almost any MM game that isn't X6.

That stage is the cherry on top of the fucking shit cake that is MMX6.

Apparently more was done? Was in the related videos.

Global top 4% run in dirt rally, with the second fastest car in the category.
I don't know how any driver of the group B era can stand or walk, given the adamantium balls they need to drive those things.
You are literally sitting on the fuel tanks in these things, one mistake is a fireball and several deaths

Another top 5% run.

Had to chuckle there. You can't pick an item up early, that would mean picking it up before it spawns.

Re: Being a Quake junkie despite young age:

I started watching duels in I think 2014 - partly because of the video you linked! - for at least a year before I finally said fuck it and installed Quake Live. I already only play FPS and this strafejumping thing can't be that hard, I told myself. It kinda is so I took probably several months to get half-way good at it (now I can half-beat decently and rocket jump well). But the real difficulty lies in timing. It just doesn't get any fucking easier for me. I tried the different ways other people say they do it, nothing works consistently for me. I can't remember the precise times so I try to go more intuitively, by the order and "feel" alone. That seems to work the best but I'm afraid I'm running into a serious plateau with this technique. Since all my timings are guesstimates I'm never confident in whether I should move in asap or wait a little longer. My regular opponents (all similar skill rating) can mostly time both major items to the second so "timing insecurity" is my main weakness at this point.

After dedicating about two years of playing QL for 1-3 hours every other day I have come to the conclusion that newcomers should probably focus entirely on timing and if they can't get decent at it within a few months JUST GIVE UP to spare themselves the pain I'm in. I'm stuck with a passion for a game I will never be good at.

lolwut

might as well switch to clan arena then

Nothing wrong with that, lots of people really admire the military or dream of being astronauts even though they're totally out of their reach.
Being able to appreciate the top skill achieved in some games is pretty much what makes people watch sports or the Olympiads, even if they will never achieve such levels of performance themselves.

It started as an argument on the gamespot forums over mouse vs. gamepad. Too lazy to archive, so just google "bongsmoker gamepad vs mouse" and hit the first link.

]>>11861952
I should have said "picking up an item before your opponent thinks you'll get there."

I am worried this will happen to me with fighting games. Hopefully I will know after a few months of practice and evenings out, rather than a few years.

nice

it's even better in 60 fps if you download the video from the TST4 website

Topical video is topical.

TAS 1 wins because the game concedes victory to player 1 by default on sudden death tie

Oh you have got to watch the Spiderman/X-Men Arcade's Revenge TAS. Specifically for Gambit's second level.

Fresh out of the oven

Uhh

TAS is high-level gameplay, it's just more of a puzzle variety than anything else.

That said, they can still be amazing showcases of a game's mechanics regardless.

I honestly like Ulillililia or however the fuck you spell his name. Platform Masters when?

these look like a ton of fun

f-zero is wipeout but not shit.

That kind of ambient washed out, down tempo, low beat light white noise electronic trance music really fits that kind of video.