Space Thread:Imperial Reich Edition

Welcome Captain, Commanders and Admirals to another fine space thread

Now report what are you

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/193064-A-Guide-to-Minor-Factions-and-the-Background-Sim
eddb.io/trade/commodity
archive.is/qx9mZ
forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/322517-Make-New-Space-Based-Engineers-so-non-Horizons-Players-can-compete/page12
imgur.com/a/RVZBN#6XexGII
mangafox.me/manga/ginga_eiyuu_densetsu_fujisaki_ryu/c001/1.html
humblebundle.com/best-of-2016-bundle
eddb.io/station
elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Shinrarta_Dezhra/Founders_World
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Also about time I was trying for an hour to get this thread up

Your picture almost bring me to tears of joy

I like UNSC ships (´• ω •`)

Hey buddy your taste is pretty good

I hope it's better than the 90's remaster the jump between art styles in some episodes is really annoying

Threadly reminder that the E:D autist is a rebel and probably advocates for democracy and alien rights

Oh God. It's gonna be shit. Remakes always are, and remember, we're in the CY+2 after all.

Is it confirmed to be a remake?

DAILY REMINDER THAT WE HAVE A MINOR FACTION IN ED IN THE SYSTEM WHEEMEZ CALLED THE 8TH IMPERIAL PILOT'S SYNDICATE SO GET YOUR SCRAWNY ASS OVER THERE AND GRIND FOR POWER, FEDERATION BLACK COCK LOVING SCUM NEED NOT APPLY

literally what is ed

Does anybody else see a Bear in that image?

more like a mix between a bear and an elephant

I can so clearly see a bear roaring in that image it's amazing.

it's Avdol and Iggy

I would if the pvp wasn't people yelling about griefing while mashing alt f4 or meta ganksquads.

I tried getting into ED but I never got very far into it, never got past using the starter craft. How hard is it to get the ball rolling?

Why didn't you pick an anarchy system and bump up the local syndicate/gang/mafia?

I'd love a proper space gsg. You know, a gsg in the sense that the setting is well defined and there's other things to do than emulating bacteria in a petri dish.

a screenshot simulator.

I really dont see a thing except what looks to be a very long finger. which is why i think she's nervous

I actually found it harder to get into the X series than ED, It doesn't have a huge learning curve like most fags say but as soon as you get the basics or just playing the tutorial you should be set for good amount of hours after that anything you want to know more about will be easily accessible since you will know more about the game that you should know exactly what you want to learn about, like engineering, ships, systems worth going too etc, etc.

We voted a while back and it came to being imperial owned prison colony system. The idea was to get a system that forumdads or reddit wouldn't try to claim so we can get in faster or else we would probably still be waiting for our minor faction to get in.

The salt is the best part of the game, SDC keeps my ass entertained on how they trigger the fuck out of reddit. Besides Combat Logging is a ban now, but the meta ganksquads are still there but now more people are fighting against them, seems like they're getting tired of that shit too, especially now that engineers no longer need commodities so you can actually upgrade your ship right.

ed is a qt from bebop.

Her Dad deserves his own show

Combat loggers are marked with a dedicated subreddit to shame them and there are so many ways to avoid a griefer.

So much of Elite's playerbase is carebear it hurts to think about. Pirates have been compared to cyber-terrorist, real life psychopaths, isis, ukip members and pretty much the full list of things you expect to read off of a tumblr post complaining about anyone who disagrees with them. Friendly reminder that this dudes video about escaping players trying to kill you while you are in a type7 was banned due to offensive language.

Ankylon is the best ship. Try to prove me wrong. You cant

Venator ships are whore-tier ships

Banned from the forums? Not a real surprise there. The only good community the game has is the subreddit besides the few anons who discuss it here.

The Official Podcast. Wish there were more episodes already.

Sins of the Prophets mod.

Trying to stay awake.

Wanna bet they will add new loli characters or turn everyone into lolis?

My worst fear is making everyone gay.

I thought everyone already was?

Would you play a space text-based MUD with a persistent setting? I've had the idea rattling around in my head a while and I think it'd really play to some of the settings strengths. Combat would more realistically take place over huge distances, so you'd rely on scans and piecing together than information rather than looking out your window. Melding together game updates with lore could also be really interesting.

These are all shots taken out of context.

Are you sure?

Greetings. I come from the Berserk fandom.

Abandon all hope for we live a hopeless life.

What, you don't like sailing?

Miura is actually a genious. With the boat and the 7 year hiatus he inmersed us more that anyone else ever could. By taking away the hope of a happy ending we are forced to experience all what Berserk is about, endless pain.

This tbh

From the top left:
I can't comment on the two bottom-right pictures as they're not from the OVA. The Emil thing is admittedly controversial.

Then what do you call the Space Battleship Yamato 2199 remake?

For anyone in Wheemez trying to help the syndicate, keep in mind we're in a civil war atm so only combat missions and stuff (like killing civs aligned with other factiosn) will help our overall influence.
For more information on the bgs this is the only info I've found so far.
forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/193064-A-Guide-to-Minor-Factions-and-the-Background-Sim

Why must everything be so disappointing all the time?

Oh yeah, I remember helping you guys set that up. What systems did we end up in? I might have a reason to step back in after all then.

i'm in wheemez

also i'm pretty sure civil war just means non-mission things, such as shooting people

Im gonna comment on the last two ones on the bottom left and middle.

Ships engine is on the fritz, Reinhard becomes acting captain of the destroyer and desides that they are gonna try and escape alliance patrols by dropping towards a nearby star and then riding its solar wind out of the system.
Pictured here are the engineering team working inside the engine block while the ship is getting closer and closer to the sun, with the internal heat management already at full power the ship is still getting hot.

Kircheis and Reinhard have some vacation time and decide to use it, Reinhard stays behind for about a week during which Kircheis is alone on a vacation space station, on his way to the hotel he meets some prostitutes, a guy in a dog suit telling people about the dog races they have on that particular part of the station and then this guy.
Kircheis just shrugs off all of these people and goes book himself up in one of the local hotels where he ends up saving an ex-admirals life when he gets attacked by some random drug addict.
The addict then gets his ass beat by Kircheis.

Imo, it was pretty good and im waiting for the remake of the comet empire arc.

Since this whole plot is gonna be a one time thing they're gonna drag it all out. Maybe even wait till the PS4 port releases before making anything super crazy start.

The guide is old but that graph is straight from one of the devs so missions probably work as well.

Here are some tips for missions since you'll probably have to take what you can get from the Syndicate to increase your standing with them.
For any of the find x and deliver them back here missions use eddb.io/trade/commodity to find the nearest station selling it.
Any mission where you have to find something from a specific system (be it a commodity or an assassination target) chances are you can get the exact location. When in the target system drop down to the navigation beacon next to the sun and scan it, it'll give you the planet where you can find your target. Once at the planet a blue signal source should eventually popup in orbit or on the surface with your missions target inside.

If FDev were smart, which they are absolutely not, they would make it into a bigger story that is driven by player interactions with the ayys. Maybe introduce a faction system but don't tell the players straight away what these alien factions are or what they want, let them figure it out by themselves. Let the way they interact with the ayys inform the development of the greater story.

Fdev have given in to players modifying the story, UA bombing is what lead to Jaquces fucking up his jump. Considering how big this will be for the games overall plot I would expect we will get some sort of choice in where it goes. That or a player group might just try to fuck everything up unexpectedly via UA-bombing or messing with the bgs.

Emphasis on giving in. They don't really want players to have control here. Everything in their design philosophy is geared against it.

people are currently leading the goids to Sol via UA bombing every station between there and them

Nah.

Gay.

You know what would be interesting? An XCOM style game but instead of a modern earth and a interstellar threat you would have an interstellar underdog and an intergallactic threat.
That's one thing about XCOM that's retarded, you can't really take many losses. You should be taking 90+% casualties often against such a superior enemy. XCOM 2 in particular pisses me off when it claims to involve guerilla warfare.

Building ships with vastly differing tech levels for different systems would also be really interesting.

Is there any other show/movie/game where you see a faction change its ship architecture or at least reference older designs?

Go into the system map and check the stations themselves.

Gundam?

I don't think I ever laughed harder in a show then I did at that entire scene.

Meant to say bottom right.
Now if you'll excuse me, I'll go administer 9mm of stupid medicine between my eyes.

Sounds a bit like Aurora meets X, could be interesting.

What happened to that faggot that was making a carrier game all by himself?

They change? They all looked the same in the shole series.

What i basically meant was that they showed different types of Imperial ships per era, as in they showed middle ones in a history clip set in past and then they showed those topmost ones on another episode where one guy was telling his war story from some 40 years.

Why are you waiting to pledge on Star Citizen? The mandate failed RIP, NMS failed it is only logical that star citizen is going to be successful!
archive.is/qx9mZ

You know what's funny it is the most ambitious space game out of all of them and it's the only one still having updates and keeping the most promises. At this rate it might actually be true.

You're slowly sliding into delusional thinking. Get help.

Don't be silly, user.

That we will get a nevereding salt mine and maybe pirate the game while some modders try to salvage it?

Some people just never learn.

After the collapse of the Mandate such a simple game out of the others and even that fell, everything else I looked forward too as backups are all gone even the pixel ones. I HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE BY WAITING FOR IT FOR IT IS THE ONLY THING I HAVE LEFT TO LOOK FORWARD.

How about getting your life together and only playing spess vidya because it's fun?

Can't do that right now user, things beyond human control happened

Space has been a burning need in me ever since I was a kid, space is like a kidney or liver I need it to live.

hopping into Elite

some of you are ok, don't come to the space station tomorrow

What would a pedophile van look like in space?

FREE HYDROGEN FUEL

I'm not ok, I'm going to space station 13, user.

an illegal slave ship incognito as a standard cargo ship that says free ship upgrades

WEW
10/10

(checked)
Amazing.

Sure puts these fuckers to shame, imagine, 30 bucks for a late game ship in STO.

It's not a remake of the anime, it's another adaptation of the original books.

I can't wait for the massive wave of suicides that will take place after this turd flops. Roberts will have singlehandedly done a great service to humanity's genepool.

Hopefully they tone down the homoeroticism.

It's a good feel.

There isn't any homoeroticism in the source material or anime. Men can be beautiful. Nothing gay about it.

The anime was pretty fucking gay, there's no denying that.

It made sense though. Given the culture it's only gay if you take it in a modern perspective. They don't live in today where being somewhat photogenic labels you a guy lover.

I don't much care about the lore explanation, watching it felt like watching a BL anime. If it wasn't about space battles and politics it would be straight up fujo bait.

You can make a space opera epic without making it that fucking gay.

30 bucks that can also be obtained without paying a cent if you try hard enough.
T6 when?

Dunno, soon maybe?
We got the T6 sovereign now so i don't think it's going to take them that long.

I'm currently trying to simultaneously max out the Temporal rep. and get enough Dilithium to get that ship

i can't find any of you fuckers in wheemez ever

If you don't understand what period they were trying to replicate and how common that sort of stuff was then it can't be helped. If you're not braindead retarded you can usually discern the difference between a gay act and an act that holds no homoerotic tension. Every scene that comes off as homo in LotGH has context behind it that don't make it gay. If you watched the show you'd know that.

At least having all the fancy project equipment automatically at Mk XIII Ultra Rare from the start is a nice perk, and it can affect all my alts.

I don't care what they're going for, all I care is that it's fucking gay.

Then watch something else.

Some LOGH OC.

Nice OC and nice trips.

Although you could have had used animated version of the pic just looping while the music loops as well.

First time making vids, will reupload a better version when I get my head round the software and more importantly, stop being lazy

The lack of Sieging Reinhard in this thread is killing me.

Iz cool man.

This is harder to watch than the last episode

Just keep on going, we aren't far from the dearth of a nation.

LOGH isn't gay but I am for Schönkopf.

Knights of Sidonia has the humans make new models of guardian mech as the manga goes on, and there's a flashback to old models that are basically oversized space suits, with power cables to a mothership and all.

I've taken a break and fallen behind in my reps progress, and my Delta alt Recruit has cooler shit than my Temporal Agent.

After almost an hour of building up courage I made it 8 minutes into the episode and it's like this episode was made in Italy

What helped for me was already having ever rep at max before the temporal recruit event happened.
I am extremely tempted to get a Vengeance on my 23c Andorian engineer waifu.

There's something really off putting about the ship designs and art direction they use in Star Citizen. Maybe because it looks like they're trying to emulate Jew Jew Abrahms?

We probably all need to be friends to help the matchmaking server instance us.
If you want to add me my cmdr name is Floober

Yang has God-tier plot armor and ep 52 annoying with Yang and his unlimited ship works was some BS and every single time Yang and his Sonic speed and Ship clone Jutsu speeds behind and encircles Reinhard's fleet and just incarcerates his ships in a few seconds but when the reverse happens Yang loses maybe 1 or 2 ships before having a chance to counter attack and demolish the enemy. Ep 53 was decent enough and got good at the end

Have you seen the series before? Because if not, you might want to STFU.

are there any space vidyas infographs?

About what?

No I haven't seen the show before but I was spoiled about it in an unrelated thread, but that doesn't mean I won't complain about it when it happens the series is great and I'm loving it so far but they always try to make it seem that Yang is smarter or one step ahead of everyone else when he isn't and they have to either dumb down his enemies or buff him to high heaven so that he wins, Yang is a great character when in moderation or in an even battle but other times he can be frustrating when he wins when he should have lost thanks to plot.

No and don't try to make one; the last thing we need is more cancer like the fucking RTS infograph.

I agree. Earlier in the series he was better written since it wasn't that he was a tactical genius, it was just that everyone around him was that incompetent or better put, stubborn. At best he was meant to be average that knew how to force a stalemate.

Exactly, took the words right out of my mouth.

added my guy
Umberman

I don't see the problem there.

one of you Hajee?

Something I don't care for.

Not to mention people who get legitimately asshurt about in-game events; remember the insecticide bombs from a few months back? Go on the current Cannon thread on the forums around that time and watch autists scream about how people involved in the plot scavenger hunts have to not participate and how it has to be SHUT DOWN and shit (and people tell them to stuff their 'tism and in general being a shitshow like everything else there).

Isn't one of the orbital cities above Earth closed due to AyyIDS?

STO has it better both ways; you can get those ships for free, provided you grind like an autistic Chinaman but they are free. And if you want to go the merchant route for $200-300 (depending if there's a sale) then you get 500 ship credits a month forever which can be put to any ship…and some other perks (including access to the XMPP chat client outside the game itself). Scam Citizen just gives you a single multi-thousand dollar JPG, in comparison.

Space Thread, help me, i think i am pretty much stuck with my choice. What to spend time learning how to play, Star Ruler 2 or Distant Worlds Universe? Those two seems to be best games i've searched for, but both offer different features and perspective.

So which one is the best?

Due to the iron grip the forumdads have on ED, the game will never go in a good direction. As I said in an earlier thread, these people want nothing more than an HD version of the Elite they played when they were kids. They are to ED what highsec mining carebears are to EvE.

It's for this reason I wish Fdev would just remake the original game in the E:D engine as a seperate offline mode.
Probably "take too much time" though.

Do not fucking play star ruler 2 FUCK
I'VE NEVER FELT SO BETRAYED
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Go play star ruler 1. Distant Worlds is pretty cool but >XNA

Interesting. What exactly wrong with star ruler 2? I've heard from normalfags on steam forums that its better than star ruler 1 and i should never play first game, since second is more complex. Will you shed some light on the subject?

It took Frontier almost an entire patch cycle for them to mostly fix the bug with cargo dropped from players not showing up in the hold of your ship if the person who dropped the cargo left the instance. I say mostly fixed because it still happens just not 100% of the time. Of course this wasn't a hotfixable issue because it didn't have a legion of forumdads bitching about it.

Let's see how long it takes Frontier to fix the bug that currently forces people doing the alien ruins investigation to do parts of it in open as it can't all be done in solo. I'm guessing a week.

They've just said that it's bugged in solo so you might as well do it in private if you don't want to be bothered.

It still astounds me that so many denizens on their forum actively campaign to make the game as boring as possible. What drives them? What is their motivation?
Forumdads were a fucking mistake.

You have these people in every community focused on older games. In the GSG thread some user said his dad does nothing but play a Viking in CK2 for hundreds of hours. It's some sort of old people autism that makes them incapable of adjusting to new mechanics or situations, they're perfectly fine doing the same boring task over and over again.

Some times I wonder if the forumdads are some sort of plant to let fdev do the dumbest things imaginable without consequence. I remember back when people thought the reason MWO was getting progressively worse after the closed beta was forumdads, where it later turned out to be more likely PGI is running some kind of scheme akin to pic related.

AYO HOL UP
What if those forumdads are marketing shills paid to suggest and shill for shitty feature that the devs wanted to implement anyway?

The devs can implement whatever the fuck they want as long as it isn't DLC. If it is, people who are STILL playing ED will buy it while the rest won't. I don't see the benefit to shilling here.

On their plebbit some old self-righteous tards always get super triggered when I use the word forumdad, even when I explain that you can be old and a dad and even use the forum without being a forumdad, which obviously means that they're guilty of my charge.
Not everyone enjoys their free time doing essentially a second job. I understand at that stage in life you basically can't function without work because you've been at it so long, but others shouldn't have to suffer for that.

Lots of autists and gooks enjoy second-job-tier games but even they want to make a difference with their grind, which ED doesn't allow you to. Great, you mined for 500 hours and got a fully kitted out Anaconda. Now what? FUCKING NOTHING.

But user, runs to get lots of money fairly quickly should be nerfed immediately! People should have to grind hundreds of hours of their lives away on meaningless repetitive tasks to have "end game" ships!
I mean, it's not as if most of the enjoyment of this game comes with outfitting different ships for different tasks, and there is no "end game" as we constantly tell people who complain about nothing to do once the big ships are obtained! Nothing like that is the case at all! More grind now please!

Whatever happened to UO-like gameplay, where you could acquire "end game" gear quickly but lose it just as quickly through PvP?

If I had to grind 1000 hours for my Conda and then got shat on by some autist with a better joystick or some shit, I'd be pissed.

A poor craftsman blames his tools

I'm not much of a PvP guy, so I rarely fight other players. I just know there are way more people out there who can out-maneuver me easily and shit all over me in a fight. My point is: With the amount of grind required to get certain upper-tier ships, PvP is not very attractive.

Anyone else fighting for us in the civil war? It's the conflict zone right near the station.
I should also stop trying to record on this shit ass laptop

Cobra best small ship
Excellent taste user
Been waiting for 2.3 since the dawn of time so I can have my buddy in the co-pilot seat

It's actually the mk4

In that case I retract my statement, the fuck out of here with that shit

but meh hardpoints and shittons of internals for sweet sweet hull reinforcements.

Christ, I know the forums are bad but this thread is a perfect example of blithe forumdaddery if I ever saw one.

forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/322517-Make-New-Space-Based-Engineers-so-non-Horizons-Players-can-compete/page12

So, Elite Dangerous is the new popular thing on Holla Forums, huh? How good it is in comparison to X3?

Shit.

Like watching paint dry, except watching paint dry is more productive.

Sounds about right.

first is freer. You can tech up to building arbitrarily large ships. Second one has stupid trade systems (yeah, a planet that does nothing but make food and is otherwise worthless. Sounds reasonable.) And a worse ship creation system that allows for less creativity.

What is wrong with it?

About spacegames silly

Everything.

And there was a start on Space Infographics but it became apparent very quickly it was next to impossible unless you separated heavily by genres.

checked
Well lets separate it by genres

For all Yangs skill as a tactical commander, he can't do strategy for shit. Reinhard is all about the grand strategy and leaving the tactical details to his admirals.
Just look at the Alliance invasion of the empire. Reinhard doesn't win because he outmanoeuvres every alliance fleet, but because of strategic thinking, using the local resources to turn the civilian population against a superior force and bleed it dry of resources. The invasion was a complete failure for the alliance even before he sent in his fleets to kick them out. All yang could do was salvage a few survivors.
Time and again, Reinhard uses his victories to advance his cause, while Yang throws away every opportunity to make a real difference for the alliance.

Yang is interesting because of that. Often his orders and plans were brought to shit because of the democratic self interests from those at home. When he makes a decision rarely does he do it without consideration for the lives lost. This is why it took him so long to hook up with best girl. He never felt like he deserved such joy after being responsible for so many deaths. If Yang had a key weakness it would be his modesty and consideration for other. Reinhard was just simply a genius when it came to tactics. Which is really well shown in The problem is that he wasn't very creative in a lot of aspects. Yangs gift ,often was finding unorthodox methods to win a battle. Reinhard was just exceptionally brilliant with the established methods. Which is why he loses a lot of battles by not foreseeing them. But the Battle of Vermilion really highlighted both Reinhards and Yangs character.

He just wants to be a history teacher, read books, get married and die by old age surrounded by family.

Are you even paying attention? His strongest conviction is that the military is an extension of the civilian government, he isn't out to make a name for himself nor is he willing to break the rules to try and turn everything around; all because he is terrified of military authority superseding civilian authority will erode the democratic foundation of his country.

The problem*
I need to sleep.

which one of you fucks is just sitting in the station with a Type-9

And that is why the FPA falls. When people like Yang care more about doing "the right thing" than what the country needs. Its classic lesson from The Prince.
Its exactly because Yang cares more about the lives of his troops and obeying the civilian government, even when it is corrupt or self destructive, that millions die as the entire country is destroyed. So when the FPA needed Yang to end the imperial invasion while the alliance was on its last leg to save it, he refused to finish the job because a spineless politician told him not to in order to save the politicians own ass.
When the country needed Yang to step up and help guide it and clean up the worst excesses of the political corruption, he said "no, because muh ethics" and let the entire country go to hell.
Yang could have become the equivalent of Reinhard, standing up to take control of a bad situation, fix the problems of the country and made it a better place. Instead he chose the moral high ground and watched as millions died. If only Yang had been more pragmatic with his morals and ethics, the FPA might have won the war and destroyed the empire.

Star Citizen feels like it's actually getting worse. They drastically cut speeds on every ship and reduced gun ranges so people would be slow and close enough to "actually see the wonderful ship models during dog fights". And padded time to kill for players and NPC even more than it already was.

The end result is that flying ships, the one good thing SC had going for it, is utterly dull and joyless now. The only viable tactics are either missile spam or fly one of the 150 real dollar super fighters with a monoboat gun loadout. And they still haven't put in the updated item system they said was just around the corner over a year ago.

Yeah, another emperor

the speed system overall was changed, numbers where lowered but those numbers mean more so 100 whatever unit of speed they use is faster then what it was before.

Oh and did you use the afterburner at all? That kicks the speed up quite a bit,

I don't see how this matters considering that server performance and optimization is so shit getting a stable framerate is next to impossible

There are also so many glitches that the game is borderline unplayable. You know that you can glitch through an airlock by going prone and then run around in space without a suit on?

Because every former military officer who goes into politics, does so as a dictator. No joining a political party and using his fame as a war hero to get the political power to make reforms to improve the country. Or working to get a post as supreme commander of the space navy so he could direct its strategic efforts more effectively. Or basically anything else he could have done to improve the alliances position and remove people like Trunicht from positions of power.

He does not undertake any actions he would perceive as detrimental to the very foundation of his country, he believed that political power in the hands of the military would end in dictatorship for which there was strong precedent considering how the Reich was formed and the fact that there was a coup by the military roughly a year prior. The FPA would have been destroyed had he observed the cease fire or had he given in to his subordinates and ignore a direct order from the government as he would have shown that the military was above the the government. Yang fights for the ideals of democracy itself and most importantly, his pension, not out of any sense of believing its his duty to do what ever it takes to keep the alliance safe because he fears he would create another Rudolf or military led government. Its not "the right thing" that he's held to but the ideals of representative government. He never claimed that it was the right thing or the moral thing, he said that the military must observe the wishes of the civilian government; one could in fact argue that firing on the Brunhild was the "right" thing to do in this situation.

Except for the fact that its completely and totally out of character and against everything he believes in.

This is exactly how Rudolf came to power.

So if you ever find yourself traveling from Diaguandri to Deciat try to avoid BD+08 642. Pic extremely related

Go to Diagaundri, Ray Gateway is high tech and it's has 15% discount

I'm in my noobaconda with not too much A rated equipment. I'm so worried about losing this thing. When I came out in the middle of that fucking thing bout had a heart attack

It's always good to have heat sinks when exploring, especially when you're in a large ship with shittons of utility mounts. You don't have anything else you need to put on them really.

Yeah luckily I had one. the level 7 & 8 A rated gear gets extremely fucking expensive and so I've had to skimp on other things

I have no idea what game you guys are talking about

Just pop some heatsinks and you'll be fine.

One of the major things with my Anaconda is that holy fuck is it more maneuverable then my Python ever was.

It's almost like there was a historical figure that did just that and turned in to a genocidal maniac. It doesn't hurt to know either that Yang wanted to be a historian so he most likely knows all to well what power does to people. Yang firmly believed that a military driven government was for the worst. And given his high rank and near necessity in the battle effort he would have to assume both office and military if he would assume stronger control over the war. Which would effectively destroy the foundation of democracy in the process.

Yeah, fuck Stalin

hahahahaha I never want to ever encounter this ever.

Just wait when you end up jumping on a neutron star or white dwarf.

Been there done that. I took a neutron highway from VY Canis Majoris back to the Bubble. It was easy, though that feeling of not being in complete control of your ship is nerve wracking. Fuck white dwarfs though. FSD boost of them isn't worth it.

Ah the majestic space sheep. Truly one of natures greatest creations.

There's making concessions in realism for the sake of gameplay, and then there's Fdevs refusal to add quality of life features.

Try a Black Hole

I would probably shit myself

A Bermuda Mystery neat. Go inside

Nothing happens, your ship just gets cooked the closer you get.
Some of the smaller ones you can fly right through, fdev will probably give them an upgrade someday, like the pulsars just got.

For anyone still doing the Alien Ruins, here are the updated maps
any more updates will probably be put in here: imgur.com/a/RVZBN#6XexGII

the rest

Also I should point out that as of right now, you can turn in the mission, undock, redock and get it again. I did this earlier today turning in the 30 unlocks I had and got the fresh mission. I'll be going back out there tomorrow.

Whoever came up with that retarded idea needs to be nuked

What is the best alternative to No Man's Sky? I heard frontier and x3 were alright. I just want to explore space god dammit.

No man's sky looks nothing like this, that's why it sucked. It looked and acted nothing like its trailer or any promotional material. It was completely hollow and everything was the same over and over.

You just want to explore? Space Engine or Elite Dangerous

Because small indie studio just can't make a lot of assets to generate unique systems, even sun in every system was just a background, since they didn't know how to program it.

Since when this is a game?

Since they made it so you can pilot ships?

But just piloting ships in empty space like an idiot is boring.

(checked)
I didn't say it wasn't

We already established that ED is shit.

I see what you did there

Try Space engine, pretty sure it's got mods for different ships too.

Star Ruler 2 took away almost everything that made star ruler 1's ship design so fun. The entire space mining mechanic has been removed. As has space construction, space economy, most of the logistic things like cargo haulers and fuel ships. It really is pathetic how stripped down and streamlined SR2's ship mechanics are.

Granted Star Ruler 1 has nice optimization, 1000 systems in SR1 run better than in SR2, there's also a spherical galaxy available. But in SR2 ships are designed by hexes, while in SR1 ships designed by fucking balls. Literally balls. Its kinda annoying to be honest.

I also don't like that you can colonize literally everything, and planets are focused on one type of resource, which is fucking retarded for a game of this scale. Few first hours of SR2 is literally "colonize everything around you and autoimport".

I wish there was a mod that adds more resource types to planets, like combined resource types, and lower amount of planets that you can colonize significantly. Could make game really much better. But modding community for this game apparently doesn't give a fuck.

Starmade is fun, but did anyone else want to play?

It's so ambitious, and when I did play on a server with actual groups of people a while ago it was a fun, but I'd rather have a faction with Holla Forums spessmen then randoms.

Yes, I know camp at your faction space station is gay but now with npc factions etc. spess is more fun to explore

No their punishment must be more severe! They must be spanked with nukes!

I have incredibly low expectations and I suggest you should temper you hype user. Better to be proven wrong than be disappointed.

Reinhard bringing Hildegard flowers was fucking hilarious and you know it.

If its anything like the new manga (which it seems it will be since its a tie-in) its waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay gayer than before

there was a Holla Forums starmade faction a while ago, i lost interest after we heisted some spergs yuge borg cube and the admins made us get rid of our swastikas

Tell me your sources!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I lost interest after no one was on whenever I played.

Anyone know how to make webms without having to download an entire video? I want to make webms of logh

you better be funning me nigger

I wouldnt be surprised if they did that

Lame

mangafox.me/manga/ginga_eiyuu_densetsu_fujisaki_ryu/c001/1.html

Behold, the new manga version of logh.

humblebundle.com/best-of-2016-bundle
Still not worth 10
Fucking gearbox is desperate.

Is it just a mere coincidence?

What the fuck?
WHAT THE FUCK?
What's wrong with their faces? Is this some amateur's doing? Is this purposefully awful looking?

It really does look like some gay manga

Man, ED can really go suck my dick. Not only did they not improve since launch, they actively made the game worse. I hope Braben gets ass cancer.

The GOG version comes with the original releases as a bonus.

I'm livid.

Wew. Maybe one day they'll be in control of a few systems. Any idea if the syndicate currently needs space truckers? That's about all I'm good for with my asp explorer

Remember what was.

WEW

Well time to go out in the blue to get elite in exploration so I can finally unlock that founders world and have access to those needed modules. Don't feel like getting that trading rank yet.

if you get a refinery and mining laser you could find some asteroid belts in the middle of buttfuck no where that might be 100% palladium

Well, how's about we fucking fix that? It's not hard to set up a serb last I checked

The original? With everything intact?

What space games have the best uniforms?

Better question is, which games have skin tight uniforms and space suits?

Better question is, which games have the best armour?

what game?

It's not a game.

Rasalhague Republic Dress Uniform from battletech.
Dracula would be proud to wear this thing.

This thread is for Manly Men!

soon

boku no pico in spaaace

These uniforms….
The fuck went wrong?
Why do they have those silly little undersized jackets, big poofy pants, high heeled boots and 2 belts that hang halfway down to their knees?
At least the regular officer uniforms look like something out of the 17th century to go with the rest of the empires aesthetics, though those silly legwarmers are killing it.
What was wrong with the black spandex with silver filigree that got fancier the higher their rank got, from the show? Did it just not look gay enough or something?

Please stop posting these

Any news on the remake? Do we know if the art style will be like that or close to the old anime?

I'm so sick of the pussification of men trend.

THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING

Is this real? Please don't let this be real.

What do you think they'll do to the soundtrack?

Now this image makes more sense than ever

Pls no

I want to find whoever wrote that and slap him.

Ever heard of Cincinnatus my dude?

I don't care if all the characters stay looking this gay all the way through if they properly explain how a goddamn laserbeam weapon can cut through someone and not instantly cauterize the wound.

There's not even any mods for Starship Troopers, surprisingly.

Anime is trashy as hell, but LoGH was a diamond in the rough. How do you fuck up something that was already done so well?

LoGH is okay at best. I don't know why people tend to overrate shows like LoGH or GiTS or Cowboy Bebop or 08th MS Team so much - they're okay, not great or grand. It's probably for every one thing that's half okay there's 15 K-On ripoffs they have to suffer through.

You see user I understand you're trying to bait me, but I'm already aware that you are and you should've known that by my reply. You can do better bait, this is just sad bordering on attention seeking.

You see user I understand you're trying to bait me, but I'm already aware that you are and you should've known that by my reply. You can do better bait, this is just sad bordering on attention seeking.

they're not laser beams, they're particle accelerator cannons. The capship weapons accelerate neutrons using gravitic fields to near-c speeds, which gives them a shitload of KE, and a bunch of it turns into heat when they hit ships. I think the small arms are electron guns, which use electromagnets to accelerate electrons to near-c so they have about as much KE as a bullet, and I guess it doesn't create enough heat to cauterize a wound?

They turned LoGH into Code Gay-ass in space. Why does everything I love have to be defiled!

STOP!

If LoGH is ok, what is the best cartoon then?

THIS THREAD HAS BEEN RUINED
Make a new one.

Its great compared to the rough, but its far from perfect and fairly niche. Even though I really enjoyed it I don't expect that everyone else will. On over hyping, I'm in agreement, people really overrate shit; I liked Cowboy Bebop but people talk about it like its a great work of art. Its a fun show that's corny and gritty off and on, but I don't understand the near religious reverence a lot of people have for it. 08th was a mess, the director died halfway through and you can tell; even among the schlock that is gundam its pretty weak. It all boils down to people being so damn insecure about their own tastes that they become upset the moment they come across an opinion that doesn't validate their own. Then when two "like minds" come together they talk about what they thought made the show great while ignoring its weaknesses, and over time building a version of the show in their heads that's perfect and beyond criticism.

Pick 1

It was the new LoGH that ruined.

To be fair it's kinda hard to swallow. That shit pretty fucking nasty, especially when you compare it to the original series.

If Reinhard and Kircheis look like that I am afraid to see what Yang and Company looks like.

didn't that stop mid-way and they left it on a cliffhanger

Oh my god their going to make Yang a fucking dyke.

New season soon

What on earth are they doing on that god forsaken island?

I have no idea

I thought code-geass finished entirely.

That was extremely enjoyable. I'm now going to only play with Synthwave blaring

Makes me want to get a sidewinder with that engineered loadout.
So much annoying and damage for a tiny rebuy.

It also tells me that I'm never going to be any good in a PVP situation without a fucking HOTAS, just can't react fast enough.

To the fellow ED players, does anyone know if there are good station to get better equipment near WHEEMEZ?
I have some dosh to spare and want to improve my ship.

Here ya go, it's Yang, Cazelnu/Cazelnes/Cazernes/however the fuck you spell his name, Jean robert (during military school) and Jessica (during her music school).

Also, behold the new Alliance uniform!

Dude all you need is a stick and keyboard to fly like that, hell you can do fine with a mouse and keyboard.
I have access to all the strafe controls and pips on my left hand with throttle and roll then the mouse/stick for yaw, pitch and weapon firing. Hell a HOTAs is more likely not going to have enough buttons which is why people resort to voiceattack.

I don't know of any good ones offhand, go to the galaxy map and set the filter to high tech systems and look in them for a high tech orbis, they generally have the widest selection of gear.
The only station with everything is founders world which is locked unless you have Elite.

The Cadet outfits look like star trek outfits and the new Alliance uniform looks like something out of final fantasy.

Also have some terrible OC

All of the control schemes are viable. You don't have to be the best combat pilot in the game, just better than the person you are shooting at. Which in this game, isn't hard. Some of the greatest commanders I know use a controller, keyboard and mouse or just an old stick. You don't need a HOTAS. You just need to get comfortable with the controls you have, push yourself, do crazy things and make mistakes.

You really should be looking for a Rui system for a discount on your parts, the 15% savings add up quite quickly and it's worth the trip. Without checking the gal map, try the Ix system. If that doesn't work, use this eddb.io/station and apply the proper filters.

Have some of MY terrible OC right back at ya!

Admiral Holland: Now! Behold my genious tactic!
ULTRA SUPER LATE BREAKING!

How do I get the aliens? Just jump around in the Pleiades, near Maia?
Also, is the Syndicate only in Wheemez?

I haven't been able to go back after getting my cheap-ass HOTAS. It took some getting used to but after a period of adjustment and getting that one control scheme that maps fucking everything with shift buttons, I can't fully enjoy playing any other way. I actually put off playing the game for ages until I was finished moving house and had rescued my HOTAS.

Jump around Maia and pray for RNG
And yeah atm we are just in the stations in Weemez, we need to become the top faction in the system before we can start thinking about expanding.

webm related

The founder's system is Sol, right?
I have a lifetime pass. Mistakes were made. Big time.
Doesn't that mean I have the founder's pass?

Will do, thanks.

yup is called the founders world for a reason.
I mean it'll save you in the long run, if they really plan to make 10 seasons or more.

Oh and no it is not in Sol
elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Shinrarta_Dezhra/Founders_World
In the statistics tab on the right should be a a list of permits you have.

Love seeing fellow dropship users. Also decided to move to Wheemez and help out.

Do I have to have a UA to be hyperdicted by the aliens or is that just a meme?

Reconsider

The guy I played with a few days ago, are you up for some playing?

When this thread is claimed by the void, can someone make a skimpy space uniform edition?

Give me some pictures

So again I we still don't know if it does actually help or if it's confirmation bias but within two jumps of being scanned by an unknown artifact I was interdicted. If you don't know how to be scanned by one you go into space and drop to out of warp. eject the thing out of your cargo and you'll get a message saying your ship was scanned. I'd then put in back in the cargobay and continue on.

SRVs over steer like a son of a bitch

Is ED not boring yet? Last yime I bothered with it they added a pyramid of RNG and called it gameplay.

They've toned down the engineer RNG but the game is still a mess of no fun allowed

If anyone been fucking around with the alien crashsites and the UAs best get those fragments to the new CG since I this one might end sometime today. They also need Untypical Shield Scans and Aberrant Shield Pattern Analysis which I had a good load already stockpiled.

ok, also you could look at

Wheemez, more like
MEMEEZ

is the 8th offering combat bonds?

If we're still in the civil war yeah

fug

Wew, these threads are moving faster than I can keep up these days. Especially when the LotGH posting gets out of hand

We used to go through two a day.

That was a long time ago fam…

I remember the Dukat threads. It seems Space isn't as hyped up as it used to be now with Chris 'Concept Sale' Roberts and David 'The Vision' Braben having killed the revival.

It's great posting with anons with usually great taste

if by "a long time ago" you mean September, October last year then yes.

I think it was because of the Stellaris boom.

Does stellaris have content yet?

no

Around the same amount as ED

none

New Thread

Bully

Wait 10 minutes before you post so it'll be allowed.