LET IT DIE

this is some intense fucking shit

last one was fun, can we have another Let It Die thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

letitdiethegame.com/news.html#/737/spread-the-chaos-campaign:-1/14-–-1/31
youtube.com/watch?v=m_FnCexxzdE
letitdie.gamepedia.com/Waiting_Room
letitdie.gamepedia.com/Stamps
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Your greentext reminds me of some good ol times with warframe before DE went full retard.
I hope your game won't turn out that way.

whats the floor 26 boss?

let me fucking guess, its jin die again?

There's two bosses on F26, actually. Coen and Jin Die. Fortunately, they're on separate floors, unfortunately, they have more gimmicks and a fuckton of health.
My advice? Get the BP for the Cleaver Saber and upgrade it to +4, you'll need it just to do 'okay' damage to them.

Yeah, Coen on 26 is a bastard. Dude seems like he can 1 hit kill me on most of his attacks.
I've only tried him once, since I decided to put the game down for a bit, the 100k coin bill was a bit much.
I as well need to grind up my weapons, since I think my best weapon is a +1 butterfly knife.
Though, it does seem like grinding the invisibility shroom will pretty much break the game, but I've only ever found one before.

We already talked enough about this game, let it die.

is there a download of the OST anywhere?

'>>11727363

this game man..

There's a content update next month, senpai. If Gungho plans to update the game regularly, we can talk about it all year long.

lol

to be fair, starting at Floor 23, you need to technically cheese every boss to beat this game. It's not just about believing in the power of the mushrooms, it's relying on them. And that leads to grinding several hours a day to make progress by defeating the next boss up, and doing it all over again. If that doubles when up to floor 50 is added I'll go crazy.

It's funny how it's one of the few GAMES that PS4 doesn't have, PS4 HAS NO GAMES

Why the fuck is everyone shilling this game here

Its free so everyone has played it, you should try it.

there can't be a floor 50, the tower only has 4 dons maybe they will be underground floors where everything that farts in your general direction will kill you

how dare they talk about videogames on Holla Forums!

I must be doing something wrong.
I have a +4 2-star iron and it does absolutely shit to the 23F GOTO-9. The iron breaks by the time I get him down to approximate 85%. I just can't see any way slow-mo, cloaking, or stingshrooms can help me on this. It seems like even a perfectly prepared fight would involve chomping down mushrooms and spamming attacks for a straight 10 or 15 minutes.

What's even fucking worse is that ever since I reached that floor, I run into 4-star hunters (not haters) on every single floor, every time without fail. I can't even adequately level up any new fighters or grind for coins other than raiding. Raiding is actually safer than the tower now, on ANY FLOOR.
And this weekend my team happened to be in a fight with CA & PA, so my bank has been getting raped non-stop.

Anyway, I guess the answer is, "YES you need THAT MANY MUSHROOMS."

seconded

eat a grilled slowmungus and then spam the R2/L2 (depending on which hand you have it) move on the fleshy part, not the face.

if you truly have 2star +4 iron and grinded the fuck out of your Mastery Level, then you should be taking a good 2%-3% HP on each hit full hit. Dont forget your characters level, i assume you're not a retard and you have your mastery level above 15 for the iron and your character is Rank 3 and also maxed level you should be above level 70. i won with 4 Grilled Slowmungus + did the first 15% HP of the fight with a machete and dodging. farm at least 6 slowmungus to be sure.

oh yeah, also, don't bother with Transparagus and Punchshroom, GOTO-9 is not like jin-die, when you hit him in invisible mode, he knows you're close and will retaliate.
i threw about 10 Punchshrooms and they did less damage than a machete hit. those explosive shrooms are fucking garbage, even on enemies they don't do more than 500 damage when you throw it square in their face, the only use they have is to troll the player when you need to eat fast and you accidentally eat an explosive and die.

Yeah. Mastery level is max. I was using a tier 3 defender with max HP VIT STR and DEX. Not leveled all the way to 70.

I wanted to level a tier 3 attacker instead, but running into level 90 hunters when you're not even level 15 means TURN BACK and so leveling has been too slow.

Can you let me know how high I have to climb till I unlock tier 4 fighters? I don't want to waste too much time on leveling tier-3 fighters if tier-4 is just around the corner.

Is the machete and nailgun worth farming for? I have both of them at rank 2

right after goto-9 you get rank 4s

but thats weird, i wasn't attacked by any rank 4s until after i beat goto and climbed to 24th floor.

im willing to bet you climbed one of those optional areas that led you a side-area o fthe 24th floor, and that triggered the rank 4 attackers.

I did. I was hoping I would unlock tier-4 fighters from the progress, but i got no mail from UD, and I killed off a slot and checked the depot and no tier-4s at all.

If it helps there is a a place at f16 were you can farm golden snails, you can get 2 or 3 and it's fucking great, one of them can give you 25 levels if you are lvl1 and you can sell them for 7k+

I beat him by just chucking crushshrooms at him, which makes him wig out for a few seconds and gives you time to smack him.
I think I needed about seven of them in total, you toss them when he starts to glow red.

i tossed him a Toughshroom ONE time, and he healed like 3000 HP with it.

yeah, no, fuck giving him food.

I fought him 3 times so far. And he only did the red-glow once I managed to get him down to roughly 85%. I don't think you can rely on his mushroom-eating vulnerability, it seems he only does it when he receives a set amount of damage.

All bark and no bite

Both are pretty solid for their level. Machete has a good moveset with fast and wide strikes on top of good slash damage. Nailgun has okay damage but a very fast fire rate, which can be used to cheese raid defenses if you combine it with an evershroom.

Btw if you kill a pillbug it will drop a mushroom that when cooked it revives you with 50% HP

I thought the combat in this game was pretty outdated and clunky. It's cool people are having fun with it though, and I'm lurking these threads so that if the discussion interests I might actually give the game another shot.
On that note, one thing that bugs me about these threads is the lack of webms. The PS4 can record gameplay with no issues, why aren't people posting more videos?

On Floor 10 or so but I still wonder how this game managed to be as fun as it is considering its generic reveal footage compared with Lily Bergamos visual style. I can only hope though that this game gets an offline mode eventually if the servers were to go down.

Just heard this track for the first time on a raid. Definitely my new favorite.

how do you even kill a pillbug?

they're fucking invincible

Walk directly behind it, stomp on it, and attack it with a weapon when it's stunned.

It needs to be stunned. Then, either use the knife's alternate stomp, or aim an aimable firearm at it.
There may be other weapons with attacks that will reach the ground, but these are what I know works.

i didnt even knew it could do that. i'll try sometime, im too busy trying not to fucking die.

thanks, i got that shroom from the uncle death dialy gift box, and hence i knew they came from pillbugs from the rolodex. but i had no idea how to kill them.

game is bugged when you reach 31+, expeditions don't work anymore.
also by far the worst parts of the game: quests that involve clearing whole floors get ruined when the hater kills other enemies which will happen. second, blueprint percentage reveals are different for everyone. when you hit a certain number of discovered blueprints per 10 floors, the game extremely highly prioritizes you to keep finding duplicate blueprints, instead. you'll have to rely/hope on gyaku-funsha having a blueprint you don't have, and fuck you if its a chestpiece that costs 120k. At the moment I just want the knights helm which I've literally never seen once in all my hours of playing until I beat Coen on 35, a hater wearing the ultimate version showed up.

there is no way to repair items is it?

Unarmed L1/R1 reaches the ground at the end of the swing. I've been using that.

No. Don't get attached. Disregard trash loot, acquire blueprints.

There's a shroom that repairs all your equipped items, but it's only on the higher floors and it's not common enough to allow for reliable repairs.

how high?

I still need to try it out. What little gameplay I've watched seems rough around the edges but good fun nonetheless. If a skateboarding spic skeleton whose first word is "senpai" won't hook me I don't know what will.

fuck i want to play this game just for the music alone, any chance it's coming to PC?

you get them for free, dickface who has never touched the game

you get quite a few DMs for free you retard. hell you start the game with like 15 Death metals out of freebies, and you can do a lot of quests that reward more. you also get a few free randomly from daily login bonuses.

letitdiethegame.com/news.html#/737/spread-the-chaos-campaign:-1/14-–-1/31

if there are any normalfags in the playerbase go retweet or share this shit so everybody gets free stuffs.

Nice one.

I quit this game around that point, got to 26F, realized all the BPs I was getting required rare metals, realized the way of acquiring the rare metals, reminded myself I have better things to do.

If I didn't have other games to play, anime to watch, books to read, etc. I would get back into Let It Die. I just cannot justify the waste of time outside a vacuum.

but being serious, its not the kind of game that you play 14 hours a day.

you should give it 2 hours of play or so a day, so maximize the benefit of login bonuses and uncle death boxes in relation to time spent playing and FUN had

So uh, what kind of game is this? It'd be nice if it's good so my PS4 can stop being a Bloodborne machine, but if it's F2P I'm wary of giving it any time at all.

No thanks, that's the waste of time I was referring to and is the only gameplay currently available to me.

kawabe would only drop Black metals.

you need to grind out rare chests in DOD arms section for Blue metals, and rare chests in War Ensemble section for Green metals.

Where are the red metals?

I already maxed out everything I wanted before going past 20F, I have little grinding I wish to do down there. It's shit like the Cleaver Saber and Longsword S I need to max.

SUCC THIS DOWN

The earliest floor you can farm red metals is in a trap room on F32, Koshi-Yama. It mostly drops D.O.D. and M.I.L.K. metals, so if you want Candle Wolf metal you'll need to kill GOTO on F36, and JIN-DIE on F38 for War Ensemble metal.

make a guess silly

How do you get your transparungus?

they spawn randomly, i suggest exploring the floors between 16 and 19 (from KAGA to DAIDA)

you will randomly find some.

You send yer cunts on expeditions between 11F and 20F

how do you pass videos from the PS4 to the PC?

I didn't even realise this was for PS4, I thought it was some mobile shit the way Holla Forums was talking about it.

woooow gungho 0/10 shit game you ain't even trolled me

come on gung ho's i need my golden snails

My only regret is having boneitis

gotta turn my volume up next time

jesus christ the exact same thing is happening to me.

the whole area is just a single hallway that leads to another floor with 1 hater on it.

>Getting this upset over someone talking shit about your f2p soulslike experience with an entirely optional gameplay-impacting cash shop :^) that makes mgs:survive look good
Someone should toss you in a burlap sack and beat you with reeds.

I watched 30 minutes of this shit PisS4 title's endgame and honestly it's a fucking pandering kusoge that redeems dark souls 2 just by existing

has anyone found a Treasure Tuber yet? im up to 26th and haven't seen them once

Same

None.

I just found the knight's helm blueprint in Jackson's area. It's a tier 2 to start.

Game desperately needs a take all option for the rewards box. Also needs to be a way to send out your expeditions faster.

does anybody know of a rare chest in the War Ensemble floors?

i desperately need to farm some green metals, and i dont really know where to go for them

Uncle Death is the best Skeleyfu

F11 Nokejiri has a trap room with one, although it's only available when F13 Okusa (gold snail room) isn't. Think it should be available now.

F11, perfect, enemies not too strong and its in the 11-20 range so it -should- drop greens according to my theory

That happened to me too. I went up the escalator and stayed that way. Could even fight a few guys but the alignment of all the attacks were way off.

PC when?

hopefully soon

when there's 2 bosses, do i need to beat both in the same run to progress, or can i beat one, go back to the waiting room, and then go defeat the other one?

Im finally at F23 but I don't know if I should fight Goto-9 with my machete or if I should upgrade my longsword. What do you guys think I should do?

I didn't even know it was F2P
I'm downloading just right now.

Beginner Tips?

neither.

what you're gonna do is farm half a dozen slowmungus, and then upgrade either your Axe weapon to 2 stars, or your Hot iron to 2 stars and a few +s.

eat slowmungus and whack away with the axe combo (which needs a certain level of mastery btw) or spam the iron attack. repeat until you're out of slowmungus or goto is dead

considering suicide tbh

upgraded firework launchers are actually pretty decent weapons, hammers are your strongest melee
watch out for fucking machetes, machetes will be the bane of your existance, 1 combo and you're fucking dead, the only way to counter a machete this far is with another machete. machete is also your strongest melee weapon all the way to 21-22

i cant advice on 21-30 as i haven't finished them yet.

Shit, I guess that now I need to farm some copper. Thanks a lot for the tip user

i'm farming the gold chest of kawabe right now, i need some fucking MILK black metal

Is that the trap chest with two boneboys? Good luck with that the can be a bitch to deal with

yeah, it is. i dont know of any other gold chests in the area. its the one that drops two bone tubs and one Axe wielding screamer on you, i've been pretty close to death a few times

Have you tried placing some decoys? When the bone guys hit the decoy the will get knocked down then you can shoot them since it takes a lot of time for them to get up

i just throw a punchshroom a soon as they land.

since the way to them usually has at least one.

Ignore what user said, GOTO has a legitimate strategy to deal with him. Go down to the F1-9 and farm regular mushrooms like Crushroom, Toughshroom, Stingshroom, etc. At least 4 is good.
Whenever GOTO's health goes down by 15%, he'll glow red. Toss one of those mushrooms on the ground, and go to town on him. You'll have about 10 seconds to wail on it. By the time he gets up, he'll probably start glowing again.

If I drop poisonous mushrooms will he get poisoned after eating them?

No, it won't work. Only mushrooms like the ones i mentioned do since they have no effect when you throw them.

he recovers HP eating mushrooms, ANY mushrooms

also good luck surviving his spiny sanic attack long enough for him to go into red aura mode, you won't survive beyond 50% hp

No, he doesn't, or at least I've never seen him recover HP whenever I throw a Crushroom/Stingshroom. He just has a bad reactions and runs into a wall and stuns himself.

If you have a good enough weapon, GOTO will usually immediately go into his red aura mode again when he comes out of his stun.

i threw a toughshroom once and he recovered 20% HP. never again. im doing it the slowmungus way.

Then don't throw toughshrooms. Farming for slowmunguses is going to take you much longer and will be less satisfying then fighting GOTO the right way.
I have about 130+ hours and I've only found 3 slowmunguses in my whole playthrough.

i've done kawabe gold chest like 8 times and no MILK black metal, fuck me what do i have to do to get that dank ass Cleaver Saber, its so OP it makes machetes look like babys toys.

i've found tens already, they're not so rare if you know in which floors to look for.

how do I stop dying to machetes?

You gotta make them whiff.

attack with your machete after the first missed slash of theirs.

also, remember that around floor 15-16-17 you unlock the rank 3 characters, and hence you should be remaking your freezer

Just let them finish their combo then attack or just use a fireworks gun, even if they block it it will still deal fire damage

is this game ever coming to pc or is it more of a never ever kinda situation?

missed opportunity

who knows. dark souls was a never ever situation and look at what happened.

all i can say is that right now i feel like we are in a "demon souls" phase. remember the game when it was a PS3 exclusive before the whole thing boomed into meems? might happen to LID too, its too fun of a game not to. Problem is, i dont know how far gungho is willing to go with the microtransactions. Right now they're in balance, they give you little benefits like not paying to use the elevator, not paying to invade, and well, instant-revival of course, which is a very casual thing (anybody who just decides to pay the game through will spend hundreds of dollars, because if you don't learn how to counter each weapon and enemy type, you'll die a lot, and hence spend a lot of death metals).

Okay this shit is fun. Item durability usually gets my autism going, but I do l like how you're forced to basically use what's at your disposal. How long does crafted gear last?

fucking finally, i got my MILK black metal.

took me only 10 or so kawabe chests, but it was worth it, now i'm gonna make that fucking thunder cleaver and CLEAVE SOME ASSHOLES APART

They removed item durability.

Fuck, nevermind I'm retarded. I thought I was replying to a different thread.

The iron is better than the machete.
You can fight machete with any weapon that isn't slow and stupid.
Try the tier-2 fireworks for easy and safe whiff-punishes.
Or save money and just use your hands, just don't get impulsive and counter early when the enemy decides to use the slow lunging attack. Give screamers an R2-R1 combo, haters sometimes block this.

oh by the way, the quest "defeat 30 enemies with a lightning weapon" doesn't work.

none of the killed enemies kill towards the progress of the quest, like many other quests its broken as fuck.

Why don't when you people have these threads, post some gameplay videos and screenshots that are just a glitch. I never see anything except what you guys are talking about. Frankly, it's probably the reason half this board thinks these threads are just a couple of the game's devs having pretend conversations to shill it

well, in all honesty, because i dont know how to use the recording function correctly.

i'll try recording some now, the problem is the videos are huge so im gonna have to lower the resolution on the PC after moving them

So crafted gear doesn't break?

crafted gear is indestructible when you give it to your base-defense fighters. It still breaks if you use it and take it to explore the tower with you.

ie: if your defending fighters fight an invader, and they die, or even if they get their gear broken mid-fight, it will still be fully functional when the invasion ends if you were to pull the character out to use.

im not sure about captured fighters, as i have never gotten any of mine captured yet.

If a fighter gets captured, the person who captured him will appear as a "rescue" target for everyone on your team. If someone frees him, he returns without any of the coins, lithium, equipment, or decals he was carrying.

You gotta be shitting me. We're all playing the game, we all know what it looks like. Posting videos seems exactly the kind of thing marketers would do. We're not having these discussions for the sake of you, we're trying to get to grips on this game.

People have posted plenty of videos in previous threads anyway, showing off character interactions and goretastic finishers. Nothing else is very noteworthy about the game besides those things, it's not some kind of spectacle. It's a very simple game, just with the bullshit dials turned to 11.

I'll probably post a video tonight to satisfy you, but I still don't know how you came to the conclusion that posting random gameplay footage is natural, and that the opposite is suspicious.

I do wish Let It Die was more popular so wacky shit like this can happen more often.

Okusa is up you niggers

go get those snails, dont forget the live animal

the fuck

i didn't upload the first image

i realized that when Okusa is active, the golden chest in Nokejiri disappears, and the dead end with the chest is replaced by the escalator to Okusa.

i'll post some short vids later

Yoooooo!
Just beat goto-9 like that guy said by just feeding him crushrooms!
But I ran out at the last 20% and had to chip him the rest of the way by dodging bites an hitting him with the machete.
I got into a real rhythm, it's actually easy to just keep going like that.

does anyone know how often you get DM from login bonus? or is it just a first time thing?

Don't know. They gave em out like crazy last month.
Every time the devs had a stream they would give out a free death metal.
They gave out free death metals between Christmas and New Year's.
And they gave out free death metals when the game reached 1 million users.
Other than that, it was pretty rare.

they have a twitter/facebook campaign right now, and going to give death metals and gold animals form it

Damn son

Nice work, man. I knew you could take out that ugly piece of shit. Woah, you're gonna be a legend!

here's some whacky shit i recorded a few hours ago, spoilers the hater killed me

im still getting used to this whole recording shit, when you're in the middle of a battle while praying to god that you don't hear the BWEEWEWOP while you move, recording your stuff is the last thing you think about, hope that answers

can someone tell me whats the difference in putting more or less time in an expedition? usually when i go to bed i try to leave 3 or 4 characters in 6 hour expeditions, and during the day i leave only 1 or 2 in 1 hour expeditions. but most of the times they get killed and return with a single point of SPL and random items. i got a transparagus from an expedition today, so i guess overall its worth it to keep trying, since you don't lose any gear, decals, or exp, as long as you buy the gear from hitler

I went to Okusa for golden snails, and I ended up getting attacked by hunters every floor after till I got back to the waiting room.

Anons Tips:

Don't claim your KC quest rewards, coins obtained through quests are safe forever in the reward box, likewise, Golden Snails are safe in your storage box. The best defense against invasions is having no visible resources that can be stolen. if you save in quest-rewards and golden snails, you will always have enough money for emergency retrievals.

youtube.com/watch?v=m_FnCexxzdE

How to get the XP from golden animals without killing them discovered by yours truly.

If any of your niggers try and dislike the video or something funny, I am gonna make you meet my shit bucket. Now go abuse this and waste your sad lives fuckers.

Rewards box has a limit! Don't let if fill or rewards will be lost!

Nice video user, im gonna try this

Next month: GUNGHO JEWS BANNED ME!

jesus fucking christ, farming that MILK Black metal was worth it. the cleaver saber is a fucking BEAST

porn of bullet & hover tuber when?

jesus christ i finally made it to the elevator in 26F

been farming shit for 3 days just to have an easier time. Coen was an ass who burned through all of my weapons, but for jin die i went prepared, bought 2 cleaver sabers, farmed 5 transparagus, 2 stingshrooms, and 2 slowmungus (just in case) she couldn't even touch me once, and the fight was done before the first cleaver saber broke.

y'all niggers better BELIEVE in the power of the mushrooms

what am i in for? anything i should know before i go ahead and attempt Crowley? is he going to be another Jin Die?

Before the fight he starts with a dice roll. Whatever he gets determines what you fight before him, could be a mod of screamers or a mk-4 reversal tuber among others. The actually fight is more or less a faster Goto-9 with hard-hitting elemental attacks. I'd grab a couple of snailshrooms/golden snailshrooms just in case.

oh i get it.

max is super Coen with a drill
jackson is super Jin Die with a laser that pierces walls
Crowley is super GOTO with fire & lighting bombs
and the last asshole is going to be super U10, not that i've fought U10 yet since its the new boss of floor 32, but still.

man, how unoriginal, couldn't be bothered to make more than 4 bosses

There's 11 if you count the jackals, and there's going to be more bosses in next month's febuary update.

Anytime I need to heal i just take out my snail and take a good huff. This is great.

I finally decided to fight GOTO-9 and it was pretty easy, I used two invisibility mushrooms, one dragonshroom and a KAMAS-A1 tier3.
I'm guessing that Jin-Die is gonna show up again soon

i haven't been using this because i thought the poison that healed you was the Doomshroom poison only, but if snail & claw poison actually heal you then shit im getting this decal ASAP.

yeah, jin is next, farm some of them transparagus and get a really strong weapon, the more attack the better.

Does it actually heal a good amount or is it a baby heal like 15 per sec?

its the same as getting damaged by it. so little?

its still great to have a "regen" effect going on

This stopped working out so well.
Throwing snails, they might bounce somewhere I can't reach, or just refuse to be picked up again. If I go into the death bag and drop them, that works, unless I'm near a wall, then they drop ONTO THE WALL.

It is significant. I would get some numbers but it's way too late right now. It totals out to a good heal. And if you get lethal poison, it'll bounce you all the way back.
Besides, considering that it is a heal you can apply without wasting a resource, there's no reason to not apply it at even the slightest damage.

my god this weapon is such UNBELIEVABLE bullshit. the timing for the 5 hit combo is impossible bullshit that only works when it feels like it, but the haters do it perfectly 100% of the time. there just isn't any way to survive. its 10 times worse than machetefags.

Just save up some brainshrooms and use them on hunters and haters

letitdie.gamepedia.com/Waiting_Room

how the fuck are you supposed to farm 250k when you start getting invaded by literally everyone in the game by the point you have 30k? oh right, you aren't, you're supposed to buy meme metals :^)

i will push through, im not a CASUL

is TDM working like shit for anybody else? it takes a whole minute to load each screen for me.

Yeah some of the loading screens are taking a lot of time

I'd fuck the female Jackal, real talk.

>>>/cuckchan/

Wait should've replied to this in my last post whoops. Fists are better for the first couple floors, I thought.

looking for a Cooking Mama ROM now

get used to the Akami & Kawabe maps kids, you're gonna be farming them a lot

Someone tried and failed to attack my base 3 times last night.
Also apparently Friday thru Sunday, mushroom stew will have an increased chance to give out premium decals:
Heavy Tank: Increase HP 40%
Judges Gavel: Increase stomp damage 100%
And one that ads 20% of damage received to your next attack. Forgot the name.

I let one of my haters roam around Tamata for a couple days before dumping it. I got a letter saying that he took out 15 players. I only got 891 SPL from it though.

sounds like you have a strong defense, whats your setup like?

OK so, it's actually pretty technical.
I have a general collection of weapons I find difficult to fight.
I have a spread of those in my defense, I don't just give them all one weapon, because if someone has a good feel for that weapon then they will just blow through the base.
Also, everyone needs two weapons to make things unpredictable.
Something fast that requires quick reaction to counter, and something slow that will punish an early counter.
Fast weapons i use are knife, and claw. Slow weapons I use are machete and sword. Iron is sometimes the fast weapon, sometimes the slow weapon.

It seems most raiders love the sharp weapons, so most of my guys are in trucker gear, but I have some in Special Forces gear too, for variety. It'll hold up someone with only a firearm, maybe.

Don't put any ranged weapons in the waiting room. Ranged weapons are good to experiment with for more variety, also fighters are more defensive and evasive when they have ranged weapons, which can help waste time. But if they are in the waiting room, any smart player who is having a hard time will take advantage and just bust the bank&tank and retreat.

But listen, that guy who attacked my base couldn't even get past my first two men. He was out of his rank, and just kept trying.
I've only just recently beat Goto-9 v2. So I don't have a lot of the best weapons yet, and I don't have the best fighters knocking at the door.
I just came up with my defense strategy based on my own experience fighting haters.

meijin please

yeah, sounds like you got invaded by a literal retard or someone who started yesterday.

and yes, dont use any ranged weapons in base defense, because if you put ranged weapons and melee weapons, your fighter will prioritize attacking with ranged weapons. which are all easily dodged by running left or right. so its better to go full melee and ram their assholes up close with machetes and cleavers.

i wouldn't use poison claws on my fighters really, if they have the poison eater decal, you'd just be helping them survive slightly.

i dont have many fighters on defense because all of mine are rank 2 and 3 and im already on rank 4 fighters, im 5 levels and 2 boss fights away from the rank 5, where i will dump all of my characters and rebuild an army of max level rank 5s.

when does the mushroom stew event begin?

So wait? Does the PS4 have 2 games now?
2 more than the competitors

>New update available! Return to title screen immediately!

why does this game insist on making my dreams come true?

how the game handles disconnecting is a little too brutal. they should make a backup of your character everytime you go out so they can revert you to it, but killing you because your internet is bad? thats too harsh. you'd basically be afraid of going out because you never know if your internet is going to die and you'll get fucked for it.

imagine getting disconnected in floor 38, thats like 250K to retrieve

fucking made it, i beat crowley.

now im in for some REAL shit

what the fuck man, i just fell THROUGH the map in floor 32, then i got a loading screen and my character appeared in the waiting room, alive.

The game is a glitchtastic mess.
I'm constantly getting cases of fucked up textures, invisible weapons, ragdolls flying away, etc.

Hey, at least you can bring back blueprints ezpz!

i dont mind that little glitch much, but the problem is i lost a death metal TRYING to reach the point where i found the glitch and got teleported back to the waiting room one of my jumps didnt connect right and i fell…

down to 5 death metals, all from freebies.

i hope there are more streams soon so i can get a few more, i won't make it on this bullshit floor.

also, i found a pair of pants with 1100 defense in a chest, pretty bad condition, but then i found a fun fungus and now i have a full durability pair of pants with 1100 defense

honestly i dont care about blueprints anymore. all of them need black and red metal that i have to spend hours farming just to get one or two, and even then its fucking random. in my 40 or so runs of the kawabe gold chest i got around 7 MILK Blacks, and now i got a surplus of DOD black, WE black, and CW Black that are occupying space. i'd rather find gearpieces and eat a grilled fun fungus for full durability.

do any of you know of a map with a lot of bullet tubers? i urgently need some bullet metal

Sounds like you've never gotten literally nothing from a chest before. Or the Kawabe chest giving a green metal instead. It likes to do that.

yeah, the kawabe chest is weird. but once in a blue moon it fucks your run by giving you a green metal instead. ditto for the Nokejiri gold chest, it rarely gives you blues.

however, generally, DOD sections should give blue metals, WE sections green metals, CW sections black metals, and MILK sections red metals, speaking of course about gold chests.

kind of a pain to get MILK black because there is really no boss that drops them. COEN drops DOD color metals, Jin Die drops WE color metals, GOTO drops CW color metals, and i guess U10 drops MILK color metals? i dunno, im about to fight U10 and find out HOLD ME Holla Forums IF I MAKE ONE MISTAKE HERE IT WILL BE 3 DAYS OF FARMING TO RETRIEVE

i read somewhere that timed mushroom effects actually stack, is that true?

ie: if i eat 5 crushroom in a row i will have 150 seconds of enhanced damage (minus the time it takes to eat all that of course)

I doubt that anyone has tried this since those mushrooms are rare

Mushrooms do stack, but only the length of their effects.

Yes.
It's true for all mushrooms with timed effects.

I've played a bit of this, up to floor 13 or so.

Is the game just a severe grind unless you give them money? I'd much rather they just charged 60 bucks and took out all the fucking F2P bullshit. Though it seems the F2P shit is deeply fused into every design aspect.

It's a huge grind even if you pay.
You just don't have to grind for coins if you pay, and coins are only for buying fighters, salvaging lost fighters, and buying equipment you have developed to arm your fighters with.
Which all has to do with dying. Paying for death metals lets you bounce back from failure easier. You can spend a dearh metal to revive on death, or turn death metals into coins which will help you buy new equipment to replace what you may have lost due to dying or failing a raid, or buy back dead fighters, or buy new fighters.

Paying doesn't let you skip levels, unlock fighters faster, find blueprints faster, gather lithium faster, or gather materials faster.

There are a few small exceptions. For example, there is a shop that randomly appears in the tower that you can pay large amounts of coins to for materials, but you can only get one piece of each kind he happens to have when you visit.
It would be easier to pay for these if you had a lot of death metals. But you need do many materials for R&D, that this just puts a dent in the grinding you need to develop strong equipment.

its still a massive grind. and it really doesn't matter, because running around punching enemies into blood explosions is so fun you dont really get bored. paying for Death Metal simply lets you revive on the spot without using coins. The convert ratio for DM:KC is miserable, you should never EVER convert DMs into coins because retrieving a dead fighter can cost several thousands while 1 death metal only gives like 5000 coins when you do conversion.

oh, also, death metals are the only way to expand your storage vault, which starts at 30 slots, and can be upgraded by 10 slots for 2 death metals, up to 500 slots, thats 47 upgrades for max storage (not that you NEED that much storage). my storage is currently sitting at 100 slots and i haven't bought once. you get some free death metals randomly from login bonuses and at the beginning of the game, and also there is a ton of quests that also reward death metals.

tl;dr: if you're not going to go for the microtransactions, use your death metals wisely, learn to play and counter each weapon. you get more than enough.

Its no different then Monster Hunter or the souls game.

You have to grind out the materials you need for armor and weapons in MH. And you have to grind out the things you need to upgrade your weapons in the souls games.

its a little bit more grindy than souls games.

i'd say it rivals monhun in terms of grindiness, maybe a bit more or a bit less.

also i just unlocked Rank 5 fighters, fucking hell that COEN in floor 34 was a fucking madman.

he one shooted me several times, the only thing that saved me every time was the grilled lifeshrooms. also the amount of defense he has is fucking insane. my Masamune was doing sub 200 damage per hit.

And that's the crazy thing about it. This is a free to play game so the grind is expected yet MH isn't a s it has a shit ton of grind.

KEK please stop, the election is over dont meme me anymore

also i should mention, i finally found a Treasure Tuber.

it was really weird, i couldn't even see it completely. moving through one of the MILK sections, i started hearing a motorcycle in the distance. i kept moving closer to the sound until i found it, riding straight into a wall.

its like a short guy riding some sorta clown motorcycle, he got stuck in a wall, i shot him with baseballs and he fell to the ground kind of like a turtle that can't get up, i got close to give the finishing hit, expecting some rare materials, and he just fucking exploded on me and did a little damage. it was a weird encounter.

Just started playing this, the combat is really ugly. It just seems to be a matter of baiting enemies towards you and timing an attack right so that you manage to stunlock them rather than the other way around. There's no form of crowd control besides the explosive mushrooms I've been finding, so fighting groups of enemies often involves running around in circles chipping them down with ranged weapons or single hits and trying to avoid getting ganked. I'm preferring to use my fists over most weapons, they seem to do nice enough damage, and levelling them up seems advantageous since all the weapons break really fast, doing a normal combo followed up with a hammer punch deals with most opponents really quickly.

Furthermore, I got a Glinty Magnum in a gift box when I started the game, it doesn't seem like it's breaking down, but I ran out of ammo, how can I get more?

A knight's helmet was one of the first items I found starting the game :^)

there's no "ammo" in this game. weapons with ammunition are disposable once they reach 0/0.

EVERYONE gets a magnum as their first box gift, also, which floor you're on? don't think you're hot stuff if you haven't even beaten the first 20 floors, you'll see the game ramp up in difficulty.

oh yes, i forgot to mention. even if a weapon is a 0/0 ammunition, you can still perform the Rage Move out of it. Rage Moves usually consume a huge chunk of durability out of the weapon but they consume no ammo whatsoever, in some cases the rage move straight out destroys the weapon itself, such as the sniper rifle.

ie: the sniper rifle rage move is a 100% critical headshot as long as your sight is on an enemy, but it blows the rifle up. so save it for the last shot

anybody knows a good place to farm Bronze Skillshrooms? i can't find any and my new rank 5 characters need some poison eater decals

Just send out your fighters on expeditions. You'll get some from time to time.

Also you can go to the 20th floor, they pop up up on the left side, its rare though.

expeditions where? 11-20?

20 and up.

isnt 20 and up for Silver skillshrooms?

Still want a pc version

I've gotten both bronze and silver, but I've gotten more bronze than silver thus far.

buy a PS4 fam, sony won :^)

i'll give it a try then, might as well get some slowmungus from candle wolf expeditions

So does anyone have any tips for crowd control? I don't have trouble with anything else in the game but I always end up wasting lots of my health items if I have to fight 3+ enemies at once unless I have Boomshrooms. It'd be really nice if there was some weapons with sweeping attacks that can hit multiple targets.

Just bait enemies into attacking each other.

alright which one of you was it

Ok, there are quests to climb from one area to another while killing all enemies and doing some arbitrary thing like not dodging or wearing no armour, however I keep trying them and seem to be satisfying every condition, but the quests aren't being completed. They also say using an escalator/elevator fails them, but unless I'm missing something using one to climb from one level to another for the quest shouldn't count. Is there any way to check the kill counts for each level? I scoured them completely so missing a kill or something is the only reason I can think of for them failing.

they are a waste of time because haters and hunters will ruin them.

yeah, we're waiting on gungho to fix these. honestly, the condition should be "if all enemies are dead", not "you have to do 100% damage to every enemy"

stages have hazards like snails spewing poison, flames that hurt the enemies, and of course haters, any of these can ruin your quest progress because devs didn't think this the whole way through.

I don't think it'll be fixed honestly.

Since the quest rewards are so great they want to make it as difficult as possible to get those death metals. I'm guessing they're hoping it'll push people to buy the death metals instead.

not like you can get many death metals out of them.

once you complete a quest once, the reward permanently changes to kill coins.

rank 1 repeat quests award 500, rank 2 award 1000, rank 3 2000 and rank 4 4000. its not like you can farm infinite death metals.

Death metals are not the valuable thing here, its the rare metals you can get from them

I get shitloads of silver shrooms from F20; seems there's almost always either one of them, or at least a bronze.

you mean from going there, or from sending expeditions? i cant stand not having poison eater now, after using it all that time, its so unbelievably useful.

I don't bother with expeditions, I just farm Jackson normally.

oh, you do the jackson bossfight each time?

well, i might give it a try, i pretty much kill jin die in Kaga in 3 katana slashes, jackson must be like 4 or 5 tops.

I need a shitload of WE green, so yeah. Just pop a stingshroom so he doesn't teleport away and waste your time.

i've been farming WE green and golden snails.

kaga > kill jin die > run to uge > run to ukisawa > run to Okusa > get the snails > run to nokejiri (this map usually has transparagus, might as well grab on the way) > run to kamoto > get the fuck out

repeat until enough WE green and money snails

knowing is half the battle the other half is violence

So can you only a set amount of blueprints before they just give you duplicates? I swear I get nothing but butterfly knife blueprints. Also do magnum shots sometimes just magically miss sometimes for anyone else or my aim just shit?

magnum and shotgun fucking suck. the shots magically not hit the target even when shooting them at point blank.

and the shotgun is the typical meme shotgun that just shoots a spread of low damage garbage but doesn't shoot an actual BULLET right in front of you. literally the most awful weapon in the game, don't even bother. if you really want to minmax the mastery book then just flash through ikebara with whatever shotgun you have until you're 20 and never use them again.

is the girl actually called "Detox"?

thats a weird name for a girl

Oh I used the shotgun like a single time before throwing it out, the point of a gun that you need to be halfway up the enemy ass to do even the slightest bit of damage? I also have a boner for 6 shooters in games, if I didn't I most likely would have dropped it earlier.

You guys think the shotgun is bad, have you tried out the wielding gun?

That takes the cake in my opinion. That thing doesn't even shoot sometimes and the spread is so bad you can miss even at point blank.

From what I've heard, blueprint drops change every 5 floors and some don't become available until you visit some side-rooms. So if you're seeing a lot of dupes, go explore or grind elsewhere.

just quit, you're gonna get anally reamed real soon with those "superior strats"

Fixed that pic for you

Test.

A+

can anyone explain me what luck does? do you drop more coins from enemies or have higher droprate of items?

Do your hunters get bonus items if they successfully kill the target or is it just more SP?

more coins and higher crit chance

Does luck interact with poison in any way? I've seen people using lucky star fighter who use poison and that's got me confused.

You get a bit more kill coins and splithium but it barely matters cause of how little more you do get.

Speaking of more coins.
If you've got some 1-day express passes for free, consider using them.
Express members get an extra daily login bonus, and the bonus is often a helpful booster decal; like 20% more coins, 20% more lithium, 40% more exp, or 20% more mastery points.

i got 4 of those so far. already used one once, it was kind of neat not having to pay for elevator and invasion, but that was about it.

i dont even remember getting the bonus decal from the 1-day pass…

h-here i go, the 3rd to last boss of the game, wish me luck guys

Good luck user, the only advice I can give you is to bring some dragonshrooms, invisibility mushrooms and that baseball throwing gun

welp, fuck everything.

30 seconds in, a bullet bitch throws me off the building with the flamethrower, there goes a death metal.

i walk a little bit more, and it turns out i have to defeat COEN again to reach GOTO, so yeah, fuck everything, this was a waste of money, time, and a death metal

thats so fucking unfair, the floors rerolled and the way to GOTO got blocked by COEN, it wasn't blocked by him the last day

Why are level 49s on floor 3?

Also what are some good weapons to put on hunters or defenders? I got fucked up multiple times by one with a Hockey stick a while back, but most hunters and defenders that aren't really over-levelled give me no trouble at all, so I'd assume it would be the same for other people. Also how do expeditions work? I take it I get coins and splithium from them, but what happens if my hunter is killed?

Does he get harder on higher floors or something? I've gone through the spot he first appeared in multiple times and i just keep Hammer Punching him and dodging his lunges, it's piss easy.

well duh, thats because you're fighting baby coen.

im talking about the coen on floor 34.

you get less rewards. keep sending those expeditions, they cost literally nothing and you have all to gain, its nothing but profit, profit, and profit.

He feels pretty much just as spongy as Coen. From what I remember his attacks are more or less the same, though instead of a full roll he does three shorter rolls/hops. Check for mushrooms in the arena as well, he found two I didn't notice when I fought him.

He gets a shit ton of health the further up you fight him. In the F34 fight he starts using corpses as weapons which gives him more range and questionable hitboxes. He can also throw them, which tends to track. Doesn't help that fight in particular still has a bug that crashes the game if you attack while he's pulling out new corpses.

You a Kiwi?
We just had a fight with them.

join team Argentina and conquer the south cone even though chile kicks our ass in every fight

Speaking of teams, why is almost half the playerbase Team California?

I wish you good fortune in your endeavor, my fellow white man.

maybe people who are not from california are joining team california because its the biggest team and hence they think it wins everytime.

its not like you can join only your country's team. you can even switch teams for some killcoins

i just found a golden rat in maka tsutsume, completely out of nowhere. killed it for the golden mushroom, just to fill up the mushroom book, and it still gave me exp (not as much as eating it though)

Yeah, our team is fucking tiny.

i think people are right when they say once you get a certain amount of blueprints, the possibilities of getting another ????? blue print go down.

i've done at least 30 or 40 runs of the kawabe gold chest, opening every other chest on the way, and i still have not obtained the blueprint for the spear, the Knight Lance, which i drop from the enemies in all candle wolf areas frequently. but for the love of uncle death i can't find the damn blueprint to make my own, its always repeat after repeat.

I've noticed that when I explore a lot of flours in a row I usually get more ????? blueprints, that's how I got the barret set

I've heard a couple of theories, drop rates could potentially vary depending on character class. Also heard that the more side floors you discover, the more likely unknown blueprints will drop. Knight Lance blueprints seem to drop around F36-40, it's the only weapon blueprint that drops up there.

what are you implying here? i dont get it

Where in the fucking CHRIST do I find wire mountains?

The fuck is this game? From gameplay videos it looks a fuckload like baroque, and doesn't look much better either.

all floors between 11 and 20.

personally, i'd recommend going from kamoto to nokejiri (for the 100% gold chest) several times, in the way you can pick wire mountains, vegetable oils, aluminum Cans, and pieces of broken copperware, in addition to textiles like random cottons and hemps.

its like a roguelike hack-and-slash kind of a thing WATAAACHINGCHAAA!!!

Shit nigga, it's literally a crap version of baroque. Absolutely embarrassing.

i played baroque, and you're retarded.

Holy shit I found a treasure tuber. He dropped a gold chest with 300 kill coins in it

Are there any particularly good armour pieces I should focus on crafting if I find their Blueprint? Gotten up to floor 13 and managed to get Jungle Machete E researched, which makes mincemeat of most enemies I come across. However I'm still using the DIY set (although I have gotten it to the next tier where the defence gets a sizeable boost and the colours change). I still tend to get fucked up by haters if I mess up, I fell into a hole with one and got killed by 2 hammer hits + heavy hit which hit 200, 200, 500 somehow.

Also the Nail Gun seems like a good ranged weapon, am I correct? It's pretty good at suppressing enemies and appears to shred their equipment fairly quickly.

i started finding them more often in floors above 21. and yeah they drop garbage just like normal gold chests.

beyond 2 star equipment, everything starts needing color metals, so expect some heavy farming later on. the machete will be your best friend all through to floor 21

most gear has the same defense as long as its upgraded to the same level. focus on whatever you like.

Any other notable weapons? I like having mastery in multiple in case my weapon breaks and I have to scavenge. I heard the Butterfly Knife was good, but I tried it and found its reach to be too shitty.

That grinding in mh is absolutely unnecessary towards completion of the game and only shows how bad the person speaking such things is.

i fucking did it, i beat GOTO-9 V3 v4 if you count crowley and i reached floor 40, i just need to kill one more Jin Die and the fence valve will let me in, i haven't been this thrilled

isn't the point of MH to kill stuff to make armor out of it so you can even have a slight chance at killing something bigger so you can make armor out of it to have a chance at killing something even bigger?

in years* its 3 am and i didnt proofread

Sure, but you are never required to craft the equipment that requires grinding to advance. You can avoid all the rare drops and you can even avoid deliberately farming the same quest for materials, since some monsters are present several times in either keyquests or at least sidequests. You can easily complete 3/4ths of a game by crafting 2 sets of armor and maybe around 3-5 weapons without upgrading either.
And even rare drops are now a joke with new drop system and an upgraded tier of farming skills.

goddamn i need a heavy haul of bullet metals.

how does anyone farm this shit? its so rare, and the bullet tubers are even rarer. only easy place that i remember having at least 3 bullet tubers is Meta-Koya

Mekaroku-go has three bullet tubers near an escalator. As far as I know, you can farm them without running into haters.

fucking hate this shit, if i press BACK and roll it means i want to roll back, not INTO the fucking enemy

Let it die
Let it die
Let it shribble up and-
Cmon, who's with me, huh?

Why are you using lock-on for anything other than 1-handed firearms?
That shit slows down your walk speed and makes melee combat much harder.

Also rolling is only good for dodging projectiles, and escaping after you whiff.

i found a treasure tuber MK-1 in Meta-Koya, thank god i had the quest active since the beginning of the game, i earned myself a death metal for that.

this Bullet Metal is the Pure Bladestone of LID

ahahaha what a funny meme fellow channer ;)

i killed about 51 of those tubers (18 escalator trips back and forth) and not a single metal.

Choppers + Never ever

and again, stamps 26, 27, and 29 are nowhere to be found, this rotation bullshit is shitting me hard, the stamp machine should be guaranteed in one of the existing areas of each floor in every rotation, not be random as fuck RNG garbage

Aside from some painfully obvious faults like bugs, broken quests and (((microtransactions))), I do love this game. It's a shockingly creative and refreshing new IP, and I hope it sticks around for a long time.

why doesn't satan have whacky glasses?

If you thought previous coens were hard, just wait till the 30f one that crashes your game if you attack it in the beginning of the fight. No, support doesn't give a fuck.

oh i heard about that bug, just dont attack until he pulls out the bodies

boy the server is working slow today. 2 whole minutes to buy a pair of pants from hitler

That shit annoys me too.

i found 26 in a dark floor that appeared in this rotation.

then i went to the only new dark floor in 27 and no stamp to be found. so i cant find stamp 27 in this rotation, gonna try the new dark floors in 29, probably won't find a thing knowing my luck

just as expected, the dark floors in 29 didn't have the stamp machine either

gettin' real tired of your shit gungho

Weapons that you swing can hit multiple enemies

am i the only one getting "connection error" when trying to send an expedition?

also does anybody know if i can throw a brainshroom at jackals to make them dizzy and finish them with a goretastic?

protip: 2-handed weapons have up to 4 moves, unlike one handed weapons which only have 2 moves.

try the Steel axe and the knight lance, i thought they were slow and shitty until i found out that regardless of which hand you're holding them, L2 and L1 have different moves than R2 and R1 and of course my current favorite the Masamune Blade

what happens when you do the stamp challenge and you get a miss?

i hit a couple correctly but then i missed others on the floor 39 stamp, and i got the stamp anyway but it looks the same as if i had gotten a "good" on it, except that the stamp shape is slightly girated, like about 30 degrees off.

jesus fuck i've been to 10 floors looking for stamps today and only found TWO, and then one of those goes so fucking apeshit fast that its impossible unless you practiced before.

Considering the ridiculous lengths people are going through on youtube to get jackal kills, I'd bet not.

Since they're not fighters, goretastics can't be used on them.

they aren't?

made it to floor 40, i dont want to beat the game until i have all stamps though. kinda gay that they appear whenever they fucking feel like it

so apparently im retarded, the stamp machines spawn always on the same "areas", and here's the list

letitdie.gamepedia.com/Stamps

daimon-machi (f27) just appeared, im going to get that one, have to fight coen again to pass mind you.

uwot?

Either you have trouble with reading comprehension or
Yes, I stand by the point that you are garbage.

you're trying too hard to save face at this point, just stop and go take some fresh air.

It happens; not sure what causes it. I once ran into a room with screamers using invisible spears.

I don't need to save the face, since I'm not the one grinding mushrooms and metal and whatever else there is in this f2p game.

how do i change my Taunt? i always do the same one regardless of the character, and i've seen different ones.

thirded

should i make another thread after this one bites the dust? can't believe i've been playing the same game for two weeks. i still need to beat gunkayama and the three stooges

This game is pretty fun, but I can see it getting old really fast unless they add new stuff, and by that I mean mechanical changes/improvements or new activities. The Death Metro thing is kinda cool but it only lets you gain Coins and Splithium, on top of this it's nearly impossible to defend your base unless you dump shitloads of money into defence so that the attacker has to beat a large amount of defenders and runs out of time.

If the game just gets more floors, weapons and stuff it's going to burn briefly but brightly and then die.

Does taunting actually do anything?

thats the idea dummy.

you have to upgrade your gear so all your guys have proper defense and attack, you have to give them different weapons, and of course, upgrade the most out of your bank in order to force the invader to lose time. when i see a level 130 guy with full Sengoku S armor i already know im in for trouble and will probably end up running around the platform until 1:30 when i can escape.

otherwise, the best defense is not having any resources to be stolen, spend everything, and when you need a big amount of coins or lithium, just raid over and over again like i am doing right now :^)

it probably does, but i have no idea what.

That is what I'm doing, I have 2 rank 3 characters and 2 rank 2 characters with the best armour I can give them and a +4 Jungle Machete E each. I even gave them all tank decals. They've killed 4 invaders so far but any time someone competent attacks me they get torn to shreds. Hell I broke through a guy who had 5 presumably rank 3 fighters just by waiting for them to whiff and shredding them in one combo. Does it take longer to kill fighters at higher levels? At lower levels everything seems to die in one combo to a decent weapon, but from what I've seen level 125 characters usually have 11k-12k HP, unless damage values get pretty cuhrayzee I'd assume they take a bit more time to drop dead.

Additionally, about armour, how do the defence values work? I see -% and +% but this is kind of ambiguous as to which reduces damage taken and which one increases damage taken. Also, you mentioned Sengoku armour, is it better than most others? I got the blueprint for the legs and head.

you know what gets pretty crazy? armor. armor does get pretty crazy. what you need is something to burn armor, because the difference between having full set of armor and losing just pants & helmet is literally one extra digit of damage. i mean it.

armor doesn't have a "defense" stat for nothing user. the higher the defense, the more damage you will suck up. all equipment in this game is less efficient as its durability goes down. a fresh item bought from hitler will do a lot more damage than the exact same item found at 20% durability out of a chest, hater, or screamer, likewise, armor sucks up more damage when its new than when its used (notice how the defense and attack number goes down with durability?) and the more armor enemies have, the more they will absorb, thats why its a good idea to always carry around a Red Hot Iron + (or if you are advanced enough, a Death Burner Iron, this thing eats armor like a motherfucker). even the lowest 1 star Red hot iron is useful as an "armor burner".
Anything that lits the enemy on fire also consumes their durability, since fire is a damage over time effect it erodes armor on each damage counter it does, Poison however, does not.

durability however, seems to work on a per-hit basis rather than a per-damage-absorbed one, that means that anything that makes 5 hits of 1 point of damage each will EAT ARMOR exponentially more than 1 hit of 1000 damage.

use buzzsaw knuckles, red hot iron, or even an assault rifle to break enemies armor. usually, the helmet has the less durability, the pants have the middle durability, and the chest armor always has the highest durability. if a fully equipped enemy comes across you and your machete is hitting him sub 100 damage, pull out the buzzsaw knuckles or the red iron and burn the armor away, once you take at least the helmet and the pants, hack away with your damage output weapon of choice.

and by the way, did you people know that rolling puts fire away? if you're set on fire (either by a stage hazard or by a weapon like Battle machete, Flame Wand, or Death burner iron) just roll around 2 to 5 times and the fire stops. Likewise, touching a water surface that goes above your knee or rolling in a shallow puddle of water (like the fountains in front of the Candle Wolf elevators) will also put out fire.

+ is good, - is bad. confirmed by the fact when you try to switch armor from one that has a +x% to one that has a -x% on that same type of damage, the number shows in red, while doing it the other way around shows the number in light blue (ie, better)

not really, but everybody seems to use it because COOR SAMURAI ROOK WE WUZ NIPPONESE. to be honest, i only have the helmet Blueprint, and i didnt bother it upgrading much because its too fucking expensive to purchase.
i have Sengoku Helmet S +2 with hitler and it has 125 defense, it gives 5% DEX & STR and it costs 11300, while power stomper mask +2 has the same defense, 5% HP, STM, 9% VIT and costs 9500.

if anything, sengoku helmet gives a STR bonus, and that might be why people use it, more STR equals higher damage. but armor and pants don't give stats and defense-wise its the same as any other set that is upgraded to the same level.

Alright, thanks for all of this. I've only really bothered upgrading the Machete and Iron Hammer, so I'll get on to upgrading an armour wrecking weapon as soon as I can. Just beat Jackson and wasn't having any trouble with armour on floors 1-20 but I guess that'll change soon.

As for helmets I wanted the D.O.D one that looks like a welders mask, I'm pretty sure it gives +13% HP, but I can't find the blueprint.

only way to find blueprints is to keep running the tower opening every chest you see

also, while you're on that, i suggest you farm the 100% gold chest in Nokejiri (floor 11) for green metals. you're gonna need those.