Zone of the Enders Thread

Why doesn't anyone ever talk about these games?
Yeah, yeah.

I want to play this series. Should I get the HD collection or just stick to PCSX2? Which is the best one? Why do we hesitate? Could there be peace or war? The answer no one knows. The blue bird flies away.

Stop making threads with the why doesn't anyone talk about this game crap. Let it rest, kid.

Because everything that was there to talk about has already been done at release and when the HD collection came out.
ZOE2 is my favorite game and the best one on the series but you have to play both to understand the story (and ZOE1 is really short anyways), the patchef HD Collection on PS3 is the best version.

They're short and old and as amazing as they are there really isn't much to say about them.

What is there to talk about besides zoe 3 never ever? If you just want a circlejerk thread, reddit is happy to accommodate you.

Rented ZOE1 cause the case looked cool, while having no idea that mecha existed.
Kind of blew my mind for the 3-4 hours it lasted, but I'm glad my 12 year old self didn't buy it.

A shame ZOE2 doesn't emulate well, I'll probably never get a chance to play it.

Probably since there hasn't been a ZoE3. Notice how most of the Holla Forums catalog is focused on current games, systems, and industry (and unfortunately /vr/ here is pretty much dead and only accepts discussion of games up through 2003, leaving 2003-subcurrent without a real home).

As far as I'm aware the HD version contains extra content from the EU release (I could be wrong), but High Voltage botched the initial port horrendously, though HexDrive eventually got brought in to make a patch to fix the ZoE2 section (only for the PS3 version though).

I played a bit of ZOE2 and it was pretty shitty. Felt like dumbed down autoaimed DMC clone.
It looked nice for PS2 game at least.

I suppose the point I was making with the second paragraph is that if you opt for the HD version, get the PS3 one and make sure to patch it.

Couldn't I just get a PAL ISO and play through the emulator?

Anyway, as for what's left to talk about, you have to fucking remember, you morons, that not everybody has played the same games as you. I'm effectively new to this series. I've heard about it, obviously, I've seen a little bit of gameplay footage here and there, but I have no idea what the hell it's about. What do you like about it? What do you hate about it? What is the gameplay like? How does it really shine, and what makes it unique? Is the writing as crazy as MGS?

/thread

The writing is pretty straightforward and not like MGS at all. I like the crazy battles and challenging difficulty, it really separates the scrubs from the experienced.

ZOE games don't emulate well in my experience.

I like da boobz.

ZOE1 made me physically ill. It's like Kojima decided to take the worst possible tropes of the mecha genre and ramp them up to eleven.

The protagonist is an even bigger bitch than Banana or Kamille, and those two are so crippled by autism they can't even summon the balls to shoot back at people trying to kill them.

I suppose so, but I'm not entirely sure how well it emulates myself (PCSX2 compatibility lists both the NA and PAL releases as being fully playable, but doesn't elaborate on how well they actually play via emulator).

I get that; believe me, I do. But unfortunately that doesn't equate to demand for much discussion. At least Zone of the Enders has the benefit of being a series that Holla Forums has really liked in the past, but then again, so is Ghost Trick and you never see threads on that here anymore (back in the day it used to see very frequent threads on halfchan, even years after its release). There's a number of games/series I'd love to discuss myself, but there's no warrant for making individual threads on now that would just rot in the catalog, so I have to wait for more broad threads to find some reason for discussion.

What, do you expect people who have played a game to just sit around and talk about it forever just in case someone who hasn't played it shows up? Why not just lead with those questions instead of starting a thread being pissy about how people aren't answering them without you having to ask?

ps2's are like 30 bucks, the equipment to get them modded is like another 30. Emulation isn't the only solution, and it's never the best solution.

yeah, them titties are incredible

ZOE2 is the complete opposite of that, you also beat the shit outta the first protag

Since when does anyone need an excuse to make a thread about any given topic? Way I see it, as long as it's vidya, it's worth discussing. People make a multitude of shitty threads and yet most of them devolve into shitposting. Fuck that.

What, do you expect people who have played a game to just sit around and talk about it forever just in case someone who hasn't played it shows up? Why not just lead with those questions instead of starting a thread being pissy about how people aren't answering them without you having to ask?
I don't expect anything. Maybe remove the stick from your ass, hmm?

Clearly you did have expectations, otherwise you wouldn't have started the thread in such an obnoxious shitpostery way.

Clearly, you're a faggot.

Maybe kill yourself, hmm?

I won't kill myself just to spite you.

It's breddy fun OP

didn't play #2

Zoe2 is to Zoe1 what Melee is to 64, you should play it.

ZoE 2 is better than the first game in every way, user.

I've played through ZOE2 entirely on PCSX2. It works fine. The build I played it on specifically was 1.3.0 if I remember correctly, and that was like two or three years ago.