FFXIV: HEAVESWARD GENERAL

FFXIV: Heavensward General
3.5 SOON EDITION

Seasonal event:
Cocksucker Central (Heavensreturn). Read more about it here:
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2017/Heavensturn/

Try the game for free for 14 days! (lvl [email protected]/* */) - ffxiv-freetrial.com/us/

Current Patch 3.5
Patch Archives - na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/patchnote_log/

Useful resources:
List of Commands(used for macros) - na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/win/text_command/
Gamer Escape - ffxiv.gamerescape.com/
Garland Tools Database - garlandtools.org/db/
XIV Database (It's good now)- xivdb.com/
FF logs - fflogs.com/
ACT (but don't tell anyone you're using it) - advancedcombattracker.com/
Guildwork - guildwork.com/client
Ariyala (gear build simulator/hunt-&lighttracker) - ffxiv.ariyala.com/HuntTracker/Exodus
Mithrie's guides(should cover a lot) - youtube.com/watch?v=nFn3SxUnR_c&index=1&list=PLbE_CU9Jt_uc0MAfIOY8JqtN5PyPO83Q5

1. Do all of your Main Story Quests - REQUIRED TO GET TO HEAVENSWARD AREAS
2. Do all of your class quests and get yourself a job - ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Category:Jobs
3. Attune to Chocobo Porters, Aetherytes & Aether currents ASAP - it will save you a lot of time & effort
4. Unlock your challenge log, gives great exp and some gil - ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Rising_to_the_Challenge
5. Do your daily roulettes - all of them are great until 60, except guildhests, which is great until around 40-50
6. Level crafting & gathering - free dosh
7. Cooking has an amazing crossclass skill at 37 you need to get.

Primal Data Center
>Exodus / New Wheels Order
The original Exodus FC, two years old and still going strong. For New Wheels order contact Aloise Astravir, Umbra Fendere, Veritas Vivet, Nano Monamo, or Kh'jit Meniwaers in game. If they aren't online, use the player search to look for anyone online in the FC. View their company profile then send an application. Remember to mention Holla Forums in tells and applications.

>Exodus / Concentrated Smug
Definitely the chillest FC on the planet. No gay or autistic shit. Whisper Rab Bbit, Aurora Soulwood, Balkius Hyorsyn, Charr Moddo, Claws Furalarm for an invite. We're a small, tightly knit group. Glad to help you get through the hard content and the deep complexities. View their company profile then send an application. Remember to mention Holla Forums in tells and applications.

If you're on Exodus and not in either of these FCs for some reason, send a /tell to anybody with the or tag to get an invite to a cross-FC linkshell.

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/272855-Regarding-the-Localization-of-Haurchefant-in-the-EN-FR-DE-Versions-of-FFXIV
xenoveritas.org/static/ffxiv/timer.html
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/d90ea3ee6d083eaba4f22e5deefe934b0a0a464e
twitter.com/AnonBabble

BLU soon?

SAMURAI OR NOTHING

RDM, BLU, SAM, and DNC.

Slow down there buster!

We can hope

hello

Boring jobs. What jobs requires you to go deep into the danger zone just to learn how to tickle nagas?

Beast Master.

It's perfect.

That's a good job too but still won't get you to get raped by a lamia and a mindflayer i don't have FFXIV. Don't tell me it's not in the game PUP's nice too.

You know that there has not been a single instance where blue mage was a tank. Dont give me that "they need to get hit by enemy skills" bullshit. They need to get hit by only ONCE.

Eh, I mean healer ultimately. I just call all the green classes Support because they're at least vaguely different in how they keep the party alive.

Yeah but why not?

Okay so SAM healer and RDM tank too cos why not xD. Also WHM is reworked into dps.

if anything BLU would be a DPS and DNC would be a healer.
Then again half of them are deluded FFXI posters who want that trainwreck they called "balance" included. I remember them bitching that NIN wasn't a tank a long time ago.

You can in FFXI with a small party. Couple of defensive and aggro spells can easily take care of enmity. I used to tank, heal, and attack with whatever the static party needed.

Well this is not XI now is it?

BLU should have limited slots for spells like the previous since it was balanced enough while dancer difference stances for either healing, buffs, or attack mode. SAM could be a pseudo tank like the previous too.

Well, BLU isn't in the game right?

Wow you sound upset that no one likes your shit game.

Maybe it should be. The more I learn about that game, the more fucking cool it is and that I wish FF14 was more like it.

New thought. Maybe the 4.0 overhaul is going to remove the strict roles and make the classes more unique like in FF11

You should damn well know that its never going to be a tank in a game like this. So stop trying this hard.

Maybe we can invent a time machine and go back to see all those beautiful dinosaurs.

Um, how am I upset by something nonexistent? Do you get mad if someone NTRs your imaginary waifu?

Well if we're not going to talk about maybes and what ifs, what's even the point of having a general? delet this

Yeah, you didn't play it did you.
Let me tell you what the game actually was.
Basically all gear was crafted, which is fine until you get into that crafting was just 100% pure RNG. HQing stuff was neccesary but also an exercise in frustration, as end game materials only dropped by enemies with 24+ hour respawns.
The combat was a complete joke by today's standards and was designed to work on 56K modems. Melee classes had nothing to do a vast majority of the time other than try to fill their TP bar up by auto attacking. And even then when the TP bar hit 1000 you could do 1 attack. and this took anywhere between 30-50 seconds depending on your setup.
Balance was a complete joke with certain classes being able to solo most of the game while others couldn't solo past level 4. Rangers pissed money at enemies while delivering decent damage and having a majority of their inventory space being taken up by bullets. Good magic was drop only meaning you had to farm for hours. Which wouldn't be so bad if…
The game is 100% party designed, if you didn't have a dedicated group to play with you spent a majority of your time AFKing in cities looking for groups.

Basically don't buy into the meme, it's a horrible game for people blinded by nostalgia, it had some moments of brilliance, the area design was great, and the music and graphics were phenomenal for the time. Music still is. But everything else about it reeks of the limitations of the time and a bloated life cycle

Not dedicated tanks but can take over if
No need to WoW-ify the game even further by fixing the jobs to their role. That's what made FFXI fun. RDM can semi-tank, DNC can deal some good damage, BST can tank, and PUPs as a risky healer.

And that's if you even managed to launch the piece of shit at all because GODDAMN the fucking installer and launcher were easily the most vile and useless loads of coded trash ever released for anything

It still sounds like there's some good ideas at play here. Especially the party thing. Since when do FF games not make you fight with a party?

pile of trash with like 4 hour updates when you first installed

Why not take the good points from that game? The concept was solid enough. Not sure why you want to solo in a MMO unless you came from WoW then it's understandable.

aaaaand its scrapped
You are asking Yoshi to break the holy trinity.
NIGGER DO YOU KNOW WHICH GAME'S GENERAL ARE YOU POSTING? Just go play private XI server dude you dont belong here.

No harm in talking about what ifs as long as they arent fucking retarded.

Yup not seeing anything wrong with that

Why on earth would you sit down and wait? Be a leader, call for any in a guild/linkshell, or go to the destination and find any straggling group that needs more members. Not sure why you're against static groups. That's how strong memories of the game is formed unless you had a bitter one you'd like to share here.

You never played on the actual servers did you.
That's the talk of someone who played so long ago or was young enough they don't remember what it was.

That's a pathetic defense.

that's even ignoring the fact that NM hunts wanted as few people as possible as how long the respawn times were and how desirable the items were.

There are regularly enough people for this online in my FC.

and see there's the issue. You couldn't play the game without people, which leads to a spiraling effect of people only logging on during very specific times in order to get groups.

okay, always

sure thing, whatever hoops you have to jump through in defense of your shitty idea.

damn sure showing me how great AFKing in towns is.

God you are such a fucking weak faggot.

You're right about me playing a long time ago. I stopped playing when it became easy to solo and level up cause a lot of drama and elitist wannabes since they're not experienced enough and depend a lot on youtube and wikis. I think it was around the end of the WoG. Still doesn't null the fact that I do find wandering parties or soloist that wanted company and support to level up faster. It's not hard to roam around when there's bountiful items to make you invisible.

Actually, the bigger the party the better the chance especially if the party members made a deal. Sometimes they don't even need the item but just around to support and socialize. Why is everyone treating MMOs like a single player game?

Cos its current year shitlord. Get your head out of your ass. This is what MMOs are now. Blame changing userbase and casual player increase.

Please you know as well as I do you needed 3 ways to make yourself invis because of sight Sound and Scent, and that didn't even work depending on the area.

No they didn't, that's why finding groups for NMs was such a pain in the ass, you either had to flat out pay them for all the money or call in a lot of favors if they were trying to gear up. Even then you had to get past the other 4 farming parties for endgame items because of 24 hour respawn times on the important ones.
Seriously you're talking out of nostalgia and not actual reality of the game.

You know there's a lot of single player games in the series if you'd prefer those. I hear FF6 is really good.

Please you're deluded if you think that you're going to be able to broker a deal with 23 other people or have the resources to.

Well maybe you need to try harder at making some good friends. I'll be your friend user.

You're pretty bad at this whole thing aren't you.
Try to make a reason on why world spawns with 24 hour respawn times in a game without pvp is a good idea.

That's partially true since the developers are to blame for attracting such playerbase. But whatever makes them more money seeing how we're in the minority.

I don't remember using a third item. The sight and sound is true but I think smell or detecting low health is the undead's ability. Still manageable if you a stack of each items which isn't too hard to craft too. As for NM parties I usually join a hunting party or as you said pay a small fee to join an already existing party. If you hate waiting there's usually an item of similar stats that can be found in the AH. It will be tough if you don't have any means of making money.

youre a fucking retard. sitting in jueno for hours or whatever zone with LFG up was not at all fun. there was no deal to broker or make, you either got lucky, played a job you didnt like, or waited.

You're right about items that's locked into your account. That's a bit too hectic to deal with. The only item that deserves such would be the sellable ones since it can be abused.

Have fun fishing moat carp fucker. Doing that for hours is definitely the best game design.

Actually shit, I was thinking about it all wrong. FFXIV wasn't a game, it was a Moat Carp Fishing simulator until you had enough money to bribe people to play with you!

Yeah 20 people sitting on a spawn to sell an item is certainly better. Alternatively pay an absolutely absurd sum of money in a game where money is a slog to get!

I think we already established you just need to get some friends and an FC. I mean shit, a handful of fags from here are managing it on an FF11 private server. Are your social skills really that lacking?

Just make it not as long as 24 hours. Why would PvP make it better? You can't work together with all your friends if you're accidentally hitting them.

The fuck are you talking about they still have to post "get on at X o'clock" and still have trouble making endgame content half the time.

This is why MMOs are slowly turning into a single player but with an area chat.

Because people don't want to sit around doing nothing but waiting for a group and eating up sub time?
God I hate when people are entitled like that

They have to coordinate at all, so it's an MMO now, plus with a broken server and low numbers, they still have moderate success. How is this not a show of good potential?

This is what I noticed with ex-wow and newer players. Mostly anti social with a hint of angst from all the corpse camping and world bosses drama. It's a shame though.

I posted ways in solving such issues. Sitting down and wasting time isn't one of them. If you're adamant about sitting down then maybe the genre is not for you.

They can't get through dunes on their newer players unless they carry them

No you didn't, you posted ideas that don't work in actual application.

I know you really liked the game when you were younger, but it had horrible design decisions.

Coming from a person on 8ch. Glass houses and stones.

Is this what they call projection? You know we're not all actually autistic, just because we happen to browse some imageboard, right?

You're defending a game that takes so much time it's a second job. I find it hard to believe you actually have a social life there.

Have you ever even been in a guild for more than a week?

Have you ever had a job?

It always was that for most players tho, even back in XI. I was in a fun active LS, but everyone was always off doing their own thing with levels all over the place. Nobody was able to coordinate or wanted to. This is all an anecdotal claim as I quit XI before level sync was introduced

It did take a lot of time, too much time. but I also see why they are defending it. It was an MMO and one of the last ones that forced people to work together.

Care to break down my points? It was pretty effective for me till I last played. And if you're implying that anyone of any age can easily socialize and manage in FFXI then it's embarrassing for those who can't now I was working in a 12 hour shift with 4 days off so maybe I got it easier. Still managed after I returned back to normal weekday shifts

It's only tough when you expect everyone to serve you in the game. NPCs =/= PCs.

Yes. Have you, and have you ever been in a guild for more than a week?

Yes.
You're slipping, try to calm down and think things through before typing it out.

Have you played it when you were above 12 years old?

Jesus christ fellows, this is really some autistic bullshit you're going on about. I would almost prefer you just posting [email protected]/* */ instead.

Instead of wasting your time letting your autism wild, how about you give me a rundown of the top 3 lore-founded reasons to hate potatoes?

True. The level sync feature is truly a blessing for lower leveled parties. Also a curse when higher since they'd be used to the dunes and lower leveled abilities/skills.

It's quite clear I was asking your job question back. I hear that those with autism have trouble understanding other people. I guess that would explain why you have so much trouble finding others to play with in MMOs.

I don't get the reaction image, did you burn through your folder.

Also you didn't answer the question, and you that statement still didn't work.

That was a serious question? I've never played FF11, which I made apparent early on. You need to work on your reading comprehension.

I'm not sure how elaborating that Lalafells are jews is much less autistic. How about, do people who aren't retarded actually think Samurai is going to be one of the new classes? It's a dumb thing but apparently "Yoshi P" wears shirts to fanfests to tease the new classes, and the most recent one was a Spiderman shirt. Wouldn't that hint towards Blue Mage?

You're defending a game you've never played, and even better, you're defending an idea that the implementation of was a disaster.

It's obvious that he's implying that you're misunderstanding the post before that. Either ways, maybe the genre isn't catered for everyone like how I suck at FPS games but excel in MMOs and RPGs since I found them fun. When the game is catered to the casuals it will only degrade the game for its intended audiences turning it into the games released nowadays: a mixed bag of everything and easily forgotten.

I remember a trainwreck, that doesn't mean it was good.
Funnily enough that was exactly what best describes FFXI. Neat to look at, but horrible to be in.

Literally nothing wrong with that picture. Drunk sex is for degenerates and forces people to have sober sex. This simply makes women try to get sex without alcohol.

So? Communism is bound to work eventually. It's only failed because it's not my specific brand of communism.

Communism pls go, only anarcho-capitalism works.

So what's the secret to leveling miner without going insane in the process?

I did it by multitasking some series I had on my backlog.

famfrit here
when cross server pf comes, beware of the shitters from my server

Doing the leves with the bigger EXP bonus, the ones where you only have a certain number of nodes and have a certain amount you need to obtain, and by obtaining more you get more EXP.

I think the only real answer is that you don't.

Everytime I use ground targetted aoe on the boss I click one of the melee causing me to lose target. Is there a way to make me incapable of targetting friendies?

I forgot that retards want to reinvent the fucking wheel when it comes to MMOs

holy fuck shit this is horrifying

Got anything better?
gw2 tried to reinvent that shit now they have tank/healer/dps spots for raids

Why are commies the biggest belly achers in MMOs?

in your dreams you commieshit. freedom will always be better than your shitty system. I dont even care if you are being retarded on purpose its fucking retarded.

Threadly reminder this is a real thing that happens

Table clothes are meant to be stained.

Stop it with the anti-semitism, go…I mean, fellow Eorzean :^)

REMOVE POTATO
NEVER FORGET THE LESSONS OF 2.5

smh tbh fam

>implying the jew potato isn't so invested in their own shekels they will invent the T virus, plant that shit in their own city and then kevetch about the other side saying they were the ebul genociders

Just like a potato, they reinvent history when it suits them.

user, you sure didn't feel way when you were talking to Momodi the other day.

The only good potato is a roasted potato.
Kryle can stay but only if she personally executes Tataru.

golem? ive seen people calling potatoes allag golems. why?

Ah, so you do have a fetish for lady smallfolk. I can't say that I blame you, user. They're members of the chosen people, after all.

Story spoilers:
Allag created the potatos to be golem servents. When Allag when full retard and attacked Mercydia both nations were more or less wiped out. The potatos with no more masters fucked off to warmer climates where they became bite sized niggers monkeys until they figured out how to make a boat that doesn't kill them. From there they met the [email protected]/* */ and stared to scheme.

You are right. The only good potato is a dead potato. Thank you for showing the error of my ways.

Pay no attention to wise tales >_>

That Azys Lla expedition was filled with a bunch of third-rate drunkards. Too much wine and lack of decent spectacles.

WHAT
A
SHOCK!

N-No, you.

I need to get around to making a Lalafell Wojak

>mfw you are defending potatoes after the Crystal Braves incident

I have never seen a good looking potato. Personally, I don't think they don't have any features on their body to make any armor look good without the whole glamour being about the armor rather than the character. They are even the worst race ascetically wise imo.

Odin's FATE is on 36 hour timers. And I don't hear anyone complaining about that.

Because that's just ONE fight that doesn't drop shit besides some passable glams and that's it, you dumb potato

this sounds like fan fiction, source pls

**>lolorito gives raubahn a vial with the cure for nanamo's awakening

NO FUN ALLOWED

what the fuck is wrong with you faggots

The eoriza encyclopedia. The beginning of the book talks about each astral/umbral era. They also spent 4 pages on allag and how they ruined everything for us even to this day. The book itself is pretty damn good, it's like a giant 300 page lore book about the game.

which page

go on

every one of these threads devolves in to cancerous potato discussion all of you should kill yourselves

Are these even spoilers? Far as I understand, a lot of the Eorzea Encyclopedia stuff is nowhere in the actual game.

Look at the beginning where they talk about the astral eras. I think it was the 3rd for 4th astral era. It's real early in the book.

It's ok, user. We can't all be great

They the only thing they are great at is giving nations a political black eye.

xth for so bored i made my axe stupid huge with some stupid editor i found

all females have muscle sliders but only roe mid and high have them mapped to the body properly, miqote are kind of half mapped to the body, looks ok in houses if you dont overkill the number but when the lighting is directional or dynamic it looks really fucked up, havent seen elezen but i would assume they are ok too, lalas and Au Ra would probs look super scary with the sliders up
you can shrink paladin shields to invisible too, basically a client-side emperors new shield

Even when his gear was still decent for ARR endgame relatively few people made the argument that his respawn timer was too long.
Putting other NMs on similarly long timers won't break the game, just run off the impatient idiots.

No offense, user, but she looks like she came out of the Sims.

Pic unrelated

Good for you I guess, but I will never understand client side modifications to MMOs. Even SweetFX doesn't sit right with me considering 99% of those screenshots just look like someone cranked up the color saturation to 11.

what if anyone with the mod could see everyone elses changes, but not those without the mod?

Oh christ this guy

how do you get client sided mods?

im not doing this for any other reason except to see stupid shit and because im bored

i have spent most my time in arma 3 and god eater now anyway, WHERES THE DS3 DLC ANNOUNCEMENT, WHERES MY FFXIV CLASS UPDATE, WHERES THE PATCH

Sounds about right.

How do people in 2017 not know the bare bones basics of how mmos work?

the steam version is pretty good

potd

Did they realize how stupid Alphinaud's outfit looked in ARR thus replacing it by the new one Tataru made. I can only hope they're not bringing it back when they leave the colder areas.

can you make her ass bigger with these mods?

I don't know, I was one of those weirdos that bought the ps2 version of MonHon back when I was a teenager so seeing MonHon as it is now and the clones from them just depress me. It's nice that they came out with the steam version for the pirates though, that is pretty considerate of them.

not yet

they will replace it with something that makes him look double the fuck boy

unfortunately no, half the reason i got the mod was to make her tits bigger, the other half was ass
you can only adjust things that have some kind of existing slider value and there is no ass slider (there is a bust slider for male characters that you can adjust but nothing happens) you can even make your character glow bright colours

Nigger.

Elin tier skindentation thighs remain only a fantasy.

your a nigger

i havent played any monhun games, dont like handhelds so this is my first time playing a monhun clone

Alisa is pretty cute

I would say give it a torrent/download with an emulator. If you like God Eater's gameplay you might enjoy the psp outings.

To be fair dps not moving much is acceptable if you are BLM since you kinda need to stay still to keep the chain going and maximize lay lines, and taking a small hit or two for the sake of burning shit harder is well within tolerable unless your healer is a complete nigger

How would you even know? You're the only nigger c@ avatarfag that shitposts their mudskin every fucking day.

Shame most of her porn is weight gain and things with the "hyper" prefix for some reason.

i didnt need to know that

which explains it but its still bullshit.

Even hyper-slut?

no "hyper" and "omni" and just to let you know its an existing fetish altered for autistic people.

you know too much about this user

Oh yeah that's completely different to "taking a hit or two"

You get bored and browse /cow/ at 3am you learn some shit.

HowNuRU?

I'm spooked solid

Also story spoiler-ish question:
This was the chick who you defeated on floor 50 of POTD right? Because that Necromancer on floor 100 revived her and made her his puppet thing? I know she was the one who's fiance died in the beginning of the game with that adventurer group that was arguing at the table in New Gridania.

Yes.

Guys what should I spend my Poetics on between levels 50-60? Ironworks armor? I also understand that going for a relic weapon is useless since you can get a better one in HW, right?

And what about beast quests, are they worth it if you're not a crafter?

Edda is still the cutest qt boss encounter.

She has been with you the whole time. Including her ghost haunting you in cities if you look around. Eddas ghost is always ju-on'ing you.

for level 50-60 id say do the beast tribe quests. They scale with your level, earn you rep and decent xp

I pity them. They'll never know the joy of being Hydaelyn's chosen.

The only thing better than a fully upgraded relic is what drops from A12S. It takes a while to get one, though.
The only beast tribe quests for crafters are Ixal and Moogle. The others are good for story and exp for low level jobs.

just making sure i have everything lined up, because I cleared floor 50 of POTD before I did TamTara (Hard), so my initial reaction was wait, when the fuck did she die? But now it all makes sense.

I mean she IS pretty cute…

seeing her in cities is only about a 1% chance though isn't it?

Anyone on midgarsomr?

When she falls off the boss platform in the cutscene after you beat TT(Hard) for the quest

But did you get her hubby mount?

What I meant is that you can build the Anima weapon without going Relic weapon path->Zodiac weapon path, at least the wiki says so. So I don't know if there's a reason to the the Relic-Zodiac weapon.

i know that now

her husband's a mount??

Oh and did I read their notice right? FFXIV is going to be down for 24 hours just for a patch?

yeah, sure looks like it. Not until Tuesday iirc.

Yep for ten gelmorran potshards, far as i know im the only autist on my server who bothered to get it.

wew. I'll be passing on that one. That's way too much money to be made.

shit its only 10 potsherds?
imma get me an ugly face mount

usually its only 12 hours and maintenance ends early often. usually around a huge major patch.

Holy shit, steam and the god eater's devs really fucked everyone over.

I really can't wait to see how they top this on SB

I hear it will be explosive.

Did someone say explosive?

Lalafells are jews though.

Typical fucking kikes

GAS POTATOES! RACE WAR NOW!

smh tbh fampai. very disappointed in you all.

is two sixes baby satan?
checkerino'd

thats how it's supposed to be done.

did it really just say from 2am the 16th to 2am the 17th? 24 fucking hours? is that a typo?

No, it's not a typo, and no, you won't be given extra game time to compensate. Square customer support is legendarily shit, basically valve-tier.

sophia ex was a mistake

Meanwhile Rise of the White Raven remains in the multiple millions. To be fair that fight is bullshit.

FUCK OFF
I FUCKING HATE POTATOES
I HATE THEIR DUMB FACES
I HATE THEIR DUMB WALKING ANIMATIONS
I HATE ALL THEIR ANIMATIONS, HOLY SHIT STOP DOING THEM YOU FAGGOTS THEY LOOK AWFUL
ALL GEAR LOOKS AWFUL ON THEIR RETARDEDLY SHAPED BODIES
THEY'RE ALWAYS THE WORST PLAYERS
THEY'RE ALWAYS THE CANCER OF THE SERVER
THEY'RE LITERALLY JEWS IN THIS GAME'S LORE
FUCK THE GOD DAMN POTATOES
I JUST MASH THEM INTO A MILLION PIECES AND THROW THEM INTO THE OVEN

THOU SHALT NOT SUFFER A POTATO TO LIVE.
-Gordon Ramsay's Ultimate Home Cooking page 24

Don't forget THE FUCKING LAUGH
ONLY SOUND IN THE GAME THAT MAKES ME WANT TO PUNCH THE SCREEN

You think its bad now?

In FFXI the Taru taru actually spoke in baby talk like "t-that guy is scary-wary!"

Shantotto can stay. I like a character who is a natural rhymer by day.

you guys wouldn't want to hurt Tutaru would you?

Yes.
In a fucking instant the game gives me the option to.

Potato fleshlight.

same honestly. Her and and the sultana both

Stick your dick in a baked potato. It's the same feeling.

My biggest gripe with the game is that they didn't let you run off and let her get eaten when she tried to become an arcanist

Hey fuck you mang she tries her hardest.

i need to play that game again.

The best moments were seeing reality come crashing down on the potato.

but her carbuncle did just that.

I remember her trying to be a miner but I cant remember her ever being an arcanist. Also.
LALAFELL MASTER RACE
TATARU AND THE SULTANA IS CUTE!

but then she went and made y'shtola's Zetta Ryouiki outfit, and Alisaie's current hotness. this makes her redeemable in my eyes.

can't wait to see what she does with Yda

she's probably going to be responsible for making the trailer outfit

Really makes you think

I'd have noose leash around her neck and gravity fuck her as she slowly gets strangled while being impaled on my cock.

I think I'm beginning to understand the potato hate.

That's actually a bannable offense, just report him and he'll get hammered for a day at least

Potato hate aside, that's one thing I hated about getting into content late. You can just power wipe stuff like it's nothing. I felt less like a "hero" and more like a bully nuking everything.

I'm also less inclined to get back into the game because I figure it will be more of the same kind of groups where well geared and experienced players just blast through whatever the challenge is.

no better time than now then, seeing as a new patch, with new content, is dropping. hammer out the old stuff, get an ilvl that lets you tackle the new stuff, and you'll face it like a newbie.

If you want a challenge in regular content then you need to just show up when the new expacs launch. Everyone will be undergeared and getting destroyed by the new dungeons. The shitters can't be carried at that point and there will be plenty of salt over it.

I haven't even touched any content in heavensward. Moreover I'm into some other games right now and I'm probably not gonna get the expansion until it goes on sale

>oy veyying echos in the distance

Coincidence?
I think not

I was always wary of Haurchefant. Compared to the other characters he always acted in such a strange way, overly familiar, like a dog who saw his master. I always thought he was controlled by an ascian following my steps. In the end it seems he was the truest friend there was in the whole game and I couldn't even acknowledge it because of all the betrayal in this game.

Potatos are to blame for this and we must kill them all.

Did you know Harchelefant was supposed to be constantly flirting with you even if you played a male? They removed this in the (((localization))) but left in the lesbian cat in the desert hot springs

proof?

Feels good when localizers remove shit that doesn't bother me for once.

I don't see anything wrong with this

the wanderers palace hard attunement quest had a couple of obnoxious fags that were not removed sadly, or were possibly put there in just the amerikwan version

They didn't remove it because lol homos, they removed it because the cucks in charge found it "creepy" and "rapey"

Here you go famalam
forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/272855-Regarding-the-Localization-of-Haurchefant-in-the-EN-FR-DE-Versions-of-FFXIV

lol, don't care.

t.fucboi tia

I admit, I'm gelatinous. I missed that event.

fuck, I really love this game and now im gonna feel bad about this bullshit.

this however does make me feel better knowing the devs can admit they are at fault for something.

I am not sure how you are getting "homosexual" from "loveable debauchee"

All this PROBLEMATIC stuff from Japan. We should just make them more diverse like america right guys!

I'm glad they fixed it but fuck for associating gay with that.

What are you guys doing to yourself.

crying

They actually dropped basically everyone's voice from ARR to Heavensward. I think only Minfilia and Yugiri, before being you know killed, and the rest were replaced by brit bongs.

Suddenly changing the VAs make sense, rarely anyone there has a long life span.

I fucking hate all the britbong voice actors they got. Tataru went from tolerable to complete shit, and I hate how ever female character has nearly the same shitty accent. Some of the english voice actors are okay, but at least half of them need to go.

How can I check how many more duties do I need to get my shitty crown icon?

Sorry, I have no idea. Did you try talking to the faggot crown giver npc?

go down to achievements and then "battle" and see how close you are to getting the dungeon master achievement or which ever you get for doing 1000 dungeons.

Don't forget you also need to have done the level 60 class quest of a tank, dps, and healer class. Also need to have gotten 300 commends from dungeons.

which quest is this from?

I need it to shit on Aurion Pax from an equal standpoint to trigger him harder

i thought shantotto was a blm?

Get a load of these cucks.

Despite all that, he'll always be my boy.

F

nvr 4get

ala mhigo people are such dicks. and what we got to help their asses come expac. countless times thru story/side/class quest they try to fuck you over someway

They dindu nuffin, was jus tryin' gain experience.

Widargelt got better, just had to beat the shit out of him and steal his shirt.

Yes. The story in PotD continues from that questline, despite PotD unlocking at fucking level 15 and that being a level 50 quest.

PRIMAL IS KILL

Here come the day long maint, man thats too fucking long.

I can't follow the timezones at all but if my research is correct we still have 12 hours of play left. It says 10PM.

if by 12 hours you mean 20 minutes then sure

maintenance is in like an hour and twenty minutes.

Played the game in Nip (brushing my language skills for work reasons). I would say it is more of an imagine spot or yaoi fuel for fangirls that would normally bother to look into it that deep.

I haven't played in months due to grinding in other games but is there any reason for two FCs in the same server?

so heres something useful, you can use these client side only edits to preview different character skins, hair colours, armors and eye colours, which is extremely useful considering the lighting in the actual character creator menu is based on the old dx9 system and so is extremely misleading

some kind of drama and salt, wont matter in the long term since players are gonna start coordinating groups by data center instead of server after the next update

whoops

I will never stop being mad

i predict that wont be a thing for very long

also MAINT NOW, POST CATS

What to do all day, this is the only game I play.

Write angry emails to squeenix about how they need to enable cross-server parties for all data centers together

do ravana synched and lose faith in humanity.

F U C K A S T R O
U
C
K
A
S
T
R
O

I'm CAT
Who is the masked potato?

Managed to get a lot done before maitenence today. Did all the running around and finally unlocked Labyrinth which was fun as all hell. I can't wait for more raids and finally access to Crystal Tower. After that I tore through MSQ all the way through beating Leviathan. Maintenance can't end soon enough.

Yeahhh they didn't exactly think that one out i feel. I mean sure the people doing POTD who'd already cleared TamTara Hard long before would get it, but I was so fucking lost when they first revealed Edda as the one stalking you the first 50 floors.

Do you feel in charge?

oops didn't mean to reply to that same user twice

All this lalafel hatred and I just wanted to be a cute gnome lookalike in a big hat. You should all be focusing hate on something productive. Like purging the majority of Dragoons. It'd be easy, all you'd have to do is put down some aoe dmg indicators and they'd jump right into the ovens.

All this Dragoon hatred and I just wanted to leap into the sky and pierce dragons. You should all be focusing hate on something productive. Lke purging the majority of the Lalafells. It'd be easy, all you'd have to do is put down some gil and they'd jump right into the ovens.

When is maintenance over?

In 22 hours.

HAVE A THING
xenoveritas.org/static/ffxiv/timer.html

na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/d90ea3ee6d083eaba4f22e5deefe934b0a0a464e

Patch notes in full. Probably linked this shit wrong.

6 new mounts
6 new minions
11 new triple triad cards
13 new fish
27 new orchestrion rolls
shit tons of new furniture

interesting it does not show the new relics and what ilvl they are

those 'win x frontlines/feast with title equipped' achievements are obviously where the garo mounts are going to come from… 60 wins before 4.0 boys, time to get farming

there's no GC restrictions now (its an option with undersized parties)
i have switched back to immortal flames and im just gonna go fucking mental on the garo grind as soon as i down Zurv

relic weapons will most likely be 270, unfortunately this means lazy players are more likely to just wait an extra week or 2 to complete their relic weapons instead of even bothering attempting the new primal until they are welfare geared like crazy

GET THE EXPERT PRIMAL DONE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, CLEAR IT WITH AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE FOR THE BONUS TOMES IN THE FIRST WEEK

Are the earlier parts of the relic chain nerfed because we are late into expansion?

I'm thinking I should just start from a Kinna weapon since I already have the 90+ aetherite from leveling in PoTD. Getting a weapon as good if not better than relic through fun fights as opposed to the autistic grind sounds a lot more enjoyable.

I did ravana ex synced last night with randoms and it only took one try, I didn't even get to notice any mechanics because the guy just died really fast

I mean ya nothing really ever gone wrong after it comes back up but fuck these times are long as fuck

Honestly I'd rather have a long but certain to work maintenance than some rushed shit that's full of bugs

fucks sake

When it comes to demonslaying, your options are either Edgy or Cuhrayzee. Dante has Cuhrayzee on lockdown so we get Edgy.

Still now worth the fucking time. It's absolutely useless.

i dunno user, self repairing is kinda neat

crafting while its own thing you can make money from it just know what to craft and shit of course its hell of boring and you need to get all the crafters level to get all their abilties so you can easily HQ leveling stuff and above to sell for profit.
cooking still sells good cause people need food buffs.
also glamour housing and airships so it has its uses

whats the fastest way?

Buy levekits and hit 60 in a day, and now the patch will make the investment needed for this smaller

What's going on in this pic?

Find a friend who can craft and has time to power level you up with leves. It usually took about 12-16 turn ins per level after 50. It was less if you did the moogle beast quests. It takes about 9-12 for sub 50, so we could see the HW leves drop down to 9-12.

It was to be expected. It was either light or books again and I still hate books. Having said that, the light grind is going to be utter ass just like it was back in arr. Feeble was 2 and the strongest was like 16 when you needed 2000.

I'm assuming hw light will only come from hw duties and pvp/fates. There are like 10 little mahatmas too. Yoshi also said we would hate this step, so what if it's 2000 light per hw mahatma or 20,000 light total?

She's getting dicked so hard that the penis is pushing outwards.

but why?

Beastiality

What did she mean by this?

Busy day tomorrow, glad I'm not a wagecuck who will be forced to log in late and party with shitters.

Don't you get bored after rushing through all the content?

Content in this game is so short lived that you pretty much rush through without trying.

#MAGA

wtf i love bernie now

oops :^)

Get fucked.

Not really all that surprising tbh.

I still don't get what's so wrong about the fact Trump has put all the jews on his leash and gets to tell them what to do.

God forbid the lazy fuck come up with something that poses an actual challenge to players so shitters have to either "git gud" or go without.

Fucking relic quests are such boring trash, but when I have no one to do A12 with I'm shit out of fucking luck.

How big can you make the tits with this?

you know I really liked the beginning of the anima stuff since you needed to do dungeons for it, even if people just did them unsynched. they need to have something like that, maybe just a super hard dungeon specifically to get the next relic part.

They should just make the stuff drop from Hard and Savage bosses and make it guaranteed drop so you need to be good instead of be a grinding fuck and make it so they only drop from synced parties

I wish they'd do something like this then their dumb just grind 100 hours of boring dungeons you've already done 1000 times.

the max bust X Y Z size values are 1.08, 1.18 and 1.2
despite this player imposed limit, bust sliders can go all the way up/down to an actual in engine hard limit of 50.0 which has some horrific results
why would it even go to 50, why would it not just stop scaling at 2.0 or 3.0?

Define "horrific".

I mean he wanted to rub your muscles

What the fuck was that you just said?

And with define this user means "screencap thoroughly"

the servers are down for maint

good christ those were the good days

One job.

Vault is boring as hell, why would anyone want to do the place again with faggier tryhard knights this time?

you seem to imply that sohm al was anymore exciting user

I don't know, I thought the Vinegaroon boss was fun.
Probably because i was screaming at players who didn't know what to do with what color slime
And thanks to this place, I live off fucking salt

I think the bosses of the Vault would lend itself well to a higher increase in difficulty. Leave only 1 safespot between the horses and make them move faster. Instead of 1 chain 2 chains.

nigga the vault was the best 3.0 dungeon, no idea why you would have another run through that place though.

Pretty sure the achievements mention their names though. 13 jobs, 13 "It's Done" achievements with snowflake names next to them.

not bad/10

took forever to get this shot. a watched minion never does anything cute.

when is maintenance ending again?

at 4AM CST/2AM PST

lookie here faggot

If you go to bed now tomorrow will come quiker

gibe new bread

Only 3.0 kids will remember.

Save it for when maintenance is over. Any new threads right now would just fade into deletion.

good thing Aery is easy shit, now this kind of memester in AV though

I hate being afraid of fucking up and killing everyone

In this game, tanking and healing is so braindead that i'd rather run as those than my dps for roulettes.

????

Tanking and healing is all I do. I have not been able to get a single DPS class to level 40. I actually haven't played a healing class since getting Warrior to 60, in fact. Maybe it's because I don't have to worry about ripping aggro off the tank if I am the tank. Or maybe it's because I've never been able to get into the groove of a DPS rotation.

GET READY FOR SOME PATCH HYPE

I don't see much complaining about healers, and it might be braindead but people still manage to play like trash which is why people complain.

What makes you say it's braindead?

basically everything is braindead in dungeons, just some things much less so

I have never seen anyone complain about any dps beyond dragoon memes, which doesn't make any sense with all the shitters around and wowfugees with the MUH DEEPS mentality that you'd expect to flock to the class

DPS meters are bannable, so you basically can't complain in-game or on their forums.

Except they arent. If I see a good DPS I usually ask them 'what was my DPS on boss/that pull?' and they'll tell me.

The only thing Square doesnt like is actively using your parser to be a tool and harass people with it.

Fuck off Starcade.

Try doing a 24 man raid 1 or 2 days from reset or anything with a dps race mechanic. Retarded dps are just as (if not more) common then bad and or dumb tanks/healers, only difference is that its hard to tell otherwise without a parser unless they are floor tanking or standing in lethal aoes or you have a feel for how fast the run should be going. I've had 50 dps summoners in fucking Autism Vale.

Pretty much this. There's shitty dps all over the place, but shitty dps don't usually cause wipes so you never notice them as much.

9 HOURS LEFT
Is your poopsock ready?

jokes on you faggot, im already going to take a nap in preparation

I'm just gonna play FFXV until it's time.

I've lost my determination to complete the Main Story. Is there anything we get out of this time beyond an achievement and a cheesy title? I'd rather just sit in Grindana with my thumb up my ass if so.

man I wanna fucking play, Im gonna take a nap and wake up at reset time, maybe it will be ready by then

Just power through it next time you can log in. You only have to complete it once.

You need to complete the main story quests to progress in the game so that's really the biggest incentive to do it.

YES

Thank you SE this truly is the best patch of 3.X

Nigga please

Just pre-patched.
still cant log in, as expected, but man i wanna do me some moogle quests i missed last night

well this sucks

Discuss. SAM confirmed?

people are going to be extremely upset

I was on until they shut down the servers for the patch, I went to download the patch and instead got this lovely thing.

Time to wait for more patch datamines

what the fuck happened?

I don't know, I haven't any access to the email this account is on at the moment.

SAM confirmed. BLU btfo. gif related

Holy shit most of the new animas look like dog shit. Zurvan's shit looks kinda alright.

i think you may have been hacked but square caught it and banned it to protect any private information

Summoners are under the radar but there are just as much if not more bad summoners than there are dragoons. I never ever see them switch their pet to the adds or other mechanics they leave it on the boss while he mostly is immume during such mechanics thus flat already wasting 30% of their overall dps. The fact that the class also has 10cds that need to be used correctly and dots that have to be timed properly it's a nightmare to have a bad summoner in your party.

server is up let's go

thought it was an hour early but you're right

I fucking give up.

In a similar vein, can you guys shed some light upon which DPS job is the most challenging when it comes to its mechanics? If I ever take a break from tanking I would like something that can keep me on my toes.

SAMURAI

They look really bland. Blm does look like it might be pretty good once it gets an aura. I'm still not sure what Ast's is supposed to look like. The image was really bad.

I'm thinking they were meant to be seen with an aura rather than plain. Otherwise, most of them do look like gear that dropped back in arr.

i would laugh if it means something else

so the anima weapons have a huge particle, this is the drg spear

ShAMan confirmed. Spider-Man had that whole totem shit going on at some point.

>tfw no more Hildibrand until Stormblood

FUCKING LEL

so 100% serious questions. I played FFXI for 10 years but recently quit. Main was Rdm with DNC as 2nd main since I like hybrid roles/jobs. With the release of RDM in June I'm thinking about buying FFXIV and joining for my first time

Thank you

Yeah nigger give up

shit nevermind. I just realized that I can't start off as Machinist or Astrologian until I hit level 50 and finish Heavensward

Guess I'll need to figure another starting job. Scholar or Bard would kind of get me into the RDM spirit I guess. They book look hybrid-y

Bard with a bow looks so funny though

I cannot answer most of your questions since I am but a simple noob, not even max level, but as for paying your subscribtion through the Steam wallet, yes that is indeed possible.

It looks like all of them except for Mch. I'm not feeling Ast too much, but Whm and Blm are looking good.

Thanks for the answer. Great! I don't like to use my credit card for anything and I buy prepaid STEAM cards for everything

So being able to pay via STEAM is an amazing thing for me. Such good news

God, that axe is pretty. I still need to upgrade my anima weapon to 210, how far off is that thing?

She's big.

This isn't lewd, genuine spoiler if you're interested.

you can get those at the start of the heavensward quests basically

B A C K P U S S Y

:s

clearly dragoons need EVEN more edge

Those woman from the Junius family seem strong waifu material, loyal to the death.

A lot of the relics/animas look much better in motion. The pictures don't really do them justice.

Warrior is fucking garbage.

butthurt male cat who wants every weapon to be big like monster hunter detected

Nah, fam. Looks like a weapon I had at fucking 30 with some shiny shit. Just doesn't look like a war relic.

any class or job at level 50 should be enough assuming you have cleared teh entire main storyline
that is plenty of time to do most of the game in.
solo play is good, you got a dungeon finder helping you get people to do stuff, Old players doing stuff will love you for giving them the first time bonus.
not gonna get that until level 50 and after you get to ishgard, Play bard instead they are pretty similar.
I dont know but if you buy through steam you have to buy all the expansions through steam as well.

new bread