Kingdom Hearts

2.8's been out in Japan for a few days now. Anyone here managed to play Ground Zeroes 0.2?

I'm waiting for the day when Disney finally ends their contract with Sqeenix because they just fucking sit on the rights to Disneys IPs and barely do shit with it.

Apparently the final boss of 0.2 is a horde of shadows. GAY AS FUCK.

I'm not playing the same game for 2nd time.
I only care for KH3 at this point.

This. I'm pretty much at the point where 3 can take a long walk off a short pier too just on sheer principle.

You know a series is fucked when it takes this long this long for a sequel and there's a million different point fraction somethings between sequels that are somehow all still canon except lolretcon so you don't even know what the fuck is going on anymore.

Amazon JP reviews generally say it's okay.

Apart from the 2- and 1-star ratings because this is the 5th cashgrab SE has gone for inbetween II and III.

Any Kingdom Hearts game have been retconned. Fucking Kingdom Hearts 2 starts after a Game Boy game. Sounds like you're full of shit.

Well does writing in a character that didn't existed before but didn't affect anything thereafter really counts at recton? They just kept retroactively add in clones and palette swaps for them to show up later.
I think the only actually new prequel character is Aqua, hence her huge fandom.
The rest are just Sora/Kairi/Not-sephiroth clones.

This one is going to have 0.2, which was made with the KH3 engine.

It's not like anyone can stop you from buying the same game for 2nd or 3rd time just to play 15 minute demo of the next one.

Is 0.2 really that short?

Damn, she's so cute she looks pretty good while making that face

Joke is BJ identifies himself as a dude with boobs, so calling him "she" is more offensive.
It's not like you can offend him anyway.

Welp. There went literally all my hopes for Kingdom Hearts 3 being any good.

Birth by Sleep ruined the fucking series. I've dealt with this shit for years because everyone else seemed to like the changes, thinking that Nomura would go back to the KH1/2 routine with KH3. This just makes it more evident that this isn't the case considering it's built on KH3's engine.

They think that boss difficulty equals artifically giving the AI ways to cheat you out of your attacks. It's fucking annoying as shit. Once the boss is stunned, I should be allowed to beat his fucking shit in until I end the combo, at which point he's allowed to recover the same way that I would if he would've landed a hit on me. Instead, if the boss lands a hit on me, there's jackshit I can do about it until he's done, but if I hit him, god forbid that I actually get to finish what I'm doing before he cancels out of his stun abruptly and starts an attack that I can't dodge because of the fact I don't have the same animation cancelling capabilities.

Fuck this shit guys, I want off the ride

Here are some more minor (see: autistic) issues I had with it that aren't as glaring as these:

I have no fucking idea why I took the time to write all this. I just had to get out of my system. Why are they fucking ruining everything?

Because it's Square. Square is determined to fuck it's own shit up and God forbid you're a director that actually wants to make good games because they will fuck you sideways with constant delays, team steals and engine swaps. Nomura was basically jerked around for almost ten years trying to get one fucking game done and they went out of their way to make it impossible.

I have absolutely no idea what happened in between KH1 and KH2 that rendered all your party members totally fucking useless for anything but assist moves and Cure, in KH1 Donald and Goofy were generally kinda stupid but you could fine-tune them to do what you wanted them to do and they weren't buttfuck retarded about item-management, plus Goofy hit like a fucking truck and Donald had access to every single spell you did and was generally smart enough to use them in appropriate situations. Then comes KH2 and I have to immediately take away all the potions they come with because they're squandering them at the lightest opportunity, Goofy hits like a wet napkin, and Donald I catch trying to rush up and melee enemies instead of hanging back with magic. Completely gone was any illusion that you and your two mates were a team.

The worst part is that I'm still going to buy KH3 like a filthy little whore just so I can get some fucking closure on this shit. Definitely skipping 0.2 now, though. I'm not wasting any more fucking time on this shit than I have to.

I force-fed myself DDD thinking that it's okay, KH3 will fix everything. I'll be caught up and it'll be fun to get back into some improved KH2 gameplay. But NOPE. FUCK.

Alright, I didn't keep up with the series for a long time, after since 358 days I was kinda done with it. What the fuck is 2.8 and what have I missed?

I would've been perfectly fine with 3D if they hadn't rammed Dream Eaters down your throat and in the same stroke actually stated you were traveling around with proper Disney buddies. It's fucking disorienting, like in the Three Musketeers world you've got Mickey, Donald and Goofy with you and they're prepping up for something themselves, cut back to gameplay and there's your goofy fucking Not-Heartless.

3D can eat a bag of dicks. For reasons why, see considering they keep making the same fucking mistakes over and over again.

Dont be a nu-male without self-control. You buy games that are good. Dont force yoursself to play shit games. You can watch videos of it before buying it.

Pure, undiluted autism.
Ansem/Xemnas was actually working for Leonard Nimoy the entire time, who is a Sith Lord who was going to use Organization 13 as a bunch of horcruxes and traveled through time to work with several versions of himself from the past and future.

A demo for 3 and a lot

The character portraits used to be animated. Jump to 1:52.

bailey is annoying as fuck , only stops talking to smoke , then continues to not shut the fuck up.

AI partners became useless when Sora became a one-man army.

I rarely buy games as is, but I've been waiting on this game since 2004. I'm getting my closure and moving on, probably from video games entirely since no one makes games for me anymore.