Reggie admits he fucked up

archive.is/6neVN

Also on the 3DS:

Other urls found in this thread:

google.co.uk/amp/www.gamesindustry.biz/amp/2010-09-30-nintendo-wii-third-party-sales-especially-low-3ds-will-do-better?client=ms-android-samsung
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_Wii_video_games
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_PlayStation_3_video_games
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_Xbox_360_video_games
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Rosen_(businessman)
forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2013/07/09/third-party-publishers-are-worried-about-wii-u-sales-figures/#1e0819b0647b
lifewire.com/five-ways-third-party-publishers-ruined-their-chances-on-the-wii-u-2498686
nintendo.co.jp/ir/library/historical_data/pdf/consolidated_sales_e1609.pdf
please
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reggie is the reason why we didn't get Captain Rainbow in the west.

Reggie is cancer

Y O U F U C K E D U P
Y O U F U C K E D U P
Y O U F U C K E D U P
Y O U F U C K E D U P
Y O U F U C K E D U P
Y O U F U C K E D U P
Y O U F U C K E D U P
Y O U F U C K E D U P
Y O U F U C K E D U P
Y O U F U C K E D U P
Y O U F U C K E D U P
Y O U F U C K E D U P
Y O U F U C K E D U P
Y O U F U C K E D U P
Y O U F U C K E D U P
Y O U F U C K E D U P
Y O U F U C K E D U P
Y O U F U C K E D U P
Y O U F U C K E D U P
Y O U F U C K E D U P
Y O U F U C K E D U P
Y O U F U C K E D U P
Y O U F U C K E D U P
Y O U F U C K E D U P
Y O U F U C K E D U P
Y O U F U C K E D U P
Y O U F U C K E D U P
Y O U F U C K E D U P
Y O U F U C K E D U P
Y O U F U C K E D U P
Y O U F U C K E D U P
Y O U F U C K E D U P
Y O U F U C K E D U P
Y O U F U C K E D U P
Y O U F U C K E D U P
Y O U F U C K E D U P
Y O U F U C K E D U P
Y O U F U C K E D U P
Y O U F U C K E D U P
Y O U F U C K E D U P
Y O U F U C K E D U P
Y O U F U C K E D U P

If the Switch is a home console on the go, doesnt that defeat the whole point of the 3DS and its successor? I think more people would be interested in shit like Breath of the Wild on the go than anything the 3DS has to offer this yead.

Who knew? Not like it matters since Nintendrones will eat anything Nintendo shits out

Not necessarily. In fact, having a budget handheld that is strictly a handheld and having a handheld/home console hybrid might actually be beneficial. With the Vita basically dead, the market can afford to have two portable consoles out there. It's like when Sega had both the Gamegear and the Sega Nomad out on the market, except Nintendo doesn't have five other consoles which only confuse consumers as to what to buy.

You're one of the posters who doesn't read the OP before positng, huh?

Well, the battery life is only 3-6 hours. Thats like 1 car trip or half an airplane ride, and the fact that it seems to fragile to take somewhere.

This. The 2 are also sufficiently different enough, with mostly different games between them., that one won't take all the profit from the other.

Redpill me on what happened with Captain Rainbow.

and the batteries not replaceable by ordinary means. I got the original 3DS, and I had to get a bigger battery because the original one it came with ran out too fast for my liking.

Is Reggie fucking retarded?

How about admiting NoA's shit translations killed sales of several games?

NINTENDRONE DETECTED

It just means that they have the 3DS as a fallback in case the Switch fails.

FTFY

this

correct me if I'm wrong, but he may also be why we haven't gotten mother 3 as well.

hopefully

Just like what happened with Giftpia. NOA probably thought it was waaay too Japanese for a western market.

We're lucky we got the first 2 Chibi-Robo titles.

Tell that to every 3rd party dev

I'm not believing his bullshit, Iwata said the same thing about fucking up the Gamecube & Wii.

Yeah, dude pretty much hates anything "too japanese"

Okaeri Chibi Robo has been fan-translated as well. But yeah, no official western release of that.

Reminds me of that Bernie Stolar guy that used to work at Sega and Sony that refused to clear for localization any games he didn't personally like the look of.

I think the Switch will replace the 3ds with an eventual Switch Mini that has built in controls but no built in Joycons and is slightly thinner to fit in the dock or has a dock that is sold separately and just comes with a usb-c charger.

Now if only we could get them to admit paid online is a mistake

But it isn't a mistake

I would actually buy that. My only worry is that, again, it would be fragile as fuck.

Was he also the reason why Xenoblade, Pandora's Tower and Last Tower almost didn't get U.S. releases despite being fully localized for Europe?

Why the fuck did Nintendo thought that hiring a Pizza Hut salesman to lead their U.S. subsidiary was a good idea?

Oh yes it is.
Paid online might work for a at home system in the grand scheme of things but for a system you carry around, this is going to instantly piss people off when they wander off to a mcdonalds and for the first time connect to the internet realize they can't do shit but update.

Is the Switch fragile as fuck? some of the people at the show said it felt sturdy.

The Wii U failed because it had a sub-par games library, first and foremost. The Switch has exactly the same library with +1 added. It's gonna be spectacularly disastrous.

I still have my original 3DS, and battery life has never been a problem because I take my charger with me when I think I might be playing it for awhile.

The Switch has the plus of using standard USB so this increases the number of outlets you can charge it in. It's basically the same battery life and charger input/output as any expensive cell phone.

Not sure if it was him directly. I do remember though that one guy that NoA fired over that podcast he did had said that they intentionally didn't print a lot of copies of Xenoblade in NA initially because the potential audience size was too small to have warranted making it more available (resulting in it becoming a $100-120 used, $200+ new game within a few months of Gamestop running out of it).

Really though, it seems like on the whole NoA wanted nothing to do with either of those three initially, and even then when those came to NA they only published Xenoblade, leaving it up to XSEED to pick up The Last Story and Pandora's Tower. I really just think they expected Xenoblade to fail here, and went out of their way to create justification for that belief (Gamestop exclusive, low marketing, low print run) when they felt they didn't have a a choice anymore.

I know I'm already not buying one because of paid online. I would've kept it at home anyway, but I'm not paying for the console, the game, my internet connection, and then paying to actually play it on top of all that. Nintendo can go suck a fuck as far as I'm concerned.

WiiU launched with New Super Mario Bros U, Switch is launching with Breath of the Wild, a game that caused a stampede at E3 2016, I'm sure there's no difference between them at all.

What? The paid part is tied to your account or console, not your IP

I won't trust them until it releases.

So the game that's on the Wii U is gonna make you go out and buy the Switch?

I thought it was the first and third chibi robos, before the photo one and ziplash, wasn't the second one a sort of sequel of the original in jenny's house as she was an adult?

How many people do you think are going to realize that before they leave the house, to presumably use the "free" internet elsewhere to connect for the first time? Seriously, I work at a library and we get college kids all the time sitting in the back playing smash.

Probably the people who don't own a WiiU, but counting it out when it has the best launch year of any of the Current Gen systems is pretty weak.

No, I'm obviously buying it for portable Skyrim.

Yeah, and the DS wasn't meant to replace the Gameboy either.

Why do you think this is tied to your IP and not to an account?

Everybody who isn't as retarded as you.

If you didn't buy the Wii U, you won't buy the Switch. The game line-ups are exactly the same, almost entirely 1st-party releases that only the hardcore Nintendo faithful keep buying.

I don't think anyone is that retarded, and if they are it's their own fault for buying something while knowing literally nothing about it

BUT MUH SKYRIM

Goddamn I hate Skyrim

You are asserting that the WiiU failed because of its lackluster lineup. I disagree, I think the WiiU failed because of bad marketing and because it looks like a fucking toy. Normalfags are like nintendrone-lites. They like Mario and Pokemon but they wont go as far as wasting money on the failure that was the WiiU for it. Nintendo needs to tweak their marketing and I honestly believe the Switch can be a huge success.

Maybe you won't buy it but others will.

Also, given how companies like XSEED, Atlus, IFI, and (sadly) NISA continue to make enough profit off niche Japanese games to continue their existence, it's clear that there's an audience for such games in the west, and NoA could and should be willing to to try to cater to them. NoA simply doesn't seem to want to though, either because they don't feel they're all that worth the effort compared to easier to sell titles, or that said games are "icky" (and thus they go out of their way to meme and censor and all around ruin them for potential customers that have actual standards in regards to such things).

There have been five Chibi-Robo games: Chibi-Robo, Chibi-Robo: Park Patrol, Okaeri Chibi-Robo, Chibi-Robo: Photo Finder, and Chibi-Robo: Ziplash.

I wasn't planning on doing this? I already provided a demograph for the kind of idiot doing this.

Nintendo of America basically behaved with the Wii U like Sega did with the Saturn. The Saturn lost a lot of third party support and was left with a lineup of mostly first party titles and niche Japanese games. But instead of trying to market what they had, the president of Sega refused to market JRPG's and refused to market 2D games (even though the Saturn was better at 2D than 3D and was also better at 2D than the Playstation was).

You mean feed their autistic lust.

History shows that consoles make or break on the back of their game libraries. The Wii console was well-marketed and sold on the back of a gimmick, but in terms of game sales, they were very poor relative to the install base.

Normalfags love their 3rd-party games, and that is what killed the Wii U in the end. The Switch does not consolidate 3rd-party support, nor does it have the graphical power of the PS4, something that normalfags jizz themselves over, thus will again suffer exactly the same problems as the Wii U in terms of popularity.

Also whether you think it looks like a toy is irrelevant, game consoles always used to be known as toys and it never hurt their sales. The Switch is not supposed to be a media centre, anyway.

Yeah and maybe they won't.

Nah, they will.

Thats wrong. And it shows you have a disturbing lack of awareness of the importance of good industrial design. The design of the machine is crucial to marketing, as the automotive industry would tell and, and even Nintendo themselves. You know why the NES was made to look like a VHS player? It was all about the precedent set by post 1983 crash American buyers.

I wonder if Stolar was there at the time (fucking kikepedia only mentions Sega having been working on the Dreamcast at the time, so I'm unsure), after Sony had gotten rid of his ass.

The obsession with graphical performance is so fucking cancerous. It drives up the prices of consoles, the time and money to actually make games, and it adds nothing of value to a game experience

But so long as we can get a sweet cinematic experience with realistic graphics it's all worth it, right?

Convincing argument yet again. You must be one of the headless chickens who works at Nintendo.

It's not like you made a convincing argument, but we'll see.

I'm surprised there are people that still care about Skyrim in 20-fucking-17.

Also, you're wrong about the importance of graphics. The best selling games of all time are by no means graphically oriented games

Do you have a source to back that up. The Wii had quite a few best selling titles

Splatoon was a first party title and a new IP and actually boosted console sales of the Wii U more than they had been until its release, and it was doing this even a year after its release.

What killed the Wii U was that the failure of Nintendo to market it properly, especially in the US, led many third party developers to abandon it. So you're half correct, but not because normalfags care about third party games, it's because there weren't many games at all on the system.

Normalfags don't care about 1st party or 3rd party or things like that, they care about whether the game looks appealing, not who made it. Whether the game sells depends largely on the marketing teams. The Wii U failed because outside of Japan, it didn't sell that many console units and the hardware was difficult for developers as it was so they weren't going to waste time on a console that wasn't going to make their money back. In Japan, the Wii U was doing better than PS4 for a long time because despite a huge slump in Japanese console sales overall.

Honestly, I think the NES would've bombed had they kept the Famicom design. That thing definitely looked like a cheap toy.

Maybe back when games were for kids, nerds, and weird basement dwellers this was true, but nowadays games are "art" that have to be held to higher standards. I mean, it's 2017 people, grow up.

The auto industry has nothing to do with video game industry, sorry. And the Wii looks much more toy-like than the Wii U, to be perfectly honest.

So convincing you couldn't argue against it.

You're looking at it from the wrong angle. If you have 3 systems that have the same graphical power as each other, and 1 that is less powerful, which are you going to develop for?

The one that's cheaper to design games and publish them for and increase my chances of making a profit.

I personally prefer graphical stylization to outright graphical prowess myself, but I expect that's not all that common amongst the average masses. People are going to keep pushing for better and better graphical output long beyond the point the difference becomes negligible.

Thats an assertion, and as far as industrial design is concerned, I disagree.
The Wii looked much more minimalist and professional. The console itself had a lot of sharp angles. In contrast with the WiiU console, that featured more light curves and the tablet controller, a huge part of its marketing, was essentially a tablet with a very thick bezel. It certainly did look more like a toy.

the wii u tablet looks like a fucking etch-a-sketch

Redpill means a brand new attitude that makes you investigate and doubts certain narratives, usually by a nasty experience towards a certain theme
It's not a small info capsule

I also prefer stylized graphics

But goddamn fucking normalfags want their games to look (and play) like movies

Don't bother trying to respond to cuckchanners, you're wasting your time

What a bunch of fucking idiots. Literally the best thing for gaming would be for Nintendo to go the way of Sega

And unfortunately a lot of companies are too happy to please them. It makes me miss sixth gen; 3D was a decent improvement over what 5th gen could output (which isn't to say I dislike earlier 3D games) but there was still plenty of room for cartoony and colorful stuff, compared to the push for realism, movie-tier graphics, "maturity", and brown and bloom. Also the fact that the AA market was still around in a more noticeable amount that how these days it's more the most part Indie and AAA (I know there's still some mid budget companies around, but it's not like it used to be, as a lot either went under or got absorbed into AAA).

google.co.uk/amp/www.gamesindustry.biz/amp/2010-09-30-nintendo-wii-third-party-sales-especially-low-3ds-will-do-better?client=ms-android-samsung

Straight from the horse's mouth. Things like Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Just Dance (casual games) etc. sold very well which ostensibly gave the Wii a healthy attach rate, but 3rd-party games sold poorly in general on the Wii. Especially exclusives like Sin & Punishment. Over-marketing your product to casuals isn't a good long-term strategy.

Why bother to make another version of your game (that you have to downgrade) for the Wii U when you know it's gonna sell poorly anyway? Marketing can never fix Nintendo's lack of technical parity with its competitors.

Yeah and their abandonment of the Wii U speaks for itself. Third parties were losing money on the Wii, and again with the Wii U, outside of a select few games like Just Dance.

Wasn't the issue with Mommy 3 that it was released 2 years after the DS came out?

To be honest, i think the actual Wii and Wii U consoles look very similar. If you jizz yourself over one and not the other, then what can i say. It's subjective anyway, so it's not something that can be argued over.

He works for a Japanese company. Why hasn't he committed sudoku after admitting his shamfur dispray?

Didn't they basically say the same thing with the DS not being the Gameboy Advance Successor?

Look how that worked out.

And if you believe that I have a bridge I can sell you for realllllll cheap. They said the exact same thing about the GBA. Do I need to grab a Polaroid of Nintendo and write "don't believe his lies" under it for you?

Probably more likely poor sales of Earthbound in the west (on account of very poor marketing job; "This game stinks" and the like) prior, but I suppose that could have been a factor. Still, a new console coming out hasn't prevented various other games from coming overseas. The PS2 was still seeing a decent amount of non-sports/licensed/shovelware games, including western releases of Japanese titles, up through 2009 or 2010, and the PS3 had already been out in the west since late 2006.

Yeah, they claimed it to be third-pillar, then dropped the entire Game Boy line of systems for the DS.

Yeah, he ditched Sony and started shitting up SoA immediately afterwards.

Yeah if i remember right he declared that Jrpgs sell poorly in the West and nobody wants them, and refused an option to localise Grandia, and then Final Fantasy 7 came out a few months later and broke all the sales records.

The Switch is still technically a home console though

Really home consoles are almost dead at this point anyway. I wouldn't be too surprised if Microsoft's Scorpio is just a Console/PC hybrid.

So? That's pretty common on Nintendo consoles. Just because third party titles sold poorly on the Wii doesn't mean the software sales themselves were low and not all the software sales were low. The Wii sold more software in its lifetime than its competitors and not all of it was just wii sports and fit but also actual games like Mario & Kirby and shit.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_Wii_video_games
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_PlayStation_3_video_games
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_Xbox_360_video_games

Yes and no, even with the X-box 360, the best selling games included "casual" titles like Kinect adventures.

Marketing needs to be balance but when you have nothing that appeals enough to casuals, you end up with the Wii U, which didn't make it in the hands of most casual consumers who were also confused for the longest time about whether it was a separate console or an accessory to the Wii

Again, third parties abandoned the Wii U because the console didn't sell as many units. In fact, it was cheaper to make games for the Wii U. It's actually much more expensive to design a game for PS4 and X-Box One, and more expensive of an investment if your game is being published on both systems with the same level of quality as if it were designed as an exclusive for just one of them. A lot of Triple A games on those consoles barely manage to break even let alone profit (even if a game sells a gorillion copies, it may not actually make that much money for the developers themselves). Developers already downgrade their games so that they can be published simultaneously on Xbox, PS4 & PC.

The main advantage that the Wii U had was that it was the cheapest of the three consoles to develop games for and still make a profit, but it didn't have enough consoles in the hands of enough consumers for third party developers to try to tackle its more complicated hardware which led to a drought of games. The Wii, by contrast, was cheap and relatively easy to develop games for, and sold more software overall by being in the hands of more consumers. Many developers probably made more money with less sales on the Wii because their games didn't need as big of a financial investment

The Saturn version, I assume? Because the west still saw Grandia in the end on the PS1.

Also, another disadvantage that the Wii U had was not only less third party games than the Wii had, but also less of a real casual "hook" coupled with poor marketing by Nintendo themselves which would have gotten consumers to buy the console.

Many developers when new consoles come out, don't immediately start pulling all the punches on the console, they wait to see or hear how a console is projected to do based on sales and then make decisions on whether or not the console is worth investing in. Many more developers put out a lot of games on the Wii than the Wii U because the former sold better.

Nintendo portables don't sell like hotcakes anymore. All the normalfags have moved onto playing on phones.

They made the Switch for the Japanese domestic market, faggot.

So that's why 3rd-parties abandoned the console, like i said. It wasn't just because of initial poor Wii U sales, they were already abandoning Nintendo as far back as the Wii days. They put out a few tentative releases for the Wii U just in case, which also sold poorly, then pulled out altogether. That seems to be what EA is doing with the Switch. If their first game sells badly then they will drop support again.

A few 1st-party titles sold well on the Wii, yes, nobody is disputing this, because it was bought by a large amount of people who usually don't play games, so they could waggle their arms in front of their tv and lose a few pounds. This is why the Wii sold so many consoles compared to the Wii U, despite its similar inherent shortfalls.

Incorrect, developers downgrade the PC version so all versions are in parity and they only have to make 1 version. But they're not going to downgrade all versions to Wii U fidelity. Therefore they would then need to create 2 versions. Which just isn't worth it for them.

If that was the case then they would have continued making games for the Wii U from the outset, which wasn't the case at all. The Wii U never had good 3rd-party support from the very beginning, even before console sales were elucidated.

Basically, the point i'm trying to make is the Switch does not change this situation in any way for Nintendo. It still has the exact same weak 3rd-party support as its predecessors. And marketing won't change that. That is, if you think the Switch is being marketed well, that is. Which it really isn't.

Yeah, it was originally developed for the Saturn.

This is that weaboo goomba, right? If he never showed the cringe and never used the voice effect I might have actually thought he was a respectable person.

You don't say, at least five of my friends skipped PeeU on launch because they honestly thought it was some kind of an addon for wii, and not a brand new console.
NoA doing stellar job as always.

Generally CEOs who fuck up tend to step down. Fuck this fat greasy meme of a CEO and the shitty cuck direction he was leading for NoA.

Basically fucking weebs are responsible for the Nintendo Switch which is meant to compete with the PS Vita which is massacring the 3DS in Japan because Nips are graphics>gameplay fags.

Pick one retard

It just means to inform someone, idiots.

This is actually kind of credible. All I knew about nip land and handhelds was that monsterhunter has a cult following that will buy both releases of every entry.

fuck off nigger I'm talking about anime loving faggots

When the N64 was having issues this guy personally went to EA and made absolutely sure Madden would be on the system.

Maybe on halfchan, but here we use words to mean what they actually mean, not what Reddit thinks they mean

yes

Why the fuck would they replace a handheld with a console?

You're sperging too much over a made-up term originated from an overrated sci-fi film made by a couple of trannies.

Yeah, mobile gaming is massive in Japan, and traditional consoles are losing popularity.

see

Wasn't he responsible for a lot of the censorship in his era as well? I agree they need someone better than Reggie but there's all kinds of issues, I think they need an American EAD with autonomy but they also need to staff it with the kind of talent that suits Nintendo so Nintendo of JP doesn't have to babysit the staff, But they also need to avoid cannibalizing their own western studios to achieve this. I also think they need a European EAD equivalent.

Nintendrones, everyone!

The dude personally represented Nintendo in the 90s when video game companies were being put on trial for inciting violence in the wake of games like Doom, he completely destroyed SEGA of Americas CEO who was trying to turn it against them in favor of their ratings system. He secured a deal with the Seattle Mariners for Nintendo

What has the nigger Reggie done besides be a dead meme?

They need to sell the consoles at a loss for $199 if they really want to get the ball rolling

He has the hookups with Pizza Hut duh.

He was a Marine vet. I don't think he was a Jew user, Reggie is very much a nigger though.

Unfortunately it was necessary I believe, it gave Nintendo an advantage over SEGA in an era when Christian Soccer moms were going nuts over punk rock and violent video games

When will he admit he fucked up making the online pay to play?

"The dude" started the whole hearings himself because sega was killing them with uncensored Mortal Kombat 1, literally pulling "THINK OF THE CHILDREN" shtick.

Good.

Your nose is showing, "user".

Thats bullshit, it was entirely the US government, namely members of congress, who called major video game makers to the stand. The US government basically said "Make your own ratings systems or we will" for the entire industry. Learn the fucking story

we are already there.

He fucking sucked the government's dick you Nintencuck. He played teacher's pet to keep Nintendo's family image so they could keep selling to kids, completely ignoring that the console audience was growing up, something Sega capitalized on.

Pray tell friend, who was it that sucked that governments dick all the way to the balls and threw his fellow industry people to the lions?

Read what I posted, cuck

Wait. Does that mean we are getting new handheld like 4DS with Monster Hunter and no Monster Hunter on Switch?

DOES THIS MEAN THAT SWITCH IS NOT A PART OF HANDHELD SERIES?!

THIS MEANS LESS GAMES, SHIT, AND I CAN SEE IT COMING EVEN IF Holla Forums CAN'T, 3DS-like CONSOLES SELL LIKE HOTPOCKETS!

Not really, Sega still sold similar to Snes with Snes edging it out on better quality exclusives

I don't know man, at the event in Japan both Splatoon and Breath of the Wild queues were filled as soon as the doors opened. A handheld with those games, with that power, I think Nips are very interested.

at $199 unless the Joycons cost $25 each for Nintendo to make I'm doubtful $199 is a loss.

This is what Ninteniggers actually believe.

holy shit you know what? You guys are fucking stupid

Sauce?

No it means they aren't phasing out the 3DS right away. They did the same thing with the GBA to DS and DS to 3DS

this is a rumor perpetuated by a few different groups, mostly resellers used for justifying the *RARE* description on ebay. Earthbound sold as well as most other JRPGs did in the early 90s. It sold less than Final Fantasy III on the SNES, at about 1.1 million units in NA.

It sold fine, and that is not the reason Mother 3 was brought over.

Censorship is never okay, but it was necessary. Lincolns role lead to the creation of the ESRB, a privately funded organization, instead of a government funded one. Would you rather have that?

not to mention it completely ignores how the market changed in nearly 10 years since the first English game came out.

Reggie is the root of NoA's problems.

What are they making for the US market?

I would rather have neither or all of it burning to the ground.

holy shit you know what? You are fucking stupid

spicy memes

SEGA would've done the same exact thing if they hadn't hired a fucking moron to represent them

And for that matter, wasn't SEGA actually founded by Jews?

yep, service games was founded by Hawaiian Jewish investors, it's an American game company, but all their key operations are done in Japan by Japanese.

You mean by bureaucrats, SEGA hasn't even been an independent company since the 70s

People care because it's one of the best RPG's in a decade. And even 5 years later it's better than most games on the market. It's WAAAAY better than that train wreck FF15.

lol

Shut your nintencuck dick riding nigger mouth, Lincoln was there purely to throw competition under the bus for profit and capitulate to the government how they were going to keep cucking their games. If anything Sega did more to develop the ESRB as they had their own rating system for their games for a few years, while Nintendo was happily cucking their games outside of Mortal Kombat 2 because they see their audience as easily offended 5 year olds well into the present day.

Kill yourself and fuck off my board.

SEGAs rating system was shit though
Its honestly incredible how much asshurt I'm causing, I'm not even a nintendrone and I wasn't trying to make anyone mad. I just posted about how shitty Reggie is compared to his predecessor

You mean a moron who showed how Night Trap has less gore than a made for TV horror film to a bunch of politicians who didn't play video games?

You mean like Lincoln and Reggie? What a shock, a corporation is staffed by suits.

A lovely cup of go-fuck-yourselves-gaijin

Fuck off Todd.

Are you retarded? Censorship is never necessary, especially in a gun country. It's just the easy way out. Nothing stopped them from arming up and rebelling other than themselves.

Not an argument.

It was also better than Nintendo who castrated their, which you're in favor of.

I know, it's shocking how retards like you roll in thinking you won't get called out.

**their games

**much asshurt

Lincoln was a Marine vet. Reggie is just a nigger

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Rosen_(businessman)

Still not an argument.

It's been a pleasure showing off your retardation, Nintencuck.

Again, not an argument.

Military service is not an excuse for castrating your products to appease sensibilities and the government, and it doesn't make him less of a suit.

Seriously bro, you might be mentally retarded. Is it autism? It looks like autism by how you type

Seriously bro, are you a nigger? You haven't provided an argument for the last few posts, I think it's probably because you're an illiterate nigger.

I sort of hope the 3DS does keep going, I love my 3DS. And I'm going to lose my fucking shit if the third Story of Seasons is Switch exclusive.

That might not be such a bad idea now that I think on it. If Nintendo would only commit to the reality that their home and Western markets have evolved into to completely separate places. They should have made the Switch Japan only or Asia only and developed something entirely different for North America and Europe. After all they made a China only console.

Fuck off.

Considering that a government one would be found quickly to be unconstitutional and discarded, yeah.

There is an unnamed Story of Seasons game already announced for Switch.

I know. Just saying. It better not be fucking switch exclusive.

if dubs it is Switch exlusive

You DOUBLE NIGGER.

I'm sorry.

Oh wow, I wouldn't mind, the other guy would but man I would love a new Harvest Moo…. I mean Story of Seasons title to be built primarily for the Switch. Too bad Neverland closed, Rune Factory wasn't too bad itself.

They aren't really dead. Pretty much 90% of Neverland now works for Marvelous who also now own their IPs.

Well then where the fuck is the next Rune Factory, wasn't Rune Factory 4 a success but it ended up being a Looking Glass Situation where the publishers didn't pay them out before they were liquidated.

With the Switch dead on arrival, the 3rd Story of Seasons stuck on that dead fuck console and Tales of Berseria now confirmed for Denuvo, I'm just…

user, I have no hope left for man.

If it's made for switch there's a good chance it wll receive a port to Android.

Except it isn't. Nintendo has always had a bit of a tenuous relationship with its third party developers ever since the days of the NES.

People remember the SNES fondly for various third party titles, but the real third party machine was Sega Genesis and most of Genesis' best selling games besides Sonic 1 & 2 were third party titles.

Nintendo has NEVER been the third party developers choice of console. Nintendo always put more effort into developing and marketing its own first & second party developed titles, while only paying a fraction of their attention to third party developers it has a more close relationship with. During the MegaDrive/SNES era, it was Sega that succeeded in winning over third parties, not Nintendo.

You're fucking retarded. Most developers do not storm to develop games for new systems unless the sales are projected to be high. And there are also other factors that come into play here. Nintendo lost a bunch of its best third parties during the N64 era, not because they hadn't made money on the SNES, but because Playstation was easier to develop for and was already making waves due to its use of CD technology that even Squaresoft, who had some of the the highest selling third party titles on SNES jumped ship and started making FF exclusive for Sony. This had nothing to do with losing money on SNES, it had everything to do with making more money on PS1.

The problem is you are trying to push a faulty narrative cause you're dick riding third parties. The problems you think led to Wii U's failure are the same problems which have affected all Nintendo consoles since Nintendo first entered into video games, and the lack of third party support was actually the least of the Wii U's problems. If third party support was the most major determining factor, then we'd expect to see a consistent rate of failure with consoles in proportion with their decrease in third party support, but we don't. The SNES had less third party support than the Genesis, but beat the Genesis internationally. The N64 had less third party support than the Gamecube, but the Gamecube was the closest home console to the Wii U in terms of failure in the market place, selling 22 million units in its lifetime to PS2's 150 million. PS2, PS3, PS4 all have had a consistently high amount of third party support, but PS3 sold more poorly than PS2 and PS4 hasn't done as well as PS3, and home console sales have been dropping for all three major game companies since the end of the XBox/PS2/Gamecube era due to shifts to PC's, handhelds and mobile phones, with software sales lower than they have ever really been all around for home consoles. The Wii U sold about 13 million console units, making it the worst performing home console for Nintendo, but the closest thing to it in was the fucking Gamecube, the third party support for which was much better at attracting third parties than the N64

There is no consistent data that would hint that third party support was the major factor in Wii U's failure because other consoles affected by this difficulty perhaps even worse and didn't suffer as much nor is there any evidence to suggest that third parties abandoned the Wii U due to difficulties with the Wii. Many things were responsible for the Wii U's failure, lack of third party support was only one factor, other factors like the lack of good flagship titles to generate hype for the console's potential with consumers, as well as the fact that the marketing wasn't clear that it was not an accessory for the Wii, the controller not being that appealing (considered by many the worst of its generation), the lack of a lot of big online heavy hitters in an era when online games are dominating, no Zelda title, it being weaker in power to PS4 & Xbox 1, the fact that home console sales in general have been declining. The system was just in the negative in so many areas. Even fans of Nintendo will admit that the first party titles for Wii U, while maybe fun, are kind of lackluster compared to others before them with the only real crown jewel being Splatoon, which was released towards the tail end of the console's life.

It will happen eventually, Marvelous just has a lot on their plate.

Wouldn't it technically be the 20th something game?

It's not meant to be played without an AC source anyway, it's not an handled. Fight me.

Yea, but saying 20th Harvest Moon is just begging for mix ups with Natsume's shameless, awful rip offs. And I can't call it the 20th Story of Seasons game, because the older games didn't just stop being Harvest Moon because Natsume are fuckheads.

And typing out Bokujō Monogatari every time is just obnoxious.

this means jack shit. if atlus can release fuckin p4 in 08 and do amazingly then who cares

Hey retard, Nintendo quite literally forced third-parties to develop games for them, and only them, in the days of the NES so that's quite simply the dumbest thing i've read all day.

I already showed you the evidence third-party games sold poorly on the Wii. Iwata said it himself for goodness sake, i'll take his word over yours. Where are Publishers going to get their sales projections for the Wii U if not from the Wii..?

Your analysis of the SNES and the Genesis is wrong. The Genesis sold more than the SNES in Europe, and the same in America. The SNES also had very healthy third-party support. Capcom? Aklaim? Taito? Atlus? Sunsoft? Konami? Enix? Squaresoft???

And don't bother talking about evidence when you've yet to provide any. All you're doing is pulling straws out of your arse.

You're very unpopular user. I think everyone hates you.

I still sustain that the reason why Mother 3 didn't come to America was because it came late on the GBA's lifetime, so Nintendo feared it might not sell well, despite it being compatible with the DS.

The guy look sympathetic with his balloon face and yet is the reason why you can't have nice things. He is the reason why your games are censored. His smile is like a big fuck you.

More powerful consoles would be a great thing if it was used properly.
So, good draw distances and FPS, not grafixwhore shit.

And that was something that SOURED Nintendo's relationship with third party developers who didn't WANT to just make fucking games for them

Your evidence is fucking bullshit. Both the Wii in its first two years & the Wii U at the beginning of its life had about the same amount of third party support. In fact, the Wii U had much better third party support because of its ability to handle 360 & PS3 ports. But the Wii sold MORE software than both the PS3 and the X-Box 360 did, selling a total of nearly 900 million software units along with 10 million virtual console sales. On top of that, it has sold about 100+ million console units worldwide. The PS3 sold only sold about 600 million software units on top of its some 80+ million console unit sales. The X-Box 360 sold at least 80 million console units as well and also moved about 350+ million software units. The Wii only had 26% of its software sales being third party software, but it crushed its competition in terms of sales of both consoles and software and made even more profit because it was less expensive to produce the console and software.

The Wii U has sold about 13 million console units worldwide and only 90+ million software units. That's a drop in sales from the Wii that has very little to do with loss of third party support. That a loss of sales in the greater hundreds of million for first party software too.

Also, you're fallaciously thinking because the Wii's third party software sales only accounted for as much as 26% in the link you posted said, that the third party developers "lost money" when all that means is that in terms of numbers, first party software just produced more units and sold more units. Those numbers could be accurate and 3rd parties still could have made a profit (if I produce 100,000 units for 3 shekels a piece and sell 75,000 for 10 a piece, I still profit personally even if Nintendo produced 1 million units and sold 500,000 of their game). And the Wii U had more third party launch titles than its predecessor. None of the statements made by third party developers on why they abandoned projects or abandoned making X Wii U exclusive instead of a multiplat include "our games didn't sell well enough on the Wii" but issues like online play, the controller and concern that the game will make more money if put on all three consoles (which sometimes ended up the opposite)

forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2013/07/09/third-party-publishers-are-worried-about-wii-u-sales-figures/#1e0819b0647b
lifewire.com/five-ways-third-party-publishers-ruined-their-chances-on-the-wii-u-2498686

SNES: 49.10 million units Worldwide
MegaDrive: 34.8 million units

The SNES had healthy third party support in terms of QUALITY with many best selling exclusives, especially from Squaresoft and Capcom, who were really the only ones whose games could rival Nintendo first party IP's in terms of sales. But third party developers mostly chose Genesis because Sega sold the MD/Genesis for cheap to third party developers to get a jump on Nintendo. It was a widely known fact that Genesis was more friendly to third party developers because they had less of the whole "only exclusives attitude" that Nintendo had and they didn't censor games. If you look at a list of the top selling Genesis games, mostly third party except for Sonic, while the list for the top 15 best selling games for SNES? About 10 of them are all Nintendo developed titles

for added reference

Virgin Games Aladdin is a fucking good game.

They might as well keep it Japan only.

Too bad he doesn't understand what a cancer the Treehouse is on translations of Nintendo-published titles. That alone is enough to keep me away from getting a Switch. I wish learning moon wasn't so fucking complicated. Kanji is the devil.

Reggie is obligated to say that support will continue for the 3DS because those systems and software are still on shelves, Nintendo still wants to sell them. Once that stock clears and the Switch takes their place, you'll notice them get steadily quieter about 3DS support. That's the way it always goes, the messaging is tailored to maximize revenues and minimize losses from unsold units.

It's made to appeal to the domestic market and the west, portable and home players. It's trying to be everything to everyone, and it's going to fail at that in most regards. But since there isn't anything else in the handheld space, and the home market isn't exactly burning up the charts either, it might succeed in spite of its inherent flaws.

It only takes six years to learn Nip, so better get started.

Jesus Chris, Segababbies were plebs.

If you can't learn ひらがな, カタカナand the 常用漢字 in two years then you might as well fucking kill yourself.

Remember practice is more fun and works better than grinding kanji every day with no context. Rev up those jap games and visit NHK News

EVERY SINGLE DAY

No excuses.

Does anyone know if it was a good Chibi-Robo game?

This

This shit was fucking retarded on 4chan back in the day before the Exodus and the fact that it's followed us here is the worst shit. Holla Forums was and still is a generally more chill site, but we got these fucks who wanna shitpost all over and ruin threads instead of contribute to discussion in a meaningful manner.

sage for off-topic

kuso

you've got to remember what other consumer electronics looked like at the time the console was released, as well.
When the Wii came out, a boxy minimalist white console with white accessories got people interested who were still excited about white iPods. That sounds stupid, but most consumers are stupid. As said earlier, the NES would not have done so well in the US on release if it had looked liked a Famicom instead of a VHS player.
In comparison, the Wii U tablet, when put next to actual tablets being made when it was released, looked like the one on the end that was rubberized and marketed for parents of five year old children.

Agreed. On release the Wii had some interesting looking 3rd party titles, mostly kind of quirky stuff rather than ports. Eventually, all those announced games either got finished or cancelled, so halfway through the console's lifecycle, "third party wii title" meant shovelware like Carnival Games.
After setting this precedent, somehow Nintendo thought a Mass Effect 3 and Arkham City port was going to fool consumers into thinking the Wii U wouldn't get dropped as well. Didn't work there, either.

That would render any game that requires the Joy-Con's motion sensor incompatible. Then again, the same thing happened with certain DS games when they removed the GBA cartridge slot on the DSi and 3DS, so I wouldn't put it past them either.

muh three pillars DS will not replace GBA

Wait, so the switch is a whole new console not just an addon for the wiiu?

People were confused thinking the Wii U was a tablet so this time they just straight up made a tablet that you can dock sometimes if you want I guess.

the 2ds has a gyro though, just no 3d, which was never required for any games.

That's not at all comparable to releasing two new modern consoles.

Exclusives are shit.
Constant reliance on key titles (endless sequels) is shit.
Handheld (gimmick) for 1hr battery life is shit.
Specs are shit.
Cartoony stuff is shit.

Sega marketed to 10 year olds who wanted to seem edgy and "grown up"

you dumb faggot

Kids play Cawadoody, you just sound retarded.

It doesn't have region locking so the Treehouse isn't a problem.

Which Nintendo happily tried to mimic.

Please no

Why exactly

But SEGA still expected people to buy shit like Shadow The Edgehog and Sanic 06

*Sega Sammy

here you go

how different is the switch to the wii u? At this point, it's looking worse than the wii u.

Okaeri was a great Chibi-Robo game, second only to the GC one I'd say. Grab the fan translation and patch it.

Forgot the unlimited intelligence of Pachinko companies

Blame "Journalists" for that one. Like most gamers when 8th gen came around I was more hoping for increased numbers and smarter AI, big draw distance and LOD being extended to the point where I don't see detail pop-in anymore.
But when PS4 and Xbone came out like many I was disappointed when it was the same games just a little prettier

>>>/cuckchan/

I hope the fuck nintendo doesn't release popular games as exclusives on 3DS or switch for the sole purpose of making people buy both consoles.

i'm getting a headache from how retarded these idiots are. The only reason I got splatoon was due to the free online.

initially I was excited for zelda, but with every gameplay video I see it just looks like a sparse overworld you have to run through and fight the same enemy every 3 mins (with your weapon breaking every fight) between dungeons

No NoA knows how to market to mainstream Burgers. In fact NoA has saved Nintendo in the past.

If you think NoA is cancer maybe you should look at your fellow gamers. How many of them are normalfags?

It's true though. The Matrix is a shitty movie and the Wachowskis are a pair of degenerates who based the film's plot on a misinterpretation of Jean Baudrillard's philosophy.

Arguing semantics over the definition of "redpilling" is pure autism.

CHECKED

It's still a WiiU title at the end of the day, so for people who already own a wiiU, it will be better. Much like how the wii version of twilight princes had shitty visuals and god awful controls.

The only difference between them graphically besides widescreen is that they desaturated the fuck out of the GC version.

Those numbers are a little misleading. Just to give some context, Super Mario World was a pack-in for the SNES, Sonic 1 was a pack-in for the Genesis, and Aladdin and Sonic 2 were both available as free games from different mail-in promotions for buying a Genesis.

Don't forget the Chinese characters each have at least two different readings and are further modified by the characters leading/trailing. So when someone goes "oh you just need to learn these 2,000 symbols" they are completely full of shit.

I think all he means when he says the Switch isn't a 3ds replacement is that the 3ds is going to keep getting support for a while, as opposed to the Wii U which is dead after Zelda. I doubt they're going to push out a separate 3ds successor in a year or two.

Just go away faggot.

Whether there will be a separate 3Ds successor or if the Switch will replace it will depend on how the market reacts. People might end up preferring the Game Gear size, more powerful Switch and just use their phone that they have on their person all the time anyways (possibly with a controller attachment) when they want something smaller. Most people I've seen with a 3Ds keep it in a separate bag rather than in a pocket so the increase in size won't affect portability that much, and if Nintendo can get companies to release XBone/PS4 ports for it people might prefer that.

Pretty Pridot.

Thank fucking god it's not gonna kill the 3ds but will the 3ds have a forced paid online now?

Kind of off-topi but why does every modern Nintendo game like NSMB (series), A Link Between Worlds, Color Splash, Sm4sh and Fed Force have that similar generic bland art-style to them? Like some super-crisp but generic and "playing it safe" graphics, Nintendo used to be known for experimenting with their games. Splatoon and ARMS look strikingly similar, its ridiculous.

NSMB Wii
NSMB U
SM3DL
SM3DW
NSMB2
NSMB

Do I win a Dragon Dildo Collection by being able to tell the difference between 6 games that are shit and look the same?

You get nothing

I demand a refund.

Pic related, Tiger.

Buddiwanmypriz.

Here you go user, I'll give you your prize

Because they are trying to evoke the art style and spirit of Super Mario World & All-Stars on SNES.

But I want one send to me by mail, not a picture of one.

Please tell me that's not actually yours

I'd be impressed if it was.

You won your dragon dildo collection user dont be ungrateful

If I give you my address, will you send me one?

i'll show up strapped head to toe with them

You're probably right but that still leaves Nintendo with the conundrum that their home market and foreign market are in two completely different places and will likely never sync up again. If I were Nintendo I'd either pull out of the home console market in Japan or I'd pull out of the home console everywhere BUT Japan.
I don't think there's any way to make a world wide console that will keep everyone happy anymore.

Just realized I forgot to post this.

Just imagine how much all that cost.
I know you go on here, tell us an estimated cost in total for all the dildos

over 3 grand

592 Greene Road 524
Little will user know that I have a skull with a Captain Olimar figure on top of it holding a gun guarding me

nice

What a time to be alive.

Is this Holla Forums or grindr?

wtf tell me this isnt actually your address

this you?

I'm not asking him to meet me, I'm requesting that he make a charitable transaction in which he provides me with a dragon dildo that I may put with my porcelain mime and jester. I want people to ask questions when I come into my room.

Actually that barn behind the house isn't ours, it belong to the neighbors. His property makes an L shape around ours.

I'll put my Raiho plushie on it and share pictures with Holla Forums.

Circle the area that is in your vicinity

Dubs confirm I'm sending this guy anthrax.

YOU LUCKY FUCKER

ok

no

Don't go out

I'll go out and walk across the fields like I always do.

I mean, what's the worst that can happen after telling Holla Forums my address?

>DIRECT LINKING TO THE CANCER OF THE INTERNET
>>>/oven/
and don't come back

Hopefully I get a envelope bomb in the mail.

Do you mean the bright colours and basic texturing? I'd say it's because it looks good without requiring much in terms of performance. Colours don't cost much, and low res textures means less memory usage. On top of that having bright colours helps things stand out a bit more, which is what Valve did with TF2 to an extent.
Another reason I can think of is that if you slap a black line filter on it it looks good on small screens. That's probably why Sm4sh and Pokemon Sun/Moon look like that. As for Color Splash, that game is literally about paint and different colours. The artstyle makes sense for it.

It works, but I'd like to see other games use different styles as well. Especially with franchises like Metroid, which aren't cartoony.

3ds will be phased out since they're ditching the 2 screen gimmick. also, capacitive touch screen. as much as i like my 3ds, its going to shit in a couple of years

88k 3ds units sold, nigger. 20k + units last 2016

Why? Resistive touch screens make more sense in a device made to be used with a stylus.

Sales report if you want to see it yourself:
nintendo.co.jp/ir/library/historical_data/pdf/consolidated_sales_e1609.pdf
I don't have high hopes for the future of dedicated portable consoles that aren't larger and more powerful or offer something else that smartphones don't (hardware buttons not included as there are various controller attachments for smartphones for that). I hate this future where all the separate dedicated portable devices have been replaced with smartphones that all look more or less the same. Where did everything go so wrong?

i meant there would be no possibility of backwards compatibility on the direction nintendo is going with switch

Much like when the DS first game out, Nintendo considered it a 'third pillar' and clearly was hedging their bets, not going to phase out the Game Boy brand unless the DS proved it could sell. It (eventually) did, so it was.

Like before, Nintendo's clearly hedging their bets here; with the handheld market having been heavily eaten into by phones and tablets, even if the actual games on those are entirely garbage, and the inability to compete with Sony and Microsoft on pure hardware and third party support, there's no clear route to success, so they have to take risks. Nowadays it's really hard to tell whether something will fail or sell gangbusters til it hits the shelves, so I wouldn't heavily bet one way or the other.

CRANKY KONG

The library wasn't bad, it had games, but the majority were on the E-shop. Also it had 32 games on launch day. please use archive.ism/wikis/wii-u/Wii_U_Launch_Games_(US)

I remember both him and reggi saying that.

Shilling or just retarded?

People prefer to carry around one universal device. Besides a smartphone costs 600-800 dollars, not a lot of folks have money left over for a portable gaming device.

There was some serious cringe relating to this dude a few months back that made me hate him more than I already did, I forget exactly what it was though.