EPSXe

Need help with ePSXe.
Is there a way of playing on a FullHD TV without suffering ridiculous stretches.

1 is how it runs in Windowed mode 1024x768 but I want it to run like in 2, with the black borders. When I go full screen in the configuration it just stretches it no matter how I set it. I never get 2.

Config in a minute

where am I going wrong

Stretching mode. Change it to 3

Why the pantshitting fuckballs are you using ePSXe?
use pcsx-r.

Disable stretching on your TV or make sure the stretching is pixel perfect or put a black frame around your picture so the tv doesn't stretch it (at least on nvidia gpus, you can tell your gpu to control what happens when your output isn't on the screen's resolution instead of leaving it to the screen)

Why do that?

oh you glorious mongoloid, thank you!
I have no idea how I managed to miss a combination amidst all the trying, but that worked and you're top faggot today

the reason I need this is I want to play Silent Hill but getting a wide screen fix might break the immersion, and stretching it would just kill it. If I keep the resolution low, but the rest of the screen dark as fuck it helps with the spoopy effect

Because it is better than ePSXe, because it properly supports Pete's latest video plugins and because it doesn't do this stretching bullshit.

Retroarch or bust.

Yeah retroarch's developers are autistic in the good way, retroarch by default only stretches pictures if it's a perfect fit and then they fill the voids with black.

Because ePSXe has plugins and shaders that make everything look heaps better than it did on the original PS and I'm used to using it.

Unless you have a PC from the late 90s you can do anything with it, that is, if you're not a complete degenerate

Digimon World 3 right now, Silent Hill later

anyone else emulating?

Playing pokeprism

Use mednafen

the cheating app for Pokemon GO?

The romhack shut down by nintendo

What'll it be, Holla Forums?
A B or C?

last game I played was florasky and I made a subliminal vow never to play another pokemon game for as long as I breathe. the recycling has got to stop.

A, of course.
What are you, a faggot?

The fangames and romhacks are better than the real thing.

C. Always go for maniac.

I went for Maniac, I'm gonna main Guilmon until I get Veemon and Agumon for the ultimate broteam. Patamon can suck it and I don't even want to go near the bear thing.

What makes the pokemon fangames better?

They aren't made by jews whose only purpose is cashing on the waves of retards that will buy anything gamefreak shits on their plates.

what he said

the thing is if you aim to catch them all romhacks usually make it more approachable so you dont feel like youre wasting your time, also the plots can be more convoluted and the games are more fun overall

but pokemon is shit once you reach a certain age, or better said, mind set

Go with all three, using save states to switch between them and eventually dropping the ones you don't like.

I decided I wasn't going to abuse save states this time around. I'll only use them to save the actual game because the saving times are atrocious.

I'm kind of surprised the save times aren't better. You are using a real BIOS right?

also
You can also get PGXP for it and make it look even better than better, and it supports ePSXe plugins.

I hope you know I'm chiming like a retard mainly because I've only ever used ePSXe, I'm not in the mood for trying out others when I already know how to make this one run properly.

And no, I remember this particular game taking ages to save. There's like 3-4 loadings and each takes 10-20 seconds.

Fuck off back to the emulation thread you retarded snowflake

How's that extra chromosome treating ya, buddy?

you're the mong who needed a full thread for a simple issue, loves filters on his emu, and takes everything personally. We know who has an extra chromosome here.