Metal Gear: Death Stranding

Is Death Stranding secretly a MGS game?

Other urls found in this thread:

exhentai.org/g/1014004/2339d39f8b/
archive.is/fXu5c#selection-689.266-689.462
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's a Kojima game.

Kojima lost touch when he stopped making VN's and started making movies.

lel.

I doubt it's meant to be but it could be one of those situations where it could logically be a part of the same universe. Think of Metal Gear Rising. If it didn't have Raiden, Sunny or MGS licensed content it could've been its own game completely and not had any relation to previous the franchise. It's literally just a timeline that's far into the future all combat is done via cyborgs and blades that cut through tanks.

With Death Standing it might be that it's even further into the future where society collapsed from some unknown event or war, and what remains is the kind of things we've seen in the trailers. Sure there's no cyborgs (than we can tell, remember Armstong's tech) but perhaps that has something to do with the unknown event. Maybe it became illegal or unsafe or better tech came about and all cyborg stuff was scrapped.

Only thing I want to know is how good the real-time water/flooding is going to be. We haven't had a game that has convincing water.

Kojimbo said that the theme would be environmentalism this time, something about War, machines, and you kojima fanboy theories about those babies being articially incubated at a high-rate and the dangers of creating technology that manipulates nature (tentacle shit we saw)

Another theory going around is purgatory, mads is trying to kill baby men because in purgatory if you don't keep your baby safe you wander it endlessly, thus leading to him getting SKELETON WARRIORS who all do his bidding of killing babies with him, also they might also be what happens to people who lose their baby selves; they just become connected to the lord of purgatory's execution teams.

It's secretly a shit game.

You think maybe that's why Kojima refuses to give Hayter work? They had a chat about gun control where Hayter's cucked stance on the issue pissed Kojimbo off so much he fired the guy and refused to work with him ever again?

Well Survive has alternate universes and wormholes being a thing. I assume, though it's not made with his approval anymore, that sort of thing was originally on the table for MG in some capacity or another. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of Death Stranding is going to involve old ideas and things he'd had planned for future MG titles.

Not surprising tbh

(Checked)

It was more to do with his voice, listen to Peace Walker then to any of the old games, remember this faggot had to re-audition for Big Boss in PW, unlike professional voice actors in Japan, he didn't take care of his voice, really fucking gravelly like an ill chainsmoker, that and he kinda turned into a butthurt faggot.

Oh shit the butthurt incoming here we go

What about the gameplay? is any form of gameplay confirmed?

Source on all of that except for Jewsten and Konami prez.

Still waiting on some gameplay before I give the tiniest shit about this game.

Seconded.

this. i'm a kojamafag but i treat his games like any other games: once i see how it actually plays in a real human's hands not some scripted E3 bullshit where they pretend to play i'll get hype, but until then it's just something i want to succeed

No wonder. I think Hayter is only slightly above average VA, and has no range. Not to mention we're moving more and more towards face and body mocap and he probably sucks at those as well.

Second. I already know about those two, but no one else is confirmed as far as I'm aware. There's a jewtuber who's a huge Kojima fanboy, and he covers virtually everything related to DS's development.

Can they copy mechanics? are mechanics something that one can be sued over? Because I would fucking consider pay to play another kojima game with mgs mechanics.

Aren't actors in general able to face mocap as long as they can emote? you would need to watch Hayter in one of his movies then.

MGS has always been shit tbh. I especially hate the mechanics.

Might depend on the mechanics. Stuff like dual wielding, sync-kills (or assassinations I guess), grapple hooks, that sort of shit has never warranted a lawsuit as far as I know of, and they've been in plenty of games since debuting from something else. On the other hand, I know something like a minigame during a loading screen can't be done because only one company has the rights to do so.

That patent has expired. Very few gameplay patents exist. Patents are the only thing that can cover gameplay, and they don't last forever.

hadn't seen that gif before.

You fags need to stop posting those over and over. Like get new laughing .gifs on google or something.

no

Here's a new laughing .gif for ya.

There is a video about it, feel free to not watch it.

is that chow yun fat on the right?

This video makes the assumption that the professional 3D modeler can whip together a face that is as detailed and beautiful as a preexisting human face.

Which only a select few can. Not defending the use of well known actors by any means, they should just get people off the streets. I don't want to recognize the same face all the time.

That one was pretty good.

beat takeshi. famous japanese mob actor

please gives sauce.

That's the point really.

Watch Battle Royale too.

I'm having more fun with these threads trying to figure out shit than I'll probably have with the game. Meanwhile all you can do is sage and cry on baseless arguments since there is nothing known about the game to nitpick on.

oh fuck he was the insane headmaster or whatever in BR huehue. i knew i recognized his face. thanks

but none of them saged.

I forget. May take me anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours to not finding it at all again. All I have of it is caps I took from it.

His name was even the same (Kitano)

Oh I know they haven't. Not on this thread at least.

No that's not the point really this guy is just meandering on and on about what HE thinks is pretentious.

Christ people can be so fucking annoying. Like this is the first time there has ever been a theatrical trailer in fucking history.

exhentai.org/g/1014004/2339d39f8b/

kojima brings out the worst in people. i like him but i totally understand why people shitpost so hard whenever his name comes up

Then I shall wait.

I got one for you.

oh shit thanks.

Here's another for you.

Anytime

Emma Stone has also been rumored to be added.
It's suspect because when Hideo was visiting LA tweeting about La La Land constantly said he got to meet an actress he 'is in love with', at a La La Land showing/event.
Even saying that he 'wasn't going to wash his hand till he was back in tokyo.'
This all took place early December 2016.

For me is like fucking star talent in high budget animation movies, using them over any more talented voice actor, or in this case using a famous face to sell the "game" is just stupid, the video doesn't only focus on Kojima stuff.

That's a neat one.

Can't beat this one.

micolelson is old raiden.
after MGS4/MGSR raiden goes full circle in the square like the big Boss etc. and place by his own rules and he becomes the next the big boss and fucks up the world.
the figures are new cyborgs or some even more technology
but he shoots guns because he realises its mitghtier than the sword and they expirement on reviving the dead so heres soldiers
you are a generically modfifed guy sent to stop him but it's not stealth so you action

Beat these.

That just raises so many questions about her powers.

Yeah, I really can't fucking stand this faggot anymore.

Is
is that shadow cat?

She can chose only certain parts of her body to not phase through objects?

I'll cut him some slak for MGSV cus Konamy had a vey large hand in that shitstain
But Snatcher IS a piece of shit
And you have to be a very shit game to get me to admit that even shit visual novel making masterminds at Telltales make games with better gameplay
I'd cut it some slak to if it at least had been an original sotry but it was blantant rip off no matter how you look at it

great post fam

If she can't it's just visual stimulus.
If she can then what's the rules with her while solid, and other matter occupying the same at the same time?
Did she come up with idea to avoid spitting/swallowing entirely?

And Policenauts is just Lethal Weapon in space.

To be fair, the Western game swith real faces actuallyt DO suck, though it's not the actors fault
Both of these games used the actors as condiment, not the main ingredients,

Yakuza be like: Hey you like being a nip gangsta a rekt shit up in the most over the top way while killing time with minigames, here you go and you get this famous face in the genere as an added bonus

Onimusha be like: you like Resident Evil?, you like Samurais too? here you go! oh it turns out that Samanouske was an actuall actor, not like anyone ever cared enough to learn about it when the game came out cus everyone just wanted Samurai Resident Evil

But then David Cage be like:
Hurdur, muh Ellen Page, muh William Da Foe…
Am' i good enough to rub shoulders with da big boys of Jewlywood now?
And Kojima be like
Hey we got this famous dude from that inexplicably popular despite being shitty TV series about Zombies, does it reminds you of the Canceled Silent Hill too? Hey look new trailer here you go, another actor nobody knows or cares about

Also
Get your head out of you arr user

Learn to read you fucking nigger
havign a gameplay in wioch you click every option on screen until you hit the right one then repeat ocationally interrupted by mediocre shooting segments is good damn reason to call a game shit
What could i get from playoing it that i couldn't get from Youtubeing it
Telltales, as shit as they are at least serve as a baby's introduction to point & click graphic adventures whti some veeeery simple puzzles, Snatcher doesn't even have that, just click all the options until event is triggered, the repat until the end

This so much

Thinking back on it I think I had more fun figuring out that Phantom Pain was actually MGSV on Holla Forums than actually playing it

Did anyone think it wasn't?

This makes me wonder, has kojima had anything to say about how the US election turned out, his stuff as always been, at a basic level, somewhat political, I feel like he'd have a pretty fleshed out view one way or the other

and comedian
and director
and screenwriter
and author
and singer
and painter
and television personality
and radio DJ
and game developer

The sad part is this was exactly the case with MGSV in the threads following up to that russian guy streaming his early copy, the game and the plot twist a bunch of anons thought up was alot more fun and interesting than the game kojima shit out

nigger fired lol
Trump is a huge guy!

What was their plot twist

Your opinion about it being bad does not make it a bad game. In that vein, it's not wrong to just not like something, but when you're asked to bring up reasons and you have none then it's just a shit opinion from a shitposter
faggot
Jesus christ nigger
This doesn't sound like the game is bad, it sounds like you're shit at P&C
well you could know that the game plays a certain way, it's different to play a game than it is to watch it, you fucking mongoloid, but I forget that Holla Forums doesn't play games.
incorrect, TTGs are the walk around and talk adventure genre of games, they consist of walking around 3 areas in the current vicinity, picking up items that you'll use later, and talking to people until you progress to the next three locations. They only let you interact with exactly what you need to at the time and have no complex solutions to puzzles, since most of their games are extremely grounded. Even games where they have a chance to have complex solutions, like the MineCrap TTG, they just save most of the building shit for QTEs, which are the same in all their games; you press buttons on the screen, point and click on things that are highlighted, and you get progressed to a whole new area, usually with a "twist," like someone died in the chaos.

what? fuck no she was terrible in TPP

I bet you think VNs are games too.

the reddit-fugees, gents.

What does being the "main ingredient" even supposed to mean? How is Jean Reno more acceptable than Kevin Spacey, when that actor was brought in to try to appeal to western audiences?
The rest doesn't make any sense. Some actors aren't as famous as others, so… that makes it alright? No.

When he pointed out Onimusha, he just used some ham-fisted excuse about the game not taking itself seriously, but his whole point to begin with is about creating original characters that shouldn't resemble real life celebrities, so whether a game takes itself seriously or not should be a moot point by his OWN standards. In short, he's all over the place (as usual). Plus, he has no idea of the tones DS will have, so how can he possibly know if it's any worse or better than how Onimusha handled it?

Also, other people in the comments raised a good point, which is about the voice actors being recognizable across different games. So by that logic, it should also be a problem that extends far beyond than just implementing familiar faces.

Well, that was basically the pattern I noticed, with the implication of Kojima being a westaboo is the worst thing possible he always was.

DS is going to be way too ambitious to court the pseudo intellectual gamer.

What

Not my opinion faggot i'm just staign facts, Snatcher's gameplay is:
that's not my opinion, it an objective observation,
When a game can be won by pic 1 you know it's a shit game
I'm no Nigger… at least not a burger Nigger, call me Spicnigger
I wish thre was a way to play P&C in multyplayer so that i could destroy your ass for that heretic comment, P&C games were my life back in the 90s and i've been overjoyed by the rebirth of the genere latelly
Deponia being one my new favourites
I guess plebians noobs have a hard time deducting how a game plays by watching the control scheme and a gameplay demo,
Granted you need to actually play them to get down to the minute detail, but that only aplies to fast paced games where a tight respnsive control is esential to gameplay not brain/puzzle like games like the ones we are currently discussing

On TTG we agree, they are shit
barely complex puzzles, lots of QTEs, Hand Holding and Spoon Feeding and even by visual novel standards they are shit games, as player choise does not matter in the slightes because you will always get the same fucking ending no matter what you do
So imagine just how bad Snatcher must be in order for me to admit that a game whose puzzles resemble pic 2 is better than Snatcher

kojima is a hack and a fraud.

i got the dubs of truth m8, just watch Blade Runner you'll have a better afternoon

Yakuza be like

Death Stranding be like
Trailer 2 rolls in
>Hey look! It's that other famous guy who was also involved with the cancelled demo, aren't you hyped yet? But wait theres more; here's this whatever his name is other actor that is also famous i think

Jean Who? oh the french cop form the 3rd game, i kenw i had seen him 90s Godzilla, never really cared for him to me he was just a time traveling French Cop, he was never used to hype the game, in fact i was Hyped for the game beacuse it was Resident Evil with Samurays and time travel, it wasnt until much later that i learned the faces in the game where famous actros

Personally, i think the less real actors they use the better, Real actor are prbably the reason Onimusha will never get the REmake treatment

Judging from what we've seen so far with Vidya directors hyping a game with the actors they hired… the only thing that comes to mind ios Beyon 2 Souls, so you can probably guess why gamers are somewhat concerned about the very real posibility that DS will be just another one of those shitty Visual Novels with barelly enough interactivity to qualify as games

This is a valid point but only in half
For example i recognize Asura's wrath voice as Lezard's Valkyrie Profile voice
But i do not asociate the voiuce with a person IRL just with anotehr equally fictitious Vidya character

I was under the impression the reason his PW voice is so fucked is because of poor voice direction, who told him to use his Old Snake voice despite being plenty capable of doing regular Snake.

The butthurt was palpable though, I think he realized that his relevancy went out the window as soon as he was kicked off the role of Snake.

Kojima's confirmed it'll be a third person shooter of some kind. That's about it.

>But fucking sick as hell when it's being done by something I do like!

Yeah, that's a great video user, thanks Britfaggot, why not try shilling somewhere else?

You actually shoot stuff in Snatcher though, which is leagues above anything you do in a TTG.

Daily reminder that Hayter drank the Social Justice Kool-Aid.

Jesus Christ are you fucking drunk? Or just autistically slamming your skull against the keyboard to try and defend your favorite e-celeb because his video's shit and inconsistent?

No it's not, that's not why Yakuza did that at all. It's 'Hey, here's this famous actor guys! Get hype!'

Famous actors are marketable, and have been used to sell fucking everything from cereal to videogames since they got their start.

Kojima's DS trailers aren't even really about going 'WHOA LOOK AT THIS ACTOR!', that's certainly an element, but they're equally as much about the unsettling atmosphere and hints towards an off the wall story filled with mystery.

Jesus Christ faggot.

You mean like Uncharted 4, which marketed Nolan North and Troy Baker as if they were movie stars teaming up for the first time ever? The linear cinematic piece of boring garbage that Britbong gave a fucking glowing review?

Do like ten fucking seconds of research and look up that Kojima's already confirmed the game will play like. He's never skimped out on the gameplay, his games have a lot of cutscenes, but they aren't soft on that side of things either. Only retards trying too hard to fit in around here without playing them themselves think so.

It shouldn't, and there's no reason to believe that was Kojima's mindset. There's all kinds of strange shit happening in the first trailer alone, and hidden clues like the dog tags. There's also no way there should be any gameplay to show off, given that Kojima had been very recently kicked out from Konami and made a deal with Sony, and that the dev team had not even settled on an engine at that point.
Same argument goes for the second trailer; it's still too soon to show any gameplay, and there's a lot more to it than just famous actors (like you know, a fucking worm tank and walking skeletons?). Not to mention, we're still judging this whole thing by just the trailers, which is ridiculous.

How does that change anything? He still clearly looks like the real-life counterpart, same as with the protagonist of the series, which goes directly against the point he made earlier in the video about iconic characters.

Nope, they chose him partly because he was famous. archive.is/fXu5c#selection-689.266-689.462

Seriously, I should tell you to fucking lurk moar, but so it's made clear, DS is planned to be a third person shooter. Kojima even referenced The Division and Uncharted. You shouldn't have taken GamingBrit's smug, passive-aggressive tone seriously when he says """game""". He often talks like complete faggot, and his Vanquish review in particular was made worse because of it.

I'm fucking off to bed now.

Are they allowing Hideo "I am not genius like George Lucas" Kojima write it?

Kojima doesn't seem to care about individual persons and policies, it's all about society, philosophy and the bigger picture to him.

Theory crafting is more interesting than playing these kind of games

>>>/cuckchan/

But he sure loves to shill multiculturalism and environmentalism, and that cancerous pacifism many Japanese content creators seem to masturbate to.

You said it, Rudy!
Anybody have that image that explains how Bloodborne is a simulation inside MGR's universe, how Sundowner is Micolash and Moon Presence is an AI based on The Boss?

I like these types of analytical musings usually, but this guy sounds like such a full of himself cunt.

I thought it was Silent Hills

Why are you all riding this thing hard?

Okay. First things first. I am worried about this game and the tone it sets. Next thing is I am worried about its impact to the metal gear universe (Yes it is set in the metal gear universe if you do not know you do not understand kojima as I do and you do not understand multitransitional universe theory.) I am worried though because this means the universe in every setting is bleak and also is sad which is unfortunate because it means there is no universe 22 here it is all universe prime and thus we will simply see another turn out that mirrors the prime and i am a little worried because what does that mean that everything will be primified in the future? Truly hope itll be okay if not i hope they dwelve into a mirrored esosoulic sort of thing where they delve into face to face but not word to word characters that create interchangable instances much like the scene with the revolver could be done with the baby instead as a way to show that these two characters fill the mirrored masks of the characters previously presented (Snake and Ocelot) and thus enabling the viewer to the signal to the character, or rather the character to signal to the player that they are one in the same and an adiration spiral may begin in which we feel more like returning to a womb of sorts than to a new world or plane in the same way we choose mates much like our parents so too do I hope this game is like mother snake eater and not that of a new unified world but rather a universe 22 as opposed to prime as is a much better outcome for it all. best case scenerio would be something like black mirror as opposed to something like say star trek but that's just me and star trek I mean as TNG was to DS9 also whats up with mass effect lately?

I'm excited but at the same time cautious. MGS V had a heap of problems and Konami can't be blamed for all of them. The open world was finished way back in 2013 because I remember Kojima feeling depressed after seeing what Rockstar did with GTA V compared to his game.

Death Stranding is very likely going to be Silent Metal Gear Hills. Some ideas and general polish from MGS combined with a lot of the ideas he had for Silent Hills. All we know so far is that "Uncharted and The Division players will enjoy Death Stranding" which at least indicates its a TPS with possible online interactivity. I think Mads is a PVP mechanic that's also part of the story as well.

Don't remind me

Don't worry, it will no longer be about vocal cord parasites, just ordinary cord parasites this time.

I'm stoned, and my wireless keyboard is low on battery
Tell me more about how they've been doing that since the first reveal trailer of the franchize
Wuzzat? ye cant? go figure, i guess the extra actor in the last game must have been aded as condiment
Instead of the Main dish that is Darryl Steak… I mean Death Stranding
Who?
Oh the Voice actors, yeah i recognize them as Nathan and Nathan's bro only i never regoisteresd any of them until Uncharted came out, and quite franquly i still don't, They tried but they didn't use people that famous, the game main marketing was "hey heres a sequel of that game you like so much"

Kojima's been wanting to make movie since forever but he was tied down to the gameplay restrictions of the MGS IP now that he is free and that Telltales and David Cage have prooven they can sell overpriced B movie midly interactive experiences disguised as games, there is really nothing stopping him from
proof?

Despite the popular actor from the populat TV series who was also in that popular demo being the very first thing that pops up on screen
And what do the trailers tell us?
That they wanna be movie like as far as wasting money in expensive actors when an average mocap amateur Joe and a couple of CGI animator would have done the same for cheaper
and they did this in the third game when the IP alrready had fame of its own, it ain't like onimusha had to ride on the coat tail of it's actors to reach the top
This in itself is as big a cause of concern as the fact that muh famous actor is the only thing they've been showing so far

Any young females so far? Or am I forced to use the babies as research materials?

Way to disregard his argument. His point is that it makes sense for Yakuza to use real people since these are famous actors from Yakuza movie genre. They are fitting with the theme of the game and a good homage to old works that people who like Yakuza will definetly recognize.

Death Stranding on the other hand is just famous face for the sake of marketing or because the actor is friends with Kojima. It just feels forced.

The most derivative and soulless games you could possibly imagine. The Division is everything wrong with third person shooters and multiplayer games rolled into one, and Uncharted is basically Tomb Raider coming full circle back to Indiana Jones, only without any of the charm or excitement, busily being warped into a kike's propaganda pulpit.

If these two are the inspirations Kojima is drawing from in terms of gameplay then we can fully expect a "game" that is more movie than anything else, on top of leftist political shilling. I assume it's no coincidence Kojima has teamed up with that spic champagne socialist cuck.

I didn't even know any of the celebrities till they started spamming his profile here.

VOCAL CHORD PARASITES
METALLIC ARCHAEA
WOLBACHIA
HAMBURGERS

test

From Death Stranding? They are pretty popular with normalfags due to Walking Dead and Hannibal tv shows. But to be honest, most of these people are close friends with Kojima and that's the main reason they are in the game. Specially Joost;

You said
Hence my response.

Not nearly enough to reach a definite conclusion. For starters, the trailers have been vague even with character's names, and there has been no dialogue whatsoever. And directly comparing finished products to trailers of a game that's still in development is just dumb.

But yeah, that doesn't sound totally arbitrary at all! Besides, the main character's appearance in Onimusha was always based on an actor who was already popular at the time.

He wasn't inspired by them. He said that if you played those games then you'll know what you're getting yourself into. There's barely anything in common between Uncharted and The Division, only that they are third-person shooters. Kojima just happened to pick the games that were most popular at the time.

read the thread

Does it matter? It'll be typical Kojuma shlock

Kojima has been wanting to make shit more and more cinematic with every game and now that he is not restrained by the gameplay of MGS and with his only other games being Artic Adventure and Snatcher i can knida guess wich of the 2 DS is gonna resemble more.
Plus the fact that the trailer is showing off all the moeny they wasted in hiring actors to hype the game, the posibility of it being a Visual Novel like Beyond 2 Souls intensifies

Here is the first Trailer for Onimusha, they show the famous actors face first, BUT ONLY FOR A SECOND from 0:03 to 0:05 and the rest of the trailer is nothing but gameplay and a couple of sotry CGI
Now tell me agains how Onimusha relied as heavily in the actors they hired as Death Stranding is doing

The division has an open world with dull side missions to do over and over agains, like MGSV and Uncharted is a cinematic, linear rollercoaster ride, so i guess we can expect some sort of sand box game with scripted events everywhere, gameplay wise they are both meh, though i give the thumbs up to Uncharted for at least being a fairly entretaining meh

What does prove, exactly? If anything, MGSV had arguably the most gameplay variety and depth out of the whole series. In fact, fans were mostly pissed the game had such a lackluster and sparse story.

I've already addressed this, and you're still ignoring the fact they can't possibly show any gameplay yet. By the time the first trailer was shown, the dev team had not even decided on a game engine yet.
That trailer for Onimusha showed the game in an advanced state of development, that it might as well have been a launch trailer (the video description even says the trailer was found on the disc). Just look at this other trailer I found, it's not even in-game graphics.

This is not even taking into account the amount of live action trailers for other games, or the kind of teasers that only show the game's title (hell, even Silent Hills had a playable teaser), or completely misguiding CG trailers (Dead Island being a famous example).

Good riddance. I hope he becomes homeless and has to suck dick for a living. What a gay.

Well, I doubt he is anti-Trump, considering the plot of the entire Metal Gear series is "Hook nosed man with ancient Hebrew name David controls shadow government that rules the world and he is trying to end all nations and force all races, cultures and languages to mix together in order to globalize the world".

Kojima is clearly Jew-wise. There is no way the whole story of Zero is pure coincidence. The whole MG series is about stopping the elite from causing globalism.

It prooves that Onimusha sold itself by puting gameplay in the trailer
So you can't even copmpare to DS wich is selling itself becos muh Darryl

Besides, you can't argue against the dubs of truth

Good, fuck him

You mean MY dubs, right?

And there's no solid evidence what trailer came about first. For all we know, the one I posted was published before the game launched, while the one you posted is said to have been found on the disc. Besides, we're both already looking into this far more than TGBS even thought of doing, which was the reason this discussion started to begin with.

too many typos, I'm in a hurry

I can't wait to see the reaction of Kojimafags when he'll introduce a 4-player game mode in Death Stranding where you have to kill hordes of not-zombies.

I mistok your post>>11724899 for mine avove it>>11724708
My shame, my dishonor
The whole argument started from this comment

Who am i to judge? my english is shit and my spanish native language is even worse
also poc related is for you fish face

HEH