About to order some parts to build a computer, Holla Forums. Will these specs meet my needs as a PC gamer?

About to order some parts to build a computer, Holla Forums. Will these specs meet my needs as a PC gamer?

Should I upgrade or change anything? I'm looking to run stuff like Doom or Skyrim on the highest quality settings without dipping below 55-60 FPS

Other urls found in this thread:

alltimevrecommendations.wikidot.com/wiki:pc-primer-test
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just get yourself a 1 TB hard drive

I actually am gonna get a 3 TB hard drive, but I didn't think my hard drive storage was relevant here

Pretty much anything should. Most of the best PC games are older, and run on toasters.

Those specs should run those games fine, but I can't test it myself.

gross. You've got up-to-date specs there (although I'd want to get more RAM than that, for multi-tasking in the era of RAM-hungry browsers), but is this really what you're getting them for?

KYS

it's an ok build tho, go for it if you can

Nigger, skyrim runs on a toaster nowadays, bit even then, why are you planning on playing bethshit?

All of that is decadent bullshit foisted on you by the bourgeoise. You only need a Mac Mini.

Because I'm not an elitist. I like the game, I play it on my shitty laptop on the lowest possible settings but I still like it.

Kys, you massive faggot.
>>>/out/

You need a dubs processor to check these dubs.

Get chekt, bitch

Nice meme. Let me take a wild guess here: You haven't played many different games; you don't really know what many different games are like; you don't know how meme games like Skyrim and Zenimax Doom compare to them. Let me sum it up: Skyrim is an unfulfilling time sink that falsely sells itself on the pretence of a reactive world; Zenimax Doom is a cutscene-filled progression game. Broaden your horizons - you'll thank yourself for it and you'll wonder how you ever put up with those hundreds of hours spent repetitively mashing buttons to empty your quest log; those tens of hours spent sitting through pretentious (that is, time-wasting) cutscenes to get Praetor tokens to make your numbers go up (protip you put up with them because you didn't know any better).

Yeah that'll run anything you want to run. Make sure to check reviews for your PSU, jonnyguru and hardwarecanucks are the best at that.

this tbh ———-→

you either mustard like royalty or you don't mustard at all and are just a peasant.

unless you are one of those /g/ guys playing just emulators on arch linux, thats ok i guess

Why is everyone ragging on his examples of games he wants to run at a decent framerate? Have none of you ever heard of future proofing?

They may be mediocre but they're also technically demanding.

Also that rig would be in the enthusiast category over at logicalincrements.com which means you're fine for the next 3-4 years. Personally I'd wait until Zen comes out to maximize my investment, going with either intel aviv or AMD depending on benchmarks results.

Kys

Why wouldnt he say somthing good like

Zen will be out before March and will wipe the floor with that CPU for less money.

A 6700K paired with an RX 480 is retarded. The bottlenecking delta will be enormous. A $64 G4560 would be far more sane. and still let you play new games at high settings, 1080p, 60 fps. Alternatively, wait for Zen.

650 watts is also very overkill. Get a higher-quality lower-wattage unit.

16 GB of RAM is excessive for gaming, but if you plan on using lots of applications at once, then that's reasonable.

Shilling the wiki page I made again: alltimevrecommendations.wikidot.com/wiki:pc-primer-test

Also your taste in games is shit op.

Drop the i7 for an i5 you really dont need that shit.
Hell if you're truly worried on missing out on muh performance, get an unlocked i5 6600k and overclock it. Honest to god waste of money going for i7, hope youre getting the cheapest RAM possible too none of that GAMER shit. Also you can drop to a 450-550w power supply, just get a certified one.

And dont listen to
booting from an SSD is night and fucking day experience, you also end up wanting to put games on it every now and then to cut out the load times.

By the way, unless you have a 4K or 1440p monitor, you will run everything well beyond 60 fps on this setup. You are going to be getting like 200-300fps in many cases, with all the graphics settings at their highest possible. The NVIDIA tech will cause some FPS drops but that shit can be turned off and its not even noticeable.

I didn't know Holla Forums turned into the equivalent of a youtube comment section.

Looks like someone is triggered

nigga you left a wide gap between your "entry" and "efficient" pc builds

also if you want to go real cheap just buy second hand GPU's, i ve seen 380x for like $90 - 100 and will perform better than an rx460 in everything.

Your specs look fine OP, but don't bother with a game like NuDoom.
Don't bother here either. Unless you plan on modifying the execute file to handle more than 4gb of RAM, skyrim is completely worthless. On top of that the special edition barely has any mods at all functioning.

That's a placebo effect going from a bloated fragmented drive with sector errors to a fresh new one. Modern disk drives that have tons of cache will max out his throughput or the difference will be only noticeable in unobservable milliseconds.

Go for storage over speed until the price for SSD is reasonable. The time you'll save isn't worth the premium you'll pay.

you re talking out of your ass m8 there is a reason SSD became increasingly in demand, aside from the advantages over mechanical stuff, the only way to really get the "small difference" you say is by pitching the cheapest SSD vs top tier HDDs and even then the SSD will come on top, screw you mechanical goblin

You are legit arguing the equivalent of flat earth theory. The difference in load speed is objectively real.

Besides, a 240GB SSD is around 75 USD, thats hardly unreasonable. You get an external 1-3TB drive for games and shit.

For an experiment, if you do any software development, put your SDK on an external hard drive and see how fucking long it takes for intellisense/content assist to load up members every time you try to access them.

Enjoy wasting money on all that RAM you don't need
Enjoy wasting money on that giant processor you don't need
Enjoy running out of hard drive space
Enjoy that budget card that can't keep up with that processor
Enjoy not having enough power

9/11 it's pretty good

What's a good alternative to Skyrim that he can play?

Would you rather have 6tb of 'slow' or 1 tb of 'fast'? The difference being barely noticeable in everyday use.

Yes SSDs are vastly technically superior but disks drives are still being sold for a good reason. If money is of no concern go for SSD, hell go for M.2 or a virtual RAM drive.

240gb is a joke nowadays, I've found working 500gb and 1tb disks in the garbage, they sell larger microsd cards than 240gb. The hassle of having a slightly slower and slightly faster drive is ridiculous, you'll waste more time moving files around than it'll save in loading speeds. Especially on an external drive, unless you use esata.

+1 on that buzzword.