How to do the Switch right

If Nintendo had put you in charge of designing the Nintendo Switch, what would you have done differently? Hard mode: It has to start from the same premise of being a hybrid console.

Here's what I'd do (shitty photoshops attached. the real thing would look cooler, this is just to convey the control scheme):
>integrated microphone in the tablet, and 3-ring headphone+microphone jacks in both the tablet and the pro controller

that's literally the best part you nigger

reboot the gameboy advance sp

No photoshops of this one. I can imagine it in one of 3 form factors:

Thoughts?

continued here:

It's a gimmick, adds a lot to the cost, and compromised the controls. All it adds to the package is:
The best part of the Switch was getting home console and portable games on the same platform. You don't need detachable controls for that.

And you gimped that because now you have a fucking foot+ long hunk of controller and screen to carry around. You're shit at product design, get over it and kill yourself.

How about creating a home-only edition of the Switch that is more powerful?

Focus it solely on it being a handheld, give it two screens and a clamshell design.
So make it the n3ds without 3d, a better top screen, another thumb pad (not the nipple), and remove the paid online.

I didn't change the width of the gamepad at all. Pic related is the illustration I edited. The Switch is smaller than a Wii U gamepad and that was already fairly portable. You could even reduce the width if you wanted, now that the detachable controllers, locking mechanisms, and supports for the "tablet" part are gone.

More powerful, no, the whole point is to sell people on the idea that it's a game console that you can take on the go. A cheaper home-only version, however, like the Vita TV, would definitely be a possibility.

That is very delusional. Maybe 1 at that cost, but with the tech it would still probably need to have a start point of 300 since nintendo likes to make a profit on their hardware.

You fucking wot? How? Seriously, how? At most you cut 10 $ usd. Thats the cost of 2 bluetooth cards, cards that they probably are reusing from the wiius. So no cost was cut.

And the length decreases when I disassemble it. You want to cut little to no costs to cut customizability. The biggest thing about this console is it looks like its going to be modular, and gimping that makes it a fucking pc. That said, there are things I would change, like the lock mechanisms on the pad and half controls. The lack of analog triggers, the lack of floating id, the lackluster launch lineup, harddrive space you cannot bullshit me that they could not have fit 250 gb flash memory into the pad part. color scheme, and noa, but the modular part is fine. As for cost, all consoles tend to be overcharged for. I give it a year and it will be 50$ less.

I meant that 2 more worthwhile games would be available to purchase at launch, not that all 3 would be pack-ins.
Wouldn't even have to be huge games like Mario Kart and Splatoon, honestly. I can understand why Nintendo tries to spread their big games apart (so their "whales" will buy every game when it launches instead of picking and choosing, and so they stay in the news longer), but they really should have launched with something more than 1-2-Switch and Let's Fucking Dance to go with BotW.

Nobody knows the numbers but Nintendo but I think they could have significantly reduced the price if they hadn't designed it around detachable controls.
I think they could get it down to $250, or $300 with a pack-in easy were it not for all of that. $200/$250 with pack-in would be tougher but doable.

GBA with an analog stick and maybe an extra set of shoulder buttons. Done. Not doing hard mode because it's actually poz your original audience mode.

See
The components add up, but the real killers are the design constraints detachability creates, and having manufacture 3 separate parts at the highest quality instead of one.
Fair but I doubt most people will bother. You are going to be throwing this in your backpack if you take it anywhere, which is more than enough room for the assembled device. The only reason I can think of to disassemble it is to protect the analog sticks, which obviously would not be a problem if they were replaced with circle nubs.
You're never going to see totally different joy-cons that enable new playstyles like that mockup that was floating around. The best you will see are slight variations that widen and space out the controls, maybe something with circle nubs, maybe themed variants to sell to nostalgiafags, and maybe something like a Gamecube imitation for smashfags. Apart from the Gamecube controller remake, you could get both of those control improvements under my scheme, and detachable faceplates like the 3DS would be much cheaper than novelty SNES joycons.
No, it makes it a gaming console that you can take on the go, or a gaming tablet that you can dock into your TV. Which is the important part of the Switch, not the joy-con gimmick.

I would do it all right

bump

Announce a port of the new pokemon (Call it something else besides just sun/moon) for Switch. It would instantly be a success.

thanks mod

Here's a thought: don't fucking integrate your console and portable together, and make the console have no mandatory gimmicks with hardware that rivals or surpasses the competition. Fuck Nintendo.

I'd remove the weird "next gen rumble" tech, because rumble is just something I always end up turning off anyways. And unless the camera on the controller is part of the motion sensitivity, I'd get rid of that too (unless that means we can get Duck Hunt like the Zapper had). Otherwise I'm pretty happy with the hardware.

Instead of focusing on those during the Direct, I'd make sure the online was something that looked worthwhile before giving off the price point. An account system for your VC games that picks up your purchases from your 3DS and Wii U, and there'd be a multiplayer overlay built in that allows a second person to join in as "player 2" either with their own Switch or a second controller. Focus on the VC as a means of bridging the gap between early releases (and lower the fucking prices FFS, no one should have to pay $5 for an NES ROM).

Even if it's just talk and almost nothing to show, I'd still like to know what other companies are working on, so I would have listed those. Not in a spaghetti-fest like Suda was when he was announcing Travis' return, but at least a brief reel of, "hey, FromSoft is working on this, tri-ace this," et cetera.

Nah. That's pretty much what's killing AAA gaming right now - the focus on graphics not only increases the cost of the hardware, but also the cost of development, both in money and time. Realistically speaking, we've hit the point where the graphics can do pretty much anything you need to do to support your gameplay.

Merging the console and handheld was a great move for a company that struggles with third-party support. It ends the droughts and puts everyone on one platform, effectively doubling the number of first-party titles that come out (and making it easier to switch team members around, since it's all one API and system instead of two).

I would have made it life-sized and a robot.

Like this?

Get rid of this portable nonsense and make the system as powerful as the PS4 Pro. Buy up all of Sega's IP's, building development teams to work on new titles.

Fire the losers in NoA and take over direct control of that branch of the company. Focus on multilingual staff who can speak both English and Japanese.

Finally, change the target market from pre-teens to young adults.

As far as the design goes, who cares.

I'm pretty sure one of the biggest reasons why they made the Switch portable is to appeal to the Japanese market where home consoles aren't all that popular anymore. That and the fact that they can finally get the normalfags to buy it once they release the next Pokemon game.

I would make it smaller and double as a phone running android.
400$ pricetag.
There, million of sales and million of games. The only bad thing will be, that you wouldn't be able to release such a masterpiece again and scam the goy after 4 years.

SNES cost $200 on release with Super Mario World. Adjusted for inflation, that would be $369.32.
Don't you think you are being a little unreasonable in your demands?

Buy out Nintendo.
Do nothing.
Let it die.

It must cost something to make if they need to charge $50 for half the controller.

Really the best way to guarantee its complete and utter failure in Japan would've been to make it exclusively a home console. And if Japan doesn't give a shit about it then they're gonna phone in western support guaranteed, but really being able to function as both a home console and a (bizarre, large) handheld is an interesting enough gimmick to draw a huge audience. Take shit with you for a little while or just keep it in the dock at all times and only charge the controller; everybody's happy.

Remove the handheld, make more powerful than all of the consoles in the market, get AAA devs on board, get rid of weebshit that's poisoning the market and get western celebs to endorse it. I just saved Nintendo and made them bajillions.

I just read the part where you cleared up that they are launch titles. But still, it's too cheap for the price range you are going for, although only slightly. You could probably have it be $50 cheaper with cutting all those gimmicks, or have a big name launch title.

What I would do is make it backwards compatible with 3ds so I can play Monster Hunter with two proper joysticks.

Design complexity nigger, and the bt cards themselves.

No, you just placed them in the same boat as Sony and Microsoft, both of which aren't doing as well as they hoped, especially outside of the West.

I just want the fucking 3ds xl with higher resolution, two joysticks, and one screen and no 3d. The controllers would be detachable, but you'd also be able to detach each control piece of the controller, so you could get custom buttons, joysticks, and shoulder buttons without having to buy new controllers. It should be about like large smartphone sized (5 inch screen), with an XL tablet size avaliable later. Controller faceplates would be avaliable for purchase, as well as a larger battery for the controllers and console. It would use carts, they would be slightly bigger than ds carts, around the side of a GBA cart cut vertically in half, but slightly longer. There would be a converter you could purchase so it could play DS and 3DS games at increased resolution. (The converted wouldn't stick out of the console, and there would be a flap to cover it). It would use both SD and MicroSD, and would come with a 16 GB flash. The screen would have an option to turn the backlight from 0 to 100%, not just havijg it be slightly loghter or darker. You can save cartridges to your SD, too.

I just want it to have a dock with an extra GPU in it, but everything else is fine. If developers, Nintendo included, can nail down 60 fps on travel mode in 720p then it's not bad at all on a screen its size. TV mode is entirely the issue and can be solved via SLI; the tech is already there to do it. If they're smart I can see them selling a Pro Dock in the future that'll do just that to allow for higher resolution games down the line, possibly even 4k gaming if the technology is ripe enough.

not necessarily. things are always marked up

seriously thats fucking ridiculous though. i remember seeing a 40 dollar gamepad and thinking that was absurd.

I'd add that the system should probably use some customized version of android, since making a proprietary OS would absolutely kill them.

this is not valid design change
this doesn't work
this is a shit idea but people like it for some reason, also the running costs and dev costs increase dramatically with these features in mind
the price is 250 still just because
Now on to actual design changes
They provide far more versatility than I expected to the console and they haven't harmed adoption in genres like platformers and RPGs
because profits appear out of mid air, there's some room for margin shrinking but no one includes extra shit for a lower price and the controllers are basically at industry standard.
I actually like this idea and I'm not sure why they rolled it back. There is the issue of the caps rubbing off, so some minor design changes would have been necessary
they're OK I guess
This is one of the cheaper things on the device and has some applications in games.

acknowledging it would make the Switch cost around 430$ on launch, 2/10

read and weep fagot

Optional accessory: Thicker joycons that are more comfortable to hold and physically 90% battery, which lend their power to the console for longer play time when they're attached.

That's Nintendo's fucking site you dip.

Top retard, kys

If it can be applied in a way that isn't garbage I am 100% down for this.

These are happening. Detach-ability is interchangeability.

What is gained by this?

The death of waggle tech-demo collections being passed off as games

If they cut the waggle shit then it wouldn't be
FIFTY
FUCKING
DOLLARS
for
HALF
A
CONTROLLER
Nintendo wants their casual cake that fucking badly.

user, you had one job for shitposting. One job.

What the fuck is this, middle school?

Alternatively I would suggest that nintendo, for all this PS3-level hype, bring something more than really weak launch titles to the table. There is literally nothing beyond an actually complete Mario Kart 8, and an attempt to make an actually serious Zelda title, gameplay and Zelda tiddies notwithstanding. As , said, different versions of JoyCons for different situations would justify extras being 80 USD. Especially JoyCons that could be used to define macros, if they ever intend to release a US version of Monster Hunter Double Cross on the Switch. This of course is meaningless without launch games that need macros.

Out of all the new games, Arms especially, look as if they were hastily thrown together to justify release. If it wasn't for the stockholders breathing down their necks, and the Wii U being a confusing mess to deal with, they probably would have enough time to release a lot more games with a new console, that had been through more than just an extended sprint for development time.

In conclusion, more time + more variety in launch and launch window releases would have improved this console greatly.

I certainly fucking hope so. Those things look so painfully tiny and uncomfortable that I can't imagine using them with anything but a dock or some kind of attachable grip like you needed to make the vita usable for long periods.

t. reddit

how do you use the shoulder buttons when using the pads on multiplayer mode? also what are those things, buttons?

Simple, you don't.

And the +/- symbols are there to tell which half-controller goes on which side/strap-button thing.

So you only have 4 buttons and a directional to play with?

6 (7 if you count the pause button), the 2 squares on the top are shoulder buttons substitutes.
Didn't notice that you circled because I'm a blind fuck.

AND motion controls for camera / movement

Oh, so that's why Nintendo fucked up the d-pad? They really want the Wii shitter audience back.

Never been there, faggot. See what I just did there? Called someone a name that wasn't autistic or invented. If anything, misappropriating smug anime lolis just to bait and sidetrack a discussion about how to save gaming as a whole for those that can't afford a computer, or looking for entry level gaming, just goes to show how fucking stupid you are. For example, you can bitch and whine all you fucking want about prices, but it won't save you from the fact that those prices were decided by nintendo, and it is completely out of our fucking hands. We use these threads to speculate what could have been, and the people like you who take it as an excuse to moan, cry and piss about the most insignificant part of a piece of hardware: the price. What the actual hardware does, however, is more important and details just exactly what you're getting. If you passionately hate the switch so much, don't fucking talk about it.

there's nothing you could change while retaining the core design of the switch. without removable joycons you wouldn't have the home console aspect of a physical controller and you wouldn't have compatibility for wii titles that'll inevitably get virtual console releases.

I can't really say how bad the thing performs since they never told us how much ram it has and what the processors running at. If it runs skyrim at fairly decent settings, assuming the footage they showed wasn't fudged, then it can't be that bad of a setup. At the very least its a decent step up from the wii u.

The only way to do the switch right would be to scrap the whole thing and make a proper console.

First off, the entire basis of the system makes me wonder if anyone at Nintendo is even aware of what people think of their current products. The Wii U gamepad is almost unanimously hated. Every time it's forced in a game, people are begging for an alternate control scheme. So what is Nintendo doing in response to this? They're making the entire console a glorified Wii U gamepad with a docking station.

Second, making a home console / portable hybrid is a horrible idea with current technology levels. It's just going to end up being mediocre at both. As a home console, the requirements to remain portable are going to severely hamper the hardware. While they haven't stated any exact specs, anyone with half a brain knows that the power and thermal limits of the portable design are going to mean extremely anemic hardware next to the competition. Furthermore, requiring the whole unit to be a single custom made SOC rather than using a more standard modular hardware layout is going to drive up the price. They're asking $250 for the Switch, when just $20 more gets you a base model PS4 or Xbone. A standard hardware layout would mean some combination of higher profits on hardware sales for Nintendo, higher specs for the same price, or a cheaper console with the same specs. It would be a win/win on every front, but Nintendo decided against it.

The weak hardware is also going to kill third party support, just as it has for Nintendo's last two consoles, and Nintendo still seems completely oblivious to the fact. For the third console in a row, developers will have the choice between making a single game that can be ported with relative ease between PC/Sony/MS hardware due to their similar hardware design, or dedicating an entire team to make a custom build for Nintendo's special snowflake toaster. I don't care about Nintendo's claimed third party support for the Switch. Remember pic related from the Wii U launch, how'd that turn out?

As a portable system, the listed 3 hour battery life when playing BotW is laughable. And keep in mind that real world battery life is almost always worse than what's listed on the box. This is only compounded by the problem of charging. For a 3DS, you can use a $3 cable to charge from USB2 ports, which can be found virtually anywhere. But the Switch needs USB-C, which is still extremely rare in 2017. Not to mention non replaceable battery means anyone who heavily uses the Switch as a portable system is going to have extremely diminished battery life after a couple years, with no simple way to replace the battery. Then there's the issue of portability itself. It's almost as large as a Wii U gamepad, so you're not going to be just sticking it in your back pocket as you leave the house, you need a bag for this thing. And when it's in that bag, you better be careful, because without having a clamshell design to help protect the important parts, the screen is going to be damaged at the drop of a hat.

And let's not forget that Nintendo already has an extremely successful portable system on the market, so half the purpose of the Switch has competition from within Nintendo.

It's like Nintendo has their head so far up their own ass that they think the Wii's success was due to some genius on their own part, when in reality it was just an extremely lucky case of being in the right place at the right time to capture the casual market. Now Nintendo is trying desperately to duplicate that success, but it's never going to happen, because the casual market has been completely dominated by mobile games at this point. The entire situation with the Switch makes me think the top brass at Nintendo is completely out of touch with the current market, how their past systems have performed, and what consumers actually want.

That's Nintendo being kikes, nothing to do with the wagglan, the pro controller is 70, two Joycons are 80.
The Joycons are more flexible economic wise, if one breaks, you only have to replace one, potentially buying two for 40 each. If the pro controller breaks, you have to pay 70 dollars.
Two accidents cost you 80 with the joycons while two accidents cost you 140 with the pro controller.
Hell, without the Joycons one accident in portable mode may cost you the entire console (It's more likely a stick will break). Having detachable things is good, it's just nintendo being kikes that's bad.

Or they can market the Switch as a handheld and make a separate console.

honestly i think a vagina attachment would provide a unique next gen gaming experience

Fuck just have no paid online and open the DK for third party joycons.
Then nobody has to worry about layout.

its hard to say how bad the 3rd party line up is, based on their presentation they did a decent job getting people on board.

portable hardware really has made leaps and bounds in recent years. nvidia's tegra chips are surprisingly good so that was probably the best to go with rather than the far weaker APUs from AMD or god forbid going with another powerpc build. There are cell phones out there with octacore processors and 8 gigs of ram. Why the fuck would a phone ever need those kind of specs? Who the hell knows. Point is, you probably shouldn't sell the switch short until we see the full specs.

the storage space had me worried but I think I understand the reasoning behind it. Since the games are basically being sold on SDXC cards, you can fit up to 64 gigs on one of those and they have near instantaneous load times. Probably one of their smarter choices. The only reason the xbone and ps4 kept the disc format is because they're desperately going for the "entertainment system" angle. That's why they have built in netflix and cable TV routing and all this pointless shit. My friend has an xbox one and I swear to god I don't think I ever saw him play a single game on it, its literally just a netflix box for him. Clearly specs aren't the only thing needed to make games since the ps4 and xbone have no fucking games.

A console without gimmicks is worthless.

Drop the pro controller entirely, since joycon+screen offers the same functionality.
Redesign the joycons to prioritize joycon+screen setup. That means moving the right joypad above the buttons like on the wiiu. Move those little shoulder buttons on the outside to compensate.
Slash the screen resolution to save costs, IF market research shows no one actually uses the mobile feature.

so does this thing replace the 3ds? im confused

The Switch gimmick is portability. Waggle came and went, nobody cares anymore. It's not precise enough for core gamers and casuals moved to phones.

the screen is already only displaying at 720p, I don't think you could slash it anymore without making it a blurry mess.

Gyro aiming is actually a strength when done well. Much better than joystick aiming, but not as good as mouse aiming obviously

beter than PC master race fangots

are you sure you can't add more cocks to this design?

If being able to use a full fledged controller but being able to relax my shoulders because I don't have to have both hands close together is a gimmick. Then I'm the world's biggest sucker.
Yes, "HD Rumble" and the IR camera are fucking dumb and are what make the pair cost an extra $20-$30. As a "core gamer" who likes to play games in which you only press buttons and who turns off rumble I think it's fucking useless and would like to save myself $20-$30.
But being able to play video games with my arms relaxed seems like so much more than a mere gimmick to me. It looks so comfortable to be able to play games with your arms at your sides. If there's anything that the competition copies about the Switch. It might very well be the joy-con controller's split-controller functionality.

It's about the size of a Sega Game Gear (slightly shorter and about a half inch wider), which is extremely reasonable when the system is a home console that can be used on the go rather than a dedicated portable console.

I do see that being a problem, however it is extremely likely that addon battery packs will be made for people who want to use the Switch mainly as a mobile console. A small box on the back with a couple 18650s would likely give you much longer play time for little added bulk and 18650s will cost much less than whatever custom Nintendo brand battery you'd be able to buy.

Pretty much everyone I've seen with a 3DS that wasn't a kid carries it in a bag rather than their pocket. The problem is everyone having large phones now days.

The joycons being removable means you could keep the center tablet section in a close fitting hard case with minimal added bulk.

t. reddit

Retard.

agreed. honestly, the joycons are what i wanted to see in a successor to the wii. I'm fine with motion controls as long as i can still play traditional games while lounging about. also, playing with the joycons separately does open up the possibility for those 4 extra buttons being used for whatever, so that's neat.

t. Nintendrone cuckold

add VR glasses and we are set

Also it's fucking horseshit that wii accessories despite being plain bluetooth controllers can't be used in any capacity.

nitendo is at theyre best when they go back to the old classics.

Honestly every Wii accessory under the sun working with the U just convoluted it and contributed to customer confusion and bad sales. I work in electronics retail and it was always a train wreck trying to explain to people that which Wii controllers would work with their Wii U depended entirely on the developers' whims on a per-game basis. People didn't like it. They wanted to know what controllers to buy so all their kids could play multiplayer, and I couldn't guarantee them that the same controllers would work for all games in the future. Why should they buy something so confusing and inconvenient when they could just get an xbox or playstation and know for sure that their controllers would always work?

People will pay out the ass for convenience. They pay $2 extra to buy their movie tickets online instead of waiting at the desk in the theater. They pay more for gas because a particular station is closer to their commute. Almost all as-seen-on-TV items sell because they claim to simplify your life in some way. If you provide something that's clean-cut in its purpose and easy to use, it makes money. If you confuse your customers, you lose them.

Fuck the consumers what the hell am I going to do with all these wiimotes and nunchucks people leave at my house?

Play on the other two consoles that support them?

What the fuck do you do with all your N64 controllers? NES, SNES, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, your collection of guitar hero bullshit that's been made useless now, your donkey konga bongos? Controllers don't carry over between generations. It's never been an established thing. Nintendo tried it and it confused the shit out of people and devs.

how in the hell is "it depends on the game" a hard concept to grasp?

remove portability. MAKE A REAL CONSOLE THAT PLAYS MARIO AND THIRD PARTY SHIT.

THERE.

YOU COULD EVEN MAKE IT STRONGER THAN THE PS4 PRO TO CUCK SONY OUT OF THE MARKET.

WHAT THE FUCK NINTENDO

I'm guessing the consumers he has to deal with are people who have never touched a videogame in their life and need to buy that game for christmas/birthday during lunch break so there in a rush.
Although my parents never had that problem since they told me to write a christmas list down everytime.
Also to add on to that someone outside of videogames is not going to hold the name wii, wiiU, wii mini, wiimote, amiibo any weight and dismiss this shit from the get go.

The whole reason people buy a console over a PC in the first place is the guarantee of simplicity. "It just works. I put the disc in and play." They want the shit the console came with to be all you ever need. Buying extra controllers for multiplayer is a given, but that's the point they get confused.

And you've lost a customer.
It's not hard to comprehend, it's that they don't want to bother comprehending it. If they wanted this headache, they'd be PC gamers.

I might be alone in wanting this on Holla Forums, but god damn it nintendo, all I've wanted for >3 years is some sort of nintendo-playpen/daycare console like a mini playpen enclosure that has screens and controllers for small hands with age-appropriate games. I'm sick of paying out the ass for daycare every month, it would be perfect if nintendo made some sort of contraption like what I described, it could even be set up with parental controls for a hatch to open every 2 hours with food or something.

Surely fisher price has stepped up to the plate in that regard

maybe they have the enclosures but i dont want to rig up multiple wii/u's in it

okay good, im glad you understand. i thought maybe they were stupid or somethin

Yeah no, wii u is more powerful than a ps3 and ps3 is still getting ports to this day, while the wii u only had like assasscreed 3 and dude sex.
Clearly "weak hardware" it's not the issue, it's "how many people are gonna buy this game on this hardware" and since no one bought a Wii U no 3rd party dev ported their games. But why no one bought a wii u? Because nintendo is shit at marketing and people didn't get that Wii U was a new console and not just a balance board-tier addon for the wii.
The same thing almost happened with the 3DS and to this day i still see people thinking that the 3DS is just a DS with 3D functionality.
So no one buys their hardware>no games are made for it>no one buys their hardware>no games are made for it>rinse and repeat.

just let the baby set it up for you theyre pretty smart

Use them on my computer with an adapter, because there's no bluetooth fuckery to put up with

Maybe if they hire an american to develop the infrastructure it'll work, but paying for the networking of a jap is ridiculous. There's a reason all their shit is local play.

You're retarded

Nice rebuttal. Show me one time japanese online play hasnt been complete garbage. I'll be waiting.

Just sell the joycons, buy a pro controller with the money, and keep it docked.

No excuse for the online though. That is really weird. I might just buy it for 1-2 months for Splatoon and ARMS and then just cancel it.

That's pretty much it. Without the paid online I'd have some grumbles but be generally happy with the console.

Because incremental hardware upgrades on consoles are fucking cancer.

How about just drop it completely for being shit and an embarrassment?

I think people would get behind this, including relevant indie devs.

op is an autist confirmed

Because it's Wii Sports-style normalfag bait and a tech demo for HD rumble if you're going to keep that. Not all the games look good (that milk one, Jesus Christ what were they thinking), but a couple of them look like something people might actually play.

how fucking hard is it to just ask the customer what they need? How can you work in retail and have no idea how to do retail?

Wii Sports was miles ahead of shit.

Solid post.

I think the Switch will be like the 3DS in terms of popularity. There already is way more hype than there was for the Wii U.

Just use any USB-AC adaptor and a cheap cable for USB-C, done.

I had people come in on christmas eve asking me "what was popular this year" because they didn't know their children at all and hadn't given gifts any thought until the last moment. People are fucking retarded, they don't know which games they're gonna buy for the system now, definitely not in the future.

I was with you til this.

yeah no

This only happened with Starfox Zero and it was mostly shitters complaining. 0/10, try again next time.

I paid 200$ for Wii U, and paid 200-300$ for 3ds.

Why should I spend 500$ on Nintendo Switch? Looks overpriced AF to me.

Mind you, I got pre-owned Wii U.

The Switch isn't $500, though.

So after a 2016 with basically no WiiU releases, the Switch is launching with…?

I prefer my design more.

People want F-Zero and Metroid? Fine. Fuck it.

SNES Classic Edition.

Sun 2 and Moon 2

I would make no other changes. All the switch really needs is for people to have the ability to plug it in to their PC and use the superior hardware they already have to seamlessly interface with Nintendo's system.

And you expect to achieve platform comonality with PC using ARM how exactly?

You want platform commonality with PC why?

Nintendo has always had gimmicks. Some Successful like the sharp corners of the NES controller that could discourage my little sister from running away to get help, and some less successful like Rob the Robot.

Even the shoulder buttons on felt gimmicky when the Super NES introduced them. All they did in mario 2 was scroll the camera a few frames after holding the button down for an amount of time that takes twice as long as it would just just run over there yourself.

Once devs stop overusing a feature like their in flowers for algernon learning to use semi-colons for the first time it evolves from a gimmick to a genuine feature. Like how every DS game made in the first year. Remember Yoshi's Touch and Go? Or Pac Mania? Remember seeing those being sold for over 30 dollars?

The Gimmicks of the Early NES were what made it stand out. But what made it successful was the fact that the rest of the console industry in america had gotten retardedly complacent… like it is now with the Tivo generation.

are you fucking stupid?

Are you dense, nigger? I already fucking told you.

Replace the dock with a usb cable that connects to your PC.

That's fucking stupid

I actually think the hardware design is pretty good. I'd just change the software.
For normalfags:
For "hardcore gaymers":

The biggest fucking complaint with the Wii U was the fucking tablet. No one wanted to hold it in their hands. It also defeats the purpose of the whole social aspect of the system. The Joy-Con's are more portable than a normal controller, allow the console to be set down on a table (hence why it has a kickstand), and each controller can be used independently for multiplayer party games like Mario Kart. The tablet, outside of battery life, is fine as far as I am concerned. The real way to fix it is to tackle the dock.

All they need to do is introduce a deluxe version of the dock that adds power to the system to support higher resolutions. That's it. They can also throw in a Blu-ray player if they really wanted to, but disc-based games and movies aren't nearly as popular as they used to be. Some other nice features that would be appreciated on this dock+ are a superior wifi antenna/ethernet port for better streaming and downloading, a high capacity storage drive with a method of fast data transmission so games could be copied over to the tablet (the dock+ would basically be a game library, and you'd be able to pick and choose what games you'd want to take with you,) and the ability to download games onto the dock+ while you're out and about using a companion app or the tablet so that as soon as you were to come home, you could start playing them.

when is some upstanding smart guy gonna fix that image?

Who the fuck taught you sales? Fuck you.
You're supposed to make a sale easier not throw a bunch of unnecessary details at him like a moron. The gamecube adapter? You seriously went into detail about the gamecube adapter made specifically for Melee elitists?

"Nintendo makes their mario multiplayer games compatable with the Wii Remote" (sell the motion plus one don't even bother mentioning the 10 year old outdated model why the fuck would you even do that?)

"Does he play non mario games?"
"Then you'll want the pro controller instead?"

Ta- fucking- da!

If he mentions original wii titiles or Nintendo Land, then bring up the nunchuck, otherwise don't overcomplicate this shit.

Western devs may be shit but they're more technically competent and have a much better idea of what people want out of online than Nintendo.

what

As I said, Taburu Modo is the only really interesting scenario that the detachable Joycons help. You can tell they designed it that way just for the Japanese, nobody outside of Japan is going to use it like that. Can't blame them since Japan is always their target audience but it seems like a waste to make the joycons their main gimmick and not the fact that it's a tablet that plays Nintendo console games.
The biggest fucking complaint with the Wii U was that it wasn't a real tablet. Nobody wanted a screen in their controller, they wanted a real tablet that they could use to take home console quality versions of Mario and Zelda anywhere. Most games didn't even support being played on the gamepad, it wasn't integrated into the system, and the range was extremely limited, so nobody bought the Wii U. The Switch is what the Wii U should have been all along, but for some reason they're trying to hype normalfags up with Wiimote wagglan games instead of focusing on the really unique feature that separates it from their past two consoles.
full retard

First, let's change the overall image. So PR is first. We promote the product as a successor to the 3DS but given the 3DS success, we push it back to September 2017 and that allows us to wind down development or at least give 3rd parties the opportunity to port. We reinforce the message that it is a handheld first that can be docked for in-home enjoyment.

From a hardware perspective, we change the battery life; 6700mAh. We introduce first charging so users can play longer without delay. To ensure backwards compatibility, the screen uses 3D technology @ 720P output. No additional apps for connectivity; we use all available WiFI bands; A/B/C/N & G. We ship stereo buds with microphone capabilities. I change nothing else.

In regards to software, we moneybag Google and make use of existing Android API and a heavily customized PlayStore. I want their games to work natively. If First and Second party are experiencing a drought, we can push PlayStore heavily. If we can't get Take Two or EA exclusively, we can sure as hell get their PlayStore ports. The X1 will run the majority, if not all, games without flaw. We remove the paywall entirely. We build the cost of online into the price of our software.

IT CUTS COSTS YOU FUCKING MORON
they would need to also package a second controller with the console if the joycons weren't detachable