3DS Game Recommendations

Managed to snag a lightly-used old 3DS off of a friend of mine for $30. Any game recommendations? Most likely going to get MHG before anything else.

Other urls found in this thread:

3ds.guide
8ch.net/v/res/11706439.html
docs.google.com/document/d/1L1xFOTpb1fDC-P4npTg5S2QQkHZrSz_c5FoEB8LewUk/edit
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's shit, skip it.

MH3U and MH4U are good. I haven't gotten it yet but Etrian Odyssey 4 looks good. Also Ever Oasis when it comes out hopefully.

homebrew it and you can download nearly every single game

All monster hunter games are the fucking same, it's not like it matters

Sadame

Get Animal Crossing: New Leaf, if you're into that type of game.
Also do this

Confirmed for knowing nothing about Monster Hunter Gimmicks.

Definitely not true, especially in the case of Gen. Get MH4U.

He's right though. It ain't japanese COD for no reason.

Except for the part where MHG is half of a game.

I played around 10 hours of each title on the 3DS and there was no difference whatsoever apart from maps and textures used for monsters

Mod it. 3ds.guide
It only takes an hour at most, and once you do it it's stable as fuck. After you do that:

You will not brick the 3DS if you follow the steps in the guide. It's stupidly hard to brick a 3DS.

Congrats, you finished MHG in this time whereas you're still quite a ways to play MH4U.

FE:Fates
Story is dumb, but it's really good gameplay-wise

Get the new pokemon game while its still hot.

Blame scalpers. They've been fucking up the used market.

Generations is fanwankery. It's got all the old stuff from the old MonHuns, and the old MonHuns were pretty shit compared to the new stuff. The graphics are washed out, the framerate is shit and the maps are convoluted. Monhun was a very experimental franchise, and a lot of it's experiments didn't turn out well.
4U brings in a couple of old things, but is much more polished. The graphics are clear, the framerate is better and it doesn't have all the annoying balance changes that Generations brought in. You can actually use the Gunlance in a fun way instead of being tripped by a shitty heat meter. You can use the Hunting Horn without obscuring everyone's vision with buff popups. It's a gigantic improvement, and it even has a proper story.

MonHun isn't for everyone though. It took me 3 tries before the concept clicked and I started having fun.

I don't know what you're trying to tell me here, I can't understand MH-autismo speak

I think it's hilarious you believe any of this isn't in the 3DS games

Generations is half of a finished game, you fuckwit. How dense are you?

So
This nonsensical rambling meant MHG wasn't finished?

Are you just pretending to be retarded now?

FE Awakening
FE Fates Conquest only
Pokemon Sun/moon
Rune factory 4
Pokemon Super mystery dungeon

3ds.guide
8ch.net/v/res/11706439.html

Theres the guide, theres the thead.

Homebrew it and have fun with its entire library you wont have to pay a cent for anymore, custom themes, extra apps and more.

Since it's a 3DS thread, how do you guys keep the buttons, screen and outside of you 3DS clean?

Also dont sweat the guide, its ridiculously easy compared to how it was 2 weeks ago.

Pay attention to the directions and it'll be over before you know it.

MH4 runs around 60FPS on a n3DS. There are dips but the dips aren't that noticeable. Gen runs at 30 at best, and dips in combat. It's jarring going from 4 to Gen.
As for maps, pics related. Ancestral Steppe is from 4U, the rest are from Gen. Pick two zones and try and find the shortest routes between them. Jurassic Frontier isn't so bad, but Verdant Hills is horrible for this. Especially since Verdant Hills is a mess of green, while the others at least have some variety.

But if you actually played the games you'd know this.

Do you know how to read?

If so, then it's literally impossible to brick your 3DS

It was a pretty clunky sentence to be fair

I used to take shorts breaks from playing my 3ds to scratch my ass, pick my nose, etc so before i let him borrow it for a while i cleaned it with rubbing alcohol so it could kill all the germs and whatnot.

Thank god it's that easy. The main thing I'm concerned about is getting the oils from my thumbs off the buttons.

Newest guide

Monster Hunter III (very cheap to get, around $15 or so)
Monster Hunter IV
Monster Hunter Generations
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse
Shin Megami Tensei Soul Hackers
Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor: Overclocked
Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor II: Record Breaker
Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan
Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl
Etrian Mystery Dungeon
Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight
LBX
Project X Zone
Project X Zone 2
Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon
Super Mario 3D Land
Super Smash Bros
Pokemon Y/X
Pokemon Sun/Moon
Mario Kart 7
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
The Legend of Zelda: Majors' Mask 3D
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
7th Dragon
Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam
Mario and Luigi: Dream Team
Resident Evil: Revelations
Code Name; STEAM
Bravely Default
Bravely Default II
Fire Emblem Fates
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Tales of the Abyss
Ultimate NES Remix
Dragon Quest VII
Dragon Quest VIII
Star Fox 64 3DS

Kokuga and Code of Princess. Everything else is SHIT.

Follow the guide m8. Follow every step without fail, and if something doesn't work, go back and fix it. Your system will be able to pirate shit afterwards.

It runs like shit, and that doesn't matter, it's still goodassuming you like dynasty warriors, if you don't, avoid this game like the plague, and the way the game was already structured suits mobile gaming ==SO WELL!==

Wild world had the right ideas, but the DS d-pad and limited hardware held back what could have been great. In current year though, we got a circle pad, daily content, hardware head and shoulders above the previous handheld platform, and villagers that actually give you shit to do! sometimes

Okay man, I just like kirby…
They're great, ok, just like… take my word for it.

JOIN THE UNENDING SHITPOSTS GOY!
docs.google.com/document/d/1L1xFOTpb1fDC-P4npTg5S2QQkHZrSz_c5FoEB8LewUk/edit

I really wouldn't recommend those Pokemon games, and even then I'd recommend ORAS for move tutors and access to more mons than XY.

Slow as fuck game, but it's got a lot of fanservice in terms of crossovers and recognitions.

Everything else seems pretty self-evident though I also personally didn't like SMTIV, despite a lot of quality of life upgrades and I'm not even bothered by smirking, despite it being broken as fuck. I'd add Persona Q since it's basically another decent Etrian Odyssey game and it's even better if you actually know the Persona characters. Totally playable without knowing anything, though.

In addition to this list, I'd say Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon is worth a play and Ace Attorney 5 and 6 are worth at least one playthrough, though 6 is way better than 5. I'm having a hard time thinking of other games to recommend, even though I know that's not the full list.

This list is okay. I don't think I'd remove anything as far as it goes since this should be treated as "Do I like this genre? Maybe I should try this game." more than "Every 3DS owner should play this".

Which Mystery Dungeon game on 3DS is the best? I know there's a few Pokemon ones now, and the Etrian spinoff too.

I tried one of the PSP monster hunter games.

I ran around a giant empty snowfield and occasionally fought a mosquito. Then my time ran out and I failed because I didn't find all the mosquitoes on the gigantic map.

I didn't play any more.

The Ace Attorney games are pretty fun as well

Scalpers can get fucked. I only just bought a n3ds yesterday from my local used game store after looking around for one for 3+ weeks. Granted, I was stupid for looking after Christmas, but holy shit there wasn't a single one for less than/equal to retail price in my entire state

I've always wanted to get into that. Which game would be the best starting point?

I remember a few anons saying super mystery dungeon is good while the other one is shit.

Try SMD first just to be safe.

hack it you retarded faggot

soundhax is out

Play them in release order. The only one that doesn't have a release on 3DS is Apollo Justice.

The first three games got a 3DS rerelease in one game, Ace Attorney Trilogy.