The Dorfs

Has anyone who has played this tell me if it's shit or not?

I haven't played it but I know that it's based on a book. Take from that what you will.

Starts strong but fizzles out midgame, comfy ending. Also we have a dedicated anti-book autist so prepare for shitposting.

It's alright worth a pirate at least.

How can anyone be against books?

He's probably an elf sympathizer

Because books belong on /lit/ or somewhere else

Gotta be better than We Are The Dwarves.

We have better things to do than to shitpost in shitty threads about cave jews.

I am sure Elves don't go in caves but whatever.

Getting sick of this shit.

To be fair it's not like you don't have some fifty odd general cirklejerks to retreat to, and threads like this are valuable recommending resource. I mean if the game sucks someone is likely to suggest an alternative and if it doesn't suck you can yell shill and still be amused.

OP doesn't describe what he's looking for, he just posts the game and expects discussion to generate on its own. This is assuming that every post bumping the thread isn't also OP. It is a shit thread that will produce nothing but shit posts. It is a great example of what not to do when starting a new thread.

Hell user, you're really going all out. The guy asked whether the game is any good, and it's not even one of those bait games, either.

The only thing that results in shitty threads is one-liner shitters who try to ruin a thread before it even starts

also i heard the dwarves is meh, take that for what you will

In other words, OP.

More like

Go back to your splatoon and wow threads, faggot

Never heard of this game, but curious.

Strategy? Or dorf-like?

Oh christ, I don't think there's a clunkier modern game than that. I don't know what the hell they were thinking with that game, the damned tutorial was the hardest part of the game.
I haven't played The Dwarves yet but they had gotten Blind Guardian to do a song for it, which is nice.

Its fucking shit
There are better games available if you want to waste your time.

Google's a thing but your digits compel me. It's a very linear action crpg with an underutilized world map and some dwarves, fuck yeah moments. Also the second half of the game feels wrapped up and rushed.

Unlike spoonfeeding trivial shit, shitbait at least often provides a laugh or two. Of course, they're both full blown cancer when 80%+ of your average thread is either listen and believe or dedicated and uncalled for shitposting.

webm unrelated.

You're right, let's all talk about well marketed AAAs only.

The "standard" RPG elements, in particular the leveling and items, are EXTREMELY limited. You can equip a total of ONE item to each character which provides a temporary activatable buff, and you can choose between at most 2 different skills every couple of levels. Some levels don't even give you any choice at all and you only get about 5 skills per character and can only equip 3 at a time.

Combat is realtime with pause and pretty much devolves into cycling through each character's AOE abilities as they come off cooldown.

The part of the game that could actually be considered good is on the map. Map travel is somewhat reminiscent of Crusader Kings 2. There are various text encounters that provide you with a number of choices, some of which may benefit you later in the game, and you always feel the need to budget both your time (some side events are time-sensitive) and especially your supplies (you use supplies for every day you travel, and they can be very hard to replace).

The story is pretty predictable. You get called to the dwarf kingdom then you set out to create (because dwarves make things instead of just finding them) an artifact to fight evil, visiting all the other dwarf kingdoms in the process. People die along the way and then in the end it turns out that you were actually the only one who could wield the artifact in the first place.

In general, I would say that the game is pretty bad, BUT at least they tried. Here we seem to have a publisher/developer who wants to make good games with both new and old IPs and build up a dedicated fanbase. They don't want to push DLC or DRM or SJWism or anything like that. The only problem is they just don't know how to make good games.

How exactly? I'd somewhat understand if you said RTK since muh node connections and similar art style, but CK2?

Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong game? I only tried the one I'm thinking of for a grand total of like 10 minutes.

Anyway point is you move from point to point and you get little text adventure segments that don't necessarily end in combat maps.

meant to link

Sounds like the story from the book, which was a bit weak in my opinion.
The later books get better, though.

And you should give it another chance. Sure it's paradox tier shallow but it offers some nice and autistically comfy gameplay once you get into it.

Yeah, THQ Nordic are fixing up old IP to HD for free and building up a fanbase, Im waiting for a Nexus 2 game.

Yeah totally the wrong game. The one that I am thinking of is an RPG Grand strategy hybrid-type game and I cannot remember the title. Forget I said anything about it.

I don't suppose you meant related?