Ash vs Evil Dead is BAAAAACCCCKKKKK

Feels good, nice start of season 3, too bad that Ellie Gall, who plays the lead in Stargate Origins, had such a small role.

That seems really unexciting.

yes it is a really good start of the third season;)

I don't understand this show's fascination with Ash as an aging teenage party animal. He was never implied to be anything like that in the original films. He was a nerd in the first film, and then he was kind of a Chad in the second, and then he was an exasperated asshole buffoon in the third.

Speaking of, which movie timeline are they following for the show?

It's to be assumed that all three movies happened (thought they can't reference AoD directly), and you should try to ignore any contradictions.

but that doesn't make any sense
each sequel was a remake of the previous installment

Why isn't Ash black?

Is this show worth watching at all if you liked the movies?

this shit seems like pure reddit

I watched a few episodes. It's nothing like any of the movies. There are some (some) funny jokes, but zero horror or suspense and there was some god awful CGI in there too.

If you take everything in Evil Dead 2 up until Ash gets possessed (like the end of Evil Dead 1) as a slimmed down recap, it kind of works.

Wrong on all accounts.

wow great argument ya got there. let's see

I'm not going to debate with a Holla Forumsard contrarian, you are simply wrong and that is enough said.

*a few of the jokes that ash has are alright
I'm tired

Why doesn't Sam Raimi just make another fucking movie then? I understand why he wasn't when he was making Spider-Man money, but he's officially a hasbeen now as far as Hollywood is concerned so there's no excuse.

Army of Darkness was pretty much a straight comedy.

Evil Dead 2013 was good because it ditched the comedy shit and was a straight-up horror movie

It was a good remake of Evil Dead 1, but hardly anyone's favourite Evil Dead is 1.

It wasn't a remake at all.

meant for

the second season kind of established that the trauma of the first movie plus then being ostracized by his home town and even his own father after he returned, left him a broken stunted man-child in terms of emotional development. Basically he acts like a 50 year old teenage douchebag because being 17 was the last time his world still made any sense. And going pure Id is the only thing keeping him vaguely sane

Stan Against Evil is basically the same show and it's managed to keep going

Best start in an The Evil Dead: The Series season 3 tbqh.

He doesn't act like himself at 17, which is weird though. Ash was a dork in the first film. Maybe I shouldn't be expecting Constancy from a character who was never very consistent.

I don't understand what everyone likes about this show. Some of the special effects are good the writing sucks.

That's every Evil Dead movie.

All the Evil Dead movies had a sense of pace, but this show is just a schizophrenic jumble of flashing images. I don't understand why this show needed to exist in the first place. The guy who directed Evil Dead 2013 should have been given the go ahead to do Evil Dead 2.

He's still a dork. But now he's more of a Johnny Bravo type dork.

Bruce Campbell is playing a parody of Ash, and not Ash himself. The jew chick is a sarcastic bitch who can never be wrong, and can never fail. Lucy Lawless, while not doing a terrible job, is completely pointless in this show, and may as well not exist. They killed Ted Raimi's character. Puerto Rican guy exists only to show how stupid men are, and how the jew chick is better than everyone. The blatant anti-gun commentary in one of the episodes took priority over the plot, and that entire episode existed to say that southern whites are dumb as hell and that guns are bad, except when the jew chick uses them because girl jew power or some shit. Now they're pushing for a third season? Is anybody even watching this show at this point?

This stupid explanation needs to die. 2 picks up right where 1 left off with Ash(ley) in the forest possessed, and 3 picks up right where 2 left off with Ash being sucked back in time. There are no remakes.

yeah Lucy Lawless really feels out of place and probably should have been left out of this season all together. First they said she was a relative of the family that owned the cabin and was tracking Ash down because she belived he summoned the demons and murdered her family, which was a decent enough idea . Then twist! She's an immortal necromancer that wants to bring demons into the world and cause hell on earth, and ash makes a deal with her that seemingly means the apocalypse has started. Oh no wait, the world's still mostly fine, she just conjured up some lame shadow zombie monster people and off screen they betrayed her and now she wants Ash's help to stop the apocalypse and was an interesting addition to the group dynamics for the season. Then time travel happens and her past self kills her, so she's evil again and now shes gives birth to yet another evil monster for vague reasons.