GOTY

Did 8/v/ come up with a list or GOTY for 2016?

There's no other competition.

Squenix came up with a new recipe for final fantasy. I hate myself.

-Shadow Tactics
-Grim Dawn
-Shadow Warrior 2
-Starjew Valley
-Grim Dawn
-Total War Warhammer
-EDF 4.1
-KoF XIV
-Blue Revolver
-Dragons Dogma
-XCOM2
-Localizations from Xanadu Next to Rance
-Liru
My personal list

Go eat a noodle cup

Huh

Playing them without hardware restrictions is worth the mention.

Forgot Rabi Ribi

Let It Die is my GOTY, no contest. Considering that 2016 was full of disappointments, I don't have other nominations.

Ys: Lacrimosa of Dana

Fuckoff Todd

No

And a new recipe for cup noodles

Persona 5

The fuck is with you people and RabiRibi? By objective merits it's not a very good game. It has shit graphics from basic sprites to backgrounds, nearly placeholder dialogue and the combat is yanky at best.

It's fun and has cute girls.

Describe how it's fun?

So if i maken awfully average game but i put anime girls with half exposed tits on it then it will be Holla Forumss GOTY?

I hope you're not asking this sincerely, you already know the answer.

>>>/a/

If the combat were fun, sure. But it's slow, unresponsive and drab. Add that to the most bland sprites and MSPaint backgrounds and it's not a good look.

Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight
DOOM
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero

I bought it and then got a refund after playing it for an hour.

Yes

The music is good. The platforming and exploring the world is enjoyable. The bosses are mostly exciting. The dialog is nothing special but is silly and cute. It's just a fun game all around, not my GOTY though.

Yes.

Momodora is fantastic.

I might be willing to give skyrim a 2016 nod for the Enderal mod… which ironically can't run on the special edition version of Skyrim.

Actually play the game faggot

Forgot about Furi

Shantae

Nice
Fuckoff Todd

Fuck off faggot.
Rabi Ribi is great.

I really liked Deadbolt and still replay it every once in a while

Rabi Ribi is a fun game but goddamn the characters are garbage. Also it took me way too long to realize lab outfit chick isn't wearing any pants

KoF XIV was my game of the year

Kirby: Planet Robobot and Dark Souls III

So any game's attributes should only be viewed through how it's speedrun? Jesus.

I didn't even play enough games this year to make a list.

How can they be garbage when i want to eat their cunny and drink their pee like it's apple juice, straight into my throat?

Banner Saga 2
Darkest Dungeon
Dark Souls 3
Doosy Sex: SJWkind Divided
Momodora

My personal list. This was not a hype year for good vidya, but some very good games still came out. You gotta play it by ear and enjoy the gems as you stumble upon them; they're not glimmering across the horizon like when we were children.

Rabi Ribi is one the games where he higher difficulties correlate into more enjoyment.
Get out casualshit

Lurk more

It's "moar" you fuck

I don't think any worth while games came out in 2016. Liru doesn't count because it's not a game it's just an interactive waifu simulator.

As important as the "I want to force myself upon her, fuck her doggystyle for days and make her bear my children" facet is, the rest of it just ruins it for me. I get that they were going with just making the characters cute and calling it a day but when everyone is cute then no one is.

You could argue that for actually good games, like DMC, but not this one.

Mispelling more isn't funny

I see the shills are in full blast today.

Since people are listing what would be considered "passable" before, I'm guessing there is nothing.

Fuckoff weebshit
>>>/a/

>>>Holla Forums

You do know what GOTY means, right?

Stop equating western to triple ayy you fucking weeb faggot

I'd say Redout or EDF 4.1 (PC version), but it's because the only game from 2016 I played besides them is Hotline Miami 2.

Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

HM2 is from march 2015

Blood and Wine is good, but you can't list an expansion pack for GOTY. it's not a fucking game.

that would be correct. there might be one least stinky piece of shit that wins the title, that doesn't mean that it's worth playing.

Wasn't that bad a year. Hell, all the games I mentioned are pretty flawed, but still worth your while. I just spent the year playing older shit, dicking around with gmod, and playing Dorf Fort, I had a pretty good time.

>>>/leftyweebpol/

WEW LAD

Looks like I touched a nerve. I can't think of any western game that is remotely an enjoyable experience whether it be old or new. Now I have to pretend that in an era where quality has dropped dramatically that there are any good western games coming out? Get real

Face it, the east has always been better at making games than the west, if japan wanted to blow Doom out of the water they could have (they don't largely because fps is a garbage genre). This is more than likely due to the high rates of intelligence that asians possess.

That's even worse then. I only played EDF and Redout. Shit!

While I agree that the west, indie or AAA, haven't released a single noteworthy games for the past decade you're just pushing it now.

Alright, Mr. Weeb. I disagree on your stance about western games, but I did want to get into nip games, so please, seeing as you claim to know a lot about the topic, recommend some good Nip PC games.

If you recommend some grind-based JRPGs like Neptunia, I'll tell you to go eat shit, though

BAIT, TARS, BAIT!

Can you list any recent western games that's impressive and not pozzed?

Gee, that's a really good idea there my mane. And what are you looking for; genre and can you into moon?

user you have to keep it subtle, now everyone can tell it's bait. Better luck next time though!

-Arma 3
-Witcher 3
-Shadow Warrior 2
-Total War Warhammer
Now give me non shit japanese games released in the West that don't need fanservice to drive sales.
Fuckoff back to >>>/SomethingAwfuk/ goon.

What do you consider "recent"? I liked Battlefleet Gothic, Age of Decadence, Witcher 3, Age of Wonders 3… I can't name any more from the top of my head, but I'm sure there were more.

RPG, GSG, or VN (but the VN better be god-tier). If the game contains excessive grinding, then it's immediately dropped

I know that "kawaii" means "cute" and that's about the extent of my knowledge

Good job listing the shittiest games you can think of. Now can you offer better games?

I think it is you who needs to go back, reddit.

Nobunagas Ambition Risshiden and Romance XI are fairly good for a beginner.

Tried some of the classics like Galaxy Angels, Duel Saviour and Little Witch? Tale of Wuxia is pretty comfy if technically chink.

Something about this game rubs me the wrong way. It feels too much like civilization for me. Used to be that cities didn't have impenetrable barriers around them unless you were at war. Resources needed to be capped and you could have a resource on the other side of the map if you guarded it well. When I wanted a unit I would get a unit instead of 5 small weak faggots who act as one unit.

Can't say anything about arma but Witcher 3 was decent but still doesn't hold up against 1. total wawa is only hated because none of you fags can play it right now. The publishers are jews but the game is ok. Hating a game because of views is SJW territory.

Already tried those

Never tried those, I'll give them a look. Thanks

To me it felt like a Civ/heroes hybrid, but a good one. Just wish the campaigns had a better story

No. It's hated for being a shit game.

Back to >>>/cuckchan/

See

Fuckoff back to wherever you came from you weebshit plebs.
Here have some more
-Wargame
-Cossacks 3
-Dungeon Rats
-Rimworld
-Prison Simulator
-Project Reality
-Insurgency
-Planet Coaster
Kill yourself Fatlus cockgobbler go be quirky and boring somewhere else, like Tumblr

It is you who should leave >>>/cuckchan/

Elaborate or fuckoff

Didn't take long to unravel the newfaggotry already.

Post your shit taste user, I wish to laugh
you'll just keep shitposting like a retard though

Too bad
They're good games on their own, tell me why thats not the case.

Here.

There's also that line about womyn or some shit and Geralt basically references ITS CURRENT YEAR

I'm sorry I don't know about the latest GamerGate drama user, If I want avatarfagging, sameposting and shitposting I go to the 4AM thread.

You can stop downboating cuck, this ain't reddit.

It's like you're not even trying.

Fucking bitches left and right and with ambiguous decisions when you kill degenerates and rapefugees isn't enough I guess.
Go play Moonman Doom, that will be the only game that will pander to your kind.
I'll be sure to hang you as well with the niggers and mudslimes when the day of the rope comes you cuckchan crossposting nigger, tell Iamkamfty that his hugbox is shit.
Back to >>>/cuckchan/ with you

Sure thing, the only beneficial thing that cancerous thread has is notifying people on a daily basis and drawfags contributing.
Everything else is pure cancer.

Since you're pretty new here let me give you a hint: you know how games that's only good for panties and tits? Same goes for ANDRACISM where the plot is nonexistent so is the gameplay which can be easily played on death march. Now go back to wherever you came from faggot.

Hey, if I managed to do some good in a thread as shit as this that's an accomplishment in itself.

Yeah, figured as much. Moon's kinda mandatory if you're looking for some of the really interesting stuff out there.

Post again when you've mastered the English language

You forgot to post Holla Forums related images to fit in, Mr Redditor :^)

Holla Forums can't agree on anything except SJWs needing to be gassed. A goy of the year award isn't going to change anything either because my tastes are superior.

Since Dragon's Dogma was technically 2012, there isn't a single good game from 2016. Every single one was shit, just like 2015.

True. But OP was asking for the best of the crap 2016 shat out.

Well if he's looking for the shiniest turd, Half Finished Hero probably.

Did you play it? Because I assume ou didn't since it can't be pirated. It finally removed the 1 v 1 battles that everyone hated so it's an improvement from the shit that they've released in recent years.

The biggest thing in 2016?

Easy, it's *muh dick*

Sorry I'm not familiar with your local cuckchan e-celebs

You have to go back >>>/cuckchan/

No mans sky for worst of the year for sure

c'mon guys…

I dread to ask what games do you consider excellent if rabi ribi is shit

Casual detected

Hi casuals.

rabi ribi has a style meter so there's that

>>>/reddit/

frame of reference

Yes, reddit is a place that loves casual games like DOOD and Overcuck. You should go back there.

LOL

Yes, it is absolutely a casual piece of shit that faggots like you deserve. Now fuck off to reddit with your garbage taste.

>>>/suicide/

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting
Fuckoff.

You're all shit taste niggers

There, just the first 5 good games of 2016 I could think of. Really good games in fact

Mirror's Edge Catalyst and Stardew Valley were the only 2016 games I've played. Both were p good but Stardew Valley is way better.

No wonder you like it

I regret saying this, but probably grim dawn or stardew valley. 2016 hasn't really been good for games.

Alternatively, Rabi Ribi for weebs, or Pokemon for Nintendrones.

Overrated and overhyped. The writers were ultra liberal before they realised they were cucks (bonus because they are Germans) then they went straight in the opposite way and then went into nihilism because they were trash and have their world literally committed suicide (burned down the entire set, no more future games).

A bloody shame because they did raised several good points in life and philosophy in general in both Nehrim and Enderal through dialogues and story, showing that they at least have decent head on their shoulder that just got overtaken by politics. This is why I think politics should fucking stay in its containment area in real life (congress, parliament, etc.) and on the internet on its containment board.

Well played,

Literally the only good 2016 and also one of the best games ever made.

Assuming this isn't bait, DS1 was better.

It wasn't? It's shallow and clunky compared to DS3, which was an improvement in any single way, except maybe for music.

It was longer, didn't rely on nudge wink refences to previous titles, had poise had better build variety, made it so you couldn't roll spam your way to victory, made invading worth a damn, and had more characters, with better personalities.

The only good I can see for this game is it's the last "Souls-Bourne" game we'll ever see for maybe awhile, and Vaati that gigantic faggot is throwing a hissyfit about it.

Who?

It really wasn't. Sheer amount of back tracking you might need to do can inflate play time, but you're just running past and forth before unlocking warp feature.
In DS3 you don't need to run around like an idiot since you can warp from get go.

What are you talking about? Lore/story nonsense? I don't care, I play games for gameplay. If you're saying that DS3 just copy pastes DS1 in this aspect I won't even argue.

And I'm glad they removed it.

Whatever that means? DS3 has as much weapons, spells and tools at your disposal, if not more. Fightclubs are always filled with all kinds of jojo and anime cosplayets actually fighting like shit they're trying to mimic.

But you could?

That's a straightforward griefeng mechanic and I'm glad that if I'm soloing, no fucking twink or cheater will come over to ruin my day.

I don't think I remember any characters from either game that aren't bosses. And I'd say that DS3 bosses are just as momorable as DS1 ones.

It was longer, even if you base it on the amount of bosses, or areas. Had better build variety in terms of having a more diverse meta, rather than just being a katana fag and that's the end of it. You couldn't roll spam nearly as hard, it took way more stamina, and having to take your armor off really mattered, where as in 3 the actual defense stats of your armor barely matters. If you didn't want to be invaded don't unhollow, simple as that. And last your last point is just like, your opinion man. I will agree it was my GOTY 2016, but it isn't the greatest game ever made, let alone the best in its series.

But DS3 has more areas. DS1 had a lot of bosses-turned-normal-mobs-later enemies, like Capra Demon or Taurus. Do you really want to count them as actual boss fight?
DS3 only has deacons that are like that.

What does that even mean? As I said you cand do more interesting and not-straightforward things in DS3 than in DS1. Katanas being overpowered pieces of shit didn't change from 1 to 3. Thinking otherwise means you're delusional.
Cheeseing everyinth with washing poles is just as easy in 1 as in 3.

Once againg this is false. If anything rolling was more powerful in 1 because it covered larger distances and had more invul frames. You absolutely can rollspam in DS1.

Same as 1? They only real difference heavy armor in DS1 makes is poise. Defense wise it's just as useless as in 3.

What if I don't want to look like zombie in my single playe game with elaborate character creator? Invasions are shit. Wanna PvP - go fightclub or play actual competitive game.

Play offline? I mean they give you the option.

They don't in DS1 I think.

launch steam in offline mode

Going from medium starter gear to max defense in DS1 can cut over half the damage off attacks. In dark 3, it cuts ~2% because they cap damage absorption at 25ish%

nigga u wat
I don't have the framedata on hand but DS3 has more iframes on rolls by a pretty significant amount. The standard midroll in 3 has I think it was 1 more iframe than the ninjaflip in 1. I don't know the precise data on the ninjaflip in 3 (it exists but isn't used) but its iframes and distance covered are completely fucking insane and I'm not looking forward to when the DLC implements it.

3's lightroll has more iframes than anything else in the entire series (so far).

In DeS and DaS1&2, going for certain builds or certain weapons would have benefits and downsides compared to going for other things. For instance, in DaS 1, if you chose to use the halberd, you would have a strong weapon with a versatile moveset and decent speed that punished you very heavily for whiffing any attack, but if you went with the estoc, you'd have a fast but not so hard hitting weapon you could safely spam and you could shieldpoke with. Neither is objectively better than the other for PvE, but both lend themselves to different playstyles.

In 3 all weapons are fundamentally used the same way and you're crippling yourself if you aren't using a straightsword. Sorcery and miracles are absolute trash and if you're trying to use dark magic that isn't the dark pyromancies you're an idiot. Hybrid builds don't exist and going either refined or raw is the mathematically correct choice in nearly every single circumstance.

You have no idea what invasions are about. It's not about the pvp. It's not about HONARABU DUURUU, they're about trolling as hard as fucking possible. You'll have a bad time if you can't into countertrolling.
Note: never said they were good, just that they're not about pvp

DaS3 does not have more areas. DaSI has
That's 16 areas, compared to DaSIII's
10 areas. also, it's possible to play DaSI offline by either remaining hollow or simply starting in offline mode. Another thing, rolling is a hell of a lot more efficient in DaSIII because it doesn't consume nearly as much stamina and stamina recovery is generally faster. In DaSI, there were only three bosses that became normal enemies; Taurus Demon, Capra Demon, and Pinwheel. I don't include the Sanctuary Guardian because he's a one time boss that is optional and who only appears in the boss room in which you originally fought him. Anyway, even if there were more bosses that became normal enemy types, why is this such a bad thing? Speaking of build variety, DaSI and III both have a large number of weapons to choose from and a lot of them are plain garbage. Build variety hasn't exactly been DaS's strong point, but in DaSIII you can't even build a damn tank character who can poise through enemy battering like nothing. What's your problem with poise? Poise wasn't some magic bullet that could make an inexperienced player into an instant expert, nor did it provide some incredible advantage to those who stack it. It was merely a tool that could be used to trade speed for durability. Now, you have to play light and fast or you'll get stunlocked into oblivion by enemies that don't follow the same rules as you or by other players who will roll circles around your greatsword-wielding-ass. Oh yeah, and you're a shit if you think that removing invasions somehow makes the game a better overall experience. It doesn't.

to be fair neither 1 nor 3 has anywhere near the variety of 2, and if you doubt me on that i show you the fucking bullshit that is mundane broken sword

No, I don't doubt it. I haven't taken the time to fully screw around with DaSII's weapons, but the simple fact that you can use a lot of them in a two handed stance alone adds a huge amount of variety to the overall experience. There are plenty of problems with II, but weapon variety wasn't one of them.

Too much bullshit to adress it all.
Basically you're arbitrary grouping areas from DS3 while similary close areas in DS1 are separate in your list, as well as DS3 not having unfinished shit like lost izalith.

As for bosses DS3 has big one-off enemies too, that aren't listed as separate bosses, but might as well be like Stone Demons or irithyll outriders.

Problem with poise is that it turned both invasions and some boss fights in straigh up DPS race without paying attention to what your enemies actually do. Hence giantdad meme and standard 4kings tactic, but it applies to the rest of the game.
In DS3 you must always watch your enemy and know what you're doing instead of swinging mindlessly.

LITTLE KNOWN AND BARELY IMPLEMENTED FACT: Using two weapons outside of powerstance technically gives you access to extra moves. Using an l1 attack from a lefthand weapon and then the r1 attack on the blue flame gives you a completely different r1 attack on the blue flame than just using the normal r1. There's only a handful of weapons that behave like that, but there's a gigantic and complex system in place to allow for very situational movesets within weapons where going r1->r2 would produce a different r2 than going l1->r2 which is also different from just using r2. like 90% of it is impossible to trigger or triggers identical attacks.

There's something similar in place for spells that's also unimplemented, and it would have turned each spell into a complete moveset similar to farron flashsword.

DS2 is MASSIVELY unfinished, but did a way better job hiding it.

Too bad the game itself is shit and not worth playing.
I missed stance system in DS3, not gonna lie about it.

No, I'm not. Even if you split Lothric Castle, Grand Archives, Smouldering Lake, Demon Ruins, Irythyll Dungeon, Profaned Capital, and the three Firelink Shrines, that only bumps DaSIII's areas to 14. DaSI still has more, albeit by a small margin.
So fucking what? What's your point? You said earlier that DaSI
Yeah, I fucking do want to count the bosses as boss fights. DaSI had 24 boss fights. DaSIII has 20ish, I don't remember the exact number, and that's including the Ariandel DLC. Also, you forgot the second Crystal Sage in the Grand Archives.
No, it didn't. Poise didn't make you immune from taking damage, and it severely reduced your speed, even with Havel's Ring and the Ring of Favor and Protection. Of course, it used to be that you could use the Dark Wood Grain Ring to cartwheel around in full Havel's gear, but that's no longer the case. Don't be disingenuous. Poise is merely for those who wish to use larger and slower weapons like the Demon's Greataxe and the standard Greatsword. If you stack poise and you don't watch for openings manage your spacing, you will die.
well, you got me there. there are faggots who do that, but even with the added stability, they're not invulnerable. git gud, faggot.
Or you could hide behind a shield until they're done with their floundering, then R1 spam them to death and repeat ad infinitum.

i agree, 3 IS shit and not worth playing

See, there's your mistake. Enemies in 3 do not have stamina. They can attack for literally forever if they feel like it. It's entirely RNG.

pls

You get the hornet ring, you wait for your opponent to attack, and then you poise through it at backstab them for all of their hp. That is how you use poise.

of course if you're not using an estoc and a heavy shield in dark 1 pvp you're wrong

I never knew about the alternative spell castings. Do they actually work?

While you're right, it's also true that they have spaces in between their attacks in which they don't do anything for any given period of time. It's not exactly a lack of stamina, but more like they're just programmed to be idle for a certain amount of time

Maybe that works on new players, but nobody is going to fall for that shit. There are things you can do to bait people to see how they're going to play. Experienced players will know just by looking at you and your weapon what your intended strategy is, and they'll at least be able to think of ways to try and prevent you from curb stomping them. If I invade someone with full Havel gear and a thrusting weapon, then I know they're faggots who want to backstab fish, so I'll play dirty too. Run into a crowd of enemies, learn spots in the environment where you can take them by surprise, use spells combinations that are nearly instant and incredibly powerful, like WotGs + Power Within, carry an abundance of Humanity, and use toxic + poison from a distance.

Yep. 100% implemented but all move on the spell movesets have the same data. r1/r2/rolling/running/2h versions have the same animation/speed/recovery/stamina use/etc

Whenever I find the rules for the spell tool's available spells, though, it would allow for different animations within the same spells, so that the blue flame could use a sorcery-style animation to cast pyromancies.

Not always and it's rarely large enough to be useful. Notseath can arbitrarily decide to make his fight impossible by using the instant charge a dozen times in a row and comboing you to death.

This wasn't a thing previously because stamina.

MAN THAT'S A WHOLE LOTTA FUCKIN' WORDS TO SAY 'BACKSTAB OR SHIELDPOKE WITH THE ESTOC AND THE EAGLE SHIELD' BECAUSE THAT'S THE OBJECTIVELY CORRECT WAY TO PVP

What are you gay?

It has bad gameplay.

your face has bad gameplay

I mean I can appreciate low poly poorly textured boobs too, but if gameplay is bad - it's a bad video game.

YOUR FACE IS A BAD VIDEOGAME

Nigger

I enjoyed a lot of things this year, but Xanadu Next and Pharaoh Rebirth+ were my most enjoyed. The only thing bad I have to say about Pharaoh Rebirth is that dash is jump+attack and it cannot be rebound, and that map is double tap up and it also cannot be rebound. Also 90% of the items you get are worthless and only serve for 100% completion and the secret boss. I have no idea why.
Andre>>Jonathan
Prove me wrong

Tell me about Xanadu Next. Does gear properly reflect on character's model?

Really only games i have enjoyed this year and i dont think Guilty Gear counts. OverEasyWatch gave me cerebral palsy

Its Xanadu so yes

Yes. Unlike felghana every single piece of your gear is reflected at once instead of only showing once you have a full "set". As for the game itself the music is lovely and the gameplay is fairly challenging and I found it myself switching in and out of spells, skills and passives to spice up the game. My only problem is that besides the secret dungeon the game's bosses are fairly easy(especially the final boss who goes down in two dragon strikes) and also Agness(or Ayness or whatever her name is supposed to be) I wish she was more of a character. All she is is a vendor to sell you special items and unfortunately her characterization is neat if it were explored more.

Interested. I'm kinda tired of indie jap arpgs not displaying your equiplment on player mode.

GOAT

All years