Best Games in Franchise

Post the best game in their franchise

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!zFUDnTAb!-sBiCGFL6L9rdZEGXvuRFdW1fm2FLItxmU4V8pCP-NI
mega.nz/#!bQNyzZYL!OHXis3SXr-Rj3aknOGyoUSjkG03Pu97u7KIPJs-l4_4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nice bait thread

That's not Underground 2. Or Hot Pursuit.

Pics related though.

You're right on the Witcher though

So, can you explain why you like the first witcher game the most or are you just being a hipster? :^)

Oh boy this thread is already off to a fantastic start

Gothic 2 is far superior to 3.
W3 is the best Witcher, Holla Forums only hates it because it's new.
MGR isn't a series.
NFS is a dead series and no one cares.
This post has repeating digits in it.

Real rpg gameplay, nice story, lovely crafted, no cutscene every 5 minutes.

Care to elaborate?
Something that is disabled by default?
Care to name a few?

Duke Nukem 3D
Dead Rising 1
Saints Row 2
Wind Waker
Final Fantasy 5
REmake
Sonic CD
Yakuza 5
Killzone Mercenary
Halo 3 ODST
DOOM 1
AssCreed 2

Best Street Fighter

Real rock-paper-scissors gameplay*

FTFY

Reminder we're possibly getting Garuda for SFV but we're still not getting anyone from the EX games in anything, and even if they showed up it's not like SFV is in any good shape.

I hope we get a remake of Yakuza 2 like how we got one for the first game, Ryuji will always be the best antagonist in my opinion

Why P2:EP and not P2:IS?

I love this fucking game.

It must be considering every mobage uses it.

I think they said they had plans to remake games like Yakuza 3 eventually so I wont be shocked if a remake of Y2 comes out. I just hope it plays more like Kiwami and 0 instead of the dull combat 6 has.

I played through 4 and loved every second.

I started 5 and a severe lack of missiles as well as the ugliest fucking CG movies with shitty fucking voice acting made me stop after a 5 missions.

Does it get better?

EP has a better cast and story. IS is fun what with Robo-Nazis and Fun Time Hitler, but EP take everything it does and ties it up into a story about adulthood and taking responsibility, which is something the series has not done since, with their focus on High School settings.

Have you played the demo for 6 yet? It doesn't seem dull to me so much as them wanting to push larger enemy numbers (kind of like the musou games, which I guess is kinda bad if you're not into that), boss fights still seem pretty alright.

It supposedly gets good enough that it's a LOT of people's favorites, you ought to come back to it after a while so you can try again with a fresh mindset.

Wasn't 5 KIND of about that? I mean they just can't fucking ditch the retarded high school and teens bonding gimmicks that persona 3 set down, but at least 5 seemed a little bit more adult to me.

which one Holla Forums?

Guess, I'll just keep it on hold then and come back when the itch strikes.

Whats the best way to play Persona 1 and 2? PSX versions or PSP?

2 if I want a more classic Resi game, 3 if I want to make tons of ammo and rain death upon a bioweapon with grenade launcher ammo of 50 different types. tbh I'm still traumatized of Nemesis

I mean if you JUST want some airplane shooty-tooty then there's shit like War Thunder or the PS1 Ace Combat games, also 0 if you haven't played that yet.

I personally prefer the third, but the second is objectively the best one.

3 has the most content, but 2 had better level design and best armor.

Are you pulling my hair here? DKC2 and 3 have a complete overhaul of mechanics and level design over DKC1.

I don't like Diddy and Dixie.

I downloaded the demo for 6 on PS4. It looks beautiful but the combat just doesnt feel as responsive as 5s combat. Plus there are some annoying choices in the game like needing to push a button to run and a stamina meter on top of that, it feels like its probably gonna be a weak ending to Kazuma's story.

Well, they showed that we'll be able to actually make Kazuma work out like how you could do that shit in GTA:SA, so maybe it feels better once you actually get the ball rolling in the game's new systems, I don't know man I can only really hope for the best right now.

but thats not NFS: MW (the old one)

Potions automatically refill, you can use them in combat with no downside, as opposed to 1. It is better than 2's alchemy though

Enemies and Equipment scale with you throughout the game, shit's dumb
Also, combat was really shit too, just use the shield magic and you were more or less invincible

PSP for 1, use the original music patch though. Then you can do the fan translation of 2:IS for the PSX or the official ENG PSP version, and the PSX version of 2.

The alchemy in W1 is not nearly as deep as people make it seem. Sure, there are numerous sources of ingredients, and numerous types of ingredients that can be used to make potions and oils, but the end result is "one type of blade coating for every major enemy type" and "very basic potions that give passive buffs, like night vision or regenerating health, and some very specific potions that function in a specific way for the sake of the story". Combat is simple as fuck as a result; against humans you use steel sword, against monsters you use silver sword. Oils just act as additional DPS, like STAB bonuses in Pokemon, and potions might be able to save your hide in specific circumstances, like if you're fighting a group of monsters that do poison damage, you'll be better off if you have antidote and health regen, but you can pretty much get through the entire game without doing any of the potion shit.
Everyone knows it's Hot Pursiut 2010

You're wrong on all of these. I would have agreed on the Witcher 1 part a few weeks ago, but after trying 3 again, it seems to have had a lot about it fixed.

Pro Street and MGR are literally the worst games in their franchises. MGR is a contendor for one of the worst and most disappointing games I've ever played. I didn't even expect it to be good and I was still massively let down by how awful it was in every way.

From some import reviewers like Yakuza Fan and OPRainfall I hear the game is still good but lacks a lot of the cast throughout the series' 10 years and is a bit weak story-wise as Kazuma's final game, and lacks in some options like Heat Move variety, long battles, and fast feeling combat. The game probably would have benefitted if it had a spinoff title in the vein of Kenzan and Ishin to test out the waters of the new engine for the first PS4 only entry in the series.

But hey it has Virtua Fighter 5, Puyo Pop, and Anri Okita doing a stripshow for you so it cant be all bad.

Yeah it seems like they focused really hard on the replay value of the game rather than the actual Yakuza value of it, not that it seems bad from a personal standpoint, but if what you're saying is true (and honestly I believe more of what some random person in a mongolian arts and crafts forum says) it's a shame that Kazuma's last game ends with a weak note, though I guess at least a happy one?

Nah, 5 is still about "finding out who you really are" but this time by opposition to social structures, rather than integration with them, which 4 was about. 2:EP is very much about actually changing your circumstances, rather than yourselves. It also reads a lot more emotionally true than the other games. Characters don't magically get over their issues at the end of a dungeon/climatic moment, they keep their guilt and learn to carry it, even past the end.

What? How?

He is autistic and thinks that his opinion is fact.

He's an idiot who hates fun.

To be fair I think at one point they said that Yakuza 5 was supposed to be Kazuma's last game. Plus Yakuza 6 faces major competition from itself with 5 and 0 being tough acts to follow. At the very least though we wont have to wait another 3 years to get the game in english and in an actual box as well.

Thanks.

it's not bad.
It's not as complex in it's combat as other games but it's still fucking solid

No! It's a poster on Holla Forums!

Thanks for this.

If I find good sources for all of these I'll post them in the Persona/SMT General. Or we could ask in the share thread if anybody already has the ROMs.

At least I wasn't wrong about getting that vibe from 5, I guess the Yakuza series is just on the rise so Sega wants to keep it going, though I sort of hope the team gets to move on to other characters and stories while keeping their good writing, as much as I love Kazuma they really should move on to new horizons.

but you didn't even rice your cars

>Everyone knows it's Hot Pursiut 2010
That was actually my runner up.
Fucking love that game

Not him, but I really like the aesthetics of the last few chapters, especially the one with the expansive farmland and lady of the lake.

The Inferno Armour from 3 looked better than the top tier armour from 2.

What is it like having the taste of garbage in your mouth at all times?

They don't

How are these two retcons?
They are completely different routes of the game and the third one picks a single canon route instead of hastily cobbling all of them together ala Deus Ex 2 and Morrowind.

How is this a retcon? The books do not elaborate on it at all. If anything this is fan fiction tier expansion.

Radovid leads a fucking pogrom against mages over his irrational hatred towards them in one of the endings. How is he not fucking insane in 2?

Powers like what?
She has always been the chosen one from the first book in the overarching plot.

To be fair, Morrowind's solution to that is where 90% of TES lore comes from.

Implying.

Am I late? Just wanted to chime in with an extra mod for Persona. I replaced the shitty J-pop intro FMV with the superior PS1 cutscene. Just open your game with UMDGen and replace the file in PSP_GAME/USRDIR/MOVIE.

Make sure to import LBA.txt after you replace the file, you can do this with UMDGen too on File>File List>Import.

LBA.txt: mega.nz/#!zFUDnTAb!-sBiCGFL6L9rdZEGXvuRFdW1fm2FLItxmU4V8pCP-NI

FMV File: mega.nz/#!bQNyzZYL!OHXis3SXr-Rj3aknOGyoUSjkG03Pu97u7KIPJs-l4_4

Yes, it gets much better later on. Also get good, you don't need 250 missiles.

Jesus Christ, could you be any more contrarian for the sake of being contrarian.

The thing is all 3 games nail different good things and fail horribly on others, it's hard to rank them
The only thing clear is that overall 2 is the worst

The enemy scaling and I assume the armor/weapons are a toggle option you fucking retards. It was an option added in patch 1.2.

no shit, and potions are less effective per use, because they've been balanced around the expectation that you'll use them daily.

disagree strongly. Anything they dropped from TW2 I couldn't care less about (weakest story of the three games by far), and Elder Blood can lead to just about anything the devs want to give Ciri.

What Witcher 2 had over 1 was a new engine and purty graphics. The tradeoff was a whole lot of fucking bullshit. Now that we've got TW3 you have a pretty game that isn't so bullshit, so there's not much reason to go back to it.

Having to stock on herbs and meditate to drink in I and II was so tedious I didn't even bother.

No idea why anyone would prefer that shit over III's system.

I played vanilla and enchanted Witcher 1.
The enchanted version did seriously improve the inventory and alchemy system

You never played them, did you?

It's slow.
It's too simple.
It's too easy.
There are scripted sequences every 5 seconds that rips the controls out of your hands and makes you sit through some stupid bullshit.
The writing makes me want to cut my ears off.
The controls are complete ass.

shut up, it's a great movie

No, he's right. Do you honestly think 2 is good?

Kill yourself

2 is objectively better than 3. 3 is complete garbage slav skyrim, like the poster above me expressed.

Nigga what? All the other things you said make total sense but slow?

It's almost like a videogame doesn't have to be exactly like a book series!

As a game itself, it's still one of the best high production products to come out in years.

Try VR missions

Yes, it's slow as fuck. Everyone kept saying it was a fast-paced game, so that was the one and only thing I was expecting out of it, but it failed HORRIBLY on delivering that. I was falling asleep with how slow the pacing and combat was.

making the first of four images correct?
this is master bait material, take notes

2 is a fucking QTE fest.

And I wish the meme of calling stuff "X-Skyrim" would end.

It's worth owning a PS2 just for these titles.

Bait thread.

What's the best tropico game Holla Forums?

All sequels and all best.

Belkan War is the best

They were all good, fambulance.

We got more bait here folks

Jesus fucking christ. Go hang yourself you fucking piece of cancer holy fuck why are you even allowed to live?
CE is obviously the best game in console shooter history.

It had great cars (Pontiac GTO oh yes), great visual customization (that fucking decal editor and body editor fuck yes) and some great tracks and modes (the feeling of pure speed when doing speed challenge races). I will admit it starts slow (cars handle like treacle for the first stage and a half) and grip challenges in Ebisu are literally impossible, but there's a lot to like. It's not a pure arcade racer and people shouldn't give it a hard time as a result.

Oh blow me, ODST had the best Halo campaign and Firefight maps.

Well you dont necessarily need a PS2 but you do need one if you want to play the hest version.

Learn how to parry bud.

The open world elements were not handled as exceptionally as they could have possibly been, but it is by and large the best truly open world RPG present on the market. While the random roaming can be dull, it ultimately doesn't detract from any of the questlines in quality or scope, and the game is still very much structured in your progression to keep things going at a decent pace.

It's only similar to Skyrim on the basis of happening to have an 'open' world.

good taste otherwise, user

kys

worst game in the series

What can one expect from someone who likes nuShitman

V is infinitely better than 4, even 1 is better than 4

witcher 1 ha best chapter there ever been in gaming format, chapter 2 and 3 are just pure sex. First time i played witcer first chapter to long ass time to complete because it was so boring,but one evening got in chapter 2 and played 2-3 thru in one sitting, it took whole night but how awesome they were.

Spaceship battle segments were fucking trash.

The influx of newfags is here. Christ go back to cuckchan.

Mass Effect 2 is the best game in the Gears of War franchise. There is no Mass Effect franchise – they only made one game.

Every time.

Gothic 2 is objectively the best gothic.

I don't understand how Holla Forums can shit on Witcher 3's combat but then agree that Witcher 1 is the best. Witcher 1 has fucking terrible combat, Witcher 3's has flaws but Witcher 1 is near unplayable the combat is so dull and repetitive.

fuck off you know what I mean.

It's a big game

That would only matter if The Witcher was an action game, not a role-playing game. Unless you gauge how good every game is by how good the combat is, which is pretty stupid.

Inb4 salty morrowshits try and defend their casual downgrade.

It's a tough choice, but I can settle with this

Nah user, here's the best Elder Scrolls game.

What is the best Tomb Raider game?

Pleb.

Most RPGs have combat that action game fans find boring though. RPGs are not focused solely on combat, they shouldn't focus on combat either because it moves them further from the original tabletop games they were based upon.

Forgot image.

Resident Evil Zero / 0

Tomb Raider '96 only one I managed to finish, so that one. Games need proper re-release with technical updates for resolutions, FOV, framerate and maybe camera control to mouse.

I know, but shitty combat is shitty combat. And letting that aside because it's an RPG is bullshit. Plenty of RPGs can have fun combat, it's not an attribute for RPGs to have shit combat.

No, you don't understand. People who don't play RPGs will immediately complain about the combat, they don't play RPGs so what else could they possibly complain about? Most of the complaints boil down to "it ain't like muh favourite gaym". It's why series like the Elder Scrolls exist, they're RPGs for people who don't play and don't like RPGs.

PS2 versions of THPS are the WORST versions of the game. Xbox versions had so many more graphical improvements and ran at a better resolution.

The ace combat 5 is objective the worst of PS2 era.

THis.

That's a load of tripe. I've played plenty of old school RPGs where I can enjoy the combat. You're just making excuses for people not liking a shit combat system.

Almost every time someone complains about the combat in an RPG game it's because they don't play RPGs.

Yes, I know what you're getting at, but you're only bringing it up to defend a shit combat system.

Name one

Fallout, SMT, some Final Fantasies.

And no I mean the old school Fallout.

I am so old.

No, it doesn't

Saying SMT and Final Fantasy is way too vague but I can't think of any games in the series with "good" combat anyway, at least combat good enough that you'd like them but dislike W1.

Fine then look at what posted.

You're missing the point pretty badly. Bad combat in RPGs doesn't stem from it being like not like an action game. In fact, if it were more action-based it would be pretty bad from the perspective of an RPG. Combat interactions, like every other kind of interaction in an RPG, are meant to test how well you've built your character. It can be bad by its own merits (like being too stale/repetitive, not fully exploring different character customization options, etc), and if a game focuses a lot on it (see most, if not all, RPGs) then it's going to be a big sticking for the game's quality.

So when that user is saying "this RPG has bad combat," that may not mean he wants the RPG to play like an action game, but he wants the combat to just be better.

Radovid did nothing wrong. Sorceresses are feminists on steroids and deserve their fate.

The Witcher 1's combat was somewhat shallow but functional and on higher difficulties actually required you to read up on what you were likely to face and plan ahead with your alchemy/buff items. It also had a feeling of weight to it, at least in my opinion. Essentially the combat was easy to ignore and forced you to rely on roleplaying/your character's stats more than personal skill, something a proper RPG should endeavour to do, so it was the least-worst system.

2 and 3 had ROLLING ROLLING ROLLING and no longer forced you to rely on planning ahead on higher difficulties. It was all about player skill rather than RPG stats and frankly it was equally as shallow/boring. Also, again more as personal opinion, it no longer felt like it had real weight since you were rolling around like a nigger on crack (granted more of a problem with 2 rather than 3).

I'd rather have based Emperor Emhyr put the feminists on a leash.

I actually had the most fun with 2. 3 was the one that focused too much on rolling.

Probably one of the first three games. I enjoy Legend but objectively speaking both it an Anniversary are inferior to the original trilogy.

I didn't spend very long on 3 personally but the little I played of it didn't impress me luckily I didn't pay for it anyway. Both 2 and 3 made what I'd call the Mass Effect mistake: sacrificing a lot of RP mechanics to try and upgrade combat from 'poor' to 'sub-par' as part of an attempt to attract people more interested in action games. Even when you succeed such a trade-off isn't worthwhile, Fallout 4 and Skyrim have tried the same thing.

I personally prefer the 2nd game over the third. Something felt off about the 3rd game and I can't really explain it.

Oh hey, that purple haird girl has a lot of space on the box, she must be a constant recurring character who I should make sure to put a lot of time and effort into the skill base of, because only a steaming pile of crap would permanently remove characters from your team without any warning.

It's a good thing that both the stories at least hold up.

they removed the rolling but shortly returned it.

All fans of the series love new Hitman.

AS A METAL GEAR FAAAN!!!!!

I think the game is pretty good, but I went in with pretty low expectations considering what Holla Forums says about the game. It also has the best fashion.

Still had the most fun playing the first, but I haven't finished the third.

hate on me all you want, but i'm about to drop some objective truth right hurr

assassin's creed 4
battlefront 2
cod bo2
shadow of chernobyl
kotor 2
resident evil 3
splinter cell chaos theory
battlefield 2142
farcry 2
metal gear solid 2
FEAR
final fantasy 9
hitman blood money/2016, could go either way tbh. i'd really love to see blood money levels with 2016's gameplay and graphics. just imagine how challenging it would be to parade around the white house as marine when realistically, everyone knows/should know who the fuck you are and aren't.

Eh, why not?

8/10

you are almost my nigga except that mechwarrior 2 mercenaries is the best mech game in the history of mech games. everything else is a-ok

newfag nice bait