GTA Thread

What games in the series are a must play?
What is the best game overall?
Are Vice City and GTA III worth picking up or did they age badly?

Other urls found in this thread:

gtaforums.com/topic/749193-ps2-features-to-pc-index/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

All of them except top-down ones minus Chinatown Wars and V.
A tie between San Andreas and Vice City with IV being the 2nd best.
3 is hard and has the least features out of all the games but still worth playing as in it's not supplementary.

t. GTA expert

/thread (in a good way)

No shit it's in the good way.

In what way is it not supplementary?
Plotwise?

VC and 3 are fun to play, 3 has the most fun cop AI imo. And I think SA has the most moddability. You could mod the shit out of the game when I played, which was at least 7 years ago it's probably even better now

Also unless you only want 3d GTAs, GTA 2 has fun MP too

Its successors surpass it in every way but is still a classic and should be played, also Claude looks cool and is 6'3.

Fuck right off the edge of my dick
4 has some of the worst missions, the least interesting world map and the shittiest weapon variety.

So… what went wrong with V?
Except the online

Ha! those are fucking great.

(((Rockstar)))

I haven't played story mode since I beat it but the missions and story were better than V even before I saw how shit V was.
Better than the emptiness of V, IV was a detailed city and what was there was better than whatever V had, I'm making many comparisons to V but it's the only GTA I see being the 2nd best aside from VCS which wasn't as fleshed out as VC and SA but still good.
O.K. nigger how about you eat shit, the weapons in IV are the best in the series by damage ouput and one of the best SFX for guns in video games as a whole.

GTA IV isn't a 9/10 as some people exaggerate it to be but it was good and the driving at least required skill and was something you could learn than the flat standard that V had where all cars are the same aside from acceleration and categories of vehicles have different traction from other categories.

Not taking anything from the potential IV had and the way RAGE was used, the Crowbat is overused as fuck but this isn't something that can't be explained by telling but on the story it didn't have a definite tone, didn't go anywhere, was short, and didn't know what it wanted to be.

Have more.

I think I've played all GTA games, at least those on PC + Liberty city and vice city stories on PS2, I even played few of these kinds I remember Gta Vice City Underground 2, cars with neon lights and turbo and shit like in the NFS U2 game.
I personally love the GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas the most, and out of these 3 I think I'd pick Vice City. I really like GTA 4 for the ragdoll and physics engine, it's really fun to fuck around and just run over pedestrians, but if I want to beat a GTA game from start to finish it would be either GTA 3 or Vice City. GTA San Andreas was a huge step forward in many cases, but also a step backwards. It added shit ton of features, such as swimming, climbing, bicycles, tattoos, separate articles of clothes, haircuts, all of this is great, but not really necessary. The map is also way way bigger than any previous game, but it's not as… dense(?) as the previous games. Big chunks of GTA SA map are just wastelands, where GTA 3 and VC is very dense, every piece of the map feels like it has a purpose.
tl;dr for fucking around : gta sa, gta 4, gta 5
for normal playthrough : gta 3, gta vc

And a small story/blogpost about GTA

gta 2 > gta v imo

Where should a new game in the serie be based on?
I live in Italy and i have ties in the mafia, i heard of stories that very often go untold, and most of those made the headlines so it's not like it would be hard to fetch them and tailor them into a plot.

Anywhere but USA. Nothing against burgerland, it's just that almost every GTA happens in there. Go to Mexico or Italy as you said, would be very fun.

My dad works at R* I'll tell him about you.

yeah nah fuck off retard
Its easily the worst game in the series.

I'm getting a bit of a boner tbh

You want a chainsaw gringo ?

You're the retard here.

I recommends playing all of them except 3, China Wars and 5. 1, 2 and UK are old as fuck but still good fun and you can see how the series began.

SA closely followed by 4.

Are you cool with playing old games? VC is pretty good but 3 fucking sucks.

t. GTA oldfag

What's wrong with GTA 3 ? GTA 3 and VC are my favourite

Each to their own but being the first 3D GTA it just feels like they made a lot of mistakes while learning something completely different to me.

Chinatown Wars was a blast to play dude.

Play whichever one you want, and the "best" in the series is more up to opinion. That being said though I personally wasnt a fan of 4 because I hated the movement system on foot, driving could have handled better, it runs poorly on consoles and PC, and the starting missions are as slow as SA's. 5 from what little I played on PS3 felt a lot more scripted but I remember having more fun with it besides having to deal with obnoxious load times and fuckhuge install patches. Red Dead Redemption is better than both titles though.

Yeah sure, but can you give me examples ?

I'm playing V too, and the police is the most antifun ever.
It reminds me of pic related.

San Andreas

It's been a long time my man. I just remember not liking it, I would have to re-install to give specifics.

GTA 3, VC and SA are just one of these games I replay every once a while, it's great imo. GTA 3 is the simplest one out of these 3 for sure, but that's why it's so great in many ways. If you just want some GTA to fuck around with then I think SA or 4/5 would be better. But if you want to do full campaign, GTA 3 or VC is the best in that regard.

faggot
faggot

They're not bad but aren't representative of what the series has become and aren't the best, GTA 2 is the best out of the top-downs but GTA 1, GTA London, and Advance are O.K. to shit.

I think part of it for me was VC surpassing it in every possible way only 1 year later.

I still dont know why the police is more aggressive unless they're trying to do another "social satire!". That or they thought players dont want to wait long enough to get to 2 star wanted levels, or people complained that it was too easy to escape the police in 4/CW, I really dont know.

Though that isnt the worst part about 5 personally, whats worse is how story driven it is to a fault. The opening mission is long as fuck compared to something like GTA3 or Vice City where from there on you could do whatever you wanted with not a ton of restrictions. But with 5's single or multiplayer you're forced to do tutorial shit and watch unskippable cutscenes before you can have fun.

70s Las Venturas.

Vice City and Vice City Stories are my favorite, mostly because of the over the top stuff. Setting wise GTA2 because of cyberpunk like shit.

Chinatown Wars is fucking great, fuck you.

Vice City, San Andreas, The Lost and Damned (one of IVs episodes), Chinatown Wars, Bully fuck you it counts.
Bully.
Neither have particularly good PC ports (in fact no game before V had a truly competent port) but Vice City is certainly playable. Check pcgamingwiki's page for every game before you play for any essential patches (fan or official).

vice city and san andreas are the must plays
4 is fun, but some might get bored of it if they don't enjoy the wonky physics
5 is shit

To add onto my point about extra shit San Andreas on PC was actually missing a few graphical extras the console versions had and you can fanpatch them back in without any real effort.
gtaforums.com/topic/749193-ps2-features-to-pc-index/

faggot

Read it again you apes, learn English you niggers it's the most simple and primitive language spoken by a civilization.

lol

YOU DUMB FUCKING NIGGERS DON'T EVEN KNOW ENGLISH ARE PROBABLY BURGERS WHAT IS A COMMA YOU DAFT CUNT. PLAY 3, VICE CITY, SAN ANDREAS, LCS, VCS, IV TRILOGY, AND CHINATOWN WARS SINCE YOU LITERALLY DO NOT KNOW HOW LANGUAGE WORKS I MADE IT EASIER FOR YOU MALLEABLE DOUBLE-DIGIT IQ HEAD, IN THIS CASE ENGLISH. KILL YOURSELF.

GTA IV had good melee combat.
How did they fuck it up in V?

You could have worded it in a less ambiguous way, English degree expert.
GTA 2 is good also, faggit

That thing is why I'm a bit worried about the new RDR game.

What if R* made a GTA/John Wick vidya?

The best part is that even San Andreas had interesting fighting styles, even if they were simplistic. It had the default fighting style, boxing, kung-fu and the one where you fight unfairly. In GTA V they went for "realism" by making it completely garbage, most likely because they didn't want to do too many animations so they simply made people go down in one hit

It would have a lot of animations, music choices, miniscule details with various NEAT-O values, cutscenes up the ass, world being the center and gameplay feeling like an afterthought compared to it even if it is pretty solid, and 120 GB required disc space.

better be bait

Vice City tho it hasn't aged well

San Andreas, what's really sad is that we never got that level of variety in a GTA ever since

V even got LESS shit on it than IV did which was already a step down from SA

Yes for VC, no for 3 unless you want to play them all. Still worth playing since it was quite the experience back in the day

Hey, it wasn't that long ago, only 16 years

Most fags here weren't even born back then

That was the joke

Is GTA3 really that old? Even when it had its 10 year anniversary it didnt feel that long ago.

Speaking of 3 and Vice City, are there any good mods for them? Trying to look for good mods seems like a hard task when you dont know where to start.

I remember one zombie mod for GTA VC, it was pretty fun, but I don't remember the name, sorry

The only GTA that I felt was a general waste of time was V. Other then that they're all decent games you won't regret playing.

I can't be the only one that actually liked GTA5. I thought playing 3 characters was nice.

That was 6 years ago user…

It wasn't a bad game itself just not a good GTA

The 3 character thing was nice but that was it, nothing else to get exited about since there was actually less stuff than even in SA which was a 9yo game at the time

I didn't dislike it but I was disapponted with it. Considering the amount of money they spent on the game it felt way too empty

Its a cool concept but they completely wasted its true potential by having such shit characters. It has a few iconic scenes at best where I bet half this board could quote every line in VC and SA word for word. Having worse core mechanics to IV didn't help either. Although I think with time people will likely appreciate it more, I enjoyed IV a lot more the second time through. I'd replay V but I don't have a 360 anymore and fuck paying full price again for the "real" versions. I did spend a ton of time in GTAO playing golf with people, that was fun.

GTA5 isnt a bad game by any stretch of the imagination, it just feels sort of underwhelming. Maybe it was held back due to the PS3/360, I dont know.

It still didnt feel like it was that long ago.

Thanks for wanting to help anyways user.

what did he mean by this?

I was talking about GTA3 10year edition

Or the fact that they concentrated way too much on graphics and making the gameplay more realistic, thus skipping out on a lot of the shit people enjoyed in previous games. It is easy to claim that something is held back by a console but that clearly isn't the case with something like GTA IV, which does in fact have a lot of the features that are for some reason missing in GTA V.

Anyone know where I can get .isos for these shitty arab GTA games?

Fuuka best girl.

But you didn't put a comma in your first post

Who was the best character with the best missions, and why is it Yusuf Amir?

That was intentional because I included GTA V as a game you should avoid.

GTAV is very similar to RDR; the weapon wheel, the aiming mechanic, the rolling, and the physics all seem to be lifted from RDR and modified to some extent. I know that it's the RAGE engine, and so maybe they took assets from other games, but RDR sticks out to me most for some reason. Know why RDR is praised? The setting, and nothing more. Everyone tells you how great the setting, story and characters are in RDR, but nobody ever points out how shitty the gameplay is, and that's because anyone who actually cares about GAMEPLAY will see through all the garbage and put the game down for good after a few hours.

In that same sense, GTA is a beautiful looking game with a variety of things to do, but no major gameplay mechanic that can act as the "core", the cohesive glue that keeps you coming back, and on top of that, the story is a lackluster farce that tries to blend comedy with old action movie scenes and a major plot line that goes nowhere. From a gameplay perspective, GTA tries to do everything at once and ends up doing it all poorly, and once you realize this, you'll lose all your motivation to keep playing. It can be nice to boot up, drive around and see the sights, but beyond that, I can't see myself playing it for any prolonged period of time.

If anything GTA V was the most unrealistic with the ability to flip your vehicle mid air & I love it as it basically turned GTA V into one of the best Stunting games on the market right now. Though most people are an unimaginative bunch & will never know as nobody knows how to make their own fun anymore unless the the game is actively telling them
THIS IS NOW THE FUN BIT! DO FUN IN THIS WAY!

You can control your vehicle mid-air in the previous games by taking your foot off of the gas and then just rotating it the way you want as well, in San Andreas the driving school becomes impossible without it. Obviously it isn't completely representative of real life but it does cut down on some of the fun aspects of the driving in favour of realism.

Fucking hell I didn't even realise those weren't in V.

I thought the same thing about RDR. In fact, I'm sure they reused some music tracks from RDR in some of GTA Onlines competitive modes.

You're a fucking faggot, but you probably already know this.

Play Vice City for good game
Play San andreas for the story and atmosphere, but not the gameplay
Play 4.
5 is ok.

Absolutely this. Most of the activities are in Los Santos and in the southern part of Blaine County. The rest is just endless roads, deserts and plains.
Saints Row 2's map was better for instance, the map was large enough, was very pleasing to cruise in (you had slums, caves, business districts, a university, etc…) and you only had to drive two or three streets to find a store or a mission.

Fear and Loathing style gta that takes place in the thick of the desert west during the 70s.

I loved how GTA 2 rewards you for doing almost anything, as long as you're spreading general chaos. I wish they could've added that score system in later games.
You could get points/money for murdering someone, hijacking a car, crashing cars, blowing up a car, having 4 wanted level, kill frenzies, etc etc.
I guess that's what made it so much fun, not to mention the bonuses you can unlock (Copkilla, Expeditious Executioner, etc), they only kept the Insane Stunt Bonus in the later games, but removed the others. Kill Frenzies were back in GTA V but there were only like 5 or 4, (which is much less compared to the 20 kill frenzies in GTA 2) and only Trevor can do them.

Saints Row 2 is probably the best GTA clone, period.

Shame the rest of the series is mediocre at best, and also shame the netcode for co-op is a little spotty unless you're running a very similar system to your partner. Great game otherwise.

I think they were afraid to get compared to GTA IV so they went with the lolsorandom bullshit with SR3. A shame, It resulted in a Smaler, shittier map and neat stuff being cut off.
I hope they will correct this in SR4 If it ever comes out.

Dude.

First up: there was already a Saints Row 4 user. Keep in mind that not everything is a bubble nor is a series solely good based on it's name. There are other factors at work here: The development team, the design studio, the writer, the creative lead. Change even one of these things and you'll see it affect the quality of the game. This is why I'm so nervous about Leslie Benzies and a lot of his top people leaving Rockstar North because it could spell massive changes for future GTAs in terms of design choices.

In the case of Saints Row 3; at the time it was being made THQ (who owned Volition) were going through financial difficulties. This shows in the development of Saints Row 3 (smaller map, neat shit getting cut) and in Saints Row 4 (reusing a lot of assets), and even the spin off Gat Out of Hell which also reused assets and feels cheap. The question is now that Deep Silver bought Volition in the fallout of THQ's bankruptcy: Will the original team be working on it and will they be given the resources they need to make the game everything it should be and a true follow-up to 2? Probably not given the series has been getting progressively more absurd to the point of not feeling close to 2 anymore, still only time will tell.

Best characters.

Prove me wrong.

Yeah I understand what you mean. Still, I'd appreciate if they "get back to the basics", if you know what I'm saying.
YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO REMIND ME OF SR IV user
NOT THE AYYS NOT THE AYYS AAAAAA

You're right, that game should never be mentioned. And I agree, I hope they go back to basics too. 2 has so much promise, but instead they went full capetard. Never go full capetard.

James Woods was better as Hades.

I'm breaking the rule about not talking about the game, but here goes.
Saints Row IV should have been cut off the series and went as his own IP. It's not extremely bad as A game, but it's certainly not a Saints Row and should not be in the series in the first place.
I mostly refer it as "Prez vs Ayys" instead of SR IV.

Where's Ryder?

I am going to be he odd one out. The only gta I liked was 5 and I feel it was he best simply because it had a lot of great usability features, mainly being able to quicksave and allow you to start a mission again after failing it without having to walk/drive all the way back to it. Gta IV has that mission feature was well. I would avoid any of them before San adreas since they aged like milk

The fact that there wasn't quick saving or restarting was part of the gameplay of the old GTA because it was a way to punish you for failing. You die? you lose a bit of cash and your weapons, and if you weren't wise enough and didn't save, you had to deal with this penalty instead of just getting back to the old save.
Now it's just a pat on the back and a "try again" until you succeed. The only penalty is that you cannot get some gold medal to show off online.

To be fair this just lead to constantly saving. Basically: if you don't play the 3D era of GTA without saving after every mission you're fucking up. Mind you: I don't agree with 73ee57. I love every GTA from the old top down through to today.

Didn't mean to link

Bottom of the ocean

if you're a no-skill casual sure

Since this doesn't really deserve its own thread. What are the best gta likes? I can only think of retro city rampage for a 2d GTA like but there's endless 3d gta clones. Some of them better than others obviously.

Things like the scarface game, the godfather games, are obviously kind of poorly made derivative drivel, but what ones of these are actually good? Other than saints row of course.

Are there any more games that ape 2d gta? I've got a soft spot for 2d gta, gta 2 was one of the first games that I owned that wasn't ff7 for my ps1.

You take that back.

What skill? Aside from San Andreas all the games use a shitty lock on feature. You can get randomly fucked at any time. What a load of bullshit.

I guess it was competent for what it was. But back when I played through the thing I was far from impressed. I realize that originality isn't everything, but the fact that I played vice city before scarface the world is yours. It really made it obvious what the inferior product was.

Its not as bad as it could of been. But the scarface game always fell into the territory of movie based games that came way late and no one actually asked for. At least the warriors game rockstar made was really cool even though it falls into that same category.

I see what you mean, It's true that getting home just to save is kind of a chore. If you wanted to make it worthwile, you should add an extra feature to it, like storing cash/gear so you have a spare weapon during hard times, making a nice meal in the kitchen grants you a huge limited buff like in Monster Hunter, or something like that.
But that wouldn't solve the problem. Again, you would constantly save again so no loss really happens. So what do you do? Auto-save like Dark souls or the Ironman mode of XCOM? Kind of unfunny if the loss becomes huge.

It's more about getting a proper stance when firing, check the corners, all that stuff, rushing away without thinking quickly drains your health in GTA, and it would still be half true in V if it wasn't for the regen system.

Sleeping Dogs. It's smaller and more serious but it's fun nonetheless. I'd suggest pirating just because the Definitive verson doesn't allow for Death by a thousand cuts replays. Ruined the game for me.

Honestly I think the best solution is what Rockstar did with V, but they went a little too far. Namely saving any time you want anywhere in the world from your cell phone is genius, but then making it so death on a mission is just a quick replay away does take away too much of the punishment. If I were to make a GTA-like then I'd put in the cell phone save system and leave it at that.

I may be wrong, as it's been a while since I got 100% on VC and III but isn't this only something you can do in SA? Pretty sure there is no crouching in III and VC. Checking corners is a massive duh and something anyone playing any video game involving shooting should do, but I'd still argue the shitty lock on of III and VC as well as the chaos that can sometimes ensue make "skillful play" a joke. San Andreas went a long way to fixing that, but it seems everyone is forgetting that was one game of 3 (5 if you count the stories games).

was he autistic?

Claude is a nihilistic entity that wishes to unleash chaos before returning to the void.
The perfect organism; the ultimate life-form.
Money and people hold no value to him.
He finds communication with other humans to be rather pointless, as their feeble minds wouldn't be able to comprehend his intellect.

Best protagonist prove me wrong

That's actually pretty nice that way, but wouldn't that make the houses useless, since all you can do in there is save, heal yourself and change clothes?

It's true, in consoles you only had manual aim in SA, and I kinda used it as a reference for what I'm saying. There was crouching in Vice City though and also mouse aim in PC version, can't remember in III.
Then again, when I said "proper stance", I should have said "take cover on an easily defensible spot, crouch to get extra accuracy, secure health packs so you have something to shake off the damage…". As you said, massive duh and something that anyone playing any video game involving shooting should do.

The 2hu edition

realy makes you think ..

Yeah, that's how they are in V, useless unless you want to get dressed up or watch TV. Not a huge loss though.

I'll be damned, I'll have to give that a try when I play through Vice City again.

He was really good, he knew that actions are what changed the world and not words, so he never spoke, he never complained, he just made shit done, and efficiently. A real American gangster we don't see anymore.

Australia, imagine how fun that could be.

That's what I remember about Vice City. I only had the PS2 version, but I was sure there was crouching.
Mouse aim was only PC. There was a way to put the auto lock on it too. Vid related.

On a storytelling standpoint, it would be unless you play as a hobo who snatched a phone.

That's actually pretty neat when you think about it.

Pretty much everyone in Italy is tied with the mafia at this point.

Seconding this user

You could always play Far Cry 2. Just pretend the niggers are abbos and the Africa wildlife hunting your shit are native Aussie fauna.

none of the wildlife in Far Cry 2 are predatory.

It's kind of a perfect setting when you think about it. It has the big cities for the storyline to take place, as well as the iconic outback to drive through, full of wildlife.

They aren't?
Could have sworn there was an aggressive big cat or two in it.

You might be thinking of Far Cry 3. One of it's main selling points was that it had hostile wildlife, whereas Far Cry 2 only had things like gazelles and buffalo.

lol faggot

Newfag detected

Gas yourself shill

You had those in VC and SA as well, you just didn't have a fucking easy mode with unlimited health like V

Also GTA V made them all way too fucking easy, they were all either an assault rifle or the one with the grenade launcher, and you got to do it with Trevor who is a bulletsponge.

Yeah, probably. It's been fucking years since I've played either to be honest, so they've just merged in my memory.

Kill frenzies in V could only be done with Trevor and his fucking berserker mode couldn't they?

Exactly, and the explanation given for why these things were happening was still blatantly shit writing even taking the character into account. For example he gets pissed at hipsters and suddenly pulls a gun out for no reason, after which through sheer magic he gets attacked by a swarm of them in cars and carrying guns.

This better be fucking bait, here's a (you)

All GTA games need mods to fix basic shit rockstar fucked up badly btw.
GTA 1 and it's expansions are good
GTA 2 is gta 1 but it's much much better all-around, you can tell they used the money from gta 1's unexpected success to make an even better game. It also aged very well due to how it's actually a 3D game viewed from top down which means most of it is vector graphics.
GTA 3 has a cartoony-ish style and it's also the most polished of the 3D/HD gtas and it's the one that aged the best, it's personally my favorite because while san andreas is better the style really pleases me
GTA Vice City has a shit map both in terms of technical quality and fun, but it's still from when GTA was good since the gameplay itself is an improvement over 3.
GTA San Andreas is the high point of the series, everything that made the previous 3D GTAs good is in it and improved, it has a very contrasting theme where it takes a major shift in style and you play as a nigger doing nigger things. The only issue is that they gay up the setting by having the story try to take itself seriously and give CJ a personality that just completely goes against the gameplay.
GTA IV just sunk rock bottom into the trash, it's like rockstar picked up everything they knew about making good games and thought "Lol i wanna see people's reactions when i do the exact opposite". The only good stuff they did was the gunplay, improved fist fighting and TECHNOLOGY moments but everything else is vastly inferior to even the shittiest of GTA clones. The game is worth a pirated playthrough.
With GTA 5 they acknowledged that after fucking up 4 so bad the kind of people other GTAs attracted will never trust them again so they just didn't bother and made the franchise into the new call of duty.
Now onto the non-mainline games:
I played chinatown wars for a few minutes expecting it to be a portable take on the top-down GTAs. Well it's top-down but it's nothing like the older GTAs and it's shit, i thought maybe it would get better but on the internet people were saying the same so i didn't bother.
I haven't bothered with LCS but i've been told it's basically an improved gta 3

Plebbit is that way faggot, don't come back

I could really go for a GTA style game set in 1970s/80s Melbourne. Bonus points if Chopper's in the game.

I remember they were in VC and 3, but not in SA.

Yeah, GTA 2 had more interesting ones, like the one where you run people over with a taxi.

Of the ones I played my favorites were:
GTA2
Vice City
San Andreas
GTA IV

He's like CJ because he's black, duh.

Actually was included. You'll have to buy the Taxi cab depo As Franklin Too bad they were downsize to being like, six missions.

Vice City is a must play. It's better than San Andreas in story, and in game world. San Andreas is more fun to mod on pc, but the story is overrated by people remembering something they played years ago.

Bump.
So what are the best mods for gta san andreas?

I'd rate him higher, around okay-tier. He would be great-tier if he got to kill his shit-tier family. At least his son.

i am erect

This thread inspired me to play liberty city stories and vice city stories, i'm playing the psp versions because ps2 emulation is hard (really missing that second stick).
What does Holla Forums think of the 2 games? I'm having fun with liberty city stories so far, it's an improved gta 3 set in the 80s.

YES

vice city is really good. it has probably the second-best story of all the GTA games, although i only think san andreas is best because i have a soft spot for early 90s rap culture, and the 80s are a fun era to play around in no matter what. great cars, some great music, and it really nails that weird neon nighttime A E S T H E T I C i like so much. I never played LCS so i can't judge

So far my opinions on liberty city stories are:

wasn't LCS set in 1998, 3 years before GTA III?

You're right. I've been misunderstanding what the [current year] faggot says on the radio. He says "it's ninety-ninety eight people!" instead of "ninety-eight eight people!".
On another note i just got the taxi reward for doing 100 fares in a row and it took 3 hours

SA=VC>III>IV tbh
Never played V

I pirated V and i want my money back.

You know whats funny?
I probably put more hours into V than any other GTA game. A lot of people give it flack for its nofun handling and gunplay but I always go back to it as a sort of "roadtrip simulator" the world is just so fucking huge and detailed its impressive

Will the GTA franchise ever see a better protagonist?

gta 1 and 2 are boring garbage. 3, VC, SA are great, 4 and 5 remove everything great and just emphasize the poor parts of the previous trilogy.

You know whats funny? The story of GTA V is so forgettable that I almost forgot the protagonist was supposed to be Devin Weston. I can't even remember who the protag of GTA IV is

Take that back

sure once I find something redeemable about that garbage

It should be set in a Midwestern county with a ton of small, rural towns in it. Between the towns there should be a ton of wilderness where a lot of bizarre, paranormal and/or extra-terrestrial stuff happens, like in The Zone. In fact, make the entire game based around uncovering all those crazy folktales and urban legends that come from areas like that. Have crazy cults, ghosts, aliens, weird cryptozoological creatures running around, the works. Maybe throw in some stuff about farmers and meth labs too.

literally nigger simulators

iirc you could still earn cash by crashing cars and killing people in 3.

Carcer City. I want that Detroit rust belt post-apocalyptic feeling.

That's the fun, you get to be a nigger without a voice in your head called "being human" telling you to stop.

GTA 6 will most likely be in vice city since rockstar wants to shit in every single one of the 3D games at some point, so there's that. And it'll be much worse than expected because vice city was all-around the worst 3D gta but they really nailed the style. When they make the HD universe counterpart they're going to miss the style by a mile, and make the gameplay 3 times worse than 5. Calling it now.

Disgusting

If Shitaku is to believed, Rockstar has some of their teams taking pictures and studying the whole Tokyo area (Midnight Club, fucking please)

Gonna run through 3D universe games. Might do HD ones later.

Haven't played them much, but they're easy to pick up. Give them a go, they aged pretty nicely.
The definitive GTA. No bikes, helicopters or non-retarded planes (you can make the one in the game fly through autism, though), but it has dismemberment, straight-up devastating shotgun, some nice characters, dark atmosphere and a well-designed city. Worth a play.
Mechanically it's like 3, but better. More weapons, more cars, functional aircraft, best protagonist, amazing soundtrack, memorable side characters and a good story. The most stylish game in the series. City layout is less formulaic than in 3, but somewhat retarded in general. I recommend pirating it, because R* cut some songs from modern versions due to copyright fuckery.
The most advanced game in 3D era gameplay-wise. The story is rather meh (nigger doing the nigging and coming across some powerful friends in the process). Best map in the series, best vehicle selection in the series (although a lot of the low-end cars look almost exactly the same), some of the coolest characters, lots of customization and gimmicks. Again, pirating is preferable because for the same reason as VC.
Direct prequel to 3, tells the story of Tony Cipriani. Kind of a mashup between 3 and VC. A lot of fun missions, full of dark humor, a bunch of improvements from VC (bikes, more cars and weapons, more sub-missions). PS2 version is better, but requires some emulator fuckery to run well (and even then there are some minor visual bugs), PSP version is slightly worse but emulates easily.
Direct prequel to Vice City, less Scarface and more Cocaine Cowboys. LCS taken up to 11 - even more vehicles, more and cooler submissions, good storyline (darker and more dramatic), empire building mechanic (build, develop and protect businesses), the city itself is somewhat unfucked. Emulation-wise the same as LCS.

kill yourself faggot

oh god yes for the love of god. I need another midnight club, LA wasn't as good as 3 but it was still a good time sink.

If they are planning on setting a GTA in Japan i'd also be ok with that. The 'lol america' satire is really wearing thin now, specially since the subtlety is all gone. Notice how in 3, VC and SA it was more of a parody of the era but still set in a more fictionalized 'alternate' america, but in IV and V it just seems like they want to recreate RL but with an ultra snarky "everyones stupid but me" attitude which really rubs me up the wrong way.

Plus I'll never understand the people who claim that GTAV has plenty of things to do. I beat the game 100% on my first playthrough and it only took me about 26-27 hours of game time. After you beat the game there is nothing but emptiness to enjoy, fighting the cops isn't even fun since they are the no-fun brigade and you die at the drop of a hat. If you didn't save the lester assassination missions till the very end you've got fuck all chances for making serious money after the final mission, you're stuck chasing down money vans or waiting for businesses to pay rent.

I dont know if you can call GTA4 or 5 ultra-snarky, but I'm not sure what to call it. It seems almost like they have some characters talking philosophical shit at times while at other times they talk so wacky and zany.

btw how heretical is it to talk about Saints Row on a GTA thread?

Midnight Club is dead. Red Dead Redemption killed it.

Probably very considering saints row 2 is the best gta game

Vic is probably the 2nd toughest protagonist in hand to hand combat, Niko being 1st, Huang Lee being 3rd

BIG. MEATY. CLAWS!

GTA:SA
GTA:VS i only included this one because vs autist will bitch if i dont even though its inferior to sa

oh shit. can you replace the prostitutes with touhoa characters?

Vice Sity?

My favorites are GTASA, GTA4 and GTAVCS.
GTA SA was great all around and its fantastic for modding. I had lots of fun with the multiplayer mod MTA:SA that is still regularly played. GTA:SA is without a doubt my most played GTA. I really liked the driving in GTA 4 because it took skill and if you learned it right you could drive fast with no problem. There is a reason i won most of my online races. The gunplay and CQC was also pretty dank and so was the story. The characters were also very good in all 3 games, especially the protagonists and i really enjoyed the story in VCS. I would say VCS is the best ''smaller" 3D GTA.
I would recommend you play the PS2 versions of VCS and LCS, they are better aside from the lack of multiplayer that no one plays.

Vice City and III are good but you HAVE to pirate it or else you will have to deal with the fact that some of the music is gone. Same goes for GTA:SA.

RDR is fucking horrible, the gameplay is shit and the story is equally shit. I don't get why people praise the story when its crap.

Please don't call SR2 just a clone. It was legitimately great. SR3 and further went to shit because people couldn't stop comparing the series to GTA all the time, even tho only the only the basic gameplay is sort of the same.

You're right but Ryder should be there somewhere too. Also, if we are gonna talk about characters from other games, Nico Bellic was pretty damn good too and so was Vic Vance.

Only faggots use auto-aim unless you are playing the older GTA games on console. GTA 4 and above are perfectly playable without auto-aim even on console.

For singleplayer:
GTA:SA > GTA:VC > GTA V > GTA IV > GTA III >>> GTA I > GTA II

GTA Online (in V) is pretty great if you're willing to scrape the fun out of its twisted wreck. Probably more fun on PC as you can mod the shit out of it once you're bored and grief like an angry God.

The ott absurdity of SR4 was the best thing about it, 3 didn't know what it was, the attempt at mixing a serious tone with the zany events that happened made it the most disappointing of the series. 4 took the audacious element and ran, took turns you never saw coming and kept up the momentum of mad shit all the way through. Leaving that behind seems like folly.

I think scaling back from 4 and trying to recapture the tone of 2 would be a horrible misfire now. Maybe some other title should try that instead.

His bitch shot him in the head at the beginning, with two guns if I remember rightly, so he's fresh out of hospital with at least one severe brain injury, being directed to murder and rob at the behest of whoever talks at him.

To others in his world he is a golem unconcerned with his own physical safety, to be instructed and set on his destructive path possessed by an unseen force of chaos.

san andreas if you like nigger culture
vice city if you like al pacino movies

But he acted that way in SA too.

Is there something like "burn the coal pay the toll" for spics? Dick a spic and youll end up sick?

Vice City is the overall winner in my books, followed by III and SA, I even enjoyed VCS and LCS. The earlier GTAs were good at the time and for what they were but they are a different type of game. GTAIV suffered from the realism and seriousness but wasn't a bad game by any means and I haven't played V yet and probably won't until VI is released. As for where I would like to see the next entry located, it doesn't matter but playing Sleeping Dogs made me want to go to unfamiliar places and explore them.

Retroactively true. Dropped on his head as a baby then.

If I have a potato computer and an old console, is it worth it to try GTA IV? It looks dated as fuck

How potato is it? GTA games arent exactly known for their stellar pc ports

Potato enough that it won't run on my PC but the $5 copy for my 12-year old 360 seems to run fine.

I'll be getting a new PC once I have the cash, but is it worth trying on console? Missed out on it years back but curious if it's still a worthwhile experience or not

Eh I remember playing it on the 360 and it was fine aside from being the game that made me drop the series. Thats unrelated to what platform you're playing on though.

So it's a garbage game regardless?

Just stick to Vice City or San Andreas.

It takes the series in a direction different from the previous ones, you might like it or you might not but its worth a try at least.

I probably would have loved the game more if he ended up slaughtering his family halfway through the game.

Nice

Kek

I want to smoke weed with him and have him surgically remove the government implanted chip in my brain.

Yeah it's a shit game and only better than 5, but it's the kind that it's just shit enough that it's worth a pirate and playing a few missions.

They should've just cut out Franklin all together and have it focus around Michael and Trevor actually breaking Brad out of prison and having a bank heist focused story. Instead it felt like Rockstar couldn't figure out if they wanted a spiritual sequel to San Andreas with Franklin and the hood, or if they wanted a new story with middle aged bank robbers trying to find a purpose in their lives. Instead they decided to so a weird hybrid of the two that came off forced as fuck and didn't go anywhere. For fucks sake, the best missions are the ones where it's either focused on just Michael and Trevor or on Franklin dealing with the hood, I never enjoyed a single mission where it was all three at once because the character dynamic between the three was fucking terrible.

They should've just stuck with one, and if they really had to, just make the other story an expansion similar to IV's.

Also Michael should've just fucking killed his family.

Wait, what? Source?

You earned money by crashing yes, but never seen one where people get money for simply killing.

VCS just make me want to kill Lance even more.

But he's smart enough to drive cars and use fire-arms effectively.

Anyone remember the Flying Tank exploit in GTA III? That was quite fun.

FLORIDA FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

Florida is the perfect state for all the wacky shit that goes on in GTA. Why V was in California I have no idea

V was in california because they wanted a place for people that played gta sa and a big place at the same time.
Vice City would be too lame for VI, they will probably find a completely new place for it.

I used to try and fly the Dodo plane. THAT was a pain in the ass.

I actually managed to get to the Ghost Island and fell through Blue Hell.

That would have been a neat arc considering how his entire life is effectively based on lies at that point. All the shit he gave up his friends for ended up betraying him in the end and killing him inside. Part of why I actually liked him was because half-way through the game you realize he's basically been dead the whole time and just waiting for his body to catch up.

Don't worry, user. Considering how they managed to shit up the map to the point where absolutely nothing is recognisable outside of Mount Chiliad and the desert (thus rendering the whole point of using the map from San Andreas pointless), I am sure they will find an excuse to use the map from VC and butcher that one too. They may even kill off any characters from the previous games to give the game even less of a reason to take place there, or just completely ignore their existance and just add a single reference to them in an extremely obscure easter egg.

Different areas of the brain.

Yes, i loved using the flying cars cheat and using the cannon for propulsion.

If you can't fly it, the flying cars cheat makes it easier by the way.

This is less of a thing related to GTA5 and more of an attitude R* adopted after SA in particular, but why do their new games feel so story driven? Right now in GTA5 its at its absolute worst because you cant skip half the intro cutscenes and you're forced to do an annoying intro mission compared to something quick and painless like GTA3. At least the PC port for 5 runs fine compared to 4's but I can imagine this getting annoying fast on a second playthrough. You cant even use online without needing to do storyshit with an unskippable intro cutscene.

18++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Or the loadscreens that lead into loadscreens that lead into cutscenes that if you're in your home lead to a cutscene and a loadscreen into a cutscene to get in your garage, which leads to a loadscreen and a cutscene when coming out of the garage.
As to your post, no idea. Although all of the developers involved in the good rockstar games (bully, manhunt, gta) had already quit by the time they were making gta 4. I don't know what pushed them, but it's what happened. Maybe the new stuff being garbage isn't about suits being suits (has never been the case with rockstar) but about the new blood being cancer, and the rockstar owners not knowing any better since they never actually liked video games or intended to work in them.

They went backwards in technology in exchange for "MUH ONLINE XDDD"
So it was actually just the online my man.

Fuck you nigger, i'll never be able to read it right again.

GTAV is dead to me because it had no proper lobby system. It's gimmicky as fuck and painful to do anything in that shitshow of a game.

you guys are just hipsters

Holla Forums had a solid opinion on it?
As far as I've seen it was almost 50% 50% since always

I'm personally not a huge fan

GTA4 was always polarizing. I personally disliked it because of its sloppy PC port, how horribly it ran on 360, the city being so grey brown, load times when doing something simple like changing pants compared to how fast it was in Bully, the driving system compared to SA, in general I thought it was a step back from SA in all ways except pacing because it takes fucking forever to get to the good parts in SA.

No, Holla Forums hated it because it was getting perfect 10s and being declared the best game of all time despite being boring as shit. Same thing happened with The Last of Us. I bet when TLoU2 comes out Holla Forums will start talking about how great the first one was.

I doubt it outside of shitposters. Even then though I dont get how there is a fanbase for modern ND, their new games are boring as hell.

I wouldn't say a fanbase, but I can appreciate some of the uncharted games, I suppose it's the same for some other people

I think The Last of Us is downright reviled around here as opposed to being seen as just overrated. It'd take a massive influx of newfags to turn the consensus on it around.

But user, the gangsta shit is the best part of SA. Even if until you come back to los santos it's just a tutorial.

You mean underage newfaggots.

But you are reading it right.

Gta 4 is 9 years old by now, the people that hated it moved on, the people that liked it still fondly remember it. the review scores were too high though

Most of the game play is designed around using the minimap. Its trash. If they had designed the game without the minimap it might have had a chance. And less of the shitty story. Doing a playtrough while skipping as many cutscenes as possible shows just how little there is to the singleplayer.

were they?
It was amazingly impressive for when it came out
Probably the only game that felt like an actual leap in technology from ps2 to ps3

I fucking didn't, it's still a fucking terrible entry in the series that gets fucked in the ass by Saints Row 2 every day of the week.

Faggots making Rockstar believe their writers were good were a mistake.

SR2 has absolutely terrible vehicle handling and shit weapons, though.

I haven't played SR2 for a while so I don't remember how the cars handle, but I loved the weapons, especially with shit like dual wielding. Plus the soundtrack was fucking great, the customization options were insane, there was so much activities in the game that were actually fun to do, its weird how a game with a significantly lower budget was way better. Shame they fucked up with 3.

Fuck no. The weapons in GTA IV were all boring and sucked dick. SR2 has a larger variety of guns and you can dual wield pistols and SMGs too, not counting the LMG, auto shotguns and assault rifles.

If I hear the pathetic sounds the weapons make in GTA IV and their complete and utter lack of feedback again I am going to choke a bitch. Fuck the Glock especially. Worthless, pathetic sounding piece of shit.

Only on PC, unmodded.

I've actually replayed SR2 recently. A mighty fun game, but the PC port is nothing short of pure unadulterated shit.
Constant understeer or oversteer, no feeling of weight and generally slow. One of the things I loved about GTA4 compared to the previous entries is how almost all cars can reach impressive speeds. The "boat" sway was also pretty cool, if somewhat overdone.
I dunno. ARs were extremely inaccurate, shotguns felt like pea shooters, SMGs were somewhat alright, but had insane ammo consumption. The only guns I enjoyed using were akimbo Kobra pistols because they were relatively accurate, had a good ROF and had infinite ammo. Dual wielding was nice, though, I'll give you that.
I felt like it was a very good period piece, but the actual music quality in IV's radio is much higher, along with variety. Can't beat having both JNR and Fusion FM at the same time.
Don't forget about the secret areas and shitloads of detailed interiors. Stilwater is an amazing open world.

(checked)
Weapons in IV have great tactile feedback, the recoil is modeled much better, not to mention hit reactions from NPCs. Sound tech was also a notch better than in SR, IIRC.

I actually tried to play with X360 controller and it was even worse, mostly due to a retarded botton assignments. Which mods are you talking about, though?

GotR should have a handling fix, they're all much better to drive after applying it.

What about GTA IV's writing was bad?

i think IV's writing was bad because it was too serious, it was up it's own ass similar to III, but then i think back to LaD and TBoGT and those were less up their own ass, so maybe it's not that it was bad, i just feel a certain way about it, but GTA V was the worst and i fucking fear for Bully II

I've always thought IV's writing was a good, not better than VC or SA, but still good. I never found it pretentious or trying to come across as deep. I think most don't like it because they don't know their history and didn't understand why Niko was so cold because the game didn't hold their hand and explain to them in detail what shit he was in before coming to Liberty City.

that could be it, i was also a huge nostalgiafag for old liberty
i live in new york so a straight copy of new york is boring to me, y'know?
pic related is my favorite GTA, kinda overlooked

It was serious but it had a good amount of humorous moments. Personally, i liked the serious tone of the game. It was written well and the characters were good. I would actually like it more if we got another serious story if it was written well like the story in IV and VCS.

Thing is, it was explained. Not in detail, but it was but it wasn't just some stupid monologue in a random scene, it was slowly explained over time.

VCS made me hate lance so fucking much, he's why i don't care for it much, plus knowing vic dies just hurts me
LCS gave us JD O'Toole

Sorry for your loss.

It's overlooked since it was released in that no man's land between gen 6 and 7.

But if you're a dudebro who has no knowledge of the Yugoslav Wars, the game didn't come close to explaining what Niko went through and wouldn't have been able to without being a documentary or pretentious. IV's writing get bad reception for being "too serious" led to what V was, overly campy and terrible.

It's pretty sad too since there's so many other happenings that could easily be applied with the IV formula and the characters surrounding them write themselves. Having a MC or any character that was from Johannesburg in the 90s, Hueland any year, Colombia during and after Escobar, or even somewhere in the Middle East would make for some kino tier vidya.

Fuck the dudebros. I don't give a shit if they have no knowledge of the Yugoslav wars, that doesn't make the writing any shittier.
I really appreciate it when they make serious characters that truly went thru serious shit and weren't just mafia dudes with no backstory.

I want all the hipsters who dislike GTA V to stop posting in this thread. If you honestly played through all the GTA games, from the first one to the last, and you think GTA V is a bad game then you have no taste. It objectively has more things in it, an upgraded engine, and it follows the same formula. Now if you like San Andreas or IV more then good for you, but you simply can't call V a bad game.

I was on 'the chans' when 4 was released, everyone was shitting on it and it's physics. Now everyone is praising the car controls from 4 and weird flabby human ragdolls, it's like bizzaro Holla Forums. Gta V is simply a better version of GTA IV. And I would put it next to San Andreas in terms of how good it is. 3 characters, powers for each, animals, first person mode, and weapon customization is nice. What is not nice is the awful multiplayer and limited mod capability.

Well, altho it was a jarring change, i liked IV and never pretended to hate it. I've never played V but from what i've heard, it has problems. Not saying its bad, but problems are obviously present.
For one, from what i've heard, the missions are rather easy, even easier then in IV and they were pretty easy in IV. The heist mission in VI, the one considered to be one of the hardest, if not the hardest missions? I beat it in my first try. That and having 3 characters each with powers seems like it makes you a bit too powerful.
It doesn't help that there is limited modding and the multiplayer is awful. Its an even more of a ''RPG" grind then RDR MP and RDR was awful.
And about the driving, i think that the reason most people hated it in the beginning is because it was unusual and hard to control but the truth is that its great, it actually takes skill to learn it.

The fact that cynical fags bitch when things are different doesn't mean that everyone who likes it is a hipster.

And i want to point out that i originally played GTA IV on the PS3, and that means i wasn't using the mouse and keyboard, i had to deal with the joysticks for aiming and controlling yet it was still easy.

Well, there's one massive problem in what you're saying. You did not play the game. And this is what most people do, they do not play the game and they just parrot what others say. I think that unless you have played at least two hours of it, since it's a 30h + game, you have no right to judge that game.

Don't think anyone has said or will say V is bad from a technical standpoint, but it was regressive from a narrative standpoint. I can tell Rockstar originally planned to have the entire game around Micheal and show the transition from old mob to new organized crime but decided it wasn't enough for some reason. Franklin may as well been a husk and Trevor was thrown in to bring back the crowd that IV lost. All having 3 characters did was water the game down in an attempt to increase the game's length.

But i am only observing. I will play it once i get the new computer i ordered, i am merely saying that i can see problems with the game after watching and hearing a lot but there is a possibility that it won't be so bad, the SP might be great…but even tho i haven't played it myself, i have no doubt that the MP truly is shit. Making the MP be a pseudo-rpg grinding shitfest has always been a disaster and i know that because i know how pretty much all RPG servers for MTA turned out and i know how RDR MP turned out. I am speaking out of extended experience.

the bootlicking wasn't towards salvatore it was more vincenzo at times kinda shit at times yeah, but i think it was less bootlicking more like toni had to prove himself for some odd reason, maybe that's the same, i dunno but look you're right man, GTA IV's map was boring i live it, but V's map is even worse thing a large open space like san andreas but with less to do, sure it's pretty but why not go to SA where you have a whole state

Is there a way to play online with a pirated version of GTA V?

There's FiveReborn.

People have problem with GTAV because it's multiplayer focused game and that is a huge reason why I find this game quite mediocre. I personally spent 40 hours in it and the first 15 hours were pretty exciting for me and I thought that the game was really good, I was ready to ignore some minor things like terrible AI or damage system which I hate the most, besides the game has Zaibatsu car and I'm a big GTA2 fan, I wanted to get into GTAV exactly after playing GTA2.
However, somewhere on 20 hour of my playthrough I wished to finish the game as quickly as possible because it became just too boring, at that time I stopped coming back into the game everyday and played something else instead. I started to realize that while the game has a lot of things to do, it's lacking at the same time, it feels empty and since story there is crap as well except some moments, I had to force myself to finish the game.
Now take a look at GTA Online content, this part of V has many good activities on which I would definitely spend more time if all of this stuff was available in singleplayer. In that case I would put it next to my favorite games and might consider it the best GTA game, but not only I'm forced to play shitty multiplayer just to experience this stuff, I should waste actual money because this piece of garbage is full of microtransactions, nevermind $60 price tag for a delayed game.
For the record, I played SA more, more than hundred hours and replayed it several times even though I despite shooting mechanics there since my first GTAIV playthrough. I fail to understand why people praise this game so much, if anything I'd put it next to SR3, GTAV is just a wasted opportunity. They should've updated GTAIV engine and added more content instead.

Not GTA IV's especially, the writers are serviceable but not exceptional yet normalfags will gush about how Rockstar games have great story.

What I was pissed more about is to have less content in my game from San Andreas and that Liberty City is the worst city in GTA world prove me wrong protip you can't.

worst in the HD universe, it's generic in the 3D's i'll admit but liberty city has a place in my heart, maybe nostalgia, maybe because it's a love letter to new york that i graciously accept with open arms, i don't know i just feel it's a really nice place

the online (now) it's kinda good
Assuming you find a 13 year old cheater that drops you 8Mil to start with

You can't move GTA without losing 90% of the charm it has
Also, by making it non-american, no one will get the culture references that are the basis of the humor of the game
t. italian

>20 real dollarydoos for a million, enough for maybe one car are you fucking kidding me
>100 fucking dollars for 8 million, maybe 4 cars Oy fucking vey

How is this shit so popular? You can't fucking have any fun with your friends, everything costs money that you have to spend countless days to earn unless you wanna spend an ungodly amount of real money on (((microtransactions))), only redeeming thing are the activities that people make that can be kinda decent and fun and all for a fucking game that is just mediocre. Everytime I want to have a fun shootout I have to do a heist to get the fucking money to do it, in a goddamn GTA game. IV never did that shit, not even close. How the fuck is this game so ridiculously jewed? At this rate if they ever do make a RDR sequel you'll have to pay a thousand dollars a year just to play online let alone the ungodly amount you'll be spending on just buying ammo and whatever shit they decide to add to the game. The game is entirely built on getting rich from robbing people and stores/banks but the only robbery that happens is fucking Rockstar on your wallet

Your mistake was buying it on console. On PC, there are hackers absolutely everywhere. I got 7m from one yesterday, bought a car warehouse so I can play around with those CEO missions, and a Shotaro (the Tron bike).

Or you grind. There's a way to exploit the Pacific Standard heist where the host disconnects before it ends, which lets him replay over and over again. He gives 30% cut to each crew member in the heist setup, so you make about $300k per run, maybe 15 minutes of work.

Honestly, at this point, I mostly play it to zip around the map on fun bikes or in 80s cars, listening to embed related and laying waste to anyone that gets close to me.

Or you abuse the 2x cash adversary modes. The one last week, you could make 150k easily in half an hour by only playing with a friend, throwing matches, and dragging it on as long as possible.

The premise of multiplayer is horribly flawed, but it's plenty of fun if you break the mold.

it's kinda too bad, it would have been neat to have a proper MMO structure where you really do start out as just some thug on the street with a shitty glock, and you work your way up to a kingpin - but multiplayer

Forgot to ask you fags, what are some good mods for IV? Are there some mods that add more guns or something?

Vice City pretty much already did this.

Dicking around in these games is 10x more fun than doing any of the missions.

It's riddled with V babbies and script kiddos crashing your console every single lobby. LITERALLY unplayable.

I played it not too long ago and i didn't encounter any of that.

Like? It has about as much content as Vice City did without the style

People shit on SR4 too much, it was a very good 20 hours of fun for me and while it isn't really in the gangster style of SR, it was still just insane and fun. I quite liked the progression, you constantly felt more powerful each weapon and health upgrade. I could probably complete it in 4 hours if I did nothing but main story, but it managed to make it nothing but fun for 20 for me when I just ran around, did side quests and captured towers, the sidequests never felt forced on me but doing them was still enjoyable if you did a story mission inbetween them.

It was always unplayable under normal circumstances, only fun with a small group of friends.

Then you played for a total of five minutes, were a goody twoshoes faggot, or didn't play at all.

The second you try to do anything fun, i.e. RPG rampages and helicopter launches, you're votekicked and/or your console is crashed by the scriptfaggot in the lobby.

What the fuck are you talking about? I don't remember encountering that. Maybe in your region the players are fags but here i had fun.
It should be noted that i mostly played the deathmatch mode and the racing mode, i didn't really bother with the other modes because they weren't as fun.
Maybe most of that stuff happens in freeroam and since i entered a freeroam lobby only once, maybe twice, i may have avoided encountering that stuff.

Everything, from gameplay to story it was all a drowngrade from any other gta game even fucking 4. Not to mention the cutscenes and atrocious loading times plus unecessary loading screens and cutscenes (Want to get out of your garage? have unskippable cutscene!)

i thought they stopped calling abos wildlife in the 70's

SR4 is utter shit. In fact it's so shit, that it made The Third look decent. At the very least the third is somewhat resembled a Saints Row game, while SR4 tried to be Crackdown/Prototype hybrid on the engine of The Third, so game ended up short on it's every aspect.

Oh blow me. V has snipets of things that were in previous game, but they so underdeveloped it's fucking insulting like:
Properties are useless and instead of full fledged set of missions, it some couple shity errands.
Except activities are far less, the only fun one is golf and it doesn't give you any rewards like buying weapons at discount, free taxy etc. Only shity ass dialog
And the every fucking thing like that.

Well to be also fair, I didn't liked GTA IV at first too, but it grown on me, I started to appreciate
what that game had to offer and the more I play it, the more I like it, I reinstalled it like 3 times this year, while the more I play GTA V the more I hate it, because the more I play it the more I see wasted opportunities.

I changed two games since but finished none

For some reason in GTA San Andreas, when using the first person mod with GInput, the right stick can't be used to look around in first person, only the mouse. What do?

nig nog was pretty good though

Wouldn't it just get banned?

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

From a "they made history" perspective: 1, 3, Vice, San An, IV, V

From a "they're the best ones" perspective: Vice, San An, V

San An/V

If you can get past the controls and certain mechanics, then Vice is a must play and you could possibly skip III but it's enjoyable nonetheless. Very barebones.

here's your you

bump it on the pp

You can't call it a clone if it did everything better, and it did.

So I got a repack of GTA V and got LSPDFR to work with it. Are the only calls you get for stolen cars and pursuits of armed suspects? I can press X a million times and that's all I get.

just realized you can download scripts on the official website

GTA Moon Man is the best.

gta5-mods.com/player/moonman-head-for-michael-lunarknight

I gotta ask, in IV and V, do you need to change the skin for the mission cutscenes themselfs like you had to do in gta sa or do the new skins work in mission cutscenes without any additional tweaking?
TL;DR If you change skins, does it work in cutscenes?

Yes it works in cutscenes also. Includes mouth and neck movements. It's really funny.

Fantastic. I hated how in gta sa you had to manually replace the models for each individual cutscene, and if i remember correctly, replacing cutscene models was a bigger pain in the ass then normal models for some reason.

GTAO is alright

My biggest gripe with GTAO is how cooperation is forced upon you. I like the idea of making your own character and fucking around but a lot of the missions that could easily be done solo require you to have at least one other person. Doesn't help that most randos refuse to communicate and many missions end if one of you die.