New entrant to the console race?

With Microsoft and Nintendo flopping and facing impending doom on the same week, do you think a new company will enter the race and prevent a Sony monopoly? I think Apple might give it a shot with a Marathon reboot and they buy Bungie outright so that other devs can make new Myth and Oni games, but their console will probably be overpriced.

Nintendo flopped?

SEGA DREAMCAST 2
MEME IT

Makes you think…

Consoles themselves are going to die

The future is PC and mobile

Market it as Dark Souls mixed with Halo. Done.

Youre kidding yourself if you think the Switch is going to flop.

Nintendo's might has literally always been most concentrated into its handhelds.

Apple already tried a console, they won't do it again. I want a new SNK handheld.

S E G A
E
G
A

I wouldn't count on it until it happens. It hasn't even released yet, so how do you know that normalfags will not buy it?

If you just do some reading online anywhere, both Nintendofags and non-Nintendofags are hating on the system. Even Nintendo fans that I know irl aren't interested in getting a Switch.

Online reading of comment sections doesn't mean shit, wait till the console actually sells, dumbass.

One thing is for sure, if Nintendo doesn't listen to feedback ASAP, they're done.

Define feedback and define how much.

Because the Pippin did so fucking well, right?

Like be more specific with online capabilities, show more support for Western games, explain the specs more, a new F-Zero and Metroid, clarify if Skyrim is regular or special edition, show off Virtual Console for Gamecube, Wii, Wii U and 3DS, announce games that a lot of people actually care about like Overmeme and Dindufield just to name a few.

Well with the general population buying anything made by Apple, who knows? I just want Marathon back.

The Switch isn't a handheld.
It's a console that you can take with you. :^)

I don't care about the console race. Home consoles can die, PCs are better in every way. The only thing I hope for is another company making a real attempt at entering the handheld market.

Nintendo needs a competitor in that area. The Switch, despite how much Nintendo and other faggots claim, is not a real handheld and does not replace the 3DS. Sony fakes entering the handheld market every once in a while but hasn't put forth a real effort. Bullshit tablets keep coming out claiming to be gaming focused but don't have physical game controls. Mobile phones don't fucking count and there is no choice in handheld gaming. I want a real attempt by some company (be it Sony round 3 or somebody else) to make a handheld actually built for gaming and is focused SOLELY on that. No horseshit with social media, not connected with another of the company's home consoles as an "addition" to it, and not fucking Android based (that is the easiest way I have seen to make sure your "new" hardware flops because everybody already has an Android device, they don't need yours) that actually offers something different from Nintendo.

OP you are a retarded child who doesn't know what words mean. Saging your shit thread.

Even if the competitors aren't good (to you), there are people who will buy them. There are three fucking cobsoles to choose from which is by definition not a monopoly. Fuck, you retard you piss me off. Go back to reddit

Honestly, I think it's going to be Amazon that makes the biggest move. If they were to do that, they're going to make it a streaming service. Jeff Bezos is the most powerful eccentric CEO there is and is invading a bunch of markets just because he can. Cook and other tech giants like Zuckerberg and Page don't have the balls or intelligence to successfully enter the video game business.

GPD might be chinese, but theyre trying. They released a windows handheld. I dont have one yet so i cant vouch for the quality.

We should meme it…Although we should meme the crash first so Sega and their Dreamcast 2 can restart everything and "fix everything what was wrong" like Nintendo did after Atari fucked things in the nigger asshole.

>video game business market
Fuck, I'm tired.

Crash the industry pls

Fuck no.

We've crossed that Rubicon a long time ago. It's all smartphones now. I don't even think we should be calling them smartphones anymore because the phone part of it is now secondary. We need more devices like the Xperia along with the proper software support.

That phone was great. It was my introduction to Android, and was amazing for GBA emulation. The "sticks" were shit, but the buttons felt nice. It's a shame it's stuck on Gingerbread just like a lot of cool Android phones

The iPhone is a handheld game console in all but name. Kids are growing up playing shity phone games because giving them the iPhone for a bit shuts them up. I don't know what's worse, kids having nostalgia for Flappy Bird or kids getting into F2P vidya at a young age.

I checked their website,what they are trying isn't very good. Their offerings are literally the opposite of what a handheld should be
So, Windows 10 is a horrid thing because, in addition to all the spying shit on it, it is a horrible OS to put on a mobile game platform because it can't into power saving. As unpopular as this may sound a handheld console should NOT be a home console with portable, trashed versions of full console releases. They should be separate. Nintendo does this well with the mainline Pokemon series, notice how it is never on any device that isn't portable? The biggest thing, which I think is also what killed a lot of "start up" consoles is the use of Android OS on their gaming focused platform and then marketing it for emulation. If the best thing your console can do is play old games you didn't make your console is shit. Everybody has an Android device and doesn't need yours. Streaming AAA titles is trash on real hardware, streaming on a mobile device is godawful and, again, misses the point of handhelds.
Ideally a handheld is going to have titles that are either unique IP or spinoffs that would not work on home consoles or were too "small" or niche for a full release.

Fuck off. They are not and should not be considered the same as an actual handheld console. Mobile games are cancer filled with microtransactions or ads. Android is not a gaming OS, Android is an advertisement OS. A smartphone pretending to be a gaming device is going to flop because by trying to combine both is going to make all the "features" suck and feel half assed.

I dont really buy new games anyway, so i bought the "GPD XD" for emulating on the go. So far ive gotten more enjoyment out of that than any game from last year. Really, im thinking of getting the win for playing games that just cant be played on android (VNs, pc only games, dos games, doom mods). The spying thing would be ignoreable since i wouldnt put any personal information on it anyway. I probably wouldnt even connect it to the internet.

Literally who gives a shit, even if sony pumps up the kikery to the point consolefags move to PC steamfags are already the staggering majority anyway.

I don't remember Wii U having stock issues the way Switch and that NES Classic had.

Believe me, I agree with you. I hate mobile shit as much as the next fag. I have no social media accounts and a flip phone. We have to accept that we're never going to get another popular portable again unless it also has the functionality of a smartphone. Really, just an improved version of the Xperia that can download and play Vita games.

At least Angry Birds gave us that red pilled as fuck movie.

You'll never guess what just sold out multiple waves of pre-orders earlier this morning across eight or nine retailers.

Fucking kill yourself

So did the Wii and the Wii U, and the best things those consoles could do was collect dust.

Consoles are dead. Long live the PC master race. At least until mobages kill everyone like they're doing now.

lol. Sonyggers.

Xbox One is doing fine outside of Asia, they were "flopping and facing impending doom" when that retard Don Matrik was in charge though. Asians will not buy anything made by American companies if they can help it.

But to answer your question, no. There will not be another (serious)competitor in the console market probably in our lifetime. The market is dominated by three multi-billion dollar globally recognizable companies and the R&D budget needed to make a proprietary gaming system competitive in both performance and features is in the 10 figure range. Expect lots of shitty "console killer!!1!!" prebuilt PCs though.

No consoles do fine in that region. It's all about mobiles since they're either broke, casual, or PC zerg rushers.

I don't remember Wii U selling out the way Switch did. It probably didn't help that Amazon, the internet's Sears catalog, didn't sell it themselves.

How is Switch not a real handheld?

PC sales are on decline for the fifth year now. Gayming is dead.

Consider that people don't replace their PCs like they do their mobile phones and most people just used their PCs for fuckbook and phones can do that fine

There's no good reason to. Sony haven't won shit all this generation they've just lost less than everyone else. Securing a monopoly over a dying market will benefit them for a generation or two more at most.

I'm going to ignore the retarded second half of your post.

no
because hardware alone doesn't sell systems, you also need exclusives. Other than the big 3, no other hardware companies have the game dev talent to sell a console, and no other game devs have the hardware talent to design a console.

I don't know man, I get the feeling they are banking on a good holiday season and will show new games at E3 with a 2017 release date, they even have a Fire Emblem Direct on the 18th and it wouldn't surprise me if they showed a full trailer for Fire Emblem Warriors and gave it a 2017 release date, although that could easily be Fire Emblem for mobile, but their other mobile games didn't get directs.

Maybe Pokemon Starz is a thing, although the entire Larry Karl Dale leak was dead wrong except on the games that we had already seen so there's a good chance it was never going to happen but there's no way they'd announce it this close to the 3ds release and kill sales for that game either.

It will be safe to call it in a years time when they announce they sold 3 million Switches in their first 9 months and Skyrim is delayed and then canceled. I don't even know why they are working with Bethesda, Skyrim is the only Beth or Zeni title that will even land on the Switch.

As far as I'm concerned the Switch is a better handheld than a console. Cant really see myself pulling a gaming tablet out in public though. It's already autistic enough to see a grown man pull out a 3DS or a Vita but a big ass tablet with controllers attached to the sides is some next level shit.

PCs are hitting a plateau. A computer made 6 years ago more often than not can perform basic tasks as good as a computer made 10 days ago. Most PC gamers don't buy prebuilts and only upgrade a few parts every 4 or so years. Lol most PC gamers are people playing MOBAs on Intel HD graphics.

Largely explained by casual users moving to tablets and smartphones instead of underpowered prebuilts and laptops (though they'll probably still have older hardware sitting around, it's more that the tablets/phones replace the hardware upgrade). Sales of PCs cover PCs for all purposes, frankly those intended for playing vidya are a pretty small percentage of the total, so you can't infer anything about gaming from them alone.

It turns out that Fire Emblem Warriors will be shown at next weeks Direct.

Not only that but if he's going to talk about market dominance based on sales, then consoles died very early on the history of games.

Satan is correct. GAYMING ISS DEAD

Those MOBAs rake in the dough though. Games that take a decent rig to run like GTAV and Battlefield still have pretty healthy player base even going back to Bad Company 2.

GTAV is actually the third most popular game on Steam right now behind Counter Blyat GO and Dota 2

Consoles and handholds are going to die. All the casuals that used to play them are switching to mobile games, especially because tablet screens are big enough that it doesn't matter if you're playing on one on your lap, or on a console with a TV screen across the room.

Really, what's going to be the next big change is going to depend on which company will to "cave" to this pressure first. At some point in the near future, either Nintendo or Sony or Microsoft is going to partner with a mobile phone or tablet company and release all their new games (and "remastered" old ones) for mobile devices. This will completely destroy any demand for handholds, and start to close the coffin on consoles. That company will lose its soul, but win the money, putting all of the other companies out of business. Why the FUCK would anyone pay for a Playstation 5 or Xbox1080, or whatever handheld consoles, when Nintendo's whole library is available on iPhones and iPads? Laws against monopolies won't protect us.

This is funny if you actually think any of that is remotely true. Honestly though I don't see anyone new coming to the console market.

There is in fact a new console coming out and it's a sega samsung joint project.
Expect the first news to start dropping around November.

Scary if true

MS is pretty much done with consoles. The Xbone is their last entry, their string of fuckups ever since the original XBox came out has finally caught up to them.

As for Nintendo, they seem to be doing everything in their power to make the Switch a failure.

I can't reveal who i am, but it's true. It will be a straight up console like ps4 and no gimmicky shit, and it's selling point is samsungs retard strong tech and sega's games.

It was called the Pippin
Who the fuck wants to own a console called the pippin
What the fuck does Pippin even mean?
I looked it up it's a small yellow and red apple the console is a plain off white or off black and comes with a whole buchle of bulky addons

I think it's hilarious how much effort is being done by Bethesda here with Skyrim. Why is their 6 year old game going to release in fall? They have to know the the other versions will probably be $20-30 by then. The only thing the Switch version would have going for it is it's portability. But I really doubt that'd be enough to convince your average guy to double/triple dip. Then you have a rumor saying that EA's game is going to be based on the 360 version.

I mean even if the Switch flops, if you're going to put that low of an effort in, they can't pretend it's not their own fault it didn't sell.

I fucking wish.

Really? Are you honestly saying the average retard is not stupid enough to buy the same game three times in a row?

Wasn't the Pippin more of a multimedia CD player like the CD-I rather than a console?

I don't see it happening for the Switch.

I bet you anything the same hipster filth that masturbates to Zelda will buy Skyrim because it's one of the five games they ever bother playing.

AppleTV uses the iOS ecosystem and normalfags play games on iOS more than any other platform.

Who the fuck designed that controller?

Anyway won't consoles likely die? Sony only won this generation because their console wasn't a complete disaster unlike the Xbone and whatever Nintendo shit out. Japan also is going more to PC along with a lot of Asia so likely may see Sony trying to make a sort of console/PC hybrid like the steambox.

Uh, no. Android is the biggest gaming platform in the world right now. Neither means shit though because mobages are for casuals.

what the fuck is wrong with you?

they're literal fruits, pozzed to the fruit core.

My body may be ready

PC components revenue is substanciallty increasing every year though.

man it's almost as if there is an (ever expanding due to modern components being bretty good for what you need for 10+ years) cycle to those sales and the market is adjusting accordingly

OY VEY IT'S ANOTHER SHOAH

Quit posting Tornado1994

>Facebook or Apple come out with a console

Nintendoom is the longest running disproven apocalypse cult, prove me wrong.
Global cooling/warming doesn't count.

fuck wrong image
I meant to use this

Like how normalfags bought the Wii U?

No new hardware from SNK please

why do you have this image

MODS

m8 you are talking about a company that survived the Virtual Boy, Nintendo will outlast the crockroaches

With smartphones cutting into the lower power, lower cost, and pocket sized portable console market, it makes sense to make a portable console like that. The 3DS was weak even when compared to the smartphones that came out around the same time and I think the Vita was comparable to tablets and better phablets that were out around when it came out. A company could probably make a game targeting a larger group of people by releasing it for smartphones and requiring one of the various controller attachments (which takes up less room in your pocket than your phone plus a 3DS/Vita) than they could by releasing it for the 3DS or Vita. Don't take this as me defending smartphones, I hate what they've done to portable electronics and don't own one myself.

It's still possible. They just have to market a portable console that does something phones don't do, such as being able to play games designed for home consoles.

Fucking hell that second panel is cringey.

Cody please

I do not get this reference, pls explain

why is Holla Forums-tan just sitting in a room starring at a fucking door

I've been listening to this exact shit for 4 years from Wii U apologists.

Wasn't Amazon making a console?

Cody pls stop pretending

Switch Bitch

You can dream OP, we will never ever get a new Myth or Marathon game

Consoles are dead. Why would anyone try to get money in a dead market?

I have no fucking clue who this guy is mostly because I haven't used cuckchan for three years but I find it hard to hate him on that alone.

I want Jeroen to penetrate my virgin asshole

haven't I seen a post of yours 10 years ago that looked just like this one?

glad to see you're still a moron.

At least Chris-Chan has a Patreon. This is just sad