Games you bought too late

I wasn't expecting pic related to be active when I got it, but it seems I'm missing out somehow from when the game first launched.

I don't think it was ever even alive on the 360. Also Peacewalker; I managed to get a couple of missions with people, but they'd get mad when I didn't know the optimal loadouts and shit.

Dragon's Crown and PW are both games where you spend 20 minutes searching for one room that's one laggy jap dicking around if you want to play online.

Too late for active multiplayer, or too late to even see much discussion of them? Because I've got plenty of the latter. Main downside to having a backlog of older games: You may get to experience a lot of good, classic stuff for the first time even while the modern industry is shitty, but there's not much warrant for making threads to discuss them with other anons at this point. Hell, even some Holla Forums favorites from seventh gen have hit that point now (when was the last time you saw someone make a Ghost Trick thread here, for instance?).

You're better off getting some people to play couch co-op with.

who cares? There is local co-opt which is much more fun tbh lad

I don't have friends who play games like DC.

Get better friends.

I was so depressed when I bought Anarchy Reigns fun and for multiplayer. Bought it way too late, only managed to find one game with a full group. But holy shit was it fucking good.

It helps it had one of my favorite soundtracks in a game for pumping you up.

I would if I could, obviously. People only play shooters and mobas here. Being into League and Overwatch is as obscure as it gets.

Games like this need to implement some form of AI partnering to deal with the inevitable death of online play, as well as the complete lack of local co-op options.

While it's a nice idea in concept, in practice, the notion of having 4 friends that have enough money to all buy vitas and have the same interest in the same game as you and also have the free time and willingness to play said game with you on a regular basis.. That shit ain't happening for the vast majority of consumers who aren't living in Tokyo. And online play is just pure suffering anyways.

Nothing is worse than picking up a game and finding out that the only way to get some really cool item or to play the real content for the game requires online play, which isn't scaled for singleplayer, and it's now wholly undoable since the community abandoned it months, if not years ago.

Not the characters themselves (he found people flipping out over Sorceress' tits to be ridiculously stupid, especially shitaku calling her a "lolicon fantasy"), but just the way they're stylized. Sadly, I can't think of anyone else I know locally that would possibly be into a game like that, so I haven't picked it up (especially since around these parts it's sitting at a stable $30 or so rather than being cheap like most PS3 games these days).

Well I'd offer to play with you, but it sounds like you just started and it wouldn't be much fun to just have someone steamroll everything.

There are AI parners and local co-op in Dragon's Crown. Problem is the AI is pretty much retarded and only serve as meat shields.

I suppose I should have qualified that as GOOD AI partnering. I also know there's local co-op, but as I said.. Unless you're the luckiest fucker on Earth and are lucky enough to have 3 friends who own vitas, like DC (or similar co-op games), desire to play it regularly, and have the time to do so, then it's all just one impossible hurdle that makes the game much less desirable to play.

I really think online only items and shit ought to not happen, or at the very least be made available for singleplayer mode if the multiplayer dies off, or worse, the system loses access to multiplayer entirely. I remember having to struggle to find anyone in the Wii wifi's twilight days that not only had Metroid Prime Trilogy, but had at least the same amount of those shitty friend vouchers I had, as for some fucking reason they opted to make some of the unlockable shit require connecting to another player to get at (exchange vouchers for tokens); even more stupidly, Trilogy couldn't even connect with the base Corruption version, making it that much harder to exchange your vouchers since Trilogy used to be pretty rare. Now people newly playing Corruption or Trilogy can never get 100% of the unlocks (unless I suppose they find a copy of a save file with all the necessary green tokens).

Dragon's Crown is on the PS3 as well. Local co-op there would only require additional controllers to my knowledge, as opposed to needing to find other people with Vitas outright.

DC was awesome and still is. I think online play could be revived if they ever released an expansion pack or something. I don't want a sequel as that wouldn't help the original game, but a ton of extra content and changes that can give players a reason to play again. Of course, a second game could be made and it could allow players from the first game to play with those of the second without some of the new changes or content.

I seem to remember some years back, Demon's Souls got a boost in multiplayer activity due to some Halloween event. Can't recall if it was something official or fan organized, but for a while it had some life back in it, and somehow Atlus still sees fit to keep the servers up even now.

Speaking of updates was there ever one after the one that added that tower with thousands of floors?

Fan organized. It's amazing the servers are still up when there were originally scheduled to be shut down May 2012.

I think the additional floors update was the last one.

I'm getting the itch to go play it right now, but I would need to find and charge my Vita first.

It was on PS3 as well you know.

The online still has some activity, but man do I miss the glory days.

Is it worth it without online at all?

If you already like the Souls formula from the later games it is worth a solo romp absolutely. You really should be experienced enough to not need help with boss fights, and invasions will be rare or never happen. Highest odds of fighting another player will be the Old Monk fight if there is someone waiting to be summoned for it. I personally like to use a level 35 character and a Dozer Axe for it, but I drop duped Ephemeral Eyes for my victims too just to be nice about their coming death.

Guild Wars 1 - Places were dead, but playing solo was still pretty fun. Made me regret spending $60 on the shitty sequel.
Splatoon - At least I think I might be too late on this one.
Phantasy Star Online - I only had the gamecube version and always played solo, still had fun though.

I'll give it a pirate then, thanks.

t. Souls game virgin

I'm so sorry

Not really bought but hearing there was a MNC sequel really brought spirits to my heart. Then I uninstalled it and.

Phantasy Star Online has local co-op too though, right? Not just online only?

Gamecube version has up to 4 players splitscreen coop. PC version is online only (private servers since the official ones have been dead for about a decade) but it has more content. Ultima and Ephinea are the most popular private servers.

Yeah it has both, but of my small circle of friends I was the only one who liked RPG's or any slow-paced games so they didn't really enjoy playing it.

SMNC was shit. Not having played it should bring you nothing but joy.

I suppose I'm lucky I can at least get one of my few friends to co-op Tales. Thought of trying to look into PSO Episodes I and II Plus co-op via a Wii, but I'm not sure if it's going to be up his ally. Might have to try it some solo first.

I don't know what the game is like but I really wanted to play MNC again.

Good.
Why though.

Ephinea is the first good server to exist since scht went to shit. The rest are all super modified rates or autismo shit like that one that renames all the items after donators.

Pro tip: some NPCs/items/areas can only be accessed via achieving pure black or pure white world tendency. World tendency also affects things like enemy damage, drop rates, and your health bar. Soul Tendency also affects some NPC things and your health bar. Take a look at the wikidot if you get confused.

Phantasy Star Online. Never tried it, since I never had dial up and there was no Dreamcast broadband. I didn't want to get a console for the other games.

I'm sorry, but there's no hope.

I said they were the most popular ones right now. I haven't tried them all so I can't compare the quality of those servers. I'll check Ephinea out though.

Also, higher XP rates aren't bad when you already spent over a thousand hours grinding back then and you just want to quickly go through the game's content again.

Also, it really easy to go full black, but a pain in the ass to go pure white. I remember they used to force pure black and white based on the holidays. I'm not sure if they still do that in DeS, but it was a great way to get a pure black and pure white run. However, I would definitely say to go for pure white first then black.

If you're actually talking about Steins Gate 0 then it's because it makes 0 sense

That's why I just wait until a more broad-yet-appropriate thread comes along (genre, system, etc), or some news (good or ill) comes up for the game/series to provide reason for the existence of a thread on them, rather than make threads for them myself. Otherwise at best they might see ten or so posts (half of them my own replying to one, maybe two, other anons), though more likely the thread 404s with zero replies. Doesn't help either when what you want to discuss was never all that popular to begin with, even on Holla Forums.

I remember noticing sometime last year how, compared to how frequent threads for Ghost Trick used to be back in the day on halfchan (very frequent, popular threads even years after release and no spiritual successor), threads for it have been rarely made here. I asked if other anons found it odd and only got a single reply that there was nothing left to discuss about it, so there was no reason for anyone to make threads. And again, that was for a game actually popular with and very well loved by anons in the past.

The Red Solstice. I really like the game but nobody but a group of highly skilled autists plays it and I can't level up to catch them.

I love Maho so much.

Do it on PC via BB private servers. Ephinea is the go to normal server.

Ephinea has the closest thing to normal rates, if I recall correctly. It has bonus events that get higher than normal, but nothing retarded like 10x or 20x which is really just for people that want a level 200 character without earning it with autism. If you actually want something different you can try their hardcore mode that gives you 2x exp and permadeath, otherwise if you're just doing a nostalgia run it doesn't even require grinding to play through the first episode. You might get whacked by falz without grinding a bit if you play a squishy wizard, but normal difficulty is easy to get through until that point.

For me it's pretty moot since scht soured me on playing again at all, I downloaded ephinea but I just can't be fucked to do it all again. That, and the group I used to play with split, and I can't get anyone new to pick it up.

Oh, and also TFC. Wish I got to play it while it had more players.

Most fighting games I've played have non existant online. I only recently got into the genre seriously back in 2015. I feel like I missed out on way too much.

Splatoon is still going strong and will be a holdout until 2 comes out

It's not that great to be an online warrior, tbh.

Either you're stomping someone who's obviously either new at the game or stupid, or you're getting your shit kicked in by an autistic veteran that's memorized every character and move in the game.

Fighting games are best played with one friend or a group of friends that are all roughly the same skill level.

I know that feel but it's hard for me to get behind VNs.

I'd second this but
If you ever find some friends that are willing to anything remotely decent don't ever let them go.

Oh there are some noob groups but they are just a few guys and usually fail badly.

Really? Do they have a usual time they get on?

I've been on both ends of that spectrum and I kow what you're talking about. too bad nobody else I know is willing to play anything besides smash, and the only local I know of is an hour away and my car is a gas guzzler.

Arena shooters at their height. Back in the late 90s/early 2000s I more into online RTS games like C&C & Starcraft so I never got to play UT or Quake 3 when they were popular. Gmod might be another one but it was one of those games that I bought ages ago but I didn't play until recently & I see all these neat modes that no one plays & experimental shit like Gmod tower & that one mode where you just ride an elevator with other bored niggers & I feel like I missed out on some of the better years.
Oh I guess old favorites like S4 League & Tribes Ascend as I was running on a mega toaster until like two years ago.

Demon's Souls. I picked it up relatively late, and the online was pretty much already dead by the time I got around to playing it. Barely any summons left, never got invaded, never experienced what it's like to fight a human opponent in the Old Monk fight.
Definitely a huge downside of having interwoven multiplayer mechanics in your singleplayer game.

Were you that Mahoposter in the S;G0 thread back when it launched?

You did nothing wrong my nigga.

This. I got into the souls series well after the Prepare to Die edition was released

Is there an active PSO server? I remember playing Blue Burst on an active server years ago.

Now would be a good time for a PC port.

Never forget.

so its not worth to buy it if I dont have anyone to play it with?

Muv Luv is better, but most people can't get pass the cliché and bland part 1 or Extra so i can't discuss anything without spoiling the best parts, but i have yet to read anything that described so well the major political problems of the world involving the UN and America, Nationalism vs "The Greater Good" and plenty of other shit.

You'll prob have more luck on /a/ than Holla Forums. I just finished the game myself and I dont know what to do with my life now.

someone post the recommended vita games picture

but it does, in fact they just join you automatically.

Ephinea.

This was the only PS3 game where I got every single trophy.

3 hours late and I have no idea if there's a more updated version but here you go.